What do you think of Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
I think that Laura is hot & will do great as the REAL Supergirl. And I'm hoping she'll teach Clark how to fly like many have stated.

Kal of Krypton
I dont have a good feeling about her.

Mirai Gohan
Why not?

Kal of Krypton
I dont know. Supergirl will be a hard act to pull off. It has only been done in the Supergirl movies and Smallville is a bit different. It will be intresting to see how she does.

((The_Anomaly))
I think shes hot. But the very fact that she is even present during this point of Clark's life really pisses me off.

Mirai Gohan
It doesn't piss me off, I actually like the idea.

((The_Anomaly))
I dont, its stupid. She shouldn't the the one to teach Clark anything, it should be the other way around. Plus in the comics Clark dosent meet Kara until WELL after he is Superman, like 10 years after.

Mirai Gohan
Dude, the comic book mythology is changing all the time so nothing is truly canon. Anything can be changed. I like this change.

Captain REX
Comic book mythology should not be changed by a television show...

Mirai Gohan
It doesn't matter if it's changed by a television show to me. In my opinion, if EVERYTHING is done the same in all of the media for a comic book character, that character's mythology becomes boring. Changes are a must, especially for TV shows & movies.

Arachnid1
http://www.superherostuff.com/OtherItems/Images/supergirl_serayala_wallpaper_2.jpg

She'd look something like this. Not bad at all.

Mirai Gohan
Anybody got some pictures of Laura they'd like to share?

hermione7
she's hot..
posted the pics in s7 promo pics thread

Mirai Gohan
Okay.

So, do you all think we'll see Laura & Tom in the tights anytime soon?

Kon-El
I really dont know is she gonna be good, i never seen her act before. As far as her Supergirl looks, i can buy that!

Mirai Gohan
Yes....she's very sexy.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Comic book mythology should not be changed by a television show...

Since when does that stop people from turning comic book characters into tv shows? Smallvile is a decent show. With the addition of hot sexy babe Laura Vandervort Smallville should be great this season.

hermione7
I'm smelling a spin-off if this LV is likeable

Mirai Gohan
I doubt it. If anything, the Flash should have a spin-off show or the Green Arrow for that matter. I wouldn't even mind if Aquaman got a spin-off if they could make him less of a pu$$y.

Kal of Krypton
I think they should of found somebody a little younger. Someone more teen looking. I think thats my only problem with her though. It will be interesting to see how she does. I'm starting with no expectations. Hopefully she will exceed them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
I doubt it. If anything, the Flash should have a spin-off show or the Green Arrow for that matter. I wouldn't even mind if Aquaman got a spin-off if they could make him less of a pu$$y.

Its been long rumored that LV will be spun off.

Arachnid1

seriously. Though, I should say that Aquaman already got a spin off though it wasn't picked up. The dude who played green arrow played him. If anything though, I want an aquaman or flash spin off. If its super girl that gets a spin off, I will lose it.

Mirai Gohan
I know about the dropped Aquaman series & I'm actually glad it wasn't picked up, the guy who plays Green Arrow looks nothing like Aquaman, they should've kept Alan Ritchson who portrayed Aquaman on Smallville. If they can make him a badass hero with a totally new costume, I'll definitely begin to respect Aquaman more.

((The_Anomaly))
Well I still hate that Kara will be present at this point in Clark's life and that she'll be able to do things he cant. Oh well, at least shes got a nice set of knockers... erm

Mirai Gohan
Stop complaining, this is a great change.

rogy3131
I dont think she is very hot at all......Kinda weird looking, but hot body

Badabing
I think that Laura is hot & will do great as the REAL Supergirl. And I'm hoping she'll teach Clark how to fly like many have stated. She's hot.........Isn't that all that really matters? stick out tongue

wuTa
I am personally hoping that we get a Powergirl appearance out of Supergirl. I mean c'mon, what comic book/smallville geek (w/o a vagina) isn't hoping for one?

