Jet Li and Bruce Lee versus Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Can the two asian power-houses take down the insane bat-training ?

Stipulations : Tim!Robin , purely h2h , no CIS , No PIS.

Who wins ?

The Pict
Robin will probably win, Jet Li has said that he would lose fights to guys that he beats up in movies, if they were fighting in real life.

batdude123
Like who? DMX? laughing

The Pict
Originally posted by batdude123
Like who? DMX? laughing

No, but it was in the DVD extras from that movie. He was talking about the cage fighters, saying that if he was really fighting them he'd lose.

Maybe he was just being modest, I don't know srug

grey fox
Originally posted by The Pict
No, but it was in the DVD extras from that movie. He was talking about the cage fighters, saying that if he was really fighting them he'd lose.

Should I change Jet Li to Tony Jaa then ?

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
Should I change Jet Li to Tony Jaa then ?

Tony Jaa is absolutely nuts, but most of the shit he does is just for show.

grey fox
Tony Jaa is absolutely nuts, but most of the shit he does is just for show.

So like Jackie Chan huh ?

Charlotte DeBel
Jet Li is more about combat choreography than actual fighting. He's actually more of a dancer and he loses to Robin.
On the contrary, Bruce Lee is great fighter who actually has superb fighting skills, he's a Jet Kun Do founder. The only thing which can come against him there is his small stature (152 cm or 5 feet). Actually I can see him beating Robin.
But Jet Li...he's even not a true fighter so he loses to RObin most probably.

batdude123
Bruce Lee isn't defeating a comic book martial artist.

grey fox
Ok then let's replace Jet Li with Steven Seagal.

I'm pretty sure SS is an actual fighter....

TricksterPriest
Actually Tony Jaa was a better idea. He actually is an expert in Muay Thai and Muay Korat.

batdude123
And none of them are going to be able to beat the leader of the Titans.

spidey-dude
bruce lee takes out batman and robin on his own

Charlotte DeBel
Steven Seagal is pretty slow and lacking grace to my taste, but he's actually a black belt in aikido and deserves to replace Jet Li. Aikidoka against a mobile figher who's Robin isn't a major factor...though Bruse Lee has all chances to deal with Robin.
With his small stature Bruce was able to THROW big guys across the ring with punches etc and that wasn't movie special effects. He's a founder of Jet Kun Do, which is pretty cool martial art to my taste (though two of my favourite characters use personalized versions of that martial art, so...).

Charlotte DeBel
And none of them are going to be able to beat the leader of the Titans.

That's Tim one, not Dick.

Juntai

Maybe he was just being modest, I don't know srug No doubt, there's no way he'd kung fu up Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell and others- at the same time- like he did in Cradle to the Grave.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Actually Tony Jaa was a better idea. He actually is an expert in Muay Thai and Muay Korat.

Agree. Seagal is slower...though if he manages to catch Robin, his irimi nagi is going to give some punishment to nasty boy.

Juntai
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
That's Tim one, not Dick. Tim is the leader of the Titans.

Citizen V
Originally posted by spidey-dude

Yeah, of course he does.

Tard.

Juntai
Actually Tony Jaa was a better idea. He actually is an expert in Muay Thai and Muay Korat. He uses Muay Boran and Korat, more than he's actually skilled in what most consider "Thai".

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
He uses Muay Boran and Korat, more than he's actually skilled in what most consider "Thai".
Should we throw Jaa in for the sake of it ?

Since Segal is getting on in years....

batdude123

God you're an idiot...

batdude123
That's Tim one, not Dick.

What the f**k?

Tim = leader of the Titans.

Dick = leader of the Outsiders.

Citizen V
What the f**k?

Tim = leader of the Titans.

Dick = leader of the Outsiders.

Dick = leader of nothing erm.

grey fox
Originally posted by Citizen V
Dick = leader of nothing erm.

