The Theory Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
This is the thread where you can post questions about anything that's happened so far in the series, speculate what's going to happen in the future, and so on and so forth.

I'll get it started:

Who is this new villain that Molly mentioned in the final episode?
Does Angela Petrelli have an ability? What is it?
How does Charles Deveaux talk to Peter?
Are either Peter or Nathan still alive?
What was the function of the old "Justice League"? What was the catalyst for their failures?
What will Hiro discover in feudal Japan?

Just some starters. Go For it!

Tattoo
Originally posted by Strangelove
This is the thread where you can post questions about anything that's happened so far in the series, speculate what's going to happen in the future, and so on and so forth.

I'll get it started:

What was the function of the old "Justice League"? What was the catalyst for their failures?

I'll start with Angela Petrelli...

I'm 100% certain she has powers of her own. What they are? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's have some fun with it then.

Maybe she has an ability to mess with electricity. Soak up energy from power outlets or lights, then shoot bolts of electricity out. Kind of like the Sith in Star Wars.

As for Peter and Nathan, yeah...they are both alive. I'm 100% sure on this as well. Will they be alive past the season opener though, that's the question...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Tattoo

I'm 100% certain she has powers of her own. What they are? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's have some fun with it then.

Maybe she has an ability to mess with electricity. Soak up energy from power outlets or lights, then shoot bolts of electricity out. Kind of like the Sith in Star Wars.

As for Peter and Nathan, yeah...they are both alive. I'm 100% sure on this as well. Will they be alive past the season opener though, that's the question... Interesting. Another question I had is whether the Petrelli's father had an ability. It certainly didn't seem so in the graphic novel about how Petrelli and Linderman met (in Vietnam). And if Kaito Nakamura is in the Justice League, does he have an ability? Or was he just in it because of his affiliation with "The Company"?

Tattoo
Interesting. Another question I had is whether the Petrelli's father had an ability. It certainly didn't seem so in the graphic novel about how Petrelli and Linderman met (in Vietnam). And if Kaito Nakamura is in the Justice League, does he have an ability? Or was he just in it because of his affiliation with "The Company"?

I've yet to read all the graphic novels (I'm doing so now, to lead up to the premiere), so I can't really say so yet. But then again you might now have seen anything because they didn't want you to see anything. It might be one of Season 2's shockers.

I'm guessing Kaito has a power, I mean Kaito has been expecting the ascension of a Nakamura, which means he knows that power runs in the Nakamura family. He himself was a part of the "Justice League" and his family is associated with having power in the blood line.

Strangelove
I was thinking that that the Nakamura family descends from Takezo Kensei

Tattoo
I was thinking that that the Nakamura family descends from Takezo Kensei

I know there were theories floating around that Mr. Nakamura himself was Takezo. I felt that there was a possibility that Mr. Nakamura shares the same type of power that Hiro has and can travel through time. I'm guessing this is false though because we have seen pictures of the man playing Takezo in the new season.

Strangelove
So you're 100% on both Petrellis being alive? I agree about Peter, but Nathan? I dunno, man.

Tattoo
So you're 100% on both Petrellis being alive? I agree about Peter, but Nathan? I dunno, man.

Yes, Nathan too.

Strangelove
Yes, Nathan too. how do you reason that?

Tattoo
how do you reason that?

My theory is that when he flew Peter up to a high enough point where if Peter exploded the city would be safe, he tossed Peter away and flew away at supersonic speeds. However from the intense heat and radiation from Peter, Nathan probably got hurt badly and is dying as of now, but still alive in the season opener.

Strangelove
My theory is that when he flew Peter up to a high enough point where if Peter exploded the city would be safe, he tossed Peter away and flew away at supersonic speeds. However from the intense heat and radiation from Peter, Nathan probably got hurt badly and is dying as of now, but still alive in the season opener. He seemed so ready to sacrifice himself though.

Tattoo
He seemed so ready to sacrifice himself though.

Yeah, I could be ready to sacrifice myself too, but if there were a surefire way to save everyone and myself...you better be damn sure I'm going to go that route.

Strangelove
Yeah, I could be ready to sacrifice myself too, but if there were a surefire way to save everyone and myself...you better be damn sure I'm going to go that route. True. But from the way he gave himself up to save the world....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chicken out. And that was pretty powerful, seeing as he thought the bomb was inevitable anyway.

Tattoo
True. But from the way he gave himself up to save the world....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chicken out. And that was pretty powerful, seeing as he thought the bomb was inevitable anyway.

Who says he chickened out? We don't even know how high up they were when it exploded. For all we know they were up towards the reaches of space and what we saw was really a humongous explosion, but seemed smaller from the ground. Nathan would know Peter was more than far enough away and could get away to safety knowing that everyone else was safe too.

Strangelove
Who says he chickened out? We don't even know how high up they were when it exploded. For all we know they were up towards the reaches of space and what we saw was really a humongous explosion, but seemed smaller from the ground. Nathan would know Peter was more than far enough away and could get away to safety knowing that everyone else was safe too. I suppose. I have reservations.

Tattoo
I suppose. I have reservations.

We'll see pretty damn soon. yes

Strangelove
Another question: Will we hear from Claire's pyrokinetic mother again?

Tattoo
Another question: Will we hear from Claire's pyrokinetic mother again?

I'm not sure. I can't presently think of a reason for her to show up...but then again I don't know what the writers have planned.

My guess is going to be that she won't show up...this season. Maybe next season.

Strangelove
I'm not sure. I can't presently think of a reason for her to show up...but then again I don't know what the writers have planned.

My guess is going to be that she won't show up...this season. Maybe next season. I think she'll resurface at some point.

S_D_J

I'll get it started:

I'll give my guesses by quoting

As for Peter and Nathan, yeah...they are both alive. I'm 100% sure on this as well. Will they be alive past the season opener though, that's the question...

I think it's safe to say that Angela has powers, we've seen that if one of the parents has an ability it's certain to say that they're children will have an ability too, with the occasional exceptions.

I don't think, however, that Angela controls electricity, that power belongs to Kristen Bell' character, and I don't think they repeat powers (in the same timeline that is)
what's her power? I don't' know, must be cool though

It's really safe to assume that both Peter and Nathan are alive (seen in the promos), the question is: which one of them will remain alive?

