Deadshot v.s. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Both get 2 week prep.

guy222
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot_%28comics%29

carnage52
deadshot ftw.

iceman24567
Deadshot is a monster but he isn't beating Cap.

BruceSkywalker
Which Captain America?

willRules
I think this fight is a more even one with Bucky Cap rather than Steve Rogers with prep. Steve with prep = ultimate military tactician yes

cmack
captain america

guy222
CA

Silent Guardian
CA

Wild Shadow
cap destroys deadshots armor helmet and weapons in this fight.

tjcoady
What's his name, Crossbones (something like that) took out Steve with a gun....

All Deadshot needs is an opening and it's exactly the same: Deadshot for the win.

If Cap knows he's coming, and it's more of a battlefield than say... a crowded city block, then Cap destroys him, though.

Batman-Prime
CA

namorsubby
sorry to say, but if they're out in the open in plain view of each, steve is dead man, period. maybe if they had melted the shield down into a full body armor or something......but it aint covering every part of him, and that's about the only way he's not getting hit.

Raoul
Originally posted by tjcoady

All Deadshot needs is an opening and it's exactly the same: Deadshot for the win.

If Cap knows he's coming, and it's more of a battlefield than say... a crowded city block, then Cap destroys him, though.

darthgoober

Do you have any idea how many people have FAILED at taking out Cap with a gun? What makes you think that Deadshot will be successful like Crossbones rather than unsuccessful like the Punisher, Red Skull, and any number of others?

*Edit*
Of course none of this applies if we're talking about Bucky(he just never registers as Cap in my mind).

iceman24567
Originally posted by darthgoober
Do you have any idea how many people have FAILED at taking out Cap with a gun? What makes you think that Deadshot will be successful like Crossbones rather than unsuccessful like the Punisher, Red Skull, and any number of others?

*Edit*
Of course none of this applies if we're talking about Bucky(he just never registers as Cap in my mind). Deadshot is a better marksman than all the guys you named.

Dagarkin
I thought CA's suit was made with Vibrainum or some kind of bullet proof material? I know it varies from writer to writer.

namorsubby
deadshot will hit whatever the shield isn't covering, and before cap can toss it.

Dagarkin
Originally posted by namorsubby
deadshot will hit whatever the shield isn't covering, and before cap can toss it.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7411/avengersv139614xh5.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

namorsubby
Originally posted by Dagarkin
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7411/avengersv139614xh5.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic) what did you think that would prove?.........none of those shooters are deadshot.

Dagarkin
what did you think that would prove?.........none of those shooters are deadshot.
He can toss the shield faster than bullets can travel so.......yeah

Notice it was after they were fired. I'm pretty sure Deadshot's bullets travel the same speed as regular ones.

Goodnight kind sir.

namorsubby
He can toss the shield faster than bullets can travel so.......yeah

Notice it was after they were fired. I'm pretty sure Deadshot's bullets travel the same speed as regular ones.

Goodnight kind sir. my lord

lol, you have to be kiddin.

you think because they showed them shooting, then showed cap deflecting shots that he was deflecting those very shots which were shot before hand......that's assuming a lot, especially since cap possesses no such speed/strength.

intercepting bullets with a shield that are shot before he even begins to throw it??? that has to be one of the most ridiculous things anyone's every tried to push here.

truth is, deadshot's bullets will reach him before he can lift the shield. deadshot's reflexes border on superhuman, he won't be evaded by cap........especially when he tags speedsters and has killed deathstroke.

iceman24567
Deathstroke doesn't really die you know erm

namorsubby
Originally posted by iceman24567
Deathstroke doesn't really die you know erm yeah i know, but he was "dead" momentarily.........cap will be dead forever.......that is until they bring him back in some story arc 2 years later.lol

darthgoober
Deathstroke doesn't really die you know erm
This is Deadshot...

iceman24567
Yeah Cap doesn't really die either eek!

Enyalus
you think because they showed them shooting, then showed cap deflecting shots that he was deflecting those very shots which were shot before hand......that's assuming a lot, especially since cap possesses no such speed/strength.

intercepting bullets with a shield that are shot before he even begins to throw it??? that has to be one of the most ridiculous things anyone's every tried to push here.
Um, that's exactly what it looks like that happened in the scan. Which isn't surprising. Elektra's blocked bullets after they were fired from a gun, and Batgirl's dodged bullets after they were fired, too. Both peak human.

Not surprising with Cap.

iceman24567
This is Deadshot... Yeah i know eek!

darthgoober
Deadshot is a better marksman than all the guys you named.
It's not a matter of aim, it's a matter of him being able to block/dodge bullets(if we're talking about Steve I mean)... He also went up against Bullseye, but off the top of my head I can't remember whether or not he ever used a gun so that might actually not be very big of a deal.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Enyalus
Um, that's exactly what it looks like that happened in the scan. Which isn't surprising. Elektra's blocked bullets after they were fired from a gun, and Batgirl's dodged bullets after they were fired, too. Both peak human.

Not surprising with Cap. all i'm saying is interpreting it that way seems to be illogical to me. when it could very well be logically interpreted differently.

darthgoober
all i'm saying is interpreting it that way seems to be illogical to me. when it could very well be logically interpreted differently.
It's only illogical if you start off under the assumption that Cap can't react to bullets. But you know I can post multiple scans showing that he can...

namorsubby
It's only illogical if you start off under the assumption that Cap can't react to bullets. But you know I can post multiple scans showing that he can... many people faster than cap who have been shown to be able to react to bullets can easily be hit by deadshot.

example:

captain boomerang can react well enough to fired bullets to deflect each individual one with a single paper clip(he's a super-speedster), but as it has been shown, he still can seem to manage to get out of the way of deadshot's gun.lol

edit:

peak humans evade and react to bullets because of the shooters who's moves they anticipate. deadshot is literally in a league of his own when it comes to shooters

grimify
Bruce has floored Deadshot with a batarang before he could fire... why couldn't Steve do it with a shield? wink

darthgoober
many people faster than cap who have been shown to be able to react to bullets can easily be hit by deadshot.

example:

captain boomerang can react well enough to fired bullets to deflect each individual one with a single paper clip(he's a super-speedster), but as it has been shown, he still can seem to manage to get out of the way of deadshot's gun.lol

edit:

peak humans evade and react to bullets because of the shooters who's moves they anticipate. deadshot is leterally in a league of his own when it comes to shooters
Was he shown to be unable to, or did he not try?

Enyalus
Originally posted by grimify
Bruce has floored Deadshot with a batarang before he could fire... why couldn't Steve do it with a shield? wink
Oh snap.

namorsubby
Originally posted by grimify
Bruce has floored Deadshot with a batarang before he could fire... why couldn't Steve do it with a shield? wink lol........that was in the batman 80-page giant......and floyd was drunk out of his mind. he KTFO of batman earlier in the same issue with a coin shot from his gun.

