who will play Penguin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Can someone tell me who will play the Penguin for the next movie ? I was impressed by danny's Penguin in Batman Returns

Thanks

WrathfulDwarf
There won't be a Penguin.

coolmovies
why ? I mean batman is not batman without the penguien

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Co-signed.

Devil King

But if there was, Bob Hoskins' role in that Jet Li movie would be a great way to handle it. I forget the name of it, but he was great in that movie.

sindahouse
Comic Book guy from the simpsons. He would be a good penguin.. Fat bastard......lol

Mirai Gohan
Shut up you troll.

Anyway, the way I see it, the Penguin shouldn't even appear in these films, he's not that good of a villian. Hell, he's not even a real villain in my eyes. He's a joke.

sindahouse
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
Shut up you troll.

Anyway, the way I see it, the Penguin shouldn't even appear in these films, he's not that good of a villian. Hell, he's not even a real villain in my eyes. He's a joke.

Damn sad

coolmovies
I really liked him in returns

DarthLazious
Yeah I did too but we wont be seeing The Penguin in any of the new Batman flims.

The Joker will be in the next one and Two-Face will be in the one after that.

coolmovies
as long as theres no robin

Spartan ll
There won't be a Penguin. ^

Chris Nolan stated that awhile ago, in fact.

DarthLazious
There wont be any chance of seeing Robin in the new Batman flims.

Mirai Gohan
The Penguin sucks.

Sweet Escape
I wish there was the Penguin in the new movies... Our school has it's own penguin. There's this junior girl that looks exactly like Danny devito's Penguin, it's actually scary. Everyone in the entire school knows her, it's hilarious

Bat Dude

Sadly sad

And it's also sad that we don't get to finally see a GOOD Robin on screen... I know there are a lot of people that prefer no Robin, but I think that Robin NEEDS to be introduced at one point (Preferably 4th movie), because...

1. Ignoring the "mentor/boss/father figure" aspect of Batman is ignoring literally a gold mine of character development

2. You'd be ignoring 67 years of history

crusher310
Robin's my favorite character. he needs to be in there.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Sadly sad

And it's also sad that we don't get to finally see a GOOD Robin on screen... I know there are a lot of people that prefer no Robin, but I think that Robin NEEDS to be introduced at one point (Preferably 4th movie), because...

1. Ignoring the "mentor/boss/father figure" aspect of Batman is ignoring literally a gold mine of character development

2. You'd be ignoring 67 years of history

Whats up Batdude? I agree with you. At some point Robin should make his 1st. appearance in Nolan's version.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Whats up Batdude? I agree with you. At some point Robin should make his 1st. appearance in Nolan's version.

Ah nothing really... Just boring stuff... But I did find something kinda kool today... (And I know it's off-topic, but I don't want to make a thread about it) Anyway...

Ok, I was listening to "Over the Edge" by L.A. Guns from 1991 (great song, highly recommend it), and in the second verse, there is a description of a person that is freakishly similar to the way Joker looks in TDK! The description is...

"...my lips are red, my skin snow white, my face is battle scarred...."

Wow, either L.A. Guns can predict the future, or it's a huge coincidence... (Or Chris Nolan happened to be listening to them while coming up with his Joker incarnation wink )

JasonK4
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
The Penguin sucks.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Ah nothing really... Just boring stuff... But I did find something kinda kool today... (And I know it's off-topic, but I don't want to make a thread about it) Anyway...

Ok, I was listening to "Over the Edge" by L.A. Guns from 1991 (great song, highly recommend it), and in the second verse, there is a description of a person that is freakishly similar to the way Joker looks in TDK! The description is...

"...my lips are red, my skin snow white, my face is battle scarred...."

Wow, either L.A. Guns can predict the future, or it's a huge coincidence... (Or Chris Nolan happened to be listening to them while coming up with his Joker incarnation wink )

Chris Nolan could have been listening to them.

roughrider
Originally posted by coolmovies

Hardly. Penguin has always been one of Batman's silly villains; I can't feel intimidated by him. It's one way to do him as a deformed freak, like we saw in Batman Returns, but that wouldn't fit with the new 'realistic' vision of the new films.
Batman has heaps of other adversaries they can do. If they never touch the Penguin, I wouldn't be disappointed.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by roughrider
Hardly. Penguin has always been one of Batman's silly villains; I can't feel intimidated by him. It's one way to do him as a deformed freak, like we saw in Batman Returns, but that wouldn't fit with the new 'realistic' vision of the new films.
Batman has heaps of other adversaries they can do. If they never touch the Penguin, I wouldn't be disappointed.

You are right.

DarthLazious
We all know the next and maybe the final villian will be Two-face.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarthLazious
We all know the next and maybe the final villian will be Two-face.

I doubt Two-Facw will be the final villain.

sindahouse
I hated the Penguin as another criminal hiding from the cops, obsessed with birds.. I mean what the??? But I do like the whole, "legitimate" business man approach. I like that look.. Still needs to be updated a bit.

If they introduce him to the movie, he should have the nick name "Penguin." Possibly they could explain that he got that name because of how cold hearted he is, and his love for birds. I dunno, something like that could be belivable.. I mean gangsta's always have nicknames..... Sid the Squid, Two Time Tommy, Scarface... etc.. We could definately have 'The Penguin", from that point of view.

But I do dspise the ol'skool, overweight, bird loving, snotty kid, long nose approach.. Something like the above paragraph would be better I think

OB1-adobe

I agree, it has played a major role in the comics. People working with batman and having to put up with him at the same time.

Darth Jello
Nolan said that he wouldn't do the penguin. Just not a cinematic character. And not to beat an old subject into the ground, but that cool character in batman returns wasn't the penguin. That was tim burton and the writers blatantly ripping off a daredevil villain called the Owl and calling it the penguin.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by coolmovies

I agree with you if were talking batman begins sequals.

Joseph_Kerr
I wouldn't mind seeing a cameo Penguin. You know how Batman is always roughing up Penguin for information. We could see Batman crashing through the glass skylight, landing in front of Penguin, and demanding to know where Two-Face is hiding. I don't think he would work very well in a full movie character... but I would think I would be awesome to see Batman getting information out of him. It would at least put a smile on all Batman fans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.