It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20624279/

No thread on this yet?

Not much of a surprise really, thoughts?

I like him, the only conservative of the bunch who isn't a flip-flopper (McCain) or a phony (Rudy, whom I like as a person, but is no conservative) and actually believes in conservative values.

However, his Law and Order TV fame will hurt him more than help him, methinks.

Bardock42
Originally posted by sithsaber408

No thread on this yet?

I like him, the only conservative of the bunch who isn't a flip-flopper (McCain) or a phony (Rudy, whom I like as a person, but is no conservative) and actually believes in conservative values.

Ron Paul believes in Conservative values.

Shakyamunison

No thread on this yet?

That is all we need: another acting president.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is all we need: another acting president.

Bardock42
Wouldn't it be funny if all people in this thread would quote the "That is all we need: another acting president." and half of them mean it sarcastically while the others mean it literally?

sithsaber408
There was talk awhile back of pasing a law that would allow any immagrant citizen to run for president if they had been a US citizen for at least 20 years.

Arnold v.s. Hillary '08! laughing out loud

That would have been awesome.

Shakyamunison
There was talk awhile back of pasing a law that would allow any immagrant citizen to run for president if they had been a US citizen for at least 20 years.

Arnold v.s. Hillary '08! laughing out loud

That would have been awesome.

I can just see Arnold's reelection slogan. laughing

sithsaber408
C'mon.. don't keep us in suspense. stick out tongue

Bardock42

I'll be back?

Shakyamunison

You have never seen Terminator? eek!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Fred may be good , but I don't think he'll win.

Strangelove
Arnold v.s. Hillary '08! laughing out loud Constitutionally ineligibleOriginally posted by sithsaber408
I like him, the only conservative of the bunch who isn't a flip-flopper (McCain) or a phony (Rudy, whom I like as a person, but is no conservative) and actually believes in conservative values.You don't like Huckabee? Hell, I like Huckabee and I'm a godless liberal. Gov. Huckabee's really likable.

sithsaber408
I like somebody who has a chance of WINNING.

For the Reps its McCain, Rudy, or now.. Fred Thompson.

Of the 3, I like Thompson.

Doesn't mean that he's the best, but of the ones who've got any kind of shot, he's who I'd pick.

Devil King
Apparently, he thinks that the solution to school shootings like the one at Virginia Tech is to give more college students gun. The man honestly said that college students should be allowed to wander around armed to the gills.

But, in the next breathe he talks about how we have to disarm every other nation with nuclear weapons.

I don't understand the logic of everyone has a gun so it will deter anyone from using a gun for wrong, but every other country with nuclear weapons (except, I assume, for the countries we've given them to) has to give theirs up.

Devil King
I like somebody who has a chance of WINNING.

Do you realize how superficial that sounds?

Originally posted by Strangelove
You don't like Huckabee? Hell, I like Huckabee and I'm a godless liberal. Gov. Huckabee's really likable.

I will admit that when I hear him speak, he's one of only two candidates on that side of the aisle that strikes me as sincere.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Devil King
Apparently, he thinks that the solution to school shootings like the one at Virginia Tech is to give more college students gun. The man honestly said that college students should be allowed to wander around armed to the gills.

But, in the next breathe he talks about how we have to disarm every other nation with nuclear weapons.

I don't understand the logic of everyone has a gun so it will deter anyone from using a gun for wrong, but every other country with nuclear weapons (except, I assume, for the countries we've given them to) has to give theirs up.

hmm... that's rather stupid. Hadn't heard that quote.

Now I'm back to square one.

I guess if Obama wins it it'll be ok.Originally posted by Devil King
Do you realize how superficial that sounds?

I will admit that when I hear him speak, he's one of only two candidates on that side of the aisle that strikes me as sincere. Who's the other?

Devil King
hmm... that's rather stupid. Hadn't heard that quote.

Now I'm back to square one.

I guess if Obama wins it it'll be ok. Who's the other?

It wasn't a single quote. But that's why I think he just says what comes to mind when asked a question. As Ghandi said, convictions should be slowly formed, but once they have they should be defended at all costs. I also don't understand Thompson's thing about his red truck.

Ron Paul is the other. I think he honestly believes what he says. It's just far too much of a head in the sand attitude. I understand that Washington warned against foreign entanglements, but this isn't 300 years ago. The world community is a fact and our need to interact with it can't be underestimated. The other extreme seems to be represented by the majority of Republican candidates.

Fishy
Originally posted by Devil King
It wasn't a single quote. But that's why I think he just says what comes to mind when asked a question. As Ghandi said, convictions should be slowly formed, but once they have they should be defended at all costs. I also don't understand Thompson's thing about his red truck.

Ron Paul is the other. I think he honestly believes what he says. It's just far too much of a head in the sand attitude. I understand that Washington warned against foreign entanglements, but this isn't 300 years ago. The world community is a fact and our need to interact with it can't be underestimated. The other extreme seems to be represented by the majority of Republican candidates.

Well it would be somewhat fun to see the US as an isolated country, it would really make things in Asia far more interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.