Darth Martin
deadshot will hit whatever the shield isn't covering, and before cap can toss it. That was my argument in the RoboCop vs Cap thread. smile

Problem is, Cap has prep.

namorsubby
also we all know of the specific weakness deadshot has against batman, and we all know that's the only thing keeping bats alive every time they meet

ps:

if you don't actually know, then i'll tell you. batman found out somehow that deadshot subconsciously pulls his shots with him and he's the only one who knows why. there's proof of this on my thread

it hasn't been revealed yet, but i'm pretty sure it has something to do with deadshot being reminded of his non-lethal days when he first met batman. he only used trick shots to incapacitate people, and wouldn't kill. to this day he even lays blatantly missed shots down and reverts to trickery on occassion

namorsubby
Was he shown to be unable to, or did he not try? what?

he tried to get out of deadshot's sight and couldn't. he was inches away from him and couldn't. deadshot was simply toying with him as well:
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/?action=view&current=SuicideSquad0415.jpg
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/?action=view&current=SuicideSquad0416.jpg

darthgoober
what?

he tried to get out of deadshot's sight and couldn't. he was inches away from him and couldn't. deadshot was simply toying with him as well:
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/?action=view&current=SuicideSquad0415.jpg
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/?action=view&current=SuicideSquad0416.jpg
Dude they're REALLY close to each other. The guys start farther away than that in forum fights and Boomerang DID dodge the bullets so it's not really any indication that Cap won't be able to dodge Deadshot. What it is though, is a very impressive speed/reflex feat. Now I'm kinda torn on who takes this...

darthgoober
many people faster than cap who have been shown to be able to react to bullets can easily be hit by deadshot.

example:

edit:

peak humans evade and react to bullets because of the shooters who's moves they anticipate. deadshot is literally in a league of his own when it comes to shooters

Wow I just caught that edit...

Maybe some do, but Cap dodges bullets because he can see them in flight. There are scans floating around somewhere.

Lord Feron
Cap FTW

Daredevil1
Cap wins.

namorsubby
Wow I just caught that edit...

Maybe some do, but Cap dodges bullets because he can see them in flight. There are scans floating around somewhere. there's not a slither of a chance that he can see them and react to them faster than captain boomerang, so it doesn't matter

namorsubby
Dude they're REALLY close to each other. The guys start farther away than that in forum fights and Boomerang DID dodge the bullets so it's not really any indication that Cap won't be able to dodge Deadshot. What it is though, is a very impressive speed/reflex feat. Now I'm kinda torn on who takes this...

cap b dodged those bullets because deadshot wasn't even trying to hit him. that is obvious is it not?

edit:
i think the fact that he was so close is the significant factor here. this super-speedster was inches away and still couldn't get to deadshot before he'd be able to put a hole in him. that was really my main point in showing it

darthgoober
there's not a slither of a chance that he can see them and react to them faster than captain boomerang, so it doesn't matter
Cap B DID react to the bullets though, DS missed twice at point blank range. Unless you have some proof to support the notion that DS's bullet's travel faster than the bullets Steve's dodged/reacted to in the past it's still well within the realm of possibility for Cap to either dodge them or get his shield up to block them.

cap b dodged those bullets because deadshot wasn't even trying to hit him. that is obvious is it not?

edit:
i think the fact that he was so close is the significant factor here. this super-speedster was inches away and still couldn't get to deadshot before he'd be able to put a hole in him. that was really my main point in showing it
He dodged the bullets because he's fast enough to dodge bullets.

DS interrupted a speedster's rush, that's impressive but it's not too uncommon overall. The scans clearly demonstrate that Cap won't be blitzing DS, but they in no way indicate that Cap would be unable to dodge DS's bullets.

namorsubby
Cap B DID react to the bullets though, DS missed twice at point blank range. Unless you have some proof to support the notion that DS's bullet's travel faster than the bullets Steve's dodged/reacted to in the past it's still well within the realm of possibility for Cap to either dodge them or get his shield up to block them.

He dodged the bullets because he's fast enough to dodge bullets.

DS interrupted a speedster's rush, that's impressive but it's not too uncommon overall. The scans clearly demonstrate that Cap won't be blitzing DS, but they in no way indicate that Cap would be unable to dodge DS's bullets. kinda does.

dodging bullets is more than reacting to a bullet's speed, as deadshot has shown. it has a lot to do with just how fast the shooter can react, and how quickly and accurately he can place bullets in your path. deadshot has proved this.he's ten times faster than your average marksman, which is why many who have been shown to casually evade bullets have been hit or could easily be hit by him.

edit:

i'm sorry, but when you say "deadshot missed twice at point blank range" it seems as if you are implicating that he was actually attempting to hit him and simply couldn't. is that so?

deadshot could've hit him, that is obvious. being fast enough to dodge bullets is one thing, being fast enough to dodge bullets shot by a serious deadshot is an entirely different thing

Marvelknight
Captain America ftw.

darthgoober
kinda does.

dodging bullets is more than reacting to a bullet's speed, as deadshot has shown. it has a lot to do with just how fast the shooter can react, and how quickly and accurately he can place bullets in your path. deadshot has proved this.he's ten times faster than your average marksman, which is why many who have been shown to casually evade bullets have been hit or could easily be hit by him.

edit:

i'm sorry, but when you say "deadshot missed twice at point blank range" it seems as if you are implicating that he was actually attempting to hit him and simply couldn't. is that so?

deadshot could've hit him, that is obvious. being fast enough to dodge bullets is one thing, being fast enough to dodge bullets shot by a serious deadshot is an entirely different thing
Unless Deadshot can control his bullets after they're fired, his own personal speed will in no way help him shoot Cap. Once the bullet's out of the barrel and Cap see's it, it's just a matter of him raising his shield or getting out of the way. Deadshot can try to anticipate Cap's moves and shoot where Cap will be(try being the operative word there), but Cap will still see those bullets and dodge or block them. All Deadpool's own personal speed will really contribute is increasing the rate in which Deadpool pulls the trigger and making sure the gun is pointed at Cap AT THE TIME IT'S FIRED. But since Cap can handle automatic gunfire and will be able to get out of the way of the bullet's after they're fired, DS's still not likely to hit him.

namorsubby
Unless Deadshot can control his bullets after they're fired, his own personal speed will in no way help him shoot Cap. Once the bullet's out of the barrel and Cap see's it, it's just a matter of him raising his shield or getting out of the way. Deadshot can try to anticipate Cap's moves and shoot where Cap will be(try being the operative word there), but Cap will still see those bullets and dodge or block them. All Deadpool's own personal speed will really contribute is increasing the rate in which Deadpool pulls the trigger and making sure the gun is pointed at Cap AT THE TIME IT'S FIRED. But since Cap can handle automatic gunfire and will be able to get out of the way of the bullet's after they're fired, DS's still not likely to hit him. so you're saying deadshot is not likely to be able hit captain america???? this non-super speedster who is most likely completely equal if not, only a bit faster than a peak human like batman, who knows that deadshot could easily hit him if it wasn't for his so cleverly used plot device.