Mirai Gohan
I would love to see Power Girl because she has huge breasts but I doubt it will happen, unfortunately.

Amazon
She wasn't really in the first episode very much to really say. I just hope she doesn't suck ass.

Mirai Gohan
It looks like she's going to be portraying a very vicious Kara, she looks like she's going to do fine.

Kal of Krypton
In the little tid bit during the credits she called Clark "Clark" which makes me mad. Because in the comics she had a hard time remembering to call him Clark and always calls him Kal, in public and when they're talking alone.

Mirai Gohan
It's minor stupid complaints like this that make me mad.

Entity
It's minor stupid complaints like this that make me mad. I completely agree with Kal on this, I know this is set in a different universe of whatever from the main DCU but damn can't they stick with things like that, that just make since.

I mean Kara would've always known him as Kal untill now. At the very least it should take her some getting use to, to start going with Clark.

Kal of Krypton
^Thanks.

It's minor stupid complaints like this that make me mad. Dude, it's a forum. We're supposed to talk about things like this. AND DISCUSS THEM.

Now I'm no doctor but for you I recommend getting off your computer and finding the nearest corner to sit in until you realize the point of a forum.

Badabing
I would love to see Power Girl because she has huge breasts but I doubt it will happen, unfortunately. You have impeccable taste. Good call.

Mirai Gohan
Yes, yes, I like huge breasts & Power Girl fits that description.

wuTa
http://www.the-imagineer.com/images/Photo-Manip/Power%20Girl/PowerGirl-Med.jpg

And it appears Power Girl stole Kara undies, and its turning her on, yet you will hear no complaints from me shutup

sapphiremouse
I doubt it. If anything, the Flash should have a spin-off show or the Green Arrow for that matter. I wouldn't even mind if Aquaman got a spin-off if they could make him less of a pu$$y. flash has been already done and it flopped.

Mirai Gohan
What? On Smallville? I don't think it flopped, the character was very interesting.

Amazon
hmm... so I just watched the episode Kara.... She was ok.. I guess. I don't reallly like her though. I don't know. She kind of urkes me. We'll see.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
After watching tonights episode I must say that I liked what I saw. She has a good presence on screen. Also I can see why rumors are flying around that they may spin off Supergirl.

Kal of Krypton
I did'nt like Supergirl to much. And the fact that she's older than Clark bothers me. I don't think it was that way in the comics. But hey, this is Smallville we're talking about.

Lana- Same crap, different day.

Lex is getting soft again, it feels like we're back in season 2.

Lois at the Planet? -YES!

Mairuzu
Actually clark and her are the same age now... lol... cause she was stuck in her space ship time thingy for 18 years..

Mairuzu
I personally thought she did good... im not mad about it cause its interesting, and clark still teached her how to use her hearing so that went well

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Kal of Krypton
I did'nt like Supergirl to much. And the fact that she's older than Clark bothers me. I don't think it was that way in the comics. But hey, this is Smallville we're talking about.

Lana- Same crap, different day.

Lex is getting soft again, it feels like we're back in season 2.

Lois at the Planet? -YES!

Its about time Lois working at the Daily Planet.

Kal of Krypton
lol, where the hell did she come from? Season 4 she came to find her cousin and after that stayed in Smallville, lol.

Mairuzu
lol, where the hell did she come from? Season 4 she came to find her cousin and after that stayed in Smallville, lol.

Lol, you are talking about Lois right?

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Actually clark and her are the same age now... lol... cause she was stuck in her space ship time thingy for 18 years..

Actually, she's still older than him, I doubt she's 18, even though she was in suspended animation. Twenty is more like it.

Mairuzu
Isn't clark 20? i mean hes been out of highschool for about 2 years now?

Mirai Gohan
He's about 19 or 20 but either way it goes, Kara is older.

Big Sexy
I think shes pretty good. She probably won't master being undercover and shes stubborn so Clark wil most likely have to clean up her messes.
Lois at the planet is good but this probably means Chloe is on her way out.
Lex seems to take 8 steps toward evil and then 6 steps back.