Dick = http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/dur.gif

Citizen V
Dick = http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/dur.gif

Coming from Bukakke Boy, that's saying something thumb up.

spidey-dude
God you're an idiot... naw i only hear the word when somone talks about you

grey fox
naw i only hear the word when somone talks about you

Let's not get spite-full people

batdude123
naw i only hear the word when somone talks about you

laughing out loud @ your attempt to 'zing' me. smile

You fail. Have a nice day.

spidey-dude
laughing out loud @ your attempt to 'zing' me. smile

You fail. Have a nice day. i will batman fanboy. ty

SnazzySmurph
Good one, Spidey dude. smile

You sure showed him!

pr1983
chuck norris>all...

bruce lee>chuck norris...

cool

Terryc250

Thats cuz tito ortiz was one of the guys in the cage in Cradle to the Grave

Soljer
Originally posted by pr1983
chuck norris>all...

bruce lee>chuck norris...

cool

Aren't you...

You know...

A mod?

Anyways - is this Jet Li/Bruce Lee/Tony Jaa/Jackie Chan/Steven Seagal/WHOEVER in their real life versions or film versions?

Film versions could most definitely throw down with Robin. Real life versions, however, most certainly could not.

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
Aren't you...

You know...

A mod?

Anyways - is this Jet Li/Bruce Lee/Tony Jaa/Jackie Chan/Steven Seagal/WHOEVER in their real life versions or film versions?

Film versions could most definitely throw down with Robin. Real life versions, however, most certainly could not.

yes...

and i havent closed it yet because of nothing more than curiosity...

Soljer
yes...

and i havent closed it yet because of nothing more than curiosity...

laughing

Fair enough.

Captain REX
Spidey-dude, batdude, cool it.

SnazzySmurph
That makes two mods in here so far.

Somebody PM Tron.

batdude123
With no swearing going on, I still get a warning from a mod.

You gotta love KMC...

Soljer

You gotta love KMC...

Sometimes...

pr1983

You gotta love KMC...

i actually stopped for a sec and went 'did i warn batdude?'

stick out tongue

Draco69
Robin would trounce them both at the same time.

Comic-book street-levelers are simply superhuman in the real world. They have the stamina, strength, agility and endurance to perform acts of athleticism and skill that's simply not possibly in our world.

Sure, a person can do a triple somersault....if he's well-rested and pumped.

Robin? The kid only gets three hours of sleep per night and can some how jump of a roof, perform a dizzying array of acrobats, use extreme martial arts to kick the turd out of a gang of supervillains and swing away completed unexhausted to do it again and again for the rest of the night. Even an Olympic level athlete cannot perform such a feat. They would drop from exhaustion.

Not to mention the sheer number of times Robin has dodged bullets and laser-beams. A normal human being, even an exceptional one, cannot continually dodge a flurry of bullets from a machine gun, much less ONE bullet from a gun. Even well trained soldiers cannot do such a thing.

Soljer
I think you got it backwards, Draco.

They cannot dodge ONE bullet from a gun, much less continually dodge a flurry of bullets from a machine gun.

stick out tongue.

Draco69
Originally posted by Soljer
I think you got it backwards, Draco.

They cannot dodge ONE bullet from a gun, much less continually dodge a flurry of bullets from a machine gun.

stick out tongue.

D'oh!

What he said...

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69

Comic-book street-levelers are simply superhuman in the real world. They have the stamina, strength, agility and endurance to perform acts of athleticism and skill that's simply not possibly in our world.

Robin? The kid only gets three hours of sleep per night and can some how jump of a roof, perform a dizzying array of acrobats, use extreme martial arts to kick the turd out of a gang of supervillains and swing away completed unexhausted to do it again and again for the rest of the night. Even an Olympic level athlete cannot perform such a feat. They would drop from exhaustion.