My theory is that when he flew Peter up to a high enough point where if Peter exploded the city would be safe, he tossed Peter away and flew away at supersonic speeds. However from the intense heat and radiation from Peter, Nathan probably got hurt badly and is dying as of now, but still alive in the season opener.

that's a pretty good guess. It's been said that one of the char. whose life was in danger in the finale, will not make it this season, early this season actually. DL could be the one dying, since he isn't a regular anymore, but he could just go into hiding, just as Jessica would, leaving Micah with his grandma.

but... Peter was alive in the future, unlike his brother who was killed by Sylar, so Nathan's life it's pretty much in danger as I see it, I think he will be the one dying early this season... could be wrong though

another thing that makes me think Nathan won't survive it's that:
Claire's new boyfriend has the ability to fly, this could be just to make her feel comfortable, being with someone who's a freak like her, and has the exact same power his father has....or
...it could be that the Company put him with her to influence her and like I said they don't repeat powers erm

Interesting. Another question I had is whether the Petrelli's father had an ability. It certainly didn't seem so in the graphic novel about how Petrelli and Linderman met (in Vietnam). And if Kaito Nakamura is in the Justice League, does he have an ability? Or was he just in it because of his affiliation with "The Company"?

I don't think he ever had an ability, he said he would hate anyone who's a freak (has superpowers), which makes his desicion to marry Angela rather puzzling,

and Kaito, He must have an ability, or at least he's one hell of fighter using the katana. He demonstrated that teaching Hiro, and in one of the latest webcomics, he intimidated a bunch of bikers just by showing up with a sword on his hand

who's the new villain, I still think it's Kensei... other than that, I'm out of options

How did Devaux talk with Peter? don't know, maybe he has reverse hiro power, he can bring people from other time, to his time. maybe it was a dream, like that indian kid. Peter never move from where he fainted, he was like it all happened in his head, yet he was real, to some extend.

Charles seem to know the future, but since the future was changed,how did he knew who could change it? he had faith in Peter, I think he saw his potential. Maybe he could move in and out of different time plains, that way he knew Peter was the one, not Nathan

why I say Peter was real, because he was invisible, no one else would see him because of that, except for Charles, who knew Peter was there and also knew he was invisible

what will Hiro discover? Kensei was a white guy, and as a white guy, he sucked at the katana ( except for obviously Tom Cruise roll eyes (sarcastic) )
he needs to change the past, to be the past he always been told about, plus the Princess falls in love with him, rather than with Kensei

should I use spoiler tags in this thread or not?

Strangelove
Don't bother using spoiler tags. Because no one would come in here who hasn't watched the series.

And they're annoying.

S_D_J
OK big grin

so...

Does Sylar actually eats brain?, or does he studies them to find what makes them tick?... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope that one's never explained... it's a good mistery to keep on the show big grin

Captain REX
I think Sylar eats brains, using his cryokinesis to make brain smoothies.

Talk about brain freeze.

For Angela Petrelli, I believe that she'll have a power that's more manipulative and subtle, due to her nature in the last show.

For Kaito Nakamura, he'd better have something kickass. I want to see some removal-of-face-by-katana from him, or something equally awesome.

Strangelove
After re-watching "Company Man", I have another question: Claude was hitlisted because he was hiding someone with abilities. Who was it? A new character? Someone we've already met? The new villain that Molly can't find?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
I think Sylar eats brains, using his cryokinesis to make brain smoothies.

Talk about brain freeze.

laughing

For Angela Petrelli, I believe that she'll have a power that's more manipulative and subtle, due to her nature in the last show.

For Kaito Nakamura, he'd better have something kickass. I want to see some removal-of-face-by-katana from him, or something equally awesome.

At least Kaito shows up in "4 months later", I hope we finally see his power

After re-watching "Company Man", I have another question: Claude was hitlisted because he was hiding someone with abilities. Who was it? A new character? Someone we've already met? The new villain that Molly can't find?

your guess is as good as mine

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
your guess is as good as mine Well this thread is for theories, after all 313

Mairuzu
Lol Hiro is gunna find Inuyasha and Kagome and they are gunna fight naraku!

but on a serious note...

I'm thinking an ancestor with an ability and his sword, and maybe the sword origin

Captain REX
Hmm. I've heard that we're going to find out who Claude was hiding, but I forget where.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about an Irish mobster who's more or less ancient?

Strangelove
One the irish mobster: http://boards.9thwonders.com/index.php?showtopic=58081

Mairuzu
True. But from the way he gave himself up to save the world....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chicken out. And that was pretty powerful, seeing as he thought the bomb was inevitable anyway.

I was thinking...

maybe peter pushed him off as he was flying him up... so nathan wouldnt die...

even though nathan is pretty much doomed from radiation anyways

Captain REX
I think all of New York would be doomed by that radiation...

Strangelove
I dunno, there seems to be a suspension of radiation poisoning in the series so far: In "Company Man", Bennet, Thompson, and Parkman all got huge blasts of it.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I was thinking...

maybe peter pushed him off as he was flying him up... so nathan wouldnt die...

even though nathan is pretty much doomed from radiation anyways Or maybe Nathan flew with enough speed and just flung Peter out of the atmosphere, keeping himself in and quickly flying away.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Captain REX
Perhaps Ted's active radioactive explosions don't put off radiation? He does put it off subconsciously, which is what killed his wife and all the grass around him at her grave. The first was over a long period of time, of course.

That, or the Company has a means of curing radiation poisoning...

Strangelove
I'm watching ".07%", and after I go to the point where Linderman says "And some of my friends lost their way." I thought, which ones lost their way? Angela Petrelli, Mr. Petrelli, Kaito Nakamura, Charles Deveaux, etc....which ones lost their way?

Perhaps this new villain, the one Molly Walker can't find, was part of the "Justice League"?

Strangelove
Perhaps Ted's active radioactive explosions don't put off radiation? He does put it off subconsciously, which is what killed his wife and all the grass around him at her grave. The first was over a long period of time, of course.

That, or the Company has a means of curing radiation poisoning... So what you're saying is that he can only produce toxic radiation subconsciously, not actively?

