How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
I'd make it more like armor instead of tights with underwear. I'd completely get rid of the classic red & blue costume & make it more like armor & get rid of the underwear. Superman is a great hero but his costume is holding him back. If not armor, he should wear his black & white costume all the time.

Endless Mike
The costume is iconic. When they changed it in the 90s for a few years everyone hated it and complained.

Mirai Gohan
I wouldn't complain. I'm a big fan of Superman but I honestly wouldn't mind if he stopped wearing underwear on the outside of his costume.

batdude123
You're one of the few.

Mirai Gohan
Yeah, maybe on this forum but there may be a lot of people who agree with me. I don't hate the classic costume, I just wouldn't mind if it were changed.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
I'd make it more like armor instead of tights with underwear. I'd completely get rid of the classic red & blue costume & make it more like armor & get rid of the underwear. Superman is a great hero but his costume is holding him back. If not armor, he should wear his black & white costume all the time.

Why would Superman need armor? Bullets bounce off his skin...

And while I wouldn't mind seeing Superman get "Back in Black", as others have said, his costume is iconic... When you say Superman, that's what people think...

It's not like with Batman, where you can change the color scheme (black, black-grey, blue-grey, etc.)

Galvaclaw
I've alway wondered why no one complains about Batman's costume. He has the same thing going on.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I've alway wondered why no one complains about Batman's costume. He has the same thing going on. not realy supes has had his costume since 1938 and bat has changed over time

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Why would Superman need armor? Bullets bounce off his skin...

And while I wouldn't mind seeing Superman get "Back in Black", as others have said, his costume is iconic... When you say Superman, that's what people think...

It's not like with Batman, where you can change the color scheme (black, black-grey, blue-grey, etc.)

Armor can make for great costumes.

Endless Mike
Well Superboy Prime had armor to feed him yellow sunlight to make himself more powerful, Superman could use something like that if he was fighting under a red sun or something.

Mirai Gohan
That could work but if his costume is to be changed, instead of armor, I'd go with the black & white suit.

Magee
Why the hell would Superman where armour?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Magee
Why the hell would Superman where armour?

Like I said, maybe to prevent him from losing power under a red sun like Superboy Prime did

Magee
That would tie in with a plot in which it would make sense for him to wear armour, sun light absorption armour. The guy who made this thread just said his costume should be changed, why would he fly around metropolis in armour is what I mean, would be redundant. It would just get crushed and broken every time he had to fight. Where as he can wear skin tight spandex which is indestructible due to his aura and not have to worry about fighting naked.

Hannibal-Lector
Id try to have him keep his classic comic weaknesses rather that him getting stronger to overcome them, it just seems wierd to have him too.... too.... super

Mirai Gohan
Green K needs to be completely forgotten about. His main weakness should be magic & instead of him being totally invincible his enemies should be able to hurt him.

pr1983
Green K needs to be completely forgotten about. His main weakness should be magic & instead of him being totally invincible his enemies should be able to hurt him.

the way doomsday, brainiac and darkseid can?

superkronick92
I like the classic costume, but i wouldn't mind if they mixed it up a bit like make his sleeves extend so they lead into gloves. Kind of make his costume look a little cooler, or more practical, kind of like ultimate Captain America from Ultimates 2

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by pr1983
the way doomsday, brainiac and darkseid can?

Yeah, he should take more beatings from people on or above his level of power instead of taking beatings from a bald man with a green rock.

Endless Mike
Well one thing is that he shouldn't be able to beat Darkseid like they've been having him do

pr1983
Yeah, he should take more beatings from people on or above his level of power instead of taking beatings from a bald man with a green rock.

he gets into physical fights all the time... erm

Mirai Gohan
I know, but from what I know most of the time he's holding back.

Supermanluv
Id keep the classic costume but modify it slightly. Id keep the red and blue costume but maybe design it in a similar way to how Majestic is. That, or I would remove the speedos and replace them with shorts (similar to those in All star Superman) Id probably return the mullet, asl i just think it makes him look more impressive, and id definitely have the longer cape.