if the point you're trying to make here was so, then the very concept behind deadshot would not work. deadshot can hit those guys who react to bullets because he can react to them, that and he's pretty much 100% accurate. you're only considering the bullet, and leaving floyd out of the equation

deadshot reflex/reaction speed is faster than cap, and that's why he can hit him with bullets. you're not simply considering how fast the bullet is moving, but how fast deadshot is accurately getting the shot off

edit:
hasn't bullseye hit cap with a shovel?

darthgoober
so you're saying deadshot is not likely to be able hit captain america???? this non-super speedster who is most likely completely equal if not, only a bit faster than a peak human like batman, who knows that deadshot could easily hit him if it wasn't for his so cleverly used plot device.

if the point you're trying to make here was so, then the very concept behind deadshot would not work. deadshot can hit those guys who react to bullets because he can react to them, that and he's pretty much 100% accurate. you're only considering the bullet, and leaving floyd out of the equation

deadshot reflex/reaction speed is faster than cap, and that's why he can hit him with bullets. you're not simply considering how fast the bullet is moving, but how fast deadshot is accurately getting the shot off

edit:
hasn't bullseye hit cap with a shovel?
I'm saying that Cap can dodge/block bullets after they're fired, therefor he can dodge/block bullets after they're fired.

Most likely he can hit those bullet dodgers with bullets via PIS or extenuating circumstances, but I can't say for sure because I haven't seen the instances you're referring to.

His reactions mean Jack after the bullets leave the gun. If Cap can raise his shield or get out of the way after the bullet's fired it doesn't matter how on target it was before it was fired because the bullet was aimed at a point in space that is now obstructed by Cap's shield or is no longer occupied by Cap's body.

Hasn't Flash and Superman been hit by things that weren't even moving at mach 1?

namorsubby
I'm saying that Cap can dodge/block bullets after they're fired, therefor he can dodge/block bullets after they're fired.

Most likely he can hit those bullet dodgers with bullets via PIS or extenuating circumstances, but I can't say for sure because I haven't seen the instances you're referring to.

His reactions mean Jack after the bullets leave the gun. If Cap can raise his shield or get out of the way after the bullet's fired it doesn't matter how on target it was before it was fired because the bullet was aimed at a point in space that is now obstructed by Cap's shield or is no longer occupied by Cap's body.

Hasn't Flash and Superman been hit by things that weren't even moving at mach 1? PIS? why would you say that? you've seen his reflex speed first hand, I think you get what i'm saying.

like i said, you're leaving floyd's reflexes and speed out of the equation.i know cap can react to bullets after they're fired, or at least i'm taking that as a given to advance the debate, but that doesn't matter. cap is fast enough to react to bullets(so is slade, cap b, and any other superspeedster), but floyd is fast enough to react to cap and those guys and therefore can hit him and/or them with bullets. Floyd's faster than cap, and i really don't say that in reference to overall speed, although that could be true as well. look at it like this:

deadshot's quick-draw speed, or speed when firing a gun is superior to cap's overall speed/agility, which i'm equating to his ability to manuver out of the way of things like bullets. so the fact that cap can react to bullets is somewhat irrelevant. floyd lifts his gun, aims, and fires faster than someone with cap's speed can realize a threat, and react with motion sufficient enough to evade it. which is very logical when you think about it. it's a lot easier to lift, aim, and fire than to physically dodge incoming attacks and could be done more quickly

edit:

if all this you're saying of cap is true, then you'd also be telling me that he has never been hit by a bullet or anything slower without having been distracted somehow or some dibilitating circumstance, right? what about against crossbones? or bulleye's shovel?

darthgoober
PIS? why would you say that? you've seen his reflex speed first hand, I think you get what i'm saying.

like i said, you're leaving floyd's reflexes and speed out of the equation.i know cap can react to bullets after they're fired, or at least i'm taking that as a given to advance the debate, but that doesn't matter. cap is fast enough to react to bullets(so is slade, cap b, and any other superspeedster), but floyd is fast enough to react to cap and those guys and therefore can hit him and/or them with bullets. Floyd's faster than cap, and i really don't say that in reference to overall speed, although that could be true as well. look at it like this:

deadshot's quick-draw speed, or speed when firing a gun is superior to cap's overall speed/agility, which i'm equating to his ability to manuver out of the way of things like bullets. so the fact that cap can react to bullets is somewhat irrelevant. floyd lifts his gun, aims, and fires faster than someone with cap's speed can realize a threat, and react with motion sufficient enough to evade it. which is very logical when you think about it. it's a lot easier to lift, aim, and fire than to physical lydodge incoming attacks

edit:

if all this you're saying of cap is true, then you'd also be telling me that he has never been hit by a bullet or anything slower without having been distracted somehow or some dibilitating circumstance, right? what about against crossbones? or bulleye's shovel?
Because his reflex's don't increase the speed that the bullets travel at.

How's are you thinking he'll react aside from shooting another bullet(which can also be dodged/blocked)? The first bullet's already in the air and his reactions won't change the path of the bullet after Cap see's it and steps to the left or raises his shield to block it.

Would you like to do a feat comparison to prove that he can lift his gun and fire before Cap lifts his shield in defense? And regardless of DS's speed, Cap's still going to see the bullets in the air and deal with them. I'm not talking about Cap staying ahead of the aim of a gunman, I'm talking about him dodging/blocking the bullet in response to it being fired.

No I wouldn't, any more than a fan of Superman or the Flash would say that one of them had never been hit by something moving with less speed than a bullet. People get hit in comics all the time...

Dagarkin

How's are you thinking he'll react aside from shooting another bullet(which can also be dodged/blocked)? The first bullet's already in the air and his reactions won't change the path of the bullet after Cap see's it and steps to the left or raises his shield to block it.

Would you like to do a feat comparison to prove that he can lift his gun and fire before Cap lifts his shield in defense? And regardless of DS's speed, Cap's still going to see the bullets in the air and deal with them. I'm not talking about Cap staying ahead of the aim of a gunman, I'm talking about him dodging/blocking the bullet in response to it being fired.

No I wouldn't, any more than a fan of Superman or the Flash would say that one of them had never been hit by something moving with less speed than a bullet. People get hit in comics all the time...
These are the scans your talking about Goober?
1st one is broken.
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/269/ca17015lw0.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/742/ca17016np5.jpg

namorsubby

deadshot aims and shoots before cap can dodge, so the bullet's speed are in essence added to DS's superior reflexes, meaning cap can be hit.

before you start at that,no, i don't mean "add" as in increasing the bullet's speed. deadshot aims and shoots too fast for cap to dodge. I can't see how that doesn't register.

what kind of feat comparison could prove that cap lift his shield before DS could lift his gun? they've never met for one, and for two, the feat against the super-speedster proves DS is faster reflex-wise........go ahead and find whatever scan you wish to put up against that.

still though, it's obvious you don't truly acknowledge the feat.it's also obvious that the scans wanted to make it clear that deadshot could've hit boomerang, and was simply toying with him, but you still say:
as if you either denying or ignoring the fact

i really don't know why i went for this one last time, i can see the futility of it already, but i'll take this as an indication that everything hasn't gone to waste:

i'll just end it by saying, cap is roughly bat-speed, and we know just how easily deadshot could tag him, if it wasn't for his specific weakness. regardless of that dibilitating weakness, deadshot has still managed to be fast enough to have to think not to be lethal with batman and still incapacitate him with bullets. also floyd has taken deathstroke, who some seem to think is very comparable to cap, even equal.......i think otherwise in the favor of slade but still. in conclusion, hitting super-speedsters justifies being able to hit peak humans so this statement seems strange to me:

namorsubby
These are the scans your talking about Goober?
1st one is broken.
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/269/ca17015lw0.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/742/ca17016np5.jpg

this right here could be easily interpreted to mean exactly what i said about peak humans. it's not that they're actually faster than bullets, but they see it about to be shot, and anticipate it's movement. This very statement from cap: "I just see faster", almost certainly suggests he doesn't actually possess the superhuman reflexes neccessary to react to a shot bullet, but instead just "sees faster", so can anticipate them. the key word is "just"......as if to say, i'm not that fast, i just......

