X-Men: Utopia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolver1ne
Alright since I did a search and nothing came up, I went ahead and created this thread for everyone to discuss about the upcoming x-men arc of Messiah Complex! Okay I'll start with things here by posting a picture. This is one of the cover of it that was recently posted by IGN!

Okay, Time to duscuss! big grin

Grimm22
Storm looks very strange in that picture

pr1983
i could have sworn there was one for this already...

and besides, it belongs in the x-men section...

series should be good tho... praying for a cyclops sinister showdown...

Darth Vicious
I figured we were gonna continue this discussion on the endangered Species thread. Anyways, In the latest Wizard(192) theres an article about Messiah Complex. Apparantly someone will betray mutantkind and one of the X-men's big guns will die(again).

Wolver1ne
Originally posted by pr1983
i could have sworn there was one for this already...

and besides, it belongs in the x-men section...

series should be good tho... praying for a cyclops sinister showdown... Well I noticed that more people check out the comic book forum more than the x-men forum, so I thought by putting it here would attract more attention and have more replies. Hmm maybe a mod could merge the same thread in the x-men forum with this one?

Also another picture from MC. big grin

Blair Wind
I keep seeing that same team for messiah complex. Im guessing they are going to be the major supporting characters (with Cyclops being the main character in the storyline, according to well...everyone).

Angel and Nightcrawler are looking badass in those pictures btw.

Two other pictures for it:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6739/cover2f20934el7.th.jpghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1998/uxm492acolorsv12f24b9cif7.th.jpg

ExodusCloak
Here's a link to a few pages from the issue(s):

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Marvel/X-Men/panel.html

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I keep seeing that same team for messiah complex. Im guessing they are going to be the major supporting characters (with Cyclops being the main character in the storyline, according to well...everyone).

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6739/cover2f20934el7.th.jpghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1998/uxm492acolorsv12f24b9cif7.th.jpg

So, Sinister is actually going to do something for once?

Wolver1ne
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
So, Sinister is actually going to do something for once? Yea I heard that Sinister is going to be the main Antagonist for this event, imo that would be cool though cause I think its time Sinister is back in the spotlight.

Blair Wind
I just hope the whole Summers/Sinister connection is finally covered. Why the hell did Sinister always want that families DNA?

llagrok
I just hope the whole Summers/Sinister connection is finally covered. Why the hell did Sinister always want that families DNA?

Using the "combined powers of the summers bloodline" they were capable of killing Apocalypse. Wasn't that one of Sinister's countless long-term goals?

Blair Wind
Heh, maybe. I dont really know, I just dont ever remember hearing about why he wanted that so bad. Maybe it has already been covered erm

pr1983
Heh, maybe. I dont really know, I just dont ever remember hearing about why he wanted that so bad. Maybe it has already been covered erm

the combination of scott and jean's dna has the potential to create a being capable of great power (cable, nate grey etc), so naturally he wants them... to kill apocalypse and rule the world too...

Originally posted by Wolver1ne
Well I noticed that more people check out the comic book forum more than the x-men forum, so I thought by putting it here would attract more attention and have more replies. Hmm maybe a mod could merge the same thread in the x-men forum with this one?

Also another picture from MC. big grin

lol, maybe, but its still an x-men series...

nice...

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Here's a link to a few pages from the issue(s):

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Marvel/X-Men/panel.html

don't want to jinx it, but i'm looking forward to this one...

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by llagrok
Using the "combined powers of the summers bloodline" they were capable of killing Apocalypse. Wasn't that one of Sinister's countless long-term goals?

I think it's been his only goal throughout the years...

And it has seriously wasted his character...

llagrok

When you've been somebody's ***** for over a hundred years, you're bound to wanna kill them.

ExodusCloak
Does anyone know how much of the art Salvador Laccora is doing? Because man his art is damn ugly. Hopefully he'll get kicked off UXM and into one of those Avenger Books.
Storm has got a Condoleezza Rice overbite, Mags look like Ian Mckellen...Valerie Cooper looks like a Hilary Clinton Wench and Johnny Storm has really let himself go.

pr1983
Does anyone know how much of the art Salvador Laccora is doing? Because man his art is damn ugly. Hopefully he'll get kicked off UXM and into one of those Avenger Books.
Storm has got a Condoleezza Rice overbite, Mags look like Ian Mckellen...Valerie Cooper looks like a Hilary Clinton Wench and Johnny Storm has really let himself go.

silvestri's doing the one-shot isnt he?

and isnt it larrocca? stick out tongue you're right though, i wouldnt let him near this...

