The Devil offers you superpowers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
with a catch of course. Every power comes with a curse or limitation. Which one would you choose, or would you refuse the devil's offer?

1. Have Superman's powers...but you will die if you are exposed to ANY sunlight!

2. Have Spiderman's powers...but insects around the globe will be attracted to you and come to you!

3. Have Colossus' powers...but you will always be in metal form and lose all your sensations of touch!

4. Have Xavier's powers...but you will have no control over when, who, and how many people's minds you read!

5. Have Wolverine's powers...but you will NEVER die! (Think carefully before you choose this one)

6. Refuse the Devil's offer and be content with your own life!

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2635/184306-mephisto_400.jpg

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
with a catch of course. Every power comes with a curse or limitation. Which one would you choose, or would you refuse the devil's offer?

1. Have Superman's powers...but you will die if you are exposed to ANY sunlight!

2. Have Spiderman's powers...but insects around the globe will be attracted to you and come to you!

3. Have Colossus' powers...but you will always be in metal form and lose all your sensations of touch!

4. Have Xavier's powers...but you will have no control over when, who, and how many people's minds you read!

5. Have Wolverine's powers...but you will NEVER die! (Think carefully before you choose this one)

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2635/184306-mephisto_400.jpg Spiderman's....or Wolverines. all the others suck. no expression

TricksterPriest

Well.....given that it's Mephisto giving out the powers, I'm gonna back out. He never gives a fair deal. stick out tongue

If I had to pick, Superman's powers. It means you're restricted abit, but it's workable. Oh wait...........no space travel. sad I'll go with Spiderman. big grin

masterbruce

masterbruce
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Well.....given that it's Mephisto giving out the powers, I'm gonna back out. He never gives a fair deal. stick out tongue

If I had to pick, Superman's powers. It means you're restricted abit, but it's workable. Oh wait...........no space travel. sad I'll go with Spiderman. big grin

How would you deal with millions of bugs following you whereever you go?

NiņoAraņa
I don't know man, I think Wolverine's is the worst curse. You can NEVER die....EVER.

When our planet dies in a billion years, you'll be floating around in space...lonely and miserable for eternity. well Spider-man's was my firstOriginally posted by masterbruce
How would you deal with millions of bugs following you whereever you go? meh, i'll deal. i'll use them against crime stick out tongue

Soljer
Use them against crime? He said they follow you, not obey you.

And Superman's powers aren't powers.

Where does he get his power? The very thing that kills him? erm.

tjcoady
Spiderman's is probably the best option. just use lots and lots and lots of bug spray. the other ones are much worth.

lando005
i would be spidy one of his newer powers he gained right before the other that marvel seems to have forgotten is that he is able to communicate with arachnids i can use that to my advantage the rest i'll lure into a trap

Badabing
1. No

2. The best option but still no.

3. Hell NO! No touch = no fun with women.

4. No, there are enough voices in my head....dur

5. Nah, immortality would get boring. Plus, as MB said, being around for billions of years.

6. Yes.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Use them against crime? He said they follow you, not obey you.

And Superman's powers aren't powers.

Where does he get his power? The very thing that kills him? erm.

for superman's powers, you get his powers without his need for sunlight...in fact, you have to avoid it at all costs

tjcoady
Originally posted by lando005
i would be spidy one of his newer powers he gained right before the other that marvel seems to have forgotten is that he is able to communicate with arachnids i can use that to my advantage the rest i'll lure into a trap

arachnaids are not insects.

Soljer
Originally posted by tjcoady
arachnaids are not insects.

But Spidey can communicate with spiders. Lando is saying that he'd communicate with spiders to set up a trap, and then lead all the insects to said trap.

However, just BEING Spidey would destroy the world. Ecosystems DEPEND on insects. If they're all trying to get to you, the ecosystems around them fail.

SnazzySmurph
All the options decrease your quality of life way too much to be plausible choices.

In a comic scenario, this could possibly work, but only because Mephisto would offer something like Colossus or Wolverine's powers to someone senseless with lust for power... not something you find too often on KMC.

Morridini
Wolverine all the way.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
All the options decrease your quality of life way too much to be plausible choices.

In a comic scenario, this could possibly work, but only because Mephisto would offer something like Colossus or Wolverine's powers to someone senseless with lust for power... not something you find too often on KMC.

