HK-47 vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
No idea if this is a stomp or not. Don't know enough about them both.

Who wins?

Se7in
More information is required. What location? What armaments does HK have? What is the distance between them as the fight starts?

Shin_Blax
I'd say GG. 16 Lightsabers per second ftw.

Shin_Nikkolas
A. You pick a good place.
B. What is HK's usual equipped weaponry?
3. 20 feet.

Shin_Blax
20 feet?

GG speed blitz's him, then.

Gideon
It is. General Grievous is literally miles ahead of HK-47 in pretty much all combat-related aspects. The general has speed and agility that is comparable to that of most Jedi Knights and Masters, not to mention the disparity in their physical strength and performance. Grievous is specifically trained in the standard forms of lightsaber combat -- compliments of the legendary Count Dooku -- and the tactical analysis computers present in his mind allow him to analyze and partially mimic Vaapad, the greatest of the seven lightsaber forms that is known for its wild unpredictability. And, finally, Grievous was capable of amping up the speed of his attacks to twenty strikes per second, which may very well be faster than shots HK-47 can think to make from any blaster he is armed with (I'm not an expert on SW technology).

This is besides the fact that Grievous is a tactical genius and his armor (save for the joints) is resistant to lightsabers and blaster bolts.

OMG-Toothpaste
ummm.... the HK is just a stupid assassin droid, programmed with a target...
Grievious would just parry all HK's shot until he got close enough to slice him in half with his lightsabers...

S_W_LeGenD
Regarding HK-47 Droid:

A self-sentient killing machine, HK-47 was far more than an ordinary combat droid. Created four thousand years ago, he came equipped with a devastating arsenal of high-powered weaponry, a ruthless and single-minded pursuit of his termination targets, and a pre-programmed disregard for all organic life. This Hunter-Killer model is one of the most dangerous assassins in the galaxy.

Source: Click!

Judging from this canon information, I don't think that HK-47 was such an easy thing to deal with as some people here would like to think.

@ Shin_Nikkolas

HK-47 was kept armed with devastating weaponry.

@ OMG-Toothpaste

HK-47 was one of the deadliest assassin droids in the history of the SW Universe. It was not a stupid assassin droid as you claim.

Also read this information:

Units such as these were quite capable of laying waste to an entire building in an effort to dispose of a single target. This wanton carnage, combined with the tendency of the droid's previous owners to come to rather gruesome ends, has led most civilized planets to issue explicit bans on all HK-model assassin droids.

HK Series was so deadly that their production was banned for ever.

Gideon
...And, despite all that, he will be little more than a distraction against General Grievous.

tulakhordpwns
Grievous wins. HK-47 killed many jedi but Grievous is much better than the average jedi. He has 4 sabers to deflect blaster bolts and enhanced reflexes. He defeats HK-47 fairly easily.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
...And, despite all that, he will be little more than a distraction against General Grievous.

vader11
GG wins easily.

Count Makashi
General Grievous wins, he is just to good, to fast, to strong...

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
No idea if this is a stomp or not. Don't know enough about them both.

Who wins? no expression Grievous dude.

IKC
Grievous. IG-88 would put up a better fight.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Regarding HK-47 Droid:

A self-sentient killing machine, HK-47 was far more than an ordinary combat droid. Created four thousand years ago, he came equipped with a devastating arsenal of high-powered weaponry, a ruthless and single-minded pursuit of his termination targets, and a pre-programmed disregard for all organic life. This Hunter-Killer model is one of the most dangerous assassins in the galaxy.

Judging from this canon information, I don't think that HK-47 was such an easy thing to deal with as some people here would like to think.

@ Shin_Nikkolas

HK-47 was kept armed with devastating weaponry.

@ OMG-Toothpaste

HK-47 was one of the deadliest assassin droids in the history of the SW Universe. It was not a stupid assassin droid as you claim.

Also read this information:

Units such as these were quite capable of laying waste to an entire building in an effort to dispose of a single target. This wanton carnage, combined with the tendency of the droid's previous owners to come to rather gruesome ends, has led most civilized planets to issue explicit bans on all HK-model assassin droids.

HK Series was so deadly that their production was banned for ever.

Grievous WTFpwns HK-47. IG-88 would give HK a run of its money.