That doesn't make sense.

InnerRise
So what you're saying is that he can only produce toxic radiation subconsciously, not actively?

That doesn't make sense. No, he just wasn't in complete control of his powers and couldn't control all aspects of it to the fullest extent.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Tattoo
Originally posted by InnerRise
No, he just wasn't in complete control of his powers and couldn't control all aspects of it to the fullest extent.

That wouldn't be of any help to Peter because he had no control over the powers either.

Madvillain
To answer one of the questions, I think Charles and Peter were on the Astral Plane. I think Charles exists as an Astral Body.

Captain REX
So what you're saying is that he can only produce toxic radiation subconsciously, not actively?

That doesn't make sense.

Nope! But otherwise, most characters in Heroes should now be dead or dying...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Madvillain
To answer one of the questions, I think Charles and Peter were on the Astral Plane. I think Charles exists as an Astral Body. This is not a comic book universe, fanboy. This is the real world.Originally posted by Captain REX
Nope! But otherwise, most characters in Heroes should now be dead or dying... But my question was why Parkman, Bennet and Thompson (who all got huge blasts of radiation in "Company Man"wink aren't radiation poisoned.

And the female FBI agent, too (her name escapes me). She was exposed to it when interrogating Ted Sprague.

Captain REX
I forget as well. She disappeared from the season for too long for me to remember her well...

I honestly can't say why they aren't poisoned. It'd be interesting for someone to try explaining that, but I'm no scientist.

Okay, looks like the Bennetts and Sylar are going at it again next season, seeing from the preview trailer on Myspace.

Strangelove
Okay, Peter Petrelli in the Season premiere. We find him in Ireland, with no memory and wearing necklace with The Symbol on it. He also has the power to generate electricity.

My theories: Peter just has amnesia. I don't like the theory that the Hatian erased his memory, because then we know that he can't get those back.

And he absorbed the electricity ability from the character in the two part "Blackout" graphic novels. Or maybe from his mother, like Ken theorized.

And Maya and Alejandro, a brother and sister who attempt to escape to America to try and reach Chandra Suresh (good luck). What we know is that Maya's ability kills everyone in a certain radius, and Alejandro's cancels it out.

I think that it's ultrasonic waves that destroy the organs in the body, causing the black liquid (seen in the episode and in the graphic novel "Maya y Alejandro"wink. And Alejandro absorbs those.

Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli both receive death notices, presumably from one of their old "Justice League". At the end of the episode, Kaito is thrown off the edge of a building by the killer. Not including Charles Deveaux, Mr. Petrelli and Mr. Linderman, there are now 8 of the JL left.

It's natural to assume that the killer is the new villain that is now haunting Molly Walker's dreams. But I'm not so sure. We'll see.

And Ken reminded me that there will be an episode that explains what has happened in these past four months, so we will get our answers.

Strangelove
Also, I think that Mohinder will come to realize that Noah Bennet's goal to bring down The Company is wrong, and will side with it.

Strangelove
I've changed my mind on the memory thing. Ken convinced me that it's possible the Haitian did in fact erase his memory.

Tattoo
Also, I think that Mohinder will come to realize that Noah Bennet's goal to bring down The Company is wrong, and will side with it.

This I'm not too sure about. The Company seems like they want Mohinder to see it in a good light, but we've already seen the way they go about things, they are dangerous.

Okay, Peter Petrelli in the Season premiere. We find him in Ireland, with no memory and wearing necklace with The Symbol on it. He also has the power to generate electricity.

My theories: Peter just has amnesia. I don't like the theory that the Hatian erased his memory, because then we know that he can't get those back.

And he absorbed the electricity ability from the character in the two part "Blackout" graphic novels. Or maybe from his mother, like Ken theorized.

And Maya and Alejandro, a brother and sister who attempt to escape to America to try and reach Chandra Suresh (good luck). What we know is that Maya's ability kills everyone in a certain radius, and Alejandro's cancels it out.

I think that it's ultrasonic waves that destroy the organs in the body, causing the black liquid (seen in the episode and in the graphic novel "Maya y Alejandro"wink. And Alejandro absorbs those.

Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli both receive death notices, presumably from one of their old "Justice League". At the end of the episode, Kaito is thrown off the edge of a building by the killer. Not including Charles Deveaux, Mr. Petrelli and Mr. Linderman, there are now 8 of the JL left.

It's natural to assume that the killer is the new villain that is now haunting Molly Walker's dreams. But I'm not so sure. We'll see.

And Ken reminded me that there will be an episode that explains what has happened in these past four months, so we will get our answers.

Points taken...now, counter points. mwahaha

It is not just amnesia, the Haitian HAS to have something to do with Peter's predicament, as evidenced by the necklace around his neck. The Haitian erased his memory and left him in the shipping container. Is the Haitian bad or good? We don't know yet, but my theory is that he's good and is actually going to help Peter in the long run.

The electricity, I still say his mom has this power and that's how he might have gotten it. This is probably wrong though, and I'll recant my theory if that time comes. stick out tongue

That character from the "Blackout" novels, how would Peter have come into contact with him? Mohinder sent him off to the middle of nowhere with no electricity around him. No one could have found him...unless...when Peter exploded he was near that shack, the electric man found him and nursed him back to health. shrug I'm on the fence here because I'm stretching things a bit.

Maya's power...it seems kind of like the Black Plague, I could be wrong, I didn't head to the Wiki page for it to look up symptoms. And I agree that Alejandro cancels her power out. They are twins with powers that work together.

I'm 100% certain that the man haunting Molly is the same man that just knocked off Mr. Nakamura. So we agree on this issue as well.

Captain REX
My theory is that Kaito's killer is not the one from Molly's nightmares. I could mistaken, but Kaito's killer seemed to be feeling around, almost as if he was blind. Wouldn't fit with a villain with scary eyes.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but one of the new characters to the show will be a woman working for the Company, who has the ability of electromagnetivity. I think this may be the source of Peter's new power.

My own personally theory on Maya and Alejandro is that Maya emits some sort of defensive "virus," infecting those within a certain radius and killing them, like a plague. Alejandro serves as an antidote of sorts.