That, and most of the posters on here know that one of Mephisto's main MOs is a crooked deal. laughing

lando005
But Spidey can communicate with spiders. Lando is saying that he'd communicate with spiders to set up a trap, and then lead all the insects to said trap.

However, just BEING Spidey would destroy the world. Ecosystems DEPEND on insects. If they're all trying to get to you, the ecosystems around them fail. not what i had in mind but i like your idea better..... and i just thought of something else if i'm spidy do i get my clones? that should offset the bug problem

grey fox
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph

....you called ?

Wolverines for me , I fear death.

Alfheim

Id turn down the offer other being exist and other sources exist that can give you powers.

willRules
I'd refuse. I mean, come on its a deal with Satan, how stupid can you be to deal with a guy that's such an idiot, he's opposed to God?

DigiMark007
I'd kick Mephisto's ass (that whiny piece of crap) or try to esoterically confuse him a la Adam Warlock. Then I'd give myself any powers I wanted.

no expression

WrathfulDwarf

Are you serious? Go ask Jason Blood how happy he is living with Etrigan for all eternity.

Oh great Kirby! You trully were wise.

ExodusCloak

I'd go with this one, the con isn't so bad if you can vegetise everyone on the planet for a few hours and then switch their minds back on when you're bored.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I'd go with this one, the con isn't so bad if you can vegetise everyone on the planet for a few hours and then switch their minds back on when you're bored.

Gamemaster lives with that omnipathy somehow.

grey fox

Good point there.

Supermanluv

Whoah you invented an new character. Albino man !

lordboo
id take wolverine powers if you can never die ,you can do what the hell you want and nobody could stop you.

Endless Mike
None of them, don't trust the devil.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Endless Mike
None of them, don't trust the devil. sucker haermm

batdude123

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by batdude123
Devil worshiper. haermm i least i'll get superpowers.....

go fly away with your towel cape haermm

batdude123
Yeah, well have fun with trillions of insects surrounding you your whole life. laughing

NiņoAraņa
Yeah, well have fun with trillions of insects surrounding you your whole life. laughing i'll make sure to swing by your house, maybe stop in.

haermm

ExodusCloak
You'd think Mephisto would be more interested in souls...how about a trade. I sell someone elses soul to him for powers with no strings attached.

NiņoAraņa
You'd think Mephisto would be more interested in souls...how about a trade. I sell someone elses soul to him for powers with no strings attached. you don't own someone else's soul. not yours to sell. confused

ExodusCloak

TheSentry
None.

The people who say live forever. You would be crazy from living so long. Also when the world explodes can you imagine just staying there in space. In pain maybe as well? Wolverines is the worst I think.

Also Xaviers would be bad, can you imagine accidentally picking up thoughts of your nan or something thinking about sex etc. None all the way.

Soljer
Originally posted by lordboo
id take wolverine powers if you can never die ,you can do what the hell you want and nobody could stop you.
The rest of eternity imprisoned kinda sucks.

Right up till the Earth explodes. Then floating around in space kinda sucks. Till the big crunch, I suppose.

Then chilling for eternity with or without a new big bang would, still, kinda suck.

NiņoAraņa
The rest of eternity imprisoned kinda sucks.

Right up till the Earth explodes. Then floating around in space kinda sucks. Till the big crunch, I suppose.

Then chilling for eternity with or without a new big bang would, still, kinda suck. who says the earth will explode? the sun will go nova and engulf us before then.....

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
That'd take quite a while. Considering the mapped paths of asteroids that orbit the sun, one colliding with the Earth before the sun goes is MUCH more likely. eh, right right, i thought you meant earth spontaniously exploding. lol.

Symmetric Chaos
#3 The sense of touch is overrated.

NiņoAraņa
What if I get someone drunk and then get them to sign it off to me? that'd be prep time. none of that stick out tongue

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

you really think so?

Symmetric Chaos
you really think so?

Maybe embarrasment

Soljer

Orgasm.

Nuff said.

Symmetric Chaos
Orgasm.

Nuff said.

On the other end of the spectrum is torture.

masterbruce
yeah, because most people will experience torture in their lives roll eyes (sarcastic)

Martian_mind
Well,there are a lot of married people....

