Thor vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Longinus
This is classic Thor vs Sentry. Both powerful fighters, each with their own particular strengths and weaknesses. This is an all out war between the two, a fight to the death. Which one of these heroes will emerge alive from the rubble of their battle??? Lets do this Koolaid man Oyea Happy Dance

Soljer
Done before. Closed.

gogogadgetgo
sentry stalemated galactus...so thay say....if this is true, then sentry
otherwise, thor

tkitna
Originally posted by Soljer
Done before. Closed.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/songlong89/funny.gif

Sandai Kitetsu
Thor

guy222
Originally posted by Longinus
This is classic Thor vs Sentry. Both powerful fighters, each with their own particular strengths and weaknesses. This is an all out war between the two, a fight to the death. Which one of these heroes will emerge alive from the rubble of their battle??? Lets do this Koolaid man Oyea Happy Dance

Thor

King Kandy
Sentry murders him 10/10.

guy222
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sentry murders him 10/10.

Sentry is all hype

King Kandy
Originally posted by guy222
Sentry is all hype
Nah, Sentry takes herald levels apart with an unheard of efficiency on panel.

guy222
Nah, Sentry takes herald levels apart with an unheard of efficiency on panel.

Did he really stalemate Galactus? I saw the scene with Terrax. His fight with Carnage. He got embarassed by Ultron

I'm still giving Thor the win til I see something from Sentry

King Kandy
Did he really stalemate Galactus? I saw the scene with Terrax. His fight with Carnage. He got embarassed by Ultron

Till you see something from him?

He stalemated Genis, Beat Absorbing Man more convincingly then Thor has EVER done, Destroyed Terrax in Combat, Broke every bone in the Hulks body, beat Hulk agian with TP alone, etc.

guy222
Till you see something from him?

He stalemated Genis, Beat Absorbing Man more convincingly then Thor has EVER done, Destroyed Terrax in Combat, Broke every bone in the Hulks body, beat Hulk agian with TP alone, etc.

Forgot about Genis. Creel will always be a loser. Classic Terrax would not go down so easily

WWH vs Sentry Lets see if Robert can stop the Hulk

King Kandy
Forgot about Genis. Creel will always be a loser. Classic Terrax would not go down so easily

WWH vs Sentry Lets see if Robert can stop the Hulk
Why forget about Genis? It's a valid feat.

Creel didn't seem like a loser when he gave Thor a run for his money; MULTIPLE TIMES!

Classic Terrax DID go down so easily. He never got any weaker, in fact he's actually been written as stronger lately.

guy222
Why forget about Genis? It's a valid feat.

Creel didn't seem like a loser when he gave Thor a run for his money; MULTIPLE TIMES!

Classic Terrax DID go down so easily. He never got any weaker, in fact he's actually been written as stronger lately.

Creel faught Thor alot. He always lost. Valid Fact big grin

I saw when Terrax smashed the planet with his axe

Do u think Sentry can take a Godblast? He's not defeating Thor in his new comic if they fight

King Kandy
Creel faught Thor alot. He always lost. Valid Fact big grin

I saw when Terrax smashed the planet with his axe

Do u think Sentry can take a Godblast? He's not defeating Thor in his new comic if they fight
Creel never lost as badly as he did to Sentry. Fact.

Planet Smashing Terrax loses to Sentry without a fight. Fact.

norrinradd43
if sentry takes hulk in a well written battle then I will be sold on him. Then i would say he takes Thor, but until then I say Thor wins. However, who is to say Thor wouldnt also take it to WWH...he just might be able to.

tkitna
He got embarassed by Ultron

Guy, i'm shocked you brought this up. In all fairness, Sentry was holding back you know. Not taking anything away from Ultron either. She's pretty tuff it seems.

lando005
as far as the stalemating galactus goes big g could have been starving during that fight

guy222
Originally posted by tkitna
Guy, i'm shocked you brought this up. In all fairness, Sentry was holding back you know. Not taking anything away from Ultron either. She's pretty tuff it seems.

big grin

Ultron is

Classic Ultron was a beast

Erik-Lensherr
Sentry > Classic Thor

Tony Stark

No doubt that SENTRY was holding back against SHE-TRON... But SHE will feel his true fury after seeing that SHE killed his wife. Guy you must have never seen any of the fights where THOR fought against ULTRON a dozen times before where he rarely ended up on the plus side of the battle. And BTW each new creation of ULTRON (SHE included) is a better and stronger version than the last.

