Captain America takes on the Myth Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Can cap kill these mythological creatures and monsters ?

Location : A cage (50x50x50 metres ) suspended 75 feet above an active volcano

Stipulations : Cap get's his shield and is healed after every third match, No PIS , No CIS.

3 Minotaur
5 zombies (1950 NOTLD Versions)
1 Griffin
Spring Heeled Jack
Jack-In-Irons
Mothman and Jersey Devil
A Dragon
Achilles

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox

Stipulations : Cap get's his shield and is healed after every third match, No PIS , No CIS.

3 Minotaur
1 Griffin
Spring Heeled Jack
Jack-In-Irons
Mothman and Jersey Devil
A Dragon
Achilles

I think he makes it to Achilles....does he know his weakness? What healed after every THIRD match...ermm erm fighting Achilles after fighting a dragon...dunno man.

NiņoAraņa
3 Minotuars >>>>> 5 NOTLD Zombies.

hulkcpbifiussjf
if cap makes it past the dragon he's got a goos shot cause achilles is know eher near cap's strength plus cap his adamantium shield cap can clear.

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
I think he makes it to Achilles....does he know his weakness? What healed after every THIRD match...ermm erm fighting Achilles after fighting a dragon...dunno man.

I'm pretty sure 75% of the worlds population knows Achilles weakness...

Hercules

grey fox

Hercules
Surprisingly not, Theseus apparently killed it with two stabs from his dagger. The media however, buffed it up to make it look bigger and badder.

Theseus though had both divine and mortal parentage, given that one of his two fathers was Poisedon.

Citizen V
Theseus would of so got bullied if he grew up in the 21st century.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Citizen V
Theseus would of so got bullied if he grew up in the 21st century. damn Muties!

Hercules
Theseus would of so got bullied if he grew up in the 21st century.

Well not in the current sense of "two fathers" he had a mother too, she just slept around with sea Gods...

Citizen V
Originally posted by Hercules
Well not in the current sense of "two fathers" he had a mother too, she just slept around with sea Gods...

They must be punished:

Theseus mother = Bukkake!
Theseus = Wedgied until his anus gushed blood, every day!

thumb up.

grey fox
They must be punished:

Theseus mother = Bukkake!
Theseus = Wedgied until his anus gushed blood, every day!

thumb up.

Bukkake isn't really a punishment...

Citizen V
Bukkake isn't really a punishment...

no expression.

You sound like you're speaking from experience.

jinzin
no expression.

laughing out loud

sick

lol.. Pretty sure scrapes past one depending on minotaur representation.. but f 1 doesn't stop him it seems to me that 6 will.

grey fox
no expression.

no

Some women are just into that sort of thing, different folks for different strokes (Pun unintended)

This representation of the Minotaur is (basically) a human with a bullshead.

grey fox
bump

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud

sick

lol.. Pretty sure scrapes past one depending on minotaur representation.. but f 1 doesn't stop him it seems to me that 6 will.

These are creatures of myth....

Minotaurs weren't anything special in the original myth - they just got boosted up later in life.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
These are creatures of myth....

Minotaurs weren't anything special in the original myth - they just got boosted up later in life.

Well it was a threat to an entire nation . . .

SnazzySmurph
"Dragon" is a fairly broad term... can Western or Eastern at least be specified?

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well it was a threat to an entire nation . . .

I guess none of them owned a small piece of sharp metal...

Symmetric Chaos
I guess none of them owned a small piece of sharp metal...

Poor king he had the money to build a maze the size of a football field and yet he couldn't fund an army. On the other hand if he did have an army (which seems reasonable) then Theseus taking him down says more about Theseus than about the Minotaur.

Soljer
Poor king he had the money to build a maze the size of a football field and yet he couldn't fund an army. On the other hand if he did have an army (which seems reasonable) then Theseus taking him down says more about Theseus than about the Minotaur.

Not quite. I mean, I can see how such a leap would be reasonable, but (and, lord, I can't believe I'm asking this) where are his speed feats? His strength feats? His skill feats?

