Hot Rumor: Catwoman Returns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Catwoman-And-Joker-For-Batman-3-6253.html

So you guys think we'll see a black cat near the ending of The Dark Knight?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Catwoman-And-Joker-For-Batman-3-6253.html

So you guys think we'll see a black cat near the ending of The Dark Knight?

Hey, WD, we could. To see Nolan's version of Selina, I think will be a whole better than other versions.

Whisper
This would be coolio, if only to hear her name being mentioned. The last thing I want though is to have a cluttered movie. We already have Bats, Joker, Two Face and Scarecrow getting screentime.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Whisper
This would be coolio, if only to hear her name being mentioned. The last thing I want though is to have a cluttered movie. We already have Bats, Joker, Two Face and Scarecrow getting screentime.

I don't think that it will be. Two-Face won't show up until the very end and Scarecrow will probably be in for a few minutes.

Draco69
I doubt it.

Not when the craptacular Halle Berry Catwoman is still memorable....

Having another Catwoman would likely turn off a lot viewers who watched or heard of the last movie...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Draco69
I doubt it.

Not when the craptacular Halle Berry Catwoman is still memorable....

Having another Catwoman would likely turn off a lot viewers who watched or heard of the last movie...

Nolan will make us forget about Halle's version.

Devil King
Indeed he would. But I think it would be overkill. Leave her out of it. As I'm sure he and his brother have already done.

Besides, as Draco said, there's no need for Halle Berry's oscar-winning ego to ruin another "super hero" franchise.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, the only way this would collapse is if Nolan decides to turn Rachel into Catwoman....stick out tongue

Quinlan-Vos
Frankly, I don't think we've yet had a really great Catwoman (Pfeiffer was OK but... some cats walked over her dead body and she got 9 lives), the BTAS Catwoman was OK... but not on par with the interpretation of Joker or Riddler... and the 60s series Catwoman was fun, but, hey, that's about it!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Well, the only way this would collapse is if Nolan decides to turn Rachel into Catwoman....stick out tongue

God, I hope not. I like Catwoman, but I'm surprised that Robin has not yet been mentioned to make his first appearance in Nolan's version.

WrathfulDwarf
If Nolan keeps the Year One tone throught out the franchise. We might not get a Robin. Selina on the other hand might set up the romance relationship in the future. Well, that is if Rachel becomes a victim of the Joker killing spree.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
God, I hope not. I like Catwoman, but I'm surprised that Robin has not yet been mentioned to make his first appearance in Nolan's version.

As much of an anti-Robin stance there is nowadays, I'd LOVE to see justice for Robin on screen. If it was possible, I'd have a "Joker Card" esque moment at the end of #3, with Alfred giving Bruce an invitation that came for him, Bruce flips it over, and finds that it reads "Haley's Circus, feat. The Flying Graysons"... He'd appear in movie 4... (if there is one)

About characterization, he'd be twelve when his parents are murdered, and would be adopted by Bruce... He'd train and help out in the Batcave (deciphering riddles, observing evidence, etc.) until he's around 16-17, when he'd be a full time partner to Batman... Then at about 19 he'd leave and become Nightwing...

His costume could either be a Begins-like suit only in dark red and with a different mask, or something like the material from the Daredevil costume... Leathery, light, but still having good protection...

And as for Catwoman, I would LOVE to see her get justice again on film... As for actresses, what would the criteria be?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Bat Dude
As much of an anti-Robin stance there is nowadays, I'd LOVE to see justice for Robin on screen. If it was possible, I'd have a "Joker Card" esque moment at the end of #3, with Alfred giving Bruce an invitation that came for him, Bruce flips it over, and finds that it reads "Haley's Circus, feat. The Flying Graysons"... He'd appear in movie 4... (if there is one)

About characterization, he'd be twelve when his parents are murdered, and would be adopted by Bruce... He'd train and help out in the Batcave (deciphering riddles, observing evidence, etc.) until he's around 16-17, when he'd be a full time partner to Batman... Then at about 19 he'd leave and become Nightwing...

His costume could either be a Begins-like suit only in dark red and with a different mask, or something like the material from the Daredevil costume... Leathery, light, but still having good protection...

And as for Catwoman, I would LOVE to see her get justice again on film... As for actresses, what would the criteria be?

Interesting ideas. You know that once TDK is successful, they'll announce more movies.

tlbauerle
I think its more probable that we'd see Selina Kyle in THE DARK KNIGHT. I think setting the stage for villians with cameo appearances is the smart thing to do.

But what does this mean for Two Face in the third film. I do think Catwoman, Two Face, AND the Joker is way too much for the third film...unless they start stacking and packing the wackos at the Asylum.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I think its more probable that we'd see Selina Kyle in THE DARK KNIGHT. I think setting the stage for villians with cameo appearances is the smart thing to do.