Not to mention the sheer number of times Robin has dodged bullets and laser-beams. A normal human being, even an exceptional one, cannot continually dodge a flurry of bullets from a machine gun, much less ONE bullet from a gun. Even well trained soldiers cannot do such a thing.

taking it a tad too seriously methinks... stick out tongue

batdude123
Seriously... they aren't taking someone who judo threw Superboy like nothing.

spidey-dude

Not to mention the sheer number of times Robin has dodged bullets and laser-beams. A normal human being, even an exceptional one, cannot continually dodge a flurry of bullets from a machine gun, much less ONE bullet from a gun. Even well trained soldiers cannot do such a thing. laughing

spidey-dude
taking it a tad too seriously methinks... stick out tongue thumbup

spetznaz
Robin is a comic book martial artist ....no real-world martial artist would be able to defeat him (or for that matter come close to defeating him), and most movie-depictions of martial artists also wouldn't be able to do anything (most ....because some, like Jet Li's depiction in 'The One,' can definitely beat him).

The only way they can approach Robin is if you were to 'comic-ize' them ....i.e. turning them into comic characters.

In that case Bruce Lee would easily be 'comicized' into a Shang Chi/Richard Dragon type of character (and he was probably part of the inspiration), in which case he would wipe the floor with Robin.

But Bruce Lee the man would lose to Robin the comic character. Bruce Lee, as a comic characterization, would win against Robin.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by spetznaz
Robin is a comic book martial artist ....no real-world martial artist would be able to defeat him (or for that matter come close to defeating him), and most movie-depictions of martial artists also wouldn't be able to do anything (most ....because some, like Jet Li's depiction in 'The One,' can definitely beat him).

The only way they can approach Robin is if you were to 'comic-ize' them ....i.e. turning them into comic characters.

In that case Bruce Lee would easily be 'comicized' into a Shang Chi/Richard Dragon type of character (and he was probably part of the inspiration), in which case he would wipe the floor with Robin.

But Bruce Lee the man would lose to Robin the comic character. Bruce Lee, as a comic characterization, would win against Robin.

Bruce Lee has inspired a great deal of fictional martial artists. That means that putting some of those inspirations\fictional Jet Kun Do users there will make the thread more...interesting.

I'm not sure whether Shang Chi or Iron Fist are clearly homages to Bruce Lee, but I can give you a character who uses a personalized version of Jet Kun Do and who clearly beats Robin in pure h2h without PIS.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t450783.html

Charlotte DeBel
But if you wish to talk about direct homages, not just fictional Jet Kun Do practicioners...the one that springs to my mind is Kenshiro.

spetznaz
Bruce Lee has inspired a great deal of fictional martial artists. That means that putting some of those inspirations\fictional Jet Kun Do users there will make the thread more...interesting.

I'm not sure whether Shang Chi or Iron Fist are clearly homages to Bruce Lee, but I can give you a character who uses a personalized version of Jet Kun Do and who clearly beats Robin in pure h2h without PIS.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t450783.html

Interesting on K'.

Great feats. Seems like a depowered Karate Kid (DC).

Hitman911
Should we throw Jaa in for the sake of it ?

Since Segal is getting on in years....

Segal IS the highest ranking Akkido black belt in the USA.
Robin dies...

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by spetznaz
Interesting on K'.

Great feats. Seems like a depowered Karate Kid (DC).

More like an Iron Fist with pyrokinesis powers instead of mystical chi. Though some chi-related stuff is present, but that's just the usual chi of high level fighter.

Originally posted by Hitman911
Segal IS the highest ranking Akkido black belt in the USA.
Robin dies...

Bruce Lee is a founder of actual martial art- Jet Kun Do (there are plenty of fictional Jet Kun Do practioners, and my whitehaired favourites (K' and Dante) are some of them. Unlike Seagul, Bruce never relied on stuntmen in his movies...and to speak francly, movie career even decreased his fighting ability- he has to develop big biceps to look cool on screen, while in reality developed biceps only decrease the force of hits, slowing down the movement of hand (that's why lifting feats aren't major to martial artists- they don't work on developing their biceps too much since that group of muscles isn't too useful in actual fighting).

And some of comics book "feats" like dodging bullets (bullets, not even shots) via somersaluts are just cool looking PIS...not to mention it being stupid. Roll is much better way to get out of the line of fire than somersalut. Somersaluts (be it double or triple) are cool in parcour and acrobatical shows, not in actual fighting.