He was the son of Poseidon. Awesome. Never saw a single thing that'd put him ANYWHERE near the level of captain america, though.

Muck101
I'd say cap takes it all. A shield-blow to the heel would leave achiles crying like a b1tch.

Symmetric Chaos
Not quite. I mean, I can see how such a leap would be reasonable, but (and, lord, I can't believe I'm asking this) where are his speed feats? His strength feats? His skill feats?

He was the son of Poseidon. Awesome. Never saw a single thing that'd put him ANYWHERE near the level of captain america, though.

OK here we go:

Training in wrestling, boxing, discus, javelin, swordplay
Lifted a very large stone (no details in my translation) as a teenager
Killed a giant boar (herc style I assume) that was powerful enough to terrorize yokels
Noted as stronger than "PineBender" a man who used a pine tree as a club
He killed PineBender by bending down two pine trees and tying the man to their tops
He kicked an old man off a cliff
Beat Cercyon at wrestling. Cercyon wrestled every person who came along the path so he can be assumed to have some skill

SnazzySmurph
Best feat, right there.

Soljer
OK here we go:

Training in wrestling, boxing, discus, javelin, swordplay
Lifted a very large stone (no details in my translation) as a teenager
Killed a giant boar (herc style I assume) that was powerful enough to terrorize yokels
Noted as stronger than "PineBender" a man who used a pine tree as a club
He killed PineBender by bending down two pine trees and tying the man to their tops
Beat Cercyon at wrestling. Cercyon wrestled every person who came along the path so he can be assumed to have some skill

No, no, maybe you misread, I asked what feats he had to put him anywhere near Captain America's level...

Symmetric Chaos

No, no, maybe you misread, I asked what feats he had to put him anywhere near Captain America's level...

stick out tongue

You didn't ask for feats that put him on Cap's level. You asked what feats he has and then commented that you didn't remember anything on Cap's level.

So there no expression

Soljer
stick out tongue

You didn't ask for feats that put him on Cap's level. You asked what feats he has and then commented that you didn't remember anything on Cap's level.

So there no expression

If you want to be PARTICULAR about it, I asked WHERE they were - not WHAT they were.

However, you understood the implication, and I'm pretty sure you understood the implication dealing with Captain America as well.

EDIT:

stick out tongue.

Just so that you don't think I'm being serious.

Hercules

You're right, I can't believe you are asking for feats either! stick out tongue

Theseus is an odd one, he is meant to have lifted with ease a huge boulder at age 16 but seeing as he is credited as "Inventing" scientific wrestling where a lightweight can beat a stronger adversary by fancy footwork, trick holds and using the opponent's momentum to his advantage, it can e argued if he had brute strength then he wouldn't have needed to come up with these tactics.

So he could have just been very resourceful which in itself was an heroic trait.

He did take on Periphetes who was a large man and the son of Hephaestus who carried a club wrapped in bronze and use to waylay and killer travellers, he simply took it off him and brained him with it.

He turned the tables on Sinis, who had a nasty habit of tying people to, two bent pine trees and letting them fly, scattering their body parts across the plains.

He killed Sciron, a nasty piece of work who used to kick people off cliffs while they were washing his feet, again though he used his brain more than brawn.

He may have killed the Minotaur with his bare hands, either beating it to death or breaking off one of its horns and stabbing it, as Theseus was meant to be a sacrifice so wasn't meant to have weapons, although most artists impressions have him killing the Minotaur with a sword or dagger.

Some versions of the tale even have him creeping up on the Minotaur while it slept and beating it to death before it could fight back.

The bigger feat was really him escaping the labyrinth and again showed his resourcefulness and his intelligence.

Hes more of an Odesyeus type hero than a Heracles, in fact Heracles was his cousin and he was said to have been there when he faced the Amazons, he actually kidnapped the Amazon queen on a later adventure as well as the then 13 year old Helen of Troy.

He seems to have been a pretty skillful fighter but more of a thinker than a muscle man and if you take the depictions of him braining the Minotaur in its sleep then it doesn't give a decent indication of eithers abilities.