"sees faster", seems to me to equal lengthy experience in such situations that allows him to "see" what's coming, or anticipate it.

occultdestroyer
I honestly think CA won't be able to dodge ALL the bullets fired at him by Deadshot.

In the long run, he will be shot sooner or later....
Wait.. what the hell am I saying?? DS kills CA with a single headshot.

Daredevil1
I'm sure Deadshot would eventually get him but Cap would shrugg it off and still take him out. Cap can close the distance better then most.

All his street regards him as being faster then them. And has ran a mile a minute. Crossbones shot Cap but a Cap in hand cuffs jumping in line of fire to take the bullet for a police officer. Plus he was wearing strength dampeners at the time.

Cap's been shot 4 times before and still didn't go down shows that the strength dampeners did affect him.

For those who brought up that scene. Your right in saying Bullseye got him with a shovel but his other attempts were neutralized.

namorsubby
........but he got him with a shovel.

if BS can hit him with a shovel, deadshot can hit him with bullets. people seem to forget that he has armor-piercing ang high explosives strong enough to completely destroy a manhunter(guardians of the universe's manhunters). what if he shoots a few of those? is cap gonna get out of the way in time. then there's the flamethower, and the flash bang, etc, etc

Survivor19
it seems to me you are forgetting Cap doesn't really have to dodge.
He has got shield.
And that shield will hit Deadshot in the forehead before he would start to draw.

namorsubby
lol.......yeah, cause he's way faster than the super-sppedster boomerang and can react before deadshot can think to react, right? completely wrong.

edit:

cap is going down like bats would go down if deadshot had no subconscious softspot for him

Daredevil1
........but he got him with a shovel.

if BS can hit him with a shovel, deadshot can hit him with bullets. people seem to forget that he has armor-piercing ang high explosives strong enough to completely destroy a manhunter(guardians of the universe's manhunters). what if he shoots a few of those? is cap gonna get out of the way in time. then there's the flamethower, and the flash bang, etc, etc

Bullseye has tagged lots of characters with his throwing ability and he has shown the ability to throw things faster then bullets. It borders on a looney tunes level with Bullseye. The guy Knocked out Daredevil with a paper air plane. And has even thrown things through bullet proof glass.

Plus Cap has blocked and dodged bullets before even Cyborg or Robots with computer guided aim fall short to hit Cap in time. Plus in this battle they'll both have prep and Cap is a tactical genius thanks to his enhanced mind. I'm sure Deadshot can tag Cap and win but IMO Cap takes him the majority of the time.

namorsubby
alrighty then.

i've expended a bit of energy here, so I'll just say Deadshot FTW

PRAYERRUN

If Cap knows he's coming, and it's more of a battlefield than say... a crowded city block, then Cap destroys him, though. you could say the same thing about any dude with a gun.

namorsubby
hopefully no one is trying to equate floyd to "any dude with a gun"

PRAYERRUN
what I'm trying to say is that Cap could be killed by a speeding bullet just like anybody else. That doesn't mean he will be.

darthgoober
deadshot aims and shoots before cap can dodge, so the bullet's speed are in essence added to DS's superior reflexes, meaning cap can be hit.

before you start at that,no, i don't mean "add" as in increasing the bullet's speed. deadshot aims and shoots too fast for cap to dodge. I can't see how that doesn't register.

what kind of feat comparison could prove that cap lift his shield before DS could lift his gun? they've never met for one, and for two, the feat against the super-speedster proves DS is faster reflex-wise........go ahead and find whatever scan you wish to put up against that.

still though, it's obvious you don't truly acknowledge the feat.it's also obvious that the scans wanted to make it clear that deadshot could've hit boomerang, and was simply toying with him, but you still say:
If Cap can dodge bullet's after they're fired then he can dodge bullets after they're fired, Captain Boomerang's showing against DS doesn't take away from Cap's given abilities.

You'd need some "quick drawing" feats to support the claim. And if you find them, I can post numerous scans supporting Cap's ability to raise his shield at high speeds to compare them to. If being able to follow the movements of and tag and speedster is enough, then Cap's being able to follow the movements of and being able to tag several speedsters(such as the Wizzer, Whirlwind, and Quicksilver) over the years is probably right up there with it depending on how fast Boomerang actually is.

as if you either denying or ignoring the fact

i really don't know why i went for this one last time, i can see the futility of it already, but i'll take this as an indication that everything hasn't gone to waste:
I'm not denying or ignoring anything. I'm saying that he dodged the bullets because he's fast enough to dodge the bullets. DS may very well be able to follow CB's movements, but it doesn't mean that his bullets travel faster than CB can react to.

i'll just end it by saying, cap is roughly bat-speed, and we know just how easily deadshot could tag him, if it wasn't for his specific weakness. regardless of that dibilitating weakness, deadshot has still managed to be fast enough to have to think not to be lethal with batman and still incapacitate him with bullets. also floyd has taken deathstroke, who some seem to think is very comparable to cap, even equal.......i think otherwise in the favor of slade but still. in conclusion, hitting super-speedsters justifies being able to hit peak humans so this statement seems strange to me:
Batman and Deathstroke don't carry shields. Having a shield makes things a lot easier to keep from getting hit by. Especially when it's being wielded by someone like Cap.

Juntai
Cap will win most encounters. Deadshot will put it together once in a while maybe, but not nearly as often as Cap will find him and knock his teeth out.

namorsubby
If Cap can dodge bullet's after they're fired then he can dodge bullets after they're fired, Captain Boomerang's showing against DS doesn't take away from Cap's given abilities.

You'd need some "quick drawing" feats to support the claim. And if you find them, I can post numerous scans supporting Cap's ability to raise his shield at high speeds to compare them to. If being able to follow the movements of and tag and speedster is enough, then Cap's being able to follow the movements of and being able to tag several speedsters(such as the Wizzer, Whirlwind, and Quicksilver) over the years is probably right up there with it depending on how fast Boomerang actually is.

