Is witchcraft against the Bible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fatima
So , I know for sure that witchcraft is powerful,but is it against the bible?and can you be you a christian and still practice magic , combine between the two?

fini
heyyy its fatima

Robtard

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Fatima
So , I know for sure that witchcraft is powerful,but is it against the bible?and can you be you a christian and still practice magic , combine between the two?

Witchcraft is not powerful. It is a delusion.

Shin_Blax
The Bible says no, basically. Witchcraft= bad.

FeceMan
For starters, yes, witchcraft is against the Bible. Not only is it repeatedly warned against in the Old Testament--even apart from the Mosaic Law--but in the New Testament as well.

Acts 19:19 says:

Basically, the people of Ephesus bought many, many "spellbooks" that were used to guard them against evil spirits. When they were filled with the Spirit, they destroyed their dark possessions.

Secondly, a Christian can technically practice witchcraft and be a Christian. Is that person being a good Christian, however? No.

Devil King
I like how a book written thousands of miles away and thousands of years before the modern definition of witchcraft came about could have a perspective on the situation.

FeceMan
The methods haven't changed, only the terms. And the demons certainly haven't.

SpearofDestiny

It's against the Bible.

During the Salem Witch Trials, Inquisition, and even before woman who were accused of practicing witchcraft were tortured and burnt at the stake by fearful Christian authorities.

Today, many Christian politicans do not want to provide the same religious freedom and protection to Wiccans as they would other Christians, Buddhists, or even Muslims.

They do not consider Wicca a religion, eve though it is.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan

Demons don't exist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Demons don't exist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whether they exist or not is irrelevant. To those who beleive in them, they have a very real affect on their lives.

I've never seen or heard a demon my entire life, because I never truly beleived in them. Therefore, I never invited that into my life.

Those who beleive in them, will eventually see/hear/feel them, and reinforce thier beleif.

FeceMan
Demons don't need invitations, and I too have never felt, heard, smelled, seen, or otherwise sensed a demon.

SpearofDestiny
Demons don't need invitations, and I too have never felt, heard, smelled, seen, or otherwise sensed a demon.

Then why beleive in them ?

FeceMan
Ephesians 6:12

SpearofDestiny

So do you beleive in excorcisms ?

Shakyamunison

Then you should also believe that the Earth is flat, and with four corners. The bible is wrong about a lot of things.

Devil King

And what are these unchanging methods?

Demons? Really? That's your answer? "Demons"?

SpearofDestiny
Then you should also believe that the Earth is flat, and with four corners. The bible is wrong about a lot of things.

laughing

debbiejo
As with anything a person dwells on. If you believe in fairies, pixies and such, then they will manifest also. It's the belief of a person that does it. Just as miracles are also a belief.

FeceMan
That would be metaphorical language, my dear.
Originally posted by Devil King
And what are these unchanging methods?

Demons? Really? That's your answer? "Demons"?
Replace "familiar spirit" with "spirit guide," and you're halfway there.

Shakyamunison
That would be metaphorical language, my dear.

Replace "familiar spirit" with "spirit guide," and you're halfway there.

And so are demons then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
Uh...no. Paul's writing isn't poetic, and he certainly isn't using an expression.

SpearofDestiny
Uh...no. Paul's writing isn't poetic, and he certainly isn't using an expression.

Yeah, he's pretty straight forward. Isn't he the one who said Gays should be executed ?

FeceMan
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Yeah, he's pretty straight forward. Isn't he the one who said Gays should be executed ?
You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

Shakyamunison

And you do? laughing

SpearofDestiny

So St. Paul never condemned Homosexuality ?

The Bible doesn't say that it is detestable for a man to lay with another man as he would a woman? and that it's not punishable by death?.

FeceMan
And you do? laughing
Absolutely.
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
So St. Paul never condemned Homosexuality ?

The Bible doesn't say that it is detestable for a man to lay with another man as he would a woman? and that it's not punishable by death?.
Could you tell me the parts of the Mosaic Law that St. Paul wrote, Urizen?

Bardock42
Warlocks are the enemy of God.

Shakyamunison
Absolutely...

Pride comes before the fall.

FeceMan
uOIYsGVyg8M

Shakyamunison
^ I can't open YouTube files.

FeceMan
Lol, pwned.

Shakyamunison
Lol, pwned.

Because I can't open YouTube? roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm better off not looking at any of it.

Da Pittman
Because I can't open YouTube? roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm better off not looking at any of it. But you have the big blinking eye, you should see every thing stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da Pittman
But you have the big blinking eye, you should see every thing stick out tongue

Ya, but the boss has put down the big hammer on YouTube. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Fatima
Originally posted by fini
heyyy its fatima

Hello fini smile

Witchcraft is not powerful. It is a delusion.

Do you believe in Black magic or Genies ?

Shakyamunison
Hello fini smile

Do you believe in Black magic or Genies ?