Symmetric Chaos
If you want to be PARTICULAR about it, I asked WHERE they were - not WHAT they were.

Yeah, that was odd.

However, you understood the implication, and I'm pretty sure you understood the implication dealing with Captain America as well.

I don't read much CaptainAmerica but I'm pretty sure he's never been stronger than a guy who can carry a tree as a club.

Soljer
You're right, I can't believe you are asking for feats either! stick out tongue

Theseus is an odd one, he is meant to have lifted with ease a huge boulder at age 16 but seeing as he is credited as "Inventing" scientific wrestling where a lightweight can beat a stronger adversary by fancy footwork, trick holds and using the opponent's momentum to his advantage, it can e argued if he had brute strength then he wouldn't have needed to come up with these tactics.

So he could have just been very resourceful which in itself was an heroic trait.

He did take on Periphetes who was a large man and the son of Hephaestus who carried a club wrapped in bronze and use to waylay and killer travellers, he simply took it off him and brained him with it.

He turned the tables on Sinis, who had a nasty habit of tying people to, two bent pine trees and letting them fly, scattering their body parts across the plains.

He killed Sciron, a nasty piece of work who used to kick people off cliffs while they were washing his feet, again though he used his brain more than brawn.

He may have killed the Minotaur with his bare hands, either beating it to death or breaking off one of its horns and stabbing it, as Theseus was meant to be a sacrifice so wasn't meant to have weapons, although most artists impressions have him killing the Minotaur with a sword or dagger.

Some versions of the tale even have him creeping up on the Minotaur while it slept and beating it to death before it could fight back.

The bigger feat was really him escaping the labyrinth and again showed his resourcefulness and his intelligence.

Hes more of an Odesyeus type hero than a Heracles, in fact Heracles was his cousin and he was said to have been there when he faced the Amazons, he actually kidnapped the Amazon queen on a later adventure as well as the then 13 year old Helen of Troy.

He seems to have been a pretty skillful fighter but more of a thinker than a muscle man and if you take the depictions of him braining the Minotaur in its sleep then it doesn't give a decent indication of eithers abilities.

As I said before, what part of this puts him on Cap's level? He invented a form of leverage wrestling? Cool. He invented it THEN - Cap's mastered the version that has been reworked, changed, and improved upon for the last several thousand years.

And as you mentioned, many of his feats were intelligence and resourcefulness. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mean that he could dodge bullets. It doesn't mean he could hold a missile silo open with his bare hands. It doesn't mean he could punch out of a reactor core. It doesn't mean he could defeat an opponent who was the perfect master of every fighting style on the planet.

We're talking about the Captain America. The guy that's faster than human eyes can track, the guy that can see bullets in slow motion, the guy that can destroy a MUCH more powerful opponent with a tactful hit to...well...anywhere. He'll find a nerve, stick out tongue.

It'd be slightly inane to think that even three minotaurs could tag Captain America if he doesn't want to be tagged.

Likewise, it's hard to believe that a good shield throw or two wouldn't put them down for the count. Or, for good if Cap decides so.

erm.

Hercules
As I said before, what part of this puts him on Cap's level? He invented a form of leverage wrestling? Cool. He invented it THEN - Cap's mastered the version that has been reworked, changed, and improved upon for the last several thousand years.

And as you mentioned, many of his feats were intelligence and resourcefulness. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mean that he could dodge bullets. It doesn't mean he could hold a missile silo open with his bare hands. It doesn't mean he could punch out of a reactor core. It doesn't mean he could defeat an opponent who was the perfect master of every fighting style on the planet.

We're talking about the Captain America. The guy that's faster than human eyes can track, the guy that can see bullets in slow motion, the guy that can destroy a MUCH more powerful opponent with a tactful hit to...well...anywhere. He'll find a nerve, stick out tongue.

It'd be slightly inane to think that even three minotaurs could tag Captain America if he doesn't want to be tagged.

Likewise, it's hard to believe that a good shield throw or two wouldn't put them down for the count. Or, for good if Cap decides so.

erm.

