God loves Gays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I read this article online that I thought interesting by Dr. Gene Chase. Now I'm not gay but i thought I'd raise this issue cause the topic about God and gays keeps coming up in discussions here in the city in Boston and it's intrigued me and i thought I'd bring it up in here to see what you guys thought about the issue. I think God loves gay people but not the gay ways. But this scripture seems to spell something else out.

"An enemy is not just someone against whom we hold enmity, but usually someone who regards us as an enemy. Jesus tell us to love those who don't love us back, to greet those who don't pay attention to us, to be perfect-in the same way as our Father God does for us, giving us the love we don't deserve, holding back the justice we do deserve" (Matthew 5:43-48).

You can see the full article here..

http://www.justice-respect.org/essays/lovesgays.html

lord xyz
JIA already explained that to us. Thanks though.

Strangelove
From Daniel Tosh

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I read this article online that I thought interesting by Dr. Gene Chase. Now I'm not gay but i thought I'd raise this issue cause the topic about God and gays keeps coming up in discussions here in the city in Boston and it's intrigued me and i thought I'd bring it up in here to see what you guys thought about the issue. I think God loves gay people but not the gay ways. But this scripture seems to spell something else out.

"An enemy is not just someone against whom we hold enmity, but usually someone who regards us as an enemy. Jesus tell us to love those who don't love us back, to greet those who don't pay attention to us, to be perfect-in the same way as our Father God does for us, giving us the love we don't deserve, holding back the justice we do deserve" (Matthew 5:43-48).

Christian mythology is weird.

SpearofDestiny
I think God loves gay people but not the gay ways.

I find that conclusion very condescending as well as hypocritical. You complain persistantly about the unfair treatment and perception of Black people, but still hold to your beleif that homosexuality is wrong or immoral.

And then you try to compensate somehow by saying something along the lines of: "Well, God still loves you even though you are a moral degenerate"

Kram3r
Hahaha, I love being a straight, white, male. No threads about me not getting into "heaven" or coming up with reason for God to "love" me. My kind rule the world, pwn.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Kram3r
Hahaha, I love being a straight, white, male. No threads about me not getting into "heaven" or coming up with reason for God to "love" me. My kind rule the world, pwn.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Hey, being a Gay Latino aint that bad wink

Kram3r
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Hey, being a Gay Latino aint that bad wink

True, never know when Ricky Martin could come in handy.

SpearofDestiny
True, never know when Ricky Martin could come in handy.

Exactly ! thumb up

And you know he's a hott gay Latino stud !

Also, I mean no offense by this, but as a Gay Latino, I'm pretty sure I've gotten more sex in one summer than you've had in one year.

You may enjoy freedom from financial, classist, or religious discrimination, but I still reap benefits from which others lack...one of the Privelages of Being Gay and Latino big grin

Kram3r
Exactly ! thumb up

And you know he's a hott gay Latino stud !

Also, I mean no offense by this, but as a Gay Latino, I'm pretty sure I've gotten more sex in one summer than you've had in one year.

You may enjoy freedom from financial, classist, or religious discrimination, but I still reap benefits from which others lack...one of the Privelages of Being Gay and Latino big grin

You've had more sex in one day than I have had in my entire life, I'm a virgin. Nothing I really care about, not particularly anyway. You can keep being pumped in the ass as a benefit, I don't mind. I'll stick with "freedom from financial, classist, or religious discrimination" as you put it.

SpearofDestiny
You've had more sex in one day than I have had in my entire life, I'm a virgin. Nothing I really care about, not particularly anyway. You can keep being pumped in the ass as a benefit, I don't mind. I'll stick with "freedom from financial, classist, or religious discrimination" as you put it.

laughing Touche'

L!l'!c3y
god hates gays
b.c he made everyone to be straight
n tha devil is gay
so god hates gays

Shelbert Lemon
God loves all people.

Bardiel13
It appears people have long since forgotten that God and Jesus are two very different people.
God: If it doesn't follow my rules, throw rocks at it.
Jesus: Only under the condition that he who is without sin cast the first stone.
God: ... Me dammit! Stop ruining my sadistic fun!

ADarksideJedi
GOd loves everybody gay or not white or black or so on!He does not care if anyone is gay or not.Neither does the church.It is something that some people live with.
It is ok by the feelings just acting upon the feelings is wrong and a sin not just being gay.Action People!jm

Fatima

Interesting !