Tattoo
My theory is that Kaito's killer is not the one from Molly's nightmares. I could mistaken, but Kaito's killer seemed to be feeling around, almost as if he was blind. Wouldn't fit with a villain with scary eyes.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but one of the new characters to the show will be a woman working for the Company, who has the ability of electromagnetivity. I think this may be the source of Peter's new power.

My own personally theory on Maya and Alejandro is that Maya emits some sort of defensive "virus," infecting those within a certain radius and killing them, like a plague. Alejandro serves as an antidote of sorts.

New theory based on your "blind man" thoughts. Molly only sees his eyes it seems, he's always searching in the dark of dreams and nightmares...he can't use his eyes in the real world. shrug Just a thought.

Strangelove
I'm 100% certain that the man haunting Molly is the same man that just knocked off Mr. Nakamura. So we agree on this issue as well. I wouldn't say that we agree, I just think it's natural to assume as much. It could easily not be.

Tattoo
I wouldn't say that we agree, I just think it's natural to assume as much. It could easily not be.

You think it is, I think it is...we agree. We could be wrong though. stick out tongue

Strangelove
You think it is, I think it is...we agree. We could be wrong though. stick out tongue Most definitely

Strangelove
I was reading this description on yamagatofellowship.org:
And it struck me: Hiro is the Dragon of Kiso Mountain.

Madvillain
This is not a comic book universe, fanboy. This is the real world.

Are you completely retarded or do you work at having inferior cognitive capabilities? You mean the same 'real world' where someone can obtain powers by splitting someone's head open, or the same 'real world' where a 15 year old girl can be completely flayed by a biochemical blast and heal instantaneously, or the 'real world' where people can stop time? Did you actually think you were being clever and making sense? You are quite dim and it would be a great justice to humanity if you would kill yourself. smile I'm being serious here. I don't advocate suicide, but in your case...

Wow I'm still in awe at how stupid what you said was. The audacity lol...

Madvillain
lol@ thinking having a real-life setting makes any of their abilities any less absurd.

kill your stupid self.

Tattoo
Are you completely retarded or do you work at having inferior cognitive capabilities? You mean the same 'real world' where someone can obtain powers by splitting someone's head open, or the same 'real world' where a 15 year old girl can be completely flayed by a biochemical blast and heal instantaneously, or the 'real world' where people can stop time? Did you actually think you were being clever and making sense? You are quite dim and it would be a great justice to humanity if you would kill yourself. smile I'm being serious here. I don't advocate suicide, but in your case...

Wow I'm still in awe at how stupid what you said was. The audacity lol...

Reported for trolling. smile

Madvillain
Reported for trolling. smile

Good for you.

But I think any moderator with a grain of intelligence will see the stark idiocy in his comment, and understand why it deserved that reaction. How hypocritically dumb can one person get?

It's great to see you sticking up for your boyfriend though. Here's a dancing banana to keep you busy..

Happy Dance

Enjoy.

Tattoo
Good for you.

But I think any moderator with a grain of intelligence will see the stark idiocy in his comment, and understand why it deserved that reaction. How hypocritically dumb can one person get?

It's great to see you sticking up for your boyfriend though. Here's a dancing banana to keep you busy..

Happy Dance

Enjoy.

Any moderator with half a brain cell will see how his comment deserves nothing but a rebuttal from someone who knows how to debate. Not some douche bag who relies on insulting someone because they can't make a counter argument to prove their point.

Captain REX
Madvillain, Heroes is set in the real world, as if it were really happening. That is the aim of the show. Of course it's fictionalized, it's a TV show about people evolving to have super powers. But the premises of the show is that they are doing all this in the real world.

The rest of your comments are out of line, so consider yourself warned. Next time will be a week-long ban for you.

Strangelove

Wow I'm still in awe at how stupid what you said was. The audacity lol... Ummm....wow. Not only are you a mean-spirited assh*le, but you actually suggested that I commit suicide. You're a monster, plain and simple. I know you already got warned, but I'm reporting this again, just to spite you. You are the epitome of a horrible person.

What I meant when I said what I said was that the story is set in the real world, i.e. no Astral Plane.

Way to overreact. thumbsup

Captain REX
I dealt with it, Strangelove. ermm

Strangelove
I dealt with it, Strangelove. ermm Yes, I know. You dealt with it before I even saw it, though. Since it was a comment directed toward me, I felt I had a right to put in my two cents.

But I'm probably wrong.

Captain REX
I would be rather pissed.

Ken, your theory regarding the Haitian is supported by Tim Absath of Ctrl+Alt+Del fame. He thinks that perhaps Angela Petrelli, since the Haitian showed an allegiance there, ordered the Haitian to wipe Peter clean.

Now, any theories on Nathan? How did he get away from the explosion?

http://heroes-pictures.com/albums/captures/2x01/730.jpg

InnerRise
I don't think he got away from it.

In the image above I think that's how he may actually look and somehow he's got an illusion up covering his burns.

Strangelove
Originally posted by InnerRise
I don't think he got away from it.

In the image above I think that's how he may actually look and somehow he's got an illusion up covering his burns.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I think it's more likely that this self-image that he has is a manifestation of his guilt for losing Peter. It's not real.

Entity
I would be rather pissed.

Ken, your theory regarding the Haitian is supported by Tim Absath of Ctrl+Alt+Del fame. He thinks that perhaps Angela Petrelli, since the Haitian showed an allegiance there, ordered the Haitian to wipe Peter clean.

Now, any theories on Nathan? How did he get away from the explosion?

http://heroes-pictures.com/albums/captures/2x01/730.jpg That exactly what I was thinking last night at work. That Angela had the Haitian erase Peter's memories because, 1, he was becoming to powerful and needs to be contained by some means. 2, She'd rather it be by them erasing his memories and having people thinking he's dead than the company or another power player terminating him. And 3, she probably doesn't want him to know she was willing to let him kill millions of people.

I'm betting Elle works for her too. wink

As for Nathan, again, he chickened out at the last minute and threw Peter and flew the other direction. Thing is thou, that's really not that bad an idea for him. I mean I don't hate Nathan but as many of you already know I'm not really a fan of his and don't like him much but, I can actually totally accept him doing that thinking Peter was far enough away to harm anyone as still almost as noble an act. I mean Peter can heal and if he rest of the world is safe why continue to risk yourself if there's really no need for it. I like seeing Nathan have to finally come face to face with his own demons seriously. I think by the end of this season we could actually have a worthy hero out of him. smile

InnerRise
He could always turn evil though.