Darth Hord
Please tell me legend you aren't suggesting that HK-47 can beat Grievous. The droid is deadly no one is arguing that but Grievious can just run over him all the same.

jujubaka
terminator would smoke this fools..

darth fury
HK-47 he would insult grevious till grevious has a mental breakdown and falls to the ground in need of a hug smile meatbags :P

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Grievous ftw.

Spartan 063
General grevious is very strong, but I think HK-47 would be the victor

reason: HK's only weapon is not just an ordinary weapon he also has grenades and an array of anti-droid weapons, as well as a molten cannon flame thrower( as in KOTOR), if HK just used his blaster rifle, than yes GG would waste HK-47

however, since HK-47 was revan's personal assassin droid than he would have had harder alloys.
Hk-47 was so heavily modified that all other hk series were no match for him.

Since general grivious cannot use the force, at the beginning of the fight HK-47 could easily toss a plasma grenade at general grevious feet or a thermal detonator.

General Grevious has twho choices

1. General Grevious could run away but that would create more distance with witch HK-47 could waste Grevious with his rifle, I never observed GG deflecting lasers of any kind in the movies or in the star wars: clone wars animated series he just ran. This tactic works if you are fighting a clone or a human, but not a droid who could track you.
also HK-47 would not be using a normal blaster rifle, he prefers wasting a target over just kiling it, he would probably us a mandalorian Blaster rifle, because they are more powerful

2. after the grenade is thrown General Grevious could charge HK-47, HK could easily counter act ths motion by tossing another grenade 10 feet in front of the first grenade, prompting grivous to jump back taking us back to point # 1, HK-47 would waste Grevious.

HK-47 has extensive assassin protocols as well as extensive fighting protocols.

and Grevious may be able to stike 27 times per second, but wat is his reaction time. if we assume it s that of a normal human he may swing wildly, but he has a very slim chance of deflecting a light sabe let alone 60 blasts.

vader11
It depends on how far apart they are standing at the start.

Darth Hord
And you need to take into account grievous's speed and his mobility. And you seem to have a great deal of kotor fanbyism HK has nothing on Grievous.

Darth Hord
This video shows some battles he was in.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4610594409527512465&q=general+grievous&total=257&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8Rx-GqJDM
if you really think that HK can defeat him then i want what your smoking.

vader11
Originally posted by Darth Hord
And you need to take into account grievous's speed and his mobility. And you seem to have a great deal of kotor fanbyism HK has nothing on Grievous. After seeing his other posts in the forum, I also agree that he is a kotor fanboy.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Hord
And you need to take into account grievous's speed and his mobility. And you seem to have a great deal of kotor fanbyism HK has nothing on Grievous.

Bingo.

Grievous is HK-47's superior in all aspects. He's stronger, faster, and smarter. He also benefits from vastly superior training.

OMG-Toothpaste
To me he is a stupid droid, I know he's the most sufficiant HK droid out there, but cmon, even with his array of weapons you really dont seem to realize how fast grevious is, and for reaction time, he's pretty pro.

as for KOTOR, i took out that HK-47 guy so easily it wasnt even funny,
i didnt even use the force, i simply hacked him to bits.

he doesnt strike at the blast, he holds his saber in front of him and spins it with his wrist, creating a shield which will deflect the blasts.

And because of his being a droid, he can multitask this and charge HK while deflecting the shots.

Grevious wins, sorry guys...

Darth Hord
Grievous is able to take on multiple jed at once and not only survive but win too. Not to mention in that the second video i posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8Rx-GqJDM he uses his speed to take out a squad of clone troopers,he dodged multiple force attacks,he keeps pace with an elevator which is moving at a very fast speed, dodges fire from 3 arc troopers, and dodges multiple missiles from a republic gun ship.

xxxpoppunker182
Bingo.

Grievous is HK-47's superior in all aspects. He's stronger, faster, and smarter. He also benefits from vastly superior training.

not to mention that GG has what 4,000 years of superior and advanced weaponry

Proteus
Bingo.

Grievous is HK-47's superior in all aspects.

I don't think you're giving HK-47 enough credit here, really. In marksmanship, for instance, HK-47 should be considered his far superior, given that Grievous has never demonstrated any great skill in the area nor has his training ever focused on such a thing. The same would go with demolitions and such in general.

