Mario v.s. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Super Mario 64 Mario v.s. Twilight Princess Link.

Mario has all of his power-ups(Starman can only be used 5 times for 1 min)
Link has all of his power-ups.

Takes place in Mushroom Kingdom.

shin_gear
They would have buttsex like the gay nintendo characters they are.

Sol Valentine
Be serious. Mario is actually a pimp. The Italian Tony Montana.

Now who wins?

shin_gear
No he's a wop lol

Sol Valentine
OK, who wins?

(I know I'm gonna have trouble with this.)

shin_gear
Mario would run away.

Sol Valentine
Mario would stomp him to death.

Shin_Nikkolas
Mario, by all accounts, is physically superior to Link.

Minus the powerups, Mario is both faster and stronger.

The guy not only spends his time wiping out airships and running from bullets, he chucks castles and Bowser with complete ease.

Kero_Co
I agree with shin, plus Mario can fly.

MadMel
mario wins, for the above reasons (minus what shin said, because he's a a spamming idiot)

Superboy Prime
Intangibility for the win.

Too bad this ain't A link to the past Link.

ESB -1138
It doesn't matter what Link we are talking about. Mario wins them all. Heck he'll just need to use one Starman and that's game.

shin_gear
Originally posted by MadMel
mario wins, for the above reasons (minus what shin said, because he's a a spamming idiot) ...........

Rascaduanok
Yes, but Mario dies when he touches an enemy. Link only takes damage.

HonkyTonkMan
Anyone seen Mario Bro Z? Before you mock Mario you should watch that at newgrounds. It's awesome, i'm gonna give this to Mario as he is nintendos Superman where Link is more of the Batman.....Mario wins in a close battle.

Soljer
Mario has five minutes of invincibility/auto kill.

All he has to do is touch link a single time during those five minutes. and the guy can run faster than bullets.

Mario wins.

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope
All Mario does is beat on Bowser, who lets face it, is a joke villain. His star will be useless if Link uses Nayru's love, waits 5 seconds for Mario's star to run out, and plucks him with arrows.

Shin_Nikkolas
Bowser is hardly a joke. The guy has godly militarizing power if you factor all teh times he's conquered the Mushroom Kingdom and then had his forces destroyed yet come right back with more.

He also has mass transmutation power which he used to turn the inhabitants of the Kingdom into those clouds and stuff with smiley faces on them.

He can teleport, survive lava, etc.. He's no slouch.

Shin_Nikkolas
They are only slow to Mario. If they actually looked like they were going the speed of bullets, players couldn't see them, let alone jump over them.

Sol Valentine
Mario can take this.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
All Mario does is beat on Bowser, who lets face it, is a joke villain. His star will be useless if Link uses Nayru's love, waits 5 seconds for Mario's star to run out, and plucks him with arrows.

If you read the first post is says the Star power lasts 1 minute and Mario can use them five times. Nayru's Love would run out waaaaaaaaaay before Mario runs out of Star power.

Mario is faster, stronger, and has far more experience than any Link. Mario has mastered basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, and so many other sports that require you to be in good physical condition. Mario has battled waaaaay more opponents than just Bowser; Count Blek, the Shroom Queen, Wart, the Koopalings, Petey, the Big Boo, Hammer Bros, Chain Chomps, and many, many, many more enemies.

Mario would WTFpwn Link in so many ways it is even funny. Mario is stronger enough to throw Bowser around like he was some boomerang. Heck Link could barely walk with the ball and chain. Link wishes he was Mario.

Sol Valentine
LOLROTFLMAO

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Bowser is hardly a joke. The guy has godly militarizing power if you factor all teh times he's conquered the Mushroom Kingdom and then had his forces destroyed yet come right back with more.

He also has mass transmutation power which he used to turn the inhabitants of the Kingdom into those clouds and stuff with smiley faces on them.

He can teleport, survive lava, etc.. He's no slouch. He's an idiot. Godly military power? What like giant mushrooms and turtles!?laughing out loud Bowser is nothing in the world of videogames villains. Ganon, Liquid Snake, Gouki, Heihachi, and Pyron laugh at him.

Sol Valentine
Heihachi would have a heart attack if he started laughing.

