DC's Final Crisis predictions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
It'll be here about 7-8 months from now.

I didn't know about it until i saw an add for it couple weeks ago. I don't know anything about it really.

My prediction is that this crisis will be a another year long weekly event.

Saxondale
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
It'll be here about 7-8 months from now.

I didn't know about it until i saw an add for it couple weeks ago. I don't know anything about it really.

My prediction is that this crisis will be a another year long weekly event.

Cynic.

Validus
Everybody dies!

Saxondale
Originally posted by Validus
Everybody dies!

Nah: Superman saves the day somehow!

Validus
That works too.

superkronick92
Sbp retcon punches Batman into a glass of apple juice.

Symmetric Chaos
I predict . . .

. . . another Crisis after this one no expression

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Batman and Supes once again saves the day.

Darth Vicious
Why must DC keep recycling the same story? Cant they have a big even without the word "Crisis" in the title?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Why must DC keep recycling the same story? Cant they have a big even without the word "Crisis" in the title?

But spelling Catastrophe is so much harder.

Lucid Lui
Aquaman saves everyone and everything and becomes king of the universe.

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Surely DC has had more than 3 big events.

King_Mungi
Not a crisis without a Flash dying.

*cough*

DigiMark007
One of the Big 3 wil die. For good. Massive retcon or somesuch. It's "FINAL" Crisis. They have to amp it up, and Connor's death wasn't exactly on the same level as Barry and Kara in CoIE.

And Booster Gold is going to be HUGE, even if no one in the DCU knows it. My guess is they won't write him in much, then Johns will have all these "background" stories where he makes everything in FC possible.

Endless Mike
Darkseid dies

willRules
Originally posted by DigiMark007
One of the Big 3 wil die. For good. Massive retcon or somesuch. It's "FINAL" Crisis.

confused

Would they really do that? That seems unlikely to me. Although if they did kill any of them off, Wonder Woman is the least popular.

Personally I will shout out "YES!" if they kill Supes yes Although anyone of them biting the dust will crack the Internet in half. Hawkeye alone caused soooo much feedback from the Internet and so did Cap but in news stories. If they killed off one of those guys.........

The world might explode no expression

Martian_mind
So they need a relatively well-liked but not actually popular who is a cornerstone in the history of the DCU to die.

Well,I'm glad i don't have any favourites like that.ermm

willRules
laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Not a crisis without a Flash dying.

*cough*

They did just kill a Flash though.

Citizen V
I say we kill off both of Wally's twins for good measure ermm.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by willRules
confused

Would they really do that? That seems unlikely to me. Although if they did kill any of them off, Wonder Woman is the least popular.

Personally I will shout out "YES!" if they kill Supes yes Although anyone of them biting the dust will crack the Internet in half. Hawkeye alone caused soooo much feedback from the Internet and so did Cap but in news stories. If they killed off one of those guys.........

Personally, I'd say WW. Supes died once b4 and remember how that turned out. WW will bre brought after the event is over. Can't see Batman, he is by far the most popular DC hero and with TDK coming out next year folowed by at least tweo more Batman movies, can't see Bruce taking the big dirt nap.

grey fox
WW dying is fine by me.

Amazons Attack generally butchered any possible awesomeness that could of been done with teh Amazonians.

pr1983
Originally posted by Citizen V

that works too...

Originally posted by grey fox
WW dying is fine by me.

Amazons Attack generally butchered any possible awesomeness that could of been done with teh Amazonians.

that's true... though in fairness, i never saw the end coming...

grey fox
Originally posted by pr1983
that works too...

that's true... though in fairness, i never saw the end coming...

Feh, a twist ending for a piece of shit. Did M. Night Shamalyian write this or a professional comic book writer ?

pr1983
Feh, a twist ending for a piece of shit. Did M. Night Shamalyian write this or a professional comic book writer ?

laughing out loud

i was annoyed at them not showing the big fight...

grey fox
Originally posted by pr1983
laughing out loud

i was annoyed at them not showing the big fight...

