Granny Goodness vs. Marvel Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Now this really is a curb stomp. But I want to see how far the fanboyism is going to go.

Hercules
Not sure what you're trying to achieve, are you implying that Granny Goodness is above a skyfather?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Hercules
Not sure what you're trying to achieve, are you implying that Granny Goodness is above a skyfather?
I'm not trying to imply anything. She beat the entire Greek Pantheon and then impersonated the Skyfather, Athena.

Symmetric Chaos
Athena must be pretty ugly in DC, huh?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No. granny goodness changed her shape to look like athena.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

I'd hit it.

masterbruce
marvel zeus is such an obscure figure that there isn't enough info on him to really debate

Citizen V
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Now this really is a curb stomp. But I want to see how far the fanboyism is going to go.

I didn't know Zeus had fans, let alone fanboys.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Citizen V
I didn't know Zeus had fans, let alone fanboys.

he doesn't. But THe Big M word in front of him precludes that someone will put thier foot in thier mouth.

Hercules
I'm not trying to imply anything. She beat the entire Greek Pantheon and then impersonated the Skyfather, Athena.

Ahh, so you are setting a trap, doesn't that make this a spite thread.

I know next to nothing about Granny Goodness which is why I asked, how did she beat the entire Greek Pantheon?

Given that DC Greek Gods on the whole seem to be a hell of a lot more powerful than Marvel.

TricksterPriest
We know that she directly killed Athena and took her place. Athena was leader of the Greek Gods and possibly the most powerful before she was killed by Granny.

I predict Quan will show up in less than an hour. big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ahh, so you are setting a trap, doesn't that make this a spite thread.

I know next to nothing about Granny Goodness which is why I asked, how did she beat the entire Greek Pantheon?

Given that DC Greek Gods on the whole seem to be a hell of a lot more powerful than Marvel.

I'm trying to edcuate. becuz after we establish that Granny Goodness> Skyfather, then we can learn how she is still<<<<<<<<<<<<DS.

Hercules
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
We know that she directly killed Athena and took her place. Athena was leader of the Greek Gods and possibly the most powerful before she was killed by Granny.

I predict Quan will show up in less than an hour. big grin

So did she beat the whole Pantheon or not?

Did she overpower Athena or use some kind of Tech, the limited stuff I have read on her she doesn't seem that powerful?

Hercules
I'm trying to edcuate. becuz after we establish that Granny Goodness> Skyfather, then we can learn how she is still<<<<<<<<<<<<DS.

Couldn't you do that in the comic book forum and not in the vs though?

Again, how did she do it, pure power, tech or a combination of both?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Couldn't you do that in the comic book forum and not in the vs though?

Again, how did she do it, pure power, tech or a combination of both?
It was obviously thru power. Becuz she then turned around and impersonated Athena. She performed Sky Level Feats under her own power.

grey fox
Marvel Zeus.

From what Zeus has done he's pretty frikken uber , he took on the ENTIRE avengers in a non-stop battle and b*tchslapped them. He then laughed and mentioned that he could do that for ALL eternity EFFORTLESSLY.

Then again , I know near-to-nothing 'bout DC Pantheon because WW sucks.

Hercules
It was obviously thru power. Becuz she then turned around and impersonated Athena. She performed Sky Level Feats under her own power.

Well the only bio I can find on her says she has superhuman strength etc and she can utilize tech.

This is why its not obvious to me, if you have scans I would love to see them, see some of us don't read much DC but are open minded. wink

hunbu04
Athena was not the most powerful DC greek god. Zeus is. He is omnipotent and a member of the quintessence. Athena is leaderof the gods because Zeus lose a bet when his champion lost to diania. and grandy did not beat the entire patheon

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by hunbu04
Athena was not the most powerful DC greek god. Zeus is. He is omnipotent and a member of the quintessence. Athena is leaderof the gods because Zeus lose a bet when his champion lost to diania. and grandy did not beat the entire patheon

DID you read the book? She had them all trapped, and Killed athena and took her place. try again.

Sandai Kitetsu
I'm waiting for nvr to claim granny could defeat Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I'm waiting for nvr to claim granny could defeat Odin.

Can Odin defeat the whole of DC greek Pantheon?

Sandai Kitetsu
Can Odin defeat the whole of DC greek Pantheon?

Hell yes, unless you want to limit him to low showings and claim that we are only using "current versions"

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Hell yes, unless you want to limit him to low showings and claim that we are only using "current versions"

IT WAS A RETCON, YOU N00B! mad

And you are being an outright fanboy. Odin cannot defeat the entire Greek Pantheon. We don't know how Granny did it, but she was powerful enough to do it on her own, then hell yes, she stomps Odin. big grin

masterbruce

And you are being an outright fanboy. Odin cannot defeat the entire Greek Pantheon. We don't know how Granny did it, but she was powerful enough to do it on her own, then hell yes, she stomps Odin. big grin

been drinking the same koolaid that nvr's been drinking?