HonkyTonkMan
Bowser's a vet to the badguy world, THE KINGPIN. He would tear Heihachis head, stomp on Liquid, Rape Ganon in the A-Hole and pee all over Pyron. Then he would come up with some ultra evil plan like, squirt oily sh*t all over their homeworlds and pollute it. Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HonkyTonkMan
As for Gouki, he'd show him a Raging Kick in the face. Bowser has few equals, maybe Robotnik can challenge him.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
Bowser's a vet to the badguy world, THE KINGPIN. He would tear Heihachis head, stomp on Liquid, Rape Ganon in the A-Hole and pee all over Pyron. Then he would come up with some ultra evil plan like, squirt oily sh*t all over their homeworlds and polute it. Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha. A. Hehaichi would punch a hole straight thru Bowser-the-Joke, shell and all.
B. Liquid, meh, he may lose to Bowser, tho he is easily the better villain.

C. Ganon is not only a better villain, but is magnitudes more powerful than Bowser. Please, Ganon is one of the few Nintendo villains with competance.

D. Pyron would solo all of Mario world.no expression

E. Bowser can't come up with evil plans, he's a loser who's plan always involves "kidnap the princess" then get's pwned by Mario. He can't plan, he's not even evil, Mario Sunshine shows that. He will always be a joke.

EDIT: Gouki crushes Bowser with ease. HADOUKEN FTMFW!

Sol Valentine
I wanna learn how to do the Shin-Shorydoken.

HonkyTonkMan
Not against this bad boy.

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/ani/ani_all3bowserlook.gif

Huh, can any of those chums breathe fire AND do a Giant stomp in any of their castles. Na-ah. Bowser's awesome. All hail King Bowser.

Violent2Dope
Not against this bad boy.

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/ani/ani_all3bowserlook.gif

Huh, can any of those chums breathe fire AND do a Giant stomp in any of their castles. Na-ah. Bowser's awesome. All hail King Bowser. Pyron IS fire. Cosmic fire. He eats planets, and can grow larger than a galaxy, he could crush one via belly flop. Gouki sunk an island and split Ayers Rock. Ganon corrupted the entirity of the Light Realm to evil, destroyed his castle an inch away from death, resurrects the dead, kills Spirits before he even had Triforce of Power(which are second to Gods in power) and is immortal. Bowser is nothing.

HonkyTonkMan
.......nothing Bowser's incapable of doing.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070523b-l.jpg

Shin_Nikkolas
No. More like he rules an empire full of Bob-ombs. They have enough explosive power to send people to the effin' moon.

Bowser can make the SUN ITSELF attack Mario.

As I said, mass-transmutation power over an entire kingdom.

Teleportation and survival in lava...sorry but Heihachi and Liquid wouldn't l be submerged in lava and be just fine

And Bowser has tanks, airships, submarines and can remake new castles in no time.

Violent2Dope
.......nothing Bowser's incapable of doing.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070523b-l.jpg Now I know you're just trolling me.

HonkyTonkMan
And he has an army of oompa loompas. OOMPALOOMPAS...THE most feared badguy in gaming history. If you didn't jump on them you were as good as gone.

Not only that, Bowsers made guest appearances in Robot Chicken, I don't see Pyron or any of them making it to the 'big' screen.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who else can say they kidnapped a Princess?

HonkyTonkMan
PI-PIKA DEAD!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070703c-l.jpg

Violent2Dope
No. More like he rules an empire full of Bob-ombs. They have enough explosive power to send people to the effin' moon.

Bowser can make the SUN ITSELF attack Mario.

As I said, mass-transmutation power over an entire kingdom.

Teleportation and survival in lava...sorry but Heihachi and Liquid wouldn't l be submerged in lava and be just fine

And Bowser has tanks, airships, submarines and can remake new castles in no time. 1. Big whoopdy doo. Bob Ombs? They are nothing. All one must do is jump on them, then throw them at another one to kill a group. Bowser by no means has a "powerful army".

2.Really? Bowser did that? When was it stated? And dude, that is not THE SUN.

3. Can you refresh my memory about this feat?

4. Bowser only does that cause his natural element is fire. Bowser would still be wtfpwned by everyone I mentioned cept Liquid.