Which is irrelevant insomuch as strength means nothing for a guy like HK-47, given the way he fights.

Based on what we know, true, however I doubt it would make up for his lack of ability from a distance in comparison to HK-47's if they started the fight far away from each other.

Most likely true.

It's debatable whether that "superior" training would truly be able to match HK-47's own (and he was trained by Revan to hunt down and kill jedi, and Grievous is as good as in this case) coupled along with his droid programing which appears to be first class.

I personally think that who wins depends on the circumstances. If Grievous can get anywhere near HK-47, he should take this realistically, but if HK-47 can maybe attack from afar, in the air (jetpack ftw) and use his incredible marksmanship and skill with grenades against Grievous, then I can see him winning this, or even if he attempts to lure Grievous in, maybe setting up a few mines here and there, resuming the attack as soon as Grievous sets one off and catching him in a vulnerable position. I can probably see HK-47 winning this more often than not actually.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Proteus
I don't think you're giving HK-47 enough credit here, really. In marksmanship, for instance, HK-47 should be considered his far superior, given that Grievous has never demonstrated any great skill in the area nor has his training ever focused on such a thing. The same would go with demolitions and such in general.

His marksmanship wont matter because he is fast enough to dodge fire and with him using 4 lightsabers he can have 2 spin like they did vs kenobi and no blaster bolt would get through. And as far as demolitions goes it depends on how you play which is gameplay and gameplay such a s levels and skills are not canon.

Grievous had superior training to hunt down jedi. Seeing as how he can use the lightsaber and is fast enough to dodge force attacks. And he would have superior programming than Hk because there is an almost 4000 tear difference in tech.

Greivous wins no matter the distance. (he doesnt have a jetpack) And grenades are pretty useless since the guy has been able to dodge force attacks,and blaster fire a grenade travels much slower and he can just stop when he sees one or go around it. And like HK would have time to set up mines and you would have to prove that he had mines or grenades because he can't be equip with them in kotor. Seeing as how hk is an assassin droid it would make no sense for to have a mines or grenades(still need to prove has them)

((The_Anomaly))
This is a complete curbstomp. GG wins without any difficulty whatsoever.

Gideon
I don't give HK-47 enough credit because I don't believe his assassin-esque tendencies are going to allow him to overcome General Grievous in a conventional versus match? I doubt that marksmanship is going to be a major issue between the General's armor (comprised of superior technology) and his superior reflexes.

Irrelevant? No. Unless HK-47 is suddenly deposited in a mountain bunker six kilometers from General Grievous's position, I somehow doubt that the General's vastly superior physical attributes aren't going come into play, given that the prodigious strength also continues into his legs and reflexes -- allowing him to perform superhuman leaps and thus able to cross vast distances compared to regular humans.

If they start the duel at a considerable distance, HK-47 might pull off a victory. Not that it matters. General Grievous's reflexes were superior to the vast majority of the Jedi Order at the time -- and these were beings living in the so-called "prime of the Jedi" and capable of manipulating an all-powerful energy force to enhance their physical attributes. He's faster in speed, he's got superior reflexes, and he has the benefit of being able to use six lightsabers simultaneously (he has repulsorlifts in his legs) -- in any form of Jedi combat he can. His computer analysis even managed to partially download and translate Vaapad, known for its unconventional method of fighting.

In close combat? HK doesn't have a nanosecond before he's dismantled and I doubt ten, twenty, or thirty feet is going to make much of a difference.

One was a prodigious tactition prior to his shuttle crash, whereupon he was fitted with computers capable of analyzing combat regimens and tactics. The other? A really sneaky droid, which -- incidentally -- Grievous is also notorious for. I'm not a KotoR expert, nor do I pretend to be, but I don't think that HK really compares.

It isn't debatable. General Grievous was trained in combat by Count Dooku and sparred with his elite Magnaguards to hunt down Jedi. Once again, in melee and close combat, he is lightyears ahead of HK-47. HK's only advantage is long distance warfare. And first class? HK-47 was "first class" four thousand years ago. Technologically, again, Grievous has him nailed.

