Anybody afraid to admit that they feel this..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Got this in an email, and was wondering (assuming it's legit): are there others out there who basically feel the same way?

This is how it read:

This woman should run for president!
Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like it! This is one ticked off lady.

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we?
Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?
Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.
I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.
I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.
When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head after he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-I don't care!!
If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country!
And may I add:"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan.
I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this. "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Also by.. Ronald Reagan.
One last thought for the day:In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rather than forwarding it, I thought it'd make for good discussion.

Do you agree? Disagree? Find yourself getting emails like this?

Naz
Strongly Disagree.
Here's what I found wrong with it:

"started by Islamic people"
No, the Islamic people did not want to start a war with us, a small group a crazy people decided that they should attack us. The Islamic people are millions in number and I guarantee most of them just want the war and violence to end.

"fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible"
The Bible isn't holy to everyone, whoever wrote this and agrees with it needs to learn some religious toleration.

"in what amounts to a college-hazing incident"
This is simply undermining the atrocity of torture and showing a total disregard for human dignity. Also, many many more have died horrible deaths in Guantanamo than all of the Nick Bergs in the world combined.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Naz
Strongly Disagree.

No, the Islamic people did not want to start a war with us, a small group a crazy people decided that they should attack us. The Islamic people are millions in number and I guarantee most of them just want the war and violence to end.

The Bible isn't holy to everyone, whoever wrote this and agrees with it needs to learn some religious toleration.

This is simply undermining the atrocity of torture and showing a total disregard for human dignity. Also, many many more have died horrible deaths in Guantanamo than all of the Nick Bergs in the world combined.

NAZ! You are very talented indeed... big grin

I got this e-mail from a coworker...I agreed with some of it...but the person who wrote this letter is obviously ignorant and intolerant...almost the very same person she hates...hypocrisy anyone?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Naz
Strongly Disagree.

I agree...

Originally posted by Naz

I agree...

Originally posted by Naz

I disagree...

To compare Nick Bergs to people in Guantanamo is wrong. Please provide the number of deaths at Guantanamo and the cause. I don't think your assertion is correct.

silver_tears
That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've read all day, nay, week.
I'm offended by the sheer stupidity.

Schecter
what an idiotic heap of brain farts and horseshit.

there should be a seperate "too ****ing idiotic to read without killing half your brain cells from the sheer stupidity of it" forum made just for this thread, so that it may be moved there. if not it should be outright deleted. id rather read "NOKIA PHONEZ $100!!" threads than this dribble. infinite shame on you

dadudemon
Originally posted by Schecter
what an idiotic heap of brain farts and horseshit.

there should be a seperate "too ****ing idiotic to read without killing half your brain cells from the sheer stupidity of it" forum made just for this thread, so that it may be moved there. if not it should be outright deleted. id rather read "NOKIA PHONEZ $100!!" threads than this dribble. infinite shame on you

The bible comment by that lady is what made it "likeable" by the Okies...Oklahoma is the belt buckle of the bible belt...some people have scriptures done into their friggin' lawn!

btw. that's a lot of shame....

FeceMan
Originally posted by Naz
Even if not all Muslims wanted to kill us, their--that is, the Islamic terrorists'--attack on the World Trade Center is what spurred the war on terror.
Originally posted by Naz
That's pretty much the exact point the writer was trying to make. Way to feed into the bullshit fed to you by mainstream culture.

I can think of many worse things than being stacked nude with a bunch of other men. Things, like, you know, actual torture. I'd also like to see you back up your statement that there have been more "horrible deaths in Gauntanamo than all of the Nick Bergs in the world combined."

'Cause, you know, you're full of shit.

And, to address the initial post:

Yes, I feel this way, and, no, I'm not ashamed of it. I've stopped caring. It doesn't matter to me anymore. Death and destruction, chaos and ruin...these things will continue with or without war. Starvation, pestilence, disease, drought--these things will continue until the day the Earth is black and dead. Let death come and claim whom it will, either by bombs and bullets or through famine and thirst.

Strangelove
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like it! This is one ticked off lady.

Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?
Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.
I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.
I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.
When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head after he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-I don't care!!
If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country!
And may I add:"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan.
I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this. "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Also by.. Ronald Reagan.
One last thought for the day:In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."
1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. An arrogant intolerant ****tard, this woman is.

Syren
Also, comparing 'The American G.I' with Jesus Christ is a little over the top.

botankus
Written by a housewife from New Jersey

Stopped reading here.

Schecter
Originally posted by FeceMan

Yes, I feel this way, and, no, I'm not ashamed of it. I've stopped caring. It doesn't matter to me anymore. Death and destruction, chaos and ruin...these things will continue with or without war. Starvation, pestilence, disease, drought--these things will continue until the day the Earth is black and dead. Let death come and claim whom it will, either by bombs and bullets or through famine and thirst.

indiscriminate apathy is completely irrelevant to what this fascist cvnt wrote down. you say '**** everyone'? well...i can respect that, as long as we are included.

lil bitchiness
Got this in an email, and was wondering (assuming it's legit): are there others out there who basically feel the same way?

This is how it read:

1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

According to this idiotic women, the lives of Americans are valued above those anywhere else in the world.

She cares about Bible but not about Middle East. Her Bible came from the Middle East, as did Jesus.

inimalist
This reminds me a lot of that lady in Jesus camp, who talks about how radical Islam targets children and brainwashes them into their ideology of hate. Her response to this was to make sure that Christian American children were just as fanatical. We can't let the mohammedins be the most religious! As if the level of radicalism a person showed was an index of how pious they are.

While I'm 99% positive this is a hoax, it does somewhat capture the ideology as far as I understand it. The argument basically boils down to "Because they are so bad means that we can be that bad as well" with the childish nananana almost implied at the end.

If Western society is one that is willing to stand for the very same attrocities that we condemn in "Islamic" society, then we have already lost the war on terror.

FeceMan
I'm 100% certain that this isn't a joke.

JESUS CHRIST, AMERICAN G.I.

First, he came to die for your sins. Now, he's back to pwn some ragheads. CRUCIFY THIS, BITCHES!

"Tell those ****ers with the towels on their heads that it's time to do the laundry...and Jesus brought a Maytag."

Robtard
I'm 100% certain that this isn't a joke.

JESUS CHRIST, AMERICAN G.I.

First, he came to die for your sins. Now, he's back to pwn some ragheads. CRUCIFY THIS, BITCHES!

"Tell those ****ers with the towels on their heads that it's time to do the laundry...and Jesus brought a Maytag."

Anne Coulter?

Schecter
mussolini?

Victor Von Doom
Skeletor?

Bardock42
Originally posted by crazylady33

You aren't.

Even if it wouldn't lack the most fundamental existence....no, no it wasn't.

Yes.

Yes.

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?

N-no, not really.

...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

Good for you.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

Now, why would you do that? Doesn't bring them back to life, does it?

Yeah, yeah, you'll care, blah, blah.

Though "I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat." and "I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights." together is kinda hilarious.

You calling them brave shows that you do care. Also, how do you feel about it when the so called "terrorist" is not a terrorist at all, but instead a innocent shop keeper with 3 young daughters and a wife (or two (don't want to be ignorant, do we)

Now that's mean. sad

Guilty until proven innocent by death? Cool.

Cool.

behavior!

W-what behaviour? You should learn to put some structure in your mind numbing rants.

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country!

The great country where you can't complain if you don't agree with Miss New Jersey Nazi ... cool.

Cause they changed the life of the innocent prisoners they raped. Zing.

I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this. "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
Also by.. Ronald Reagan.
1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Well, I assume even the most moronic morons don't agree with either of that.