Tattoo
New theory my brother came up with:

He thinks that with the revelation of Kensei's power, he might actually be an ancestor to Claire and her birth mom. I mean, they are all blond which helps this theory.

Strangelove
New theory my brother came up with:

He thinks that with the revelation of Kensei's power, he might actually be an ancestor to Claire and her birth mom. I mean, they are all blond which helps this theory. Yeah, I thought of that almost immediately.

Captain REX
I was only slightly disappointed by Kensei's ability, but it's fitting for a warrior.

Also, it could possibly fit with the story of Kensei cutting out his own heart to save his princess, as told in Season One. As Claire theorized, it may be possible to regenerate whole organs that have been removed, so why not cut out your own heart then grow a new one?

Strangelove
I was only slightly disappointed by Kensei's ability, but it's fitting for a warrior.

Also, it could possibly fit with the story of Kensei cutting out his own heart to save his princess, as told in Season One. As Claire theorized, it may be possible to regenerate whole organs that have been removed, so why not cut out your own heart then grow a new one? eek! Well reasoned

S_D_J

Also, it could possibly fit with the story of Kensei cutting out his own heart to save his princess, as told in Season One. As Claire theorized, it may be possible to regenerate whole organs that have been removed, so why not cut out your own heart then grow a new one?

dunno about that, though... Originally posted by Strangelove
eek! Well reasoned

I'm really confused to whether believe if such thing is possible or not.
I mean, sure she/he can cut out their arms and it'll grow back, but internal organs.... dunno

I mean, if it were possible, then Sylar taking Claire's brain wouldn't kill her, and it looks that she will die if Sylar it's to take her power....
maybe she doesn't die, her brain grows back and she's too ashamed to show up again.... or maybe her brain it's the only thing that can't regenerate

btw: i dont think spoilertags are needed when discussing this matter...

Strangelove
If it can be done with external limbs, then it can be done with internal organs.

The skin is an organ, after all.

But you're right about the brain. Because the ability is housed in the brain, taking the brain seals the deal.

Entity
Not to change the subject, cause I'll get back to it but about this Wes thing.

Yea I wanna like this kid but he just ain't Zach and I just get this bad vibe off him.
I've seen to many guys like him in other shows and movies and it almost always ends bad ya know.

I want Zach back in the picture some how.
I mean I know he's playing John in the Sarah Conner Chronicles now but I don't care I want him back in Claire's life somehow. Errr,....
Maybe they will run into each other again and hookup somewhere down the road. After the company isn't quite as much a thread to them.

Anyway does anyone else besides me like the idea of them repeating abilities?
I mean think about it. If this were the real world, like its suppose to be set in, and these were genetically gained abilities then they'd almost definitely be repeated by several people. I was actually really glad both when I heard about Wes being able to fly and seeing Kensei heal. I just pray the don't repeat Peter's power.

I mean he's the ultimate evolution and I would like to think his ability should be another step of this evolution altogether. He's just the first to exhibit it. No one else should have his ability for a few generations or at least a few seasons. wink

Also lastly I was at work last night and something hit me very hard I don't know why I hadn't thought of before.

They're going to make Peter the bomb again!confused66

I don't literally mean the same ending as last season but what if he met Maya when Alejandro wasn't around he could contract her ability and if Alejandro were to die or something just imagine, then without Alejandro's ability to contain it Peter's healing factor should keep him alive I'd think but who knows how many people could die. Probably even more than the bomb.

On my last note, about the killer attacking the old heroes.

I know I'm probably wrong but only 2 people have came to my mind when trying to think of who they may be.

1. Obviously Nathan since they even set it up with the, "Unless the killer could fly away" remark. It would make since thou. I mean he seems pretty tore up over what happened to Peter not to mention the recent loss of his father still lingering close to heart. And they seem like the once to take it out on. I mean I know Hiro's dad didn't seem to be part of it but between what we still don't know, what else he could've been involved in and what Nathan doesn't know it could still make since.

2. I know your gonna laugh but Charles Deveaux.
I mean I know he didn't seem the type at all but many of the heroes characters haven't seem the type they eventually show to be. Who else could attack Angela like that? And Kaito did say "Of all them I would've least suspected you." And perhaps he could also be angered about Simone's death. And yes I realise he's dead but if he can contact Peter in the weird way he did who knows what else he could do.

Like I said I know I'm probably wrong and it will probably end up being a new character but that's my personal theories anyway.

Sorry for the long post but I am about to go to sleep and I wanted to get all my thoughts out before I did.

Strangelove
a) it's WEST, not Wes.

b) I have no problem with repeating powers, at least not anymore.

c) They're not going to make Peter the bomb again, that would be the absolute worst thing the producers could do.

d) I don't think the killer is Peter, because there are many powers that could explain how the killer lived through the fall. Plus, Nathan couldn't have attacked Angela like she was.

e) And the killer had too small a frame to be Charles.

Entity
d) I don't think the killer is Peter, because there are many powers that could explain how the killer lived through the fall. Plus, Nathan couldn't have attacked Angela like she was. There is no freaking way Peter's the killer!
If they somehow pulled that one outta their @$$ I'd be pissed beyond belief.

I was thinking Nathan was there when it happened to Angela, maybe something happened in the last 4 months that gives him someone to help him do that or something.

Yea I donno!

e) And the killer had too small a frame to be Charles. Well Charles is also kinda dead so its not exactly like he would be doing this in the traditional fashion. I was thinking his power might allow him to project things or something. erm

Oh well their just my random theories form a slow night on 3rd shift. embarrasment

Captain REX
Nathan has some poor qualities, but I don't think he's a murderer. Not after his decision in last season's finale. He walks the gray from time to time, but he's essentially good.

Peter killing someone intentionally? That's funny... stick out tongue

In regards to Kensei or Claire regrowing organs, I don't see why they couldn't. Claire grew back skin, muscle tissue, and bone all in one go without problem. I know Peter's been impaled through the chest when he ate shit on that taxi, and most of Claire's tests would likely rupture internal organs.