Cha-Ching.
Plus Supes could of ended any problem easily enough , but noooooooooo.

Oy Vey...

pr1983
Cha-Ching.
Plus Supes could of ended any problem easily enough , but noooooooooo.

Oy Vey...

i know... at least half the guys present could have ended the war if they'd wanted to...

why did batman do so little? iirc he like, stood around yapping to everyone, and took out circe temporarily, and that was it...

willRules
Is it necessary for those characters to die though? I remember the good old days when story lines weren't judged by how many characters were killed off but by the content of the story (When I typed this, I didn't realise how much like a Martin Luther King speech this sounded)

I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who absolutely loved Civil war and that didn't have too many deaths and had a decent plot IMO.

Big deaths can be cool if handled well yes

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Citizen V

Seems a tad extreme. Unless he's directly responsible for their deaths and has an emotional breakdown because of it.

superkronick92
Sinestro snaps, after his corps. is destroyed, then kills the remaining members and BECOMES ION!!!!!

pr1983
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Seems a tad extreme. Unless he's directly responsible for their deaths and has an emotional breakdown because of it.

either way they need to die... man, i used to think the wally making zoom hurt himself to save his unborn children was a brilliant story...

but it spawned those two little shits...

Citizen V
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Yeah, Wally's forced to run back in time and eat his two unborn children whilst they are still fetuses to save the world. He then realises that he's got a few grey hairs, this knowledge sends him insane and he kills everyone.

But most importantly, he kills everyone on a full stomach.

On an empty stomach? Wow, someone could get seriously hurt then roll eyes (sarcastic).

DigiMark007
Is it necessary for those characters to die though? I remember the good old days when story lines weren't judged by how many characters were killed off but by the content of the story (When I typed this, I didn't realise how much like a Martin Luther King speech this sounded)

I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who absolutely loved Civil war and that didn't have too many deaths and had a decent plot IMO.

Big deaths can be cool if handled well yes

It's a Crisis. At least 2 people have to die.

New prediction: Sinestro will become the new Spectre

Martian_mind
I think Sinestro's f*cked if he decides to come to earth...

superkronick92
Captain America should become the Spectre.

willRules

Good point and as for the prediction...... wink

Symmetric Chaos

That would be quite a twist.

TricksterPriest

Wait a sec. Then what happens to Crispus Allen?

I think the new Blue Beetle is going to be important somehow. wink

Validus
The trinity should die going by the tagline.

"Heroes die - Legends live forever"

Kal, Bruce and Diana die and a revived Conner, Tim and Cassie carry on as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Granted, it wouldn't be permanent but almost having the Titans of Tomorrow future come true would be pretty sweet for a while.

batdude123
It obviously has something to do with Darkseid...

pr1983

Kal, Bruce and Diana die and a revived Conner, Tim and Cassie carry on as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Granted, it wouldn't be permanent but almost having the Titans of Tomorrow future come true would be pretty sweet for a while.

that would actually be cool... and leave them dead for a while...

but they would have to go out with a bang...

OB1-adobe
confused

well the tag line is "heroes die...legends live forever", and the whole thing about countdown is the monitors basically killing off extraneous characters.

Some how I have a hunch that they are going to obliterate all of the class c-z charcters, and all we will have left will be the class A & B characters.

Basically all of the charcters in the teams JLA, JSA, TT, and they're personal rogues galleries, and thats going to be it.