If hes going to have a biolectrical aura, relate it to his ability to warp space and defy gravity. Id make the biological super conductor, theorised in Mark Wolvertons (And providing with his ability to react immensely fast, and defy gravity) book cannocial. Id also give him an organ that allows him to warp space immensely, therefore allowing him to act as a gravity lens, (therefore sucking solar radiation in like a whirl pool in water), and allow him to pick up immensely heavy masses without them collapsing on themselves.

If the biolectrical aura is going to be spatial in nature, it can't envelope his costume as it currently does (I.e. it will push away his costume like it pushes away bullets, punches e.t.c.). Therefore to make the costume sustainable i suggest making it molecular dense and self repairing.

Krypton works by causing the stored radiation stored, to be release in a most painful and deadly fashion (i.e. Kyptonite deadliness is affected by how much solar radiation he has absorbed).

Red Solar radiation inhibits his biological-superconductive nervous system from working, therefore decreasing his speed, durability and preventing his muscles and space-warping organ, from gaining the needed and necessary stored energy.

He no longer has x-Ray vision but sees through objects by adapting his eyes to access able radiation.

Id give him a healing factor and immune system on par with Wolverines, and his cells will be molecular dense due to krypton's immense gravity.

Krypton should be a neutron star, that was created into a planet by the Guardians of the universe, in a genetically experiment to create a race of indestructible corp members. The experiment back fires when the Kryptonians became too powerful to control. They became intergalactic conquerors, but where restricted to their home world after a great galactic civil war (The house of El and guardians fought together to end the kryptonian Empire).

Kryptonains use their Gravity lens ability to literally Solar feed. They use their space-warping organ to suck in huge amounts of solar radiation (far more than Superman is currently capable of doing), from a massive spatial volume. Kryptonians don't gain powers on krypton due to the effects of Red-Solar Radiation (As mentioned previously)

Mirai Gohan
Really, I'd get rid of the red & blue & use a color like black & gold or black & white. I'd also get rid of the cape.

Soljer
Really, I'd get rid of the red & blue & use a color like black & gold or black & white. I'd also get rid of the cape.

And you'd get fired and replaced...

pr1983
I know, but from what I know most of the time he's holding back.

only when he can... against the likes of doomsday, bozarro and darkseid he can't afford to...

Originally posted by Soljer

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Soljer

Lick.My.Nuts

Anyway, yeah, I know there are certain people he doesn't hold back against. Does he ever hold back against Mongul.

pr1983
Lick.My.Nuts

Anyway, yeah, I know there are certain people he doesn't hold back against. Does he ever hold back against Mongul.

erm not cool dude... try not to do it again...

and no, he doesnt hold back against mongul, physically at least...

Mirai Gohan
If he says something else, I will do it again.

What's up with Doomsday & Mongul anyways?

pr1983

wonderful attitude to have... but abuse will get you a warning.

doomsday and mongul have high durability, so he needs to hit them pretty hard to hurt them...

Mirai Gohan
Meh.

I meant what have they been doing in comics lately.

Soljer

Say something else? I didn't even insult you. I told you the truth.

If someone was adamant about changing Superman's looks in the way you suggested, they'd get fired and replaced.

"Lick my nuts" really wasn't even nearly called for, and was very demonstrative of your maturity. erm.

pr1983
Meh.

I meant what have they been doing in comics lately.

no expression

doomsday was last seen (as far as i know) in infinite crisis #7, getting a beat-down by the two supermen...

last time i saw mongul he was getting beat up by hal jordan pre infinite crisis...

Sarutobi700
I make Superman like Spiderman, but that would be copyright so i would Japanize him

Mirai Gohan
What the hell.....?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kal-El_08

And then you would call him Black Adam. stick out tongue

MattDay
lol he will never change in looks, but i think there's room to make more a loof, he realizes that there's a grey area of right and wrong making his decisions even more harder to guess, like who lives and dies, superman may start letting villains perish depending on how dangerous he thinks they are and so on, it would make him more spontaneous and overall a more humanized superman,... because he hangs around them a lot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.