5. Those vehicles are piloted by the same incompetant fools in Bowser's army. They don't even lock the hatches!laughing out loud

Who else can say they kidnapped a Princess? Ganon, and a hotter princess at that.

Rascaduanok

Shin_Nikkolas
Again...blow someone. To the moon. In no time.

And again, submarines and tanks.

It's in the sky.

And it looks like the sun.

Why isn't it the Sun?

Stated in SMB1 Manual that all those clouds and boxes and stuff with faces on them? Bowser turned the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into those.

Liquid Snake would be killed before the fight even started. He's hard to kill but NOTHING he could do would even make Bowser blink.

And O RLY at the fire element thing...Bowser gets hurt if you drop him in lava in SMB1.

A cannon is not slow last I checked.

So, if you want to assume they're slow despite the fact they're not....go right ahead.

And yes, Mario stays fat. But he still excels in all those sports.

Oh and he chucks castles no sweat.

And runs up walls.

And in Mario Galaxy, isn't he jumping from planetoid to planetoid?

HonkyTonkMan
1. Big whoopdy doo. Bob Ombs? They are nothing. All one must do is jump on them, then throw them at another one to kill a group. Bowser by no means has a "powerful army".

2.Really? Bowser did that? When was it stated? And dude, that is not THE SUN.

3. Can you refresh my memory about this feat?

4. Bowser only does that cause his natural element is fire. Bowser would still be wtfpwned by everyone I mentioned cept Liquid.

5. Those vehicles are piloted by the same incompetant fools in Bowser's army. They don't even lock the hatches!laughing out loud

Ganon, and a hotter princess at that.

He also has oompaloompas, walking evil mushrooms with fangs. Seriously, one on one, one could probably beat Liquid. Unless he shoots it...

On Mario 3 on the Desert Levels, the Angry Sun thing that chases you.

Yeah, Bowser may choose to lose against some of them, but he'd beat Heihachi. He'd be like True Ogre+Gon.

The reason he allows them to drive his vehicles is because they are expendable to him. As long as there are bricks for him to jump under and money comes out he's pretty much sussed for life.

Ganon's a piece of sh*t, Zelda wasn't kidnapped, she's a pirate wh*re who went along for the ride........F*ck you Ganon. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Violent2Dope
Again...blow someone. To the moon. In no time.

And again, submarines and tanks.

It's in the sky.

And it looks like the sun.

Why isn't it the Sun?

Stated in SMB1 Manual that all those clouds and boxes and stuff with faces on them? Bowser turned the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into those.

Liquid Snake would be killed before the fight even started. He's hard to kill but NOTHING he could do would even make Bowser blink.

And O RLY at the fire element thing...Bowser gets hurt if you drop him in lava in SMB1.

A cannon is not slow last I checked.

So, if you want to assume they're slow despite the fact they're not....go right ahead.

And yes, Mario stays fat. But he still excels in all those sports.

Oh and he chucks castles no sweat.

And runs up walls.

And in Mario Galaxy, isn't he jumping from planetoid to planetoid? 1. Potentially. They are also slow and easily avoided.

2. Wow, just wow. It's not as big as the sun, it can be killed by a friggin Koopa's shell, if it was killed, Mario would die anyway cause the planet would freeze. IT'S NOT THE SUN!

3. Oh right. Well, if I remember correctly, all of Bowser's magic needs a ritual or sumthin similar and takes some time to perform(like in New Super Mario Bros). He's shown no skill at using magic in fights that I can remember(inlike Ganon, teehee).

4. I even said Liquid had nuthin that puts him above Bowser(cept qualities as a villain). He still has resistance to fire, a normal human would be ash. Also, why is it he bathes in magma in Sunshine? Damn game series inconsistencies!

5. There is nothing AT ALL that says the things in Mario games are slow only because he is fast. He only chuck a castle in gameplay, if he was truly capable of it, he could easily beat Bowser, Smithy, or anything. Smithy, unlike Bowser, was a pretty good villain. And who gives a damn what sports Mario excells at?

Oh and HonkeyTonkMan, if you're gonna troll, don't post.