TRH
yay for free Palestine

Fatima
Originally posted by TRH
yay for free Palestine

And Iraq smile

... god willing

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardiel13
It appears people have long since forgotten that God and Jesus are two very different people.
Jesus: Only under the condition that he who is without sin cast the first stone.
God: ... Me dammit! Stop ruining my sadistic fun! Good way of putting it. Jesus loves everyone, God doesn't. Then again, Jesus is God. So yeah, it's very confusing.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
God loves all people.

Which God? You're not talking about the Abrahamic one, are you?

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Bardiel13
God: ... Me dammit! Stop ruining my sadistic fun!

laughing

That's the contradiction with those two beings. Part of what makes Christianity so confusing.

Jimmy Buggs
Love the sinner hate the sin.

Bicnarok
If God loves gays then why did he say that they should be put to death?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bicnarok

He wants them in heaven asap. laughing

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
He wants them in heaven asap. laughing thumb up They know how to throw a party laughing

Bardock42
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1052/1052_01.asp

FistOfThe North
I find that conclusion very condescending as well as hypocritical. You complain persistantly about the unfair treatment and perception of Black people, but still hold to your beleif that homosexuality is wrong or immoral.

And then you try to compensate somehow by saying something along the lines of: "Well, God still loves you even though you are a moral degenerate"

Hypocritical? You're misguided. Where on this entire site have I ever shown or spouted anti-gay hate sentiment? You'll be searching forever for any proof on here or anywhere else for that matter.

And as for you second statement, that is my belief. I believe "gayness" or homosexuality is a sin. So? Does that mean i hate gay people? No. I doesn't cause, at the same time, I won't throw stones cause I'm a sinner as well.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1052/1052_01.asp laughing God needs a book to remember peoples names, talk about bad memory for a god laughing

Shakyamunison
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1052/1052_01.asp

Yes, we should kill all those demon infested homos before they infect the rest of us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

*intolerance leads to people flying airplanes into buildings*

Bicnarok

Whisper
I WAS interested to hear that one of these so-called lesbian marriages has ended in divorce. Well I am a church goer, and divorces are meant to put asunder Adam and Eve, not Madam and Eve. They are not divorced in my eyes, I can tell you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Whisper
I WAS interested to hear that one of these so-called lesbian marriages has ended in divorce. Well I am a church goer, and divorces are meant to put asunder Adam and Eve, not Madam and Eve. They are not divorced in my eyes, I can tell you.

So, you are going to deny them a divorce?

debbiejo
I saw do away with all marriage. Makes life easier. cool

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Whisper

So... you're saying they're still married in your eyes?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bicnarok

If God created gays and made them that way, then he must love them. So I agree with the thread starter.

Both the Bible and Koran have a line refering to Sodom and Gamorah that's along the lines of: "How can you pass a women for a man?" That sounds like something a straight man would say, as opposed to something an all-knowing god would say.

Devil King
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
If God created gays and made them that way, then he must love them. So I agree with the thread starter.

Both the Bible and Koran have a line refering to Sodom and Gamorah that's along the lines of: "How can you pass a women for a man?" That sounds like something a straight man would say, as opposed to something an all-knowing god would say.

The entire bible sounds that way, to me.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

That is because the bible was written by straight men.

RUNMAN
Baby Jesus loves all of us! big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
The entire bible sounds that way, to me.

It's not just a coincidence that "woman" is supposed to be subservient to "man"...

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
It's not just a coincidence that "woman" is supposed to be subservient to "man"...

right. I mean, you knock your wife around all the time, don't you?

Bardock42
So, you are going to deny them a divorce? Originally posted by Bardiel13
So... you're saying they're still married in your eyes? She's extremely funny and you guys are being stupid.

Shakyamunison
She's extremely funny and you guys are being stupid.

Then why didn't she answer my question? I was hoping she would make me laugh. no expression

Bardock42
Then why didn't she answer my question? I was hoping she would make me laugh. no expression Because you were extremely stupid and annoying, I guess.

I wouldn't have answered.

Shakyamunison
...I wouldn't have answered.

Why would you not have answered?

Bardock42
Why would you not have answered? Because you were extremely stupid and annoying.

Shakyamunison
Because you were extremely stupid and annoying.

That does not make any sense.

So, you have no idea, and you are just posting from a point of ignorance.

Bardock42
That does not make any sense.

So, you have no idea, and you are just posting from a point of ignorance. No, what I said.

Shakyamunison
No, what I said.

Are you asking me? confused

Bardock42
Are you asking me? confused Saw a question mark?

Shakyamunison
Saw a question mark?

No.

Bardock42
No. Troll.

Shakyamunison
Troll.

