Imagine a mod became a normal poster.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saxondale
Could they live with it. I think the number of people saying "hahahaha you have no power now" would have many of them reaching for the report button every five minutes. Mods what do you think?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Saxondale
Could they live with it. I think the number of people saying "hahahaha you have no power now" would have many of them reaching for the report button every five minutes. Mods what do you think?

It happened before, voluntarily or not. Seems to not be the case.

Also nice to see you around again.

Saxondale
Originally posted by Bardock42
It happened before, voluntarily or not. Seems to not be the case.

Also nice to see you around again.

Nice to see you. smile

Captain REX
I was on KMC for three or four years before I became a minor moderator here. I just recently got upgraded.

And personally? As fun as it is to actually have the authority to yell at dumb people, I'd probably be just as happy without the authority.

JLred
yeah, they'd cry...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain REX
I was on KMC for three or four years before I became a minor moderator here. I just recently got upgraded.

And personally? As fun as it is to actually have the authority to yell at dumb people, I'd probably be just as happy without the authority.

Not to forget that you seem to yell much less at dumb people that some regular members on here.

Power seems nice though. Is it nice? I bet it is nice.

Cory Chaos
Trust me. People that aren't mods hold that position in a lot higher regard than the mods themselves. I was one, and it wasn't anything special. Usually pretty underappreciated, and nobody ever really likes constructive criticism.

So, to appease the thread title..I'm an ex-mod and I don't miss it one bit.

JLred
but you're crying somewhere inside...

§P0oONY
Being a mod shouldn't change you as a poster. I'm a mod on a forum, I act the same as I do here. I just enforce rules when people break them.
Therefor the only reason for a demoted mod not fitting in, is that they were a shit person to begin with.

BakaXero
Ask Tattoo, his been in and out of modship since I can remember. He still seems like the same bastard to me. I don't think it's affect him one bit. srug

TOH
They ARE normal posters... roll eyes (sarcastic)

except REX of course ermm

Tattoo
Originally posted by BakaXero
Ask Tattoo, his been in and out of modship since I can remember. He still seems like the same bastard to me. I don't think it's affect him one bit. srug

Been a moderator twice before. big grin And yep, still the same prick I've always been. ermm

Like Cory said though, people who aren't moderators hold the position in a higher regard than a moderator themselves.

Strangelove
Ex-mods probably make better lovers.

No, that did not make sense ermjuggler

Tattoo
Originally posted by Strangelove

Did to me. ermm

No, wait, I lie. vin

Schecter

the only mods i have respect for are the ones who really dont care about 'power', selflessly devoting their time to actual moderation as opposed to endulging their egos with some sort of e-power display. they are the ones who really wouldnt be affected by such petty jabs, imho.

MR.Grum
Could they live with it. I think the number of people saying "hahahaha you have no power now" would have many of them reaching for the report button every five minutes. Mods what do you think? herbsmiledigimark

Lana
Originally posted by MR.Grum
herbsmiledigimark

Digi's still a mod confused

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Lana
Digi's still a mod confused isnt he?

Captain REX
That completely confused me.

Cory, no offense to you, but...I don't really remember what you did. Someone didn't agree somewhere.

BackFire
Wouldn't really bother me, honestly.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Strangelove

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

As if mods are anything but normal posters anyway.

-AC

SpartanII

tattoo is living proof.

Nivvy
I've had a friend get de-modded a few years back. He melded back into the community seamlessly. So yeah, i guess he lived with it just fine.

Tattoo
Originally posted by SpartanII
tattoo is living proof.

I ****ING HATE NOT BEING A MOD NOW! I REPORT EVERY ****ING THING!

Just kidding, Christ be with you. doped

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

As if mods are anything but normal posters anyway.

-AC

Have the power to ban your ass.

Hint, hint.

Storm
It are rather some members who place you on a different level than before, than I distancing myself from the members. If I couldn' t have lived with it, I would have left.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by JLred
yeah, they'd cry...

Yeah, some of them would probably cry.

Vathu

Mods make kids cry.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Storm
It are rather some members who place you on a different level than before, than I distancing myself from the members. If I couldn' t have lived with it, I would have left.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. "It ARE rather some members......" Just sounds so wrong.

Of course YOU can live with it.

I of course look up to NO Moderators. Which is the way it should be for all members.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

miss_swann
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Trust me. People that aren't mods hold that position in a lot higher regard than the mods themselves. I was one, and it wasn't anything special. Usually pretty underappreciated, and nobody ever really likes constructive criticism.

So, to appease the thread title..I'm an ex-mod and I don't miss it one bit. that's what I always thought about mods. It's like form captain in Junior school it seems like a huge deal and everyone wants the badge but after you've had a term of wearing it it seems rather pointless and by the time you've been throught Junior and Middle school and you get into Upper school people are dogdging away from having to do it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by InnerRise
"It ARE rather some members......" Just sounds so wrong.

I of course look up to NO Moderators. Which is the way it should be for all members.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Odd post.

Rogue Jedi
Odd post. you think?

Storm
Originally posted by InnerRise
"It ARE rather some members......" Just sounds so wrong.

When I contribute to a discussion, some members attach a certain value to my words just because I happen to be a moderator. However, when I take part in a debate, I do that as a poster, not a moderator. They do place me on a different level. Too bad if that "just sounds so wrong".

InnerRise
Odd post. Yeah....I thought it was a rather.........for lack of a better word..........."special" post. I'm use to it though.

Contemplated on whether it was worth it or not. Guess I thought it was.

When I contribute to a discussion, some members attach a certain value to my words just because I happen to be a moderator. However, when I take part in a debate, I do that as a poster, not a moderator. They do place me on a different level. Too bad if that "just sounds so wrong".

It is just TOO BAD.

Rogue Jedi

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. you don't scare me. no laughing

Storm
I am not frightening, nor do I intend to be.

Rogue Jedi

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. that was sarcasm, Storm. Just trying to get a rise outta you. embarrasment

Bardock42

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. I believe you are to some.

DigiMark007

Storm
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
that was sarcasm, Storm. Just trying to get a rise outta you. embarrasment
I don't let many things get under my skin stick out tongue

DigiMark007
...blah...bottom of the page. Bumpage:

Honestly, I might enjoy KMC more....sometimes at least. On days where I have a ton of crap to deal with, it stinks, but the good outweighs the bad. But I feel like I've done some sweet things for the comics section (the respect forum is here because of me as well as various other informative/useful threads), and the normally-chaotic vs. forum was made at least semi-coherent under my tenure there. So I've made it a better place for myself as well as others. Not a bad way to use the relative influence that mod-dom gives me.

Originally posted by MR.Grum
herbsmiledigimark

Thanks?? But yeah, I'm still a mod. I just don't have as many forums now.

Originally posted by Vathu
Mods make kids cry.

Only the tight ones.

shifty

Rogue Jedi
I don't let many things get under my skin stick out tongue

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. except for Fire, that luck bastard. stick out tongue

Saxondale
Have the power to ban your ass.

Hint, hint.

Do people get banned often here then?

I believe you are to some.

and amusing to others?

Originally posted by DigiMark007
...and the normally-chaotic vs. forum was made at least semi-coherent under my tenure there. So I've made it a better place for myself as well as others.

smile It sounds like you certainly stopped whatever these problems were in this Vs. forum! Well done!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
that was sarcasm, Storm. Just trying to get a rise outta you. embarrasment So trolling then? Seems like something you would do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.