Peter Petrelli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Now that we have our own Heroes Sub-Forum, I just wanted to open a thread devoted to my absolute favorite character and thing about the show.
Peter Petrelli!

This way we can discuss his past, present and future. Talk about his character development last year. (Which was awesome and couldn't have been better IMO!) The questions leering about what happened when Nathan flew him into the sky, and whats happened to him in the 4 months past since then.

Also assuming he survives the long hall where will this character go. I mean I agree that even thou I'd love to see him gain every power on the show and become the ultimate hero, it would quickly destroy his character interest and make decent stories about him almost impossible to write.

So how can they keep him interesting in the show and the way he is without altering his power set or status quo in the show?

All I know is as long as Peter's still in the show I'll still be watching it. You all have no idea how glad I was to see him in that short clip of season 2. Even if it was only for a second.

Now just getting past the first couple of episodes to make sure he isn't one of the first to go this season. confused

Shin_Blax
I actually liked Nathan more, strangely enough.

Peter's really cool too, though.

Captain REX
Yeah, well, Peter can use every power in existance. Can Nathan do that? No. He has the power to be a President and fly and stuff...

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, well, Peter can use every power in existance. Can Nathan do that? No. He has the power to be a President and fly and stuff... As much as I agree that Peter's power is the coolest of all and the ultimate one, that's not really the main reason I like him.

Hell I've liked Peter since I just thought he could could fly, or when I thought he could only mimic those around him or hell even when I had no idea what his power was. And saying I liked him when I thought he could just fly is saying something. I mean I'm sorry but flight is the about the most useless power in its self. I mean what could you really do with it? Not fall? Catch people that can fall? Yea it saved the world at the end of heroes but that was really just plot induced and telekinesis could still do that and so much more. Similar to how Clarie could have just put a bullet into Peter's brain and after he cooled off just have someone like Mohinder remove it.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I mean I like Nathan's character but his power is pretty lame and it mainly because I never got way so many people always wish for flying as a power when there's so many much cooler options.

As for why Peter's my favorite. I've connected to Peter more than anyone else on the show. I feel like him in that I've always wondered if I was meant for something more. That perhaps I have a special purpose. Also I would definitely be wanting to help people if I had the power to or at least new something that gave me a direction to really help. I just like how Peter is really wanting to help but really has no idea how. I'd say if there were real heroes in the world with powers, the best ones would probably start off allot like Peter.

Captain REX
His want to reach out and help everyone was very touching, and I can honestly say that the angry Peter was highly intimidating when he went after Isaac.

Mairuzu
The two sides of him are equally as awesome, him and hiro are true heroes

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
The two sides of him are equally as awesome, him and hiro are true heroes Hell yea! eek!
Agreed 100%

Thats what I think Hiro's story is really going to be about this year. Him learning to become a true Hiro. I mean what if it turned out that it was him in history all along as his own great hero? Imagine if while he's trying to teach Kensei to become the hero he knew growing up, he learns it was really him all along? So in teaching Kensei he is really teaching himself.

As for Peter this year I imagine as long as, god willing, they keep him around he's going to have an incredibly fascinating story this year as well. Probably once again the one to trump all. wink

Mairuzu
Hells yea, peter is the superman of heroes

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah, well, Peter can use every power in existance. Can Nathan do that? No. He has the power to be a President and fly and stuff...

Peter is also a wannabe Emo. So he fails. Fact.

Nathan was much cooler and in the end it was Nathan who actually saved the world.. or at least New York.

Captain REX
He saved the world. The world of post-bomb was an unpleasant place where people were being killed for being abnormal. This upcoming world of no-bomb should be much more pleasant...well, as far as Earth goes.

Peter had a good heart, that was his thing. Nathan was very much conflicted, whereas Peter knew what the right thing to do was.

Entity
OK so from what I've seen on the promos for season 2, Peter seems to be being held captive by someone. What I wanna know is what would it take to even do that considering all the powers he's already replicated?

I mean he's gained Nikki's strenght, so he could just force his way outta most holds.
He's got telekinesis, that would let him pick many locks or other restrains.
He's can read minds, so as long as they speak his language anyone that comes near him could unwillingly tell him how to get out.
He can always go radioactive if he had to but, I'd imagine that'd be a last resort for him, if he'd even be willing to take that risk.
And lets not forget his teleportation abilities, but Hiro has just as hard a time controlling them as Peter does his many abilities, so I'd completely understand if he's not able to really use that ability any at this point. Not to mention he really has no way to even understand its ability for his use.

Short of drugs, and just keeping him sedated I've got nothing that I can think of to hold him. And if someone with a power is holding him, I'd suggest they stay the **** away to keep him form adding their power as well.

Vera21
Maybe we'll find out in two days?

Of course, he could just not appear in the first episode...

Entity
Originally posted by Vera21
Maybe we'll find out in two days?

Of course, he could just not appear in the first episode... Yea that's what I'm afraid of but really I think they'll just wait and show him waking up in the room with a light shinning on him or something in the last few minutes of the episode. erm

Captain REX
Don't those moments just get you all riled up? ermm

Gideon
Peterites, please do not execute this poor mortal (me) for expressing his opinion... no expression

Okay, I like Peter. He's the shizzle. It's about damn time that the 'nice guy' on TV turned out to be, potentially, the most powerful instead of the plot-induced schmuck who always gets kidnapped, killed, or rejected by the girl. Giving the most power to the dude least inclined to use it. Kudos to Kring: excellent characterization.

