OOR's Top 100 albums of all time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slay

Bardock42
Like it

Kid Kurdy
It sucks. But all "top 100" lists suck of course.

The good news however is that Neil Young gets mentioned a few times.

Funkadelic
It sucks.

What's Going On? is only 25?
WTF?

First Jimi Hendrix album #44?

No Miles Davis? Maggot Brain?

Where the hell is Stevie Wonder's Innervisions?

This list sucks HARD.

And Muse & arctic monkeys in there?

Alpha Centauri
It's arguably that Muse deserve to be in there. They could easily not be, but they are worthy.

-AC

RedAlertv2
There will never be a list like this that everyone agrees with but Id say this one is pretty good.

Funkadelic
the one by Rolling stone was acceptable.
But this one just ain't

Arctic
Get over it, it's all about opinions. All lists like these will be stupid to at least one person.

Solo
That wasn't predictable.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Solo
That wasn't predictable.

Depends. It is quite predictable in a way.

ESB -1138
Where is the Eagles Hotel California? Michael Jackson's Thriller? Billy Joel's The Stranger? Jimi Hendrix? Prince's Purple Rain?

chillmeistergen
Editors being placed higher than the White Stripes? What on earth?

Kram3r
I think Rolling Stones' list was better than this.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Slay
None of you have probably even heard of OOR, but I thought I'd post this list anyway. I like it better than the one in Rolling Stone, despite it having about every The Beatles album ever released.

Psssh. But, of course. big grin

MildPossession
I like Editors, but in a top 100 of all time list...

Whisper
Pretty decent list. No room for Weezer's "Blue" album though? Tsk.

Violent2Dope
No ICP.sad Seriously, the fact that they don't even have Thriller(best selling album in history) makes this list suck.

tabby999

Nellinator
OK Computer for greatest album of all time??? That is almost offensive. There a lot of key albums missing off here that are groundbreaking and worthy of respect whether they are well-liked or not. Purple Rain and Thriller were immediately noticeable absentees. Although most list have a bias to the past I find that this list is far too heavy balanced to more modern music as well.

Then I'm feeling that when they did choose good bands they didn't choose the band's strongest album in many cases. Ex. Superunknown < Badmotorfinger and Purple Rain > Sign 'O' Times.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nellinator
OK Computer for greatest album of all time??? That is almost offensive. There a lot of key albums missing off here that are groundbreaking and worthy of respect whether they are well-liked or not. Purple Rain and Thriller were immediately noticeable absentees. Although most list have a bias to the past I find that this list is far too heavy balanced to more modern music as well.

Then I'm feeling that when they did choose good bands they didn't choose the band's strongest album in many cases. Ex. Superunknown < Badmotorfinger and Purple Rain > Sign 'O' Times.

It's up there imo.

Funkadelic
Sign 'o' the times is so much better than PR.

I'm a big fan and PR is FAR from my favourite album.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's up there imo. I'd agree that it could be top 100. Not top 10 though. It's influence and popularity just aren't there imo. I'd put Bowie before Radiohead because I find that Bowie did most everything Radiohead did earlier and influenced more people and more genres.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.