The Most Dangerous Outlaw in History!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Who would you say is the most notirous and most dangerous outlaw in history?

ninja

Fishy
Braveheart just because he cries Freedom at the end...

Also because he ****ed up the English pretty badly

lil bitchiness
Dick Turpin is cool.Originally posted by Fishy

Scotish will have referendum in 2010. William Wallace would be happy about this. As am I!

Captain REX
A referendum on what?

Hmm, I'm not sure who to vote for. William Wallace helped liberate his country, whereas everyone else just shot people and robbed banks, as far as I know.

Are we comparing them on 'If you met this person in real life' or based on their deeds?

Bicnarok
Dick Turpin

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Captain REX
A referendum on what?

Hmm, I'm not sure who to vote for. William Wallace helped liberate his country, whereas everyone else just shot people and robbed banks, as far as I know.

Are we comparing them on 'If you met this person in real life' or based on their deeds?

Base on historic accounts and testimonies on the individual.

Like someone could say Billy the Kid is the most dangerous because he was one of the quickest gunfighters in the west.

Then again, Wallace led armies to battle. So depending on the criteria...which of the two would be consider more dangerous?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Captain REX
A referendum on what?

William Wallace did not liberate his country. English stayed in Scotland as they had before. The battle continued after he was gone, for the exact same reason he was leading a battle.

And Scottish will have referendum for independence.

grey fox
Dick turpin or Tinhead Ned....

IHateCaesar
The Hole 'n' the Wall Gang

Bicnarok
George W Bush

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
William Wallace did not liberate his country. English stayed in Scotland as they had before. The battle continued after he was gone, for the exact same reason he was leading a battle.

And Scottish will have referendum for independence. William Wallace had sex with the 10 year old princess so his offspring actually rules England...

jaden101
William Wallace is overrated...and that's coming from a Scotsman...he won 1 battle...the battle of stirling bridge...got his ass kicked at Falkirk...everything else he did was just skirmishes...

my home city has alot of history from that period though...there's a plaque outside st paul's cathedral in the city centre that says something like "this is where William Wallace struck the 1st blow against the English by killing the son of the English govener of Dundee

anyone interested in it should check out the history of scotland on the bbc just now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fl9sw/A_History_of_Scotland_Hammers_of_the_Scots/

inimalist
was Wallace not a highlander who joined the rebellion pretty much after it was essentially over?

i remember hearing that once

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Bardock42
William Wallace had sex with the 10 year old princess so his offspring actually rules England...

Understatement I am afraid- she was 3 at the time.

But yes, Wallace lost hugely, was effectively fired by the Scots themselves and turned over by a Scot to the English.

Robert the Bruce fared rather better. However, trying to call any of these landed Scottish nobles 'outlaws' is streching it, I feel...

(Not, incidentally, that Scotland is part of England because of some evil military invasion. It was a polticial unification when Jmaes I took the throne, seeing as he was already King of Scotland)

(Not that THAT stopped the final English/Scottish battle at Culloden... which admittedly was pretty frigging evil on the English side, though no sides gave quarter in those days).

Meanwhile the idea of Scottish independence has been dealt a near-mortal blow by the credit crisis- because basically, an independent Scotland would have totally collapsed in it; London is having to bail it out. Amusingly, the ones who wanted independence were holding up Iceland as an example of how an independent Scotland could succeed...

Robin Hood- existent or not- is a candidate for most famous outlaw, I dunno about most dangerous.

Bardock42
Hmm, yeah, most dangerous is a bit ill defined. As is outlaw. I mean, for example you could say that Osama Bin Laden is more dangerous than most of those on that list, and he actually is mostly an outlaw...not saying that he is the most dangerous, just saying it's hard to decide how to even value that. Would you go by kill count, how would you include the fear they created. How about political changes in attitude or even lesser crimes.

jaden101
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Meanwhile the idea of Scottish independence has been dealt a near-mortal blow by the credit crisis- because basically, an independent Scotland would have totally collapsed in it; London is having to bail it out. Amusingly, the ones who wanted independence were holding up Iceland as an example of how an independent Scotland could succeed...

dangerous.

that's only partly true...as Scotland contributes a massive amount to the UK and Europe through it's oil industry

but yeah...Alex Salmond and his "arch of prosperity" pretty much sounded the death knell for his independance idea

i personally wouldn't want independance...it serves no real economic or political purpose other than silly patriotism...the majority of Scots would end up far worse off

Lycanthrope
Hmm, yeah, most dangerous is a bit ill defined. As is outlaw. I mean, for example you could say that Osama Bin Laden is more dangerous than most of those on that list, and he actually is mostly an outlaw...not saying that he is the most dangerous, just saying it's hard to decide how to even value that. Would you go by kill count, how would you include the fear they created. How about political changes in attitude or even lesser crimes.