ExodusCloak
silvestri's doing the one-shot isnt he?

and isnt it larrocca? stick out tongue you're right though, i wouldnt let him near this...

Yeah... embarrasment

Meh I can accept Crapalos and Ramos' art because of Carey....but Salvador is too X-treme X-Men for me...man that book is poor...its poorer then poor...it doesn't even deserve to be recycled....

ExodusCloak
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128387

Xavier looks like he'll get his very own series after this run...might even become an ongoing if it does well enough. Might even be an Xavier/Magneto team book with Acolytes and X-Men.

willRules

Xavier looks like he'll get his very own series after this run...might even become an ongoing if it does well enough. Might even be an Xavier/Magneto team book with Acolytes and X-Men.

eek! Happy Dance eek! Happy Dance cool

Evil_Ash

I'm tired of artists playing around with Sinister's features....

He already looked funny enough with a goatee. Now he appears to have, what? A mullet?

ExodusCloak
Aww crap:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128459

pr1983
Yeah... embarrasment

Meh I can accept Crapalos and Ramos' art because of Carey....but Salvador is too X-treme X-Men for me...man that book is poor...its poorer then poor...it doesn't even deserve to be recycled....

most x-men artists are poor nowadays tho, bar maybe cassaday (and even he isnt perfect imo), but silvestri is pretty good, so thats something at least...

i think i missed the xavier part... messed

Aww crap:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128459

aww f*ck.

me being one of the people who hated avengers disassembled, i can see me hating this altogether...

ExodusCloak
most x-men artists are poor nowadays tho, bar maybe cassaday (and even he isnt perfect imo), but silvestri is pretty good, so thats something at least...

Yeah I like Silvestri's work...Cassaday has his bad days but I'd still give him 5 stars.

That's me analysing it. Carey said the character who will get their pseudo-solo book has been there from the start and has never had a solo book before...this book is also a possible ongoing...

It's not Jean, Iceman or Cyclops....they've all had mini's.

Leaving Angel, Beast and Xavier. The only person there who could hold a solo book which could be turned into a team book is Xavier and it would make sense seeing how this dissassembled thing looks like it'll be Scott vs Xavier.

pr1983
Yeah I like Silvestri's work...Cassaday has his bad days but I'd still give him 5 stars.

That's me analysing it. Carey said the character who will get their pseudo-solo book has been there from the start and has never had a solo book before...this book is also a possible ongoing...

Leaving Angel, Beast and Xavier. The only person there who could hold a solo book which could be turned into a team book is Xavier and it would make sense seeing how this dissassembled thing looks like it'll be Scott vs Xavier.

5 stars, unless he's drawing cyclops... stick out tongue

yeah, xavier is the most logical choice i guess...

TheSentry
I still can't read this because I haven't finished Ashtonishing. But I forgot what issue I was on damn it!!

ExodusCloak
5 stars, unless he's drawing cyclops... stick out tongue

yeah, xavier is the most logical choice i guess...

Cassady's Emma can sometimes appear to be a little butch...but hey...it's not that bad. stick out tongue

pr1983
Cassady's Emma can sometimes appear to be a little butch...but hey...it's not that bad. stick out tongue

oh, no, i didnt mean to say that it was... he's awesome when it comes to facial expressions, and he draws combat pretty well imo...

he's still leagues ahead of the bachalo's and larrocca's (did you read the last uncanny? man that storm is ugly) of the world...

ExodusCloak
oh, no, i didnt mean to say that it was... he's awesome when it comes to facial expressions, and he draws combat pretty well imo...

he's still leagues ahead of the bachalo's and larrocca's (did you read the last uncanny? man that storm is ugly) of the world...