Well, as you can see I agree with some parts (probably for very, very different reasons) and disagree with others. Thought I'd phrase it as a reply to her. Cause....it amused me.

If you agree with her maybe you can reply to the things I said.

botankus
A simple "No" would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
A simple "No, 'cause you do'" would have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Haha, he could have tricked us though and posted something sensible he disagreed with.

SpearofDestiny

No. We are trying to take away the Oil that the Middle East earns thier riches from. This war is a business.

No. It was started by the U.S.A. when we put Sadam Hussien in power, and started getting involved in the affairs of the Arab World long ago.

Yes, they were, but why does it matter if they were American or not ? Is an American somehow worth more or less than another person ?

That they did, a horrible event lead by zealots.

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

Neither do I, to be honest. It's just a book.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

What the hell would repenting do ? How they hell would that possibly absolve Bin Ladin of what he did ?

No amount of repentence will clean Bin Ladin of the murders he committed.

You sound just as zealot as the extremist Muslims do.

The "Holy Bible" is just a book. You are sounding, once again, just as zealot as the Muslims you hate.

You act as if Christians never committed violence before roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why do you want war ? Why do you glorify violence so much, if you supposedly hate it ?

They don't beleive in Nirvana. Nirvana is not an Islamic concept. You are so ignorant, it hurts.

They beleive in the same Heaven you do. Get over it already thumb down

And, btw, we also blew up thier children, you moron

The First Amendment clearly states that Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of religion. Meaning church and state stay separate.

Did you somehow forget that ? erm

So it's okay to torture someone ?

They were bitten by dogs. You don't care ? How stupid can you truly be ?

Once again, why do you glorify violence when you claim to hate violence ?

Then why complain when someone mishandles your precious Bible ?

I'm sure they don't care about the Bible either.

Ronald Reagan ignored the pandemic of AIDS

Ronald Reagan ignored the pandemic of AIDS

Loving America does not equate to Hating the Middle East. You are a fkn idiot thumb down

1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Jesus Christ is just a human. And he never killed as many people as the average American G.I. has.

God..this woman is an idiot !

botankus
"Spear of Destiny?????" Why, Urizen, why?

SpearofDestiny
"Spear of Destiny?????" Why, Urizen, why?

It's a cooler username

inimalist
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
No. We are trying to take away the Oil that the Middle East earns thier riches from. This war is a business.

lol

and venuzaula is next! THEN ALBERTA!

Jesus Christ is just a human. And he never killed as many people as the average American G.I. has.

But I think we can all agree he would have been a greater man if he had

Devil King
1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

No, I don't get emails like this. I used to get them from both my uncle and my mother. They drank the kool-aid a long time ago. But after my first few "reply to all" responses to the mass emailings, I mysteriously stopped getting any propoganda emails from them.

The really sad part is that whoever sent this out (and I highly doubt this was from just any soccer mom roaming the aisles of your local Safeway) decided to tell you it was a house wife, because they want you to walk down the grocery aisle and think that the simple people you see around you; 1) have time to give a shit about the specifics of 9/11 and 2) would take the time to consider them if they did. They want you to think 'merca is pissed! (*D'ey took ur jyobs!*mentality) They want you to think that if you don't feel this way, that there's something wrong with you, that you're less of an American. It's a way of making just anyone feel like they're an American hero, too.

As for Jesus and the G.I.; one rides a donkey and asked his dad at the last minute why he let it happen to him and the other we give helmets, guns and tanks. I don't see a comparisson. In fact, I think it does a great disservice to both, because it implies that both are playing their parts in history with some sort of death wish. Being willing isn't the same as wanting. That's a wreckless assumption on both parts.

I also like the audacity of this so-called soccer mom, when she says: If you don't agree with me, then you can't complain when we get a dirty bomb shoved up our ass! That's ignorant. It's all part of this "You're with us or against us" mentality that this fake war on Terror! *gasp* has caused in people. I know there are a lot of people in this country that have grown up in teh generations since WWII, that think the U.S. is the only SUPER POWER, and that the rest of the world needs us as a guiding beacon of freedom and principles. This is simply not the case. You aren't really a super power, when you're the only one who thinks so. (But, that goes back to the mentality to which I am speaking)

There's a million people outside my window that think America is like Dog the Bounty Hunter. We stand around and pray before we go to catch the bad guys. Well, that doesn't mean that sometimes the force used isn't excessive or unjustified, simply because they're chasing Iceheads.

America needs to get over this idea that a human being becomes a super hero just because they were born here. That kind of attitude leads to the dangerous opinion that the converse must be true; that everyone else is the damsel in distress or the villain twisting his mustache.

And what's worse, is that pointing this out to people of this mindset is a waste of time. They tune you out, turn on FOX news and talk amongst themselves about fake emails sent out by "house wives". This is simply not how the world works. This is why Anne Coulter called John Edwards a fagg*t! John Edwards is a fagg*t because he listens to people and reads and takes the time to consider another's position and showers (AND WHY IT'S HOW THEY FEEL<--dangerous word!. When he's not out chasing ambulances, of course.) This is touchy-feely fagg*t behavior, when what is really called for is a steel toed boot up the ass of anyone who disagrees, be they friend or foe.

This email is arrognat, irresponsible and dangerous. And the sad part is that people of that mindset get off on being called that, as though it were a medal of honour.

lord xyz
Bardock and Spearofdestiny beat me to it...

Oh what the hell.

Got this in an email, and was wondering (assuming it's legit): are there others out there who basically feel the same way? NO!

Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like it! This is one ticked off lady.If she was president, it'd be the end of the world. Then again, we aren't that far.

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Yeah, and you still haven't found Osama, after 6 years looking through the poorest country in the world. Pretty embarrassing really.
Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? It wasn't. If the US Military did their jobs, the attacks would have never gotten the chance. They failed under Clinton, oh wait, he got a blowjob, so he's evil by default. erm
Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?Yeah, but what has that got to do with Iraq?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?Probably.
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.You could have found him in 2001, but your Republican government is so bad at everything, you didn't.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .I wish it was a crime here.
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat. I'm sure the US has done far worse.
I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques. I'm sorry, how would you act when you're under attacked by an advanced country?
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs. As opposed to the US army attacking innocent citizens of Iraq?
I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights. I bet she doesn't know international laws.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-I don't care!! And I don't care if you and all who share your view die.
behavior! Most of these passovers were a joke I bet.
If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! Great country. What a joke.
I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this. "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Also by.. Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan has been known as one of the dumbest presidents of the US. When he ruled, things were aweful. But only a fascist nutjob wouldn't know that.
One last thought for the day:In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Well, more people move to the UK so thank you.
1 Jesus Christ Lie.
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. Not the US army then.

Do you agree? Disagree? Find yourself getting emails like this? I (and everyone else) disagree. You're an absloute moron if you agree with, any of these points, and if you like republicans like the Bushes and Reagan. People like this need brains.

botankus
Originally posted by Devil King
This email is arrognat, irresponsible and dangerous.

How is this email dangerous? Do you believe that any computer stiff would truly act on the content? Or do you mean from a psychological standpoint, like mind-poison or something of that nature.

Devil King
How is this email dangerous? Do you believe that any computer stiff would truly act on the content? Or do you mean from a psychological standpoint, like mind-poison or something of that nature.

Yes, I think it's a dangerous mindset.

After I looked at how long that post was, I knew people would only read the last line.

Da Pittman

Devil King

Da Pittman
But, both were lied to by the current administration. The current administration is also of both parties and the house and senate, they would just as fault as anyone else for not checking their own information or what was told to them.

botankus
America needs to get over this idea that a human being becomes a super hero just because they were born here.

Agreed, but at the same time, the rest of the world needs to get over this idea that all human beings have identical thought processes and daily practices just because they were born in America.