Hercules

Wait, you don't know how she did it? confused

Did it happen off panel then?

grey fox
Wait, you don't know how she did it? confused

Did it happen off panel then?

Pretty much , t'was the 'secret ending' to the shit-fest that was 'Amazons Attack'.

Sandai Kitetsu

No, it wasn't, the only retcon was that Odins darkseid was using infinity's power and that half the Odin force can wipe out the entire universe.

tjcoady
Amanda Waller has stalemated Granny Goodness before. Read Ostrander's Suicide Squad. Amanda "the Wall" Waller is nothing but a really fat woman. no powers at all, no crazy martial arts skills.

we have no idea how Granny Goodness beat the Greek Pantheon. what if Darkseid beat Zeus, for instance, for her? Or she impersonated some other god and poisened him somehow. we can't just state that Granny Goodness is more powerful than the greek gods because they are her captives.

grey fox

When I see DC Pantheon destroying Galaxies in a chess game then we can talk Trick stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by tjcoady
Amanda Waller has stalemated Granny Goodness before. Read Ostrander's Suicide Squad. Amanda "the Wall" Waller is nothing but a really fat woman. no powers at all, no crazy martial arts skills.

we have no idea how Granny Goodness beat the Greek Pantheon. what if Darkseid beat Zeus, for instance, for her? Or she impersonated some other god and poisened him somehow. we can't just state that Granny Goodness is more powerful than the greek gods because they are her captives.

Waller cold-cocked her with a rifle butt if I remember correctly ?

tjcoady
Originally posted by grey fox
Waller cold-cocked her with a rifle butt if I remember correctly ?

yeah. Granny Goodness gets in a hit and then Waller came back with the swing. man, that was a great series.

Hercules
Pretty much , t'was the 'secret ending' to the shit-fest that was 'Amazons Attack'.

So Granny takes out the Pantheon off panel and it was "obviously" power?

Hmmm, now I'm dubious.

TricksterPriest
When I see DC Pantheon destroying Galaxies in a chess game then we can talk Trick stick out tongue

Darkseid has a reality manipulating chess match of sorts with Eclipso in his own realm. Eclipso apparently wanted DS' body and power, but as he stated, they're "too evenly matched". Seems they try to settle their physical disputes by claiming superiority mentally. Neither shows superiority, though:

http://img350.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eclipso10046vw.jpg
http://img350.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eclipso10225zu.jpg

Will that do? whistle

Hercules
Darkseid has a reality manipulating chess match of sorts with Eclipso in his own realm. Eclipso apparently wanted DS' body and power, but as he stated, they're "too evenly matched". Seems they try to settle their physical disputes by claiming superiority mentally. Neither shows superiority, though:

Will that do? whistle

I think Fox was talking about Granny Goodness or the DC pantheon being powerful enough to do that not Darkseid... confused

grey fox

Will that do? whistle

I meant teh DC Greek/Asgardian pantheon, not the Apokalyptian Pantheon.

Hercules
I meant teh DC Greek/Asgardian pantheon, not the Apokalyptian Pantheon.

See, told you! stick out tongue

Validus
It makes absolutely no sense that Goodness could beat Athena or anyone else in that pantheon. Like someone just mentioned, she was cold cocked by Amanda Waller.

Amazons Attack was just a POS.

TricksterPriest
You said a DC pantheon. Sue me. dur Still........respect Darkseid! w00tw00t stick out tongue

And baring a massive upgrade from DS, I'd say Granny had some uber prep. Which is a feat for Apokolips tech. wink

tjcoady
honestly, Granny Goodness has been beaten by Scott Free and Big Barda, both of who are powerful, but are regularly by several JLA members, been taken down by Amanda Waller who doesn't even have powers, been beaten by Wonder Woman, been beaten by Superman.

hell, precrises she was beaten by the damn NEWSBOY LEGION.

Granny Goodness doesn't stand a chance. she has never displayed ANY powers aside from marginal super strength and durability, as well as the shapeshifting deal, and she's up against a skyfather.

Badabing
Originally posted by Validus
It makes absolutely no sense that Goodness could beat Athena or anyone else in that pantheon. Like someone just mentioned, she was cold cocked by Amanda Waller.

And baring a massive upgrade from DS, I'd say Granny had some uber prep. Which is a feat for Apokolips tech. wink
Originally posted by tjcoady
honestly, Granny Goodness has been beaten by Scott Free and Big Barda, both of who are powerful, but are regularly by several JLA members, been taken down by Amanda Waller who doesn't even have powers, been beaten by Wonder Woman, been beaten by Superman.

hell, precrises she was beaten by the damn NEWSBOY LEGION.