FTW I am a THOR and a SENTRY pimp... Without seeing any true battles between them yet, I'll have to go with what Reed has said on a regular basis. That The SENTRY is the most powerful hero the world has ever seen.

SENTRY=Hero THOR=Hero

I.E. SENTRY>THOR

guy222
Originally posted by Tony Stark
No doubt that SENTRY was holding back against SHE-TRON... But SHE will feel his true fury after seeing that SHE killed his wife. Guy you must have never seen any of the fights where THOR fought against ULTRON a dozen times before where he rarely ended up on the plus side of the battle. And BTW each new creation of ULTRON (SHE included) is a better and stronger version than the last.

FTW I am a THOR and a SENTRY pimp... Without seeing any true battles between them yet, I'll have to go with what Reed has said on a regular basis. That The SENTRY is the most powerful hero the world has ever seen.

SENTRY=Hero THOR=Hero

I.E. SENTRY>THOR

As I said earlier, Classic Ultron was a beast

If WWH gets past Sentry, Thor can defeat him as well

King Kandy
If WWHulk beats Sentry, then Thor sure as hell can't beat him... Unless it's Rune King Thor that is.

hulkcpbifiussjf
Sentry tromps thor unless its King thor or RKT then sentry would have to try a lil but If Big g was starved then that's gay cause the sentry has never untilized his power of a million suns which would make him way stronger than big g

Soljer
I'm with Validus on this one....

h1a8
Yes Sentry is powerful as hell but his main weakness is physical durability.
He had his nose busted by Iron Man. He was hurt by Hulk with a playful hug,etc. This implies that Thor would smash his face into a red pancake.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
I'm with Validus on this one.... So where does he stand?

Sandai Kitetsu
Sentry is all hype

Word.

King Kandy
I think Sentry could probably beat King Thor, though Rune King Thor might be to much for him.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So where does he stand?

Check the Sentry vs. Sadam Yot thread.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Sentry > Classic Thor

No

Bol Gath
Good fight, very even...
But Sentry doesn't stand a chance in hell against King Thor let alone Rune King Thor!

Normal versions I say an even split 5/10 (I give the edge to Thor if it's classic. maybe 6/10)

Sirius77
I think that Sentry could beat King Thor.
Genis did it, and Sentry STALEMATED Genis.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sirius77
I think that Sentry could beat King Thor.
Genis did it, and Sentry STALEMATED Genis.

.............What the f**k? Genis was toying with Sentry. He'd take out both Thor and Sentry easily.

Tony Stark
.............What the f**k? Genis was toying with Sentry. He'd take out both Thor and Sentry easily.

confused

eek!

laughing

stick out tongue

no

King Kandy
That makes me laugh.

He fought Sentry and tied... OBVIOUSLY that means he's >>>>>>Sentry! It's only logical!

Yeah right.

gogogadgetgo
it all depends, thor has his place as superman's equal in the marvel universe. if marvel wants to put sentry up there with these two, theyd probably have thor and sentry fight to a standstill with no clear winner.
so dc would have supes, cap marvel then mervel will have sentry and thor

and as already stated, sentry did stalemate galactus, but then thor was also able to drive galactus away.

TricksterPriest
That makes me laugh.

He fought Sentry and tied... OBVIOUSLY that means he's >>>>>>Sentry! It's only logical!

Yeah right.

Nooo.....it means Genis was badly written and jobbing hard. wink Genis killed Eternity and destroyed and restored the 616 multiverse. Get bent. stick out tongue

redhotrash
I wouldnt say Sentry's weakness is his durablity. I'd say its more his mind. Every time I see the guy its like watching a lamb in a lion's body. Personality wise he'd more of a fight for Donald Blake than Thor.

Sandai Kitetsu
Nooo.....it means Genis was badly written and jobbing hard. wink Genis killed Eternity and destroyed and restored the 616 multiverse. Get bent. stick out tongue

Wasn't that insane genis?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Wasn't that insane genis?

so what? Photon (the version Sentry fought) was more powerful. srug

Lord S
Those fellating Sentry should read this (from another thread):

Plenty of truth there...can't deny it.

