The Mighty Galactus Vs Yuga Khan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sandai Kitetsu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Utrigita
Galactus

(what is such a thread called spite confused )

quanchi112
galactus cant lose. he slaughters yuga khan. poor yuga.

Sandai Kitetsu
Galactus allegedly can't defeat the fourth world pantheon, but Yuga Khan.

Utrigita
No I think you got it wrong Sandai, what Darth Groober (ore whoever it was) said was that Galactus doesn't have the ability to cut of the Source from the new gods.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tie.

guy222
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galactus FTW

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Tie. laughing

Your telling me that Yuga can stalemate a high-level abstract?

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing

Your telling me that Yuga can stalemate a high-level abstract?

yugah Khan is a PROMETHEAN Giant. And the most powerful one of all. And Galactus is not a high lvl abstract. Ares witht he God Wave universal. Takion held ares back for a while before his life ended. Takion=Sfy Father. DS>>>>>>>>>>>Takion. Yugah khan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS. The math is simple. As a matter of fact, yugah>>>>>>>All of the new gods combined.

quanchi112
yugah Khan is a PROMETHEAN Giant. And the most powerful one of all. And Galactus is not a high lvl abstract. do u know what galactus is capable of. especially if he is well fed. wow would he stomp yuga who has no great combat feats at all.

Sandai Kitetsu
yugah Khan is a PROMETHEAN Giant. And the most powerful one of all. And Galactus is not a high lvl abstract.

And, Galactus is a High-Level abstract, what's your point?

nvrbeenwthagirl
And, Galactus is a High-Level abstract, what's your point?

Galactus is no high lvl abstract. High lvl abstracts do not get thier asses handed to them as much as Galactus does. Thanos, a low skyfather lvl being knocking a high lvl abstract on thier ass? laughing high lvl abstracts would be Multi-Eternity, Multi-Death, Ect.

Sandai Kitetsu
Galactus is no high lvl abstract. High lvl abstracts do not get thier asses handed to them as much as Galactus does.

Galactus isn't jobbing in this fight, nvr.

Thanos, a low skyfather lvl being knocking a high lvl abstract on thier ass? laughing high lvl abstracts would be Multi-Eternity, Multi-Death, Ect.

We debated this before, Galactus is acknowledge by LT to be a necessary for the survival of the universe. He has the powers of eternity's predecessor and his death would unleash Abarax into the universe. Are you telling me that he is not High ranking, when he's acknowledge to be?

Tyrant could beat yuga.

quanchi112
Galactus is no high lvl abstract. High lvl abstracts do not get thier asses handed to them as much as Galactus does. Thanos, a low skyfather lvl being knocking a high lvl abstract on thier ass? laughing high lvl abstracts would be Multi-Eternity, Multi-Death, Ect. again yuga could do nothing to a high level abstract. prove that yuga could do a thing to galactus. galactus really destroys him when he wants to.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus isn't jobbing in this fight, nvr.

We debated this before, Galactus is acknowledge by LT to be a necessary for the survival of the universe. He has the powers of eternity's predecessor and his death would unleash Abarax into the universe. Are you telling me that he is not High ranking, when he's acknowledge to be?

Tyrant could beat yuga.
Galactus does NOT have the powers of the previous eternity. He isn't infinityly powerful. And he's not a high lvl abstract. he may be important to the universe, but hell so is darksied. you take DS out of the time stream, and it collapses. So becuz the Lt notices Galan, it makes him high lvl? The source protects DS from death, does this also then make DS high lvl abstract? No. To either. Galactus and Yugah are pretty much the same lvl. Hell, yugah absorbs life energies of planets even faster than Big G. And yugah has the advantage of being able to tap the limitless might of the source should he choose. This is a stalemate. Or It's a popularity contest.

quanchi112
Galactus does NOT have the powers of the previous eternity. He isn't infinityly powerful. And he's not a high lvl abstract. he may be important to the universe, but hell so is darksied. you take DS out of the time stream, and it collapses. So becuz the Lt notices Galan, it makes him high lvl? The source protects DS from death, does this also then make DS high lvl abstract? No. To either. Galactus and Yugah are pretty much the same lvl. Hell, yugah absorbs life energies of planets even faster than Big G. And yugah has the advantage of being able to tap the limitless might of the source should he choose. This is a stalemate. Or It's a popularity contest. yuga isnt depowering galactus. so galactus is curbstomping yuga into oblivion. galactus is at least 3 times as powerful as darkseid imo. darkseid has power to defeat him so galactus has power to obliterate him.