I'm not denying or ignoring anything. I'm saying that he dodged the bullets because he's fast enough to dodge the bullets. DS may very well be able to follow CB's movements, but it doesn't mean that his bullets travel faster than CB can react to.

Batman and Deathstroke don't carry shields. Having a shield makes things a lot easier to keep from getting hit by. Especially when it's being wielded by someone like Cap. ......................

alrighty then.

i've expended a bit of energy here, so I'll just say Deadshot FTW

ankur29
CA

namorsubby
Bump2gunscaptainamerica

Prep-Man
I can see DS winning, if he doesn't mess around.

darthgoober
Caps suit and shield are bullet proof. Cap dodges bullets all the time. Cap's beaten Bullseye.

Cap wins big grin

namorsubby
Cap's suit has been penetrated by bullets. Deadshot hits bullet dodgers all the time. Deadshot beat Deathstroke.

also, Bullseye hit cap with a shovel........a shovel.

Deadshot FTW big grin

darthgoober
Cap's suit has been penetrated by bullets. Deadshot hits bullet dodgers all the time. Deadshot beat Deathstroke.

also, Bullseye hit cap with a shovel........a shovel.

Deadshot FTW big grin
His suits also been shown to be bullet proof. He's also dodged people who are capable of hitting people who dodge bullets. Cap's more impressive than Deathstroke.

And lol about the shovel...

namorsubby
His suits also been shown to be bullet proof. He's also dodged people who are capable of hitting people who dodge bullets. Cap's more impressive than Deathstroke.

And lol about the shovel...

Bullets have penetrated his suit. Can't be completely bulletproof, can it?

Like who? Like someone who could easily off Bruce if he meant to? Like someone who has killed super-speedsters? No.

LMAO. Not even worth replying to.

Why lol at the shovel? It did hit the famous bullet-outrunning Captain America, didn't it? confused

darthgoober
Bullets have penetrated his suit. Can't be completely bulletproof, can it?

Like who? Like someone who could easily off Bruce if he meant to? Like someone who has killed super-speedsters? No.

LMAO. Yeah, I believe that once he starts owning the avengers every third week.

Why lol at the shovel? It did hit the infamous bullet-outrunning Captain America, didn't it? confused
So bullets have never penetrated Batman's suit(since you said it was bulletproof in the other thread and all)?

Like Quicksilver.

So Slade's owned the Titans and/or JLA every third week huh? Do the math before you answer...

Because bullet dodgers get tagged all the time in melee. I know that you yourself consider Batman to be a bullet dodger, but I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't have to look very far to see one of his human villains hitting him with something that's laying around...

namorsubby
So bullets have never penetrated Batman's suit(since you said it was bulletproof in the other thread and all)?

Like Quicksilver.

So Slade's owned the Titans and/or JLA every third week huh? Do the math before you answer...

Because bullet dodgers get tagged all the time in melee. I know that you yourself consider Batman to be a bullet dodger, but I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't have to look very far to see one of his human villains hitting him with something that's laying around...

I do believe I specifically said......well, i can show you better than can tell you:
Batman

Bruce's suit is mostly bulletproof. He dodges bullets all the time. He beats Deadshot all the time.

How does the fact that he has tagged QS have anything to do with the fact that he can be tagged by Deadshot? Are his reflexes on QS's level? No. Irrelevant.

Let's see what Slade has to say about that:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/batgirl004-09.jpg

Now let's see what one of the most powerful Titans has to say about it:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/TheTitans22p17.jpg

Either way, I edited once I decided that wasn't even worth responding to.lol, Look above at the post^^

How is any of that relevant? So they get hit in fights, yeah. Has nothing to do with the fact that despite their ability to dodge bullets, they can't seem to evade Deadshot. What I'm saying is:

It has nothing to do with bullets. It has everything to do with Deadshot.

darthgoober
Actually now that I think of it dodging Quicksilver is an example of him dodging a speedster but not in an applicable sense because it was melee. But give me a minute and I'm sure I can come up with an example of him dodging a bullet shot by someone with superspeed...

darthgoober
I do believe I specifically said......well, i can show you better than can tell you:

How does the fact that he has tagged QS have anything to do with the fact that he can be tagged by Deadshot? Are his reflexes on QS's level? No. Irrelevant.

Either way, I edited once I decided that wasn't even worth responding to.lol, Look above at the post^^

How is any of that relevant? So they get hit in fights, yeah. Has nothing to do with the fact that despite their ability to dodge bullets, they can't seem to evade Deadshot. What I'm saying is:

I noticed it was an off example right as you did evidently(just look at the times of our post), but I'll respond to the rest shortly.

namorsubby
I noticed it was an off example right as you did evidently(just look at the times of our post), but I'll respond to the rest shortly.
EDIT

I'm officially lost as to which example you're referencing.

EDIT AGAIN.

Oh. You're refering to your statement about QS. I thought you meant what I posted from Donna/Slade.

darthgoober
And if you'll notice, I also mentioned Cap's shield in regards to Cap being bulletproof. What I think is really funny is that you'd prefer to run with the inconsistancy in regards to their suits. Personally, I consider both Cap and Bat's suits to be bulletproof, period(within reason of course, I know there are armor piercing bullets and all). Normal bullets get through sometimes because some writers take the stance that their suits are spandex, but when the armor's been written in and addressed multiple times the times it should be considered present for in a forum fight.

Well if you're only basing off the fact that Deadshot has shot people that can dodge bullets do I really need to point out all the who can dodge bullets that have been shot by Bullseye or even the Punisher?

Them speaking poetically doesn't alter reality. How many fights do you have posted in the respect thread and did you leave any out? And by "not worth responding to" you meant "I can't successfully counter this", right?

It's relevant because you're trying to drag Cap down via Bullseye/shovel when your point about Deadshot could equally be applied to him.

namorsubby
And if you'll notice, I also mentioned Cap's shield in regards to Cap being bulletproof. What I think is really funny is that you'd prefer to run with the inconsistancy in regards to their suits. Personally, I consider both Cap and Bat's suits to be bulletproof, period(within reason of course, I know there are armor piercing bullets and all). Normal bullets get through sometimes because some writers take the stance that their suits are spandex, but when the armor's been written in and addressed multiple times the times it should be considered present for in a forum fight.

Well if you're only basing off the fact that Deadshot has shot people that can dodge bullets do I really need to point out all the who can dodge bullets that have been shot by Bullseye or even the Punisher?

Them speaking poetically doesn't alter reality. How many fights do you have posted in the respect thread and did you leave any out? And by "not worth responding to" you meant "I can't successfully counter this", right?

It's relevant because you're trying to drag Cap down via Bullseye/shovel when your point about Deadshot could equally be applied to him.

I don't think either of their suits are written as consistently completely bulletproof. Therefore I consider them mostly bulletproof. Either way Deadshot is most likely packing armor piercing bullets. They got through Slade's suit(which has deflected helicopter bullets).

Those guys aren't Deadshot. The thing i've been trying to emphasize it that it has never really mattered whether the person facing Lawton is a known bullet-dodger, or even faster than bullets. Ask Slade, Ask the one dead super-speedster(Jaculi, whom he killed), Ask anyone.