No. I don't believe in the supernatural.

debbiejo
Well what we call supernatural could be classified as cause and effect.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well what we call supernatural could be classified as cause and effect.

No, not what I call supernatural. It would have to be beyond cause and effect.

leonheartmm
or maybe just beyond our ability to see physically based cause and affect from the perspective were looking at it from?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
or maybe just beyond our ability to see physically based cause and affect from the perspective were looking at it from?

Then it would not be supernatural.

leonheartmm
exactly what i mean. we think it is when it might just have very complicated cause-affect relationships. ofcourse once you start thinking of virtual particles superdimensional/simultaneous/holographic interactions of space/time/mass and even our conciousness etc. then it sorta comes to question if cause and affect can be the ONLY criteria for natural or whatnot.

its also our EXPECTATIONS of how traditional cause-affect wud work which labels a situationa as normal/abnormal. not counting chaos etc which can arise even in purely natural cause-affect systems.

debbiejo
It could work like: Karma = Cause and Effect = things not totally understood from our little pea on brains, though we may think we KNOW it all, we certainly do not, even though we can put lables on them. Like I said before the word Logos from the Greek means many more things than just "Word."

Shakyamunison
It could work like: Karma = Cause and Effect = things not totally understood from our little pea on brains, though we may think we KNOW it all, we certainly do not, even though we can put lables on them. Like I said before the word Logos from the Greek means many more things than just "Word."

confused Deb!

debbiejo
What? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Logos. Our NT Bibles are translated from the Greek, but that word Logos means more than the word "Word". As in the beginning was the Word and the Word became flesh.

I must of posted it in another thread.......lol

Shakyamunison
What? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't be so... Deb. stick out tongue

debbiejo
I fixed it... stick out tongue

Logos also mean Nature or Natural Effects.

Shakyamunison

That is not what I was talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness

Nah...magic and Bible are compatible. Don't see why not.

debbiejo
They did lots of magic in the Bible. Hallucinogens too, I think.. smokin'

Storm
Traditional Christianity has long had very negative views of witchcraft and witches, which hasn' t changed much in recent years.

debbiejo
What do they think miracles are? Just another word for unexplained phenomenon yet using a different name.

julibug
Then it would not be supernatural.

Modern witchcraft by definition is not supernatural - rather working with natural energies to assist in bringing about the desired effect.

julibug

Hmm. I like it.

By the way, I've heard someone refer to witchcraft/magick as basically science that hasn't been proven yet. Ya know, the church used to consider it a heresy to say the earth was round...now science & technology has shown us otherwise...maybe the same will happen eventually for magick/intention/prayer - it may all prove to be simply a natural thing after all (complete with a scientific explanation). Until then, I'll take what I can get from science (the cycles of the moon & nature do affect us humans & all other life on this planet - better to go with the flow than against it) big grin

debbiejo
Hmm, I think I like you. smile

lord xyz
Originally posted by Storm
Traditional Christianity has long had very negative views of witchcraft and witches, which hasn' t changed much in recent years. What they called witches were just Pagans really.

julibug
Hmm, I think I like you. smile Why thank you. happy I like you too. hug

Symmetric Chaos
God said it was bad in the OT.
Then Jesus (God) said that he had made a "new covenant". That covenant said nothing about witches, in fact it was all about peace and love and not judging people.

So basically Jews should kill witches and Christians should try to stop them.

debbiejo
Originally posted by julibug
Hmm. I like it.

By the way, I've heard someone refer to witchcraft/magick as basically science that hasn't been proven yet. Ya know, the church used to consider it a heresy to say the earth was round...now science & technology has shown us otherwise...maybe the same will happen eventually for magick/intention/prayer - it may all prove to be simply a natural thing after all (complete with a scientific explanation). Until then, I'll take what I can get from science (the cycles of the moon & nature do affect us humans & all other life on this planet - better to go with the flow than against it) big grin Well, what you said makes a LOT of sense! What some people call magic others call prayer. They are both wishing for outcomes. They are both using strong intentions. But I believe it is only one force or natural energy. This one force can act and react with intentions as shown in some quantum studies of sub particle relations of interactions and non location. Ripple and wave effects.

ushomefree

julibug
gotquestions.org? Is that part of CARM? So, "ushomefree", am I free to assume that you do base your beliefs on the bible?

Alliance
Actually, it appears through his cut and paste tactics, he obtains his beliefs from websites.

julibug
laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ushomefree

SpearofDestiny
I actually find Wiccan mythology to be beautiful.

The beleive in the God and Goddess, fundamental aspects in every living thing. They also believe that Earth is the mother, a living creature of her own caliber, and we (all human and animal life) are the children who live and depend on her.

debbiejo
Some of their beliefs are close to the Native Americans.

Zeal Ex Nihilo

julibug
Originally posted by julibug
gotquestions.org? Is that part of CARM? So, "ushomefree", am I free to assume that you do base your beliefs on the bible?

ushomefree?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.