Mirai Gohan
Chloe is definitely NOT on her way out.

((The_Anomaly))
I hope not, Chole is one of the best characters on the show.

Mirai Gohan
She's not going to die or get fired, that I can guarantee you.

Kal of Krypton
well with the way it's going right now, she might get fired, or quit.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
well with the way it's going right now, she might get fired, or quit.

Why would you say said. Allison Mack should be on the show the rest of the season.

Amazon
I think Kal meant that Chloe might quit the Daily Planet or get fired from the Daily Planet.
But in all honesty I think the new editor is a little loud and obnoctious. If he's actually going to be a part of the show he's going to have to tone it down a notch. If not he'll end up being nothing more than an annoyance or at the very least, comic relief.
Everyone likes Chloe too much. But maybe Chloe will join the justice league. That would be awesome!

Mirai Gohan
No, that would suck.

Mairuzu
I take it I am the only one that doesn't like Chloe?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Amazon
I think Kal meant that Chloe might quit the Daily Planet or get fired from the Daily Planet.
But in all honesty I think the new editor is a little loud and obnoctious. If he's actually going to be a part of the show he's going to have to tone it down a notch. If not he'll end up being nothing more than an annoyance or at the very least, comic relief.
Everyone likes Chloe too much. But maybe Chloe will join the justice league. That would be awesome!

OK I understand. It would sense if Chloe was fired from the Planet.

Mirai Gohan
It'd really be stupid to fire her from the Daily Planet just because Lois is on board now.

Kal of Krypton
I take it I am the only one that doesn't like Chloe? Yup

Kal of Krypton
It'd really be stupid to fire her from the Daily Planet just because Lois is on board now. yup

Mairuzu
It is possible that Lois will be better at the job then chloe, which could lead to her being fired evil face

Mirai Gohan
Dude, this thread is not for Chloe hate, okay? If you want to hate on Chloe, go somewhere else.

Arachnid1
I take it I am the only one that doesn't like Chloe?
Woah. Never thought I'de hear those words....

Mirai Gohan
Moving on, Laura is doing a great job as Kara, I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen with her during the season.

Kal of Krypton
Dude, this thread is not for Chloe hate, okay? If you want to hate on Chloe, go somewhere else. Well if we already accomplished saying what we think of Laura playing Supergirl, it's okay to carry on our conversations of our run off subjects that originally started as us talking about Supergirl.

I mean really, how many times must we say you like her, I dont, Amazon thinks she's bleah, ect?

Whats so wrong with mentioning other actors names in this thread?

Kal-El_08
Either stop it or I'll report you. Please stay out of this thread. You're only ruining it. If you post something else off-topic in this thread, I will report you.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Kal-El_08
Dude, this thread is not for Chloe hate, okay? If you want to hate on Chloe, go somewhere else.

Seriously... calm down lol

Mairuzu
Seriously... calm down lol

Kal-El_08
Stop quoting yourself & as I said, go somewhere else to bash Chloe, don't do it here.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Off topic Chloe may get fired if Lois starts doing a better job, but since they have messed up The Superman myth so much, both Chloe and Lois will prolly work on a lot cases together except Clark. Now back on topic..Laura has a good job. I'm very positive she will continue and look good. She may eventually get her own show.

Kal-El_08
Moving on, what do you all think Jor-El suspects Kara of being up to?

Mairuzu
Moving on, what do you all think Jor-El suspects Kara of being up to? Sounds offtopic to me

Mairuzu
Anyways, i think she portrays supergirl quite well, cant wait to see how she does in other episodes, hopefully the writers dont douche it up

Kal-El_08
How the f*ck is it off-topic if it's related to Supergirl/Kara? Shut up & stop posting garbage you ass.

Kal of Krypton
Moving on, what do you all think Jor-El suspects Kara of being up to? In the Superman/Batman comics, when kara came to earth they (Supes and bats) read a message on her ship. Clark took it as she came to help the world. Bruce took it that she came to ruin it. I think that this will all turn out to be a misunderstanding in the end.