Sandai Kitetsu
Galactus does NOT have the powers of the previous eternity. He isn't infinityly powerful. And he's not a high lvl abstract. he may be important to the universe, but hell so is darksied. you take DS out of the time stream, and it collapses. So becuz the Lt notices Galan, it makes him high lvl? The source protects DS from death, does this also then make DS high lvl abstract? No. To either. Galactus and Yugah are pretty much the same lvl. Hell, yugah absorbs life energies of planets even faster than Big G. And yugah has the advantage of being able to tap the limitless might of the source should he choose. This is a stalemate. Or It's a popularity contest.

What are you talking about, Galactus is one of the three fundemental forces of the universe. Ds being protected by the source is not the same as being consider a force that is part of the universe. And, yes he does have the previous eternity's power.

Yes, since LT is an omniveral being that only acknowledges beings who are fundemental or threats to the omniverse. Galan is such a being, hecan destroy the universe Ten times over at full power.

Absorbing planets faster, who cares. Galactus is not in a hurry when he absorbs planets, mane. What does eating a planet faster prove?

Galactus is not jobbing in this fight, so your low end feats are caputz. We know Galatus has been acknowledge by the cosmic heirarchy as being more powerful. As for tapping into the source, Galactus doesn't need to worry because UN>Source.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What are you talking about, Galactus is one of the three fundemental forces of the universe. Ds being protected by the source is not the same as being consider a force that is part of the universe. And, yes he does have the previous eternity's power.

Yes, since LT is an omniveral being that only acknowledges beings who are fundemental or threats to the omniverse. Galan is such a being, hecan destroy the universe Ten times over at full power.

Absorbing planets faster, who cares. Galactus is not in a hurry when he absorbs planets, mane.

Since when Can galactus destroy the universe ten times over? Where is this full power Galactus you speak of? Why is he less powerful than eternity or death? You are giving these "examples". Tell me when Galactus has destroyed one universe in the current timeline with no tampering. And the previous eternity would have been infinite in power correct? Why does Galactus need to feed if he has infinite power? As i said, this is a stalemate if Big G is up to his full power as in just eaten a planet. And Now I know you dont' really know too much about DC. you have the nerve to say the UN>The source. LMAO.

Sandai Kitetsu
Since when Can galactus destroy the universe ten times over?

Since the watcher said so.

Where is this full power Galactus you speak of? Why is he less powerful than eternity or death? You are giving these "examples". Tell me when Galactus has destroyed one universe in the current timeline with no tampering.

Again, why would he if he's essential to it's survival?

And the previous eternity would have been infinite in power correct? Why does Galactus need to feed if he has infinite power? As i said, this is a stalemate if Big G is up to his full power as in just eaten a planet. And Now I know you dont' really know too much about DC. you have the nerve to say the UN>The source. LMAO.

No, eternity does not possess infinite power and he only has a portion of his powers. Yes, Un>>Source.

rico777
i believe that in the end galactus should take Yuga...

but the UN is not greater than the source.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since the watcher said so.

Again, why would he if he's essential to it's survival?

I never said he has infinite power, I said Un>Source.

Metron says Yugah Blinks and he destroys civilations. And you called it hyperbole. So pardon me if I find you a lil bit hypocritcal by using The watchers words. And you dont' know anything about the source do you? you know that the spectre merged with the source and become God. FAIL. Source>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN.

Sandai Kitetsu
Metron says Yugah Blinks and he destroys civilations. And you called it hyperbole. So pardon me if I find you a lil bit hypocritcal by using The watchers words. And you dont' know anything about the source do you? you know that the spectre merged with the source and become God. FAIL. Source>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN.

Because it is Hyperbole, and you like to use thee word God loosely.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Because it is Hyperbole, and you like to use thee word God loosely. So it's hyperbole for metron to say it, but it's ok for a watcher? you are very very biased. Yugah has the feats to back it up. I've never seen Galactus destroy a universe in one fell swoop. Let alone ten universes.

