hal's willpower vs kyle's willpower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
who has the stronger willpower of these two green lanterns?

Charlotte DeBel
Hal is said to be stronger in terms of willpower, though I prefer Kyle for his creativeness and artistic point of view on things.

Estacado
They are roughly equal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
They are roughly equal. no they arent. hal 's will is stronger than kyle's.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
no they arent. hal 's will is stronger than kyle's.
Says the guy who knows shit about Dc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Hal is said to be stronger in terms of willpower, though I prefer Kyle for his creativeness and artistic point of view on things. 2-1. im winning.

Soljer
They are approximate equals.

don't shiv
Hal.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Soljer
They are approximate equals.

Hal is said to be a bit (just a tiny bit and not a huge margin so they are approximately equal) better, but I still prefer Kyle over him as far as overall GL ability goes.

Blair Wind
Hal = Kyle

Also, one of those big prophetic types (his name escapes me at the moment but I think it was Sandman) said that Kyle would ultimately be greater than Hal. He has already started that by being intimate with fear (this was stated by Sandman, who said something akin to Hal would never understand fear, therefore would never be able to overcome it*)

See Hal has willpower, but he has no true courage. In order to be courageous you have to fear something and then overcome it. Hal has never had a fear to overcome (hence why he will always be the true man without fear). It all then goes into a circle that because Kyle has courage, it would amp his base willpower to do something thus in the end Kyle > Hal.

Least thats my opinion on it. At the moment though Hal = Kyle, and this can be based on any number of their feats since they are in direct correlation with their willpower (though Ive never seen Hal create green lantern speed force users, daxamites, or Oblivion type creatures shifty )

*This would be a good time for Kyle to show that by ultimately overcoming Paralax

DigiMark007
Alan Scott.

no expression

jrodslam
Hal. Slightly.

Validus
Hal has more but theres more to being a GL than willpower so don't simplify that as meaning Hal is a better Lantern than Kyle.

Charlotte DeBel
In terms of overall ability Kyle>Hal (at least to my taste)

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
who has the stronger willpower of these two green lanterns?

Hal

llagrok
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Alan Scott.

no expression

Co motherfu**ing sign.

Sandai Kitetsu
Hal is said to be stronger in terms of willpower, though I prefer Kyle for his creativeness and artistic point of view on things.
Co-signed

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Alan Scott.

no expression

Scott was a great GL. Here, though I'd say Hal.

Citizen V
Co-signed with all the Alan Scott love.

And Hal without a doubt has more willpower than Kyle, Kyle just makes up with it 'cause he's alot more creative than Hal is.

Even though IMO Hal>Kyle.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Also, one of those big prophetic types (his name escapes me at the moment but I think it was Sandman) said that Kyle would ultimately be greater than Hal. He has already started that by being intimate with fear (this was stated by Sandman, who said something akin to Hal would never understand fear, therefore would never be able to overcome it*)

And that comic was what? Nine years ago? I doubt by now that writers are using that as a point of reference to make Kyle being a better Lantern than Hal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle is the Torch bearer. Or was.
Sadom is the Ultimate GL. Or Will be.
Hal was the greatest GL ever. WAS. Until he let fear ruin him.

The winner is
Kilowog.

TricksterPriest
Sinestro is the best. 13

Symmetric Chaos
Mogo all the way.

Avlon
Hal is said to be a bit (just a tiny bit and not a huge margin so they are approximately equal) better, but I still prefer Kyle over him as far as overall GL ability goes.

Cosigned.

llagrok
Arkillo

TricksterPriest
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4741/dpyx9.jpg

Deadpool. stick out tongue laughing

Blair Wind
Originally posted by batdude123
And that comic was what? Nine years ago? I doubt by now that writers are using that as a point of reference to make Kyle being a better Lantern than Hal.

Since when has time ever been a constricting factor to a persons development? At some point in time a writer could always conceivably go back and make reference to that moment. Now would actually be the opportune moment, where Kyle can overcome the great fear, Paralax.

Photon009
Hal is the king of willpower.

quanchi112
hal does have more willpower than kyle

Tazer
Yo.

Hal = Kyle

See Hal has willpower, but he has no true courage. In order to be courageous you have to fear something and then overcome it. Hal has never had a fear to overcome (hence why he will always be the true man without fear). It all then goes into a circle that because Kyle has courage, it would amp his base willpower to do something thus in the end Kyle > Hal.

no offense, but thats doesnt hold alot of water when U consider the fact that a GL is PICKED by "their ability to overcome great fear". this was how the francise was concieved of from Showcase #22 and held stead all the way til now. if we go by wat Dream said then Kyle would NEVER be picked by a Ring since he wouldnt have that needed fearlessness.

and, more to the point, Kyle was never choosen by a Ring, but had his gift tossed to him cuz Guy turned it down, PLUS Hal atleast has the excuse of having been exposed to the YFM/Parallax w/o knowing wtf was going on (think about all of the times he's been inside of the CPB, and then look how long it took the YFM to actually take him over; now look at Kyle getting invaded by it.

exactly, Kyle knew about the YFM and *still* got taken over (as well as being made to cry like a girl in front of Sinestro). and lets not forget that Hal was the only GL in GL:Rebirth to outright resist the YFM when it was right in his face, whereas Kyle and the other 3 got swarmed.

that, RIGHT THERE, tells ya who has more willpower.

Least thats my opinion on it. At the moment though Hal = Kyle, and this can be based on any number of their feats since they are in direct correlation with their willpower (though Ive never seen Hal create green lantern speed force users, daxamites, or Oblivion type creatures shifty )

*This would be a good time for Kyle to show that by ultimately overcoming Paralax

not bad, but then again Hal would never have to be told (repeatedly) that "he holds the most powerful weapon in the universe" by his teammates (happend to Kyle all the time in JLA), have to constantly be told that he COULD do something (during Kyles run in the book AND JLA pre-Ion), or or be renderd ineffective by something as easily reversible as going blind or given a stomach virus.

granted, he'd be kayod by a semi-soft bar of margerine but still.......

laughing

Tazer

quanchi112
hal wins this like i said from the beginning and kyle just doesnt stack up to hals will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.