What?

debbiejo
Is this Circular reasoning? confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Is this Circular reasoning? confused No.

Shakyamunison
No.

laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
right. I mean, you knock your wife around all the time, don't you?

If I followed the Bible, I could have just cause to. She's lucky I'm agnostic and do not subscrice to organised religion.

ESB -1138

Leviticus 20:13 disagrees with you

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

lord xyz
That's true. God doesn't love gays, at all.

debbiejo
It's the church that doesn't love gays.

lord xyz
It's the church that doesn't love gays. And it's the church who invented God.

debbiejo
God, as the Bible portrays IT to be.

lord xyz
God, as the Bible portrays IT to be. Which is the God we are talking about.

debbiejo
Yeah, the Bible god. To say we know the all of everything is confining all sciences that might be explored to a widdle teeny box. I believe that at some point science will uncover something quite outside our little box.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Christian mythology is weird.

It makes perfect sense! smile

lord xyz
Yeah, the Bible god. To say we know the all of everything is confining all sciences that might be explored to a widdle teeny box. I believe that at some point science will uncover something quite outside our little box. And when that happens, a big sign will appear that says "Level 2".

debbiejo
Or, the jokes on you..lol

You have a brain, why don't you use it......

lord xyz
Or, the jokes on you..lol

You have a brain, why don't you use it...... You first.

debbiejo
Or I did, you're my entertainment.

lord xyz
Or I did, you're my entertainment. You're obviously confused.

debbiejo
God never is. big grin

RUNMAN
People differ greatly in their view of the Bible:

Generally speaking, Fundamentalists and other Evangelical Christians believe that: The Bible, as originally written, is inerrant (infallible; free of errors) and that God prevented the authors from making even a single mistake.
Every verse is useful in their understanding of God's intentions.
One should initially attempt to interpret each passage according to its literal meaning.
Many modern translations are reliable, particularly the New International Version (NIV) and King James Version (KJV).

Many conservative Christians trust the KJV and NIV. Thus, when they read some of the passages that clearly and unmistakably condemn homosexuality, they are inclined to trust the translators and conclude that God hates homosexuality. Unfortunately, many groups of translators have been heavily biased against certain groups, including Witches, gays and lesbians; many have tended to warp their translations accordingly.

At this web site, we try to avoid criticizing the beliefs of religious groups. However, we feel free to criticize their religiously motivated activities if they exhibit hatred against an identifiable group or when they have a negative impact on the civil rights of others.

We have noticed a practice of a few Fundamentalist and other Evangelical Christian pastors which appear to be unethical and dishonest. We use the word "appear" because we are not certain that the pastors are consciously aware of their practices:

Some pastors cite Genesis 19, a passage that condemns homosexual rape, as proof that God hates all homosexual behavior. Yet they would never quote a verse that condemns heterosexual rape and state that it applies to all heterosexual activity.
We have noticed some pastors switching between Bible translations in order to find the version that is most critical of homosexual behavior. When quoting Deuteronomy 23:17 some deviate from their usual usage of the New International Version (NIV). It accurately translates the original Hebrew condemnation of male and female prostitution in the temple (a common Pagan practice). They prefer the King James Version (KJV) which incorrectly translates the passage as condemning female prostitutes and male "sodomites."

More liberal Christians tend to look upon the Bible as containing many translation errors, whose verses were not inspired by God, but were influenced by ancient pre-scientific culture. Passages often relate to customs of a long-past era that are unethical when compared to today's secular and religious systems of morality. Examples are verses which accept and regulate slavery, require widows to marry their brother-in-law, requiring victims of rape to marry their rapist, or condone child disciplinary practices which most parents have now abandoned. Passages which might be interpreted as condemning homosexuality might also be not applicable today.

Each Bible translation reflects the world view, beliefs and mind sets of its translators. Many, if not most, versions of the Bible are funded by religious organizations and employ translators who all follow a specific theological belief system. Their personal biases distort their work. There is an additional complexity facing translators: today's society is very different from that of Biblical times. It is sometimes difficult to find a current English word that closely matches a Hebrew or Greek term.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RUNMAN
People differ greatly in their view of the Bible:

Generally speaking, Fundamentalists and other Evangelical Christians believe that: The Bible, as originally written, is inerrant (infallible; free of errors) and that God prevented the authors from making even a single mistake.
Every verse is useful in their understanding of God's intentions.
One should initially attempt to interpret each passage according to its literal meaning.
Many modern translations are reliable, particularly the New International Version (NIV) and King James Version (KJV).