My complaint? He's not too bright. Seriously. Sylar, Mr. Bennet, and Nathan all outclass him, intellectually. It's not just that they're smarter, but they use their head. Peter potentially outmuscles Sylar, but he always loses because Sylar outthinks him. He fights better. This is nags me deeply and I get very frustrated with Peter because of it.

Entity
Originally posted by Gideon
Peterites, please do not execute this poor mortal (me) for expressing his opinion... no expression

Okay, I like Peter. He's the shizzle. It's about damn time that the 'nice guy' on TV turned out to be, potentially, the most powerful instead of the plot-induced schmuck who always gets kidnapped, killed, or rejected by the girl. Giving the most power to the dude least inclined to use it. Kudos to Kring: excellent characterization.

My complaint? He's not too bright. Seriously. Sylar, Mr. Bennet, and Nathan all outclass him, intellectually. It's not just that they're smarter, but they use their head. Peter potentially outmuscles Sylar, but he always loses because Sylar outthinks him. He fights better. This is nags me deeply and I get very frustrated with Peter because of it. Just to note on the last thing about him and Sylar and I've said this before.

Your not taking into account that Sylar has always had the ability to know how things work and the way he gains abilities allows him to more fully understand what they are and how to use them. Where as Peter not only doesn't necessarily know how things work but he many times doesn't even know he has the power to start with. So he has to endure allot more training and learn more control seeing as how its been stated a few times how the multiple abilities can overwhelm him.

Also unlike Sylar, Peter has a serious hard core conscience. So he going to be allot more concerned with the use of his powers and who gets hurt. So in short I'm not saying your right or wrong about how "smart" Peter is. I'm just saying he's also got it allot harder than Sylar to deal with.

But the path of a true hero is a very hard one.

Captain REX
I'm sure in the end Peter will become the stronger fighter, but for now, Peter just went from hospice nurse to super-powered empath, whereas Nathan was a politician, Sylar was a watchmaker (and has gone insane), and Mr. Bennet is just awesome.

Entity
Originally posted by Entity
Yea that's what I'm afraid of but really I think they'll just wait and show him waking up in the room with a light shinning on him or something in the last few minutes of the episode. erm Who called it? stick out tongue
I should've seen the amnesia thing coming thou. I like the twist. Lets him stay interesting while keeping all he's gained. wink

Captain REX
We've at least sussed that...he doesn't remember who he is and what he can do.

Entity
Just wanted to add this form the 4 Month's later thread.

Whats everyone think about the new theory on Peter's amneisa? I hadn't considered the Haitian idea before. Good catch, thou I'm kinda divided as to weather or not I believe it or even want to. I mean I don't think anyone he's done it to can remember what they've lost. I mean even Bennett I don't think remembers what happened really he just knows because he knew what the Haitian was capable of and he knows himself and what he would probably plan. Plus they could've all just filled him in after. So its possibly not so much he remembers what happened but just that he knows now. IMO

As for Peter even having that happen I'm torn between my thrill of the concept of having the Haitian's powers added to his list and thus virtually making him officially the ultimate hero and basically all but completely unstoppable. I mean if the Haitian can nullify powers even just somewhat adding that to Peter's abilities would really make him unstoppable once he learned how to control it. Not to mention the awesomeness of having the ability to just wipe Sylar blank next time they meet. hehe

As for the flip side of that, I'm not so sure I want him to have lost his memories that way considering that he may not be able to get them back. And as much as I've been wanting him to meet the Haitian to gain his powers, I think maybe it'd be too much to keep the character interesting. Especially considering everything he's already gained. I mean I'd love Peter to just go on a world tour with Mohinder's list and meet everyone with an ability he can use but I know that would kill the character. Where's the interest or heroism in a person with unlimited power essentially?

Also just wanted to say didn't everyone know Peter gets electricty powers form Kristen Bell's new character Elle?

Blue_Hefner
Was he using lightning is yesterday's episode?

Captain REX
Thing is, I don't think Peter can absorb the Haitian's power, seeing as the Haitian may be able to shut down Peter's ability of power mimicry before he copies it.

Yes, he was shooting lightning.

Blue_Hefner
Well, some of you may not agree, but maybe Electricity has Peter's real power all along. All of those other powers can be related to electricity. For instance, electricity can cause other stuff to move and can interfere with light. Superstrength may not be realted, but at any rate, it is just a hypothesis.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Well, some of you may not agree, but maybe Electricity has Peter's real power all along. All of those other powers can be related to electricity. For instance, electricity can cause other stuff to move and can interfere with light. Superstrength may not be realted, but at any rate, it is just a hypothesis. And it's wrong. Peter's original power was empathic mimicry. We've known that since like episode 4.

Tattoo
Well, some of you may not agree, but maybe Electricity has Peter's real power all along. All of those other powers can be related to electricity. For instance, electricity can cause other stuff to move and can interfere with light. Superstrength may not be realted, but at any rate, it is just a hypothesis.

I've never seen electricity heal a man. ermm

Captain REX
Did we ever find out where Future Peter got his scar?

Strangelove
Did we ever find out where Future Peter got his scar? Tim Kring said he'd tell us. It must be important, because he's absorbed Claire's ability. He must have consciously kept it. Which makes it significant.

Entity
Maybe he gained it failing to save someone or stop a villain of some kind. Or maybe he gained it the first time he had to kill someone for the greater good. Its been seriously bugging me as well but I wasn't thinking he chose to keep it so much as it came form something more powerful than his healing abilities. Also I don't think Claire's power works that way. It seems like it almost has to be just an involuntary power. How else could it work when their dead or completely unconscious?