Quiero Mota
I first read this when it was posted yesterday, but I didn't say anything because I had nothing to say about it. But I knew that absolutely no one would agree with it.

Does everyone who posted really not agree with any part of it (I personally don't care about enemy deaths, go ahead; call me heartless), or are you guys just saying so because its cool to disagree with sithsaber, and everybody goes out of their way to do so?

Devil King
Originally posted by Da Pittman
The current administration is also of both parties and the house and senate, they would just as fault as anyone else for not checking their own information or what was told to them.

Well, I don't think there's a whole lot of across the aisle politics with this administration. As for the democrats, yeah, I guess it was their responsability to fact-check, but I'm not sure how they'd go about it. And I think a lot of what happen was a result of the American people being lied to, being whipped up into a freenzt. It would have been political suicide for any democrat to come out against the war. As it is now, some of the ones who did are running for president on a wing and a prayer.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
are you guys just saying so because its cool to disagree with sithsaber

I've disagreed with him since before it was cool.

No, you're right. I don't care about the ter'ists. But do you honestly care about the soldiers? It's just another number mentioned on teh news. Or do you worry yourself over the ones you know, personally?

It's one of the reasons I don't understand why supporting our troops means keeping them in harms way. If everyone really cared about our troops, there wouldn't be so many people out there with mindless hard-ons over this war on TERROR!

Bardock42
I first read this when it was posted yesterday, but I didn't say anything because I had nothing to say about it. But I knew that absolutely no one would agree with it.

Does everyone who posted really not agree with any part of it (I personally don't care about enemy deaths, go ahead; call me heartless), or are you guys just saying so because its cool to disagree with sithsaber, and everybody goes out of their way to do so? You can read my more in depths answer, you know.

But lots of the things she says are stupid, I agree with many of the don't cares, but I disagree with her reasoning for it. Kniw where I'm coming from, ese?

Devil King
Like Bill Maher said: Thanks for sticking a yellow magnet on your car and congratulating yourself on being a good 'merican, it really is THE VERY LEAST YOU CAN DO!

Da Pittman

Quiero Mota
I've disagreed with him since before it was cool.

I know that. It's no secret that you don't like him, so it wasn't an unreasonable question. He posts, and then you automatically disagree.

No, you're right. I don't care about the ter'ists. But do you honestly care about the soldiers? It's just another number mentioned on teh news. Or do you worry yourself over the ones you know, personally?

I have a son and two nephews in Iraq right now, so I think that gives me a sufficient reason to care.

Originally posted by Bardock42
You can read my more in depths answer, you know.

But lots of the things she says are stupid, I agree with many of the don't cares, but I disagree with her reasoning for it. Kniw where I'm coming from, ese?

Ok.

Devil King

Bardock42

I have a son and two nephews in Iraq right now, so I think that gives me a sufficient reason to care.
Yeah, for them. Do you care for the others too?

Devil King
I know that. It's no secret that you don't like him, so it wasn't an unreasonable question. He posts, and then you automatically disagree.

Not true. He and I have agreed on many things. Just not politics and religion. There is nothing automatic about it.

And you know I mean no disrespect, but that kind of proves my point.

May I ask, why they joined? What do they say about what they're doing over there?

Quiero Mota
Yeah, for them. Do you care for the others too?

Of course; I want them to come home to their families.

Why?

Bardock42

Why? And why for them and not the Iraqis fighting for their country?

inimalist
And why for them and not the Iraqis fighting for their country?

I don't see those as being mutually exclusive...

unless he wants his family to kill others...

but it seems all that has been said is that he wants his family and the families of others to be home safe...

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
I don't see those as being mutually exclusive...

unless he wants his family to kill others...

but it seems all that has been said is that he wants his family and the families of others to be home safe... As long as they are American citizens or regardless of nationality?

And no, they are not mutually exclusive, they need some explaining though.

lord xyz
And why for them and not the Iraqis fighting for their country? Cos they could kill his son.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
Cos they could kill his son. Hey, to be fair, it's almost as likely that some crazy ass marine kills them...

Devil King

Why?

Because that's the shitty part about the way this administration is handling this. Rather than tell the families of the men & women who are over there, that their loved ones are fighting and dying for illegitimate reasons based on money, they conflate the concern you have for your loved ones with what it means to be an American. They tell the whole country that if they take exception to the whys and hows of this war, they don't give a shit about their loved ones or their country. You don't strike me as the type to buy it hook, line and sinker. But you have to understand that there are people out there that do. And, I'm sorry to say, but some of them are soldiers themselves.

If I were a soldier, or the family of a soldier, I'd be insulted.

lord xyz
Hey, to be fair, it's almost as likely that some crazy ass marine kills them... Haha, probably.

Da Pittman

Quiero Mota
May I ask, why they joined?

Carlos had always wanted to be a Marine, because of the glorified image of them, and also to see more of the world.

As for my nephews; not sure, probably because they wanted to get away from home and couldn't afford college.

What do they say about what they're doing over there?

None of your business.

And why for them and not the Iraqis fighting for their country?

I have no reason to care for them. If you just wanna calll me an ass.hole, then do it.

Devil King
Carlos had always wanted to be a Marine, because of the glorified image of them, and also to see more of the world.

As for my nephews; not sure, probably because they wanted to get away from home and couldn't afford college.

None of your business.

So, you think the first question was my buisness, but the second is too personal? That doesn't make any sense.

I can only assume it's because they're sitting in a shit hole, they're scared and they want to come home. It doesn't bode well for the argument that all the troops are into this war. Not that I'm saying that's what you're saying.

If you just wanna calll me an ass.hole, then do it.

why? would that make you feel better?

See, Sithsabre is doing, consciously or not, the same thing the email does. He goes "anyone scared to admit they feel this way?"

It's basically a challenge. That's why I mentioned Anne Coulter calling John Edwards a fagg*t.

Well, you weren't scared to admit it. And anyone who disagrees with it can easily be labelled a pussy.

Quiero Mota
So, you think the first question was my buisness, but the second is too personal? That doesn't make any sense.

I can only assume it's because they're sitting in a shit hole, they're scared and they want to come home. It doesn't bode well for the argument that all the troops are into this war. Not that I'm saying that's what you're saying.

It's nothing really personal in regards to myself, but I don't think they want me divulging that. Especially to someone I've never met on the internet.

And yeah, that's pretty much what they think.

In fact they tell me that many of the troops there have an amoral viewpoint: "I have a job to do, and I'm here to do it."

why? would that make you feel better?

No, but that's what it seems like he's doing.

Robtard
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Skeletor?

I already covered that with Coulter.

sithsaber408
are you guys just saying so because its cool to disagree with sithsaber, and everybody goes out of their way to do so?

Hold on a sec, Mota.

Let me address something to the people posting in this thread:

I NEVER said that I agree with this woman.

I said that I received this in an email.

I posed the question: "Anybody else feel this way, but afraid to admit it?" because of the very responses posted here.

Also if the question was: "Nobody really feels this way, do they?" then it comes across as a challenge of sorts.

With all that gets said about the war, the president, terrorism, and soldiers, this woman's rant was.... different, to say the least.

I just wanted a dialogue going.

As far as personal opinion, don't presume to know that I'll just agree with these statements blindly.

The comments made about the nation under God and stuff, and Jesus dying for you are things that everybody knows that I agree with and I'm proud of that.

I work for my church in full-time ministry now and I lead a group for teenage guys. I make no bones about that.

That doesn't mean that I'd agree with torture, or killing innocent Islamic citizens of ANY country.

What goes on in the world now is all kinds of ugly, and none of it ends up being good.

I want our troops to come home soon and not die.