Yes in this vain I would have to say Genghis Khan. Key words "Dangerous" and "History" and outlaw to anyone who wasn't of the Mongol tribe. He was ruthless. There is Historical evidence (Written accounts and archaeological) that he slaughtered 100's of thousands that didnt capitulate and, the only thing that kept him from slaughtering 100's of thousands more in Western Europe was his death. So my vote is...... Temujin A.K.A. Genghis Khan .

Then you have:

Adolf Hitler, Deutchland
Kim Jung Ill,Korea
Pol Pot , Cambodia
Mau tse Tung, Chine

So what are the parameters? World Law? Local Law? or just the people you mentioned in the pole?

If thats the case I would have to say,
Jesse James

WrathfulDwarf

Robin Hood- existent or not- is a candidate for most famous outlaw, I dunno about most dangerous.

Most dangerous with his bow and arrows. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Originally posted by jaden101
that's only partly true...as Scotland contributes a massive amount to the UK and Europe through it's oil industry

but yeah...Alex Salmond and his "arch of prosperity" pretty much sounded the death knell for his independance idea

i personally wouldn't want independance...it serves no real economic or political purpose other than silly patriotism...the majority of Scots would end up far worse off

Oh for sure, Scotland contributes loads, though that's an intensly complicated area.

The whole point of the Union is that we acheive far more together than apart. I've never quire understood the point of breaking thar up for what you so rightly cal silly patrotism

Heck, even Cornwall talks about it sometimes. Gah.

Anyway, yes, so shall we define this as 'outlaw people were the most scared of' then?

jaden101
Oh for sure, Scotland contributes loads, though that's an intensly complicated area.

The whole point of the Union is that we acheive far more together than apart. I've never quire understood the point of breaking thar up for what you so rightly cal silly patrotism

Heck, even Cornwall talks about it sometimes. Gah.

Anyway, yes, so shall we define this as 'outlaw people were the most scared of' then?

yeah all this talk of regional government...all it would mean is more beauracrats and more taxes....we already have the UN, European Union, Westminster (and in Scotland's case Hollyrood) making laws...Wales has their assembly and Northern Ireland has Stormont...then there's local councils too

utterly pointless and huge wastes of money for the most part

but yes...uuhhh...most feared outlaw?...Keyser Soze laughing

inimalist
"When super- villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories"

/thread

Symmetric Chaos
Batman no expression

at least Frank Miller's version

inimalist
lol thats a new thread right there

EDIT batman did get that sinestro ring...

Bicnarok
I think the Scottish rebel thing has been blown out of proportions by the Brave heart movie. Totally overrated.

Wallace was actually a terrorist if you were to use modern day terminology.

dadudemon
Ned Kelly.

Because he's a bushranger. lol

jaden101
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I think the Scottish rebel thing has been blown out of proportions by the Brave heart movie. Totally overrated.

Wallace was actually a terrorist if you were to use modern day terminology.

i'd say more of a guerilla fighter than terrorist...his goal was to never terrorise people but to kill English soldiers...unlike Edward I who slaughtered thousands of men and women at Berwick

Devil King
I was under the impression that Billy the Kid's real name was William H. Bonney. but, the "Old West" was never a point of interest for me. I groan when I see a John Wayne film on the dial.

Rogue Jedi
John Wayne was overrated. Clint Eastwood is much better.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Fishy

Braveheart is bollocks...the woman he falls in love with? She was about 10 at the time of his death I believe...the Battle of Stirling Bridge (His ONLY pitched battle victory) there was no bridge...

William Wallace was certainly an able man at some things but at the same time he only won the battle that his co-commander Moray lived to fight in...Moray died shortly after the Battle and Wallace lost at his next fight- Falkirk.

Robert the Bruce, now there is a genius...and he was an outlaw, and a very very dangerous one.

Devil King
I like Eastwood in Unforgiven for the first half of the film. After that, it becomes banal for me. Actually, it becomes every other western in the genre. I'm just not a fan of westerns, I guess.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Both are iconic...can't compare the two.

Doom and Gloom
Easily Osama bin Laden. He makes all the others look like boy scout amateurs.

lil bitchiness
Understatement I am afraid- she was 3 at the time.

But yes, Wallace lost hugely, was effectively fired by the Scots themselves and turned over by a Scot to the English.