This is unsupported. General Grievous, based on merit and feat, is physically stronger than HK-47 by a considerable distance. In terms of reflexes, agility, and speed -- he is also ahead by a considerable distance. He is capable of wielding a lightsaber in a fashion matching any of the seven forms of the Jedi Order -- including Vaapad (known for unconventional combat and, ergo, logically advantageous against someone such as HK) -- and better than most Jedi. He's also a tactical genius fitted with computer analysis capable of granting him the ability to deduce most combat regimens and tactics. And, lastly, he is also notoriously sneaky and opportunistic. He fights dirty, just like HK.

I respect your opinion, but all you've offered in favor of HK are qualities Grievous himself excels at, not to mention that the General possesses even more advantages.

He wins. And in most cases? With pathetic ease.

Proteus
The same armour with numerous gaps that completely expose his vital organs... The armour means little to a marksman as capable as HK-47.

Tell that to the Jedi that HK-47 gunned down, who not only had superior reflexes, but the ability to briefly see into the future. I see no evidence that suggests Grievous would even possess reflexes in any way beyond a regular Jedi, and thus he's very susceptible to being gunned down by a marksman of HK's caliber

Yeah, I don't think you quite got my point.

Strength is certainly a great attribute of the General's, and it grants him great abilities like you said (though I'm kinda lost as to how his strength would factor in on his reflexes here), however for HK-47, strength pretty much plays no part in the way he fights, thus forming a comparison between the two in that respect is very much irrelevant.

Nice to see we agree.

Well I only just realised that the TC set conditions for the fight a couple of posts down, and it appears that they wouldn't actually be fighting at too great a distance from each other, but really, it's a cheap disadvantage for HK-47 given he excels at pursuing his target from a distance and forming some kind of plan whereas Grievous is more of the brute fighter that excels against an opponent once he closes in on them. But whatever; Grievous would most likely win.

Not saying that this might not be true, but could I have proof for this? All that I've ever seen noted about Grievous in comparison to other Jedi is his vastly superior speed and strength, and his unorthodox methods of playing on his opponent's fears, facing them when they're most vulnerable, and catching them off guard, as well as his unique way of fighting. I've never seen anything that suggests his reflexes specifically were on even the same level as Jedi, which doesn't really make sense given his lack of precognition.

I would probably agree with all of that.

True, but military tactics and fighting smarts hardly correlate. HK-47 was taught the smartest and most effective ways of killing jedi personally by Revan.

See above.

Well as I was saying, HK-47's certainly been trained to fight intelligently, and his pre-KotOR exploits certainly suggest as much, for example the countless times he lured Jedi into mines after initiating combat with them, or blasting entire ceilings apart to trap Republic Soldiers.

Oh wow, so he was trained by a guy who lived in a time with minimal Jedi-on-Jedi action on how to kill Jedi... This compares to being trained on how to take down Jedi by someone who lived in a time where jedi on jedi action was very much more common, how? Don't make me laugh, the training edge clearly goes to Hk-47; sparring droids and training from someone with very little experience of what he's actually teaching wouldn't change that in a million years.

How about you quit telling me stuff I already know and get right to the point?

Why must you constantly form irrelevant comparisons? My point is, not only does HK receive first class training which is most likely superior to Grievous', but he also receives first class programming. Grievous doesn't; you can't program a sentient brain. He's no Neo. Both yourself and Hord clearly have no idea what you're talking about with that point.

Already been dealt with.

I didn't realise Grievous was an expert with demolitions, an expert marksman, someone who possesses and can use a jetpack effectively, someone who was trained to kill Jedi by a guy who lived in a time where this was common, and someone who possesses first class droid programming. Had no idea. roll eyes (sarcastic)

In this scenario, most likely, though I think the advantage of flight which HK-47 gains via a jetpack is being very much underestimated here. Sure, Grievous can jump pretty high, but he can't fly, and if HK gets far enough in the air, Grievous pretty much can't do squat except wait to be sniped down.

Gideon
I see. Because he is a trained marksman, he will automatically take advantage of the 'numerous gaps' that 'completely expose' Grievous's vital organs? Even assuming that we take that as the gospel (which you've yet to provide proof for), it doesn't matter, does it? The General would be all over HK-47 before the hapless droid managed to fire off a single shot.