I want our future secure and protected, so that Islamic militants aren't killing thousands of people later on.

So it's hard to pick a side. Really, for me it is.

Do I feel bad if an evil person that kills and believes in suicide bombing is treated less than fair? Not really.

Do I feel bad if they are killed in combat? Not really.

Do I feel bad if they are abused and treated inhumanly by us in captivity? Yes, actually somewhat. I think we should rise above that kind of stuff.

So must of what this woman says doesn't fly with me.

Also, just for anybody taking notes: Christian and Republican are necessarily terms that go hand-in-hand any more.

I'm registered as one, but the person I'd vote for will be the one who I feel will do the best for the people.

inimalist
I have no reason to care for them.

I would agree with this pov generally

however, let me ask this, as long as it didn't affect you one way or another, would you wish death on an iraqi?

(What i mean by that is, I'm sure in any instance you would be happy to see the death or an iraqi if it meant the life of one of your family members. I would feel the same. Had I a son in the army, I would hope every shot he took killed whoever it was firing back at him. But for just joe schmoe soldier, trying to protect his kids, I'd want him to go home to them, regardless of nationality.)

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
I already covered that with Coulter.

laughing out loud

Devil King
Originally posted by Da Pittman
but it is still not only him that makes the decisions.

Well, maybe someone should tell him that.

Devil King
I just wanted a dialogue going.

Well, that's what we're doing.

As far as personal opinion, don't presume to know that I'll just agree with these statements blindly.

It wouldn't happen if you didin't go so long without commenting on your own threads. You do that a lot.

Also, just for anybody taking notes: Christian and Republican aren't necessarily terms that go hand-in-hand any more.

"Anymore"? As if to imply that it was okay that they were at one point?

sithsaber408
Well, that's what we're doing.

It wouldn't happen if you didin't go so long without commenting on your own threads. You do that a lot.

"Anymore"? As if to imply that it was okay that they were at one point?

1.) Good. Talking=fun

2.) Yeah, I know. Bad habit. stick out tongue

3.) No, not implying that it was ok. Just that it was usually thought to be the same thing, and now it's not. (least it isn't for me.)

Bardock42

I have no reason to care for them. If you just wanna calll me an ass.hole, then do it. Why would you think that? I don't think you are an *******. I just think your reasoning is odd. I mean, what reason do you have to care for the US soldiers that are not your family more than the Iraqi soldiers that are not your family?

inimalist
3.) No, not implying that it was ok. Just that it was usually thought to be the same thing, and now it's not. (least it isn't for me.)

what has happened to make you think this?

as a foreign observer, I'd almost say that God and "faith" based stuff has become the bread and butter of the Reps, especially since the 80s...

maybe it is more: radical christians are outspoken republicans, than: outspoken republicans are radical christians.

lord xyz
The Republicans new one dollar bill says "In God we trust."

Devil King
In fact they tell me that many of the troops there have an amoral viewpoint: "I have a job to do, and I'm here to do it."

I can understand that. It's hard not to develop a self-defense mechanism in response to doing something with which they *might* not truely agree.

Originally posted by lord xyz
The Republicans new one dollar bill says "In God we trust."

and it has a picture of Fred Thompson driving a red pick-up truck on it.

Originally posted by inimalist
maybe it is more: radical christians are outspoken republicans, than: outspoken republicans are radical christians.

yes

FeceMan
See, Sithsabre is doing, consciously or not, the same thing the email does. He goes "anyone scared to admit they feel this way?"

He is not doing that at all. By phrasing the question as "Is anybody afraid to admit that they feel like this?" he is showing that he disagrees with the statements of the spam mail because he believes we should believe about the insurgents fighting and dying.

It reminds me of:

But that's the catch, isn't it? If he doesn't kill the other son, the other son will kill him. One mother will live on without her son while the other will live with a son who has been changed by war. And life will go on. There will be mothers whose sons die from famine and disease; they will watch their children wither away before their arms. There are mothers whose sons will die in car accidents and in plane crashes; they will hear about their sons' deaths from a stranger and weep. There are mothers whose sons will die from heart attacks and kidney failure; they will cry out and curse for their loss.

And life will go on.

No matter how deep the sorrow, no matter how painful the loss, life will go on. There will not be an end to these troubles for a very long time, and many more will die along the way. Could we take the sorrow of all the deaths throughout history and make them known in tears and mourning, life would still go on.

Because we just don't care. I felt no emotion over the terrorist attacks on September 11. I didn't care then, and I didn't care now--at least, not on an emotional level. Life went on for me, and life went on for the families of those 3,000 people who perished.

Bardock42
But that's the catch, isn't it? If he doesn't kill the other son, the other son will kill him. Not if he doesn't go in there country to kill them. Oh...or were you talking about the Iraqi soldiers?

lord xyz
http://www.lovenstein.org/tough/ ermm

Devil King
he is showing that he disagrees with the statements of the spam mail because he believes we should believe about the insurgents fighting and dying.

we should believe what about the "insurgents"?

chillmeistergen

I have no reason to care for them. If you just wanna calll me an ass.hole, then do it.

What about their families?

Ok, you're an as.hole, a racist one.

vivando-loca
i agree with a few of these points, but not many. erm

FeceMan
we should believe what about the "insurgents"?
I misspoke. I said "believe" when I meant to say "care."
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

I believe that you are confusing Quiero Mota with FistoftheNorth or Czarina_Czarina.

chillmeistergen

Quiero Mota

How am I racist? Honestly, what are you basing that on?

Pendejo.

chillmeistergen
How am I racist? Honestly, what are you basing that on?

Pendejo.

You said you have no reason to care for the Iraqi soldiers. Yet when asked if you care for the American ones, you replied with 'Of course; I want them to come home to their families.'

How exactly do these American families matter more? Is it because they're English speaking?

Bardock42
You said you have no reason to care for the Iraqi soldiers. Yet when asked if you care for the American ones, you replied with 'Of course; I want them to come home to their families.'

How exactly do these American families matter more? Is it because they're English speaking? Or Spanish speaking.

I don't think Quiero is in any way racist though. He just says what many of us emotionally feel, even if we don't agree with it approaching it logically.

Quiero Mota

How exactly do these American families matter more? Is it because they're English speaking?

Do you know the difference between race and nationality? I want the Americans to come home alive and in one piece regardless of their skin color. Are you aware that there are Arab-American soldiers in Iraq right now? Race doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Robtard

He may or may not be a nationalist, but a racist? On what grounds?

Because they're American and he's an American. People tend to care more about their own.

Rogue Jedi

How exactly do these American families matter more? Is it because they're English speaking? for the same reason that Iraqi's care more for their soldiers than they do american ones.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
for the same reason that Iraqi's care more for their soldiers than they do american ones. Because he got attacked and invaded by a foreign country on his soil?

A-are you sure?

Quiero Mota
He may or may not be a nationalist, but a racist? On what grounds?

That's what I'm saying. That was seriously a blind leap.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, my error. I should have put nationalist instead. I still believe it's out of order though, to not care at all about these people's lives. They've got families as well, that should be given some consideration and not just dismissed with a shrug of the shoulders.

Imagine reading a testament from an Iraqi, declaring that Iraqi lives matter and American ones mean nothing. Well we've all read those type of things and we've all seen how a lot of people react to it.

Rogue Jedi
Because he got attacked and invaded by a foreign country on his soil?

A-are you sure? Just saying its natural for a country to care for their own troops and not ones from foreign countries.

sithsaber408
Just an observation here, rather off-topic really, but since when is "nationalist" a bad word?

Isn't good to care about your nation, the one you live in, over others?

(not to the point of mistreatment, mind you.. but what's wrong with preferring your own country? The French do it all the time.) stick out tongue

Robtard
Just an observation here, rather off-topic really, but since when is "nationalist" a bad word?

