Free Screening of New Comic Book TV Pilot in NYC this weekend!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiff69
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm not a frequent on this forum, but I hope you don't mind me posting this.

Some friends and I have made a TV pilot about comic books featuring the "House of Secrets" comic book store in Burbank, CA and we are premiering this weekend at the New York Television Festival in Midtown in NYC.

The pilot is called Mild Mannered and the story centers around a comic store owner who suddenly gains the ability to turn into comic book heroes - The only problem is that all the heroes are incredibly lame. The villain shows up, kidnaps the girl, and all the geeks have to go and save her.

We really don't take ourselves too seriously and are just looking to celebrate geekdom a bit. We'd love it if anybody local would like to come see the screenings. Tickets are FREE. The screenings are at 10:15 P.M. on Friday, September 7 and at 2 P.M. on Sunday, September 9th. Come and support us if you can, vote for us for the festival, and help to get more comic oriented programming on TV.

The festival is taking place at New World Stages at 340 W. 50th. You can make reservations at www(dot)nytvf(dot)com. You might be able to just show up, but making reservations is best.

Thanks again for letting me post. Have a great day everyone!

Soljer
Cool, I guess.

If anyone goes, lemme ask; do you think this has a shot in hell of getting any air time?

spiff69
Originally posted by Soljer
Cool, I guess.

If anyone goes, lemme ask; do you think this has a shot in hell of getting any air time?

Maybe you weren't asking me specifically, but of course - We've sunk way too much effort and time into this to not believe that. The whole goal of the festival is to sell TV pilots and at least one pilot has sold at every festival.

Thanks for your interest!

Soljer
Of course the creators think it has a chance, why else create it?

That's why I was asking anyone who happens to go to the screening - a little less biased, hm?

DAVID GUIVANT
Sounds cool, feel free to upload it on youtube or myspace !! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.