With that being said...I too believe Sentry to be all hype.

TricksterPriest
I hate to agree with Demigawd, but the dude has a point. Frankly, Sentry hasn't shown he can handle a hammer throw to the head. evil face

janus77
why was Sentry kissing The Void? messed

Sentry seems a tad soft, not got the appetite that Thor has for fighting. then again, Thor's not got Sentry's speed...

Sirius77

Are you seriously going to try to say
that he did that unaided? I know that
Genis is powerful, perhaps one of the
most powerful characters (non-cosmic)
in Marvel, but he had the help of
Entropy, a cosmic. The son of Eternity,
and apparently, his equal. And in the
comic, when Sentry was fighting Genis,
it referred to the battle as "The
Immovable Object vs The Irresistible
Force". And just in case you don't know,
that translates to a stalemate.
So, because Sentry stalemated a Skyfather
more powerful than King Thor,

Sentry FTW.

batdude123
Sirius, what is the deal
with you making your
posts like this?

Sirius77
lol, what do you mean?

batdude123
Why do you make the lines of
your paragraphs short by
hitting "enter" before they reach
the end of the reply box?

Sirius77
Oh, lol, because it's easier to read.
Isn't it?

batdude123
shrug

I suppose.

Sirius77
Does it look wierd?

batdude123
A little.

Sirius77
Oh, okay...

Airwalker
Originally posted by Sirius77
Are you seriously going to try to say
that he did that unaided? I know that
Genis is powerful, perhaps one of the
most powerful characters (non-cosmic)
in Marvel, but he had the help of
Entropy, a cosmic. The son of Eternity,
and apparently, his equal. And in the
comic, when Sentry was fighting Genis,
it referred to the battle as "The
Immovable Object vs The Irresistible
Force". And just in case you don't know,
that translates to a stalemate.
So, because Sentry stalemated a Skyfather
more powerful than King Thor,

Sentry FTW.

No sad

TheSentry
It's also harder to read.

But I am not sure on this fight. Sentry owns all the time, shows to be Thors equal or more. But thats holding back.

carver9
Im glad that this battle is up. I just picked up a marvel encyclopedia and it had thor power off the charts, everything was the highest that it can get and it stated that he had unlimited strength. So in unbelief I went to marvel.com to verify this and this is what I saw.
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor
and the encyclopedia had thor power the same way, off the chart. It also stated in there that he goes beyond light speed. Power wise, going both stats, I cant see sentry winning this battle. Thor is just to powerful.

TheSentry
Take note people. Sentry is more powerful than Thor. Here's why:

He overpowers Absorbing Man.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/3.jpg

Creed also says he never felt anything this powerful before. This means Hulk and Thor. When will people learn.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/4.jpg

Sentry owns.

Oh and he faces Genis. Note he says its time to start using full power but Genis thinks its time to step in and sorts the mess out.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/3.jpg

Sirius77
Thank You.

Sarutobi700
Sentry wins. He overloaded a person who was able to absorb the whole power of Asgard. Sentry(the better SUPERMAN) will win but itll be a very close fight

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Sentry wins. He overloaded a person who was able to absorb the whole power of Asgard. Sentry(the better SUPERMAN) will win but itll be a very close fight

Thor is too damn powerful and have some feats that rival Pre-Crisis characters. Thor has fought sky-fathers, elder gods, Celestails etc let's be real here Thor holds back tremendously, Sentry never stalemate Galactus or defeated caliber opponents that Thor has fought over the years, as where Thor defeated Galactus and Ego and his hammer alone is ,more powerful than Sentry himself. Thor killed Mangog with his god-force blast, Mangog defeated Odin before, lets don't compare villains Thor's rogue gallery, Sentry wouldn't even get pass either Mangog or Destroyer.

RUNMAN
It's really a toss-up IMO

carver9
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor is too damn powerful and have some feats that rival Pre-Crisis characters. Thor has fought sky-fathers, elder gods, Celestails etc let's be real here Thor holds back tremendously, Sentry never stalemate Galactus or defeated caliber opponents that Thor has fought over the years, as where Thor defeated Galactus and Ego and his hammer alone is ,more powerful than Sentry himself. Thor killed Mangog with his god-force blast, Mangog defeated Odin before, lets don't compare villains Thor's rogue gallery, Sentry wouldn't even get pass either Mangog or Destroyer.