(not to the point of mistreatment, mind you.. but what's wrong with preferring your own country? The French do it all the time.) stick out tongue

I don't think anyone said it was... correct me if I am wrong.

Shakyamunison

Also, saying the French do it, is not a good argument. laughing

sithsaber408

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but chillmiester seems to use it as a term to show that Quiero is wrong.

chillmeistergen
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but chillmiester seems to use it as a term to show that Quiero is wrong.

Yes, you're misinterpreting. I'm not saying there's a problem with nationalism to a degree. But, when it gets to the point when there is 'no reason to care' for lives that aren't American, I think it's going too far.

Robtard

You'd have to ask Chillmeistergen, who the **** knows what he means, he's from the U.K.

But there are different levels of nationalism, being proud and supporting your country is one thing, doing it blindly no matter the situation is another. I don't think anyone would consider the average German citizen who went along with the Nazi agenda in the 30's & 40's as good/proper "nationalism".

chillmeistergen
You'd have to ask Chillmeistergen, who the **** knows what he means, he's from the U.K.

Lovely stuff.

Devil King
He is not doing that at all.

Not intentionally, no. I said that.

But given the Toby Keith attitude of most of the people who would agree with the email, what kind of reaction to such wording would you expect?

Rogue Jedi
Yes, you're misinterpreting. I'm not saying there's a problem with nationalism to a degree. But, when it gets to the point when there is 'no reason to care' for lives that aren't American, I think it's going too far. so if a group of marines kills a dozen taliban commandos, do you feel for them?

chillmeistergen
so if a group of marines kills a dozen taliban commandos, do you feel for them?

Yeah.

Devil King

It becomes a bad thing when your sense of national pride is dependant upon a boot heel in the face of every other nation. That's not being proud of your country, that's being arrogant in the face of reason and diplomacy. That's when a "nationalist", as you put it, becomes an "imperialist", based on the fact that they think the rest of the world should be a little clone or provice of the nation to which you are referring.

Bardock42

The French...hahaha. Not the first country that comes to mind when thinking of that.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah. why?

Robtard
Yeah.

Now, would you feel the same if it was the other way around, because you care for human life in general? Or?

chillmeistergen
I'd feel the same no matter what. A life's a life.

Bardock42
so if a group of marines kills a dozen taliban commandos, do you feel for them? No.

Though also not if a group of Taliban kills a dozen German soldiers.

Rogue Jedi
I'd feel the same no matter what. A life's a life. good answer.

sithsaber408
Yes, you're misinterpreting. I'm not saying there's a problem with nationalism to a degree. But, when it gets to the point when there is 'no reason to care' for lives that aren't American, I think it's going too far.

Gotcha.Originally posted by Devil King
It becomes a bad thing when your sense of national pride is dependant upon a boot heel in the face of every other nation. That's not being proud of your country, that's being arrogant in the face of reason and diplomacy. That's when a "nationalist", as you put it, becomes an "imperialist", based on the fact that they think the rest of the world should be a little clone or provice of the nation to which you are referring.

I see.

That's only good common sense.

Carry on, then.

Rogue Jedi
No.

Though also not if a group of Taliban kills a dozen German soldiers. actually, I feel for anyone they would kill.

Bardock42
actually, I feel for anyone they would kill. And you would feel for them if they were killed?

Rogue Jedi
And you would feel for them if they were killed? nope.

Schecter
everything i could have possibly said in response to this woman's specific "points" (hateful brain excrement) have already been said. every "point" squashed for the fallacious horseshit that it is.

but i have personally resigned from this practice as of late. why? laziness? maybe. hopelessness? more likely.

the fact is that people read this crap knowing full well that it is racist, full well that they are attempting to justify hatred and murder of anyone who follows a religion, full well that they are bloodthirsty hateful empowerers of those who feel that murdering 1000 innocents to capture 1 terrorist is sound and logical. they have heard the facts, they have been appealed with the simplest and soundest of logic, and they dont wanna hear it.

this is the failure of humanity. this is proof that success of a society means jack shit in terms of compassion, diplomacy...a general will to heal and rectify a terrible situation, and to avoid more suffering and killing of innocents. in fact this isnt even on their list of priority, when it should be #1.

success and power of societies seems to breed scum. aware of their own evil and damn proud of it. having the least reason above the population of the world to hate, but filled with it to the point where they only see red.

i wish it was just a few assholes on the internet, so rational folks could feel comforted and even indifferent, but many of these people are friends, members of our families, people we generally care for and wish no harm upon. people who live their lifes in comfort, convenience...relative contentment...BLISS in relation to some...and have generally no reason to fear walking out their front door in the morning. yet they choose to feel justified in hating others on the very level of a terrorist: the mentallity that all who live under the same rule deserve the same horrible fate.

dont call them hypocrites, because its useless to do so. they will howl and beat their chests and inform you that they have more of a right to their 'opinion' than you have of expressing simple logic. '2+2=4' must step aside for "2+2=498375979...BECAUSE I ****ING SAID SO, LIBERAL PUSSY!!1"

Bardock42
nope. Why?

Rogue Jedi
Why? because they go around cutting peoples heads off with machetes. our troops DO NOT do that.

Bardock42
because they go around cutting peoples heads off with machetes. our troops DO NOT do that. Your troops kill more efficently, granted.

chillmeistergen
because they go around cutting peoples heads off with machetes. our troops DO NOT do that.

No that's right, your troops just kill our troops, with guns. But the none the less.

Rogue Jedi
Your troops kill more efficently, granted. killing a taliban who has a rifle and is trying to kill you........

taking an innocent reporter hostage, and SAWING his head off with a dull machete as he screams through the severed windpipe...

which would you rather have done to you?

Victor Von Doom
How can you have the first done to you?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
How can you have the first done to you? it's two different ways of killing, one more severe than the other.

chillmeistergen
Killing someone else, isn't something that's done to you.

lord xyz
The French...hahaha. Not the first country that comes to mind when thinking of that. *nods acceptantly*

ADarksideJedi

This is how it read:

1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Nope never got an email like that.bit strange but I am not sure if I argee or disargee with it or not.jm confused

Rogue Jedi
Killing someone else, isn't something that's done to you. exactly, but you said a life is a life.

FeceMan
everything i could have possibly said in response to this woman's specific "points" (hateful brain excrement) have already been said. every "point" squashed for the fallacious horseshit that it is.

the fact is that people read this crap knowing full well that it is racist, full well that they are attempting to justify hatred and murder of anyone who follows a religion, full well that they are bloodthirsty hateful empowerers of those who feel that murdering 1000 innocents to capture 1 terrorist is sound and logical. they have heard the facts, they have been appealed with the simplest and soundest of logic, and they dont wanna hear it.
What you have just said is horseshit. I am extremely skeptical of the idea that the woman who wrote this wants all Muslims dead, but you quick throw out the "hatred" and "murder" card to validate your point. That would be incorrect. Clearly--although this is obvious, I say it since, from the responses in this thread, it would seem that it is not quite obvious--the woman is referring not to all of Islam but of radical Islam. Furthermore, a number of points she makes are valid (albeit not tactful). I'll give my own assessment of the e-mail (I don't care if you read it or not).

Well, no, she shouldn't. Being the President requires diplomacy and tact rather than knee-jerk reactions.

She's from Jersey. Wonderful. And, yes, we are fighting a war on terror.

Indeed, September 11, 2001 was the act that spurred the war in Iraq into action, and those who committed the attack were Islamic.

They were indeed murdered.

Indeed they died horribly.

According to some people, yes, one is supposed to care about this.

Grand.