As for repeating powers, I'm perfectly fine with it. It's genetics.

chickenlover98
repeatin powers is okay. but i dont understand why they couldnt have just knocked peter un conscious and used molly to locate the invis man. that way peter would just learn to control the power. whats to say he wont just go booom again?

Entity
It would be cool to see Peter use Molly's power to find Claude.
Claude would be like hoe the hell did you find me? Peter would just be like I can find you where ever you go now. I can find anyone.

Captain REX
I wonder if Molly's power can still locate Claude. Molly seems to have to actually see the person, from what we saw briefly in the last season. He'd be rather invisible.

I don't think knocking him unconscious would have done much, really. With how his power was building, they needed him to get the hell out of there or die; if you failed to knock him unconscious on the first blow, he would blow.

Entity
I wonder if Molly's power can still locate Claude. Molly seems to have to actually see the person, from what we saw briefly in the last season. He'd be rather invisible.

I don't think knocking him unconscious would have done much, really. With how his power was building, they needed him to get the hell out of there or die; if you failed to knock him unconscious on the first blow, he would blow. Well not sure if thats the case of how Molly's power work but even if it were, Peter can see Claude. So I would think it should still work for him.

Thats why I said Claire should've just put a bullet in his head. I mean I can't see why he wouldn't have lived after Mohinder or someone pulled it out. And even if he didn't, sorry but it would be for the greater good. IMO

chickenlover98
not the point, why cant he explode again? i mean everything in that "psuedo-future" can still come true. syler is still alive and nathan could still become president.

Entity
Anyone else curious about Mohinder?
I'm pretty damn certain he's "special" I mean his sister was and I had already been thinking about his blood.

And not only that he knows, hell I bet he even knows what his ability is.
I'm thinking maybe his blood is possibly a cure all vaccine or something else of that sort. I bet that's what ends up helping Maya!

Well that or possibly this Legacy virus thing they got going on now. It could be the cure for Maya since it strips them of their abilities or they could possibly some how cancel each other out with the addition of Alejandro's ability. Just some thoughts. smile

Man I wish this virus they got on the show had just been a genetic defect resulting form the new ability gene's.
To me that would've made allot more since and not been anywhere near as big a rip off of the Legacy Virus from X-Men. erm

chickenlover98
it would make sense if his power was cure all blood. that way if needed he could transfuse all metahumans and make them normal people

BOPRecruit 16
does anyone remember that guy who worked in the ancient sword shop in the last two episodes from season one? he was caucasian. anyways, i have a theory that that's present day takezo kensei. i mean, i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be him. with those blue eyes, working in a store like that, and recognizing the sword. also, most of all, i got this theory after seeing the second episode of this season, learning that kensei has the ability to regenerate, just like claire can. then again, that power is still no guarantee of immortality. but could've slown down his aging process. possible... *shrugs* just a wild or minor speculation! (sorry if this has already come up in this thread!)

Strangelove
Originally posted by Entity
Anyone else curious about Mohinder?
I'm pretty damn certain he's "special" I mean his sister was and I had already been thinking about his blood.

And not only that he knows, hell I bet he even knows what his ability is.
I'm thinking maybe his blood is possibly a cure all vaccine or something else of that sort. I bet that's what ends up helping Maya!

Well that or possibly this Legacy virus thing they got going on now. It could be the cure for Maya since it strips them of their abilities or they could possibly some how cancel each other out with the addition of Alejandro's ability. Just some thoughts. smile

Man I wish this virus they got on the show had just been a genetic defect resulting form the new ability gene's.
To me that would've made allot more since and not been anywhere near as big a rip off of the Legacy Virus from X-Men. erm If Mohinder had an ability, the Company would have known.

The only thing that's special about Mohinder is that his blood cures the virus.Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
does anyone remember that guy who worked in the ancient sword shop in the last two episodes from season one? he was caucasian. anyways, i have a theory that that's present day takezo kensei. i mean, i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be him. with those blue eyes, working in a store like that, and recognizing the sword. also, most of all, i got this theory after seeing the second episode of this season, learning that kensei has the ability to regenerate, just like claire can. then again, that power is still no guarantee of immortality. but could've slown down his aging process. possible... *shrugs* just a wild or minor speculation! (sorry if this has already come up in this thread!) Whoa shock I never thought about that.

Good catch

Mairuzu
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
does anyone remember that guy who worked in the ancient sword shop in the last two episodes from season one? he was caucasian. anyways, i have a theory that that's present day takezo kensei. i mean, i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be him. with those blue eyes, working in a store like that, and recognizing the sword. also, most of all, i got this theory after seeing the second episode of this season, learning that kensei has the ability to regenerate, just like claire can. then again, that power is still no guarantee of immortality. but could've slown down his aging process. possible... *shrugs* just a wild or minor speculation! (sorry if this has already come up in this thread!)

Can you get a picture of this man?

Strangelove
Can you get a picture of this man? http://heroeswiki.com/images/8/8f/Mr_claremont.jpg

Captain REX
They are rather similar, but I won't believe it just because it's farfetched.

I really don't think Mohinder is special, guys.

Strangelove
They are rather similar, but I won't believe it just because it's farfetched.

I really don't think Mohinder is special, guys. It's farfetched, but certainly intriguing.

Yeah, he's not.

Strangelove
I just had an interesting thought: Ken said early in the thread that he thought Angela Petrelli had powers dealing with electricity. I don't necessarily believe that, but it supports this thought. What if when the killer was attacking through Angela's mind (which supports the theory that he/she is the bogeyman who's haunting Molly), it was Angela's ability going haywire that caused the lights to flicker?

chickenlover98
could be. it would explain where peter got the power. although id still like to know hiro's fathers power

Strangelove
which brings up another point: if Angela has an ability (which I'm almost certain she does), then Peter has definitely absorbed it. What is it, I wonder?

chickenlover98
i think its electricity.

chickenlover98
the only elements left is control of wind and earth. once peter has those he's basically jesus.

S_D_J
I just had an interesting thought: Ken said early in the thread that he thought Angela Petrelli had powers dealing with electricity. I don't necessarily believe that, but it supports this thought. What if when the killer was attacking through Angela's mind (which supports the theory that he/she is the bogeyman who's haunting Molly), it was Angela's ability going haywire that caused the lights to flicker?

