Revan vs. Gungans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Revan sends his mighty Sith Empire to Naboo

They are there to defeat the Gungans.

Can they do it?

Gungans have all the technology and weapons seen in TPM.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas

Can they do it?

Im gonna go with revan's sith army here. Especially there are many dark jedi to accompany the variety of droids he has,and sith troopers.

If it is his sith empire he could send malak to lead the attack which means they lose. Or he could he lead them along with malak which means they are doubly screwed. Im gonna assume they wont be there so atleast we can give the gungans a slightly better chance but that doesn't mean he can't send his army in after he layed out a perfect battle strategy. Anyway I look at i see Revan's sith empire winning.

Se7in

Can they do it?

This post and the threat title are contradictory.

Is this Revan's Sith Empire versus the Gungans, or just Revan?

ThoraxeRMG
Revan's Sith Empire take this.

Shin_Blax
Oh my god wth? Revan alone would probably slaughter the entire Gungan army. His whole Empire is overkill.

Shin_Nikkolas
It's just Revan's troops to ^^^.

And you all underestimate the tech edge the Gungans have.

Shin_Blax
oh.. I get it. This is a spite thread.

Gouki wins no contest.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Revan quite easily

Janus Marius
Yay, another spite thread from Nikkolas.

I say Revan mesmerizes the Gungans with a few illusionist' tricks and then force storms them all to death while his men pillage the capitol Theed.

Shin_Nikkolas
What was the last spite thread I made?

Reading the thread helps.

Shin_Nikkolas
And again, tech edge. The Gungans have vastly superior shields. Revan's troops would have no chance at all of getting through them.

Darth Hord
And again, tech edge. The Gungans have vastly superior shields. Revan's troops would have no chance at all of getting through them.

Why can' they walk through like the droid army did??? Im sure at the very least his droids could fit through and once inside the tech difference from kotor and pt will have not much impact since the gungans dont use that much tech. Plus revan's sith empire contains numerous DARK JEDI that can use the force ntm mention revan can layout the battle strategy and not even be there. And you never said that malak couldnt be since it is Revan's sith empire.

Shin_Blax
Those "highly advanced shields" didn't really help much when the CIS simply walked through them and proceeded to slaughter every Gungan in sight now did it?

Nikko phales again.

Janus Marius
Anything that has "Revan" or "Nihilus" is either a spite thread against Revan, or a spite thread against Revan using Nihilus. Or maybe I'm just seeing too many trends coming from you. Either way, your versus threads are too predictable and it's apparent that you're fishing for responses.

If Force Storms can overwhelm droids, ships, etc. I don't see how some backwoods Gungan tech is going to help. Especially since, as Tulak and Blax noted, people can just walk through them. Revan's Sith Empire includes assassins, dark jedi, and ex-Republic officers and mercenaries. You're pitting them against a bunch of aboriginals whose bonafide hero is Jar-Jar "I give the Republic away" Binks.

Shin_Nikkolas
Apparently people forgot that certain energy shields like the Gungans used will incinerate any living life form and the reason the droids could go through is because they're mechanical.

Darth Sexy
Energy shields? Oh you mean the same property that is used in their underwater cities? You mean the same property in which Obiwan and Qui gon can just walk through to get into the under water cities? Please, don't be daft.

Darth Hord
Apparently people forgot that certain energy shields like the Gungans used will incinerate any living life form and the reason the droids could go through is because they're mechanical.

Even if it were true they still have numerous amount of droids that could walk through them and wiped out the gugans who are not technologically superior to even the star forge droids and if they can knock out the shield than its even more all over. Plus the dark jedi could use the force on the shield generator probably. And as DS said the shield looks like it is the exact time use on the gungan cities

tulakhordpwns
Revan's army wins. So what if only droids can go through the shield, the army has plenty of droids. And how are the Gungans going to kill the dark jedi in Revan's army, when they can just use the force to lob back any projectiles aimed at them?

