2007 NCAA Footbal Season

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Another year is upon us so chat it up!

I think its great that a team like Michigan has already lost. Wow (im watching FL st vs Clemson right now) that catch by Kelly was nasty, not sure how he held on to that. Also about that game on that botched snap after the almost safety I could of sworn that someone on Fla St. stomped on the chest of Harper?

DigiMark007
I saw the entire Appy St/Michigan game on TV. It was probably the coolest non-live (meaning: I wasn't present at the game) sports game I've ever witnessed. They're already calling it the biggest upset in college football history.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I saw the entire Appy St/Michigan game on TV. It was probably the coolest non-live (meaning: I wasn't present at the game) sports game I've ever witnessed. They're already calling it the biggest upset in college football history.

It is. How about those Bruins? How about those Trojans?

botankus
I didn't realize this until Saturday in the second qtr of the Mountaineer/Wolverine game, but I have 5 Big Ten Channels! Freakin' Northeastern vs. Northwestern was even on. I don't really watch the Big 10, but it's good to know that it's available, and it also enabled me to watch the second half of the game on Saturday.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Florida didn't miss a beat either. They killed their opponent.

forumcrew

i dont know about it being the biggest upset in college history. I think the fact that it was week 1 takes away from it some.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by forumcrew
i dont know about it being the biggest upset in college history. I think the fact that it was week 1 takes away from it some.

A ranked DIV-1A school with possibly the biggest stadium loses at home to a DIV-2A or something and that being the first loss of its kind and the loss came off of a blocked field goal thats one of the worst ways to lose and I'm a clemson fan I should know ermm

Dr. Zaius
VT's linebackers and corners are excellent. Their defensive line is stout. And, overall, the Hokie defense is top notch. Ore at tailback is solid. That said, Tech's O-line is questionable and the QB is garbage.

LSU's defensive line is on another level. The linebackers and secondary are top 10 caliber in both positions. Like the Hokies, the O-line needs some work--particularly on the right side. However, Flynn is better than his counterpart. And LSU has better talent across the board at the skill positions.

In the first half look for Va Tech to stack the box against the run. LSU will try to attack repeatedly at the center of the defense with Flynn and its bevy of tailbacks. I expect Va Tech to do the same. There won't be much offense on either side in the first half. I'm thinking 10-3.

In the second half, LSU will open things up a bit more with the play action pass. VA Tech will fall further back and start to throw more. LSU will get a crucial turnover and put the game away by the early 4th quarter.

Final prediction:

LSU 24
Va Tech 10

SpadeKing
LSU at VT right?

I guess it would be something closer like within the 7 point range, they are not going to want to disappoint their fans, let alone at home after what happened by the 2nd half most likely they will go into halftime trailing but come out like florida state does in the second half

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
VT's linebackers and corners are excellent. Their defensive line is stout. And, overall, the Hokie defense is top notch. Ore at tailback is solid. That said, Tech's O-line is questionable and the QB is garbage.

LSU's defensive line is on another level. The linebackers and secondary are top 10 caliber in both positions. Like the Hokies, the O-line needs some work--particularly on the right side. However, Flynn is better than his counterpart. And LSU has better talent across the board at the skill positions.

In the first half look for Va Tech to stack the box against the run. LSU will try to attack repeatedly at the center of the defense with Flynn and its bevy of tailbacks. I expect Va Tech to do the same. There won't be much offense on either side in the first half. I'm thinking 10-3.

In the second half, LSU will open things up a bit more with the play action pass. VA Tech will fall further back and start to throw more. LSU will get a crucial turnover and put the game away by the early 4th quarter.

Final prediction:

LSU 24
Va Tech 10

You're giving Va Tech's offense a little too much credit. I think LSU may pitch a shutout.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by SpadeKing
LSU at VT right?

I guess it would be something closer like within the 7 point range, they are not going to want to disappoint their fans, let alone at home after what happened by the 2nd half most likely they will go into halftime trailing but come out like florida state does in the second half

No, it's at Tiger Stadium.

Röland
With 9:10 left and Michigan down 39 - 7 against Oregon it's safe to say that Michigan is going to lose their second in a row.

I'm an OSU fan so I'm not upset about them losing but I just have a question for Carr, when you get beat by a D-I AA spread offense and you know you have a great spread offense in Oregon coming to town, wouldn't you gameplan for it? I've been watching this game and Oregon has just tore up Michigan with the spread.

Nothing Michigan's defense has down has even slowed down the Ducks's offense.

TRH
Nebraska will beat USC

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by TRH
Nebraska will beat USC

I doubt that.

Darth Sparrow
the entire ranking syteam is a rip-off! they only put the teams with a good reputation on it. even though michigan has lost twice badly...what a joke.

IOWA 2-0 !!!! suckers...just shut out syracuss and is coming for the #1 spot usc ...you got to give respect!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Next saturday is the battle of futility. Michigan and Notre Dame play each other. Two questions... Who wins? Who gets fired after the game?

Darth Sparrow
who saw the IOWA game!? IOWA is coming for USC...and they're gonna drop them like a bad habbit.

Röland
Originally posted by Darth Sparrow
the entire ranking syteam is a rip-off! they only put the teams with a good reputation on it. even though michigan has lost twice badly...what a joke.

IOWA 2-0 !!!! suckers...just shut out syracuss and is coming for the #1 spot usc ...you got to give respect!

You do know that Michigan is not in the Top 25 anymore?

And Iowa shutting out Syracuse doesn't mean they'll beat USC. ermm

Darth Sparrow
i do know that michigan isn't in it anymore. and IOWA shutting out syracuse does mean alot 35 to nothing. i don't care who you are...if you shut out any team in college it is a big deal and syracuse didn't even get a 1st down till the 2nd half...there defense is good. IOWA can beat USC!