Yeah - Magneto is on a train. Introduce mutant who see's the future and writes her visions into a diary and has a stupid codename. Hepzibah and Warpath encounter the Morlocks, they retreat because they're afraid of the Morlocks powers close up so they wait to attack when Leech is around. Skip over to Storm and crazy Women...Storm gets the book of visions...Warpath and Co attack the Morlocks and get caught...Storm gets attacked and trapped under some rocks.

Talk about crappy issues.

Well she was modelled after Ms. Rice...stick out tongue I still think the title "Hilary Clinton Wench" is too nice for Valerie Cooper...man does she look like crap under Larroca's pen.

Ramos draws characters with dislocated jaws....

Blair Wind

I think Beast is covered in Endangered Species stick out tongue

And Angel seems to be prominent in the new teaser images, but I would agree it being Xavier...

ExodusCloak
I think Beast is covered in Endangered Species stick out tongue

And Angel seems to be prominent in the new teaser images, but I would agree it being Xavier...

Very true...I forgot about Endangered Species embarrasment

pr1983
Yeah - Magneto is on a train. Introduce mutant who see's the future and writes her visions into a diary and has a stupid codename. Hepzibah and Warpath encounter the Morlocks, they retreat because they're afraid of the Morlocks powers close up so they wait to attack when Leech is around. Skip over to Storm and crazy Women...Storm gets the book of visions...Warpath and Co attack the Morlocks and get caught...Storm gets attacked and trapped under some rocks.

Talk about crappy issues.

Well she was modelled after Ms. Rice...stick out tongue I still think the title "Hilary Clinton Wench" is too nice for Valerie Cooper...man does she look like crap under Larroca's pen.

Ramos draws characters with dislocated jaws....

how come x-men (supposedly one of marvel's biggest draws), gets guys like carey and larrocca while other, so called less important books get bigger talent?

ExodusCloak
how come x-men (supposedly one of marvel's biggest draws), gets guys like carey and larrocca while other, so called less important books get bigger talent?

I like Carey...you probably mean Crapalo. stick out tongue Not sure they want to push Avenger books so that might be a reason. Skottie's art on New X-Men is not that bad. I think it suits the book.

X-factors art isn't that bad either.

X-Factor #23 Preview (Scotts there):
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/07/marvelfirsts.htm

pr1983
I like Carey...you probably mean Crapalo. stick out tongue Not sure they want to push Avenger books so that might be a reason. Skottie's art on New X-Men is not that bad. I think it suits the book.

X-factors art isn't that bad either.

X-Factor #23 Preview (Scotts there):
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/07/marvelfirsts.htm

no, i meant carey... stick out tongue

bachalo is shit tho...

x-factor's not a bad book at all, but i was talking about x-men...

same for new x-men, i was talking about the seniors... stick out tongue

Blair Wind

bachalo is shit tho...

I like Carey. Only freaking writer willing to develop Iceman.

ExodusCloak

bachalo is shit tho...

mad You don't like Mike Carey...?? stick out tongue That is surprising...

pr1983
I like Carey. Only freaking writer willing to develop Iceman.

i'll give credit where credit's due, he has done a fair bit for bobby, and the mystique thing was a surprise to me...

other than that though, everytime i read his comics i'm sort of left thinking "was that x-men?" i dunno, maybe its the team, or the art, i dunno...

mad You don't like Mike Carey...?? stick out tongue That is suprising...

shrug

as i said, i just can't seem to get into his x-men books...

ExodusCloak
i'll give credit where credit's due, he has done a fair bit for bobby, and the mystique thing was a surprise to me...

other than that though, everytime i read his comics i'm sort of left thinking "was that x-men?" i dunno, maybe its the team, or the art, i dunno...

Okay I'll admit it...he favours Emma Frost...so I'm a bit bias. His work isn't anything revolutionary but it's decent IMO.

willRules
X-men disassembled huh?

Well afterwords can we expect two teams of new and mighty X-men???

pr1983
Okay I'll admit it...he favours Emma Frost...so I'm a bit bias. His work isn't anything revolutionary but it's decent IMO.

you can never get enough emma i guess...

i think it might be down to the point that rogue is someone i could never see leading a team... even if they are a pretty wild bunch...

Originally posted by willRules
X-men disassembled huh?

