So yeah... anyone want to help?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

miss_swann
I'm oh so confused! If you don't live in the UK this may make no sense. But in Fifth Form you get to narrow the number of subjects you do down to 8/9/10 depending how clever you are, this is in preparation for GCSE's. Ive to take 9.

So I had chosen: Maths, English, History, French, Latin, Biology, Art, Drama and Classical Studies.

But now, I is confuzzled! We went back to school yesterday, I gave it two days and I HATE LATIN!!! Thing is there are only certain subjects I can take if I drop it, and I don't want to do any of those subjects, BUT I can switch Art class and take Geography. BUT I HATE GEOGRAPHY but I have this amazingly natural talent and could sail through it easily, which to someone like me is important, because I need to take exam courses I know I can pass. Hence the bizzare choice of subjects.

I won't pass Latin easily especially if I have another set back, whereas I would pass Geography even if there was another set back. But changing Art classes, Mrs Hemingway is really nice and the class is good too. Whereas Miss Ablitto is strict and scary and the class is some what intimidating. Can anyone else help me decide?

SpartanII
Originally posted by miss_swann
I'm oh so confused! If you don't live in the UK this may make no sense. But in Fifth Form you get to narrow the number of subjects you do down to 8/9/10 depending how clever you are, this is in preparation for GCSE's. Ive to take 9.

So I had chosen: Maths, English, History, French, Latin, Biology, Art, Drama and Classical Studies.

But now, I is confuzzled! We went back to school yesterday, I gave it two days and I HATE LATIN!!! Thing is there are only certain subjects I can take if I drop it, and I don't want to do any of those subjects, BUT I can switch Art class and take Geography. BUT I HATE GEOGRAPHY but I have this amazingly natural talent and could sail through it easily, which to someone like me is important, because I need to take exam courses I know I can pass. Hence the bizzare choice of subjects.

I won't pass Latin easily especially if I have another set back, whereas I would pass Geography even if there was another set back. But changing Art classes, Mrs Hemingway is really nice and the class is good too. Whereas Miss Ablitto is strict and scary and the class is some what intimidating. Can anyone else help me decide?

id chose geography over a foreign language personnaly. just take what you enjoy most!

miss_swann
Latin teacher makes me cry but Geography can't hold my attention but infuriatingly I'm good at it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

What do you want to do when you graduate? Take some classes even though you may hate them. I didn't like certain classes when I was in school, but I was able to look past that and excelled at all of my classes.

§P0oONY
Modern languages are looked at favourable by universities. But as Latin is a classical language I'd take Georgaphy, far more useful and respectable... But if you are looking to do something like classics at university then you might want to take Latin.

Art is a waste of time and it's not even needed if you want to take art at University, you might just need a portfolio.

Disturbed Angel

I'm not from the UK but I'm not from the US either and we've got the exact same schooling system here- I just finished fifth form. I did geography, cos I couldn't do languages even if I'd wanted to (long story), but I'd say you should go with the subject that will most likely be a vice in any future careers you may want to pursue. If you're just taking the subject cos you HAVE to, just go with the easiest or least boring one. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.