Röland
i do know that michigan isn't in it anymore. and IOWA shutting out syracuse does mean alot 35 to nothing. i don't care who you are...if you shut out any team in college it is a big deal and syracuse didn't even get a 1st down till the 2nd half...there defense is good. IOWA can beat USC!

I'm not trying to argue with you and I'm not saying that Iowa couldn't beat USC, but Iowa shutting out Syracuse is not anything to get too excited about. Yes, shutting out a team is a great accomplishment for any defense, but Syracuse isn't exactly laden with talent.

TRH

Darth Sparrow
no it doesn't mean they will, but you can't tell right now. michigan was numer 5, 0-2...IOWA, not even ranked 2-0 and shut out syracuse...and i know Iowa has only given up 3 total points out of those games...how much points did USC give up in their 2 wins, regardless of how hard they were?

I hope IOWA is ranked this week, if not then i think there is a bised systeam. in fact...there already is.

what are you...a USC fan? they have the same record...you can't really argue that IOWA shouldn't be ranked right now.

Röland
no it doesn't mean they will, but you can't tell right now. michigan was numer 5, 0-2...IOWA, not even ranked 2-0 and shut out syracuse...and i know Iowa has only given up 3 total points out of those games...how much points did USC give up in their 2 wins, regardless of how hard they were?

I hope IOWA is ranked this week, if not then i think there is a bised systeam. in fact...there already is.

what are you...a USC fan? they have the same record...you can't really argue that IOWA shouldn't be ranked right now.

Nah, I'm an OSU fan and yes I do agree the BCS is not a good system.

Iowa is 2 - 0 but they have played poor teams, in 2 weeks is your first true test when you play Wisconsin.

But I do agree that the BCS is stupid and the reason why a team like Boise State, who went undefeated last year then upset Oklahoma in their Bowl game, didn't get ranked until late in the season.

Darth Sparrow
that's what i mean...they shouldn't have ranks until about 3 or 4 games.

but yes, #5 Wisconson will be the real test of how good IOWA is.

who do you favor in that game...? I still think IU willl win

Röland
that's what i mean...they shouldn't have ranks until about 3 or 4 games.

but yes, #5 Wisconson will be the real test of how good IOWA is.

who do you favor in that game...? I still think IU willl win

I dunno, I haven't seen either team on TV but even though I'm an OSU fan I do truly think Wisconsin or Penn State will win the Big Ten, so I think Wisconsin will win. But the best thing about College football is that it's unpredictable so who knows.

Darth Sparrow
Wisconson?!?!?!, i haven't seen them either but IOWA and Wisconson are to me the 2 best in the big ten...michigan fell of the boat and penn state...i see no threat from them.

Röland
Wisconson?!?!?!, i haven't seen them either but IOWA and Wisconson are to me the 2 best in the big ten...michigan fell of the boat and penn state...i see no threat from them.

Penn States D is just awesome.

Darth Sparrow
i think IOWA will prove themselves though...they have D too. and their offense is not like what most people thought it would be.

TRH
i do know that michigan isn't in it anymore. and IOWA shutting out syracuse does mean alot 35 to nothing. i don't care who you are...if you shut out any team in college it is a big deal and syracuse didn't even get a 1st down till the 2nd half...there defense is good. IOWA can beat USC! You are an Idiot if you think Iowa can beat USC

SpadeKing
Iowa can but they won't ermm

Darth Sparrow
oh, sure...im an idiot cus IOWA wasn't suppose to be good this year by the rankings...but they are...and what is your logic...how do you know they can't...people said michigan was suppose to be great...they suck...!

so which part of southern california are you from...

SpadeKing
so which part of southern california are you from...

South Carolina no expression

Darth Sparrow
it's southern CALIFORNIA...that's where the stuck up future #2's live...

SpadeKing
even thought I hate the SEC I think LSU might win it all.

I would rather see WVU since I'm a complete fan of Noel Devine he gets a 1 yard run and I'll drool no expression

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think Iowa will lose to Wisconsin.

Dr. Zaius
LSU is for real. Going into the season, everyone knew the defense would be crazy good. The big question was how fluid the offense would be. Question answered. Hanging 600 yds against VT?! That's ridiculous! Right now, I think it's a 3 horse race between LSU, OU, and SC. OU has the easiest route. Assuming LSU has to play Florida twice, LSU and SC's schedule difficulty is about equal.

Honestly, I think if any one of these 3 teams lose a game, they should still get the nod for the Sugar Bowl over an undefeated Big East Team.

Darth Sparrow
we will see about that DARKLORDCAEDUS....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
we will see about that DARKLORDCAEDUS....

When do they even play?

forumcrew
Malcom Kelly a blackhorse Heisman candidate? 220 yards and 5 TD's after 2 weeks.

Darth Sparrow
IOWA plays wisconson in 2 weeks. right afer they play Iowa st. this week. Iowa should be ranked this week too.

SpadeKing
I just wanna see more of Clemson's thunder and lightning
+
West Virginia's human blur, noel devine droolio

DARKLORDCAEDUS
IOWA plays wisconson in 2 weeks. right afer they play Iowa st. this week. Iowa should be ranked this week too.

Whats Iowa's ranking? Who is on the team?

Darth Sparrow
they weren't ranked cus it's a bised systeam but they should be ranked now. on the team, they have a new quarterback this year who's soptmore but is still suppose to be very good, he threw 3 td's last time. and they have a veteran defense ...last game they not only shut out syracuse but they didn't get a first down till the second half and they blocked 2 field goals!

TRH
again Iowa can't beat USC....but I think Nebraska can,Syracuse sucks that's why Iowa beat them

TRH
oh, sure...im an idiot cus IOWA wasn't suppose to be good this year by the rankings...but they are...and what is your logic...how do you know they can't...people said michigan was suppose to be great...they suck...!

so which part of southern california are you from... I have always hate Michigan,I don't live in southern cal

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Good games are on tomorrow. It should be a Glorious day.