Charlotte DeBel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee

That's Wiki, but still...I'd advice you to check the links in "Physical feats" part- all of those feats were performed in real life, not in movies...no "smoke, mirrors and special effects" there. Though the part about Lee's fighting scanes being recorded in slow motion is a fact, not an urban legend and can be proven by sources other than Wiki.

Charlotte DeBel
By the way, people, I'm sorry that I lied you accidentaly about Bruce Lee's stature. He's 170 cm tall (according to Wiki), not 152 cm tall (as a friend of mine told me).

Galan007
Three words...

One-Inch-Punch. 313

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Galan007
Three words...

One-Inch-Punch. 313

Mrrr...and especially when you think about some of my beloved fictional indirect homages on Bruce Lee who uses that move as well and has been already mentioned therelove

batdude123
Charlotte... it's "Jeet Kune Do," not "Jet Kun Do."

Symmetric Chaos

Thing is, BruceLee wouldn't need to dodge erm

TricksterPriest
How about a No-shadow kick to Robin's head? 313 Uber coolness points to anyone who knows what I'm talking about. stick out tongue

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Bruce Lee beats both of them up.

Hercules
How about a No-shadow kick to Robin's head? 313 Uber coolness points to anyone who knows what I'm talking about. stick out tongue

You mean the martial arts technique associated with Wong Fei Hung. A kick so fast its said to cast no shadow?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Hercules
You mean the martial arts technique associated with Wong Fei Hung. A kick so fast its said to cast no shadow? eek! DING DING DING! We have a winner! big grin Yes, the Mo Ying Guk (Shadowless Kick), Wong Fei-Hung's most famous technique.

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thing is, BruceLee wouldn't need to dodge erm

Yep... his jobber aura would deflect the bullets and lasers itself.

But I guess it wasn't enough to save him from a brain aneurysm, huh?

Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, I went there...

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Why would Bruce job? He was amongst the best

Juntai
Originally posted by Terryc250
Thats cuz tito ortiz was one of the guys in the cage in Cradle to the Grave I'm sure he'd be more worried about Liddell and Couture both of whom are undefeated against Ortiz, and a lot better fighters. But yah, the overall idea that he could beat them apart or together and with others would be laughable at best.

Validus
David Ortiz > Tito Ortiz

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
David Ortiz > Tito Ortiz Not in a fistfight. Maybe a homerun derby though.
big grin
I hate Tito, because he's a *****, but no one's been able to defeat him in a long time except Couture and Liddell.
Though I imagine Rashad Evans will in October. Provided it doesn't get changed or Tito bitches out.

Validus
I hope Evans kill him. Ortiz ruined Jenna Jameson for which there is no penalty harsh enough. Hopefully David Ortiz shows up with a baseball bat.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I hope Evans kill him. Ortiz ruined Jenna Jameson for which there is no penalty harsh enough. Hopefully David Ortiz shows up with a baseball bat. Agreed. lol.
I love the UFC, buy all the PPVs and stuff, DVR all the episodes, etc.

That and Football are the ultimate sports.
Pretty much the only two sports that can get me out of my seat and screaming and waving my arms.

Charlotte DeBel
Charlotte... it's "Jeet Kune Do," not "Jet Kun Do."

Sorry for spelling mistake, I "Russianized" the original spelling embarrasment

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Sorry for spelling mistake, I "Russianized" the original spelling embarrasment

Hi. Jet Kune Do is a great martial art to learn.

joesdabest1
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS

BJJ owns it

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS

Jeet Kune Dowink And it's really great...though I've never practiced it myself. I'm adept in shooting, not in martial arts. Though I have a couple of friends who a really good martail artists (one of my best friends is a black belt in karate).

Charlotte DeBel

You went too far, I suppose. Basically replaying a "corpse joke" from many Captain America threads.
"You put Robin against a dead corpse and a dancer (Jet Li is more about combat choreography than actual fighting)..." and blah blah blah.

As for comicsizing Bruce, if you really want "dodging bullets in a fancy way" stuff...well, there are a lot of direct homages to Lee and indirect ones (fictional Jeet Kune Do practicioners), some of which (like Kenshiro) would kill not only Robin, but also Batman as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.