Mairuzu
The only thing i can come up with (by him getting the scar) is that he was captured by the Haitian or a group of people.. and he Haitian kept peters powers down and they were torturing him and i guess cut his face lol... and in him, without his healing powers.. it became a scar

(this is just a guess obviously)

I cant really think of any other way

Mairuzu
Maybe he gained it failing to save someone or stop a villain of some kind. Or maybe he gained it the first time he had to kill someone for the greater good. Its been seriously bugging me as well but I wasn't thinking he chose to keep it so much as it came form something more powerful than his healing abilities. Also I don't think Claire's power works that way. It seems like it almost has to be just an involuntary power. How else could it work when their dead or completely unconscious?

what?

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Tattoo
I've never seen electricity heal a man. ermm

Peter was never healed in any of the episodes

Strangelove
Peter was never healed in any of the episodes ....do you even watch the show? What the f**k?

Captain REX
Every time Peter used Claire's regenerative ability, he was healed.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
....do you even watch the show? What the f**k?

laughing

so he did used electricity?

I though it was telekinesis, and the lightning fx was just the thunders outside.

maybe he absorb all those Ipods as well, and he can play music now laughing

btw: I did read that bit about him getting the power from Kristen Bell's new character

Tattoo
Originally posted by S_D_J
laughing

so he did used electricity?

I though it was telekinesis, and the lightning fx was just the thunders outside.

maybe he absorb all those Ipods as well, and he can play music now laughing

btw: I did read that bit about him getting the power from Kristen Bell's new character

It was inside the shipping container they were in, it wasn't from the storm.

Please, please, please start using spoiler tags about future events on the show. I didn't know, nor want to know, how get got that power before they tell us on the show. The only spoilers allowed without spoiler tags are in the episode threads, and only if they pertain to what transpired in that episode.

Blue_Hefner
Every time Peter used Claire's regenerative ability, he was healed.

You say "healed", but "heal" implies that he was sick. Anyway, electricity heals ppl all the time in the emergency room.

Tattoo
You say "healed", but "heal" implies that he was sick. Anyway, electricity heals ppl all the time in the emergency room.

Healed implies that he has been cut open and the wound heals itself. no expression

Blue_Hefner
Ok. whatever. I was wrong

S_D_J
It was inside the shipping container they were in, it wasn't from the storm.

Please, please, please start using spoiler tags about future events on the show. I didn't know, nor want to know, how get got that power before they tell us on the show. The only spoilers allowed without spoiler tags are in the episode threads, and only if they pertain to what transpired in that episode.

will do wink

but I don't know if that entirely true...

I have my doubts about that:
there will be an episode explaining what happened during those 4 months..., but Kristen Bell's character Elle won't show up in the show until a little bit later, maybe he met her in those 4 moths.

someone else said that the a new female character (I assume that's Jessica Collins, who plays Sophie, a mysterious character who works for an organization tracking down heroes
will have the power of electromagnetism, but I don't think that's the case, I don't think they repeat a power, unless it's been used by Peter...

...but I'm getting out topic here...

Mairuzu
So is it true Milo is going out with Hayden? Heh..

S_D_J
So is it true Milo is going out with Hayden? Heh..

what???

didn't know that

how can he??? she's his niece for crying out loud!!!.... big grin

Captain REX
I haven't heard. I don't keep up with the romantic lives of actors and actresses, not even from Heroes.

Captain REX
Okay, after Peter's little ass-kickery in tonight's episode, it left me wondering this...

Can Peter combine powers?

Tattoo
Okay, after Peter's little ass-kickery in tonight's episode, it left me wondering this...

Can Peter combine powers?

I would say that's a very good possibility.

Strangelove

Can Peter combine powers? No, according to Tim Kring. Until he gains further control over his abilities. In "Five Years Gone", he was able to use invisibility and telekinesis at the same time though.

http://heroeswiki.com/images/e/e0/Powers_peter_tk_while_invisible.gif

Captain REX
Ah, so Kring has addressed it...

Who else thinks that Peter has likely absorbed all of Sylar's "borrowed talents""

Entity
No, according to Tim Kring. Until he gains further control over his abilities. In "Five Years Gone", he was able to use invisibility and telekinesis at the same time though.

http://heroeswiki.com/images/e/e0/Powers_peter_tk_while_invisible.gif Well he was using invisibility and telekinesis when Isaac shot Simone too wasn't he?
And was it just me or did everyone else think he was gonna use Nikki's strength to bust threw those ropes only to be shocked and thrilled that he phased threw them instead?

Strangelove
Ah, so Kring has addressed it...

Who else thinks that Peter has likely absorbed all of Sylar's "borrowed talents"" Well, it has been shown that Peter doesn't need to see the power being demonstrated to absorb it, so it's likely that he does have all of Sylar's abilities. However, he hasn't been shown using enhanced hearing or eidetic memory, both of which are automatic.Originally posted by Entity
Well he was using invisibility and telekinesis when Isaac shot Simone too wasn't he?
And was it just me or did everyone else think he was gonna use Nikki's strength to bust threw those ropes only to be shocked and thrilled that he phased threw them instead? He PHASED through them?!?! eek! :eek eek!

I was looking away from the TV when that happened, I didn't see that!!!

And no, he wasn't using both when he was running away from Isaac.