TRH
Georgia Tech all the waywoot,they are gonna win over BC

also Oklahoma State plays tonight and West Virginia beat Maryland yesterday

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by TRH
Georgia Tech all the waywoot,they are gonna win over BC

also Oklahoma State plays tonight and West Virginia beat Maryland yesterday

Okla State should have a problem with their game tonight.

TRH
I am going for troy,So far it is
Troy-7
Okie state-0

TRH
Real test for Iowa will be Wisconsin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by TRH
Real test for Iowa will be Wisconsin

That will be a good game.

forumcrew
so is Hawaii gonna run the table (shouldnt be that hard) and get in a BCS game? If they do are they gonna have any shot at winning?

If they make a BCS game I dont think they will get killed but I dont think they really have much shot at winning one. They just have no defense at all, and while their offense is very good (it will keep the game non laughable) it isnt gonna be good enough to allow them to beat an elite team.

TRH
Iowa State-12
Iowa-0

So Iowa can beat USC huh Darth Sparrow?ermm

DigiMark007
Big Ten = overrated.

Wisconsin took a while to beat The Citadel, we all know Michigan stinks, and OSU is fairly "meh" this year.

forumcrew
well Hart is making due on his garuntee.

DigiMark007
well Hart is making due on his garuntee.

True. But my backyard league could give Notre Dame a run for its money. A winless season wouldn't surprise me.

Big Ten = overrated.

Wisconsin took a while to beat The Citadel, we all know Michigan stinks, and OSU is fairly "meh" this year.

...and about 10 minutes after typing this, Washington went up on OSU. Good times. Penn State's the only legit Big Ten team this year. Anyway, Go Big East!

cool

TRH
Big Ten = overrated.

Wisconsin took a while to beat The Citadel, we all know Michigan stinks, and OSU is fairly "meh" this year. I hear that

I look for my team Georgia Tech to beat BC tonight

Iowa State beats Iowa

Looking for Nebraska to beat USC

DARKLORDCAEDUS
so is Hawaii gonna run the table (shouldnt be that hard) and get in a BCS game? If they do are they gonna have any shot at winning?

If they make a BCS game I dont think they will get killed but I dont think they really have much shot at winning one. They just have no defense at all, and while their offense is very good (it will keep the game non laughable) it isnt gonna be good enough to allow them to beat an elite team.

Whats up Forumcrew. Hawaii has a good team, even if they run the table and are undefeated, its highly doubted that they'll get a BCS bowl. Its because of the lack of competition that they play.

Iowa lost to their interstate rival Iowa State 15-13. Mich won the Futility bowl. Fla is taking care of TENN. B back on later.

forumcrew
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Whats up Forumcrew. Hawaii has a good team, even if they run the table and are undefeated, its highly doubted that they'll get a BCS bowl. Its because of the lack of competition that they play.

Iowa lost to their interstate rival Iowa State 15-13. Mich won the Futility bowl. Fla is taking care of TENN. B back on later.

Well as long as they are in the top 12 they get an automatic bid and if they run the table they should be around that top 12 area.

Darth Sparrow
-i don't think that the big ten is overrated...i think that a lot of teams that get ranked in the begining are though.

- Iowa state had the luckyest game of the year. but that happens a lot in college fotball. but that means very little when they still get to play penn state and wisconson...i highly doubt it is that big of a deal...they weren't even suppose to be that good this year...the next couple of years will be they best ones.

forumcrew
update to my Heisman Sleeper...

Malcom Kelly now has 301 yards and 7 TD's.

Röland
USC leading Nebraska 42 - 10 in the 3rd.

Louisville leading Kentucky 34 - 33 with :39 left in the 4th. Kentucky has the ball but just got a personal foul penalty, might have just killed their chances to win it.

EDIT: Kentucky just scored a TD :28 left.

Wow, a total blown coverage by Louisville for a 60ish yard TD pass.

Kentucky's first win over a top ten opponent since 1977.

forumcrew
how do you go into the prevent and then let a guy get 15 yards behind your secondary?

Röland
how do you go into the prevent and then let a guy get 15 yards behind your secondary?

No idea, but that guy was so wide open it was ridiculous.

forumcrew
the funny thing was KU almost let Louisville do it right back to them.

Lord Evolution
So what you guys think, USC vs OU?

That's my prediction.

Colt Brennan for Heisman.

TRH
Georgia Tech and Atlanta Falcons(NFL) both have bad QB's this year both with the number 13 no expression

TRH
Tebowne number 15 Florida Gators for the Heisman

forumcrew
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
So what you guys think, USC vs OU?

That's my prediction.

Colt Brennan for Heisman.

dont think his teams gonna be good enough for him to really get considered. There will be too many other guys putting up great numbers against far better competition. Nothing Brennan can do really its just the way the system works.

Röland
the funny thing was KU almost let Louisville do it right back to them.

As Tom Jackson would say "KNOCK IT DOWN." stick out tongue

Lord Evolution
dont think his teams gonna be good enough for him to really get considered. There will be too many other guys putting up great numbers against far better competition. Nothing Brennan can do really its just the way the system works.

Actually many of the "analyst" have him as the leading candidate, his team is currently ranked and they say he should be one of the top QB's taken in next years draft, I tend to agree with the above. I know his schedule is bad, but think about this, when he leaves school he will have so many records it isn't even funny, including the all time record for touchdowns, that is some feat. Talk about his competition all you want, but why aren't other QB's in his situation doing the same thing?

botankus
Watched TEN/FLA and GT/BC over the weekend, with the visiting team getting manhandled both physically and schematically in each game. Tennessee had 2 good drives in the first quarter while Florida was doing a few 3-and-outs (their TD was on a return), but they never capitalized and let Florida "hang around" until the second quarter, if you could say that. Me being a GT fan, I will humbly admit that I was drinking the Kool-Aid, as they are clearly not the most aggressive team in the ACC. And considering the ACC sucks this year, that's not a good sign.

