Sadam Yot vs. Senty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Ultimate Green Lantern ( right before his death a thousand years from now)

vs.

The most powerful Hero in the Marvel universe. Or something like that. who would win?

A daxamite with more skill than hal or kyle, or sentry, who will soon be pwning Thor and Hulk, or messing up marvel's plans to have thier own superman. stick out tongue

tkitna
Sentry

grey fox
Sadam , wasn't he the second to last to die when the huge armada attacked the GL corps in the creatures prediction ?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by grey fox
Sadam , wasn't he the second to last to die when the huge armada attacked the GL corps in the creatures prediction ?

I believe the second to or last to die in the future. The ultimate green lantern of all.

spetznaz
A Daxamite (basically a Kryptonian sister-race) with a GL ring and said to be the best at being what he is.

vs

Sentry.

Hard to chose, largely because Sentry is all over the place. In some depictions he is tantamount to a god, in others he is 'just' a Superman allusion.

Yat is constant in his (very very few) depictions, but the fact that he is basically a Superman-type character who has perfect abilities with a GL ring does give him some cache.

I'd personally choose Yat, but it wouldn'd take much to dissuade me otherwise.

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I believe the second to or last to die in the future. The ultimate green lantern of all.

Nah , the last was Mogo when the Alliance of tears (I think thats what it was ? ) detonated a blink bomb in his core.

King Kandy
Sentry kills him. Nothing he does will hurt Sentry.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sentry kills him. Nothing he does will hurt Sentry.

You do realize that Sadam Yot is a DAXAMITE who on thier own can give Sentry a run and he's also the ultimate green lantern on top of that.

King Kandy
You do realize that Sadam Yot is a DAXAMITE who on thier own can give Sentry a run and he's also the ultimate green lantern on top of that.
I bet you Sentry could take a Daxamite EASILY, and being the ultimate Green lantern won't mean much when Sentry is attacking you mentally and physicaly.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
Nah , the last was Mogo when the Alliance of tears (I think thats what it was ? ) detonated a blink bomb in his core.
I posted the profecy in another thread a few months ago.

"After untold millenia, the enemies of the Green Lantern Corps will rise united against them. The Corp shall be destroyed to the last life form.

The planet of OA shall be as dust. Amongst the gathered foemen shall be numbered the Weaponers of Qward, Ranx the sentient City, and the unspeakable children of the white lobe. The Empire of Tears, finally released from entombment shall join the assault.

Sodam Yat, a Daxamite hailed as the ultimate Green Lantern will perish battling the Lobe-Spawn. The planet form Green Lantern Mogo will be the last to fall. As Ranx explodes a blink-bomb within his core.

And after that, there will only be the demons dancing in the ruins of OA to the rhythm of drums bound with taut blue skin."

- Green Lantern Corp Annual 2 by Alan Moore.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Juntai
I posted the profecy in another thread a few months ago.

"After untold millenia, the enemies of the Green Lantern Corps will rise united against them. The Corp shall be destroyed to the last life form.

The planet of OA shall be as dust. Amongst the gathered foemen shall be numbered the Weaponers of Qward, Ranx the sentient City, and the unspeakable children of the white lobe. The Empire of Tears, finally released from entombment shall join the assault.

Sodam Yat, a Daxamite hailed as the ultimate Green Lantern will perish battling the Lobe-Spawn. The planet form Green Lantern Mogo will be the last to fall. As Ranx explodes a blink-bomb within his core.

And after that, there will only be the demons dancing in the ruins of OA to the rhythm of drums bound with taut blue skin."

- Green Lantern Corp Annual 2 by Alan Moore.

This is all from the book of OA correct? Isn't ganthet suggesting to the Gaurdians to rewrite the actual book?

Juntai
This is all from the book of OA correct? Isn't ganthet suggesting to the Gaurdians to rewrite the actual book? It was a profecy given to Abin Sur by a demon type of guy. They may have wrote it down in the book however as documentation. I noticed the profecy coming true a while back and posted all the stuff in a thread once before- not the scans, but typed the profecy and noted how the GLC comic was making it happen.

Galvaclaw
Let's ignore the fact Sentry has never used mental abilities in battle. Soldam is a Daxamite which means he has Superman level mental defences. The sort that can shrug off people with global level telepathy. The Geeen Lantern ring has vast mental defences. Put those two together.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It was a profecy given to Abin Sur by a demon type of guy. They may have wrote it down in the book however as documentation. I noticed the profecy coming true a while back and posted all the stuff in a thread once before- not the scans, but typed the profecy and noted how the GLC comic was making it happen.