Sandai Kitetsu
It's Hyperbole because all you guys have as feats are narratives. I'm sure Yuga Khan can easily destroy a civilization. but, not in the way the narrator is putting it. Galactus has the power of "Eternity of sentience", he's a universal being.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's Hyperbole because all you guys have as feats are narratives. I'm sure Yuga Khan can easily destroy a civilization. but, not in the way the narrator is putting it. Galactus has the power of "Eternity of sentience", he's a universal being.

So basically you are just being biased. Becuz Yugah Just touched the planet and it was gone. Metron, Who is one of the smartest and most knowing beings in all of comics says that Yugah can blink and destroy civilations and you say it's hyperbole. When A watcher says something it's true? Really now. what exactly are you doing? Being hyppocritical.

TricksterPriest
It's extremely biased. Nvr is correct. You cannot hold the statements of the Watchers to be true, and Metron's to be hyperbole. The two characters are roughly equivalent in that almost everything they say is without bias and an expert opinion.

Sandai Kitetsu
I'm not bias, but if you want to mention ridiculous Hyperbole be my guest. I will do the same:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/ Galactus%20Respect%20Thread%20I%20The%20Power%20of
%20Galactus/008-Merestwhisper-FFv1210.jpg

Galactus can cause the cosmos to tremble in a whisper.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not bias, but if you want to mention ridiculous Hyperbole be my guest. I will do the same:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/ Galactus%20Respect%20Thread%20I%20The%20Power%20of
%20Galactus/008-Merestwhisper-FFv1210.jpg

Galactus can cause the cosmos to tremble in a whisper.

Exactly what is the cosmos? smile

Sandai Kitetsu
Exactly what is the cosmos? smile
The Universe: the word is derived from the Greek, meaning 'everything'.
www.aoe.com.au/astronomical_glossary.html

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Universe: the word is derived from the Greek, meaning 'everything'.
www.aoe.com.au/astronomical_glossary.html

Then why not just use the Universe? Cosmos is used in comics to describe something ambiguous. A feat, but not quite universal, but more than planetary. Somewhere inbetween. Leaves much room.

Sandai Kitetsu
Then why not just use the Universe? Cosmos is used in comics to describe something ambiguous. A feat, but not quite universal, but more than planetary. Somewhere inbetween. Leaves much room.

Cosmos mean universe, it's a synonym just like dimension. How the hell is saying "Cosmos" ambiguous?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cosmos mean universe, it's a synonym just like dimension. How the hell is saying "Cosmos" ambiguous?

Cosmos can mean the galaxy. It's very ambiguous. It's not saying much. At any rate, Most agree this is a stalemate. It's pretty obvious.

Sandai Kitetsu
Cosmos can mean the galaxy.

Bullshit, Cosmos means universe.

It's very ambiguous. It's not saying much.

What more can it say, it's funny that you've gone that route just to make your point. Yuga blinking out civilizations is no different from galactus shaking the cosmos with a whisper.

At any rate, Most agree this is a stalemate. It's pretty obvious.

Nope, Galactus pwns him. Yuga is not even in the same league as him.

kevdude
About equal. No the UN does not equal The Source and never will..

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by kevdude
About equal. No the UN does not equal The Source and never will..

Because it's superior.

kevdude
Because it's superior.

What is superior to what?? confused

Sandai Kitetsu
What is superior to what?? confused

Galactus's power>Source

Takion
Umm, How well fed is Galactus? I can Yuga holding his own against a starving one.

kevdude
Galactus's power>Source

Umm No, The Source is beyond everything, its The Creator's power. You don't read DC much??

Sandai Kitetsu
Umm No, The Source is beyond everything, its The Creator's power. You don't read DC much??

I don't read much New Gods related material. Saying the source is beyond everything does not tell me much.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't read much New Gods related material. Saying the source is beyond everything does not tell me much.

The Godwave, just a portion of power from the source, was enough power for Ares to literally remake the universe in his own image if he so chose. Cronos with the Godwave was going to destroy all of heaven. And even touched the presence. The Source, powers, the quantum universe, the same power that captain atom could use to remake the universe. It powers OA, the same multiversal power of ION, Parallax, ect. It's power is so great that it can thwart the will of the spectre. It is akin to Michael's power. I believe the two are evenly matched. THe UN's limit has been shown to be multiversal in power. The Source is literally beyond everything as stated. One person even noted that if the source dies, Everything dies. I believe It and micheal are one and the same or aspects of the same being.