Darth Sparrow
for all those who didn't think Iowa could beat Wisconson it's 10-7 Iowa.

Iowa was down 3 to 7 then came on a drive in 40 seconds and made a one arm catch in the endzone!...wisconson's coach was shooked as hell...you should of seen the look on his face...it was pricelesss!!!

spencerspider
Florida is looking good, cept against Ole Miss, if they can get by LSU they can go undefeated easily imo

Barker
for all those who didn't think Iowa could beat Wisconson it's 10-7 Iowa.

Iowa was down 3 to 7 then came on a drive in 40 seconds and made a one arm catch in the endzone!...wisconson's coach was shooked as hell...you should of seen the look on his face...it was pricelesss!!!
You deserve to be laughed at.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
OK, USC won, Go Trojans. Florida won Tim Tebow is the real deal. Iowa lost. Bruins are tied right now. LSU won.

Röland
Is anyone else impressed with Kentucky like I am?

Do you think they can compete with #2 LSU and #3 Florida a few weeks down the road?

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Lord Evolution
USC is looking really good. I didn't realize that they have such tall receivers this year. This is why Pete Carroll is a genius, he recruits tall ass receivers while everyone else is recruiting off speed. Look at how much success we've had with these tall athletic receivers with not so much speed. Dwayne Jarrett - 6'5, Mike Williams - 6'5, and now our 3 main receivers are 6'4(Ausberry) 6'5(Turner) an 6'4(Hazelton).

Then there is our running backs, they are very good. CJ Gable, Stafon Johnson, Chauncey Washington, Joe McKnight. Our offense is the complete package. CJ Gable is the best back though, I don't understand why he isn't getting more carries, but I'm not complaining, we are 3-0 and #1. But I'm just saying he's the real deal and so is this team.

I'm really concerned about Oregon though, easily the toughest team match up wise on our schedule. Hopefully Carroll has figured out how to put a damn spy on running QB's, if he did that in the national title game we would have won. I'm thinking Ray Maualuga should play that role when we play Oregon.

forumcrew
LE your boy Brennan is hurt his heisman chances are prolly over

DARKLORDCAEDUS
USC is looking really good. I didn't realize that they have such tall receivers this year. This is why Pete Carroll is a genius, he recruits tall ass receivers while everyone else is recruiting off speed. Look at how much success we've had with these tall athletic receivers with not so much speed. Dwayne Jarrett - 6'5, Mike Williams - 6'5, and now our 3 main receivers are 6'4(Ausberry) 6'5(Turner) an 6'4(Hazelton).

Then there is our running backs, they are very good. CJ Gable, Stafon Johnson, Chauncey Washington, Joe McKnight. Our offense is the complete package. CJ Gable is the best back though, I don't understand why he isn't getting more carries, but I'm not complaining, we are 3-0 and #1. But I'm just saying he's the real deal and so is this team.

I'm really concerned about Oregon though, easily the toughest team match up wise on our schedule. Hopefully Carroll has figured out how to put a damn spy on running QB's, if he did that in the national title game we would have won. I'm thinking Ray Maualuga should play that role when we play Oregon.

USC WILL destroy Oregon, but first just take it one game at a time.

Lord Evolution
LE your boy Brennan is hurt his heisman chances are prolly over

Probably over? I doubt it. ESPN.com says he could have played in this last game. It's just a sprained ankle, he'll be back next week. Plus with his numbers, he could miss 5 games and still have better numbers than other Heisman candidates.

forumcrew
hes not in the top 5 in rating or yards right now and he pretty much has to be #1 in everything to have any shot because he plays some of the worst teams in college.

botankus
Matt Ryan is a sleeper for the Heisman. He won't win it, but if he keeps up his season he might at least get invited to NYC.

Too bad LSU has 3 RB's tearing it up, as no one will get a Heisman nod. But man, do they have a ferocious running attack.

Darth Sparrow
Lord Evolution, you better take that stroid cheating lier barry bonds off your avatar...don't chu know that he put shame to that record...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
OU lost, no BCS for them.

Smasandian
Lord Evolution, you better take that stroid cheating lier barry bonds off your avatar...don't chu know that he put shame to that record...

Dont chu know you know he doesnt give a shit?

Röland
I am rooting for Washington to beat USC.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Lord Evolution
Florida, OU, WVU, Texas all lost. USC nearly upset. Two Pac-10 teams should be in top 3, USC #1, CAL #3. It would be crazy if LSU lost, and the USC CAL game was a 1 vs 2 matchup. Those top 10 teams that lost shouldn't worry, they still have a chance because strength of schedule and the fact that one of the top 2 teams will lose before the season is over.

BTW I can't wait til we get Sanchez in at QB next season. Booty lives up to his last name.

Dr. Strangelove
http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=3940

Mike Patrick is a nut job.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=3940

Mike Patrick is a nut job.

laughing laughing laughing That is hilarious! Did he just start talking about her out of nowhere? If so, that makes it even more funny. What in the world would provoke a man to start talking about a pop singer in overtime of a college football game? And what makes it even worse, the game was ended on that very play. I can't believe he deemed that an important question.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
LSU is No.1, however I don't think for to long. USC, No.2

DARKLORDCAEDUS
USC LOST. LSU is losing, but theirs plenty of time left.

Lord Evolution
USC isn't winning shit!