Ordained
I was a little shocked when he used his powers like he had them for the longest but can't remember who or where he is from.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ordained
I was a little shocked when he used his powers like he had them for the longest but can't remember who or where he is from. It was instinctive.

S_D_J
I was a little shocked when he used his powers like he had them for the longest but can't remember who or where he is from.

which power do you mean?

if it's phasing, then it belongs to DL

....so it doesn't need to be use, he just has to be around to absorb it hmm

Tattoo
which power do you mean?

if it's phasing, then it belongs to DL

....so it doesn't need to be use, he just has to be around to absorb it hmm

You completely missed the point of that post.

Peter in last season had to concentrate to get his powers to work when he wanted them to, now he seems to know exactly what to do...like Strangelove said it's instinct now.

S_D_J
You completely missed the point of that post.

Peter in last season had to concentrate to get his powers to work when he wanted them to, now he seems to know exactly what to do...like Strangelove said it's instinct now.

laughing

I thought he meant HE (not Peter) couldnt remember from whom Peter got that power...

dont blame me, though, nothing personally against him, but it seems Ordained its a little bit lost when it comes to the show. big grin

Entity
So if Peter gained DL's abilities do yall think he's gained Molly's and Micas too?

Ordained
laughing

I thought he meant HE (not Peter) couldnt remember from whom Peter got that power...

dont blame me, though, nothing personally against him, but it seems Ordained its a little bit lost when it comes to the show. big grin Wait a minute. I love this show and I am completely on top of things. I just wanted to know that since he has no memory of who he is and what happened to him, how could he know how to use all of the powers that are under his belt.

Strangelove
So if Peter gained DL's abilities do yall think he's gained Molly's and Micas too? Possibly.

S_D_J
Wait a minute. I love this show and I am completely on top of things. I just wanted to know that since he has no memory of who he is and what happened to him, how could he know how to use all of the powers that are under his belt.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood/misread your question.

maybe you were joking (I dont mean the post I quoted) when posting in other threads, but for those post, it wont seem like you are not on top of all things... big grin

So if Peter gained DL's abilities do yall think he's gained Molly's and Micas too?

that's what really puzzles me... maybe I dont remember it very well (so please correct me if I'm wrong) but he's been able to use powers that were used with him, on him, in front of him or around him, not latent power not on use... like DL's... and he used them after learning to control them

I thought he was gonna use Niki strength to brake the ropes, but he couldn't, he unconsciously phase out of them, then afterwards he used them by punching that other Irish dude, so he's using them by instinct...

maybe he gained it (the phasing through things) by meeting DL in those 4 moths gone, there's got to be an explanation as to how DL wont be showing up this season, so i want to believe that

I really dont like the idea of him gaining powers just by being around people, it would turn him into the all powerful hero, and it just loses its appeal... although it was great seeing him use his powers to punch those guys...

Tattoo
I'm sorry, I misunderstood/misread your question.

maybe you were joking (I dont mean the post I quoted) when posting in other threads, but for those post, it wont seem like you are not on top of all things... big grin

that's what really puzzles me... maybe I dont remember it very well (so please correct me if I'm wrong) but he's been able to use powers that were used with him, on him, in front of him or around him, not latent power not on use... like DL's... and he used them after learning to control them

I thought he was gonna use Niki strength to brake the ropes, but he couldn't, he unconsciously phase out of them, then afterwards he used them by punching that other Irish dude, so he's using them by instinct...

maybe he gained it (the phasing through things) by meeting DL in those 4 moths gone, there's got to be an explanation as to how DL wont be showing up this season, so i want to believe that

I really dont like the idea of him gaining powers just by being around people, it would turn him into the all powerful hero, and it just loses its appeal... although it was great seeing him use his powers to punch those guys...

Wait, wait wait...

How would it be any different if he gained their powers by being around them? Their power is still there whether they use it or not. Why would he have to see their power in order to obtain it? That really makes no sense.

Strangelove
Yeah, SDJ, you're wrong. Peter gained the nuclear abilities when Ted wasn't using them, so obviously he doesn't need to see the power demonstrated to absorb it.

Entity
Yeah, SDJ, you're wrong. Peter gained the nuclear abilities when Ted wasn't using them, so obviously he doesn't need to see the power demonstrated to absorb it. Well I was thinking of Isaac's, since I don't recall if Isaac actually used his ability while Peter was there before he showed up and ended up using it himself but Ted is a much better example.

Although I think Ted was always giving off some radiation form what they were saying. Even when he wasn't thinking about it. Right? confused

S_D_J
Well I was thinking of Isaac's, since I don't recall if Isaac actually used his ability while Peter was there before he showed up and ended up using it himself but Ted is a much better example.

Although I think Ted was always giving off some radiation form what they were saying. Even when he wasn't thinking about it. Right? confused

that's what I thought about Ted... but now that you mention Isaac

Wait, wait wait...

How would it be any different if he gained their powers by being around them? Their power is still there whether they use it or not. Why would he have to see their power in order to obtain it? That really makes no sense.

what I thought was that the powers needed to be active in order to obtain them, like for instance: Claire's regeneration, that's a latent power and it's active whether she wishes it or not, it' not something she can just turn on and off when she pleases.
What I thought about Ted it's he absorbed it because radiation will always stay on him, he just has the ability to amplify said radiation to heat things or to blow up... or use an EMP like he did at Primatech.