Well afterwords can we expect two teams of new and mighty X-men???

and cyclops and xavier to lead two armies of mutants against each other... messed

ExodusCloak
you can never get enough emma i guess...

i think it might be down to the point that rogue is someone i could never see leading a team... even if they are a pretty wild bunch...

It depends who's writing it...I wouldn't touch it if Austan or Milligan are writing it.

Yeah, another user told me the exact same thing a while back wait...I think that was Blair ??. Could just be the dislocated jaws and Carey did have a few bumpy arcs. In all honesty I only started enjoying his work recently. Everything else was decent.
The Blinded by the Light arc...for obvious reasons. Exodus and Emma in the same comic....and then to top it all off Unuscione and Cargil aswell. And then Sinister getting his time to shine.

All I can say is that Brubakers Morlocks have nothing on the Acolytes.

pr1983
It depends who's writing it...I wouldn't touch it if Austan or Milligan are writing it.

Yeah, another user told me the exact same thing a while back wait...I think that was Blair ??. Could just be the dislocated jaws and Carey did have a few bumpy arcs. In all honesty I only started enjoying his work recently. Everything else was decent.
The Blinded by the Light arc...for obvious reasons. Exodus and Emma in the same comic....and then to top it all off Unuscione and Cargil aswell. And then Sinister getting his time to shine.

All I can say is that Brubakers Morlocks have nothing on the Acolytes.

which one was blinded by the light?

sinister only truly shines when he and scott are staring each other down and you can literally feel the hate in the room... stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
which one was blinded by the light?

sinister only truly shines when he and scott are staring each other down and you can literally feel the hate in the room... stick out tongue

The most recent arc. From X-Men #200 and onwards.

I can't wait for that. I'm hoping Scott gets more screentime...in fact I think he will. It seems like the whole Xavier vs Scott thing will not involve any Emma influence.(Well I hope not) Which I'm perfectly fine with since it'll actually be kind of nice to hear what Scott has to say...for once stick out tongue

pr1983
The most recent arc. From X-Men #200 and onwards.

I can't wait for that. I'm hoping Scott gets more screentime...in fact I think he will. It seems like the whole Xavier vs Scott thing will not involve any Emma influence.(Well I hope not) Which I'm perfectly fine with since it'll actually be kind of nice to hear what Scott has to say...for once stick out tongue

ah... i only read the first issue, then dropped it... messed

lol, well its the phoenix's fault...

and at least he tells her whats what in astonishing...

ExodusCloak
ah... i only read the first issue, then dropped it... messed

lol, well its the phoenix's fault...

and at least he tells her whats what in astonishing...

So you didn't read the issue with Exodus in it? It wasn't that exciting he tortured Kitty for like two panels. From the preview of #203 Scott seems to having given the green light to allow Emma to mindwipe Kitty in order to prevent Exodus from getting any information off her.

True, Scotts finally being put back together in Astonishing.

pr1983
So you didn't read the issue with Exodus in it? It wasn't that exciting he tortured Kitty for like two panels. From the preview of #203 Scott seems to having given the green light to allow Emma to mindwipe Kitty in order to prevent Exodus from getting any information off her.

True, Scotts finally being put back together in Astonishing.

i'll try to get my hands on 201-202 if i can... but are they really worth it?

i still maintain that scott is still under some kind of voodoo from here comes tomorrow...

ExodusCloak
i'll try to get my hands on 201-202 if i can... but are they really worth it?

i still maintain that scott is still under some kind of voodoo from here comes tomorrow...

Eh...don't get them. Just check your PM tommorrow.(Later on today) stick out tongue

pr1983
Eh...don't get them. Just check your PM tommorrow.(Later on today) stick out tongue

lol, will do... stick out tongue

i think i have c-display here somewhere...

edit: found it...

TheSentry
Astonishing X-Men 23 is after Cival War..or before?

pr1983
Originally posted by TheSentry
Astonishing X-Men 23 is after Cival War..or before?

after...

Wolver1ne
But is astonishing before or after Messiah Complex? The continuity is really confusing for me...

willRules
After, I think yes

Wolver1ne
Oh crap, well then if its after then I think that there IS a possibility that Cyke will die in astonishing...