She makes the point that we're expected to treat the Qu'ran like it's holy and sacred whereas the Muslim radicals--notice the use of the word "fanatics" to designate them, much like when President Bush described them similarly (oh, but that was hateful, too)--don't give a rat's ass. She asks, "Why should we care that someone flushed it down the toilet?" My response is, "I don't know."

Was Nick Berg decapitated? Indeed he was.

I assume that the woman is referring to our inability to touch mosques due to the international backlash caused by such an action. By staying in their mosques, they are refuse to die honorably.

Do suicide bombers kill children when they detonate themselves? Indeed. Are they in search of nirvana? As Strangelove points out, she's probably confusing Buddhism and Islam, although a definition of nirvana says that it is, "a place or state characterized by freedom from or oblivion to pain, worry, and the external world."

My money's still on mixing them up, though. (Cue the "ignance intolerance" spam.)

I'm not sure exactly to what the woman is referring.

Were the incidents claimed to be torture blown out-of-proportion? In some cases, yes.

The woman would not be expected to care if it were a cop-killer who was being captured but could have killed more policemen.

A rough translation: "QQ moar, nub."

Grammar and spelling are of high importance, next to cleanliness. Shame on you.

I'm not sure I would describe it as "ridiculous," and I certainly don't think that those responsible will care.

Again, we have the adjective "radical" to differentiate between peaceful and militant Muslims.

Yay, Ronald Reagan. Not terribly important to this letter, though.

Damn Mexicans sneaking across the border.

True enough.

It's less dying for "you" in a personal sense than a global sense, but, yes, I suppose that is correct. I do, however, raise an eyebrow at the idea of "defining forces" (what does that mean?) and the word "only." Absolutes often don't apply in the real world.

I'll rewrite that for you:

Strangelove
Is she confusing Islam with Buddhism?

FeceMan
Probably.

Strangelove

(not to the point of mistreatment, mind you.. but what's wrong with preferring your own country? The French do it all the time.) stick out tongue There are two kinds of nationalism, dude.

The good kind: I love my country, I'm proud to be an American, etc. The kind you mention.

And the bad kind: American lives are worth more than other peoples' lives for the simple fact that they are American lives. The lowest American is better than the highest foreigner, etc. The kind that your housewife from Jersey espouses.

Devil King
Probably.

Probably NOT. And I'm willing to bet he knows that.

What you have just said is horseshit.

of the idea that the woman who wrote this wants all Muslims dead, but you quick throw out the "hatred" and "murder" card

PVS wasn't the one who threw out those terms, the "woman" in question was. Do you honestly think that such terminology wasn't implied?!? That's the head in the sand bullshit people have been addressing in this thread. Way to prove a point!

Well, no, she shouldn't. Being the President requires diplomacy and tact rather than knee-jerk reactions.

Did someone tell GW that, before he decided to use it as a political device? If this "woman" were running on the red side of things, you'd tell us she was the answer to Hillary Clinton!

She's from Jersey. Wonderful. And, yes, we are fighting a war on terror.

Yeah! Because Jersey isn't part of the United States of America! It's one of those liberal blue states that only care about black presidents and women voters and the NAACP, right? **** their opinion.

Whoops, she speaks for too many people on the donner list to say that!?

Indeed, September 11, 2001 was the act that spurred the war in Iraq into action, and those who committed the attack were Islamic.

Yeah, and I've been told that eating Mexican food will give me the shits. Doesn't mean I blame all of Mexico when it happens.

They were indeed murdered.

For what, though? Does them being murdered mean we should just accept what we're told?

Indeed they died horribly.

No arguments here. But, like too many American troops, did they die in vein? Or should we just assume that half the country (given the opposing perspective of teh two parties) be considered terrorists? Should we blame the democrats for 9/11?

According to some people, yes, one is supposed to care about this.

Should we give a shit when a muslim wipes his ass with the bible? Or should we consider such horeseshit propoganda? Does a muslim wiping his ass with the bible, or an illegal immigrant rolling a joint with a page from the bible, a reason for you to doubt your long-standing, deeply held beliefs? Where is the confidence that is supposed to be inspired by your faith? Get over it. It's just more material shit that your religion preaches to us about not considering!

Grand.

Yeah, it would be grand if Bin Laden converted. But, seriously, how much "forgiveness" are you really willing to display were he to do so? Where are your Christian principles then? Where is the republican party then?

She makes the point that we're expected to treat the Qu'ran like it's holy and sacred whereas the Muslim radicals--notice the use of the word "fanatics" to designate them, much like when President Bush described them similarly (oh, but that was hateful, too)--don't give a rat's ass. She asks, "Why should we care that someone flushed it down the toilet?" My response is, "I don't know

How can you expect anyone else to consier your beliefs, when its clear you couldn't give a shit about anyone eles?

I assume that the woman is referring to our inability to touch mosques due to the international backlash caused by such an action. By staying in their mosques, they are refuse to die honorably.

What? Are you serious?

Do suicide bombers kill children when they detonate themselves? Indeed. Are they in search of nirvana? As Strangelove points out, she's probably confusing Buddhism and Islam, although a definition of nirvana says that it is, "a place or state characterized by freedom from or oblivion to pain, worry, and the external world."

If nirvana meant the same as heaven, your point might have some validity. I honestly don't get why the absurdity of one religious view can't be applied equally to your own. That's not justification of their beliefs, it's damnation of both your perspectives!

I'm not sure exactly to what the woman is referring.

Neither am I

Were the incidents claimed to be torture blown out-of-proportion? In some cases, yes.

No. The question is, were they blown out of proportion because it wasn't Americans making the claim.

The woman would not be expected to care if it were a cop-killer who was being captured but could have killed more policemen.

When was the last time you saw a wounded "terrorist" shot in the head? That's just absurd.*

A rough translation: "QQ moar, nub."

Lapti Nek

Grammar and spelling are of high importance, next to cleanliness. Shame on you.

That was good, if not diversionary.

I'm not sure I would describe it as "ridiculous," and I certainly don't think that those responsible will care.

It IS ridiculous. The stronger point would be, "do those NOT responsible care? Do they understand, much less give two shits about the principles they profess to uphold?

Again, we have the adjective "radical" to differentiate between peaceful and militant Muslims.

Yes. But, out of context, considering your usage.

Yay, Ronald Reagan. Not terribly important to this letter, though.

Why is it not? It's what far to many uphold as the guiding principle behind their opinion of the situation. Don't blame the suicide victim for drinking the kool-aid. Blame the Kool-aid!

Damn Mexicans sneaking across the border.

Damn every-one-else who isn't?

True enough.

Please, point out the verse where he admitted to as much. Also, "true enough? How true? True in ways that demonstrates the absolute irrelevance of any other religioious perspective on the situation?

It's less dying for "you" in a personal sense than a global sense, but, yes, I suppose that is correct. I do, however, raise an eyebrow at the idea of "defining forces" (what does that mean?) and the word "only." Absolutes often don't apply in the real world.

If it isn't personal, then why the hero worship?

I'll rewrite that for you:

Is that what you want? More of the same? Anyone can replace words with contrary opinions. But when it comes down to it, what do you really expect? Way to be totally unoriginal.

Strangelove
Probably NOT. And I'm willing to bet he knows that. By 'he', do you mean me?

I'm not definitely saying that she was confusing Islam with Buddhism, but for me, it would reinforce the impression I get of "her" as an ignorant ****tard.

Devil King
Originally posted by Strangelove
By 'he', do you mean me?

I'm not definitely saying that she was confusing Islam with Buddhism, but for me, it would reinforce the impression I get of "her" as an ignorant ****tard.

Yes, by "he" I meant you. But by "her", I assumed you knew that true Buddhists would do no such thing.