Shin_Nikkolas
It doesn't look big because it's not supposed to...if it was that big, it would fill the screen too much.

And Mario doesn't operate on real life physics. Just becaus ehe killed the Sun doesn't mean jack. I was just looking at Mario Galaxy and there's a par twhere Mario can run right over the top of a blackhole on little blocks and stuff.

He uses the magic of the Stars in SM64 to amp himself in each fight.

No. He throws the castles in cutscenes after he completes the castles.

HonkyTonkMan
Bowser would beat Heihachi aswell.

Violent2Dope
It doesn't look big because it's not supposed to...if it was that big, it would fill the screen too much.

And Mario doesn't operate on real life physics. Just becaus ehe killed the Sun doesn't mean jack. I was just looking at Mario Galaxy and there's a par twhere Mario can run right over the top of a blackhole on little blocks and stuff.

He uses the magic of the Stars in SM64 to amp himself in each fight.

No. He throws the castles in cutscenes after he completes the castles. 1. So you admit you overhyped the Sun feat. Bowser did not control an actual Star, he controlled that little dinky ball of fire.

2. That's pretty much what I'm saying, he uses outside sources, he can't do real magic on his own.

3. You're right, don't know what I was thinking, but that still doesn't explain why those instances are the only time he uses that monster strength.(those castle btw are not that big when he throws them).

Shin_Nikkolas
No. I was pointing out how your "it's not the sun because it's not that big" BS doesn't work. Mario physics aren't real physics.

I know that and it's obviously the game engine. We do see the castles are quite a bit bigger than Mario when you go inside them...hell, the just eh door is larger than him. And when we play through them, it's obviously they're not small.

Besides that, he effortlessly tosses Bowser and it is Mario's habit to destroy giant stone blocks.

Violent2Dope
No. I was pointing out how your "it's not the sun because it's not that big" BS doesn't work. Mario physics aren't real physics.

I know that and it's obviously the game engine. We do see the castles are quite a bit bigger than Mario when you go inside them...hell, the just eh door is larger than him. And when we play through them, it's obviously they're not small.

Besides that, he effortlessly tosses Bowser and it is Mario's habit to destroy giant stone blocks. 1. I know, but saying he controlled an actual real lifelike star is ludicrous.

2.I know Mario has superhuman strength, but he is not class 100, which is what it would take to toss a castle.

Shin_Nikkolas
Prove he isn't Class 100. He DID toss the castle and we do know the castle is rather larger than Mario.

Violent2Dope
Prove he isn't Class 100. He DID toss the castle and we do know the castle is rather larger than Mario. Because he has NEVER shown strength like that any other time in ANY other videogame or ANY scene. If he is that strong, he would have easily crushed Bowser. If he was that strong, he could easily SOLO Smithy. He's not that strong, period.

Shin_Nikkolas
He's beaten Bowser several times now. Bowser with magic stars and flying cars and all sorts of things.

Sol Valentine
Before you guys continue, do not start flaming each other.

ESB -1138
Because he has NEVER shown strength like that any other time in ANY other videogame or ANY scene. If he is that strong, he would have easily crushed Bowser. If he was that strong, he could easily SOLO Smithy. He's not that strong, period.

Alright let's see in a cutscene for Super Mario World we see Mario with his bare hands turn a castle into rubble. Mario also Mario throws a castle away, throws Bowser around like a doll, throws the King Bob-omb around like a toy, and even shows to be capable of overpowering a Chain Chomp.

Link has nothing on Mario. Nothing Link has done can even remotely close to what Mario has accomplished.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Alright let's see in a cutscene for Super Mario World we see Mario with his bare hands turn a castle into rubble. Mario also Mario throws a castle away, throws Bowser around like a doll, throws the King Bob-omb around like a toy, and even shows to be capable of overpowering a Chain Chomp.

Link has nothing on Mario. Nothing Link has done can even remotely close to what Mario has accomplished. Only in Super Mario World does Mario show the power to lift or pummel a castle to rubble, nowhere else does he dhow that strength. He doesn't throw Bowser like a doll, he can't even lift him over his head, he has to build momentum by swinging him around by the tail to throw him a good distance. When he lifts King Bob Omb, he can barely walk, and can't throw him that far. When has he actually overpowered a Chain Chomp? You mean that thing in Sunshine? I wouldn't call that overpowering, but that's probably his best legit strength feat.