But I'm sick and tired of Jor-El, why does'nt he take his little advise and blow it out his ---.

Oh yeah. I'll post here if I please, stop telling people to stop posting about stuff off topic if our original topics started as Kara. jeeze louise.

Kal-El_08
I bet you won't post if a Mod says so & I will alert one if you go off-topic again.

As for Jor-El, he's probably just jealous of his brother or Zor-El wants Kara to take over mankind but I don't think she'd do that.

Kal of Krypton
Erica Durance
Micheal Rosenbaum
Tom Welling
John Glover
Allison Mack

Supergirl

--------------------------------

Off topic?

-----------

As for what you just said about Jor-el and Zor-el

it sounds like thats what most likely will take place.

Kal-El_08
Erica Durance
Micheal Rosenbaum
Tom Welling
John Glover
Allison Mack

Supergirl

--------------------------------

Off topic?

-----------

As for what you just said about Jor-el and Zor-el

it sounds like thats what most likely will take place.

Thanks, you just gave me a reason to report you. A Mod will be in here any minute now.

I'm almost always right, especially about comic book stuff.

Mairuzu
How the f*ck is it off-topic if it's related to Supergirl/Kara? Shut up & stop posting garbage you ass.

first off... you need to calm down...

second... the thread says "What do you think of Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl?"

Not, WHAT DOES JOR-EL THINK!?!?

so please, stop being a hypocrite... thanks smile

Kal-El_08
Anything Supergirl related is acceptable in this thread so shut the hell up.

RoguePw25
Kal-El_08, I understand what you're trying to do, but in your attempt you're member bashing yourself.

Don't say stuff like this, especially when you're trying to get on somehone. Also, don't tell folks to "stay out" of this thread. This thread is for everyone, those who like or dislike a character. You do need to calm down, very much so.

Now, this thread is about Laura as Supergirl and I don't mind that you all talk about Chloe and such, but you still need to get back to topic. That's all about that. smile

Kal-El_08
All I'm saying is that anything Supergirl related from the show is acceptable for this thread. Chloe bashing is not what this thread is for.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Laura is one hot mama. Last night's episode proves it. Her scenes with Tom Welling contniue to get better.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Laura is one hot mama. Last night's episode proves it. Her scenes with Tom Welling contniue to get better.

In the Bikini drool

Kal-El_08
My friend said that Laura has small boobs, he couldn't be more wrong.

Mairuzu
They are ok

Kal-El_08
They're great, I'd love to put my face in between them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
My friend said that Laura has small boobs, he couldn't be more wrong.

They're very nice. As are her legs.

Kal-El_08
Yes, she basically has the whole package. I'd love to meet or date her. cool

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yes, she basically has the whole package. I'd love to meet or date her. cool

Aren't you too young to date someone in their twenties? Laura was good, I can't wait to see her next episode.

Kal-El_08
I'll be legal in what, four years? It's not that long of a wait. big grin

Mairuzu
You'll be waiting for eternity because she'll never date you

Kal-El_08
Yeah, and how do you know this? Are you inside her head? No, you're not.

Mairuzu
Trust me... i know. Just do her a favor and don't go stalking her and such

Big Sexy
When do you guys think will be the episode when kara is infected with red K. Clarks always infected at least once per season.

Mairuzu
that would be awesome to see

Kal of Krypton
I'll be legal in what, four years? It's not that long of a wait. big grin Your 14?! I'm glad your resrticted.

I still dont like Kara.

((The_Anomaly))
She's hot, yet annoying.

Hon-Bun
I think she fits right in, maybe the prettiest of the Smalleville femmes?Maybe hard for Clark to remember they are cousins? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Amazon
Originally posted by Hon-Bun
I think she fits right in, maybe the prettiest of the Smalleville femmes?Maybe hard for Clark to remember they are cousins? roll eyes (sarcastic)
ewww I hope they don't go there. confused
Although Clark and Kara are the last two male and female kryptonians left. They may need to do it if they are going to continue thier species.
Although I'm sure the series will end before that topic comes up for real.