JasonK4
http://comics.ign.com/articles/819/819030p1.html

King_Mungi
Uuuuuh...X-Force?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Uuuuuh...X-Force?

They had an article on Newsarama Yesterday but it was pulled out. They started showing the members of the new X-force and the ones they showed were Wolverine, X-23, Warpath and someone else. Their uniforms will be black and gray and the artwork look straight out of X-men Evo. Plus Cable will be back in one of the teams or a new team and will get his own series again.

Citizen V
See, I'm glad I realised it said FORCE and not X-Factor, because I would have been enraged had they done anything to ruin that perfect book.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Citizen V
See, I'm glad I realised it said FORCE and not X-Factor, because I would have been enraged had they done anything to ruin that perfect book.

wolfsbane is being shuffled from PAD and x-factor to the new EXXXXTREEEEME team.

I'm pissed.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Black Adam
wolfsbane is being shuffled from PAD and x-factor to the new EXXXXTREEEEME team.

I'm pissed.

She's done nothing in X Factor and is the character I care least about on the team, I'm not that bothered at all to be honest.

The only thing Wolfsbane has done is sleep with Rictor, and nag. And seeing as Pietro is around, all she's needed for now is nagging..

And well, it's not even funny nagging, it's just "Omgz, I'm a catholic and your soul will burn in Hell if you do this" etc. erm.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
They had an article on Newsarama Yesterday but it was pulled out. They started showing the members of the new X-force and the ones they showed were Wolverine, X-23, Warpath and someone else. Their uniforms will be black and gray and the artwork look straight out of X-men Evo. Plus Cable will be back in one of the teams or a new team and will get his own series again.

Yes I have seen the article, and even the link above my post talks about it.

Lineup is blargh to me!

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yes I have seen the article, and even the link above my post talks about it.

Lineup is blargh to me!

Anyone will blades looks like they'll make the team. Who is mutant zero Revanche? God I hope not cause she sucked and is supposed to be dead.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm glad Cable is returning afterward. Also I'm glad The X-Force are also back.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm glad Cable is returning afterward. Also I'm glad The X-Force are also back.

As long as Liefield aint drawing Im good!

willRules
Anyone will blades looks like they'll make the team. Who is mutant zero Revanche? God I hope not cause she sucked and is supposed to be dead.

My first thought when I saw her was of Psylocke yes

ExodusCloak
My first thought when I saw her was of Psylocke yes

Don't say such things. stick out tongue

llagrok
Looks like it's curtain-fall for old Beastie.

Darth Vicious

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5571/xforce1ez0.th.jpg

pr1983
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5571/xforce1ez0.th.jpg

imo, that looks a bit... crap.

Evil_Ash

They look like evil clones. no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
They look like evil clones. no expression

that too...

Darth Vicious
Thats what the red eyes lead me to believe.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

It sounds good. I hope the artwork and stories are also good.

Darth Vicious
Depends on the writer. If it is a crappy writer then I hope is a mini/maxi series.

pr1983
shock

http://www.comicreaders.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2064

"The sole weakness that Astonishing X-Men has suffered has been its alienation from the contemporary X-Men canon. These characters exist in a separate world, which is a shame because the events Whedon is tackling are so significant. But it also might be necessary. It would be difficult to render such profoundly human stories within the context of the X-books milieu, with their swelling casts and action-dependent narratives."

tell me that's not true...

ExodusCloak
shock

http://www.comicreaders.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2064

"The sole weakness that Astonishing X-Men has suffered has been its alienation from the contemporary X-Men canon. These characters exist in a separate world, which is a shame because the events Whedon is tackling are so significant. But it also might be necessary. It would be difficult to render such profoundly human stories within the context of the X-books milieu, with their swelling casts and action-dependent narratives."

tell me that's not true...

Quesada says AXM will finally be placed into continuity once the last issue comes out.(Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men.)
Carey said AXM occurs right before the Messiah Complex.

Well actually now that I re-read what he's saying it is kind of true. The second run has been aliented from the other X-books(For now)...but that doesn't make it non-canon.

So just to clarify AXM does not occur in a separate universe.