Not with John David Booty Stank in at QB. He sucks, people thought he would win the heisman? lol @ them. This guy is trash and wouldn't be in in the first place if Sanchez(the better QB) didn't get in trouble after he won the starting job after Leinart left.

He threw 4 picks today and for the second straight week had one returned for a TD. Bench his sorry ass. He's inaccurate and an egg in the pocket. How is he over throwing our receivers? One is 6'6, another 6'5, and we have two guys that are 6'4. And they all can jump, yet he's still over throwing them. He threw a pass straight to a defender, who then returned it for a pick.

We have the best defense in the country, and I haven't said this for a long time, but our offense sucks balls. And it can all be traced back to John David Booty, who was the product of Dwayne Jarrett and Smith Smith last year. Highly talented offense, and highly talented defense, all being held back by Booty Stank(that is what I'm calling him from now on).

We still have a shot at a national title, with Cal currently being #3, and if LSU loses, should end up being #1. We have a few ranked teams left on our schedule but that Cal game is going to be huge. That IS if we don't lose another one before that. Even if we got to the game we would lose, Mark Sanchez should be starting and I have said this since the beginning of last season and this season. He's mobile, hes got a cannon and he's extremely accurate.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
USC isn't winning shit!

Not with John David Booty Stank in at QB. He sucks, people thought he would win the heisman? lol @ them. This guy is trash and wouldn't be in in the first place if Sanchez(the better QB) didn't get in trouble after he won the starting job after Leinart left.

He threw 4 picks today and for the second straight week had one returned for a TD. Bench his sorry ass. He's inaccurate and an egg in the pocket. How is he over throwing our receivers? One is 6'6, another 6'5, and we have two guys that are 6'4. And they all can jump, yet he's still over throwing them. He threw a pass straight to a defender, who then returned it for a pick.

We have the best defense in the country, and I haven't said this for a long time, but our offense sucks balls. And it can all be traced back to John David Booty, who was the product of Dwayne Jarrett and Smith Smith last year. Highly talented offense, and highly talented defense, all being held back by Booty Stank(that is what I'm calling him from now on).

We still have a shot at a national title, with Cal currently being #3, and if LSU loses, should end up being #1. We have a few ranked teams left on our schedule but that Cal game is going to be huge. That IS if we don't lose another one before that. Even if we got to the game we would lose, Mark Sanchez should be starting and I have said this since the beginning of last season and this season. He's mobile, hes got a cannon and he's extremely accurate.

'6
Which receiver is 6'6? I know Davis and Ausberry are 6'5.

UPDATE: LSU is down 3 with 10mins to go.

forumcrew

We have the best defense in the country, and I haven't said this for a long time, but our offense sucks balls. And it can all be traced back to John David Booty, who was the product of Dwayne Jarrett and Smith Smith last year.

Im not saying your wrong, but you sure dont hear of a QB being the product of WR's very often.

Lord Evolution
Well it's the obvious truth, especially seeing as how Booty is struggling without both of them, and relied so heavily on them last season.

On the broadcast I was watching, the announcers said #83 Fred Davis, our Tight End, is 6'6.

forumcrew
Well it's the obvious truth, especially seeing as how Booty is struggling without both of them, and relied so heavily on them last season.

On the broadcast I was watching, the announcers said #83 Fred Davis, our Tight End, is 6'6.

I do have to point out though that it wasnt Booty who allowed a conversion on 4th and 20 i believe it was to stanford's backup QB, and then a TD on 4th and goal on the same drive, it was the so called best defense in college that allowed those.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
LSU won.

TRH
HOW ABOUT STANFORD!?
thank god the sooners are back in it
Kansas is gonna be in the top 25
LSU is on fire

Lord Evolution
I do have to point out though that it wasnt Booty who allowed a conversion on 4th and 20 i believe it was to stanford's backup QB, and then a TD on 4th and goal on the same drive, it was the so called best defense in college that allowed those.

I'm sorry but what the HELL does that have to do with Booty Stank struggling? I'm saying he isn't playing good this season, and he threw 4 interceptions in this game and had one returned for a TD. Our defense played really good in this game, but kind of fell apart in the end. But should not have been put in that situation in the first place. If our offense was being ran how it should be, then it wouldn't have mattered if they allowed a TD on Stanford's last possession. Our D only allowed 17 points, and that is with Booty giving Stanford great field position. They carried us throughout the whole game.

And the fact still remains that Booty Stank is struggling without Jarrett and Smith and can't throw an accurate pass to 6'5 and 6'6 receivers.

And if you watch this D play, you, like pretty much every analyst would be saying that USC has the best and fastest defense. It's more exciting watching this defense play than our offense.

DigiMark007
I love college football this year. It's like the football gods got drunk and decided to just f*ck around with everyone.

...I'm looking forward to next week, because literally everything's been happening so far.

Röland
If our offense was being ran how it should be, then it wouldn't have mattered if they allowed a TD on Stanford's last possession. Our D only allowed 17 points, and that is with Booty giving Stanford great field position. They carried us throughout the whole game.

And if you watch this D play, you, like pretty much every analyst would be saying that USC has the best and fastest defense. It's more exciting watching this defense play than our offense.

To bad the "best and fastest defense" couldn't stop a 4th and 20 with the opposing team's backup QB in.

Even if Booty is struggling the defense on the "supposedly" #2 team in the nation should stop a 4th and 20 when the game is on the line.

Lord Evolution
They aren't perfect, but still the best D in nation, they just tired out. Stanford had 66 total yards coming into the fourth quarter, but were still in the game because of Booty Stanks poor decision making and bad play. All his ass needed to do was not turn the ball over. He's becoming the Rex Grossman of USC.

Röland
They aren't perfect, but still the best D in nation, they just tired out. Stanford had 66 total yards coming into the fourth quarter, but were still in the game because of Booty Stanks poor decision making and bad play. All his ass needed to do was not turn the ball over. He's becoming the Rex Grossman of USC.