I think it makes sense he sees the power being used or being around the person who uses it, even though he's not seeing it, when talking about powers activated at will. In order for him to use them (when he was learning to use them) he needed to remember how he felt when he was around that person in order to activate said power.

the same happens with Sylar, Peter gained his telekinesis because Sylar used it against him, but what about enhanced hearing, froze thing melt things?. I know there was no time for him to even realize he may have those powers, and lot could have happened in 4 months... but if I remember correctly, he never felt once like Sylar did when he gained the enhanced hearing, not even like the woman from whom Sylar took it... and yet he had so much problems controlling Ted's

btw: i was under the impression Peter used Matt's ability when he knew Sylar was around him, not the hearing erm

but i did forget about Isaac's, he never saw it and Isaac wasnt around Peter when he used it, so he just absorbs it.... I was wrong then

So... he should have Molly's and Micah's abilities as well?

I still don't like the idea... he's way to powerful, and now that he uses the abilities instinctively, without to much trouble, he can become too much powerful no expression

there needs to be a stop to it... some kind of limit

Strangelove
Well I was thinking of Isaac's, since I don't recall if Isaac actually used his ability while Peter was there before he showed up and ended up using it himself but Ted is a much better example.

Although I think Ted was always giving off some radiation form what they were saying. Even when he wasn't thinking about it. Right? confused Yes, but Peter didn't know that.

Entity
Yes, but Peter didn't know that. Peter didn't know what? About Ted's radiation?

Because I don't see how Peter's knowing about it makes any difference. Peter hasn't know about almost any of the powers before he gained them.

Captain REX
Peter's power (mimicry) seems to have a lot of different things to it. First he started triggering powers by thinking of people that used them, but now he's doing it more instinctually, seemingly out of necessity.

Not sure what to think about Peter's powers that he's absorbed that 'always work,' in regards to him possibly obtaining eidetic memory and enhanced hearing. Obviously regeneration works always for him (you can't think when you're technically dead), but we have yet to see Peter putting off radiation like Ted did.

Blue_Hefner

He gained without seeing her use her powers so I think he did

chickenlover98
Peter's power (mimicry) seems to have a lot of different things to it. First he started triggering powers by thinking of people that used them, but now he's doing it more instinctually, seemingly out of necessity.

Not sure what to think about Peter's powers that he's absorbed that 'always work,' in regards to him possibly obtaining eidetic memory and enhanced hearing. Obviously regeneration works always for him (you can't think when you're technically dead), but we have yet to see Peter putting off radiation like Ted did.

his power basically makes him god. he has everyone elses powers, and once he learns how to use them he basically can control them as well as sylar. he gets them a less harmul way though.

i found it funny in lizards*SPOILERS* how he didnt just tele kinesis the box away

Captain REX
Peter probably has Micah's and Molly's powers as well. Since he used DL's ability, Heroes Wiki has put a list of his copied powers and the powers he's been exposed to but not used.

I think unless he pulls things off instinctually (electromagnetism, phasing), he needs to see or know that someone has it. Why would you instinctually know to hack a computer with your mind or look for someone miles away in your head?

chickenlover98
well that makes sense, but he seemed to know how to use telekinesis. why would any of them know how to use their abilities? they just can, its a given

Mairuzu
Its weird, i mean.. its possible that he can have a power and not know about it till it happens... like.. he obviously didnt know about the lightning and he used it... the healing happens automatically, and some powers get used to ensure his own survival..

So lets say he walks by some guy with a power on the street.. how does he use it? or find out? i guess it depends on the power..

and how does peter have molly's power? I don't seem to remember him meeting her...

Almighty Bauer
Its weird, i mean.. its possible that he can have a power and not know about it till it happens... like.. he obviously didnt know about the lightning and he used it... the healing happens automatically, and some powers get used to ensure his own survival..

So lets say he walks by some guy with a power on the street.. how does he use it? or find out? i guess it depends on the power..

and how does peter have molly's power? I don't seem to remember him meeting her... Molly and Micah were both in the square thingy when Peter fought Sylar in How to Stop an Exploding Man. And that would have been the only contact Peter would have with DL (is DL actually alive, having been shot????) too.

AstroFan
Who said Peter has Molly's power?

S_D_J
Originally posted by AstroFan
Who said Peter has Molly's power?

no one, we are just assuming, since he had DL's powers, and, as far as we all know, he was around DL only once when fighting Sylar... as were both Molly and Micah

... I still think he met DL later on, in those 4 months gone, or maybe he and Elle (new character from whom Peter gained his electromagnetic powers ) have something to do with DL absence from the show

Blue_Hefner
He gained without seeing her use her powers so I think he did

What i meant to say was he gained Nikki's powers without seeing her use them. But I don't think he can gain just by around people. For instance, I don't think he gained the Haitian's powers at the police station even though they were just a few feet apart. He also hasn't absorbed Hiro's or Linderman's (if he's ever even met him in person) powers or he has not use them yet, has he?

Mairuzu
What i meant to say was he gained Nikki's powers without seeing her use them. But I don't think he can gain just by around people. For instance, I don't think he gained the Haitian's powers at the police station even though they were just a few feet apart. He also hasn't absorbed Hiro's or Linderman's (if he's ever even met him in person) powers or he has not use them yet, has he?

Lol, he met future hiro... he has hiros powers...

he never met linderman..

and the Haitian was 2 feet away from him? i remember they were both in the police station but i thought they were in like different rooms

AstroFan
Maybe he cant get the Haitian's power since he cancels people's powers, such as Peter's absorbing ability.