SnazzySmurph
That X-23 pic (from the new X-Force art) is disturbing... no expression

JasonK4
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
That X-23 pic (from the new X-Force art) is disturbing... no expression
Why do you say that? none180

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by JasonK4
Why do you say that? none180 Her arms look like hardened spaghetti, she appears to be covered in vaseline, and there's like a foot of space between her chin and her cleavage.

JasonK4
Her arms look like hardened spaghetti, she appears to be covered in vaseline, and there's like a foot of space between her chin and her cleavage.
laughing out loud

King_Mungi
I think Mutant Zero will be revealed in the next Initiative issue, not sure who it is

Blair Wind
mutant zero? confused

ExodusCloak
mutant zero? confused

Yeah a secret mutant who kept their powers after M-day and the intiative never listed them in the 198 files. Come to think of it, it could also be Typhoid Mary.

Big Sexy
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5571/xforce1ez0.th.jpg too many savages on that team.

pr1983
Quesada says AXM will finally be placed into continuity once the last issue comes out.(Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men.)
Carey said AXM occurs right before the Messiah Complex.

Well actually now that I re-read what he's saying it is kind of true. The second run has been aliented from the other X-books(For now)...but that doesn't make it non-canon.

So just to clarify AXM does not occur in a separate universe.

i'd just always assumed it was canon based on colossus's resurrection and the scott emma relationship seeming to just continue on from brand new morning (i think it was called).

good to know for sure though...

Her arms look like hardened spaghetti, she appears to be covered in vaseline, and there's like a foot of space between her chin and her cleavage.

and here was me thinking i couldnt dislike that character any more than i did already... messed

ExodusCloak
Dr Strange has a new apprentice? Possibly?

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/14/newxmen425.htm

llagrok
Dr Strange has a new apprentice? Possibly?

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/14/newxmen425.htm

I think I saw one of his "apprentices" in NA wink

ExodusCloak
Post Messiah Complex Cyclops

http://comics.ign.com/articles/820/820193p3.html

ExodusCloak
December solicits:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11855

Two more...

ULTIMATE X-MEN #89
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by TYLER KIRKHAM
Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE

Storm soars solo! The sinister Shadow King is desperate to escape from the mental prison he was placed in centuries ago - and he'll destroy Storm to do it! But will his freedom also unleash the horrifying swarm of the alien Brood? And will even the X-Men be enough to battle a being who has plotted our death and destruction for ages?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

WHAT IF? X-MEN: THE RISE & FALL OF THE SHI'AR EMPIRE
Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST
Penciled by LARRY STROMAN
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

THE RISE & FALL OF THE SHI'AR EMPIRE was an X-Men event like no other. Fresh off X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS, Ed Brubaker took Marvel's mighty mutants off Earth and on an intergalactic journey to stop VULCAN, the third Summers brother, from exacting revenge on the Shi'Ar Empire! But in that final battle in front of the M'Kraan Crystal, what if Vulcan absorbed the very energies that contained it many years ago? In other words, what if Vulcan became PHOENIX? When his unlimited rage is fueled with unlimited power...who will be able to stop him now?

Writer Chris Yost (X-23, New X-Men, TV's Fantastic Four) welcomes the return of legendary X-Factor and Alien Legion artist Larry Stroman to the X-Universe with this action-packed issue.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

willRules
That "what if" looks terrible sad I must have been one of the few people who actually enjoyed the rise and fall of the Shi'ar empire, Darwin is such a cool character yes

Darth Vicious
That "what if" looks terrible sad I must have been one of the few people who actually enjoyed the rise and fall of the Shi'ar empire, Darwin is such a cool character yes
I enjoyed it myself too. Rachel has become one of my favorite characters and the guy with the huge sword is pretty cool. Im not too fond of Havok. Emperor Vulcan just started, anybody reading it?

willRules
I enjoyed it myself too. Rachel has become one of my favorite characters and the guy with the huge sword is pretty cool. Im not too fond of Havok. Emperor Vulcan just started, anybody reading it?