MadMel
BS!!
all his feats are feats, no matter whether he did them one one game or 20
SMW is cannon, therefore, his feats are cannon
no amount of "thats not legit cuz its only from one game blah blah blah" can change the facts..

Violent2Dope
BS!!
all his feats are feats, no matter whether he did them one one game or 20
SMW is cannon, therefore, his feats are cannon
no amount of "thats not legit cuz its only from one game blah blah blah" can change the facts.. It's not legit because if he is able to lift a castle, why can he barely lift King Bob Omb and Bowser?

MadMel
why can spiderman lift a train but not knock doc ocks head off??
unsloved mystery, but it still counts erm

Violent2Dope
why can spiderman lift a train but not knock doc ocks head off??
unsloved mystery, but it still counts erm Actually, I know why. He pulls his punches when fighting nonsuperhuman peoples. Unless of course you mean the movie, in that he didn't stop a train with pure strength, he used many thick ropes of spiderweb(which is stronger than steel) to stop it, he only used his arms to hold onto the web, and was knocked out after stopping the train.

MadMel
no, in the comics he lifted a single train carriage
besides, i could say the same about mario, as he doesnt want to kill his enemies either..

Shin_Nikkolas
Because he's pulling his punches?:

smile

ESB -1138
Actually, I know why. He pulls his punches when fighting nonsuperhuman peoples. Unless of course you mean the movie, in that he didn't stop a train with pure strength, he used many thick ropes of spiderweb(which is stronger than steel) to stop it, he only used his arms to hold onto the web, and was knocked out after stopping the train.

SMW is canon and everything in that game is canon. And still Mario building momentum to throw Bowser is still more than Link has done. Bowser still weighs like a ton or two.

Rascaduanok

ZeroX
WELL HE IS PRETTY FAT BUT HE IS DOES NOT WEIGH MORE THAN BOWSER

Sol Valentine
No need for caps.

ZeroX
i forgot to take it for the last time

MadMel

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
SMW is canon and everything in that game is canon. And still Mario building momentum to throw Bowser is still more than Link has done. Bowser still weighs like a ton or two. And those two feats contradict eachother, matter of fact all of Mario's other feats of strength contradict the SMW ones too. Oh, and btw, TP Link picked up a bigass Goron(bigger than Bowser actually), and tossed said Goron into magma.

SnazzySmurph
I love Mario, but I'd like to clear some stuff up...

People, you have to balance out. Yes, Mario's been shown to toss castles before, but in SSBM, Captain Falcon and Shiek are able to shoot multiple stars from a star rod. Why?

Because, of all of the original, non-unlockable characters, Nintendo said, according to stats, they (in that order) are the strongest.

Instances like these are contradictory... Mario's also been shown to heft Bowser and toss him around, but not with ridiculous ease... balance, people... find some middle ground.

However, Mario is probably a lot closer to Class 10, if that. Possibly lower... which is fine on its own. That's > 20, 000 pounds, iirc. Which is enough to beat Link to death with, say, a sports car. no expression

Anyways... Mario wins on stats easily, destructive power, fighting prowess and experience, and items, by far.

Mario wins.

MadMel
thats because SSB is not cannon
they arent really mario and kirby and all the others, just trophys that come to life
think about it
kirby is 8 inches tall, but in SSB, hes up to bowser knee...does that mean bowser is only 20-30 inches tall?

SnazzySmurph
thats because SSB is not cannon
they arent really mario and kirby and all the others, just trophys that come to life
think about it
kirby is 8 inches tall, but in SSB, hes up to bowser knee...does that mean bowser is only 20-30 inches tall? I'm talking about how Nintendo layed out the stats, but fine.

However, if Mario was a class 100, he'd be capable of tossing Bowser across many miles... erm

That is CLEARLY not demonstrated by his games...

Violent2Dope
Exactly, asnd one thing to point out, TP Link at least equals Mario in strength, and Mario DOES NOT have Link beat on equipment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.