quanchi112
The Godwave, just a portion of power from the source, was enough power for Ares to literally remake the universe in his own image if he so chose. Cronos with the Godwave was going to destroy all of heaven. And even touched the presence. The Source, powers, the quantum universe, the same power that captain atom could use to remake the universe. It powers OA, the same multiversal power of ION, Parallax, ect. It's power is so great that it can thwart the will of the spectre. It is akin to Michael's power. I believe the two are evenly matched. THe UN's limit has been shown to be multiversal in power. The Source is literally beyond everything as stated. One person even noted that if the source dies, Everything dies. I believe It and micheal are one and the same or aspects of the same being. the source is greater than the un for sure. not up for debate. but galactus definitely crushes yuga here. its not the un vs the source in power level. its big g whipping yugas ass here.

Shin_Nikkolas
Galactus can also devour entire pocket dimensions. Didn't he start to do it to Mephisto's Realm?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Galactus can also devour entire pocket dimensions. Didn't he start to do it to Mephisto's Realm? The Old God's Destroyed the 3rd world, which supercedes all of the multiverse, and yet, Yugah Survived.

Shin_Nikkolas
Good for him.

But since you overrate the New Gods like good ol' Jimmy-San, I'd like a scan saying the Old Gods destroyed a multiverse.

quanchi112
Good for him.

But since you overrate the New Gods like good ol' Jimmy-San, I'd like a scan saying the Old Gods destroyed a multiverse. never had the pleasure of reading a jimmy san post but nver does overrtae the new gods thats for sure.

im waiting on this scan to.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good for him.

But since you overrate the New Gods like good ol' Jimmy-San, I'd like a scan saying the Old Gods destroyed a multiverse.

Check the Yugah respec thread. Trickster posted the scan of what the universes look like to the new gods.

Space M ummy
Check the Yugah respec thread. Trickster posted the scan of what the universes look like to the new gods.

I can't believe this debate is going on for three pages.

Galactus is not evil, and ALWAYS holds back in his showings. He most certainly does have the ability to eliminate the universe several times over, but it's never been shown because Galactus is not evil, and it's not his role to do so. He only destroys what's necessary, when necessary- unlike someone like Darkseid or Imperiex who went all out attempting to destroy the universe and failed.

Roma can (and has) destroyed a universe with her tech. It's beyond ridiculous to say that Galactus can't.

Saying "well I've never seen it on panel" is equivalent to saying that superman can't beat up a third grader, because no one's ever bothered to show it. It should be obvious but it'll never happen because that would be out of character and stupid.

The closest we've come to seeing the full power of galactus unleashed is when Reed used the Nullifier to eliminate and remake the entire marvel multiverse. Not ONE universe- tens of thousands. Simultaneously. In an instant.

And that's only a fraction of the full power of Galactus. Nothing shown by any of the new gods including Yuga khan is anywhere NEAR this powerful.

Erik-Lensherr
I'm actually in shock that somebody actually said UN > Source blink

kevdude
I'm surpised someone said "darkseid and imperiex failed to destroy the universe". for 1, Darkseid wants to rule it not destroy it. 2. Imperiex didn't really fail in his task as he was sent to the big bang and released his energy with it setting off 2 big bangs.

h1a8
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I can't believe this debate is going on for three pages.

Galactus is not evil, and ALWAYS holds back in his showings. He most certainly does have the ability to eliminate the universe several times over, but it's never been shown because Galactus is not evil, and it's not his role to do so. He only destroys what's necessary, when necessary- unlike someone like Darkseid or Imperiex who went all out attempting to destroy the universe and failed.

Roma can (and has) destroyed a universe with her tech. It's beyond ridiculous to say that Galactus can't.

Saying "well I've never seen it on panel" is equivalent to saying that superman can't beat up a third grader, because no one's ever bothered to show it. It should be obvious but it'll never happen because that would be out of character and stupid.

The closest we've come to seeing the full power of galactus unleashed is when Reed used the Nullifier to eliminate and remake the entire marvel multiverse. Not ONE universe- tens of thousands. Simultaneously. In an instant.

And that's only a fraction of the full power of Galactus. Nothing shown by any of the new gods including Yuga khan is anywhere NEAR this powerful.