Icons, sidekicks, Villanous masterminds, and henchmen

willRules
fear That sounds a bit extreme!!! Killing off all those characters in one story line when one character can be killed off for a whole story line. It seems like a colossal waste sad

Blair Wind

I would rather they do something FINAL (uh I mean Final Crisis and all). Like having Bart be Flash, and not bringing Wally back for a while more (I mean yes I like Wally, but the whole damn Flash mythos has been about passing on the title). ermmnone

And you know they could never REALLY kill any of those three characters. It would serve for a sweet story, and sales would go up at the time of the event, but afterwards? DC wouldnt dare lose their big three.

kenobi
Anybody know what the Final Crisis is all about? I hope that it has to do with the whole Sinestro Corps deal because they have the most powerful team of villains ever assembled. ANy of the characters from that comic are universal threats by themselves. First you have the Anti-Monitor, then Superboy Prime, then Parralax using the power of Ion, and you have Sinestro and his corps, and lastly you have the cyborg. Throw in the Manhunters and that is a universal threat that will take all of Earths heroes and more to combat.

WrathfulDwarf
An analysis...

Superman can't die...it's been done before and failed. He had to come back.

Batman can't die...because there is NO WAY in hell WE the fans will allow Morrison to take advantage of Bruce's death so that he can he put that abomination of Damien as Batman. NO WAY in HELL!

Wonder Woman can't die...killing the hottest and most iconic female character is just not going to work...at all.

Hal Jordan can't die...just like Supes...DC can't kill him twice.

Black Canary...see WW above.

Green Arrow...nah! killed before and if Black Canary is alive so should Ollie.

Captain Marvel....the only way I can see him die is if they allow Mark Waid to write the main storyline and repeats KC all over again. No one wants that..

The Joker and Lex Luthor...YEAH RIGHT! Killing these two is career suicide for DC. Can't kill the bad guys. Especially these two icons.

Possible deaths....

Aquaman (here we go again...)
Martian Manhunter (only because he is very underrated)
Hawkman (hahahaha! this one will be funny)
Black Adam (Isis could betray him....hmmm)
Power Girl (Why not?)

Character that SHOULD die....

Kyle...he's from the 90's....Parallax died before...Hal is back!...yep, he's a goner.

SBP...kill him if he doesn't become a real badass....or goes totally emo during the crisis.

Damien....really $%&*@ die already! Who the hell wants this annoying shit around? Die....DIE!!!!!!!

Validus
Basically DC can't kill any of Wrathful's favorite characters. stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Kill John Stewart. See if it can get him any spotlight when he ends up coming back ermm

Citizen V
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kill John Stewart. See if it can get him any spotlight when he ends up coming back ermm

Stewart's a tool, he could stay dead and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Blair Wind
laughing out loud

Validus
If people got all up in arms that Blue Beetle died, Stewart's death would certainly get a negative reaction.

Seriously speaking, there's no good reason to kill any GL. The brand as a whole is way better and more successful than it ever has been before. Most people have finally gotten past the need to choose between Hal and Kyle.

WrathfulDwarf
Basically DC can't kill any of Wrathful's favorite characters. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
An analysis...

Batman can't die...because there is NO WAY in hell WE the fans will allow Morrison to take advantage of Bruce's death so that he can he put that abomination of Damien as Batman. NO WAY in HELL!

Wonder Woman can't die...killing the hottest and most iconic female character is just not going to work...at all.

Captain Marvel....the only way I can see him die is if they allow Mark Waid to write the main storyline and repeats KC all over again. No one wants that..

The Joker and Lex Luthor...YEAH RIGHT! Killing these two is career suicide for DC. Can't kill the bad guys. Especially these two icons.

Possible deaths....

Power Girl (Why not?)

Kyle...he's from the 90's....Parallax died before...Hal is back!...yep, he's a goner.

SBP...kill him if he doesn't become a real badass....or goes totally emo during the crisis.

Damien....really $%&*@ die already! Who the hell wants this annoying shit around? Die....DIE!!!!!!!

You didn't mention the New Gods......durbeware Or is that basically a lost cause since Starlin seems determined to destroy them, along with the original model for Thanos? stick out tongue

And speaking of Darkseid, anyone think he's manipulating alot of people, possibly to smash the Source Wall and get the ALE? evil face He may even be prepping a way to take down the AM again.

Where the hell is Infinity Man? I haven't seen him since before ZH.