I dont think her power it's electricity

dont read this if you dont wanna know, although it was previously posted without using spoiler tags, it's safe (though not 100% safe) to assumed this explains Peter's electromagnetism:
he gets his powers from Elle (Kristen Bell), her power it's electricity, and her character description says that she's "a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.'s past and the future of Claire."

The links to the Bennets makes us think she likely has at least some peripheral connection to the Company. Perhaps she is or was another young operative, a la Eden?).
(As for Peter, it seems Elle may be one of the first to come into contact with him after he returns, though if it's to help him recuperate, to keep him prisoner, or something else entirely.

she also said this in Entertainment Weekly:
Bell has remained coy when asked if Elle could be a new villain on the show, telling TV Guide it's a "possibility", while revealing she has "a really awesome power." In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Bell says " comes in with a bang. She's a bit of a criminal in the beginning. I'm not even sure if they know whether she's going to be bad or good. She has a link to H.R.G. and Peter. She becomes integral to the mystery on the show."

about what is Angela's power ... if he doesnt use it... or she doesnt reveal it... we wont know

Strangelove
Not reading the spoilers smile

Mairuzu
Its not really much of a spoiler anyway

S_D_J
big grin

it is in a way... and if turns out to be true (and I think it will) it's best not to read such info.... and it does spoil new powers and stuff, so it's best not to know... to have somewhat of a surprise when it happens big grin

Captain REX
It's a spoiler, seeing as Elle is not on the show yet.

I'm postiive that Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli had powers, but we don't know what they are.

Strangelove
It's a spoiler, seeing as Elle is not on the show yet.

I'm postiive that Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli had powers, but we don't know what they are. Don't be using Angela in the past tense....yet tongue

Proteus
I bet when Peter removes his necklace, his memories return. Go on, I bet you.

Mairuzu
Haha.. that would actually be funny.. and then his hair grows bacK!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Proteus
I bet when Peter removes his necklace, his memories return. Go on, I bet you. A decent theory... hmm

Mairuzu
Would be kinda lame though...

Strangelove
Would be kinda lame though... Nah, they could make it look good stick out tongue

Mairuzu
I just wanna hear him say LIGHTNING LIGHTNING SPARK LIGHTNING again haha

Mairuzu
MEMORY!!

TELEKINESIS!!!

HEAR YOUR THOUGHT HEAR YOUR THOUGHT HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS

imagined if he had to yell all his powers to use them

~Forever*Alone~
hahahahahahaaa!!

thats funny ^.^

Mairuzu
Imagine if hes trying to read someones thoughts... or fly..

FLY FLY FLY FLY

InnerRise
I believe that boy that can fly, who also has an obsession with Claire, is the New Villain, which the little girl claims to be worse than Sylar.

I'd like to believe he's the one who attempted to kill Hiro's father, but that would also mean he's the one who attempted to kill Peter's mom, but how would he be able to get in and out of the locked room like that.

Unless he has more than the ability to fly.

It would explain why Hiro's father fell to his death, yet the killer was gone. (Flew away)

One could also say that there's more than one killer, so it could be said that He did in fact kill Hiro's father and someone else attempted to kill Peter's Mom.

I doubt there's more than 1 killer though.

So yeah.

chickenlover98
the voice sounded older than the guy who did west did. i doubt its him rly i do. he's a friggi kid. i bet its his dad though

Mairuzu
You know... Claude said Peter wasn't the only one that is a "sponge"

Peter was telling claude how his powers worked and claude said

"Oh, one of those.."

Captain REX
I doubt that West is the one that Molly is seeing in nightmares. I also doubt that West is the murderer of Kaito Nakamura. Kaito seemed to recognize this fellow as one of the older generation of Heroes, and when Matt read Molly's mind, the voice was very much not West's.

Mairuzu
I might be crazy....

But

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/Marth18/mollywalkernv4.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/Marth18/chucky.jpg

Any relation?

S_D_J
I might be crazy....

But

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/Marth18/mollywalkernv4.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/Marth18/chucky.jpg

Any relation?

hysterical

chickenlover98
You know... Claude said Peter wasn't the only one that is a "sponge"

Peter was telling claude how his powers worked and claude said

"Oh, one of those.."

dude repeatin powers, duh. theyve done it with west and with kensei. get teh picture

Mairuzu
Im just saying, theres other people out there that can be badass like peter

chickenlover98
and watch them have a showdown. of course they'll have diff powers and probly absorb each other but itll be interestin for the heroes GAME

Captain REX
I think having another character with empathic mimicry could potentially be a very bad idea...

Mairuzu
It would... i like the fact that Peter is the only one... cause hes a bamf

Mairuzu
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16

I'm really getting into this theory now!

The only explanation i can come up with is... Its possible these two people are the same, and he probably got the virus somewhere in the 1900's depending on how old he looks... so the virus doesn't kill him because of his powers but it does take it away so now hes aging..

Thats all i can come up with

Strangelove
I'm really getting into this theory now!

The only explanation i can come up with is... Its possible these two people are the same, and he probably got the virus somewhere in the 1900's depending on how old he looks... so the virus doesn't kill him because of his powers but it does take it away so now hes aging..

Thats all i can come up with the virus KILLS. Stop thinking it doesn't

Mairuzu
the virus KILLS. Stop thinking it doesn't I Know it kills BUT!! How can it kill with the regeneration power?

Strangelove
I Know it kills BUT!! How can it kill with the regeneration power? Because the virus attacks the hero's ability first.