Forgive me for this but you used some very terrible logic here. Superman can beat up a third grader because we all know relevant upper bounds for a third grader (non bullet proof, less than 20mph, less than 500lbs strength, etc.) and superman has shown on panel to exceed those upperbounds. Galactus hasn't shown to have the power to destroy a universe (only through hyperbole). So how is it beyond ridiculous to say he can't. Because the watcher says so and it is beyond ridiculous to believe him?

And if the UN is only a fraction of the full power of Galactus then why is it the only known object in the universe capable of inspiring fear in him.
Totally illogical.

Lastly the UN is not part of Galactus' power. Yes it is an aspect of him but still a seperate entity. But whether he uses it as a weapon against Khan is up to the OP. I think his intentions were plain Galactus vs. Yugah Khan.

Sandai Kitetsu
It's funny that people are calling hyperbole on Galactus, but Yuga's "blinking out civilizations" is not.

quanchi112
It's funny that people are calling hyperbole on Galactus, but Yuga's "blinking out civilizations" is not. cuz alot of people on here jus love the new gods. even when doomsday soloed apokolips now by himself. an idiot took down a whole planet.

laughing just laugh with me at this poor poor showing of the new gods.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
cuz alot of people on here jus love the new gods. even when doomsday soloed apokolips now by himself. an idiot took down a whole planet.

laughing just laugh with me at this poor poor showing of the new gods.

Like How DS can now create alternate universes? confused Or how he can animate 6 billion humans and create and earth inside a black hole? roll eyes (sarcastic) How he can wave his hand and defeat a Top tier Orion and very powerful Firestorm? eek! Or How he reached into the universes Fire matrix and just pulled stein out? confused Or how about when highfather, Orion, and DS contributed enough power to destroy 3/5th's of a universe? Or Orion's Galaxy busting astro force. Or the power of the Genesis box. Or Granny Goodness and her lil demons pwning the skyfather level greek pantheon. Yes, they do have some poor showings indeed. Let's not even get into how Takion held the power of the God wave at bay or how the New Gods create twisted universes in thier own images. Or how one threw the magnetic flow of a 100 galaxies at superman. yeah, They just suck.

quanchi112
Like How DS can now create alternate universes? confused Or how he can animate 6 billion humans and create and earth inside a black hole? roll eyes (sarcastic) How he can wave his hand and defeat a Top tier Orion and very powerful Firestorm? eek! Or How he reached into the universes Fire matrix and just pulled stein out? confused Or how about when highfather, Orion, and DS contributed enough power to destroy 3/5th's of a universe? Or Orion's Galaxy busting astro force. Or the power of the Genesis box. Or Granny Goodness and her lil demons pwning the skyfather level greek pantheon. Yes, they do have some poor showings indeed. Let's not even get into how Takion held the power of the God wave at bay or how the New Gods create twisted universes in thier own images. Or how one threw the magnetic flow of a 100 galaxies at superman. yeah, They just suck. the cant influence the reg dc universe outside a plot device or so. so what about their little mini crappy universes. what about when ds got worked by raker. submitted to superman or got blasted into the source wall. what about this. ds is one of the greatest new gods yet he loses to beings he should win against. what gives?

nvrbeenwthagirl
the cant influence the reg dc universe outside a plot device or so. so what about their little mini crappy universes. what about when ds got worked by raker. submitted to superman or got blasted into the source wall. what about this. ds is one of the greatest new gods yet he loses to beings he should win against. what gives?

I already agreed with you, even with all of thier power, they suck. They are weak, even light ray who can create multiple suns' heat is just pathetic. They all suck. The entire new god race would lose to spiderman.

llagrok
Galactus is no high lvl abstract. High lvl abstracts do not get thier asses handed to them as much as Galactus does. Thanos, a low skyfather lvl being knocking a high lvl abstract on thier ass? laughing high lvl abstracts would be Multi-Eternity, Multi-Death, Ect.

Don't be retarded now.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Don't be retarded now.

Excuse me? Galactus is NOT a high lvl abstract. He's important to the universe and even the multiverse, but he's not an abstract, and he's not high lvl. He's not even universal in power. Come again?

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Don't be retarded now. do not insult him. bad form prove him wrong with ur points but dont insult him.

Sandai Kitetsu
He's not even universal in power.