Yeah Rachel rocks. As for Emperor Vulcan, I'll probably wait for the trade yes

llagrok

I couldn't disagree more :/

Rachel history and integrity has been whored around lately. Uncanny x-men before they went into shi'ar space was just a nightmare. Bruebaker didn't do a bad job depicting her imo, but the recent ones have just been horrible.

pr1983

tjcoady
between his Captain America, Sleeper, Daredevil, and how awesome the upcoming Messiah Complex looks... how could you possibly NOT adore Brubaker?

pr1983
Originally posted by tjcoady
between his Captain America, Sleeper, Daredevil, and how awesome the upcoming Messiah Complex looks... how could you possibly NOT adore Brubaker?

his uncanny x-men was shit.

Darth Vicious
I couldn't disagree more :/

Rachel history and integrity has been whored around lately. Uncanny x-men before they went into shi'ar space was just a nightmare. Bruebaker didn't do a bad job depicting her imo, but the recent ones have just been horrible.
I suppose thats a matter of opinion. So far Ive been enjoying this version of Rachel. I also liked the Shiar hunting down the Greys because to them it represents a threat and Rachel's hell bent on vengeance because of it.

willRules

Meh, I like it yes and I like the art yes

pr1983
Meh, I like it yes and I like the art yes

then we disagree on both counts... stick out tongue

ExodusCloak

I concur...it still is btw.

pr1983
I concur...it still is btw.

yep...

willRules
Well then.......

You're both Poo heads cry

ExodusCloak
Poo heads

I could think of a few synonyms to describe Larocca's art and Brubakers writing on UXM. stick out tongue

Qwerty and her Lesbian lover Delphi who happens to be the same crazy old lady from titanic....Hilary Clinton Wench(Valerie Cooper)......Hepzislut...Johnny Storm after long term heroin abuse...Condoleezza Storm getting buried in such again in such unsanitary cirumstances. erm

pr1983
I could think of a few synonyms to describe Larocca's art and Brubakers writing on UXM. stick out tongue

Qwerty and her Lesbian lover Delphi who happens to be the same crazy old lady from titanic....Hilary Clinton Wench(Valerie Cooper)......Hepzislut...Johnny Storm after long term heroin abuse...Condoleezza Storm getting buried in such unsanitary cirumstances. erm

johnny storm?

ExodusCloak
johnny storm?

Remember the butt ugly Johnny Storm that made a cameo a few issues back with the Thing?

pr1983
Well then.......

You're both Poo heads cry

stick out tongue

Remember the butt ugly Johnny Storm that made a cameo a few issues back with the Thing?

i might have to read it again... i tried to get through those issues as fast as possible...

ExodusCloak
i might have to read it again... i tried to get through those issues as fast as possible...

Uncanny X-Men #489
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/previews072607/UNCX489_int-6.jpg

pr1983
Uncanny X-Men #489
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/previews072607/UNCX489_int-6.jpg

christ he's ugly...

willRules
Wow I haven't read that issue. Looks pretty bad sad

pr1983
Question:

does this image give the impression that scott and emma were about to psychically sleep together?

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3024/67487848rz4.th.jpg

i personally think it does, and is the beginning of scott and emma's psychic affair...

Lord S
I'll wait for the TPB...just like I'm waiting for the 'Endagered Species' TPB.

willRules
Me too. I'm doing the same with Thor and Iron-Fist. it's sooo hard to resist the monthly issues yes

ExodusCloak
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12037

ExodusCloak
More:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006069429.cfm

ExodusCloak
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131899

ExodusCloak
Ooh More:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12046

Blur
Me too. I'm doing the same with Thor and Iron-Fist. it's sooo hard to resist the monthly issues yes

Then bloody buy them. Its people like you that cause series to be canceled by always waiting. What a f*cking waste.

willRules
Originally posted by Blur
Then bloody buy them. Its people like you that cause series to be canceled by always waiting. What a f*cking waste.

wink Well I was gonna wait, but now that you put it sooo politely and argued your case sooooo well, I'm gonna haveta say........

Screw you! rolling on floor laughing

Creshosk
Then bloody buy them. Its people like you that cause series to be canceled by always waiting. What a f*cking waste. Since X-men already looks like its going to be canceled as part of Monkey Q's anti-x-men campaign, I don't think it matters at this point in time.

pr1983

ExodusCloak
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/24/marvelpress.htm
http://comics.ign.com/articles/825/825308p1.html

Yeah was pretty dissapointed when I saw the art thing...agree about the Rachel Grey fan thing...

llagrok

**** you smile

pr1983
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0709/24/marvelpress.htm
http://comics.ign.com/articles/825/825308p1.html

Yeah was pretty dissapointed when I saw the art thing...agree about the Rachel Grey fan thing...

argh, IGN...

