Vinny's Lyrics & Suggestions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
sly

Hey, so.. I asked around (Ken aka Tattoo big grin) About where to put a thread where I would create my own lyrics and songs, and then get ratings on them.. Also where people could suggest topics for a song, or help me make things better.... And he said here so... I'm here.

I have never written Song Lyrics before, but I'm wishing to learn and try my best... I already write books and short stories, along with poetry here and there... So, I just want to start getting at it, to add to my collection of English works..

So, I'd like to start with a suggested topic, then expand from there... It's just something I'd like to have some fun with and see what happens happy

Thanks, everything is appreciated that could possibly help.

vincent

Alpha Centauri
Don't write lyrics in the style that you write stories, they're not the same.

Too many people confuse the two.

Also, don't write lyrics if you're not planning to use them. If you want to do expressive writing, write poetry. Don't write "poetry" and then call it lyrics just because you want to be associated with music.

As an aside, write proper poetry. Don't just write a bit, press enter, write a bit more and then call it poetry.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Also, don't write lyrics if you're not planning to use them. If you want to do expressive writing, write poetry. Don't write "poetry" and then call it lyrics just because you want to be associated with music.

As an aside, write proper poetry. Don't just write a bit, press enter, write a bit more and then call it poetry.

-AC

Alright, that makes sense happy

I do write poetry, and I keep it real but off KMC... I'm not fond of letting my finished polished works sit on a forum.

But, these Lyrics would most likely be put to use. My friends band wants random songs (Yes Random) that they can put a tune too... And some, if topic good enough I would use with my guitar.

Alpha Centauri
Music is about honesty, so sifting through a list of "topics" will just end up generic.

Just wait until you think "I'm gonna write about that specific/broad issue." for a reason, don't try to.

Create something you are happy with first and foremost.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
Music is about honesty, so sifting through a list of "topics" will just end up generic.

Just wait until you think "I'm gonna write about that specific/broad issue." for a reason, don't try to.

Create something you are happy with first and foremost.

-AC

Sounds like a good idea... Once I get that Idea, I think I'll add my first one to this thread..

Thanks alot AC happy

Bardock42
I think you should write lyrics the same way you write stories. That works out well, basically the same thing.

You should also write lots of lyrics that you won't use, just to practice you know.

If you want to write poetry though, just ... you know let it all out. Right some....and add some later. Just post it and call it poetry.

Music is about certain topics, just go through a list and write about all the major topics you can think about. Good practice too.

You don't have to be happy with it at all, most lyricist aren't, you just have to make the people think that you are.

Well, now have fun writing.

Funkadelic
Don't sit down and say NOW I'm gonna write lyrics.

Let them come when they come.

Don't decide what's it's gonna B about B4 u have some inspiration with some lyrics.

Man, post these lyrics, I'll study them.

Strangelove

-AC Originally posted by Bardock42
I think you should write lyrics the same way you write stories. That works out well, basically the same thing.

You should also write lots of lyrics that you won't use, just to practice you know.

If you want to write poetry though, just ... you know let it all out. Right some....and add some later. Just post it and call it poetry.

Music is about certain topics, just go through a list and write about all the major topics you can think about. Good practice too.

You don't have to be happy with it at all, most lyricist aren't, you just have to make the people think that you are.

Well, now have fun writing. This seems contradictory messed

SelphieT
Write about what you know about. Don't write clueless songs. Yeah, its common sense, but a bit of advice, nonetheless.

Slay
Originally posted by Strangelove
This seems contradictory messed
I think that's what Bardock was going for...

lord xyz
Do nothing at all?

Jack of Storms
Also, if you haven't done so already (If you haven't, you also deserve to die), listen to Bob Dylan's lyrics. Many great artists were inspired by him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.