Jesus, your wrong.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by h1a8
Forgive me for this but you used some very terrible logic here. Superman can beat up a third grader because we all know relevant upper bounds for a third grader (non bullet proof, less than 20mph, less than 500lbs strength, etc.) and superman has shown on panel to exceed those upperbounds. Galactus hasn't shown to have the power to destroy a universe (only through hyperbole). So how is it beyond ridiculous to say he can't. Because the watcher says so and it is beyond ridiculous to believe him?

And if the UN is only a fraction of the full power of Galactus then why is it the only known object in the universe capable of inspiring fear in him.
Totally illogical.

Lastly the UN is not part of Galactus' power. Yes it is an aspect of him but still a seperate entity. But whether he uses it as a weapon against Khan is up to the OP. I think his intentions were plain Galactus vs. Yugah Khan.

Well, the same can be said for your argument. Space Mummy drew comparisons between motivation/rationalization of the characters:we've never seen superman destroy a third grader because it's not in his nature. Can he? Yes. But by your argument, you take out superman from the equation. ANYONE can beat up a third grader so long as they exceed the "upper-bounds" of a third-grader...you've removed superman entirely from the analysis. The question should be instead: Heroic Superman is shown to beat up a third grader willingly and with purpose, under his own untampered will. How do you explain this in the context of the story? You've now proven on panel with feats showing superman hospitalizing this child to the point of near-death. How do you explain this in the story? Do you think we'll ever see this situation in a superman comic?

Galactus has never been shown to destroy the universe willingly (he has destroyed a universe once, but that was under extremely diresituations. This should give an inkling of how severe the situation must be for Galactus to resort to destroying the universe) because it's not in his nature. The same applies here.

llagrok
Excuse me? Galactus is NOT a high lvl abstract. He's important to the universe and even the multiverse, but he's not an abstract, and he's not high lvl. He's not even universal in power. Come again?

Thanos knocking Galactus on his ass.

That's retarded, because he is an abstract and doesn't have an ass.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Well, the same can be said for your argument. Space Mummy drew comparisons between motivation/rationalization of the characters:we've never seen superman destroy a third grader because it's not in his nature. Can he? Yes. But by your argument, you take out superman from the equation. ANYONE can beat up a third grader so long as they exceed the "upper-bounds" of a third-grader...you've removed superman entirely from the analysis. The question should be instead: Heroic Superman is shown to beat up a third grader willingly and with purpose, under his own untampered will. How do you explain this in the context of the story? You've now proven on panel with feats showing superman hospitalizing this child to the point of near-death. How do you explain this in the story? Do you think we'll ever see this situation in a superman comic?

Galactus has never been shown to destroy the universe willingly (he has destroyed a universe once, but that was under extremely diresituations. This should give an inkling of how severe the situation must be for Galactus to resort to destroying the universe) because it's not in his nature. The same applies here.

When has Galactus destroyed a universe once under his own power?
Scans please and issue # please.
To prove one has the power to do something requires proofs on what they have done. It is illogical to say that since something is not in a character's personality then they certainly have the power to do it, they just won't. For they probably can't do it even if it was in the personality of that character. For example, Superman doesn't want to destroy the universe. That doesn't mean he can just because he doesn't want to.

Now probably Galactus can destroy a universe under his own power. But we don't know this and thus 'Galactus is able to destroy a universe' can't be used as a premise to show that he can win against a character. That is all I'm saying.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by h1a8
When has Galactus destroyed a universe once under his own power?
Scans please and issue # please.
To prove one has the power to do something requires proofs on what they have done. It is illogical to say that since something is not in a character's personality then they certainly have the power to do it, they just won't. For they probably can't do it even if it was in the personality of that character. For example, Superman doesn't want to destroy the universe. That doesn't mean he can just because he doesn't want to.

Now probably Galactus can destroy a universe under his own power. But we don't know this and thus 'Galactus is able to destroy a universe' can't be used as a premise to show that he can win against a character. That is all I'm saying.

The most we have with that is watcher giving testimony that Galactus has the capability. Given that watchers, by their nature, are keen observers with keen logical who are factual by nature, that is the only direct proxy we have. The difference here between that and your Superman example concerning the universe is that Superman has never been given acknowledgement of having the power to destroy the universe. It also is a not a scope within which superman functions (Galactus functions within a universal scope, at times a multiversal scope vs. superman operating on planetary scope, at times a solar-system scope)

That being said, this is the only time that Galactus resorts to wiping out a universe.

