Top five actors who should have be cast as The Joker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madacapa
I have nothing against Heath Ledger. I liked him in "A Knight's Tale". He is a good actor, but he is not a great actor. I think that the role of the Joker requires something more. I hope I am wrong. Maybe the producers/director see something in Heath that I don't.
HOWEVER, until Batman: the Dark Knight opens, here are the top five actors who should have been cast as the Joker:

5. Crispin Glover: I include him because he is a lunatic in real life. He lives his life as the Joker. It wouldn't really be acting for him, so I put him at five. I wish he would have had a chance to say the line, "HELLO MCFLY!" as the Joker.

4. Paul Bettany: He is a very good actor with a lot of potential. I liked him in the "DaVinci Code" and "A Beautiful Mind".

3. Nicolas Cage: He would have made an excellent Joker. His work in "Leaving Las Vegas" truly was a masterpiece, and it must have come from some hidden pain inside him. I think that it was a mistake not to have allowed him to play Superman.

2. Sean Penn: His Joker would have been very similar to Jack's Joker. Sean will go down as one of the greatest actors of the 20th century. The reason he is not #1 is that he is such an a$$hole in real life. In my opinion, he is just too angry about...everything. However, his performance as the Joker would have been Oscar material.

1. Johnny Depp: Yes, he is #1 for all the obvious reasons. He is a genius who makes acting look easy, and for him it probably is. His peformance as the Joker would have been legendary.

0. Tim Curry: why he is #0? I only put him in because he would have been an insanely good choice to play the Joker for the first Batman. Anyone who has watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show will understand. Today he is too old, but I often wonder...what if...

WrathfulDwarf
It's been done before....but what the heck? Let's play along...

I'd go with Mark Hamill.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

I'd go with Mark Hamill.

Hamil would have been a good choice. He was romured to be The Joker before Ledger came along.

Whisper
The Joker? Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam. Just watch the video for "Jeremy" to see a man who has the eyes of the completely insane.

Myth
Originally posted by Madacapa
I have nothing against Heath Ledger. I liked him in "A Knight's Tale". He is a good actor, but he is not a great actor. I think that the role of the Joker requires something more. I hope I am wrong. Maybe the producers/director see something in Heath that I don't.
HOWEVER, until Batman: the Dark Knight opens, here are the top five actors who should have been cast as the Joker:

5. Crispin Glover: I include him because he is a lunatic in real life. He lives his life as the Joker. It wouldn't really be acting for him, so I put him at five. I wish he would have had a chance to say the line, "HELLO MCFLY!" as the Joker.

4. Paul Bettany: He is a very good actor with a lot of potential. I liked him in the "DaVinci Code" and "A Beautiful Mind".

3. Nicolas Cage: He would have made an excellent Joker. His work in "Leaving Las Vegas" truly was a masterpiece, and it must have come from some hidden pain inside him. I think that it was a mistake not to have allowed him to play Superman.

2. Sean Penn: His Joker would have been very similar to Jack's Joker. Sean will go down as one of the greatest actors of the 20th century. The reason he is not #1 is that he is such an a$$hole in real life. In my opinion, he is just too angry about...everything. However, his performance as the Joker would have been Oscar material.

1. Johnny Depp: Yes, he is #1 for all the obvious reasons. He is a genius who makes acting look easy, and for him it probably is. His peformance as the Joker would have been legendary.

0. Tim Curry: why he is #0? I only put him in because he would have been an insanely good choice to play the Joker for the first Batman. Anyone who has watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show will understand. Today he is too old, but I often wonder...what if...

Yikes, I only like selections 4 and 5 (more 5).

Devil King
I absolutely DO NOT understand people thinking that Hamill could play The Joker! I just don't. Can someone PLEASE explain why they think he could?

sindahouse

I'd go with Mark Hamill.

Its been done more than death, but I second that. The reason I say that is for the obvious reason, he did the vocals of the joker in the anime. He'd struggle with the look a bit, but the vocals and actions would definately make up for it.... And make up can do miracles these days

Hamil would have been the bom. My guess is he must have been too old, too exepnsive, too hard to work with, or he probably just didn't wanna do it..

