Classic Juggernaut vs 8th Day Juggernaut...tug of war.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KMC_Drifter
Ok...this is just like the He-Man vs Juggernaut tug of war thread.

The TOAA provides an indestructable rope for the contest

The rope is 50 feet in length. Both behemoths have their end of the

rope tied around their waists. At the gunshot, both Juggernauts begin

walking in opposite directions. What happens when the 50 foot rope

runs out of slack? Which Juggernaut will stop first? Or will both stop?

Kutulu
The 8th day version of Juggernaut was classic Juggernaut with better ability to tap into the unlimited potential of Cytorrak.

So it's really a matter of who draws energy from Cytorrak's dark dimension faster, in which case I'd say 8th day.

Newjak
Originally posted by Kutulu
The 8th day version of Juggernaut was classic Juggernaut with better ability to tap into the unlimited potential of Cytorrak.

So it's really a matter of who draws energy from Cytorrak's dark dimension faster, in which case I'd say 8th day. Yeah pretty much.

Apparently the only difference between the two are mindsets. Classic Juggernaut just doesn't care while 8th Day had a really focused mind.

Galan007
8th Day Juggs was far more powewrful then his previous 'versions', according to Thor himself.

Estacado
Originally posted by Galan007
8th Day Juggs was far more powewrful then his previous 'versions', according to Thor himself.
The write of the arc said that he was the same Juggs he was only focusing his powers...... like when he needed to go to the God machine and he felt nothing should stop him on his way and that's when Thor stepped in....

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
The write of the arc said that he was the same Juggs he was only focusing his powers...... like when he needed to go to the God machine and he felt nothing should stop him on his way and that's when Thor stepped in.... But Thor himself said Juggy's power "doth swelled a hundred fold", since their previous encounter. ermm

Any way you look at it, 8th Day Juggs is one of the very few who have literally one-shotted Thor.

Newjak
But Thor himself said Juggy's power "doth swelled a hundred fold", since their previous encounter. ermm

Any way you look at it, 8th Day Juggs is one of the very few who have literally one-shotted Thor. It's because 8th Day was more focused and yes therefore more powerful than a normal Classic Juggs.

If Classic Juggs was in the right frame of mind he could be just as strong if not stronger than 8th day. It's just who wants it more.

Estacado
But Thor himself said Juggy's power "doth swelled a hundred fold", since their previous encounter. ermm

Any way you look at it, 8th Day Juggs is one of the very few who have literally one-shotted Thor.
Yes because Juggernaut's only aim was to get to the god machine and that nothing should stop him via he was focusing on one thing that's what made him more powerful.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
It's because 8th Day was more focused and yes therefore more powerful than a normal Classic Juggs. Pretty much what I'm saying. thumb up

Newjak
Pretty much what I'm saying. thumb up I understand but what we are saying is that Classic Juggs could easily reach the same level if he wanted to bad enough.

Estacado
Pretty much what I'm saying. thumb up
He became stronger because he wanted to get the God Machine (exemplar meeting point) and Thor tried to stop him while he was focusin on his main aim that's why he was more powerful....

Galan007
I understand but what we are saying is that Classic Juggs could easily reach the same level if he wanted to bad enough. But since he never has reached that power, I won't put him on the same level as 8th Day Juggs. smile

Galan007
He became stronger because he wanted to get the God Machine (exemplar meeting point) and Thor tried to stop him while he was focusin on his main aim that's why he was more powerful.... I know.

Why do you keep repeating that? confused

Estacado
I know.

Why do you keep repeating that? confused
Oops I thought that my 1st post didn't show up...haermm

Newjak
But since he never has, I won't put him on the same level as 8th Day Juggs. smile Except Classic Juggs has done things that not even 8th day has done because he wanted to bad enough. You know shrink Nightmare a being that was compeltely dominating Dr. Strange and threatening reality and fight him H2H.

He has walked on air because he didn't want to be stopped.

But in reality 8th Day Juggs is just a frame of mind for Cain anyways so 8th day and Classic are pretty much the same thing.

Galan007
Oops I thought that my 1st post didn't show up...haermm laughing out loud

I do that all the time. embarrasment

quanchi112
Oops I thought that my 1st post didn't show up...haermm laughing

Galan007
Except Classic Juggs has done things that not even 8th day has done because he wanted to bad enough. You know shrink Nightmare a being that was compeltely dominating Dr. Strange and threatening reality and fight him H2H.I do know that, . stick out tongue

He has walked on air because he didn't want to be stopped.Cool.

