Opera great Pavarotti dead at 71

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shelbert Lemon

2D_MASTER
Very sad, people make a big deal out of a no-talent like Tupac's death but hardly anybody cares about Pavarotti...

WrathfulDwarf
R.I.P. Pavarotti.

Beautiful quote you posted luv.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Very sad, people make a big deal out of a no-talent like Tupac's death but hardly anybody cares about Pavarotti... Sadly..

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
R.I.P. Pavarotti.

Beautiful quote you posted luv. Thank hun..

I was just listening to this in remembrance... it gives me chills.

2uYrmYXsujI

Alpha Centauri
Not looking forward to the wave of guilt-driven fan hysteria that's abound.

"Let's all become fans now he's dead.". I never was a fan, but I respected his talent.

-AC

Kram3r
Very sad, people make a big deal out of a no-talent like Tupac's death but hardly anybody cares about Pavarotti...

Not entirely true. Also circumstances surrounding Tupac's death are rather different to those of Pavarotti's so they're going to get different response.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Kram3r
Not entirely true. Also circumstances surrounding Tupac's death are rather different to those of Pavarotti's so they're going to get different response.

Well, no shit... I meant in terms of how much the musical legacy they left behind is brought up and the amount of people who mourned their deaths.

Council#13
I couldn't believe that Pavarotti was dead. I never really followed any of his work, but he was like Peter Jennings. Always there and one of the biggest and best in his line of work.

Kram3r
Well, no shit... I meant in terms of how much the musical legacy they left behind is brought up and the amount of people who mourned their deaths.

I think there is easily a respectable amount for both accounts. I don't think there is too much leaning for one way or the other. Sure, I may hear a lot more about how Tupac influenced rap as opposed to the popularizing of Opera on a global scale by Pavarotti but that's because I'm a teenager. I assume it's the same in your case and the basis of your opinion, right?

Impediment
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

"Let's all become fans now he's dead.". I never was a fan, but I respected his talent.

-AC

I agree. Millions of people suddenly became die-hard Johnny Cash fans after he died, and now that Pavarotti is gone, milions of people will claim to have been long time fans.

I, myself, have always been a regular fan of classical music and opera. My favorites have always been Nessun Dorma, La Donne Mobile, and Core 'n Grata.

It's shame that he's gone. He was a fantastic singer.

tabby999

-AC

Deathblow
I never was a fan, but I respected his talent.

The voice of reason, in this thread.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
He had a beautiful voice.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Impediment
I agree. Millions of people suddenly became die-hard Johnny Cash fans after he died.
Is there something wrong with that ?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
He had a beautiful voice.
Amazing voice.

Lame actor.

Amazing voice.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Is there something wrong with that ?

I think die hard Pavarotti fans would feel a bit disrespected that people started caring after he died.

The same as Cash. It's sad that it takes certain people's deaths to get them liked. If these people even ARE liking the music.

-AC

Kid Kurdy
I'm not talking about the fakers, the ones who suddenly claim they always liked this or that artist. I despise those people.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong with "discovering" artists after their death. Why not ? After all, better late than never.

Alpha Centauri
Of course, I meant the fakers, as did others I believe.

-AC

yvonnekarate
It's very sad. I was at one of his concerts with my grandfather when I was younger it was just amazing. He had a great voice.

Regards, Yvonne

ragesRemorse
was he one of the gay ones?

2D_MASTER
I think there is easily a respectable amount for both accounts. I don't think there is too much leaning for one way or the other. Sure, I may hear a lot more about how Tupac influenced rap as opposed to the popularizing of Opera on a global scale by Pavarotti but that's because I'm a teenager. I assume it's the same in your case and the basis of your opinion, right?

Wrong.

Kram3r
Wrong.

However wrong my assumption may be, my analyzes holds true.

2D_MASTER
However wrong my assumption may be, my analyzes holds true.

...ha, ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.