Shin_Nikkolas
Well then, made an error or judgment in something I heard. Apologies and Revan's army wins.

darthsith19
Um, the Trade Federation army took out the Gungans. A Sith Army ruled by a great military leader, led to battle by that same military leader (who just so happens to be a great Sith Warrior as well) is far stronger than a Trade Federation Droid Army. The Gungans gets own3d.

Captain REX
Despite the nicety of having those shields, the Gungans can't rely on them for long. Either the Sith Empire will bombard them until the power dies or the apparatus fails, or they will walk through them and blow up everything from there.

The Gungans fared moderately well against the droids at first because of their energy weapons that could disable droids and electronics.

I doubt that Revan's army is secretly all robots.

Darth Sexy
Yet again, people ignore the simple fact that those shields are made up of the same property that Obiwan and Qui Gon walked through, to get to the underwater cities. So I have a hard time believing it would be ANY different on the field of battle.

Shin_Nikkolas
Cam you prove that?

Darth Sexy
Conclusively? No. However if you look closely, there's really no difference between their shield, and the substance used to separate their cities from the actual water.

Captain REX
Except for the fact that they have been termed as different things. One serves the purpose of keeping water out and drying anyone who comes through it. The other keeps out artillery fire and blasters.

But no matter. You can walk through either of them.

Darth Sexy
What were they termed exactly? Because I see them as the exact same properties.

Gideon
First: the Sith Empire curbstomps the Gungans. Though it is true that Gungan shields will stave off blasterfire from Sith infantry (as they did stave off the Trade Federation's artillery, which is superior to Revan's) -- his Sith troops will walk through and burn 'em all down. Not to mention Revan is one of the tactical gods of the Star Wars mythos.

Darth Revan's Force Storms can overwhelm ships? Since when?

Janus Marius
Not Darth Revan per se. Force Storms in general seem to have that ability though, which makes a good deal of sense. Revan can supposively generate a decent sized Sith lightning storm on his own, as can Malak to a lesser extent.

Darth Sexy
Was Malak even canonically stated to know any variations of the force storm?

Janus Marius
He used Force lightning in spurts on Bastila when he was converting her. Since this ability is related to Force Storm, it's the case that Malak can use an inferior version of Force Lightning.

Tortoise Herder
OK then, one question: is this a pure land fight or a air-land battle? Also, is this an infantry fight or combined arms one? I am just asking for clarification on this.

Captain REX
One is the Gungan shield generator, the other is a hydrostatic energy field. wink

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Not Darth Revan per se. Force Storms in general seem to have that ability though, which makes a good deal of sense. Revan can supposively generate a decent sized Sith lightning storm on his own, as can Malak to a lesser extent.

I need to bust out my copy of KotoR again, then. Are you confusing the two Force Storms? One is Force lightning on steroids used by multiple Force-wielders in the KotoR-era; the other uses the Force to summon a tear in space/time (a hyperspace wormhole) that can disintigrate fleets and rip the surfaces off worlds -- Revan, to my knowledge, has not used such an attack.

Not that it matters, since he owns the Gunguns anyways.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Gideon
I need to bust out my copy of KotoR again, then. Are you confusing the two Force Storms? One is Force lightning on steroids used by multiple Force-wielders in the KotoR-era; the other uses the Force to summon a tear in space/time (a hyperspace wormhole) that can disintigrate fleets and rip the surfaces off worlds -- Revan, to my knowledge, has not used such an attack.

Not that it matters, since he owns the Gunguns anyways.

I'm not confusing either of them, really. All EU sources indicate that variations of Sith Lightning are related, it's simply a matter of scale and personal power. We know Sidious can make a Force Storm big enough to envelop an armada. We also know that Revan uses a similar attack and though it's not the case that they are exactly comparable, even a smaller scale Force Storm should be sufficient to overload a packanimal-mounted shield generator.

Gideon
Unless I'm mistaken, you are. You seem to be comparing two very different Force techniques and concluding that they yield the same result and this is not the case. Darth Revan's "Force Storm" is literally a storm of Force lightning; from what we've seen, it does not exhibit anything near the power or magnitude capable of devastating ships. The only Force Storm capable of destroying ships is the technique used by Emperor Palpatine.

They are not the same thing.