Yeah I was noting that the Current Books are the prophecy. But I think that we are about to see how powerful the Guardians are, becuz Ganthet is suggesting they actually fight if I'm understanding him.

King Kandy
Sentry has used mental abilities, what do you think the "Golden Light" he shot at Hulk was?

Not to mention he can create Void level beings without even knowing he did it... He could create an army of Voids and Sentrys to attack GL.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sentry has used mental abilities, what do you think the "Golden Light" he shot at Hulk was?

Not to mention he can create Void level beings without even knowing he did it... He could create an army of Voids and Sentrys to attack GL.

Um you haven't read any thing on daxamites or green lanters have you? Take a being who is as powerful as superman and then make him the best green lantern ever. what makes you think sentry can beat a combo like that with any kind of ease. The rings have very powerful tp defenses. And the rings can create armies of beings as well. Is Sadom Yat going to just stand there and let sentry take a victory? This is basically what you are telling us.

King Kandy
Yes he will.

Explain what he will do to even Hurt Sentry? Sentry can use TK to destroy the Ring before Sadam Yot knows what happened.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes he will.

Explain what he will do to even Hurt Sentry? Sentry can use TK to destroy the Ring before Sadam Yot knows what happened.
No. If that were the case, then Others would have tried to destroy the ring. You dont' know about the shields do you? Ultron was laying a smack on Sentry. A daxamite is far stronger and faster than ultron. So where are you getting your info on? do you own any books with daxamites in them? any gl books? The combination of a daxamite and a GL is lethal. to be the ultimate GL of all is truly lethal. I'd say if sentry lives up to hype, these two are pretty much just evenly matched.

Juntai
He could create an army of Voids and Sentrys to attack GL. Proof?

quanchi112
sentry prolly wins this

Juntai
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Let's ignore the fact Sentry has never used mental abilities in battle. Soldam is a Daxamite which means he has Superman level mental defences. The sort that can shrug off people with global level telepathy. The Geeen Lantern ring has vast mental defences. Put those two together. Hal had to specifically turn off his rings telepathy shields to let Hector Hammond into his mind.

King Kandy
No. If that were the case, then Others would have tried to destroy the ring. You dont' know about the shields do you? Ultron was laying a smack on Sentry. A daxamite is far stronger and faster than ultron. So where are you getting your info on? do you own any books with daxamites in them? any gl books? The combination of a daxamite and a GL is lethal. to be the ultimate GL of all is truly lethal. I'd say if sentry lives up to hype, these two are pretty much just evenly matched.
Sentry was holding back against Ultron, because he wasn't supposed to destroy Ultron until they discovered whether or not Stark was alive.

Let me pose a question for you. Could Sadam Yot beat Galactus?

King Kandy
Proof?
He's created TK Voids before...

Asking for proof of that is kind of like saying that a character who has been shown eating a piece of cheese couldn't eat two pieces.

Juntai
He's created TK Voids before...

Asking for proof of that is kind of like saying that a character who has been shown eating a piece of cheese couldn't eat two pieces. I figured you'd probably just conceed to making shit up, but I guess that's giving too much credit.

Don't be rediculous. Superman has used heat vision to level all sorts of enemies and objects, but by your logic, doesn't mean he can't destroy a handful of solar systems with it, just because he hasn't on panel.

Juntai
Could Sadam Yot beat Galactus? laughing

King Kandy
I figured you'd probably just conceed to making shit up, but I guess that's giving too much credit.

Don't be rediculous. Superman has used heat vision to level all sorts of enemies and objects, but by your logic, doesn't mean he can't destroy a handful of solar systems with it, just because he hasn't on panel.
No, but if Superman effortlessly destroys a planet, it's not to much of a Stretch to say he can destroy two planets, seeing the ease with which he did one.

King Kandy
laughing
Don't laugh. The question is very relevant to this debate.

Soljer
Wait, what is Sadam Yot's most impressive feat?

I don't care if he's been said to be the ultimate lantern, I very much doubt he's EVER been shown doing ANY of the more impressive things that Hal or Kyle have accomplished. erm.

tjcoady
Yes he will.