I dont think that it is a curb stomp but I do agree that thor could take sentry. The thing is, is that sentry hasnt shown any weakness yet. I dont know how thor hammer would go up against him. For all actuallity he could do thor like he did terrax, we never know. The way sentry is going he has shown himself as being one of the most powerful hero's out there today. I cant hardly think of many heros that could stalemate genis and then hold back while doing it. I cant think of many heros that could treat terrax the way he did. The narrator said that sentry stalemated galactus, so it happened, deal with it. Sentry has owned the collector along with many other powerhouses, and some he did quite easily.

A sentry not holding back, we dont know the scopes of his powers but we have seen what a sentry has done without holding back and that was own almost anybody that stepped up against him. If there was to be anyone out there to challenge him, either from marvel or dc, thor would be the best choice but like I said, I dont know the outcome just yet. Both are rediculously powerful.

Dreamcatcher
Thor 8-9/10

TheSentry
He also overpowers Absorbing Man.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/3.jpg

Creed also says he never felt anything this powerful before. This means Hulk and Thor. When will people learn.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/4.jpg

Thor is so overated here. He's very good but Sentry is a powerhouse.

AM even says hes never felt ANYTHING as powerful as him, that means Thor as well.

Dreamcatcher
Thor wins

Photon009
Sentry easily overloaded Creel, something Thor nor the Hulk nor the Thing nor anyone around Thor's level has ever done before. Aka Sentry is a level above Thor, Hulk, etc. Sentry wins.

the Darkone
Thor wins, too versatile.

Big Sexy
Didn't Colossus lift the shield carrier by himself while Sentry needed both wonderman and ms Marvel. Some powerhouse.

starlock
Thor for the win

Priest
Thor

TheSentry
Scans of Petr please.

Remember it was falling out of the sky as well.

Superherovandal
So...but he still needed help and Thor has held the midgard serpent on his lonesome. He wins. Sentry has what?? Like 2 or 3 good feats?? Thor's got more and they're a lot more impressive.

Photon009
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Didn't Colossus lift the shield carrier by himself while Sentry needed both wonderman and ms Marvel. Some powerhouse.

That not really a low showing when you look at it.

1) Sentry was obviously worn out from his fight with Ultron.
2) Sentry flew at it from the side to catch it, thus he had no leverage, the Helicarrier's weight was working against him.
3) Ultron was in control of the Helicarrier, aka most likely propelling the Helicarrier downward.
4) Sentry obviously could not have used his full strength to stop the Helicarrier or it would crumple.

And all of Sentry's other feats are things that Thor could not have done, and therefore give him the win in this fight. Such as nearly stalemating Photon Genis (Genis was peers with Thor in his Captain Marvel levels, yet Sentry competes with the new and improved Photon Genis), stalemating the Collective (who took down Binary, another Thor-level character, in 2 pages), stalemating the new Ultron (who easily took down Ares and Wonder Man, guys who have given Thor trouble in the past), taking down the Void (who got the better of the combined forces of the Astonishing X-Men, Fantastic Four, New Avengers, Inhumans, SHIELD, Namor, and Dr.Strange), overloading the Absorbing Man (something Thor has tried but failed at), destroying MULTIPLE planets in his fight with Genis (something Thor has never done), etc.

the Darkone
Thor fought Zeus for months without getting tired, Thor defeated a hungry Galactus where Odin was scared sh**less, Thor also defeated Ego who rivals Galactus in power. Thor strength feats are ridiculous lets be real, Thor punched Korg brother out of earth's solar system, lifted the Odinsword, lifted the midgard serpent, pulled the Midgard serpent off of earth and the serpent weighs more than earth itself. Thor battled Mangog who alone defeated Odin, the same Mangog that regular Thor defeated. I like Sentry he has potential, what ever he has done Thor has done more and better, Thor has survive two planetary explosions without being phased.

Thor for the Majority all day.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Photon009
That not really a low showing when you look at it.