But of no consequence here.

But in reality 8th Day Juggs is just a frame of mind for Cain anyways so 8th day and Classic are pretty much the same thing. I'd classify them differently for sure.

They may be the same in theory, but one of them was just "more unstoppable" (oxymoron I know), then the other.... Just my opinion. smile

Newjak
I do know that, . stick out tongue

Cool.

But of no consequence here.

I'd classify them differently for sure.

They may be the same in theory, but one of them was just "more unstoppable" (oxymoron I know), then the other.... Just my opinion. smile Well good for you stick out tongue

Why would you classify them different. It's like saying Silver Surfer from Annhilation is different from all otehr Silver Surfers.

8th Day Juggs was Classic Juggs just was shown to be more focused on things than normal.

When he fought Thor it was getting to the God Machine

When he was fighting the Exemplars it was destroying the God Machine.

Galan007
8th Day Juggs was Classic Juggs just was shown to be more focused on things than normal. More focused = more powerful.

And 8th Day Juggs was "more powerful" for that reason.

Newjak
More focused = more powerful.

And 8th Day Juggs was "more powerful" for that reason. Yes but at the same time Classic Juggernaut can reach those levels as well.

So 8th day really isn't more powerful.

In fact 8th day and Classic are the same.

So basically all this thread starter did was basically say Focused Juggernaut vs Normal minded Juggernaut.

Which is like saying. I'm putting an enraged Hulk against a normal Hulk.

All that is going to happen is that 8th Day will be winning until Classic gets mad and focused than it becomes a stalemate.

Galan007
Yes but at the same time Classic Juggernaut can reach those levels as well.

So 8th day really isn't more powerful. Yes 8th Day is more powerful, because we've actually seen him reach the levels he has.

Classic Juggs may be able to do the same, but since he never has.... Well I'm sure you know where I am going with this.. stick out tongue

Newjak
Yes 8th Day is more powerful, because we've actually seen him reach the levels he has.

Classic Juggs may be able to do the same, but since he never has.... Well I'm sure you know where I am going with this.. stick out tongue I do and all I can say is that 8th Day was Classic Juggernaut reaching those levels so we do know Classic Juggs can reach those levels.. stick out tongue

Galan007
8th Day was Classic Juggernaut reaching those levels so we do know Classic Juggs can reach those levels.. stick out tongue So DOS DD would stalemate H/P DD, right?

Even though they are two different versions of a character, with different feats and powersets... By your line of thinking, they would battle to a standstill, because DOS DD is H/P DD.

I think I'm getting it. stick out tongue

Newjak
So DOS DD would stalemate H/P DD, right?

Even though they are two different versions of a character, with different feats and powersets... By your line of thinking, they would battle to a standstill, because DOS DD is H/P DD.

I think I'm getting it. stick out tongue Except H/P Doomsday is a more Evoloved Version of DD so it is a different version.

All 8th Day is Classic Juggs focused on doing something. All Classic Juggs needs to get to 8th Day level is be as focused as he was during teh 8th day saga stick out tongue

Galan007
Except H/P Doomsday is a more Evoloved Version of DD so it is a different version. I could say the ecact same thing about 8th Day Juggs.

Especially when Thor claimed his power to be a hundred times greater then it was before. erm

All Classic Juggs needs to get to 8th Day level is be as focused as he was during teh 8th day saga stick out tongue Because he does that all the time, ey?

Newjak
I could say the ecact same thing about 8th Day Juggs.

Especially when Thor claimed his power to be a hundred times greater then it was before. erm

Because he does that all the time, ey? How DD physically evolves into another Version. Juggernaut gets stronger the more he is focused.

And he wuld have been a 100 ties stronge rhe because he was focusing and using more of his power.

And ahs Cain gotten mad and or focused his power to do things that normally he doesn't. Just look at Nightmare since you've seen them stick out tongue

It's just like the Hulk. Hulk gets stronger with his rage but he is still the same old Hulk. World War Hulk is just Hulk very angry as has been stated many times. Would you try and say that normal Hulk couldn't reach WWH levels if he was angry enough?

Galan007
Would you try and say that normal Hulk couldn't reach WWH levels if he was angry enough? Not if he never had before. erm

Newjak
Not if he never had before. erm But that makes no sense seeing as it is a Normal Hulk reaching those levels erm

That the things is that 8th day Jugegrnaut is Classic reaching those levels in a particular story arc. Not a completley different character who just came along for that one Saga.