Blue_Hefner
Lol, he met future hiro... he has hiros powers...

he never met linderman..

and the Haitian was 2 feet away from him? i remember they were both in the police station but i thought they were in like different rooms

By few I mean few compared to how far he was away from Molly and Micah in the last episode. He and the Haitian might have been about 15 ft from each other, I don't know for sure, but they were pretty close

Maybe he cant get the Haitian's power since he cancels people's powers, such as Peter's absorbing ability.

I wouldn't say it totally negates other people's powers, because Parkman was able to read his mind when he worked with that FBI chick

I don't remember Peter teleporting or stopping time or going back to the past except in a dream

Blue_Hefner
delete please

Tattoo

My thoughts exactly.

Captain REX
Agreed. I don't think Peter has absorbed the Haitian's power, despite his close proximity.

Peter stops time when Mr. Bennet shoots at him with the taser. That wasn't telekinesis; the darts slow down and then stop. When Sylar stops something with telekinesis, it stops (ie. bullets)

On the matter of Peter absorbing powers and not knowing he has them, I think certain powers will arise instinctually. For example, once he realizes that he has powers at all, he pulls out enhanced strength, electromagnetism, and telekinesis just like that. Phasing kicks in when he really needs it to.

However, I don't think clairvoyance or technopathy would rise instinctually.

Ordained
Who had clairvoyance?

Tattoo
Who had clairvoyance?

I think REXXY used the wrong choice of word. He's talking about Molly's power, but clairvoyance isn't the right description for it.

Tattoo
I see on the Heroes Wiki that they describe her power as "clairvoyance" as well, I guess I was wrong about it being used as the improper word.

Mairuzu
you just pwnt yourself no expression

Tattoo
you just pwnt yourself no expression

Yes, and I had the balls to admit it. smile

Mairuzu
Then again if you didn't admit it, you'd look like a douche

Tattoo
Then again if you didn't admit it, you'd look like a douche

If I didn't admit it, I would have been pwnd by everyone else. laughing out loud

Captain REX
Precisely!

Clairvoyance seems fitting, seeing other places where other people are.

Tattoo
Precisely!

Clairvoyance seems fitting, seeing other places where other people are.

I used to think that clairvoyance meant seeing into the future or something. embarrasment

Captain REX
Wouldn't that be Isaac? eek!

I wonder how much predictions will come into play this season. It was a major theme last season.

Tattoo
Wouldn't that be Isaac? eek!

I wonder how much predictions will come into play this season. It was a major theme last season.

Seeing as how we found out that there are more Isaac paintings out there, it would be a great possibility.

S_D_J
Precisely!

laughing
confused
embarrasment

you mean that about clairvoyance and not about Tatoo getting Pwnd

my bad big grin

I thought "psychic" would be more fitting for someone who finds people, ...and contact the dead stick out tongue

well, being serious now:

Seeing as how we found out that there are more Isaac paintings out there, it would be a great possibility.

Tim Kring did say that Isaac's painting would have a clever reentry in the show this season... I thought Peter would be the one doing predictions.... But I like the idea that there are more Isaac's paintings out there.

predicting the future can get boring (in a show like this). there are certain things that should be inevitable... having the heroes running around trying to stop what's in a painting from happening, what's good enough last season... but if they go back to do that... I'd be really bored real quick.

what's happening with Hiro, however, it's the oposite, and it's certainly funny and entertaining... but once it's over, I hope they never repeate it again, not for a long time at least.

it would mean they're running out of ideas... and I'd hate it if something like that were to happen to this show

Captain REX
I'm sure they could come up with something. I mean, look at Peter. That's far from where I figured he would be this season.

S_D_J
I'm sure they could come up with something. I mean, look at Peter. That's far from where I figured he would be this season.

they better!!!

big grin

what I meant it's they shouldnt repeat themes

~Forever*Alone~
i love peter!!!! wooo!!! im a peter fan from the beginning!!!

i dont think he can absorb the powers that sylar stole, for one thing, he hasn't demonstrated that he can, and my other thing is just a theory....

Tattoo
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i love peter!!!! wooo!!! im a peter fan from the beginning!!!

i dont think he can absorb the powers that sylar stole, for one thing, he hasn't demonstrated that he can, and my other thing is just a theory....

Umm...what? He HAS absorbed powers from Sylar already and he's also USED them. Telekinesis anyone?

Entity
Yea I don't believe he's demonstrated any other stolen ability but telekinesis is the one we know of for sure.

My only question is if he's been able to absorb one of his stolen abilities then why not the rest?
Or what about his original?

S_D_J
Yea I don't believe he's demonstrated any other stolen ability but telekinesis is the one we know of for sure.

My only question is if he's been able to absorb one of his stolen abilities then why not the rest?
Or what about his original?

eating brains? big grin

laughing

we can know for sure what else he could have absorb from Sylar. Even he doesnt know.

but I dont think he absorb all of Sylar's abilities... I'm guessing it works just like Peter... he uses one ability at a time, and since Sylar wasnt using other abilities, then he didnt absorb them.... but that's just my guess

~Forever*Alone~
Umm...what? He HAS absorbed powers from Sylar already and he's also USED them. Telekinesis anyone?

no i think that telekinesis is sylars original power or some part of it, and that peter cant absorb the powers that sylar stole

AstroFan
Sylar stole telekinesis from his first victim.

Captain REX
Indeed. Did you watch "Six Months Ago," Forever*Alone? Gabriel Gray did not start off with telekinesis; he killed the original owner of that power with a blunt object in orer to make himself more "special."