P.S. I just made a Beatles compilation disc off esnips that has the same graphic as your avatar and sig.

Strangelove
Yes, by "he" I meant you. But by "her", I assumed you knew that true Buddhists would do no such thing. Yes, I did know that a true Buddhist would never do such a thing. But does this "Jersey housewife"? It appears not.

And that was my point.

And the LOVE album rules.

Devil King
Originally posted by Strangelove
this "Jersey housewife"? It appears not.

Indeed. Exactly my point, also. But, I'm not the one putting words in your mouth.

Strangelove
Indeed. Exactly my point, also. But, I'm not the one putting words in your mouth. I seem to have missed your initial point entirely. confused

FeceMan
Probably NOT. And I'm willing to bet he knows that.
*Shrugs.*

Perhaps.

The difference between the woman and PVS is that the woman was using the terms correctly. When someone wants to kill you just because you're an American, that's hatred. The woman wants these people dead to protect people

Were she the direct opposition to Hillary Clinton, yes, I would probably say that.

Actually, I was more saying that it didn't much matter. But, if she were from the South, you could spam that she was an inbred hick redneck even more.

Are you drunk or something? You sound like JM.

Give me a call when Mexican food spontaneously develops a will and the ability to act on that will.

No.

Why don't you tell me--were the Democrats behind 9/11?

This reinforces my belief that you are quite drunk, or, at the very least, not sober in the least. I, of course, don't give a damn if someone wipes his or her ass with a page from the Bible. However, some people--as I said--believe that one should.

Forgiveness does not preclude the administration of justice. A man can be forgiven and killed.

I might consider someone else's beliefs if he or she didn't have the idea that flushing a Qu'ran down the toilet is some kind of jihad-able offense.

That's the closest approximation I have. My mental faculties are not yet ready to attempt psychometry and/or telepathy. I need coffee first.

Are you on ****ing crack or something? That doesn't even make any sense regarding what I wrote.

Whoa, a book flushed down the toilet and blackmail pics.

I've never seen it, ever. I suppose we ought to start videotaping the people we kill and putting the clips up on YouTube.

Using the word "ridiculous" gives suicide bombers' acts almost a comical light, at least from my perspective. I'm not sure the point of your question.

Not really.

Did you just describe a suicide bomber as a "suicide victim"? Also, what's the Kool-Aid in this situation?

We're back to making no sense, I see.

I'm pretty sure that's entirely irrelevant to this discussion.

What "hero worship"?

To lecture someone on rhetoric is of little use; to give him rhetoric with his own words shows, rather than tells.

As for my originality: I feel that you've posted enough "originality" for the both of us with your half-sensed ranting that was probably induced by fury that I somehow incited with my posting.

botankus
War or no war, what's with this debating tactic that says we have to take five minutes out of every day to care about every little wrongdoing in the world? What about Mesquita Bonita from Toronto who fell down a flight of stairs today?

If there are 1,440 minutes in a day, and I take five minutes to bawl my eyes out for each wrongdoing in the world, then there are only 288 things I can care about in a day. Assuming I get no sleep, that is. What if there are more than 288 unfortunate occurrances that happen in the world that day? Can I bawl for two people at once? Am I allowed to include myself and my family and friends in my care-a-thon? Does anyone care about this girl in my sig getting licked by a freakin' horse? Tell me, so I can understand, how many minutes per day I need to spend caring about every little thing (including dead butterflies hit by windshields, prostitutes choking on man-meat, victims of unsuccessful surgeries, etc...) in order to clear me from the a$$hole rank? 3.7? 2.8? 1.43234233? What's the answer?

SpearofDestiny

Does everyone who posted really not agree with any part of it (I personally don't care about enemy deaths, go ahead; call me heartless), or are you guys just saying so because its cool to disagree with sithsaber, and everybody goes out of their way to do so?

Quiero, she claims Christian lives are worth more than Muslim lives in her posts. How can you not see how hateful that woman is ?

FeceMan
Where does she say that?

SpearofDestiny
Where does she say that?

She suggests that when she says she doesn't care about the Quran, but that Muslims should care about the Bible.

She complains about the deaths of Americans during 9/11, but says she couldn't care less about another middle eastern death.

FeceMan
Wow.

You guys are such tools.

I honestly cannot believe that you people are so blind that you can't even understand what the woman is trying to say. You throw out all these motives and assumptions based on your preconceptions, but they aren't even accurate, as is shown with but a little exegesis and common sense.

I honestly cannot believe that anyone could have such poor reading comprehension. It's ridiculous.

THE WOMAN ISN'T SAYING THAT SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE QU'RAN AND THAT MUSLIMS SHOULD CARE ABOUT THE BIBLE--SHE'S SAYING THAT WE SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTED TO CARE ABOUT THE QU'RAN WHEN MUSLIMS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE BIBLE.

Bardock42

THE WOMAN ISN'T SAYING THAT SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE QU'RAN AND THAT MUSLIMS SHOULD CARE ABOUT THE BIBLE--SHE'S SAYING THAT WE SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTED TO CARE ABOUT THE QU'RAN WHEN MUSLIMS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE BIBLE.

Which, to be fair, is still a stupid point.

Devil King
Wow.

You guys are such tools.

Drunken tools, Fece.

The fact of the matter seems to be that you resort to name calling because people are taking offense at how ignorant this woman's thinking really is. And what's more, you seem to think we don't get it, simply because you agree with her and we don't.

"She" has demonstrated, repeatedly in her rant, that she doesn't give a shit about anyone of other nationalities or religions, and you're defending her. Defending her right to her opinion is one thing, but you're defending her opinion.

chithappens

This is how it read:

1 Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Who could possibly believe this nonsense?

What happened to Abu Grave?

Edit: Abu Grave

*Wiki sources actually being useful...interesting.

SpearofDestiny
Wow.

What ?

You guys are such tools.

lol..real mature, you grow more each day roll eyes (sarcastic)

I honestly cannot believe that you people are so blind that you can't even understand what the woman is trying to say. You throw out all these motives and assumptions based on your preconceptions, but they aren't even accurate, as is shown with but a little exegesis and common sense.

She's a very angry woman with misguided perspective. Her anger is speaking for her.

I honestly cannot believe that anyone could have such poor reading comprehension. It's ridiculous.

What she is saying is pretty clear, and she's quite the idiot. She's very ignorant as well.

She specifically said she couldn't care less about the "Quran or Koran". She even said she couldn't care less if an American soldier stepped on the Quran.

On top of that, she even stated she couldn't care less how many Muslims die in this war, or how many Muslim prisoners are beaten or humilated by American soldiers.

How blind can you be ?

botankus
The fact of the matter seems to be that you resort to name calling because

The Cap't makes an excellent point about name-calling that I wish more people utilized.

Here's the best advice I know, and it comes from a Cleveland Browns message board in the appropriately-named forum "Smack Shack." I'm assuming that "ghosts" mean "socks."

They say:

FeceMan
Which, to be fair, is still a stupid point.
I think it's a valid, albeit trivial, point.
Drunken tools, Fece.

The fact of the matter seems to be that you resort to name calling because people are taking offense at how ignorant this woman's thinking really is. And what's more, you seem to think we don't get it, simply because you agree with her and we don't.
I resort to name-calling when frustration > my ability to tolerate frustration of stupidity.

Um, no. You're extrapolating that, because she doesn't care about those Muslim extremists, she must not care about other nationalities or religions. While her writing is ranty, poorly-edited, and, overall, retarded, she makes some valid points.

lol..real mature, you grow more each day roll eyes (sarcastic)
ONLY WHEN I'M INSIDE OF YOU LOLOLOLOL

It's probably a frustration-rant that she doesn't actually mean. I recently wrote up a piece where I told a girl that I hoped that she got breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy. I, of course, did not send it out in e-mail, but it felt good (and tiring) to get it out of my system.