1) Sentry was obviously worn out from his fight with Ultron.
2) Sentry flew at it from the side to catch it, thus he had no leverage, the Helicarrier's weight was working against him.
3) Ultron was in control of the Helicarrier, aka most likely propelling the Helicarrier downward.
4) Sentry obviously could not have used his full strength to stop the Helicarrier or it would crumple.

And all of Sentry's other feats are things that Thor could not have done, and therefore give him the win in this fight. Such as nearly stalemating Photon Genis (Genis was peers with Thor in his Captain Marvel levels, yet Sentry competes with the new and improved Photon Genis), stalemating the Collective (who took down Binary, another Thor-level character, in 2 pages), stalemating the new Ultron (who easily took down Ares and Wonder Man, guys who have given Thor trouble in the past), taking down the Void (who got the better of the combined forces of the Astonishing X-Men, Fantastic Four, New Avengers, Inhumans, SHIELD, Namor, and Dr.Strange), overloading the Absorbing Man (something Thor has tried but failed at), destroying MULTIPLE planets in his fight with Genis (something Thor has never done), etc.

Ares has always been owned by Thor, even when Ares strength was increase above Thor and Ares still got his a$$ kicked. Wonder Man caught Thor off guard, everytime they have fought since then Thor kicks his head in. If Thor did what Sentry did AM would still be collecting himself to this day, Thor powers divine by nature Odin and Gaea as your parents your powers alone would be off the charts. Thor has destroyed a planet before.

batdude123
I don't really find this fight to be conclusive yet until they fight in a comic.

carver9
Good fight, both are powerful, cant find a winner yet. Anything sentry has done i also think that thor could do.

the Darkone
There are things That Thor has done things that , Sentry dreams of. Thor is more powerful and more versatile, Thor can easliy take 5/10 silver surfer can sentry, hell no unless he want's his powers absorb.

carver9
There are things That Thor has done things that , Sentry dreams of.

I hate when people say things like that. How is sentry going to pull of any feats when he has just been released like some months ago and thor has been out for "how many years".

Sentry havent had time to do anything that thor, superman, wonderwoman, or even wonderman has done BUT he has proven that he is on the highest level of top tier by taking out godly top tiers with ease.

Years of thor, superman feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sentry

Sentry owning top tiers with ease>>>>superman or thor. If gog was too come to marvel and fought sentry the same way he fought superman, gog might would have gotten owned in like 3 panels with ease also. Everyone sentry has fought he has held back, EVERYONE, so we really dont know what a all out sentry would do YET but we do know that a holding back sentry has owned cosmics and some of the most powerful villians and heros in marvel without much trouble.

The thing that has my mind going back and forth in this fight is thor versatility and raw power. Thor arguably is one of the most powerful hero in both marvel and dc. We cant name all of thor powers on one page because the guy has done almost anything, by soul taking, going through the astro plane, and carrying around a planet destroying hammer. Sentry has proven to be unbeatable, so you have a power god, that could arguably be the most powerful hero out there today against an unstoppable force of nature.

To me they are quite even and its very hard to decide.

the Darkone
Originally posted by carver9
I hate when people say things like that. How is sentry going to pull of any feats when he has just been released like some months ago and thor has been out for "how many years".

Sentry havent had time to do anything that thor, superman, wonderwoman, or even wonderman has done BUT he has proven that he is on the highest level of top tier by taking out godly top tiers with ease.

Years of thor, superman feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sentry

Sentry owning top tiers with ease>>>>superman or thor. If gog was too come to marvel and fought sentry the same way he fought superman, gog might would have gotten owned in like 3 panels with ease also. Everyone sentry has fought he has held back, EVERYONE, so we really dont know what a all out sentry would do YET but we do know that a holding back sentry has owned cosmics and some of the most powerful villians and heros in marvel without much trouble.

The thing that has my mind going back and forth in this fight is thor versatility and raw power. Thor arguably is one of the most powerful hero in both marvel and dc. We cant name all of thor powers on one page because the guy has done almost anything, by soul taking, going through the astro plane, and carrying around a planet destroying hammer. Sentry has proven to be unbeatable, so you have a power god, that could arguably be the most powerful hero out there today against an unstoppable force of nature.

To me they are quite even and its very hard to decide.