Galan007
But that makes no sense seeing as it is a Normal Hulk reaching those levels erm

That the things is that 8th day Jugegrnaut is Classic reaching those levels in a particular story arc. Not a completley different character who just came along for that one Saga. But Juggy's particular mind frame which gave him that much power, was ONLY used in THAT arc.

It's not like classic Juggs reaches those levels all the time. If that were true, then Hulk would have been NO problem for him. smile

KMC_Drifter
But, is strength really relevant in this matchup? Both Juggies are supposed to be unstoppable when going in one direction. The unstoppable nature comes from the magic of the Cytorrak ruby.

So, with that said....it was pointed out earlier that 8th day Juggs taps into that power more efficiently. If so, would Classic Juggs be stopped and towed by 8th day in this contest?

Newjak
But Juggy's particular mind frame which gave him that much power, was ONLY used in THAT arc.

It's not like classic Juggs reaches those levels all the time. If that were true, then Hulk would have been NO problem for him. smile So they are completley different people despite them having the same abilities and powers. Its just that cain was shown to actually be serious in a fight and all of a sudden Cain can not do that anytime? erm

Galan007
So they are completley different people despite them having the same abilities and powers. Its just that cain was shown to actually be serious in a fight and all of a sudden Cain can not do that anytime? erm I'm not saying Cain can't do it any time, just that he doesn't. .

This is why I personally wouldn't credit classic Juggs, with 8th Day Jugg's feats.

Classic Juggy was an absolute beast though. FAR more then just the 'brick' many people think he is.

Newjak
I'm not saying Cain can't do it any time, just that he doesn't. .

This is why I personally wouldn't credit classic Juggs, with 8th Day Jugg's feats.

Classic Juggy was an absolute beast though. FAR more then just the 'brick' many people think he is. Except every feat 8th day did was a feat for Classic Juggs as they are one and the same person.

The only difference is Cain was actually serious and focused. A frame of mind he could reach anytime.

Galan007
Except every feat 8th day did was a feat for Classic Juggs as they are one and the same person.

The only difference is Cain was actually serious and focused. A frame of mind he could reach anytime. Originally posted by Galan007

Newjak
Ok then explain to me why Cain Marko can not reach the same level focus he had in the 8th Day Saga?

Galan007
Ok then explain to me why Cain Marko can not reach the same level focus he had in the 8th Day Saga? As I said before,

I'm not saying Cain can't reach those levels, just saying that he doesn't do so...

If it was within his regular powerset to attain that power on a regular basis, he would have pwned the Hulk with ease, in their encounters since the 8th Day arc..

Newjak
As I said before,

I'm not saying Cain can't reach those levels, just saying that he doesn't do so...

If it was within his regular powerset to attain that power on a regular basis, he would have pwned the Hulk with ease, in their encounters since the 8th Day arc.. The only problem with your statement is he did reach those levels in the 8th Day Saga.

He did in fact one shot Thor

He did in fact reach that level of focus

You know it's that whole Cannon thing that goes on in comics. Juggernaut did get focused and did get serious and he attained that level of power. It wasn't like he got some kind of outside power-up. He just got more focused and once again was stronger.

And it was Normal Cain that reached those levels.

Dreamcatcher
It's the same character....

Galan007
The only problem with your statement is he did reach those levels in the 8th Day Saga.

He did in fact one shot Thor

He did in fact reach that level of focus

You know it's that whole Cannon thing that goes on in comics. Juggernaut did get focused and did get serious and he attained that level of power. It wasn't like he got some kind of outside power-up. He just got more focused and once again was stronger.

And it was Normal Cain that reached those levels. Again,

You act as though 'powering himself up' is something Juggy does on a regular basis.

The fact is..... He doesn't. (That was the ONLY time he's done so.)

To say Juggs could 'power up' outside the specific parameters of that ONE arc, is a sketchy argument to say the least.

Newjak
Again,

You act as though 'powering himself up' is something Juggy does on a regular basis.

The fact is..... He doesn't. (That was the ONLY time he's done so.)

To say Juggs could 'power up' outside the specific parameters of that ONE arc, is a sketchy argument to say the least. Well considering he was grappling with a being, Nightmare, that was destroying Dr. Strange I think you are wrong. Plus the fact he recently powered himself up to fight World War Hulk who is stronger than he normally is. So he has done it before and since.

Still I have to flat out say you are wrong with your logic. You are trying to say since he did it in the 8th day arc it was obviously a different amped up version of than Classic.