I didn't say it did put him on Cap's level, you asked for feats and I was giving you some. stick out tongue

What I am saying is that if Theseus defeated the Minotaur while it slept and seeing as the Minotaur was only ever fed unarmed and usualy young and female sacrifices, really we have no indication of its abilities.

All we know of it, is the Minotaur had the body of a man and the head and tail of a Bull (or sometimes the body of an ox and the head of a man) and was so feriocious that it was imprisoned in a maze and fed human sacrifices.

Its only later stories featuring Minotaurs that give them superhuman strength and the like but really there is no big indicator that the Minotaur Theseus slew didn't have it either, just as their is no big indicator it did.

I personally would have put the Minotaurs further down than the Zombies, i still think Cap could take them, just think he would find it harder than the Zombies is all.

But seeing a Fox has said that these Minotaurs are just normal humans with bulls heads then as he is the OP, I think they are fine where they are.

Soljer
i still think Cap could take them

thumb up Fair enough, then.

Soljer
As far as the thread goes - Captain America should get to the dragon, in my opinion.

From there it depends on the dragon. There are some dragons legends in which dragons are analogous to dinosaurs - big and dumb. Hell, there are even some small and dumb dragon myths.

Others, however, have them as wise, intelligent, immortal, unmatched for physical prowess, and even capable of wielding world-warping magic.

So....

What dragon?

Assuming Captain America makes it past the Dragon, I happen to believe he could take achilles, especially because he gets basic knowledge of his opponent (his name), and he grew up in the modern(ish) world. stick out tongue.

willRules
I think that Cap can clear it. Just cos Achilles was bathed in the river Styx doesn't mean Cap can't go for a knock out to win the gauntlet. Great match ups by the way yes

Hercules
I'd say depending on the size and type of Dragon that it should be below Achilles, Homer's Achilles was not invulnerable he was simply immortal everywhere but his heal.

It was later that he became invulnerable in legend, he was actually wounded in the illiad, a dragon however is a whole other ball game depending on type and depiction as Soljer pointed out.

I say he stops at the Dragon for now, until Fox gives us clarfication on type etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Make it Bahamut.

Hercules
Make it Bahamut.

The D&D God of Good Dragons?

Or the mythological aquatic figure of Abrabic mythology?

Both would overwhelm Cap but ones not from myth and the other isn't a Dragon.

Symmetric Chaos

Both would overwhelm Cap but ones not from myth and the other isn't a Dragon.

I thought it was a thingy in FF.

Seemed like an interesting opponent none180

Hercules
I thought it was a thingy in FF.

Seemed like an interesting opponent none180

Oh you mean the Summon from the Final Fantasy series! (I was racking my brains for a Fantastic Four opponent for a minute)

So many damn Bahamut's in the media nowadays... stick out tongue

Newjak

Both would overwhelm Cap but ones not from myth and the other isn't a Dragon. Any D&D Dragon would pawn Captain America because they magic.

Symmetric Chaos
Oh you mean the Summon from the Final Fantasy series! (I was racking my brains for a Fantastic Four opponent for a minute)

So many damn Bahamut's in the media nowadays... stick out tongue

It's a good name. He even showed up in 8-BitTheater laughing out loud

Hercules
Originally posted by Newjak
Any D&D Dragon would pawn Captain America because they magic.

And freaking huge! eek!

Symmetric Chaos
Any D&D Dragon would pawn Captain America because they magic.

Not until they reach about 14HD (that is just prior to adulthood)

SnazzySmurph
And freaking huge! eek! Not necessarily.

It could just be a wyrmling, or it could be a great wyrm.

Big range.

Newjak
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Not necessarily.

Big range. I'm not talking about cousins of dragons just the dragons themselves.

Hercules
Not necessarily.

Big range.

Wouldn't they still be relatively large when compared to a 6ft odd 230lb man?

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not talking about cousins of dragons just the dragons themselves.

That is the range for TrueDragons in DnD.

They have to grow up just like everyone else. Wyrmlings (little kids) are the size of migdets and GreatWyrms (1200+ yrs) are the size of a buildings.