It was a good theory, though, SDJ. The only power that Sylar has used relatively near to Peter is enhanced hearing, but he was on the other side of Kirby Plaza. Telekinesis has always been shown in front of Peter and against Peter, as opposed to cryokinesis, etc. (excluding DF Peter & DF Sylar).

Still, Peter can use more than one at once, as has been shown.

S_D_J
Indeed. Did you watch "Six Months Ago," Forever*Alone? Gabriel Gray did not start off with telekinesis; he killed the original owner of that power with a blunt object in orer to make himself more "special."

It was a good theory, though, SDJ. The only power that Sylar has used relatively near to Peter is enhanced hearing, but he was on the other side of Kirby Plaza. Telekinesis has always been shown in front of Peter and against Peter, as opposed to cryokinesis, etc. (excluding DF Peter & DF Sylar).

Still, Peter can use more than one at once, as has been shown.

he can?

when did that happened? I dont remember... confused

in that case... why didnt he fly away himself when he was about to explode... he wasnt completely out when it was going to happen... as opposed to Ted in "company man" who was clearly out of control

Mairuzu
I'm pretty sure he didn't fly cause his power from ted was unstable.. it probably would have set it off right away if he tried

thats just my guess

Ordained
Yeah he can use more than one power at once. In the DF episode, he was seen using invisibility and TK.

If that was only because he learned how to do that in the course of five years, I don't know. But he still did it.

Tattoo
Peter didn't fly when he was about to go nuclear because he was concentrating on trying not to go Boom.

Mairuzu
Peter didn't fly when he was about to go nuclear because he was concentrating on trying not to go Boom.

Egg-zack-lee

Captain REX
Flogging a dead horse, here, people. Ken and I both stated that Peter didn't fly off on his own because he'd explode without the concentration on his radioactive powers when people asked around the time of the finale. stick out tongue

But yes. Also, the freak-out when Peter realized how his powers worked. He was flooded with every power he had absorbed up to the point of meeting Claude (or so it seemed?).

S_D_J
Flogging a dead horse, here, people. Ken and I both stated that Peter didn't fly off on his own because he'd explode without the concentration on his radioactive powers when people asked around the time of the finale. stick out tongue

But yes. Also, the freak-out when Peter realized how his powers worked. He was flooded with every power he had absorbed up to the point of meeting Claude (or so it seemed?).

I wasnt around at the time

so... other than in 5 years gone (whch I still dont remember when , sorry for that) has there been any other moment in which Peter has used more than one power?

Mairuzu
Its possible but I'm not exactly sure... but when he was in Isaac's loft he was invisible and possibly using telekinesis? Just a guess

other then that... i cant seem to remember... but i don't why he couldn't

Captain REX
As I said, there was a moment when Peter realized how his powers worked and he flipped out as several powers loaded into his brain at once.

chickenlover98
yes but can he conscously use 2 powers and stay in control at the same now?

Captain REX
Just this episode, he regenerated two gun shot wounds while using telekinesis.

Sylar can also use two powers at once- in The Hard Part he uses cryokinesis to freeze water, then telekinesis to swirl it around the room like a snow globe.

~Forever*Alone~
gaaaaah!!! why doesnt he open the box?!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Mairuzu
He wants to be irish duh

Tattoo
Yea it totally blows that they killed him off. I gotta say that was one I never saw coming. Well never would've expected it anyway. He's such an awesome actor too. I remember when they finally showed who he was I was like HELLSYEA!

But yea I hate that they killed him off so soon. I think he would've really added to the show the longer that he stayed around.

Plus of course I'd liked for Peter to have met him. big grin Originally posted by Mairuzu
haha, as long as peter meets him, he can die after for all i care...

i only want some of the people to stay on so they can meet peter

otherwise its a waste of a power if they die haha

I am on the side of the fence that doesn't want Peter to meet everyone with abilities. It gets pretty damn pointless when the hero of the story has so many powers he's almost invincible. That's the same reason why I despise Superman, it's an ability overload.

I'd like for his power to have a time limit on absorption, like if he hasn't been near that person for so long his ability to use their power diminishes until it's as if he doesn't have that power any more. It can be his Achilles Heel.

Strangelove
I agree.

Captain REX
Oh, that would be cruel...

Peter: Ah! I'm going to be shot! Whatever, I'll just stop the bullets with telekinesis...wait, not working...I haven't seen Sylar in a few years...OW ****. Hey, that actually hurt...I feel kinda woozy...why am I not regerating? *collapse*

Mairuzu
No! cannot do that to peter... haha

we need someone to be equal to sylar

Tattoo
No! cannot do that to peter... haha

we need someone to be equal to sylar

No, you don't!

You just need all the Heroes to work together to defeat the common enemy, or a single person can defeat the more powerful foe...have you never heard of David and Goliath?

Captain REX
Indeed. Niki showed Sylar a good time, she didn't need to have telekinesis, she just needed a few good hits. And Hiro didn't stop time to "kill" Sylar.

Mairuzu
I agree with hiro being able to defeat sylar now

but as for niki head on... kinda iffy, cause he did this when sylar was facing towards peter

but i love whole peter vs sylar... its just epic

Bespin Bart
Really, though, Peter does not need to be Sylar's equal, or the other way around, to be a threat. Otherwise, it would seem rather dull.

Captain REX
So...Peter's being hunted, apparently.

By Veronica Mars. eek!

Entity
Didn't know which thread to put this in but thought it was perfect for Heroes and I loved it.