They probably were tired but man, on a 4th and 20 for the game, the D should step up and make the play.

Smasandian
Just how LSU defense stepped up in the 4th and not allowed Florida to get an first down and score to make an three possession game.

Lord Evolution
LSU's defense is not nearly as fast as USC's. They have a good overall defense, but we have fast linemen, linebackers and most definitely corners. With Thomas being our shutdown corner. If you look at the players head to head, USC wins in almost every category. But you can't seriously be saying we aren't the best because we gave up a touchdown on one drive?

That drive was started because of a Booty interception, and I believe it was on the 45 yard line. He set us up for a fall, he pretty much did it the whole game.

Röland
That drive was started because of a Booty interception, and I believe it was on the 45 yard line. He set us up for a fall, he pretty much did it the whole game.

The drive starting on the 45 doesn't matter. Booty's pick doesn't matter.
All USC's defense had to do was stop a 4th and 20. End of game.

Yeah, Booty made mistakes and threw 4 INT's but USC still could have won the game if they didn't let Stanford convert the 4th and 20. To blame it all on Booty is just ignorant of the fact that USC's D didn't make the play when they HAD to.

Lord Evolution
I'm sorry but you have no place to talk. You didn't watch the game and anyone who seen it would say the exact same thing I'm saying, it's Booty Stanks fault. You can't blame the best defense in the nation for giving up that TD, considering where the drive started and how many times they had to continuously bail us out. If they weren't as good as they were, then the game wouldn't have been close in the first place, seeing as how Booty Stank kept giving them good field position all game long. Stop defending him, it's as clear as day to anyone who watched the game whose fault it is. He is a poor QB who isn't fit to lead this team, we go from Palmer to Leinart...to Booty Stank!!!! I'm glad this is his senior year, just wish he had never taken over for Leinart, we would have definitely been in the title game last year if Sanchez was in, and we would still be undefeated, most likely with one of the best offenses in the nation, if Sanchez were in, instead here we are having to count on other teams success to strengthen our strength of schedule to look "pretty" for the BCS.

If we run the table the rest of the season, and OSU loses, then we'll be in the title game, but I doubt we will do that, our offense simply cannot match our defense.

forumcrew
LSU's defense is not nearly as fast as USC's. .

The point wasnt who is faster, the point was LSU stepped up when it mattered.

Lord Evolution
It's completely different scenarios. How many timeouts did Florida have? Stanford had 2. Where did Florida start their drive? Stanford started theirs on our 45 yard line, off a Booty Stank interception. If we were put in that situation, then of course we wouldn't have allowed a TD, now if LSU would have been put in our situation, who knows, but what I do know is, it's easier to score when your starting your possession from the 45 yard line(past midfield, they were in our territory) than from your own 20.

Your crazy to even compare the two.

Lord Evolution
Booty benched, Sanchez in! Happy Dance Happy Dance

FINALLY!!!

botankus
Groethe (or whatever his name is) for Heisman!!!! Why not.

forumcrew

FINALLY!!!

Booty hurt, sanchez in... theres a difference.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

FINALLY!!!

Doesn't mean much. Sanchez still has to continually throw the ball to Fred Davis and Turner and Ausberrry should step up and make plays.

Röland
I'm sorry but you have no place to talk.

Any college football fan has a place to talk about this upset.

I'm not trying to say that Booty didn't play a part in the loss, when you throw numerous interceptions then you do play a part in the loss. I'm saying that what happened before that 4th and 20 play doesn't matter because USC's D had a chance to win the game there and didn't do it.

So you can go on and keep on moaning about Booty's performance but the fact remains that USC still could have won the game on that play but their D didn't make the play when they absolutely needed them to.

Lord Evolution

Lord Evolution
Booty hurt, sanchez in... theres a difference.

Yeah there is no difference, a Booty stank on the bench is a Booty stank on the bench, no matter what put them there. Sanchez is in, Booty is out. If things go well, and Sanchez plays up to his ability, then you will not see Booty in a SC game again, he's a senior, so hopefully that Stanford game was hit last. Good riddance.

Isn't that the point? He will actually throw the ball to our receivers, and not opposing corners. And not lose winnable games for us like Booty did with Oregon State, Stanford and UCLA. All games we should have won and would have won if Sanchez were in to start. We should be able to run the table now, I guess all we need is OSU to lose one of their remaining games and were in. Best D in the nation, now has an offense to compliment it.

Röland
No, you don't have a place to talk because you didn't see the game. The fact of the matter is, our defense should not have been put in that situation in the first place. It IS Booty Stanks fault. Anyone who actually seen the game would know that. You can watch all the highlights of it that you want, and you will still remain clueless. Our defense made plays the whole game, and kept continuously being put in situations where they shouldn't have been. So until you watch that game, I take what your saying for a grain of salt, you do not know what your talking about. This kind of reminds me of those ESPNEWS commercials where the guy is talking out of his ass. Get back to me when you watch that game.

4th and 20

I may not have watched the game and I only saw the highlights, but that was the deciding play in the game and your D didn't step up and make the play for the win. If USC makes that play and wins the game, you'd still be calling for Booty's head, but this isn't about Booty's shitty performance. This is about your D having a great chance to end the game on a 4th and 20, but couldn't come through and that was ultimately the deciding play.

Booty may have had a bad game but when you have a chance to win, you step up and win the game, you don't let a team convert a 4th and 20. You keep on commenting on how your D shouldn't have been in that situation? Well that's football, the D was put in a bad situation because of Booty, but if they wanted to win that game more than Stanford did they would have responded and came up with the stop.

Lord Evolution

Barker
Wandstant is stupid.