Mairuzu
This virus SUCKS

chickenlover98
no shit. thats why suresh is teh cure

S_D_J
I have somewhat of a question

how the hell was Peter able to see the future as a dream?... I mean, it wasn't exactly the future, but he saw people he hadn't even met yet, and also what was about to happen (he being the bomb)... how did he do that?
was it Isaac's power?
a new power?
It's safe to assume Angela has a power, but what about Charles? Peter could have absorbed his power long before he knew about his..

talking about dreams... that wasn't the only time Pater had dreams about the future... what about his dream of flying in the first episode...he told Simone he kept having "amazing dreams" every time he closed his eyes... and he was with Charles

... and he had a dream about talking to Charles, before he died... was that Charles' power?... it was very similar (realistic) to his conversation with Peter at the end of the season....

chickenlover98
probably. it would fit into the repeating powers thingy their doing. futuristic dreams instead of futuristic paintings? doable to say the least.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
I have somewhat of a question

how the hell was Peter able to see the future as a dream?... I mean, it wasn't exactly the future, but he saw people he hadn't even met yet, and also what was about to happen (he being the bomb)... how did he do that?
was it Isaac's power?
a new power?
It's safe to assume Angela has a power, but what about Charles? Peter could have absorbed his power long before he knew about his..

talking about dreams... that wasn't the only time Pater had dreams about the future... what about his dream of flying in the first episode...he told Simone he kept having "amazing dreams" every time he closed his eyes... and he was with Charles

... and he had a dream about talking to Charles, before he died... was that Charles' power?... it was very similar (realistic) to his conversation with Peter at the end of the season....

Its possible that Charles power is this whole "dream" thing... like that one boy that shows mohinder past events, charles shows... future events? or things to help people on their way... i have no clue

Strangelove
I thought that Charles' power had to do with love, due to his many assertions of that belief.

The precognitive dreams could have been absorbed from Isaac, seeing as you don't necessarily need to paint it to see it. Like what Sylar saw after he was "killed" in "How to Stop an Exploding Man"

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
probably. it would fit into the repeating powers thingy their doing. futuristic dreams instead of futuristic paintings? doable to say the least.

Those two powers are not one and the same. In one you can see everything that's happening, be able to interact with it because it's a dream, with the other the person's blanks out as if something else takes control of their body and paints a picture.

Captain REX
I'm hoping that, starting with the next episode of the show, things will start unraveling as to what powers belonged to Angela Petrelli, Charles Deveaux, Kaito Nakamura, and other beings of the older generation of Heroes.

Mairuzu
I'm hoping that, starting with the next episode of the show, things will start unraveling as to what powers belonged to Angela Petrelli, Charles Deveaux, Kaito Nakamura, and other beings of the older generation of Heroes.

They really need to do this.. i dont want them to have a Lost Syndrome

S_D_J
They really need to do this.. i dont want them to have a Lost Syndrome

I second that thought... I didn't like that "Maya and Alejandro are in Claire's car" thing... if at the end it has something to do with the story, something meaningful, then it'd be OK. But if it's just some random thing to connect characters to play 6 degrees of separation, then I wouldn't be too pleased...
I love Lost, but one of reason I love Heroes more, it's because it's the complete opposite of Lost... well, at least in the way the story evolves

Mairuzu
Yes, i do love lost... watched every episode... but i need answers

Strangelove
I'm hoping that, starting with the next episode of the show, things will start unraveling as to what powers belonged to Angela Petrelli, Charles Deveaux, Kaito Nakamura, and other beings of the older generation of Heroes. That is my biggest obsession with this season. I love the mythology

Strangelove
I was thinking after watching the entire first season on DVD the other day; where was the rift in the old heroes? Obviously, Angela Petrelli and Linderman were on the side that believed the bomb had to go off, and Charles Deveaux was on the opposite side. But I wasn't sure about Kaito Nakamura. I think he was on the no-bomb side, but I'm not sure.

It'll be interesting to discover who falls into what camp as the other 7 are revealed.

Mairuzu
I just got finished with it also... im not too sure about which side he was going for but he sure did want hiro out of new york badly but finally ended letting him stay but was watching him closely

Strangelove
According to an interview with two writers for the show, Bob (the Company higher-up with the power of alchemy) is a member of the Group of 12. Exciting! eek!

Mairuzu
Thats interesting... i wouldn't have guessed

Entity
You know what I thought about. There's one hero that no one would supect yet is completely capable of everything that the killers been doing!

................Hiro!...................

Tattoo
My guess is that the killer is actually Takezo, he has a healing ability so he could get up and walk away from that fall with Kaito...and we don't know the full extent of his powers yet.

Mairuzu
He would have healed by now and the cops wouldnt have discovered his body, and they were talking about it the next morning

unless.... he has the power to resurrect!

Tattoo
He would have healed by now and the cops wouldnt have discovered his body, and they were talking about it the next morning

unless.... he has the power to resurrect!

He would have been healed right after, at least healed enough to move out of sight from Ando when he looked over the edge of the building.

Strangelove
My guess is that the killer is actually Takezo, he has a healing ability so he could get up and walk away from that fall with Kaito...and we don't know the full extent of his powers yet. If Takezo is alive today, I'm betting it's Mr. Claremont, the owner of Jittetsu Arms, and he has too large a frame to be the killer.

Tattoo
If Takezo is alive today, I'm betting it's Mr. Claremont, the owner of Jittetsu Arms, and he has too large a frame to be the killer.

I really don't think that the Takezo we know ends up becoming the guy at the Arms store. I believe that guy is just a fan of the mythos surrounding the sword like everyone else. I mean, why would he give the sword back to the Nakamura's if it were his rightfully? He could have repaired it then snuck out and on his merry way.

Strangelove
I really don't think that the Takezo we know ends up becoming the guy at the Arms store. I believe that guy is just a fan of the mythos surrounding the sword like everyone else. I mean, why would he give the sword back to the Nakamura's if it were his rightfully? He could have repaired it then snuck out and on his merry way. Well certainly after 400 years he wouldn't be the same "Takezo we know today"

Captain REX
I'd be annoyed if Takezo Kensei was one of the group of twelve due to the fact that those with regenerative tissue can be very old...

Bob, one of the group? Odd, but I guess it makes sense. He seems important to the Company, and the other important evolved humans with Company ties were basically in charge (Linderman?). Plus, what group of self-proclaimed super heroes wouldn't want funding through alchemy? stick out tongue

Strangelove
I'd be annoyed if Takezo Kensei was one of the group of twelve due to the fact that those with regenerative tissue can be very old...I don't think he's in the Group of 12. I agree, that would be annoying. Here's a link to the interview where the writers confirmed it.

Behind the Eclipse: Season 2, Week 1

Captain REX
Weird.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>