"I DON'T SENSE ANYTHING"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
In TPM when Obi-Wan says "I have a bad feeling about this," Qui-Gon replies "I don't sense anything."
Only a few lines later Qui-Gon says "I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade pursuit."
So why does he change his mind so quickly? I'm sure the Neimoidians couldn't have been fearless one moment and then scared the next.

theEviljedi
Maybe Qui-Gon didn't want to admit he was wrong.laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Yeah maybe it just further shows us that his Jedi skills aren't as perfect as they could be.

theEviljedi
Could be.

Darth Daft

Gundark
Qui-Gon replies this to Obi-Wan before the droid tells the Nemoidians that the ambassadors are Jedi Knights. That is when Qui-Gon picks up on "I'm not going in there with two Jedi". Obi-Wan originally said that what he sensed was "elsewhere, elusive". That could have been any number of things and something we may never even find out.

theEviljedi
I'm pretty sure it was ether the Sith or Anakin.

Darth Daft
Good point Gundark. I should have worked that out.

darth stu
we've seen different people sense different things. palpatine missed luke landing on endor when vader sensed it.

that line in TPM always bothers me. when obi-wan says, "i have a bad feeling about THIS." why does he say "this"? qui-gon says, "i don't sense anything" obviously refering to their present situation. "obi-wan says, "no, it's elsewhere."

so why didn't he say "i have a bad feeling about something, but i can't tell what it is, and it's not about this mission"??

Darth Daft
I actually see what you mean by that, Stu. He would indeed say something other than "this" if he wasn't reffering to the mission. Hmmm, what is it that he is actually sensing elsewhere? Is it the Sith down on Coruscant? Or maybe just visions of the future, the invasion perhaps. What do you think?

UnknownBountyHunter
Gundark stole my answer!! smile

Gundark
Sorry, UBH, I just happened to get here before you. smile By the way, I left you an important post in the GD forum under sports. smile

Xizor
"I've got a bad feeling about this" Is a line that Lucas perposfully put into all 3 movies, if you remember, Leia said it in the trash compactor, Han said it in the space slug and Luke on the shuttle. In TPM, I think that line was thrown in so soon b/c Lucas simply wanted it in to jog fans memories back to the original film and keep the tradition going. The line itself leaves much to be desired as it just adds confusion to the situation and makes little sense. If Lucas needed that line in there so bad he should have waited ubtill later when it wouldn't seem like the situation was made simply so that line could be said. I got that impression when I watched the Jedi in the waiting room that the perpose of them waiting was so OB1 could say that line. It would have sounded better if casually said later on in a stressful part of the film, like it was in the OT.

Gundark
Excuse me, Xizor, but Han said it in the trash compactor and Leia said it inside the space slug. smokin'

Xizor
WHOOPS!!!!rolling on floor laughing

Crash_Overload
When Did they say that in Clone Wars. Holly SH*t i just noticed that this goes back to 2000, sorry.

Rogue Jedi
i agree with the evil jedi. it was either the sith or anakin.

BLADE
It wasn't Anakin or The Sith, Anakin was very far away and had no knowledge of the force, also Obiwan would not have gotten a bad feeling if he were sensing Anakin at that time, it couldn't have been The Sith, they were not on Naboo, they were still on Coruscant until the time Maul left for Tatooine, The Jedi came from Coruscant, if the Jedi couldn't sense the Sith while they were on the same planet, why would Obiwan start sensing them clear accross the galaxy ? What Obiwan was sensing was something bad was going to happen in the future, you can tell by the conversation, OBI: "I have a bad feeling about this", QGJ "I don't sense anything", OBI: "it's not about the mission Master, it's something elsewhere, elusive", QGJ: Don't center on your anxieties Obiwan, keep your focus here and now where it belongs", OBI: "But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of THE FUTURE", QGJ, "But, not at the expense of the moment". The reason QGJ didn't sense anything at that time was because Nute Gunray and co, were not afraid yet, they knew the ambassadors had arrived, but didn't know they were Jedi Knights, it wasn't until AFTER TC-14 told them the ambassadors were Jedi that they started to panic and that's when QGJ said "I feel an unusual amount of fear for something so trivial as this trade dispute".

Rogue Jedi
yes, something bad was going to happen in the future and the sith were behind it. i was half right, anyway.

BLADE
I agree with you, everything bad that happened from that point on was indeed orchestrated by The Dark Sith Lord, you definately get points.

cookies2006
Well almost everything bad is orchestrated by the dark sith lord.

Rogue Jedi
yeah. they need to take some industrial strength zanex... a lot of it.

cookies2006
Yea and maybe to schedule a psyhciatrist.

BLADE
A psychiatrist who enjoys a challenge and maybe a couple of Sith proof straight jackets.

Rogue Jedi
dr.crane!!! paging dr. frasier crane!!! your 11:30 appointment with mr. maul and mr. sidious are here!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.