6VRpVGbxGDo

Captain REX
You know, I'm actually starting to like amnesiatic Peter so much. He's almost an entirely different person...

{{QS}}
I am on the side of the fence that doesn't want Peter to meet everyone with abilities. It gets pretty damn pointless when the hero of the story has so many powers he's almost invincible. That's the same reason why I despise Superman, it's an ability overload.

I'd like for his power to have a time limit on absorption, like if he hasn't been near that person for so long his ability to use their power diminishes until it's as if he doesn't have that power any more. It can be his Achilles Heel.

I think he should be allowed to use any power he's abosorbed but the person can resist him using it.Gives Sylar an equal chance against him if Peters cut down to his other powers, most of which aren't designed for combat.

Entity
Do you all realize after the revelation last night about Matt's true potential that Peter is already basically semi god like if he could realize his own full potential?

I feel like they have him and Sylar almost playing poker. lol

Peter - I'll see your telekinesis and raise you future painting.

Sylar - I'll see your future painting and raise you radiation.

Peter - Done and I'll raise with Invisiblity.

Sylar - Alright I'll see that with Superhearing and raise you Illusions.

Peter - I'll see illusions with enhanced telepathy.

Strangelove
Didn't know which thread to put this in but thought it was perfect for Heroes and I loved it.

6VRpVGbxGDo that is pretty sweet

Entity
that is pretty sweet The part with Hiro and the bus is like the ultimate heroic moment to me.

Mairuzu
Do you all realize after the revelation last night about Matt's true potential that Peter is already basically semi god like if he could realize his own full potential?

I feel like they have him and Sylar almost playing poker. lol

Peter - I'll see your telekinesis and raise you future painting.

Sylar - I'll see your future painting and raise you radiation.

Peter - Done and I'll raise with Invisiblity.

Sylar - Alright I'll see that with Superhearing and raise you Illusions.

Peter - I'll see illusions with enhanced telepathy.

hahaha, Peter... then ill pwn you with your own powers cause i have those too! and i probably dont even know it yet!... till i use it at random

Entity
f2OqqyRYCvg

Also thought this one was sweet and its all about Peter mostly.
And I want to find different ones but I don't think any song matches heroes as well as that.

Mairuzu
Isn't that the song they used on one of the commercials?

Tattoo
Isn't that the song they used on one of the commercials?

Yep. Nickelback - If Everyone Cared

Strangelove
Isn't that the song they used on one of the commercials? Yes

Another good song would be "Hero", from the Spider-Man 1 soundtrack.

But that's sung by the same guy.....lack of variety on the Heroes songs haha

Tattoo
Yes

Another good song would be "Hero", from the Spider-Man 1 soundtrack.

But that's sung by the same guy.....lack of variety on the Heroes songs haha

To be fair, that guy from Saliva also had vocals in the Hero song. wink

Mairuzu
Didn't the singer from evanescence have a song on one of the commercials also

Mairuzu
"One of peters forgotten powers suddenly manifests"

Captain REX
And boom! He's in 2008, where he narrowly avoids being blown up by THE BOMB!

...I mean, er...well, Times Square is empty.

starlock
Watching the first season on dvd...anyone notice that peter made claire invisible when the fbi showed up for ted....seems interesting that he would be able to do it, he probably bends light and can alter what he touches, it was shown with claude...but was not toaly for sure since peter could mimic the power, but its certain it can make objects and people invisible while touched

Mairuzu
Hes he can, did you notice when claude took the purses and wallets and stuff, that they werent floating in the air? they were invisible as well

but Peter probably has no idea what the hell is going on haha

Entity
Hellsyea! Peter doesn't age.

Now just get him invulnerability and super speed and he's unstoppable. He can be the perfect character in power and character personalty

HueyFreeman
Peter will never have the level of control with his powers like the other heroes. It takes time for each of the others power to be controlled. He has too many. I think he will just retain their power base level but I doubt anything else. Thats probably why Sylar focused on Telekinesis the most. Peter couldn't stand up to him because of it.

General Zink
Invulnerability would be a boring power.

I think Peter can use telekinesis just as well as Sylar, when he's pissed off enough.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by General Zink
Invulnerability would be a boring power.

I think Peter can use telekinesis just as well as Sylar, when he's pissed off enough. Nah, Sylar could focus his power not only move things but also complete control of their movements. His focus was so good he made a telekinetic scalpal to remove the brains of others. Peter hasn't shown nearly this level of control yet.

Mairuzu
He has the haitians powers now... you realize how powerful he is! AH

So ive been wondering... If he has the haitians powers... and he uses his power to dim down others powers.. does it work on peters other powers as well?

And General Zink is right, it seems like peter gets more powerful when hes forced into it.. or when hes pissed...

Can anyone say.. Gohan?

AstroFan
You sure he has the Haitians powers? The Haitian blocks other peoples powers, so maybe Peter cant take his power.

Mairuzu
Its hard to tell.. but if he did.. peter is pretty much god eH?

If nathan was able to fly away still, maybe peter was able to absorb it at some point? ... not really sure

AstroFan
Yeah, thats why I hope he doesnt, where is the excitement if he can just nullify all Sylar's powers next time they fight? That would suck. lol

Mairuzu
lol true.. too godly

starlock
Peter can never be too godly.....its up to the writers to make exciting stories, when the first season was half way thru...i heard the same things, but good writing will always make the difference imo

Mairuzu
thats if they arent on strike

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>