Spiderman One more Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
I am not sure if this has been posted but this arc is supposed to be the one that kills Aunt May (again) and separates Peter and Mary Jane. For years writers feel that Mary Jane has aged Peter as a character and hes not as relatable as he once was so they have been trying to separate them for a while but they refuse to kill Mary Jane or have them divorce. Are we looking at another predictable, "He can't be with her because his life is so dangerous but they end up back together again anyway" series of stories?

Evil_Ash
no expression

lando005
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I am not sure if this has been posted but this arc is supposed to be the one that kills Aunt May (again) and separates Peter and Mary Jane. For years writers feel that Mary Jane has aged Peter as a character and hes not as relatable as he once was so they have been trying to separate them for a while but they refuse to kill Mary Jane or have them divorce. Are we looking at another predictable, "He can't be with her because his life is so dangerous but they end up back together again anyway" series of stories? i've heard a lotta stuff including time travel to reverse his actions in civil war but that's not an option seeing as how that would reset the marvel u i dunno i dont se why pete didnt ask doc strange to heal her that would have saved him a lot of trouble, tony is being the predictable jerk refusing to help may when it would be all too easy for him i hope peter and mj stay together they've stripped him of everything else in his life

Morridini
Poor Peter, there's always something isn't it?

Even in the House of M perfect world of his everything went down the drains.

Arahan
crap sense is tingiling laughing out loud

poor spiderman what will they do to you

lando005
dc doesn't treat their top guy like this

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I am not sure if this has been posted but this arc is supposed to be the one that kills Aunt May (again) and separates Peter and Mary Jane. For years writers feel that Mary Jane has aged Peter as a character and hes not as relatable as he once was so they have been trying to separate them for a while but they refuse to kill Mary Jane or have them divorce. Are we looking at another predictable, "He can't be with her because his life is so dangerous but they end up back together again anyway" series of stories?

I honestly don't know what the writers are thinking. To Aunt May again or to have Parker as a single man. Does it truly matter matter whether or not Spiderman is married? Could the writers just be doing thid to gauge some sort of interest in seeing how Parker relates as a single man. Maybe they'll finally put together Parker and some other character that they'll introduce soon.

tjcoady
it's a lead up to the rebirth of Gwen Stacey.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by tjcoady
it's a lead up to the rebirth of Gwen Stacey.

HMMMM...Fascinating.

Entity
Originally posted by tjcoady
it's a lead up to the rebirth of Gwen Stacey. As much as I'd like to see that,,, Not like this!

Really I'd love to have him with her somehow but I can't seriously think of anystory that it could work with at this point.
Other than an alternate reality story.

I really wish Ben Reily had lived and he and Gwen's clone had basically hooked up and went to the other side of the country or something. I think it'd be awesome to see how Peter's life would have been under both circumstances and to have them even able to interact with each other and it not be just some tempory reality shift or something. Making it a long term part of the 616 marvel U.

Ohh and

LEAVE MARY JANE ALONE!!! mad

NiņoAraņa
i didn't read any of the before posts...but are there spoilers here?

tjcoady

NiņoAraņa
meh, well i guess we'll see how he's gonna face up to all those crimes he commited in ASM 543

i'm thinking he's going to register. erm

Symmetric Chaos
Question. They think the being married has aged him as a character but that killing off AuntMay won't?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Question. They think the being married has aged him as a character but that killing off AuntMay won't?

I'm personally guessing that this ends up with Mary Jane leaving and Aunt May living. the whole thing is being advertised as "the one person who he needs most leaves him" and it would be too obvious if it was the person on the death bed.

Darth Vicious

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
He'll probably save the day during the upcoming skrull war and he'll be pardoned. Either that or they'll use the skrull war to re-establish his secret identity by making the public believe that the one that commited the crimes and revealed to be Spidey was in fact a Skrull. GAH! durfist

damn Skrulls. and damn writers making Pete's life hell sad

Darth Vicious

NiņoAraņa
I really have no problem with Petes problems because thats what makes him interesting and who he is but they should leave MJ alone. Shes the one true thing that he has. If anything the old bag should go, she outlived her usefulness. meh, there's a point where the problems outlive the intrestingness. it's like they're just ****ing with him now.

but yeah, Aunt May needs to die. IMO. no expression

how the hell old is she? no expression

edit: any one read Sensational #40?

Shin_Blax
F*cked up.

lando005
I really have no problem with Petes problems because thats what makes him interesting and who he is but they should leave MJ alone. Shes the one true thing that he has. If anything the old bag should go, she outlived her usefulness. wow thats.... vicious

Badabing
Originally posted by lando005
wow thats.... vicious You're grounded from using puns for 1 week! durfist

At least Tony sent Jarvis with 2 million.

tjcoady
I really liked the last page too. when you read something like Iron Man: Demon in the Bottle or Daredevil: Born Again, something in you wants to just remind the characters that they know people like Doctor Strange, Namor, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers and that those people are there friends. it's not like they couldn't ask for help. There was that one storyline in Spiderman where Norman Osborn kidnapped Aunt May, and then attacked Peter with an entire army of supervillians. He looks like he's about to be slaughtered, when the FF, Daredevil, and about half the Avengers show up and just beat the SH*T out of Spidey's rouges gallery. it's moments like that which make you love the interrelatedness of comics. so I liked the last page, in which Peter reminds the kindly doctor that they live in different worlds. In Peter's worlds, fatal injuries don't have to mean the person is going to die. I mean, even though I don't particularly like the idea behind the arc, the first issue was pretty good. we got to see Tony's human side, we got to see Peter and MJ acting in character, and it's a realistic, interconnected look at the MU with GREAT art.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I have not read the issue yet, but someone can PM me and give me some spoilers.

lando005
Originally posted by Badabing
You're grounded from using puns for 1 week! durfist

At least Tony sent Jarvis with 2 million. aww but he started it!!