But where is the evidence to suggest such an absurd claim. The fact is that was CLASSIC Juggernaut being focused. Just because he did it in a certain arc doesn't change the fact he did it.

You can not separate them because they were not different characters or versions. You only wish to think that because Cain doesn't normally go around doing that.

Thor doesn't go around using all his powers and is usually a brawler but by your logic everytime he goes Warrior Madness it is a different Thor despite the fact it is just normal Thor reaching those levels of power.

Classic Juggernaut can reach 8th day level because it was Classic reaching those levels.

Unless we are going have to start saying that an Normal Savage Hulk can not use the feats or reach the same level that an Angry Savage Hulk can reach. You are trying to argue them different on mind frames. You can not do that because Classic Juggernaut can just as easily be in the frame of mind as 8th Day was.

Your whole argument has no foundation. Seeing as they are the same person.

Galan007
Well considering he was grappling with a being, Nightmare, that was destroying Dr. Strange I think you are wrong. Plus the fact he recently powered himself up to fight World War Hulk who is stronger than he normally is. So he has done it before and since.

Still I have to flat out say you are wrong with your logic. You are trying to say since he did it in the 8th day arc it was obviously a different amped up version of than Classic.

But where is the evidence to suggest such an absurd claim. The fact is that was CLASSIC Juggernaut being focused. Just because he did it in a certain arc doesn't change the fact he did it.

You can not separate them because they were not different characters or versions. You only wish to think that because Cain doesn't normally go around doing that.

Thor doesn't go around using all his powers and is usually a brawler but by your logic everytime he goes Warrior Madness it is a different Thor despite the fact it is just normal Thor reaching those levels of power.

Classic Juggernaut can reach 8th day level because it was Classic reaching those levels.

Unless we are going have to start saying that an Normal Savage Hulk can not use the feats or reach the same level that an Angry Savage Hulk can reach. You are trying to argue them different on mind frames. You can not do that because Classic Juggernaut can just as easily be in the frame of mind as 8th Day was.

Your whole argument has no foundation. Seeing as they are the same person. It's funny you say MY argument has no foundation, yet YOU are the one who is basically saying Juggs can reach 8th Day levels whenever he wants, despite never coming close to them since then. (And having been beaten since then as well).

Fact is,

Juggy simply does NOT reach that mind set outside SPECIFIC parameters.

Fact is,

It's NOT something he does on a whim.

But it's all good, I know he's one of your favs, so I would argue this any more. smile

Newjak
It's funny you say MY argument has no foundation, yet YOU are the one who is basically saying Juggs can reach 8th Day levels whenever he wants, despite never coming close to them since then. (And having been beaten since then as well).

Fact is,

Juggy simply does NOT reach that mind set outside SPECIFIC parameters.

Fact is,

It's NOT something he does on a whim.

But it's all good, I know he's one of your favs, so I would argue this any more. smile What reason is their to suggest he could not reach those levels seeing as he did. He doesn't do it everytime but then again that is CIS because his isn't a focused kind og uy.

Fact is

Juggy did reach a certain level of focus and he did get that strong

Fact is

Just because he doesn't normally do it because of CIS doesn't mean he can not reach that level of focus as Classic Juggernaut.

Fact is

Juggy is hardly serious in a fight fact is when Cain does get serious in a match he does become harder to beat and does showcase more power than when he is playing around.

He has demonstrated this a number of times throughout his history

Just because he doesn't typically reach 8th Day levels doesn't mean he can not.

Unless like Isaid you are saying Thor can not reach Warrior Madness Levels because like Juggy it is only a frame of mind.

Galan007
What reason is their to suggest he could not reach those levels seeing as he did. He doesn't do it everytime but then again that is CIS because his isn't a focused kind og uy.

Fact is

Juggy did reach a certain level of focus and he did get that strong

Fact is

Just because he doesn't normally do it because of CIS doesn't mean he can not reach that level of focus as Classic Juggernaut.

Fact is

Juggy is hardly serious in a fight fact is when Cain does get serious in a match he does become harder to beat and does showcase more power than when he is playing around.

He has demonstrated this a number of times throughout his history

Just because he doesn't typically reach 8th Day levels doesn't mean he can not.

Unless like Isaid you are saying Thor can not reach Warrior Madness Levels because like Juggy it is only a frame of mind. If you can show me Juggy reaching 8th Day power outside of the specific parameters in that arc... I will withdraw my argument.

Until then:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.