Sentry has yet to really prove himself and everybosy already wants to put him over Thor, Silver Surfer who have been putting in work over 40+ years.

carver9
Sentry has yet to really prove himself and everybosy already wants to put him over Thor, Silver Surfer who have been putting in work over 40+ years.

Lets put it like this. It took almost the entire team of avenger to take down terrax but sentry did it in 3 panels, with ease. It took silver surfer and entire comic to beat terrax but sentry did it in two panels. It took thor 2 comics to take down hulk but sentry did it in 3 panels with ease. Sentry is taking out Silver surfer and thor like beings in like 2 or 3 panels and is stalemating skyfather level beings while holding back. That should tell you something.

Like I said good fight because of thors raw power (his hammer). If it wasnt for that this fight would be a curb stomp, a 3 panel curb stomp.

Photon009
Ares has always been owned by Thor, even when Ares strength was increase above Thor and Ares still got his a$$ kicked. Wonder Man caught Thor off guard, everytime they have fought since then Thor kicks his head in. If Thor did what Sentry did AM would still be collecting himself to this day, Thor powers divine by nature Odin and Gaea as your parents your powers alone would be off the charts. Thor has destroyed a planet before.

Ummmm no. Yes, Thor always beats Ares, but he never has been "owned". And Wonder Man has a win over Thor, as well as good fight against Thor, where Wondy was kicking Thor around until Thor hit Simon with an insanely-charged shot from Mjolnir.

Thor has tried to overload Creel on multiple occasions. So has the Hulk. So have alot of people. Sentry's the only one in recent memory to be able to actually do it. And yes, Thor has destroyed a planet. But Sentry and Genis EACH destroyed MULTIPLE planets in their fight. That's something Thor has never done.

Terrax is another thing. Thor needed help from 3 other Avengers to down Terrax. Terrax has also stood up to the combined forces of the Fantastic Four and New Warriors at the same time armed with anti-herald guns. He's also given Morg and the Surfer major problems in the past. SENTRY OWNED TERRAX WITH ONE ARM, IN ABOUT ONE PAGE!

The Collective, too. Binary, someone who gave Gladiator, and other Thor-level characters great fights, and sometimes even won against them, was owned against the Collective in one page. The Sentry then swooped in, dragged the Collective to space, and stalemated it until being BFRed. So SENTRY > BINARY (=THOR).

The Void and Hulk and Earth's Heroes too. How many times has Thor gotten his ass kicked by the Hulk again? Oh yea, ALOT. The Void crushed every bone in the Hulk's body in one page. Oh, and do you think Thor could get the better of the combined forces of the Astonishing X-Men, Fantastic Four, New Avengers, SHIELD, Inhumans, Dr. Strange, and Namor all at the same time? No way in hell. But the Void did. Oh, and btw, THE VOID IS JUST THE SLIGHTLY WEAKER, EVIL ALTER EGO/VERSION OF THE SENTRY, THAT THE SENTRY HIMSELF DEFEATED AND THREW INTO THE SUN.

Genis again too. Photon Genis was just Insane Genis with a conscience, control of his powers, and a whole shitload more powers added onto his old ones. He held back his powers so he didnt seem quite as powerful, but he was actually even more powerful than when he was Insane. Now, Thor needed the Odinforce just to be able to keep up with Insane Genis, and Genis still was shown to be a little bit superior. So Photon Genis then is clearly more powerful than even Thor with the Odinforce, aka King Thor. And Sentry went toe-to-toe with Photon for quite a while (before eventually losing, but that's nothing to be ashamed of). So basically put A, B, and C together and it looks like this:

PHOTON GENIS > INSANE GENIS >/= KING THOR >/= SENTRY >> REGULAR THOR

the Darkone
You want to use ABC logic, since Iron Man defeated Sentry, and Iron Man is going to get rape by Thor#3 which I have your ABC Logic right: Thor>>> Iron Man>>> Sentry. Thor#3 this week

Tony Stark
You want to use ABC logic, since Iron Man defeated Sentry, and Iron Man is going to get rape by Thor#3 which I have your ABC Logic right: Thor>>> Iron Man>>> Sentry. Thor#3 this week

So you say... shifty

IM is nobodys b i t c h.

carver9

laughing

Laugh at that statement. 1st i want you to think about this. Do you think that sentry would even use half of his strength on iron man? You do know that sentry and iron man are like good friends. Answer this for me, Imagine if you were superior by 100 folds in power than your best friend. Imagine your best friend coming up to you trying to fight you but you know for a fact that you could easily destroy him. Would you go all out on your friend or would you play around with him. Sentry could have killed iron man on that 1st page if he wanted to but that wasnt his goal. Iron man beat sentry with a plot device. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Originally posted by Photon009
Ummmm no. Yes, Thor always beats Ares, but he never has been "owned". And Wonder Man has a win over Thor, as well as good fight against Thor, where Wondy was kicking Thor around until Thor hit Simon with an insanely-charged shot from Mjolnir.