Soljer

Hmmm...

I've orgasmed hundreds and hundreds of times in my life. I don't believe I've ever been the subject of torture.

Beyond that, the tactile sense is used very often in grappling (something I LOVE doing), in balance, and, the fact of the matter is, being immune to pain really isn't a boon. Pain is a natural warning response - it warns you of tissue damage.

And, you'd be stuck as steel your entire life.

I mean, if you're willing to give up some of the most mindblowing experiences known to man for a little strength and durability....

Symmetric Chaos
yeah, because most people will experience torture in their lives roll eyes (sarcastic)

People who make bargains with the devil and end up with Superhuman powers in a world where no one else has them would have far more opportunity.

Hmmm...

I've orgasmed hundreds and hundreds of times in my life. I don't believe I've ever been the subject of torture.

Beyond that, the tactile sense is used very often in grappling (something I LOVE doing), in balance, and, the fact of the matter is, being immune to pain really isn't a boon. Pain is a natural warning response - it warns you of tissue damage.

And, you'd be stuck as steel your entire life.

I mean, if you're willing to give up some of the most mindblowing experiences known to man for a little strength and durability....

If I had a body made a steel, tissue damage would not be a common problem.

As for the rest srug

H. S. 6
I'd choose Xavier's power, control the Devil's mind, and then give myself Superman's powers, but the correct ones with no limitations.

Problem solved. big grin

Dinalfos
Superman's powers: meh, too restrictive.

Spidey's powers: and be stalked/haunted/chased by every motherfookin' wasp, killer bee and hornet on the planet? Yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Colossus' powers: I'll take it in a second. I may look horrible, but people will get used to that. And touch is indeed overrated.

Xavier's powers: sounds like major headache.

Wolverine's powers: I'll look normal and live forever, but if somebody, for some reason, decides to dispose of me in the classic Italian way (cement!) then I'm royally screwed for all eternity. Brrr....

Turning down the offer: since mr Devil can't be trusted, turning him down doesn't seem like a very good idea.

janus77

gotta be 6. not one of them is at all remotely attractive.

batdude123

Originally posted by Dinalfos
Superman's powers: meh, too restrictive.

Spidey's powers: and be stalked/haunted/chased by every motherfookin' wasp, killer bee and hornet on the planet? Yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Colossus' powers: I'll take it in a second. I may look horrible, but people will get used to that. And touch is indeed overrated.

Xavier's powers: sounds like major headache.

Wolverine's powers: I'll look normal and live forever, but if somebody, for some reason, decides to dispose of me in the classic Italian way (cement!) then I'm royally screwed for all eternity. Brrr....

Turning down the offer: since mr Devil can't be trusted, turning him down doesn't seem like a very good idea.

It's easy to see who the virgins of this board are...

NiņoAraņa
It's easy to see who the virgins of this board are... haermm

irony. lookaround

batdude123

batdude123
Oh, and just so Symmetric Chaos and Dinalfos don't get shitty, I'll go ahead and add a stick out tongue to this post:

It's easy to see who the virgins of this board are... stick out tongue

NiņoAraņa
And this assumption is based on? pure jackassery. haermm

zbucsz
he goes one he offers u ull have the biggest penis, but u can never get it up who u do it?

batdude123
Originally posted by zbucsz
he goes one he offers u ull have the biggest penis, but u can never get it up who u do it?

**** that shit.

Soljer
**** that shit.

No, you wouldn't. no expression.

batdude123
No, you wouldn't. no expression.

Are you saying you'd want to have the biggest dick in the world without being able to get it hard?

Like I said, **** that shit.

NiņoAraņa
Are you saying you'd want to have the biggest dick in the world without being able to get it hard?

Like I said, **** that shit. no he's saying since you wouldn't be able to get it up, you wouldn't be able to **** it.

it's a pun, son, keep up now, i say keep up.

batdude123
Shut it, asswipe! no expression

Soljer
Glad Nino got it.

batdude123
Well a fish in dPanama got it too/.

So?

NiņoAraņa
Well a fish in dPanama got it too/.

So? typos ftw. no expression

batdude123
typos always win, sucka!

H. S. 6
**** that shit.

No. No. Don't do that. You'll get an infection.

Don't do that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.