Granny Goodness doesn't stand a chance. she has never displayed ANY powers aside from marginal super strength and durability, as well as the shapeshifting deal, and she's up against a skyfather. Agreed

Hercules
You said a DC pantheon. Sue me. dur Still........respect Darkseid! w00tw00t stick out tongue

So you disagree with nvr who said she did it with power?

TricksterPriest
Nvr's reasoning is sound. But it can cut both ways. If in fact, Granny did the feats (As Athena) under her own power, that lends credence to her beating the Pantheon by herself. But, if she did them with prep or Apokolips tech, then she's screwed here.

Hercules
Nvr's reasoning is sound. But it can cut both ways. If in fact, Granny did the feats (As Athena) under her own power, that lends credence to her beating the Pantheon by herself. But, if she did them with prep or Apokolips tech, then she's screwed here.

So you are unsure whether she could take a majority?

TricksterPriest
I'm taking a 'Wait and see' approach. wink

Hercules
I'm taking a 'Wait and see' approach. wink

laughing

Trick is on the fence! wink

nvrbeenwthagirl

considering DS has been handing out Power ups to his gods like candy at a school, what makes you think it's PIS?

batdude123
considering DS has been handing out Power ups to his gods like candy at a school, what makes you think it's PIS?

Prove to me that Granny Goodness beat the Greek Pantheon under her own power.

/thread

Hercules
Originally posted by batdude123

/thread

Co signed.

tjcoady
until either we get evidence of Granny Goodnes receiving an ENORMOUS power-up or we see that GG defeated the Greek Gods with some formerly unknown abilities, then she loses this fight, hard.

TricksterPriest
To clarify, Darkseid is capable of giving Granny an upgrade that powerful under his own power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123

/thread
It's pretty rediculous but it seems any time one of the "non Established" characters do anything of note, it's PIS or we have to prove it. I never see this prove it stance on other characters. And it's evident it was granny. Look at the picture. Granny not only turned from Athena into herself, which athena is sky father lvl, and all of the feats performed by granny as athena were skyfather lvl, as well as the fact that granny had two lil demon guys behind her as servants.

Validus
POS =/= PIS

FYI

nvrbeenwthagirl
POS =/= PIS

FYI

considering DS is up to something and has been handing out powerups, and been showing a considerable power leap lately, it would seem that the feats stand and tie into the story.

hunbu04
PIS no way in hell can granny defeat the entire greek pantheon. Even Darkseid himself don't have enough power to perform that feat. If anyone here read the narator in COIE it was around book 8-11. The narator stated that after 38 thouand years the AM had still not breach the gates of olympus. and he even stated that only 3 gods were kill and 4 went crazy but the gates of olympus still stood. DArkseid could not defeated the olympians because they were so powerful that he used their greed againt them by tricking the so to split themself in two original copy so they could become less power but even that did not work they were still too powerful. and another thing all the olympian gods in dc possesses a decent potion of the godwave. the power of creation flow through the veins of the olympian gods. so tell me how can a being who is not even on Diana power level defeat a member of the quintessence, Ares, Athena, Venus, and Posiden all skyfather level beings with reality altering power. Ares alone with his potion of the godwave is a Darkseid level being do forget it was him who kill Highfather.

TricksterPriest
PIS no way in hell can granny defeat the entire greek pantheon. Even Darkseid himself don't have enough power to perform that feat. If anyone here read the narator in COIE it was around book 8-11. The narator stated that after 38 thouand years the AM had still not breach the gates of olympus. and he even stated that only 3 gods were kill and 4 went crazy but the gates of olympus still stood. DArkseid could not defeated the olympians because they were so powerful that he used their greed againt them by tricking the so to split themself in two original copy so they could become less power but even that did not work they were still too powerful. and another thing all the olympian gods in dc possesses a decent potion of the godwave. the power of creation flow through the veins of the olympian gods. so tell me how can a being who is not even on Diana power level defeat a member of the quintessence, Ares, Athena, Venus, and Posiden all skyfather level beings with reality altering power. Ares alone with his potion of the godwave is a Darkseid level being do forget it was him who kill Highfather.

whatdur

darthgoober
Could you do me a big favor and find out exactly what issue that happened in so I could check it out for myself? I'm not doubting you, I just want to get the scans for it in case the AM hype starts up again around here.

Mr Master
p

What If...
You're worthless,

and so are your threads.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by What If...
You're worthless,

and so are your threads.

actually I'm worth quite a lot. Care to see my many accounts? If you don't like my threads, then you are free to pass them up.

Captain REX
Originally posted by What If...
You're worthless,

and so are your threads.

So is your opinion if you take that attitude. No need for such comments.

kevdude

Very interesting. I knew the Greek pantheon was powerful but nearly as powerful as beings in the Fourth World damn. After thinking about it, look at what happened in OWAW. Apokolips was drained of power and didn't one of the Olympians goddesses come and regenerate Apokolips?? smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.