Way to back that up. I went point-by-point and validated the things she said.

So what? Why should she? Should you care about the Bible? Should you care if some lunatic blows himself up and takes my holy book with him?

(No, you shouldn't.)

Where?

What she said was that getting in a nude pile with other men was meaningless in comparison to the slaughter of Americans like Nick Berg.

SpearofDestiny
ONLY WHEN I'M INSIDE OF YOU LOLOLOLOL

droolio

It's probably a frustration-rant that she doesn't actually mean. I recently wrote up a piece where I told a girl that I hoped that she got breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy. I, of course, did not send it out in e-mail, but it felt good (and tiring) to get it out of my system.

Anger. That's what I was saying, her anger is speaking for her.

Way to back that up. I went point-by-point and validated the things she said.

Validate ? You did no such thing, there's nothing to validate. Her rant was pure anger and bias.

So what? Why should she? Should you care about the Bible? Should you care if some lunatic blows himself up and takes my holy book with him?

(No, you shouldn't.)

If someone blows themselves up, that's always a tragedy no matter what happens. Will I cry a river ? No. But I won't take pleasure in that, or be indifferent about it. It's a horrible thing.

I personally don't care what happens to someone's Bible or Quran, but the way she portrayed this was hateful. She repeatedly attacked the Quran and Islam in general, and she made it pretty clear she couldn't care less about thier deaths or suffering.

Where?

You're not blind. Read what she wrote. Everyone can see it, you're the only person claiming ignorance to it here.

What she said was that getting in a nude pile with other men was meaningless in comparison to the slaughter of Americans like Nick Berg.

She also said she couldn't care less if an American soldier "ruffs up" a Middle Easterner for information. American Soldiers torture and beat Middle Easterners for information, that's how we get it. She must not be aware.

Secondly, some of those nude men were also attacked by dogs. American soldier's dogs. She must not be aware of that either.

FeceMan
Validate ? You did no such thing, there's nothing to validate. Her rant was pure anger and bias.
Read harder. I'm quite certain that I did.

Missing the point.

Ding-ding-ding, a winnar is you! That's right, you shouldn't have to care--and she shouldn't have to care about the Qu'ran. That was her, you know, point.

Point it out to me. All I've seen is a bunch of parrots squawking about "hatefulness."

"Roughing up" is not equivalent to torture. I advocate the use of sodium pentothal in interrogations, but I'm fairly certain that the use of such a drug is considered torture.

Bardock42
I think it's a valid, albeit trivial, point.

Not really, it's kinda like asking why you shouldn't behead random Muslims visiting your country. The answer is obvious. The question stupid.

Schecter
What you have just said is horseshit. I am extremely skeptical of the idea that the woman who wrote this wants all Muslims dead, but you quick throw out the "hatred" and "murder" card to validate your point. That would be incorrect. Clearly--although this is obvious, I say it since, from the responses in this thread, it would seem that it is not quite obvious--the woman is referring not to all of Islam but of radical Islam. Furthermore, a number of points she makes are valid (albeit not tactful). I'll give my own assessment of the e-mail (I don't care if you read it or not).

- i never said that she wants all muslims dead. just that she apparently feels that muslem lives are cheep, whereas ours are sacred. dont put words in my mouth.

-"hatred" and "murder" card? no, no card is involved. when iraqis see death on the scale of 9/11 daily, and nobody gives a shit, jimmy cracked corn and the cvnt dont care, thats hatred. should i replace 'murder' with 'homocide'?

-no, she is referring to all islam. she is all for the desecration of a religion. as i brought up in another thread, do you think christians in the u.s. would be content of extremist baptists were punished by being forced to eat a communion host dipped in shit, and have a crucifix shoved up their ass, and wipe it with pages from the new testament? the religion is being insulted and desecrated, not just extremists. but...jimmy cracked corn. (and please, spare the 'lol i wouldnt care' response. im asking about public acceptance)

-what valid points? she treats 'muslims' and 'terrorists' as interchangable terms in her "they started it" rant. she justifies racism and desecration because a sect of that religion is batshit...oh, and she doesnt care. brilliant. the entire email is a house of cards, completely fallacious and riddled with ulterior prejudice.

please, as a courtesy, dont respond unless you wish to address the points instead of cherry picking.

SpearofDestiny
- i never said that she wants all muslims dead. just that she apparently feels that muslem lives are cheep, whereas ours are sacred. dont put words in my mouth.

-"hatred" and "murder" card? no, no card is involved. when iraqis see death on the scale of 9/11 daily, and nobody gives a shit, jimmy cracked corn and the cvnt dont care, thats hatred. should i replace 'murder' with 'homocide'?

-no, she is referring to all islam. she is all for the desecration of a religion. as i brought up in another thread, do you think christians in the u.s. would be content of extremist baptists were punished by being forced to eat a communion host dipped in shit, and have a crucifix shoved up their ass, and wipe it with pages from the new testament? the religion is being insulted and desecrated, not just extremists. but...jimmy cracked corn. (and please, spare the 'lol i wouldnt care' response. im asking about public acceptance)

-what valid points? she treats 'muslims' and 'terrorists' as interchangable terms in her "they started it" rant. she justifies racism and desecration because a sect of that religion is batshit...oh, and she doesnt care. brilliant. the entire email is a house of cards, completely fallacious and riddled with ulterior prejudice.

please, as a courtesy, dont respond unless you wish to address the points instead of cherry picking.

Exactly thumb up

Feceman, can you for a second, just put aside your Christian-favoring biases, and see the woman for the hateful person she truly is ? Or atleast see her rant for what it is... nothing more than blind angry-hatred ?

botankus
Secondly, some of those nude men were also attacked by dogs.

Michael Vick would have sh*t himself after learning of those kind of odds.

SpearofDestiny
Michael Vick would have sh*t himself after learning of those kind of odds.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

FeceMan
Not really, it's kinda like asking why you shouldn't behead random Muslims visiting your country. The answer is obvious. The question stupid.
What if your country expected you to behead Muslim tourists?

She doesn't say she doesn't care about the deaths suffered by Iraqis. She says that she doesn't care about:

--"Roughing up" insurgents.
--Nude dog piles.
--Death of a terrorist as he is being apprehended.
--Complaints that the Qu'ran is being mishandled.

It seems to me that those at whom she is ranting are quite clear.

And, yes, I would care. I would be horribly offended, in fact (not that the Baptists are going to go out killing people). I never said that the woman was right, just saying that some of her points are valid.

She does not, as I've demonstrated above. She might actually want to destroy all of Islam, but that is not said in her rant. Her rant is obviously targeted at those Muslims who are "batshit insane."
Exactly thumb up

Feceman, can you for a second, just put aside your Christian-favoring biases, and see the woman for the hateful person she truly is ? Or atleast see her rant for what it is... nothing more than blind angry-hatred ?
This isn't about Christianity vs. Islam.

Bardock42
What if your country expected you to behead Muslim tourists?

Then some morals still would be against that. Even her precious bible seems kinda bend on not beheading folks.

FeceMan
...Which is why she's saying she doesn't care if she's supposed to behead Muslims. (Figuratively, of course.)

Bardock42
...Which is why she's saying she doesn't care if she's supposed to behead Muslims. (Figuratively, of course.) W-we kinda changed the topic there by accident, I think.

But she says she sees nothing wrong with disrespecting the Koran, since they disrespect the bible. That's just a very stupid thing to say.

FeceMan
Why is it dumb? She's saying we shouldn't be expected to treat the Qu'ran like it's some kind of sacred item.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>