Ah well, I'm still giving Heath the benefit of the doubt. I think the kids a great actor... We need to be fair, and see what happens..

Actually, on the subject. I heard that Hamill played the role of the joker, in Birds of Prey, epsode 1... For those of use who saw it, did he look any good??

Madacapa
Originally posted by sindahouse
Its been done more than death, but I second that. The reason I say that is for the obvious reason, he did the vocals of the joker in the anime. He'd struggle with the look a bit, but the vocals and actions would definately make up for it.... And make up can do miracles these days

Hamil would have been the bom. My guess is he must have been too old, too exepnsive, too hard to work with, or he probably just didn't wanna do it..

Ah well, I'm still giving Heath the benefit of the doubt. I think the kids a great actor... We need to be fair, and see what happens..

Actually, on the subject. I heard that Hamill played the role of the joker, in Birds of Prey, epsode 1... For those of use who saw it, did he look any good??

Actually, no. He was the voice of the Joker in the first episode, and like everything he has done since Star Wars, it has royally sucked. By the way, Birds of Prey also sucked...except for that one really babe...

Mark couldn't even give him some kind of cameo in the 3 prequels to help out his failing career. He can't even get a lame reality show like Carrie did.

sindahouse
Actually, no. He was the voice of the Joker in the first episode, and like everything he has done since Star Wars, it has royally sucked. By the way, Birds of Prey also sucked...except for that one really babe...

Mark couldn't even give him some kind of cameo in the 3 prequels to help out his failing career. He can't even get a lame reality show like Carrie did.

Ouch... Man you don't like Hamill do ya?? I dont care what people say. Show business has a lot to do with luck, and the man is ulucky. He still sounds like the bst joker. You have to admit that.. And he can act. Unless u hated luke skywalker that is... So Hamill is good, just unlucky. I think most people remeber him and skywalker, and thats all.. Such a shame, but mate give the guy a break. You try get into show business and see how tough it is.

Darth Martin
Hamill for Joker.........voice yeah but phisical appearance no.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Hamill for Joker.........voice yeah but phisical appearance no. I don't see how his physical appearance would be any worse than Heath's is for the joker when he was young..

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I don't see how his physical appearance would be any worse than Heath's is for the joker when he was young..

Yeah, when he was younger... He's just too old now... The only way I'd accept it is if we had another actor playing the physical role, while Mark Hamil did the voice (ironically, like James Earl Jones did with Darth Vader)

I was a Crispin Glover supporter during the casting rumors stage, so it's obvious who I'd have wanted (Heath looks to know his stuff, though)...

Madacapa
Originally posted by sindahouse
Ouch... Man you don't like Hamill do ya?? I dont care what people say. Show business has a lot to do with luck, and the man is ulucky. He still sounds like the bst joker. You have to admit that.. And he can act. Unless u hated luke skywalker that is... So Hamill is good, just unlucky. I think most people remeber him and skywalker, and thats all.. Such a shame, but mate give the guy a break. You try get into show business and see how tough it is.

I do not like or dislike Mark Hamill. I would be lying if I said he was a good actor. If Hamil was a good actor, then Star Wars should have set up a great career for him, like Harrison Ford.

HOWEVER, it did not. Carrie Fisher had some success in her post Star Wars career, and she had some decent roles. Now she is on yet another reality show that I don't watch...and she has had a bad face lift.

Hamill is not a good actor. He is not even an average actor, because if he was he would have had some success (like Carrie). No, he really is a bad actor. In Star Wars, he wasn't acting. He was born to play Luke Skywalker; you could say it was his destiny. He was just playing himself, and for the three original Star Wars movies it worked.

When America started to see him in other roles, however, they realized that he couldn't act, and they stopped paying money to see him in movies.

In other words, he would suck as the Joker...

lordboo
there's only one person ever right to play the joker and he did.jack Nicholson

Mairuzu
Hugo Weaving

Scarecrow756
Here are my Top three Actors who I think should have been cast as The Joker.