Morridini
I really don't mind May dying. She's very old and there have been times when she should have died already.

However I cannot see any way to make MJ go away.
I actually think loosing May would rather bring them closer.

Btw, if May dies, will Pete truly kill the Kingpin or not I wonder?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Morridini
I really don't mind May dying. She's very old and there have been times when she should have died already.

However I cannot see any way to make MJ go away.
I actually think loosing May would rather bring them closer.

Btw, if May dies, will Pete truly kill the Kingpin or not I wonder? if thie whole Skrull things happens, i do hope he kills Kingpin, and gets the blame shifted to the Skrulls yes

willRules
dc doesn't treat their top guy like this

......and DC isn't superior to Marvel in terms of sales stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
wow thats.... vicious

LOL, thats funny. If May lives past this event who's to say that 1, 5 or 10 years some new hotshot writer will do the same thing to sell a few comics. When May died in ASM #400(or was it #500) I thought it was very well done and it had meaning. There was no need to bring her back.

Darth Vicious

NiņoAraņa
I had Sensational 40 sitting on my pc and didnt bother reading it but if Sens.40 is accurate then May is the one that dies at the end of 1MD. Who was that guy in Sens.40 btw? i was actually gonna ask whoever read it the same question.

Who the **** is that? none180

lando005

NiņoAraņa
from what was implied he just may be TOAA/God

either that or that lesser spider god who saw fit to bring peter back from the dead i've NEVER seen him before tho...and i would think he was God too, but that was just so random.....

lando005

Darth Vicious
Was that guy part of "The Other" storyline?

NiņoAraņa
Was that guy part of "The Other" storyline? not that i know of..tho the way his faced was beat up he could have been Ezikeil? no i dea if i spelled that right..and i actually forgot what he looks like...

laughing at this point it's just random guesses....

lando005

Jimmy Buggs
Give pete the venom sybo again. Why not, right?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
Give pete the venom sybo again. Why not, right? no? no expression

Deathstroke
vague spoiler: Did anyone else think that Tony jobbed in this issue?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Did anyone else think that Tony jobbed in this issue? aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! vague spoiler!

stick out tongue

Deathstroke

Darth Vicious
vague spoiler: Did anyone else think that Tony jobbed in this issue?
Not really. I think he was just caught by surprise. While I dont like him I think if the fight had gone longer he would beat Peter.

NiņoAraņa
My bad. embarrasment

I added a vague spoiler tag. thanks laughing out loud

lando005
vague spoiler: Did anyone else think that Tony jobbed in this issue? nope max webbing > max uni beam shifty

Deathstroke
One of the things that bothered me was how Peter smashed the helmet in at the end. I know it's not a big deal but I'm fairly sure Iron Man has taken hits from people stronger than Spidey and his head wasn't crushed.

Darth Vicious
One of the things that bothered me was how Peter smashed the helmet in at the end. I know it's not a big deal but I'm fairly sure Iron Man has taken hits from people stronger than Spidey and his head wasn't crushed.

Not really. Is already known that Spidey holds back when fighting so he doesnt really hurt or kill anyone. With Tony he was desperate and not holding back.

Deathstroke
Not really. Is already known that Spidey holds back when fighting so he doesnt really hurt or kill anyone. With Tony he was desperate and not holding back.

I just find it hard to believe that Peter has the strength to crush Tony's armor just because he's pissed. Tony has fought people considerably stronger than Spiderman.

SnazzySmurph
Sounds PISy.

The uni-beam has shown to be hotter than the surface of the sun when at less than max... that showing when Spider-Man covered him with webbing when it was supposed to be at max? erm

lando005
nope max webbing > max uni beam shifty

Arahan
even so it is not in the handbook spidermans strength boosts up when he is angry / pissed (like hulk) because that would explain some feats he has done in the past wink like ehhm beating Firelord laughing out loud wink

lando005
madder spider get stronger spider get?

Battlehammer
dont be rediculous.

spiderman not holding back is still not hitting with more then 20 tons punches if that.

people like wonderman have been unable to crush ironmans helmet but spiderman can?

Badabing
Spidey ripped Tony's helmet off his head. Maybe while working with Stark he observed how the helmet attaches????

Spidey's all out web attack was impressive.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Badabing
Spidey ripped Tony's helmet off his head. Maybe while working with Stark he observed how the helmet attaches????

Spidey's all out web attack was impressive.
see now that I can believe.

NiņoAraņa
that art was....bleh in some places.

Deathstroke
He still smashed the helmet, but now that I think about it the helmet being detached from its power source probably had something to do with it.

From wikipedia regarding his current armor: "constructed of a pliable crystalline material which molecular structure can collimate into super-hard planes upon the application of an electrical field"

Innerhype
He still smashed the helmet, but now that I think about it the helmet being detached from its power source probably had something to do with it.

From wikipedia regarding his current armor: "constructed of a pliable crystalline material which molecular structure can collimate into super-hard planes upon the application of an electrical field"

That just means the armor can change from being collapsible to solid-state by being polarized with this electric field.

Though either way, it should be impossible for Spidey to smash Iron Man's helmet (which doesn't collapse) like he was shown doing.

EDIT: And another thing, this jobbing is rank Class 95-100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.