Janus, Emperor Palpatine's Force Storm and Revan's Force Storm are not the same thing. They are two different attacks.

He can create a tear in space-time -- thus forming a hyperspace wormhole. It's not enhanced Force-lightning.

The only thing similar about the two techniques is the name, Janus. I repeat: they are not the same thing.

Oh, I have no doubt. And even if it couldn't, Revan still has this fight. But the claim was made that it could destroy ships. I have yet to see any evidence that supports that claim, and you seem to be confusing the two attacks.

Lightsnake
Janus, Palpatine's force storm is a different thing completely: There's no lightning: It's essentially a wormhole that tears the very fabric of space with sheer destructive force.

The KOTOR force storm is extremely powerful lightning

There are essentially three types fo Force Storm:
The KOTOR lightning one
Palpatine's one, described as the most destructive dark side technique there is
And lastly, one that creates a literal storm (As seen from the Nightsisters

Janus Marius
Alright, fine. Fine. I was wrong. It's different. BFD, Escape. I put "ships" in there because I figured the attacks were similar. They're apparently not. I'm not going to argue this into the ground when the comment was carelessly thrown in there in the first place.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Alright, fine. Fine. I was wrong. It's different. BFD, Escape. I put "ships" in there because I figured the attacks were similar. They're apparently not. I'm not going to argue this into the ground when the comment was carelessly thrown in there in the first place.

What the hell, Janus? This isn't exactly some passionate, die-hard argument. Once again, I was being polite and merely trying to ascertain if Revan somehow had exhibited power I was unaware of.

Either you have some serious issues with being proven wrong or you've had a really bad day. Either way, it kind've contradicts the light-hearted PM I got from you a few weeks ago.

Try to summon the maturity and patience that one would think you've developed as a damn adult.

Janus Marius
I personally thought you leapt all over the comment like a wild animal, tearing it apart when it was apparent that it wasn't a big deal to anyone either way, Escape. You put in your reply six times back-to-back that they're not the same thing, like I'm some sort of idiot, and then of course Lightsnake drops out of hyperspace and says the same damn thing again.

If I sounded a bit put off by your response, it's entirely accurate. This doesn't mean I have "issues" being wrong, or else I wouldn't have admitted it. It simply means that I thought your response was overkill and belittling, despite how polite you thought it to be.

It's one thing to be wrong from time to time, but at least I wasn't viciously defending something I clearly am not the expert on. If you feel you have to tell me six times in a post that two things are different, expect me to be less than thrilled with it.

This shouldn't be a big deal and I don't intend to make it one, but if you intend to treat me like I'm some sort of KMC newbie idiot and dissect my post repeating the same thing that's not polite behavior.

Lightsnake
Heh, sorry, too, Janus, I guess I was just pointing some things out....any reticent irritation is my having dealt with the same subject matter a thousand times before having spent two hours learning all there is to know about the 1700s religious revival from dry textbooks

Gideon
Tearing it apart? Like a wild animal? Those are some very serious accusations, Janus. It leads me to a conclusion and a question. The conclusion is that you've obviously never encountered a 'wild animal' and the question is: what would you compare your own typical nature of tenacious posts that include jabs and insults to?

I told you that they weren't the same thing in the post above the six-point-reiteration, and you didn't accept it then. I'm sorry that you feel like I was treating you like "some sort of idiot" (even though I've made it explicitly clear to everyone -- even during our big fallout -- that you aren't), but it was a point that had to be addressed. I'm less of an expert on Darth Revan than you are; for all I knew, one of the KotoR-era comics detailed him pwning a Republic fleet with a Sidious-varient Force Storm.

Overkill? It seems like it was just-enough-kill. Belittling? That wasn't my intent, and one would think that if I did intend to belittle you, I wouldn't bother offering the possibility that I could have been wrong. I would have simply went in and attacked.

I went through and addressed your entire argument with ultimately the same point. I personally don't care if someone has to reiterate the basic point they're trying to make; especially if I'm wrong. Typically, it gets the thought across better.

Not a big deal? All right. We won't make it one. But it seems that since your return, you end up blowing up in every argument we get into. If you can't control yourself, perhaps you should just not respond to my arguments.