Mairuzu
ewww I hope they don't go there. confused
Although Clark and Kara are the last two male and female kryptonians left. They may need to do it if they are going to continue thier species.
Although I'm sure the series will end before that topic comes up for real. then their babies come out to be retards with power... like more bizzaros running around

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Highly doubt, Clark and Kara will be kissing cousins. Laura's onscreen presence continues to get better. Not liking the way her character may be evil, especially since she may get her own show. As the season progresses, Laura's acting skills will grow and evolve.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Highly doubt, Clark and Kara will be kissing cousins. Laura's onscreen presence continues to get better. Not liking the way her character may be evil, especially since she may get her own show. As the season progresses, Laura's acting skills will grow and evolve. But her history is the closest to any character in the series. Her history is almost directly taken from the comics. The comic Kara was sent to earth to kill Kal El, I wonder if the blue crystal will give Smallville Kara the same order.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
But her history is the closest to any character in the series. Her history is almost directly taken from the comics. The comic Kara was sent to earth to kill Kal El, I wonder if the blue crystal will give Smallville Kara the same order.

But knowing Smallville as I do, the writers will mess up her character as they have done with other characters.

Amazon
Maybe we'll find out that Kara was turned into a sleeper agent by Zor-el or Zod and sent to destroy Clark. However I have a feeling the writers will use her for evil, because the Marshan Manhunter will no doubt hurt her feelings one too many times. She'll end up turning to Lex for comfort and we'll have the end of season 5 all over again haha. Except it will be Zor-el that returns instead of Zod. Or we'll find out that Zor-el had a brainiac just like Zod's. Standard technology on Krypton LOL

Arachnid1
Your 14?! I'm glad your resrticted.

I still dont like Kara.

First of...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
eek! laughing

Second off...

Ouch. stick out tongue

Kal of Krypton
Well, it's not the fact that he's 14, but the fact that he's 14 and he talked to me the way he did, but I'm glad you found that amusing.

I'll be happy if the writers make Kara go to Lex. That would be cooler than Clark teaching kara everything she needs to know and reliving the past 5 seasons.

Mairuzu
Well, it's not the fact that he's 14, but the fact that he's 14 and he talked to me the way he did, but I'm glad you found that amusing.

I'll be happy if the writers make Kara go to Lex. That would be cooler than Clark teaching kara everything she needs to know and reliving the past 5 seasons.

Aren't you like... 16?

Kal of Krypton
Why are we guessing age?!

It doesnt matter how young (or old) I am, it's the fact that kids these days dont respect people older than them.

And Supergirl still stinks. I watched the 1st 5 minutes of the most recent ep (Cure) and when her and Lana were talking in the kitchen almost made me puke.

I hate Clana

Mairuzu
Why are we guessing age?!

It doesnt matter how young (or old) I am, it's the fact that kids these days dont respect people older than them.

And Supergirl still stinks. I watched the 1st 5 minutes of the most recent ep (Cure) and when her and Lana were talking in the kitchen almost made me puke.

I hate Clana lol, im just saying that you arent even that much older, and Clana rocks

You guys really think Supergirl is gunna be all bad soon? cause im hoping she just stays good and helps clark out against other strong opponents

Kal of Krypton
I hope that they'll have to fight each other.

FistOfThe North
I wouldn't even mind if Aquaman got a spin-off if they could make him less of a pu$$y.

There was an Aquaman spinoff. I saw the pilot. The show was cancelled in 2006. It was gonna air on the CW but it didn't get the green light during the WB/CW transition.

It's the most popular/most downloaded show on Itunes.

I thought that pilot show kicked ass but it was a little weird because the guy playing aquaman was the guy that play Green lantern in Smallvile. It isn't make sense. And it was produced by the creators of Smallville. Maybe that's why it was cancelled. For potential confusion it would've caused and poor casting decisions affecting Smallvilles' quality, i mean it was a spin-off. But again an excellent episode nonetheless.