(from galactus respect thread)

I don't remember if Galactus used the UN or not for this. I'll have to check and confirm. from the black celestial story-arc, FF 337-341

Sandai Kitetsu
It's funny that people are arguing wether galactus can destro a universe or not when:

-The Ultimate nullifier can, and that's his creation
-Has been stated by the watcher
-He functions at a universal level
-Has been stated to be on eternity's level
-That scan
-Has the previous eternity's power

Galactus destroy's Yuga and the New Gods

quanchi112
It's funny that people are arguing wether galactus can destro a universe or not when:

-That scan

Galactus destroy's Yuga and the New Gods galactus would decimate yuga. no way yuga wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl

-That scan

Galactus destroy's Yuga and the New Gods

It's funny that you are arguing against Yugah Khan when Yugah can tap the source better than anyone in the history of comics other than the Spectre. Source>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN

quanchi112
It's funny that you are arguing against Yugah Khan when Yugah can tap the source better than anyone in the history of comics other than the Spectre. Source>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN doesnt matter. yuga loses. and badly.

dont compare yuga to galactus. galactus trumps him in power.

I love DC
bump

TrollDog
G-Spot

I love DC
Originally posted by TrollDog
G-Spot eek!

quanchi112
Galactus still wins this with ease.

llagrok
It's funny that you are arguing against Yugah Khan when Yugah can tap the source better than anyone in the history of comics other than the Spectre. Source>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN

A source that's "better"?

It might be unlimited, but that won't make a difference.

guy222
Big G

Bentley
Originally posted by guy222
Big G

You voted already in this thread Guy!

Dark-Jaxx
Galactus easily, Yuga is at BEST an extremely low level Abstract.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Galactus easily, Yuga is at BEST an extremely low level Abstract. and you came up with this how? reasoning? opinion? i think that's it. opinion.

I love DC
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Galactus easily, Yuga is at BEST an extremely low level Abstract. Yuga is powerful but nowhere near as powerful as Galactus

the Darkone
Originally posted by Tenebrous
The most we have with that is watcher giving testimony that Galactus has the capability. Given that watchers, by their nature, are keen observers with keen logical who are factual by nature, that is the only direct proxy we have. The difference here between that and your Superman example concerning the universe is that Superman has never been given acknowledgement of having the power to destroy the universe. It also is a not a scope within which superman functions (Galactus functions within a universal scope, at times a multiversal scope vs. superman operating on planetary scope, at times a solar-system scope)

That being said, this is the only time that Galactus resorts to wiping out a universe.

(from galactus respect thread)

I don't remember if Galactus used the UN or not for this. I'll have to check and confirm. from the black celestial story-arc, FF 337-341

It was under his own powers, not UN.

Hudsonda
When Khan broke free of his planet prison the Universe trembled. He destroyed entire civilizations to power up, and he did it within seconds of each other, unlike Galactus who has to go looking.

Also, the New Gods are stated to be more powerful than the old gods including Thor, Odin, Zeus and so on. Khan was more powerful than all of the New Gods put together.

Galactus has never been shown to be able to destroy primal energy, without that he cannot even hurt Khan.

A full blast from Galactus wasn't shown to hurt Darkseid,I (it merely burned the clothes he wears) Darkseid couldn't hurt galactus.

You have to remember that the writers specifically stated that Khan had to be a short lived character because he was an unstoppable force that could only be defeated by his ambitions.

Rip Khan from the God Wall and let him suck up some planets and he'll be a match for Galactus.

I call it a tie with neither one being able to seriously injure the other.

guy222
Still G

Golgo13
I'll go with Galactus on this one.

Diesldude
galactus is at least 3 times as powerful as darkseid imo. darkseid has power to defeat him so galactus has power to obliterate him.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
laughing out loud That was a post of mine three months on the board. That was pre caps aka leonidas stage of posting. That's a very old post you seemed to want to go nuts on for whatever reason.

TheGodKiller
Galactus, easily.

Diesldude
That was a post of mine three months on the board. That was pre caps aka leonidas stage of posting. That's a very old post you seemed to want to go nuts on for whatever reason. Who's going nuts over it, this is the first time i saw this thread and your post stuck out.

SquallX
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Galactus, easily.

No.

guy222
G is powa

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by SquallX
Yes.
thumb up

Tar-Antado
Galactus wins.

guy222
Just on another lvl

TheHulk
The Big G

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.