DigiMark007
The Sinestro Corps stuff ends in December....months before the Crisis hits. Anyone else think this means we're all kinda wrong that it's leading to the main Crisis?

Validus
The Sinestro Corps stuff ends in December....months before the Crisis hits. Anyone else think this means we're all kinda wrong that it's leading to the main Crisis?
It's not a direct lead in but it can't help but have repercussions. Too many major players involved (Guardians, Superman Prime, Anti-Monitor, Parallax, Ion).

tjcoady

plus, the way Johns has been talking about it, Sinestro Corps is the first act of a Star Wars like drama... I have a feeling the reprecussions, and the second or third act, are kinda going to be a big deal still by the time Final Crisis rolls around.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
An analysis...

Possible deaths....

Power Girl (Why not?)

I agre. I just can't see DC killing off Bats, Supes or Diana. John Stewart or Guy Gardner, they could be a pssibility. Anyone in tyhe Sinestro Corp, I doubt it, because I think that Sinestro may become a god guy. Maybe kill off Wally West.

pr1983
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Maybe kill off Wally West.

you take that back... mad

apologies to draco, but i'd kill diana...

she is popular, and a good female role model, but i don't see why canary or even someone like power girl couldnt take her place...

make her go out saving everything, and dying in clark or bruce's arms, also bringing the amazons back into DC as they join with the heroes to end the crisis, their reputation somewhat salvaged by diana's sacrifice...

i also think it would give the trinity a new dynamic too, given that the three of them probably expected bruce to be gone first... have bruce or clark realise that they'd always cared for her more than they realised...

people can say she's one of the big three and so on, but imo the GL's have come along way and one of them (probably hal) could muscle in... or at the very least make it a four way split...

bring her back obviously, but leave it a while...

willRules
I think GA might die, but I really hope he doesn't sad

Juntai
I think GA might die, but I really hope he doesn't sad He just got back from being dead like 4 years ago.

Juntai

It wasn't failed. He was never intended to be permanently dead. In fact, they only meant for him to be 'dead' for a few issues until the media blitz happened, and drug it out into one of the best storylines of the mid-90s. Especially if you count how Reign of the Supermen caused Zero Hour to happen.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Juntai
It wasn't failed. He was never intended to be permanently dead. In fact, they only meant for him to be 'dead' for a few issues until the media blitz happened, and drug it out into one of the best storylines of the mid-90s. Especially if you count how Reign of the Supermen caused Zero Hour to happen.

oh the memories big grin

P.S

off topic: I've been watching Lord of the rings again lately.

Does anyone else think the guy that plays worm tongue would have made a great dessad

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You didn't mention the New Gods......durbeware Or is that basically a lost cause since Starlin seems determined to destroy them, along with the original model for Thanos? stick out tongue

I honestly hope that Starlin doesn't turn anyone from New Genesis into a villain. It would suck major balls to find Orion or The Bug turn into an agent of Darkseid. I just couldn't picture Orion backstabbing Highfather.

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I agre. I just can't see DC killing off Bats, Supes or Diana. John Stewart or Guy Gardner, they could be a pssibility. Anyone in tyhe Sinestro Corp, I doubt it, because I think that Sinestro may become a god guy. Maybe kill off Wally West.

Wally won't die. Bart's death is too recent and killing more Flashes for a major event Flashes would just look rather desperate and poor writing.

Many Superman fans did see it as a failure. But it was also a very important event to happen. Supes resurrection did put him on a new level. Good eye on Reigh of Supermen and Zero hour. Supes death help establish for Hank.

Juntai

Many Superman fans did see it as a failure. But it was also a very important event to happen. Supes resurrection did put him on a new level. Good eye on Reigh of Supermen and Zero hour. Supes death help establish for Hank. Hank, Eradicator, Superboy and Steel. Pretty much every event from there until now is because that happened in one way or another.

grey fox
Hank, Eradicator, Superboy and Steel. Pretty much every event from there until now is because that happened in one way or another.