**** you smile

there's no need for that either...

ExodusCloak
X-Position Week #20

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12096

pr1983

ExodusCloak

pr1983
Nah...Cable.

As for the Xavier thing...he is evil. It's kind of funny after all the Emma's going to betray the X-Men speculation. Xavier is the one who gets forced into turning on them. Looks likes he's going to get WTF telepathically pwned by Exodus or Sinister or Malice via cerebra since she's digital now.

yippee etc...

ExodusCloak
Layla Pwns:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/demon-1.jpg

X-Factor #24 spoiler scans:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor24dcp0005bp0.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor24dcp0020re3.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor24dcp0021eu9.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor24dcp0023be5.jpg

willRules

ExodusCloak
More Bru

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=132737

srankmissingnin
They should have made Messiah Complex a Wolverine story. Lone Wolf and Cub + Children of Men + Wolverine = Awesome.

Hyperion 07
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
They should have made Messiah Complex a Wolverine story. Lone Wolf and Cub + Children of Men + Wolverine = Awesome.

Why? We have to much of him anyway. Besides the character sucks and is hated.

He is damn crap.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Hyperion 07

He is damn crap.

Well he is no Hyperion after all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you can never have to much Wolverine! Besides... he doesn't have nearly as many monthly titles with his name on them as Spider-man/Batman/Super-man.

ExodusCloak
It looks like it's going to be a Scott story...when you think about it there are plenty of X-characters who suffer from the Messiah Complex mental disorder so you never know. Looks good IMO.

ExodusCloak
January Solicits

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12123

ExodusCloak
X-Men #204 Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12149

Emma and Scott scene was good. Look at it a few times and then you'll see how well they compliment each other.

srankmissingnin
Sinister looks like a tranny sad

Harry Fingerman
Sinister looks like a tranny sad Or one of those anime males...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Or one of those anime males...

He certainly does look like he can be the lead male in the next Final Fantasy game.

srankmissingnin
I guess when you are doing a story where Gambit is going to play a big roll you need someone even more sexually ambiguous then he is.

/shrug

Switch 07
Well he is no Hyperion after all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you can never have to much Wolverine! Besides... he doesn't have nearly as many monthly titles with his name on them as Spider-man/Batman/Super-man.

Well Hyperion isn't written bad all the time so no.

Yes, yes you can, one comic of his alone is to much. That statement. no expression

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Switch 07

He is damn crap.
...............this really does not help people to take you seriously when wolverine is a subject of a debate man. sad

Switch 07
Originally posted by Battlehammer
...............this really does not help people to take you seriously when wolverine is a subject of a debate man. sad To be honest.

I don't give a crap man. You all think hes teh awesome I think hes teh shit.

HueyFreeman
Does anyone know the Messiah Complex story yet. The series curently seems to be all over the place. The Marauders are looking for Destiny's diaries "Hasn't this happened already?" Beasts trip seems to be going nowhere. What is the Messiah baby?

Wolver1ne
Everyone check this out, the art is AWESOME!!!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/827/827571p1.html

willRules
droolio

Alfheim

Yeah why not......its not like he doesnt get enough coverage as it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
Originally posted by Switch 07
To be honest.

I don't give a crap man. You all think hes awesome I think hes shit. fixed.

remember

The shit = thumb up
Just shit = thumb down

Thinking that something is THE shit means you like it. Thinking something is shit means you don't.

pr1983
It looks like it's going to be a Scott story...

woot

X-Men #204 Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12149

Emma and Scott scene was good. Look at it a few times and then you'll see how well they compliment each other.

nice scene, nice art... still hate the visor though...

ExodusCloak
Mike Carey Interview and More Scans from X-Men #204

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006179784.cfm

pr1983
Mike Carey Interview and More Scans from X-Men #204

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006179784.cfm

ooh, scannage... not bad i guess... wish they'd just release the damn thing...

the new x-men uniforms seem to be back in vogue though...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>