Kal of Krypton
It was a good pilot.

Amazon
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
There was an Aquaman spinoff. I saw the pilot. The show was cancelled in 2006. It was gonna air on the CW but it didn't get the green light during the WB/CW transition.

It's the most popular/most downloaded show on Itunes.

I thought that pilot show kicked ass but it was a little weird because the guy playing aquaman was the guy that play Green lantern in Smallvile. It isn't make sense. And it was produced by the creators of Smallville. Maybe that's why it was cancelled. For potential confusion it would've caused and poor casting decisions affecting Smallvilles' quality, i mean it was a spin-off. But again an excellent episode nonetheless.

It was a good pilot. I think everyone liked it. But it would have messed with Smallville. Especially since Aquaman was played by the same guy as the Green arrow. Even so I think that Justin hartlet is a better choice for Aquaman in the new pilot than the one in Smallville. The one in Smallville always reminds me of a gay porn star for some reason. I can't get passed it haha.
I did notice in the opening scene that Anette o'tools voice was narrating the beginning. I don't think it's a good idea to have the green arrow play aquaman and Martha kent play Aquamans mom's voice. Just my opinon.

FistOfThe North
It was a good pilot. I think everyone liked it. But it would have messed with Smallville. Especially since Aquaman was played by the same guy as the Green arrow. Even so I think that Justin hartlet is a better choice for Aquaman in the new pilot than the one in Smallville. The one in Smallville always reminds me of a gay porn star for some reason. I can't get passed it haha.
I did notice in the opening scene that Anette o'tools voice was narrating the beginning. I don't think it's a good idea to have the green arrow play aquaman and Martha kent play Aquamans mom's voice. Just my opinon.

My bad i meant "green arrow"..but i agree. Smallville's green arrow actor plays the role of aquaman better than smallville's aquaman but he does a pretty good green arrow too. And i did notice Anette's voice at the beginning there too. But at the same time, what in purgatory were the "aquaman" producers thinking?

Blue_Hefner
She's pretty hot for a blond

shaunmike
She'll do great

http://www.herospy.com/wp-content/2007/tv/laura-vandervoort-stuff-02.jpg

Kon-El
I liked Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl she is good actress and she is pretty hot. The only thing that i'm wondering about is that crystal, what is it for and why is Jor-El warning Clark about her ????

BADGALcharlie26
Im not sure about this new supergirl i just dont think she has the innocence as the other supergirl played by helen slater in the film version it a ? Mark from me 4 now

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kon-El
I liked Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl she is good actress and she is pretty hot. The only thing that i'm wondering about is that crystal, what is it for and why is Jor-El warning Clark about her ????

Only the horrible writers know that one as they have messed up the whole superman mythos.

Da Joker
I thought Vandervoort was pretty good as Kara, but I'd like to see more of her.

hermione7
As far as new spoilers go, this is the latest in Ksite:
UPDATED 8/24/08: Laura Vandervoort revealed at the 2008 FanExpo in Toronto, Canada that she will be returing to Smallville for an episode to wrap up her storylines. Her episode shoots in October, which means it will probably land somewhere between #9 and #11 of the season. Sadly, Michael Rosenbaum has given no indication that he will be returning, and he has revealed that he is currently in negotiations for a film role. (Source: TheTVAddict)

lenovo
Laura is hot!!! I think she is such a great Super Girl and Laura definitely made season 7 awesome!!! As a fan of Smallville the beautiful girls just keep on coming!!! Season 7 is out on DVD next week!! I will be getting my copy of Super Girl =P I found the official dvd release website...check it out guys!!

URL: smallvilletrailermaker.warnerbros.com

Tommy Jarvis
I really would like to see Laura Vandervoort get her own TV series as Kara/Supergirl, she's shown on Smallville she has the acting skills to carry a show on her own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.