Ahh , but Hank had been established several issues earlier and his whole 'i'm a technopath' thing was hinted at.

DigiMark007
I like how WD keeps going on about the New Gods and we're all like "eh? Are they dead yet or what?"

stick out tongue

grey fox
I like how WD keeps going on about the New Gods and we're all like "eh? Are they dead yet or what?"

stick out tongue

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..........

Are they ?

TricksterPriest

stick out tongue

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..........

Are they ?

May you be trapped in the Source Wall for all time. durcry2 durfist

If Starlin turns it into another Cosmic Odyssey, he's a dead man.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
How about Tim Drake? I'm just throwing this out there a villain like Lex Luthor or Darkseid?

Supermanluv
I read a quite convincing theory that suggested Darksied may have controlled Alex Luthor from the very moment he poured his power through him during COIE, explaining why whenever Alexander Luthors got angry, his eyes glowed red. If you check I.C. you'll see wht I mean. As long as we see a Superman vs Emo Prime rematch, and a Darksied vs the Anti Monitor rematch i'll be very happy. The fact that Morissons writing it means we can expect the unexpected. As long as Granny Goodness or the ****ing Monitors don't turn out to be the main villain i'll be happy.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Supermanluv
I read a quite convincing theory that suggested Darksied may have controlled Alex Luthor from the very moment he poured his power through him during COIE, explaining why whenever Alexander Luthors got angry, his eyes glowed red. If you check I.C. you'll see wht I mean. As long as we see a Superman vs Emo Prime rematch, and a Darksied vs the Anti Monitor rematch i'll be very happy. The fact that Morissons writing it means we can expect the unexpected. As long as Granny Goodness or the ****ing Monitors don't turn out to be the main villain i'll be happy.

woah....... THAT, would be an impressive retcon if they actually did it. Darkseid was responsible for IC........ big grin thumb up It would certainly help clean up some loose ends.

Supermanluv
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
woah....... THAT, would be an impressive retcon if they actually did it. Darkseid was responsible for IC........ big grin thumb up It would certainly help clean up some loose ends.

I think the New C will cause the death of Darksied and the death of the new gods, but they'll probably be resurrected in a similar fashion to the seven soldiers rendition.

Supermanluv
Dan Didio once again hints that current New Gods will be linked to the Seven soldiers rendition.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128569

'Are The Death of the New Gods or Final Crisis related to the ending of Seven Soldiers? According to DiDio, yes. Some elements from the ending of Seven Soldiers will play into the start of Final Crisis.'

DigiMark007
I just read "Hal Jordan: Wanted" today (might've paraphrased the title). Not bad.

It's before the Sinestro Corps War, so it's nothing new, but they seemed to be setting up a 3-way fight between the Sinestro Corps, GLC, and the Sapphire Corps (of Star Saphire fame). At the end, some cloaked figures say they will have all 3 under their control.

Ok, fair enough. But I haven't heard about the Saphire Corps (or whatever they're called) since then. I can understand how they aren't as popular, but it seems like a large plot hole to leave out. Either they dropped it entirely, or they'll be part of the post-Sinestro War stuff with teh GLC.

Validus
I just read "Hal Jordan: Wanted" today (might've paraphrased the title). Not bad.

It's before the Sinestro Corps War, so it's nothing new, but they seemed to be setting up a 3-way fight between the Sinestro Corps, GLC, and the Sapphire Corps (of Star Saphire fame). At the end, some cloaked figures say they will have all 3 under their control.

Ok, fair enough. But I haven't heard about the Saphire Corps (or whatever they're called) since then. I can understand how they aren't as popular, but it seems like a large plot hole to leave out. Either they dropped it entirely, or they'll be part of the post-Sinestro War stuff with teh GLC.
They didn't drop it. The Corps War is the last part of this trilogy. Rebirth --> Sinestro Corps --> Corps War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.