Poetically?

Of course Slade was speaking sarcastically, but I'm pretty sure both meant to say " The Titans have been defeated by Slade alot".Would you not agree? Many things are mentioned by characters that seem to have occured off-panel. Maybe several defeats aren't even on paper. One thing is apparent, at least from those statements. The Titans and Slade are in agreeance that Slade has beaten them a lot.

I think I just proved it. I'd call that "successfully countering" it. But really, the statement was literally not worth responding to, because it is so obviously untrue. No sarcasm intended.

I'm not draggin Cap anywhere. It happened didn't it?

You're talking about melee fights. I'm talking about the fact that BS can throw a shovel as a projectile fast enough to nail Cap, but you still somehow believe that Floyd won't tag him with a bullet.

Dum Dum Dugan
this is in repsonses to Bullseye hitting capt with a shovel

your trying to pretend bullseye throws objects on a human level when he does not. He throw a friggin paper air plane so fast it knocked out DD. The guy throws objects like guns firer bullets. There is nothing human about the way or speed in which he can launch items.

darthgoober
I don't think either of their suits are written as consistently completely bulletproof. Therefore I consider them mostly bulletproof. Either way Deadshot is most likely packing armor piercing bullets. They got through Slade's suit(which has deflected helicopter bullets).
I never said it was written that way consistantly, in fact I specifically talked about some writers treating them like spandex. Now I don't know for sure how durable Batman's suit is portrayed, but Cap has multiple instances of bullets bouncing off his armor, and I consider that to be pretty "bulletproof". Not as an absolute of course, but close enough to qualify to the laymen.

Those guys aren't Deadshot. The thing i've been trying to emphasize it that it has never really mattered whether the person facing Lawton is a known bullet-dodger, or even faster than bullets. Ask Slade, Ask the one dead super-speedster(Jaculi, whom he killed), Ask anyone.
But they have marksmanship feats right on par with his.

Poetically?

Of course Slade was speaking sarcastically, but I'm pretty sure both meant to say " The Titans have been defeated by Slade alot".Would you not agree? Many things are mentioned by characters that seem to have occured off-panel. Maybe several defeats aren't even on paper. One thing is apparent, at least from those statements. The Titans and Slade are in agreeance that Slade has beaten them a lot.
And he has defeated them a lot, but you asked for specifics in regards to Cap.

I think I just proved it. I'd call that "successfully countering" it. But really, the statement was literally not worth responding to, because it is so obviously untrue. No sarcasm intended.
It's not obviously untrue, because there isn't a feat you can post for Slade that I can't match/exceed with a feat from Cap.

I'm not draggin Cap anywhere. It happened didn't it?

You're talking about melee fights. I'm talking about the fact that BS can throw a shovel as a projectile fast enough to nail Cap, but you still somehow believe that Floyd won't tag him with a bullet.
That's Bullseye for you, he's portrayed a lot like Deadshot as far as accuracy goes. He's also shot at Cap, and Cap dodged/blocked.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
this is in repsonses to Bullseye hitting capt with a shovel

your trying to pretend bullseye throws objects on a human level when he does not. He throw a friggin paper air plane so fast it knocked out DD. The guy throws objects like guns firer bullets. There is nothing human about the way or speed in which he can launch items. I'm not pretending anything.

If you think BS can hit Cap with a shovel, but Deadshot can't hit him with bullets, then you're incorrect. That's the only point I'm making.

Deadshot is DC's BS with guns. The most consistently impressive human street-leveler in DC doesn't stand a chance at evading Floyd without some subconscious crock of a plot device. That should tell you something.

OneDumbG0
That's Bullseye for you, he's portrayed a lot like Deadshot as far as accuracy goes. He's also shot at Cap, and Cap dodged/blocked. They've encountered each other?

darthgoober
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
They've encountered each other?
Bullseye and Cap? Yeah, but I forget what issue.

OneDumbG0
^ crackers

I are disappoint.

You can remake that Revamped Cap Respect Thread.

If I'm a third done with my Revamped Hulk Respect Thread, you can get back on top of that sh1t.

Prep-Man
When did BE hit Cap with a shovel? Sounds PIS.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Streets of poison, after Cap had a complete blood transfusion that removed the SSS.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Silent Master
Streets of poison, after Cap had a complete blood transfusion that removed the SSS. Always heard about this, and always wanted to know: How was it ever restored?

darthgoober
Always heard about this, and always wanted to know: How was it ever restored?
His body regenerates it over time.

namorsubby
His body regenerates it over time. So it essentially just came back naturally?

Deadline
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Streets of Posion arc. BE threw a torchlight in his face that blinded Cap and threw the shovel at the same time.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Streets of poison, after Cap had a complete blood transfusion that removed the SSS.

I have the arc it was before, but BE got Cap by blinding him first.

I'm not pretending anything.

If you think BS can hit Cap with a shovel, but Deadshot can't hit him with bullets, then you're incorrect. That's the only point I'm making.

Deadshot is DC's BS with guns. The most consistently impressive human street-leveler in DC doesn't stand a chance at evading Floyd without some subconscious crock of a plot device. That should tell you something.

Unless Deadshot is carrying a torchlight no he won't.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4583/fight388sa.gif
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3349/fight394wg.gif
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/985/fight406lp.gif

Dum Dum Dugan
that was a cool fight

King Castle
old school cap was the shiznit.. not like now.

OneDumbG0
^ sam

namorsubby
Originally posted by Deadline

Unless Deadshot is carrying a torchlight no he won't.

No, He'll just need his guns roll eyes (sarcastic)

The notion that Cap could completely evade Floyd the entire match is laughable when you take into account that he's already proven he can hit much faster individuals. That, and Cap has been hit with bullets before.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ sam

Seconded.

Uriel005
Deadshot is only recorded as peak human. also someone mentioned Punisher accuracy... Frank... can be accurate when he wants... He just usually doesn't need to with the gear he packs. I mean when you're carrying several automatic pistols a couple assault rifles, maybe a combat shotgun, a sawed off shotgun maybe an under barrel grenade launcher and when called for a SAW do you really need to worry about accuracy?? Anyways in the more recent comics I've seen a steady climb in Captain America's abilities from peak human to a picking up cars and telephone poles.
Classic Cap I'd say Deadshot has a chance. It would come down to distance and environmental factors as well as Cap's mental attitude. Also even in an open field he would have to worry about Cap going Rambo on him and popping out of a 2 inch puddle with his tactical genius. Just like the tactical geni--- CREEEED. 10 points for whoever gets that joke btw.
Also Classic Cap's mental attitude. Is he going for the kill or incapacitate because IMO when Cap goes for the kill little things like a couple hundred bullets wouldn't slow him down because he does have the epic ignore crippling wounds when doing something important for Uncle Sam.