I don't care if I misspelled his name, it's not worth googling to double check. haermm

Smasandian
I guess Rex Grossman shouldn't be blamed for the Bears lost. His four interceptions didn't lose them the game. It was the Bears defense that couldn't stop the opposing team from scoring from inside their own territory. Na it isn't his fault at all, their defense shouldn't have allowed them to score.

I'm a USC fan, it would be easy to blame our D for giving up that play. But like many other USC fans, we know why we lost that game. It all goes back to Booty's poor play. But I guess it's easier for an outsider, who didn't watch the game, and only seen highlights, to blame USC's defense. Fact of the matter is, that is straight bull shit. I'm not going to be commenting on a game I didn't see, thinking I know what I'm talking about, especially when your talking to a person who seen the entire game and had to sit through interception after interception, bail out after bail out, overthrow after overthrow, then to have to sit through one more interception, but without the bail out following. I can't blame them for not bailing us out that last time. We basically asked for a lost, and we got it.

But you wont see that tragedy again this season as long as Booty keeps his stanky ass on the bench and Sanchez is our QB. Then maybe our defense will have enough left in the tank to make that play at the end of the game.

No offense, but for a team that was ranked 1st in the country and let a team like Stanford get 20 yards on 4th down play is pretty weak.

I'm not blaming anybody for the lost, but a defense thats suppose to have atleast 4 guys in the first round this year, its pretty shitty.

Look at the Dallas Cowboys. Romo throws 5 INT's, two returned and the defense needed to step up and stop the Bills. They did and got an critical INT.

botankus
Originally posted by Barker
Wandstant is stupid.

I don't care if I misspelled his name, it's not worth googling to double check. haermm

As soon as I saw that fade pass go up, I knew the game was over. Lou Holtz had it right - if you're going to go for it on 4th down from the 2, run McCoy on 3rd down!!!!

Stayed up till midnight for that crap.

Röland
I guess Rex Grossman shouldn't be blamed for the Bears lost. His four interceptions didn't lose them the game. It was the Bears defense that couldn't stop the opposing team from scoring from inside their own territory. Na it isn't his fault at all, their defense shouldn't have allowed them to score.

I'm a USC fan, it would be easy to blame our D for giving up that play. But like many other USC fans, we know why we lost that game. It all goes back to Booty's poor play. But I guess it's easier for an outsider, who didn't watch the game, and only seen highlights, to blame USC's defense. Fact of the matter is, that is straight bull shit. I'm not going to be commenting on a game I didn't see, thinking I know what I'm talking about, especially when your talking to a person who seen the entire game and had to sit through interception after interception, bail out after bail out, overthrow after overthrow, then to have to sit through one more interception, but without the bail out following. I can't blame them for not bailing us out that last time. We basically asked for a lost, and we got it.

But you wont see that tragedy again this season as long as Booty keeps his stanky ass on the bench and Sanchez is our QB. Then maybe our defense will have enough left in the tank to make that play at the end of the game.

It's pretty much pointless to keep going on about it. We're just looking at it from separate angles. I just think that even though Booty played bad, they had a chance to win it but couldn't pull through.

I'm not blaming USC's D at all, I really don't care if USC wins or losses each week, I'm just giving my opinion from the highlights I saw.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think LSU will win over Kentucky by at least 2 scores.

Lord Evolution
I'm very excited to see Sanchez get his first start. If things go well, we'll be seeing him start for the rest of the season as well as next year.

Sucks that we lost Gable for the whole season though, IMO he should have been getting the majority of the carries while he was playing. I like watching him play, he can blaze through a defense with his 4.4 speed. Next year it should be McKnight and Gable, with both being playmakers, we should be pretty solid at the half back position.

botankus
I think LSU will win over Kentucky by at least 2 scores.
At least. Maybe 5.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm very excited to see Sanchez get his first start. If things go well, we'll be seeing him start for the rest of the season as well as next year.

Sucks that we lost Gable for the whole season though, IMO he should have been getting the majority of the carries while he was playing. I like watching him play, he can blaze through a defense with his 4.4 speed. Next year it should be McKnight and Gable, with both being playmakers, we should be pretty solid at the half back position.

Shouldn't McKnight see more playing time?

forumcrew
been a while since ive watched Colt Brennan. Gotta say I am very unimpressed with what I am seeing. I realize it is wet out but still he is making some bad choices and terrible throws. That last pick 6 was incredibly poor. Before he let go anyone watching knew it was going the other way. Even his TD should have been a pick. With the injury and now an off game today and the 120th or so strength of schedule I think its safe to say his heisman hopes are finished.

Lord Evolution
USC barely escapes with the victory at home vs Arizona. Sanchez looked pretty iffy in the first half but stepped up his play in the second. We started handing the ball off to McKnight more in the second half, he had more rushes in this game than he had all season. He had a pretty good game, a real big punt return deep into their territory that led to a touchdown, and a huge 59 yard run into their territory that pretty much sealed the victory.

But to be honest, our offense looked like utter crap until the fourth quarter, but I think that can be attributed to the fact that they weren't letting Sanchez throw down the field, understandably so since this is his first start. He showed why he is the better QB than Booty in the 4th quarter of this game, he made plays with his feet, avoided sacks and didn't throw picks late in the game. When I watch him, I see a lot of Carson Palmer when he was at USC. I can't wait to see him when he gets a full off season to get prepared.

Man McKnight is fast, him and Gable, both fast and elusive, much like Reggie Bush. Running both of them together like White and Bush then running Washington as our power back that can fight for extra yards, watch out for this running game next season.

LSU loses to Kentucky, a day before the first BCS rankings come out, aint that great? We are right back in title game contention, with our schedule, it's set up for us to be in that game, but I just don't think we can do it this year. Next year definitely. Both McKnight and Sanchez will have a year under their belts and more experience. This is Sanchez's 3rd year, he is a sophomore, but first year of starting.He should be real good come next season, like Booty was suppose to be this year.