Thor has tried to overload Creel on multiple occasions. So has the Hulk. So have alot of people. Sentry's the only one in recent memory to be able to actually do it. And yes, Thor has destroyed a planet. But Sentry and Genis EACH destroyed MULTIPLE planets in their fight. That's something Thor has never done.

Terrax is another thing. Thor needed help from 3 other Avengers to down Terrax. Terrax has also stood up to the combined forces of the Fantastic Four and New Warriors at the same time armed with anti-herald guns. He's also given Morg and the Surfer major problems in the past. SENTRY OWNED TERRAX WITH ONE ARM, IN ABOUT ONE PAGE!

The Collective, too. Binary, someone who gave Gladiator, and other Thor-level characters great fights, and sometimes even won against them, was owned against the Collective in one page. The Sentry then swooped in, dragged the Collective to space, and stalemated it until being BFRed. So SENTRY > BINARY (=THOR).

The Void and Hulk and Earth's Heroes too. How many times has Thor gotten his ass kicked by the Hulk again? Oh yea, ALOT. The Void crushed every bone in the Hulk's body in one page. Oh, and do you think Thor could get the better of the combined forces of the Astonishing X-Men, Fantastic Four, New Avengers, SHIELD, Inhumans, Dr. Strange, and Namor all at the same time? No way in hell. But the Void did. Oh, and btw, THE VOID IS JUST THE SLIGHTLY WEAKER, EVIL ALTER EGO/VERSION OF THE SENTRY, THAT THE SENTRY HIMSELF DEFEATED AND THREW INTO THE SUN.

Genis again too. Photon Genis was just Insane Genis with a conscience, control of his powers, and a whole shitload more powers added onto his old ones. He held back his powers so he didnt seem quite as powerful, but he was actually even more powerful than when he was Insane. Now, Thor needed the Odinforce just to be able to keep up with Insane Genis, and Genis still was shown to be a little bit superior. So Photon Genis then is clearly more powerful than even Thor with the Odinforce, aka King Thor. And Sentry went toe-to-toe with Photon for quite a while (before eventually losing, but that's nothing to be ashamed of). So basically put A, B, and C together and it looks like this:

PHOTON GENIS > INSANE GENIS >/= KING THOR >/= SENTRY >> REGULAR THOR

By the way good post and the people that sentry has stalemated are >>> thor and superman BUT with thor, he has the major plot device and thats his hammer and thats why Im unable to judge. Thor has the power to take almost anyone out, just ask a celestial.

rico777
thor destroy sentry

Dreamcatcher
I'm trying to figure out why this is even a discussion. Posters keep claiming that Sentry's stalemated Skyfather beings, beat Terrax, etc, etc. He's done little more than nothing. He briefly stalemated Photon whom at the time was holding back, and when the situation required it, easily rid himself of Sentry. He defeated a sub par herald in Terrax, the same Terrax thats been owned throughout the duration of his history. In fact, I believe he was ko'd by a single hammer throw from Thor. Lastly, he overloaded a jobbing Creel; an impressive feat, but when considering the inconsistencies in comics, is no big deal.

While Thor on the other hand has 40+ years of astonishing feats. From defeating and nearly killing Galactus, stalemating Zeus, and crushing Exitar's dome, to warping the universe, and absorbing blast powerful enough to lv a 5th of the universe. Their feats aren't even in the same realm of impressiveness. There is no comparison.

Thor wins, and easily.

Terryc250
^ then why do people say magneto > thor?

Dreamcatcher
Originally posted by Terryc250
^ then why do people say magneto > thor?

I've honestly not seen many posters make that claim. Those who do are obviously ignorant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.