I have seen all of Sentry's appearances and consider myself pretty well versed in his powers... when has he ever used telekinesis? he does have pretty good powers involving either solid light constructs, but I haven't noticed tk...

on that note, I haven't really noticed that Daxamites have high level mental defenses... my only exposure to them is from the Legion, and I'm willing to admit there are lots of things about them I don't know. it wouldn't be all that hard for the Sentry to get some lead though.

Sodom Yat as of now is just a rookie. in the prophecy given to abin sur, he is told that Yat will grow to be the greatest of the green lanterns, which is Kilwog instructs people to watch his back during the battle of mogo. as of now, he's nothing special.

Still, a daxamite with a green lantern ring tops most of sentry's appearances thus far. and if the prophecy given to abin sur is correct, and we're considering Sodom Yat to be the GREATEST green lantern for this battle, I'd say he takes this.

Juntai
Don't laugh. The question is very relevant to this debate. No it isn't because the event was never given life nor context. Lots of characters have defeated or driven off Galactus who would have a tough time with a Daxamite on the forum. Sure it's cool, and maybe amazing, but without evidence, it's hardly credible.

Juntai
No, but if Superman effortlessly destroys a planet, it's not to much of a Stretch to say he can destroy two planets, seeing the ease with which he did one. Originally posted by Juntai
I figured you'd probably just conceed to making shit up, but I guess that's giving too much credit.

King Kandy
You are totaly misinterpretting what I said Juntai, and it's pissing me off the way you cling to that misinterpretation.

IF SENTRY CAN EASILY CREATE ONE CONSTRUCT, WHY CAN'T HE MAKE TWO? ANSWER ME THAT!

Juntai
You are totaly misinterpretting what I said Juntai, and it's pissing me off the way you cling to that misinterpretation.

IF SENTRY CAN EASILY CREATE ONE CONSTRUCT, WHY CAN'T HE MAKE TWO? ANSWER ME THAT! You said he was going to create a literal army of "Voids" and "Sentrys" to do battle for him, I asked for proof. You used an unacceptable analogy of eating two pieces of cheese as your proof.
What exactly is misinterpreted?

King Kandy
You make an analogy to counter mine.

My analogy was "If someone can easily eat a piece of cheese, he can likely eat two pieces of cheese."

Yours was more along the lines of "If someone can easily eat a piece of cheese, then he can eat a planet of cheese in one bite"

That is a ministerpretation.

Juntai
You make an analogy to counter mine.

My analogy was "If someone can easily eat a piece of cheese, he can likely eat two pieces of cheese."

Yours was more along the lines of "If someone can easily eat a piece of cheese, then he can eat a planet of cheese in one bite"

That is a ministerpretation. That's the point. It was meant to sound rediculous and baseless. Just like yours.

Soljer
Originally posted by Soljer
Wait, what is Sadam Yot's most impressive feat?

I don't care if he's been said to be the ultimate lantern, I very much doubt he's EVER been shown doing ANY of the more impressive things that Hal or Kyle have accomplished. erm.

I'm not arguing for Sentry - I think a Daxamite Green Lantern could likely take him down just by virtue of being a Daxamite Green Lantern.

But I'd still like my question answered.

King Kandy
Mine is based firmly in logic though.

Validus
God damn.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
God damn. confused

Validus
confused
Sorry. I just can't believe some people on this forum.

tjcoady
Sodom Yat has done exactly nothing to date. Kilwog has to protect him in the battle of Mogo.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Validus
Sorry. I just can't believe some people on this forum.

Yeah, even I (a self professed Sentry fan) am shocked by the levels of bullshit some people stoop to. A few people actually try to argue for Sentry logically and then others come along with:

"Sentry 10/10, power of a million suns!1! he can do anything!1!1!"

thumb down

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Citizen V
Yeah, even I (a self professed Sentry fan) am shocked by the levels of bullshit some people stoop to. A few people actually try to argue for Sentry logically and then others come along with:

"Sentry 10/10, power of a million suns!1! he can do anything!1!1!"

thumb down

Thankfully, his legend will end when he heroically stops the Hulk's rampage...........by dying to him after Hulk punches his head off. durhuc

Tony Stark
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thankfully, his legend will end when he heroically stops the Hulk's rampage...........by dying to him after Hulk punches his head off. durhuc

stick out tongue

That's not the storyline that I've been told about...

Can you say 1,000,000 exploding suns?

Happy Dance

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Now you can't honestly think that's how WWHulk will end... No way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.