Many conservative Christians trust the KJV and NIV. Thus, when they read some of the passages that clearly and unmistakably condemn homosexuality, they are inclined to trust the translators and conclude that God hates homosexuality. Unfortunately, many groups of translators have been heavily biased against certain groups, including Witches, gays and lesbians; many have tended to warp their translations accordingly.

At this web site, we try to avoid criticizing the beliefs of religious groups. However, we feel free to criticize their religiously motivated activities if they exhibit hatred against an identifiable group or when they have a negative impact on the civil rights of others.

We have noticed a practice of a few Fundamentalist and other Evangelical Christian pastors which appear to be unethical and dishonest. We use the word "appear" because we are not certain that the pastors are consciously aware of their practices:

Some pastors cite Genesis 19, a passage that condemns homosexual rape, as proof that God hates all homosexual behavior. Yet they would never quote a verse that condemns heterosexual rape and state that it applies to all heterosexual activity.
We have noticed some pastors switching between Bible translations in order to find the version that is most critical of homosexual behavior. When quoting Deuteronomy 23:17 some deviate from their usual usage of the New International Version (NIV). It accurately translates the original Hebrew condemnation of male and female prostitution in the temple (a common Pagan practice). They prefer the King James Version (KJV) which incorrectly translates the passage as condemning female prostitutes and male "sodomites."

More liberal Christians tend to look upon the Bible as containing many translation errors, whose verses were not inspired by God, but were influenced by ancient pre-scientific culture. Passages often relate to customs of a long-past era that are unethical when compared to today's secular and religious systems of morality. Examples are verses which accept and regulate slavery, require widows to marry their brother-in-law, requiring victims of rape to marry their rapist, or condone child disciplinary practices which most parents have now abandoned. Passages which might be interpreted as condemning homosexuality might also be not applicable today.

Each Bible translation reflects the world view, beliefs and mind sets of its translators. Many, if not most, versions of the Bible are funded by religious organizations and employ translators who all follow a specific theological belief system. Their personal biases distort their work. There is an additional complexity facing translators: today's society is very different from that of Biblical times. It is sometimes difficult to find a current English word that closely matches a Hebrew or Greek term.

We appreciate this post.

RUNMAN
Thank you very much, kind soul...

Shakyamunison
Thank you very much, kind soul...

But what do you believe? Do you believe the bible to be "the truth"?

lord xyz
God never is. big grin Obviously he had to be to create us.

RUNMAN
But what do you believe? Do you believe the bible to be "the truth"?

I believe there is no 'bible truth'

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Obviously he had to be to create us.

But we evolved.

I believe there is no 'bible truth'

Please explain:

lord xyz
But we evolved.

Please explain: Het...

Shakyamunison
Het... confused

SpearofDestiny
RUNMAN seems like a smart man 2 me

lord xyz
confused It's like a sigh. I was about to say something, but you said something so stupid, I just didn't know how to address it.

It's my new internet joke which I will be using more often. I would've used it a few weeks ago, but thought it might make people confused. However, I really couldn't address that with words, nor could I not answer it at all. So, hence the "het".

It's also an onomatopoeia. The "h" is starting the speech, and the "et" is the sudden stop. The sudden stop is because you realise how stupid the sentence was, and because you say"het" you can't say anything else after it. So, that's all you say. That explains the elipse.

SpearofDestiny
It's like a sigh. I was about to say something, but you said something so stupid, I just didn't know how to address it.

It's my new internet joke which I will be using more often. I would've used it a few weeks ago, but thought it might make people confused. However, I really couldn't address that with words, nor could I not answer it at all. So, hence the "het".

It's also an onomatopoeia. The "h" is starting the speech, and the "et" is the sudden stop. The sudden stop is because you realise how stupid the sentence was, and because you say"het" you can't say anything else after it. So, that's all you say. That explains the elipse.

o0o0o0o ur so clever dur

lord xyz
o0o0o0o ur so clever dur I hope that was meant to be a joke. If so, it's a really bad one.

Shakyamunison
It's like a sigh. I was about to say something, but you said something so stupid, I just didn't know how to address it.

So, in other words, I stumped you. laughing

SpearofDestiny
I hope that was meant to be a joke. If so, it's a really bad one.

dur

Zeal Ex Nihilo
XW4Ym9IS7Ks

lord xyz
So, in other words, I stumped you. laughing You didn't acknowledge my joke, so I was speechless.

Shakyamunison
You didn't acknowledge my joke, so I was speechless.

You told a joke? confused laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.