Hercules

They have to grow up just like everyone else. Wyrmlings (little kids) are the size of migdets and GreatWyrms (1200+ yrs) are the size of a buildings.

Why would Cap beat up midgets and little kids! durcry2

Newjak

They have to grow up just like everyone else. Wyrmlings (little kids) are the size of migdets and GreatWyrms (1200+ yrs) are the size of a buildings. I wasn't talking about the growning up part. I was just talking about the section in the Monster Manual titled Dragons stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
I wasn't talking about the growning up part. I was just talking about the section in the Monster Manual titled Dragons stick out tongue

That is in the MonsterManual.

SnazzySmurph
I wasn't talking about the growning up part. I was just talking about the section in the Monster Manual titled Dragons stick out tongue That section mentions that the sizes range for each type from Wyrmlings to Great Wyrms.

tongue

Newjak
Edit: Nevermind

Newjak
That section mentions that the sizes range for each type from Wyrmlings to Great Wyrms.

tongue You know what fo some reason I was thinking he was talking about Wyvrens stick out tongue

Hercules
ZOMG, I started a D&D debate! nuts

SnazzySmurph
You know what fo some reason I was thinking he was talking about Wyvrens stick out tongue mhm

ZOMG, I started a D&D debate! nuts Too late, we already resolved. ermmnone

Which is too bad, because Soljer was just dying to join in on the debate... shifty

Hercules
mhm

Too late, we already resolved. ermmnone

Which is too bad, because Soljer was just dying to join in on the debate... shifty

Meh, Newjak posted as I was typing my post. sad

Newjak
mhm

Too late, we already resolved. ermmnone

Which is too bad, because Soljer was just dying to join in on the debate... shifty Anyways so no confusion takes place an Adult D&D Dragon would murder CA.

I wonder how well a D&D Minotaur would do hmm

Hercules
Anyways so no confusion takes place an Adult D&D Dragon would murder CA.

The D&D debate goes on! woot

Newjak
The D&D debate goes on! woot That's what I'm here for cool

Symmetric Chaos
Anyways so no confusion takes place an Adult D&D Dragon would murder CA.

Well they can't be surprised. They're a bit over twice the strength of a normal person. They're essentially armored thanks to their hide. And most of them use big axes.

I'd bet Cap has fought people with that exact description before erm

Hercules
Well they can't be surprised. They're a bit over twice the strength of a normal person. They're essentially armored thanks to their hide. And most of them use big axes.

I'd bet Cap has fought people with that exact description before erm

Battle Axe the Female unlimited class wrestler! eek!

Newjak

I'd bet Cap has fought people with that exact description before erm Still there would be five of them stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
I wonder what it would take to bring down Tanaraq if it showed up on marvel earth.......shifty stick out tongue

SnazzySmurph
Still there would be five of them stick out tongue Originally posted by grey fox

3 Minotaur
1 Griffin
Spring Heeled Jack
Jack-In-Irons
Mothman and Jersey Devil
A Dragon
Achilles

grey fox
The dragon is your classic media depiction of a Western dragon.

Aka.

The size of a house, wings , breathe fire, animal intelligence ect.

Personally though I doubt Cap can get past Spring Heeled Jack , were talking 'bout a guy who can jump over buildings, breathe fire , has reasonably sharp claws ect.

grey fox
bump

King Kandy
What Dragon is it? It could be anything from one of those lameass dragons that get killed by a single man or one of those Dragon Kings from Chinese lore that are basicaly immortal and have ultra-powerful magic.

Soljer
Originally posted by King Kandy
What Dragon is it? It could be anything from one of those lameass dragons that get killed by a single man or one of those Dragon Kings from Chinese lore that are basicaly immortal and have ultra-powerful magic.

He already specified. Score for reading the thread.

King Kandy
He already specified. Score for reading the thread.
Wow... I red every page except for this one... Sucks for me.

grey fox
Originally posted by King Kandy
Wow... I red every page except for this one... Sucks for me.

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.