You see no evidence? Tell that to Obi-Wan Kenobi, who was most assuredly well beyond any average KotOR Jedi Knight. General Grievous soundly kicked his ass all over the hangar at the end of their little duel, yet Obi-Wan was a powerful Jedi capable of enhancing his reflexes and strength. Yet it didn't matter. Why? Jedi have to summon their strength from the Force, Grievous already has it on hand, ergo, he is at a physical advantage over most Jedi.

Have you ever actually been in a real fight before?

If my opponent relies on trickery and subterfuge to fight, that's all well and good. Typically, people rely on such things when they're sub-par in physical attributes. To say that Grievous's superior strength is irrelevant is in itself irrelevant because it's clearly an advantage that he has over HK-47. Grievous is a gifted tactition fitted with analysis computers -- a point which I can't begin to stress enough -- who is also notorious for fighting with trickery and subterfuge. I could just as easily say that since Grievous can rely on physical strength, HK's trickery is irrelevant because that might not be the way that Grievous inclines to fight. You see how stupid and unsupported that is?

Excellent. So you've conceded the point. That's all I need. I appreciate the debate. smile

Proteus
I see. Because he is a trained marksman, he will automatically take advantage of the 'numerous gaps' that 'completely expose' Grievous's vital organs? Even assuming that we take that as the gospel (which you've yet to provide proof for), it doesn't matter, does it? The General would be all over HK-47 before the hapless droid managed to fire off a single shot.

Again, missing the point. I'm not saying that HK-47 will automatically be gunning him down because of the holes in his armour. I'm saying that if Grievous defends himself, it will be his dodging and blocking ability that does it, not his armour, which really wouldn't make much of a difference.

I asked for proof, not an assumption. How exactly are you in a position to prove that his reflexes even come close to being near Obi-Wan's for him to do as well as he did? Reflexes are hardly a be-all-end-all factor when it comes to fighting, and given Grievous' vastly superior strength and speed, he has a big enough advantage in those factors for him to afford to be lacking somewhat in the reflexes department in comparison. Bottom line: the fight proves nothing for Grievous' reflexes. People with average reflexes have been shown to take it up with Jedi plenty of times before. Now unless you have examples of some awe inspiring reaction time coming from Grievous, or anything that would lead one to such a conclusion, you have no point. Fact is, there's nothing that would lead one to believe that Grievous' reflexes are on par with people who can not only augment them, but who also possess precognitive abilities.

Yes, this applies to strength and speed and the like, but we're talking about reflexes here. You... do know the difference right? Not to be rude or anything, but given this and other arguments, as well as the fact that you believed that physical strength would somehow factor in on reflexes, I don't think you actually fully understand how they work.

No, but I once watched two people fighting during lunch break, and I threw food at them.

No, that's not what I'm saying; all I'm saying is that emphasising the superiority is largely irrelevant. Saying that Grievous is strong is all fine and dandy; focusing your argument on how much stronger is very irrelevant. Superiority over his opponent in this respect isn't relevant, the degree of his own strength is.

Stuff I know/stuff I've already dealt with. Moving on...

Actually, that's completely nonparallel to what I was saying. To emphasise his superiority in assassin-esque characteristics and abilities over Grievous would be irrelevant, but simply making a case for him by emphasising on how useful it would be in a fight isn't.

Actually... I take that back; reply to the rest of my argument now please. Point no longer conceded. big grin

Gideon
You conceded the point. If you don't want to, you need to make a case for HK winning. You've yet to do so. Until such a time, I don't feel the need to keep debating an issue that we ultimately have agreed on: Grievous will win this fight.

Proteus
Look dude, if you want to back out, just say so. We're all men here .

Gideon
Originally posted by Proteus
Look dude, if you want to back out, just say so. We're all men here .

Make a case for HK and I will be happy to debate it. Otherwise, there's no need to address the rest of your point. If you'd like to construe it as cowardice or an unwillingness to argue with you, that's fine with me.

Darth Subjekt
Oh that was a sick burn wasn't it? You're a loser. You try...try to debate with Escape, and then when your ass is handed to you, you try to switch topics by attempting to attack me with a 5th grade insult...hmm, you're a funny little kid. Grow some nuts.

vader11
Well, he is already "Account Restricted".

caedusrulesall
I'd say Grievous cause he has four lightsabers, while HK just can use a single blaster rifle. (or two blaster pistols)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.