But what does this mean for Two Face in the third film. I do think Catwoman, Two Face, AND the Joker is way too much for the third film...unless they start stacking and packing the wackos at the Asylum.

Thats true, but if The Joker is in for a short period of time then it will not be too much for the next film. Selina would be great. Bruce does need another love interest and of course when she becomes Catwoman all the better.

tlbauerle
Well, I certainly hope they don't do a nice neat tie up at the beginning of film three for the Joker....it would feel as out of place as the Sauroman sequence in RETURN OF THE KING.

Devil King
If Nolan keeps the Year One tone throught out the franchise. We might not get a Robin. Selina on the other hand might set up the romance relationship in the future. Well, that is if Rachel becomes a victim of the Joker killing spree.

I didn't think we would ever see Robin. Didn't Nolan say he wouldn't ever use the Penguin or Robin?

Also, I'd like to revise my earlier statement. I thought the article was talking about Catwoman in The Dark Knight. I always assumed she'd show up by the 3rd one though. So, if she's going to be in the third, I'm all for it.

hermione7
love this to happen
excited for the rumor!!

emir
Originally posted by Devil King
Didn't Nolan say he wouldn't ever use the Penguin or Robin?

I didn't know Nolan said that, but it's great. Robin is my least favorite character in the Batman universe. He would completely ruin the franchise.

tlbauerle
He never said anything about either, I thought. He said Robin wouldn't appear for several movies, if at all. But rumor has it the finale of THE DARK KNIGHT takes place at an amusement park where the Flying Graysons are performing....so...y'know...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by tlbauerle
He never said anything about either, I thought. He said Robin wouldn't appear for several movies, if at all. But rumor has it the finale of THE DARK KNIGHT takes place at an amusement park where the Flying Graysons are performing....so...y'know...

Where did you hear this rumor?

tlbauerle
Check out MF.com They have a pick of a tee shirt that was given out to extras that says 'S'Laughter is the best medicine.

SelinaAndBruce
I hope to God Nolan never does Catwoman. As I said before with his realism crap she'll prolly be running around with a live cat on her head

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I hope to God Nolan never does Catwoman. As I said before with his realism crap she'll prolly be running around with a live cat on her head

How would a live cat on her head be realistic?

I think if Nolan does Catwoman, she'd be almost just like she is in the comics...

SelinaAndBruce
How would a live cat on her head be realistic?

I think if Nolan does Catwoman, she'd be almost just like she is in the comics...
Which interpretation? The ex hooker or the jewel thief? In any event I don't want her revisited period.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Which interpretation? The ex hooker or the jewel thief? In any event I don't want her revisited period.

The modern interpretation...

And you still haven't answered my question...

SelinaAndBruce
The modern interpretation...

And you still haven't answered my question...
I'm just saying look what Nolan is doing to the Joker. No thanks on Catwoman. I'll pass. I don't think this Bruce would find her very sexy since he's got bland ass Rachel Dawes big grin

jdea
OK don't chew my head off, but it must be said...

If they're gonna do Catwoman they should make her complex like Phieffer's portayal of the Cat was, but with more depth so that the audience wold feel for

BTW I wouldn't mind if Halle played her again, it's not her fault how the Catwoman film came out, they did it to postpone Bats 2 make it better, which the did Catwoman was a filler

so I feel that they owe us a decent Catwoman, I mean that's the least they could do, to both the fans and Halle

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by jdea
OK don't chew my head off, but it must be said...

If they're gonna do Catwoman they should make her complex like Phieffer's portayal of the Cat was, but with more depth so that the audience wold feel for

BTW I wouldn't mind if Halle played her again, it's not her fault how the Catwoman film came out, they did it to postpone Bats 2 make it better, which the did Catwoman was a filler

so I feel that they owe us a decent Catwoman, I mean that's the least they could do, to both the fans and Halle
I know she wasn't accurate to the comic version a lot except in some of her mannerisms but I really liked the Returns interpretation of Catwoman. She was sexy, vulnerable strong insane and all of these things at once.

hermione7
^love you sig..
wish this rumor was true

SelinaAndBruce
I'm still bitter no consumation of the Returns Bats and Cats relationship. If Nolan doesn't **** it up I can deal.

hermione7
i miss them

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/Dsbaker/Scans/cw-705.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/Dsbaker/Scans/cw-70.jpg

jdea
Catwoman would be interested if they played her as a serious, but minor character, plus it would be cool if they played it as Bruce is attracted to Rachel, and Bats can't help but be attracted to Catwoman

Then have a finale where he has to choose who to save, and he chooses Rachel, and Catwoman survives, but could possiblly return for revenge if more films are made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.