John Simms: Now mostly unknown to most people around the world but we brits know him best for his great work in Doctor Who and Life On Mars. Now in Doctor Who Simms played The Master a great comedian who stole the show as a dark villain. Now in this he displays great Joker traits like in the scene when he uses gas to dispose of his party members.

Christan Bale: Now I know he is has been embraced by fans as the greatest actor to take up the cowl but I believe that Bale could easily play a twisted and dark Joker. Just watch him in American Psycho partially in the scene where he kills that man with the axe and the music on. In this scene he is totally crazy showing his dark side as well as creepy side.

Iain Lee: Now this guy is mostly unknown to the world he is just a humble radio presenter from England but with his height, laugh and the ability to look good in a purple suit I think he would make a great Joker but would need acting lessons before cast of course being fresh of radio and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSxOYzjJpxM (The Master Gas Scene)

http://www.karushi.com/karushi/_img/artists_iain_lee_full.jpg (Pic of Iain Lee)

Il.Mozalini
1. Heath Ledger
2. Heath Ledger
3. Heath Ledger
4. Heath Ledger
5. Heath Ledger

Worst actor who could have ever played Joker:
Jack Nicholson.

I'm sure I could think of someone if I REALLY tried, but I think Ledger will be perfect. THE END.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
1. Heath Ledger
2. Heath Ledger
3. Heath Ledger
4. Heath Ledger
5. Heath Ledger

Worst actor who could have ever played Joker:
Jack Nicholson.

I'm sure I could think of someone if I REALLY tried, but I think Ledger will be perfect. THE END.

Why all the Nicholson hate, my friend?

Anyway... Sean Penn (who, ironically, looks a lot like my choice for 89 Joker, Robert DeNiro) would have probably been a good Joker, imo... But Ledger will do great, I can tell...

Roulette

Glover does have the right look...long, pointy nose, thin frame, etc.

Cage? Really? shock He might have the acting skills, but he doesn't have the look. I just can't see a Joker in him at all.

exanda kane
He is a good actor, but he is not a great actor.

No, Ledger is a great actor. If you have just seen him in a Knights Tale, you really haven't seen him at all. Out of your suggestions, Paul Bettany would be the best choice. If you've only seen him in the films you cited, watch Gangster No.1.

PRAYERRUN
Honestly? If The Joker is going to be played by anybody, they should be somebody that can bring that insane,funnyman,horrific characteristic to him....if he hadn't already played The Riddler, I'd say Jim Carey. Maybe Robin Williams? Johnny Depp is deffinately a candidate though.

Mr Parker
yeah my first choice would have been crispen glover as well.they messed up not casting him.another good choice i think would be jay leno.he has the perfect chin and is a talented celebrity so i think he could pull it off.

Rafkins_Warning
I think Jake Busey would have made a good Joker... he has that weird ass smile and those huge teeth... and he's just really creepy.

Toku King
Johnny Depp
Robin Williams
Crispen Glover
Paul Bettany
Daniel Craig, maybe?

batdude123

I'd go with Mark Hamill.

Too old, and he doesn't have the look.

Excellent voice, though.

Originally posted by Toku King
Robin Williams

I can only imagine what that would be like. laughing out loud

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by batdude123

I can only imagine what that would be like. laughing out loud

Like Heath Ledger no doubt.

endrict
gotta think

BlackC@
Sorry, but I find pretty much all of the OP's cast to be very bad choices.

No, I don't want Sean Penn, I don't want the same as Nicholson's. I want some different.

Ledger's Joker looks like a very psychotic person.

xNIXSONx
i trust Ledger as the Joker, and Michael Caine stating he was breath taken by Ledger only reaffirms this

FistOfThe North
Johnny Depp

Jack Nicholson

Jim Carrey

Christopher Walken

Jay from Jay and Silent Bob

batdude123
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Johnny Depp

Jack Nicholson

Jim Carrey

Christopher Walken

Jay from Jay and Silent Bob

LOL @ Christopher Walken as the Joker.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by batdude123
LOL @ Christopher Walken as the Joker.

What? You think he'd be a horrible pick?

Darth Jello
I think brokeback mountain proved that heath ledger could play the joker simply because only a demented sadist would go into someone's ass with nothing but spit for lube.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.