Most useless team member you can think of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saxondale
I just saw a very amusing perceptive sketch on BBC2 it paired a couple of superheroes "Angel Summoner" and the "BMX Bandit". It was hilarious and distilled certain hilarious concepts in comics. Angel Summoner had the power to summon hordes of angels described as superpowered immortal beings. BMX bandit had his BMX skills. The premise was what was the point of BMX Bandits skills, strategy and ability to "pop a wheelie" when Angel Summoner could summon beings of limitless power. It reminded me of team ups like Thor and Spiderman. What is the most stupid reduntant team up you can remember in comics?

Symmetric Chaos
Batman no expression

Saxondale
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Batman no expression

More useless than the Flash teaming up with Piper? Bibbo and Superman?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Saxondale
More useless than the Flash teaming up with Piper? Bibbo and Superman?

When the team is fighting ancient sea monsters the size of Manhattan, I'm gonna say yes.

Saxondale
When the team is fighting ancient sea monsters the size of Manhattan, I'm gonna say yes.

Good point. Let's see if this can be topped. Rick Jones and the Hulk Vs. the Skulls is always funny.

roughrider
Aquaman. shifty

tjcoady
hands down, Tigra.

there's this one issue of Avengers where they go to fight the Ghost Rider, and I just remember Cap remarking that the team's only at half rooster... it was Thor, Iron Man, and himself. then, he states, "better bring Tigra along" or something like that... and I just remember wondering to myself "what the hell is Tigra going to do that Captain America, the Invincible Iron Man, and a God couldn't?"

Hercules
I just saw a very amusing perceptive sketch on BBC2 it paired a couple of superheroes "Angel Summoner" and the "BMX Bandit". It was hilarious and distilled certain hilarious concepts in comics. Angel Summoner had the power to summon hordes of angels described as superpowered immortal beings. BMX bandit had his BMX skills. The premise was what was the point of BMX Bandits skills, strategy and ability to "pop a wheelie" when Angel Summoner could summon beings of limitless power. It reminded me of team ups like Thor and Spiderman. What is the most stupid reduntant team up you can remember in comics?

You saw that on Mitchell and Web tonight right? laughing

Oh and Saxondale rocks! cool

Mockingbird and anyone, why would any team have Mockingbird on it?

Saxondale
Originally posted by Hercules
You saw that on Mitchell and Web tonight right? laughing

Oh and Saxondale rocks! cool

Mockingbird and anyone, why would any team have Mockingbird on it?

Yes I did and yes he does, funnier than Paul Calf as silly as Alan Partridge but at least a monster with heart. Saxondale rocks. Mockingbird/ Tigra/ Rick Jones/ Batman/ Bibbo come on their has to be even worse out there guys.

batdude123
Batman no expression

I'm about to start sluggin' some bitches up in here.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm about to start sluggin' some bitches up in here. calmth down....look at the context he put it in.

Priest
Superman shifty

batdude123

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by roughrider
Aquaman. shifty
Cause who needs a guy with the army and resources of the biggest nation on earth, is in constant contact with 2 thirds of life on the planet, is one of the more experienced heroes on earth and has diplomatic immunity? That's all worthless.

Unless you're talking about Aquanoob... and in that case... well yeah.

roughrider
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Cause who needs a guy with the army and resources of the biggest nation on earth, is in constant contact with 2 thirds of life on the planet, is one of the more experienced heroes on earth and has diplomatic immunity? That's all worthless.

Unless you're talking about Aquanoob... and in that case... well yeah.

I have only one word to say about Arthur Whitefish -

- Superfriends. big grin wink

Endless Mike
All of these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_%28comics%29

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endless Mike
All of these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_%28comics%29

BUENO!!!! evil face

Lucid Lui
I have only one word to say about Arthur Whitefish -

- Superfriends. big grin wink
And?

roughrider
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
And?

That's all anyone's needed for decades.

Symmetric Chaos
That's all anyone's needed for decades.

BUENO!!!!! evil face

jumpmann
Sentry.

Lucid Lui
That's all anyone's needed for decades. Well sure, Aquaman was the most useless character on the Superfriends team. Doesn't mean he's the most useless JLA member in the real DCU.

grey fox
Dare I say it..... embarrasment

BUENO!!!!! evil face

Milky Joe
I just saw a very amusing perceptive sketch on BBC2 it paired a couple of superheroes "Angel Summoner" and the "BMX Bandit"

"Mitchell & Webb", funny stuff, did you see the scene where they were playing Nazis and one says to the other "Hans .......... are we the baddies?"

laughing

As for useless team members .... Angel from the X-Men/Champions always seemed fairly crap to me (except for when he had the metal wings)

Hercules
Originally posted by Milky Joe
"Mitchell & Webb", funny stuff, did you see the scene where they were playing Nazis and one says to the other "Hans .......... are we the baddies?"

laughing

Hans say "no" and he says "then why do we have skulls on our caps?" laughing

Galan007
Flatman from the GLA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatman_%28comics%29

A good source of comic relief, but utterly useless.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Galan007
Flatman from the GLA:

A good source of comic relief, but utterly useless. that whole team is comic relief laughing

Symmetric Chaos

Sci-fi Nutjob
why is it i've heard some people(in other threads) say the thing is useless for the fantastic four because he is only a brick. yet nobody says colossus is useless for the x-men even though he's just a brick as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Sci-fi Nutjob
why is it i've heard some people(in other threads) say the thing is useless for the fantastic four because he is only a brick. yet nobody says colossus is useless for the x-men even though he's just a brick as well.

But he's Russian.

Validus
Thing's abilities can be closely duplicated by Mr. Fantastic. There's really no other bruiser on most X-Men squads.

Sci-fi Nutjob
But he's Russian. durlaugh

Originally posted by Validus
Thing's abilities can be closely duplicated by Mr. Fantastic. There's really no other bruiser on most X-Men squads. oh yeah, good point.

SnazzySmurph
TricksterPriest.

I mean, willfully taking his team out of the battle zone probably wasn't very useful at all.

JasonK4
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
TricksterPriest.

I mean, willfully taking his team out of the battle zone probably wasn't very useful at all.

Beef ?

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by JasonK4
Beef ? Nah.

JasonK4
Nah.
I hear you.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by JasonK4
I hear you. Nite, dawg.

JasonK4
Nite, dawg.
Nite, brah.

SnazzySmurph
offtobed

kevdude
Originally posted by Galan007
Flatman from the GLA:

A good source of comic relief, but utterly useless.

LOL agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.