Bloc Party

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I quite like this band.

Anyone else?

Solo
They're the most boring, overrated band in recent memory.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, Arctic Monkeys.

Bloc Party are shit, though.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Arctic Monkeys are about 50 times better than those idiots.

Alpha Centauri
Just more overrated ennit.

-AC

upsidedown flip
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I quite like this band.

Anyone else?

I like this band too, I've been listening to them a lot for the past couple days.

exanda kane
Good band, not so good live.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Nah, Arctic Monkeys.

Bloc Party are shit, though.

-AC

Amen.

SnakeEyes
Personally, I've never heard anything about them being overrated at all.

I haven't heard a ton about them one way or another to be honest. But I think they're a decent band worth giving a listen. They won't change your life, but it's fairly good music.

SnakeEyes
Since I started this thread over a year ago, Bloc Party's become one of my favorite bands, hands down. I'd like to see someone legitimately back up their "Bloc Party's shit" statements; I don't think someone can. Especially now that two of the posters in the thread are now banned. If you don't like them, that's fine, but that's different from them actually being shit.

Anyway, great band.

jaden101
I've always liked bloc party...still think "so here we are" is one of the best post night out tunes going...i like the political edge to some of their stuff like "helicopter"...saw them at T in the park two years ago and to be honest they weren't great live.

Wei Phoenix
I saw them live during the time when they were first getting some recognition in America and they rocked it with Banquet.

bogen
The new album is entertaining in short bursts, more than three songs in a row and i start to sweat and want out.

SnakeEyes
Seeing them live this month, I'm pumped!

SnakeEyes
Just saw them last night, it was awesome. During "The Prayer" the drummer hopped off his set at the beginning and did this crazy dance with Kele (the frontman) before returning to continue playing the drums. During "Mercury" Kele jumped out into the crowd while singing; I got to touch his back, which was pretty damn cool. The band had a lot of energy and personality; presence if you will. Some bands just kind of play their songs without much interaction with the crowd and that's less fun. Anyway, it was great, whoever said they sucked live up there is wrong. Either that or they improved their live ability who knows.

I saw them at The Showbox; a venue I've been to a few times, I like it a lot, it's pretty small and intimate. Here's the only clip that I could find from the show so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2teY5FIi66s

MildPossession
I like a number of their songs but I prefer listening to the remix versions.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by MildPossession
I like a number of their songs but I prefer listening to the remix versions.

I can understand that for some songs. I've been listening to the remixed version of "Blue Light" more than the original lately.

But overall, I like the originals more. wink

MildPossession
I actually prefer the remix album of Intimacy more than the original, so will be buying the remix album. The Mercury remix is fantastic.

SnakeEyes
That's blasphemy! The "Signs" remix is terrible. Some of them are good though, I'll grant you that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.