Robert the Bruce fared rather better. However, trying to call any of these landed Scottish nobles 'outlaws' is streching it, I feel...

(Not, incidentally, that Scotland is part of England because of some evil military invasion. It was a polticial unification when Jmaes I took the throne, seeing as he was already King of Scotland)

(Not that THAT stopped the final English/Scottish battle at Culloden... which admittedly was pretty frigging evil on the English side, though no sides gave quarter in those days).

Ugh, sick.

Well then his offspring is not ruling England...although I am sure more dodgy forefathers are involved there. HAAAH!

Robtard

I agree, have never been able to watch more than 5 minutes of a John Wayne flick. Also, why does he walk like he spent the better part of the previous night getting ****ed up the ass by a humongous cock?

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
I agree, have never been able to watch more than 5 minutes of a John Wayne flick. Also, why does he walk like he spent the better part of the previous night getting ****ed up the ass by a humongous cock?

Bad analogy. Guys don't walk funny after anal sex. John Wayne walks like he's got to take a major shit and it's starting to crown.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Devil King
I like Eastwood in Unforgiven for the first half of the film. After that, it becomes banal for me. Actually, it becomes every other western in the genre. I'm just not a fan of westerns, I guess. "The Outlaw Josey Wales" is Eastwood's best work.

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
Bad analogy. Guys don't walk funny after anal sex. John Wayne walks like he's got to take a major shit and it's starting to crown.

I did say "humongous", like an elephant's dick.

Yours is better though.

Grand-Moff-Gav
i'd say more of a guerilla fighter than terrorist...his goal was to never terrorise people but to kill English soldiers...unlike Edward I who slaughtered thousands of men and women at Berwick

Both Wallace and Bruce used terrorising tactics in the North of England... and got allot of money from it.

ragesRemorse
SPARTACUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Deja~vu
Nero

inimalist
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

what makes you say that?

with few notable exceptions, he is much more of a financier than an outlaw

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

Wallace killed many more people...

screwtheroses
And he looks good in a kilt......

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by screwtheroses

Its not very likely he wore one.

screwtheroses
Coming from a true scotsman i see....

you get thorns

You can peek up my skirt any time you please Rosie cool

screwtheroses
Unless you want a kick in the shins from a fiesty redheaded scot.....quit calling it a skirt! roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

you get thorns
Unless you want a kick in the shins from a fiesty redheaded scot.....quit calling it a skirt! roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

Lets see............. no zipper, no legs, stops around the knees.... sounds like a skirt to me. Happy Dance

Bardock42
Unless you want a kick in the shins from a fiesty redheaded scot.....quit calling it a skirt! roll eyes (sarcastic) smile I am in England, traditionally the safest place from Scottish attacks....so, if you skirt wearing nancies have a problem with me calling your skirts, skirts...well...it's a skirt. no expression

screwtheroses
I am in England, traditionally the safest place from Scottish attacks....so, if you skirt wearing nancies have a problem with me calling your skirts, skirts...well...it's a skirt. no expression

eek! you're scaring me shush

jaden101
I am in England, traditionally the safest place from Scottish attacks....so, if you skirt wearing nancies have a problem with me calling your skirts, skirts...well...it's a skirt. no expression

could always wear Lederhosen...cause that's much more manly than kilts

or seeing as your in England then you could always go with the morris dancer look...again...very masculine

screwtheroses

or seeing as your in England then you could always go with the morris dancer look...again...very masculine

big grin now thats butch......told you i was scared eek!

Bardock42

or seeing as your in England then you could always go with the morris dancer look...again...very masculine I do agree on Lederhosen being very manly. I have no idea what you are talking bout them English, but they always seemed a bit fruity to me.

Jack Daniels
voted for robin hood....has nothing to do with movies either...simply dangerous to the rich..lol

Rogue Jedi
John Wesley Hardin once shot a man for snoring too loud.

Ahsoka Tano
John Wesley Hardin once shot a man for snoring too loud.

I almost did that to my ex.

Rogue Jedi
Is this based on one's temperment, or their accomplished deeds?

Robtard
I'd like to nominate Michael H. Kenyon aka "The Enema Bandit" to the list.

He would break into a woman's residence, rob them of cash/valuables, tie them up and then administer an enema (or two) before leaving.

Grand-Moff-Gav

I feel traditionally...Nepal is safer...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I feel traditionally...Nepal is safer...

Well, it was a close race between those two.

Jack Daniels
they may wear kilts but they make good booze! and I thought the english in certain parts also wore kilts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.