Modern Cap say from perhaps a few years before civil war era just cripples him.

aztec
Deadshot wins 10/10 just because he's soo f*cken awesome!! Happy Dance

Deadline
No, He'll just need his guns roll eyes (sarcastic)

C'mon man don't take the piss. You were using Bullseye as proof that Deadshot can hit Cap, fact of the matter he was only able to by trickery. Don't try to twist this shit around and act like I don't get the point

The notion that Cap could completely evade Floyd the entire match is laughable when you take into account that he's already proven he can hit much faster individuals.

Sometimes thats ABC logic. Punisher has shot people faster than Daken but still had more problems shooting a slower opponent.

That, and Cap has been hit with bullets before.

Thats rare, we don't take freak occurances as the norm.

namorsubby
C'mon man don't take the piss. You were using Bullseye as proof that Deadshot can hit Cap, fact of the matter he was only able to by trickery. Don't try to twist this shit around and act like I don't get the point

Sometimes thats ABC logic. Punisher has shot people faster than Daken but still had more problems shooting a slower opponent.

Thats rare, we don't take freak occurances as the norm.

1. Just a joke......but yeah, he'll use his guns. Also, if you go back and look, you'll see that I simply used bullseye as an example(well, honestly, more of a tease), and not a basis for argument.

2. It's not really comparable to ABC logic at all, actually. Deadshot has proven time and again that he can hit much faster foes than Cap. It should be considered more an established norm than something supported by a few scant instances. I didn't cite one example of him hitting someone faster and then use that as reason to conclude that he can hit Cap. Even if I had it would still be a little different from what is commonly interpreted as "ABC logic", and IMO, still a legit instance to cite in an arguement.

3.Just used that statment to establish that since Cap has been hit with bullets, that he can be. Ask Crossbones.

Also, I doubt he's come across a shooter as skilled as Deadshot. At his level DC streets comparable to Cap, who also dodge bullets on damn near a daily basis, don't stand a chance. Even metas wth superhuman reflexes, or super-speedsters that move faster than bullets are fair game. I've already mentioned his particular situaton with Bruce, and whether or not one considers Steve superior in speed, I doubt they could justify it being to the extent that what Bruce couldn't hope to evade Cap could indefinitely. Certainly not with feats, at least.

Deadline
1. Just a joke......but yeah, he'll use his guns. Also, if you go back and look, you'll see that I simply used bullseye as an example(well, honestly, more of a tease), and not a basis for argument.

You just can't admit to being wrong can you?

2. It's not really comparable to ABC logic at all, actually. Deadshot has proven time and again that he can hit much faster foes than Cap. It should be considered more an established norm than something supported by a few scant instances. I didn't cite one example of him hitting someone faster and then use that as reason to conclude that he can hit Cap. Even if I had it would still be a little different from what is commonly interpreted as "ABC logic", and IMO, still a legit instance to cite in an arguement .

Ok it's not ABC logic, anyway my point is just because somebody has shoot somebody faster in comics doesn't neccesarily mean he's going to shoot somebody slower, sounds funy but it's true. Sometimes a slower more skillful opponent is harder to hit.

3.Just used that statment to establish that since Cap has been hit with bullets, that he can be. Ask Crossbones.

Brilliant, but you understand the point were not taking into account freak occurances? Cap was wearing strength dampners when he got shot, it was stated that he was much slower..

Also, I doubt he's come across a shooter as skilled as Deadshot. At his level DC streets comparable to Cap, who also dodge bullets on damn near a daily basis, don't stand a chance. Even metas wth superhuman reflexes, or super-speedsters that move faster than bullets are fair game. I've already mentioned his particular situaton with Bruce, and whether or not one considers Steve superior in speed, I doubt they could justify it being to the extent that what Bruce couldn't hope to evade Cap could indefinitely. Certainly not with feats, at least.

Deathstroke is only slightly faster than Batman and when they fought they only time Deadshot got him was when they did a standoff. Based on that Cap really could dodge all of Deadshots bullets.

namorsubby
You just can't admit to being wrong can you?

Ok it's not ABC logic, anyway my point is just because somebody has shoot somebody faster in comics doesn't neccesarily mean he's going to shoot somebody slower, sounds funy but it's true. Sometimes a slower more skillful opponent is harder to hit.

Brilliant, but you understand the point were not taking into account freak occurances? Cap was wearing strength dampners when he got shot, it was stated that he was much slower..

Deathstroke is only slightly faster than Batman and when they fought they only time Deadshot got him was when they did a standoff. Based on that Cap really could dodge all of Deadshots bullets.

lol. Deadline, sometimes it's hard for me to understand how you fail to understand some things. I mentioned Bullseye tagging Cap as a jab/tease to DB, nothing else. Do I need to post my actual stances concerning the match to prove this, even though they are already in this very thread not too far back(I'm really asking you)?

It's sounds funny for a reason. If you constantly tag faster characters, you can tag said slower character. Cap can be as skilled as he wants to be. Doesn't make him any faster.

Cap has been shot more times than when he was killed. Call it what you may, but instances of him being hit with bullets would constitute proof that he can be. The fact that he rarely does in no way renders null and void the instances where he is. What, do you expect him to be shot the majority of his appearances, or even any significant percentage of them? No.

1. How on earth have you come to the conclusion that Slade is only slightly faster than Bruce? I believe the lowest his speed has been stated is 10x human. I doubt you could prove Steve is even that fast.

2.Slade mentioned that he probably threw off Floyd's aim when he slammed him against the wall.

3.If you really believe Cap could evade/deflect all of Floyd's bullets indefinitely, you should polish up on your Deadshot, and then comment in this match. Your suggesting that Steve's level of speed/reflexes would be too much for Floyd, and it's rather silly when you consider his history. It's been proven more than once on panel hat he can even follow the movement of super-speedsters and tag them, and despite your contest to it, I really consider Cap more Bruce level than anything. Bruce would be long dead if it were not for DS's affinity for him. That goes for anyone withh comparable speed/reflexes. Hell, even if you were to place Steve as slighty superior in that area, I don't see how it would make much difference.

According to forum rules, Cap starts wthin Floyd's line of sight 500 meters away. Featureless enviroment. That's such a huge advantage for Lawton that I don't see how he could not tag Cap.

Uriel005
As I said before the more current Cap's have moved beyond Peak human IMO. Also as I said before Cap has the irritating hero ability of ignore bullet wounds that should drop anyone 9/10 just to make the scene that much more epic and it's consistent enough for me to not call it PIS anymore.
I mean bullet to the brain, gets up in a few minutes ready to kick ass... Pre temporal bullet to the brain at the end of the civil war.

Badabing
What's peak human anymore? Handbook stats mean nothing.

Bat's has feats above peak human. He's stated that he can leg press 2,500 lbs, had military pressed well over 1,000 lbs, kicked a large tree in half and shattered a brick wall.

That said, Deadshot is not beating Bucky or Steve. If it's Elektra or Deathstroke, then we'd have a debate.

Jonah Hex
he died at end of civil war
didn't deadshot shot deathstroke a lot once
though he had help
anyway the guy on roids wins

Jonah Hex
Originally posted by Badabing

Bat's has feats above peak human. He's stated that he can leg press 2,500 lbs, had military pressed well over 1,000 lbs, kicked a large tree in half and shattered a brick wall.