Spartan 063
I would say, the Gungans would win.

reason: Jar Jar would pick up of their grenades and attempt to throw it, and screw up and accidentally injure himself, after doing so Revan would laugh so har that he has a heart attack.

realistically: the Battle would probably be set up like it was in episode I with one change, instead of the droids you have revan. as the Battle starts revan sneezes and accidentally uses force storm on all of the gungans incinerating them.

((The_Anomaly))
Mesa see da stupid thread!! Wooo Whooo!!!

Tortoise Herder
Well well, The Anomaly (aka "Who needs strategy in War? We can always choose which pieces of soil to blow up or which armies to attack via the lottery system or crazy 8's, nevermind which side said territory is occupied by or whose army it is) is once again making extremely stupid comments. To this, I can only say:

Meesa c dumbazz postar woo don't no what da hel he iz talkink about.

But anyway, onto the battle: The Gungan army in Episode I was not expertly led, and they faced a foe that, while not exactly poor (OOM-9 was no Grigory Krulik, let's just say that), but he was hampered by lack of initiative and free will, which would prevent him from being less effective.

Does anyone think that Revan would lack those?

Also, the Trade Federation's Army literally tore the Gungan Grand Army apart with the ferocity of a wildcat in spite of the fact that they were droids (and rather inferior quality droids overall at that), whereas Revan would command a battle-hardened, well-trained, and well-equipped force more than a little bit versed in war and battle.

I would have to say Revan takes this. He may have difficulty breaching the shields if they DO kill organics, but once he does, the game is up, and the Gungans are finished.

Gideon
Where did Anomaly say this? In regards to the Empire vs. Revan? If so, he's right. There comes a point when a group is too well armed and too powerful, that even the most brilliant tactics won't help. That's what fighting the Empire would be like. Except they field tactitions who are even Revan's superior.

Tortoise Herder
Yes Gideon, I KNOW THAT. There is usually a point in time that, like you said, even the best can only die. See Napoleon VS All of Europe in 1813-1814. That fact I would not be stupid about, as eventually sheer numbers will eventually win out. However, where that line to the abyss is, nobody has ever known. And god knows many a general and many an army has felt the stinging impact of reality and defeat after assuming themselves too damned numerous to be broken. See the Austro-Russians at Austerlitz, the Chinese in Korea (both 1894 and 1954), the Umayyands at Constantinople, and several others I can think of with time.

Do I believe that Revan could win in that particular Campaign? No, due to numbers, superior technology in the defenders, and the indisputably good Thrawn (I have no idea which of them, if it ever has been, is the superior to the other, Zahn's boast nonwithstanding, but (even though I am supposidly a "Revan Fanboy"wink I admit that Thrawn WILL be a VERY big problem).

However, if you ever even READ The Anomaly's post, it sounds like a general brushing-aside of strategy and tactics in generally, saying that numbers and technology are really the only factors that decide the course of war. This is both stupid and ignorant for more reasons than I can possibly state, but for a start, I would say this one word: "Cannae."

If you wish to respond about that, then Puh-Lease do it in the thread for that debate.

Right now, this is the Gungan Grand Army VS Revan's Sith Army. And to be quite frank, when a military force collapses like the Gungans did to poor-quality troops who lack independence or free will beyond the guys in the giant ring-ship in orbit, than you have problems. Enough said.

Sith Dude
Revan by himself can slaughter those annoying gungans lmao.
The gungan sheilds are the only advantage the gungans have, and from what I know they can only absorb lasers, but Revan can launch a nuke through it and incinerate the gungans lol, im sure the star forge can create some kind of bomb. If not, like other people have said, Revan's troops can walk through the sheild.

caedusrulesall
If the Trade Federation can subjugate the Gungans, Revan's Sith can surely do much much more.

Revan pounds the energy shield with ship blaster cannons, then sends a ton of Sith soldiers to kill the Gungans.

Casualties:
Gungans: Entire army, technology and creatures
Revan's Sith: Maybe a Sith soldier or two. Not much at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.