Boy how messed up are the rankings this year? All the top ranked teams keep losing! Michigan, USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, how many more to go? I'm hoping Cal can stay unbeaten until we get them, it would definitely help us out if we beat the #1 team in the nation.

forumcrew

Boy how messed up are the rankings this year? All the top ranked teams keep losing! Michigan, USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, how many more to go? I'm hoping Cal can stay unbeaten until we get them, it would definitely help us out if we beat the #1 team in the nation.

i think we are just seeing the level of parity that is already present in the nfl creep down to the college level.

Lord Evolution
Shouldn't McKnight see more playing time?

He did today and he had a pretty good game, a nice YPC and a great punt return that set us up to take the lead in the 4th, capped off by the longest run we have had all season(I think it was 59 yards) late in the 4th quarter to seal the game. He has a bright future.

I'm hoping him and Sanchez can become the new Leinart and Bush. We just need a standout at wide receiver. I like Davis, but he's a tight end. I'm thinking Johnson and Ausberry might be it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Both LSU and Cal lost. No Nat'l title for either team. No heisman for Deshan Jackson either. USC is in the thick of things again.

He did today and he had a pretty good game, a nice YPC and a great punt return that set us up to take the lead in the 4th, capped off by the longest run we have had all season(I think it was 59 yards) late in the 4th quarter to seal the game. He has a bright future.

I'm hoping him and Sanchez can become the new Leinart and Bush. We just need a standout at wide receiver. I like Davis, but he's a tight end. I'm thinking Johnson and Ausberry might be it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like Davis, they must continie to make playts so they can imnprove each week.

Barker
USF for prez.

Lord Evolution
And then Cal goes and loses! So #1 and #2 go down on the same day. And even though Cal is a Pac-10 rival, I was rooting for them so we could strengthen our schedule. Oregon State knocking off another #2 team, they beat us last year. I hope we steam role them in a few weeks, I'm starting to really hate them when before I just didn't care about em.

BCS comes out today....there is no way OSU should be ranked #1 or even #2 for that matter. Look at who they have played so far, and have on their remaining schedule, it's utter bull if they end up in the title game with that schedule. I would put South Florida ahead of them at this point and a bunch of other teams, including some 1 loss teams. I don't like having to bank on them losing, I don't like to depend on anyone but ourselves, but I definitely do not want to depend on a team losing when they are playing teams like Kent State, Youngstown State and Akron. Are you kidding me? I can't believe analyst actually have them as #1.

forumcrew
OSU's last 5 games are far from easy. If they arnt truly deserving of the #1 ranking they are gonna get it will show and they will lose.

Smasandian
All this talk would be averted if the BCS was gone and a playoff structure was put into place.

forumcrew
i just saw the end of the cal game.... that was terrible clock management why the hell did he scramble and run just throw it away and kick the FG. I guess thats what happens when its your first start. The fact that it was their backup QB might keep them from falling as far as they might have.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Smasandian
All this talk would be averted if the BCS was gone and a playoff structure was put into place.

I wish they would have a playoff system then some of these choices would be averted.

forumcrew

the point was "the best d in the nation" would overcome the INT's and save the game on 4th and 20 and then 4th and goal. Just like Leinart saved the game on 4th down in ND in the past because he was part of the best OFFENSE and he had to compensate for his D's lack of ability.

Lord Evolution
o we still talkin bout that?

Looks like LSU's defense couldn't step up when it mattered and make the plays. Their defense got completely dominated by Kentucky, something that hasn't happened to our defense since 05. Best D in nation my ass. Trojans hold that title.

Lord Evolution
OSU's last 5 games are far from easy. If they arnt truly deserving of the #1 ranking they are gonna get it will show and they will lose.

How in the world will it show when they keep playing piss poor teams? Maybe in the title game when they actually play someone good, but that will be too late, someone else deserving would have already missed out. And their last 5 games have been far from easy? Are you kidding me? Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, Kent State, Washington. Now you tell me how beating those teams constitutes being ranked #1?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

That is garbage.

forumcrew
How in the world will it show when they keep playing piss poor teams? Maybe in the title game when they actually play someone good, but that will be too late, someone else deserving would have already missed out. And their last 5 games have been far from easy? Are you kidding me? Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, Kent State, Washington. Now you tell me how beating those teams constitutes being ranked #1?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

That is garbage.

OSU's LAST 5 games are far from easy, meaning the last 5 on their schedule.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
What are some of the good match ups for saturday?

Lord Evolution
What does it mean to be a redshirt senior? I was looking over Booty's profile and noticed it said "redshirt senior". Please tell me this doesn't mean he gets another year!!!!

PLEASE!

Röland
What does it mean to be a redshirt senior? I was looking over Booty's profile and noticed it said "redshirt senior". Please tell me this doesn't mean he gets another year!!!!

PLEASE!

That's exact;y what it means.

Lord Evolution
Then we are screwed.

Röland
Then we are screwed.

I'm pretty sure he has another year of eligibility left, not sure though.

botankus
Best D in nation my ass. Trojans hold that title.

My high school football team is named the Trojans and ranked #6 in the state. That must be that big Trojan D you're referring to.

For USC, this is the big chance for their D to actually hold a team under 10 points this season, which consequentially means that they might actually win a game by more than 3 points for a change. (Correction: They actually annihilated 2-5 Arizona by seven points last week). Notre Dame is next on the plate, and anything more than zero offensive touchdowns allowed may reek of fraud.

Maybe Kentucky will play USC in the Weed Wacker Bowl and hang a 50-spot on that #1 D.

I know it's going to be hard, but try not to use Reggie Bush or John David Booty in your comeback.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>