That said, Deadshot is not beating Bucky or Steve. If it's Elektra or Deathstroke, then we'd have a debate. actually he beats bucky imo

iceman24567
Deadshot is a monster but he isn't beating Cap.

Uriel005

That said, Deadshot is not beating Bucky or Steve. If it's Elektra or Deathstroke, then we'd have a debate.

I was more pointing out the fact that Cap has the stereotypical bullets are ant bites until after the fight is over more than the peak human thing. It's the hero formula of villains get shot once and are instantly knocked out. Heroes get shot a million times over scream then bull rush assailants and/or mow them down in a wave of return fire.

namorsubby

The Caps deflect bullets with large shields.......Elektra and Slade deflect bullets with sais and swords. I'd say that both do better than either Cap agaisnt Floyd.

Steve traversing 500 meters in Deadshot's direct line of sight while deflecting/evading all Floyd's bullets to put him down just sounds like a long shot by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

Originally posted by Uriel005
As I said before the more current Cap's have moved beyond Peak human IMO. Also as I said before Cap has the irritating hero ability of ignore bullet wounds that should drop anyone 9/10 just to make the scene that much more epic and it's consistent enough for me to not call it PIS anymore.
I mean bullet to the brain, gets up in a few minutes ready to kick ass... Pre temporal bullet to the brain at the end of the civil war.

I think you should factor in Steve's armor as the primary reason he can endure through bullets. I also think you're exaggerating a tad.

Badabing
Originally posted by Uriel005
I was more pointing out the fact that Cap has the stereotypical bullets are ant bites until after the fight is over more than the peak human thing. It's the hero formula of villains get shot once and are instantly knocked out. Heroes get shot a million times over scream then bull rush assailants and/or mow them down in a wave of return fire. Okay. I hear base strength or peak human now and go durhulk

stick out tongue
The Caps deflect bullets with large shields.......Elektra and Slade deflect bullets with sais and swords. I'd say that both do better than either Cap agaisnt Floyd.

Steve traversing 500 meters in Deadshot's direct line of sight while deflecting/slash evading all Floyd's to put him down just sounds like a a long shot by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

I think you should factor in Steve's armor as the primary reason he can endure through bullets. I also think you're exaggerating a tad. Then stretch your imagination further. sneer

Steve evading/deflecting gunfire is something he's been doing since the 1940's, Bucky too. uhuh

namorsubby
Okay. I hear base strength or peak human now and go durhulk

stick out tongue
Then stretch your imagination further. sneer

Steve evading/deflecting gunfire is something he's been doing since the 1940's, Bucky too. uhuh

Dodging bullets is something everyone is and has been doing. Floyd's hit much faster than Cap, and has created a sharp distinction between being able to evade bullets and being able to evade him with his showings against known bullet-dodgers and even super-speedsters.

Badabing
Dodging bullets is something everyone is and has been doing. Floyd's hit much faster than Cap, and has created a sharp distinction between being able to evade bullets and being able to evade him with his showings against known bullet-dodgers and even super-speedsters. I see the problem. Cap doesn't evade bullets, bullets evade Cap.

Jonah Hex
yeah cap is chuck norris on roids

darthgoober
lol. Deadline, sometimes it's hard for me to understand how you fail to understand some things. I mentioned Bullseye tagging Cap as a jab/tease to DB, nothing else. Do I need to post my actual stances concerning the match to prove this, even though they are already in this very thread not too far back(I'm really asking you)?

It's sounds funny for a reason. If you constantly tag faster characters, you can tag said slower character. Cap can be as skilled as he wants to be. Doesn't make him any faster.

Cap has been shot more times than when he was killed. Call it what you may, but instances of him being hit with bullets would constitute proof that he can be. The fact that he rarely does in no way renders null and void the instances where he is. What, do you expect him to be shot the majority of his appearances, or even any significant percentage of them? No.

1. How on earth have you come to the conclusion that Slade is only slightly faster than Bruce? I believe the lowest his speed has been stated is 10x human. I doubt you could prove Steve is even that fast.

2.Slade mentioned that he probably threw off Floyd's aim when he slammed him against the wall.

3.If you really believe Cap could evade/deflect all of Floyd's bullets indefinitely, you should polish up on your Deadshot, and then comment in this match. Your suggesting that Steve's level of speed/reflexes would be too much for Floyd, and it's rather silly when you consider his history. It's been proven more than once on panel hat he can even follow the movement of super-speedsters and tag them, and despite your contest to it, I really consider Cap more Bruce level than anything. Bruce would be long dead if it were not for DS's affinity for him. That goes for anyone withh comparable speed/reflexes. Hell, even if you were to place Steve as slighty superior in that area, I don't see how it would make much difference. If not, there's no reason to think that Cap will be unable to dodge/block DS's shots regardless of how good a shot he is.

According to forum rules, Cap starts wthin Floyd's line of sight 500 meters away. Featureless enviroment. That's such a huge advantage for Lawton that I don't see how he could not tag Cap.
I'm pretty sure I asked you this before but I can't remember if you ever answered, is there anything to suggest that DS's bullet's are faster than the bullet's Cap routinely dodges/blocks?

Deadline
Namorsubby is unreal. Serioulsy anybody else seeing the copius amounts of crack this guy smokes? Unreal. no expression

I dunno maybe later....unbelievable.

namorsubby
I'm pretty sure I asked you this before but I can't remember if you ever answered, is there anything to suggest that DS's bullet's are faster than the bullet's Cap routinely dodges/blocks?

No. But then again, DB, you continue to obsess on the bullet, while completely ignoring the creditials of the shooter. Floyd's timing, sight, accuracy, and own reflexes/reaction time has allowed him to hit much faster opponents than Steve with bullets. Do you want me to sit here and name how many Floyd has hit with bullets or another projectile that have been shown on-panel reacting to and evading them? They react to bullets. Floyd reacts to/follows their movements, times his shots, and lands them. He's hit and killed a super-speedster in mid-stride with a bullet after deflecting projectiles she had thrown with gunfire. He locked on to another super-speedster in mid-blitz whom he was literal inches away from, putting his gun to his chin before the guy could go through with his super-fast attack. He attributes showing like these to his sight and timing.

I don't know what it is. Either you must admit to ignoring those showings or not acknowledging them as invalid due to your apparent stance that no one can be hit with bullets that have the neccesary speed to react to and evade them. What's apparent to me is that Cap, and others who have this ability have been tagged before with bullets and other projectiles, but you seem to think that Steve could never be unless he was somehow distracted, etc according to your posts. Weird.

Namorsubby is unreal. Serioulsy anybody else seeing the copius amounts of crack this guy smokes? Unreal. no expression

I dunno maybe later....unbelievable.

lol, Please try to behave Deadline. Your sensitivity to an opposing argument which discredits you is evident in pretty much all your posts, but try to exhibit some self-control so we can keep matches open and not closed due to trolling, childish insults, etc. Okay?

darthgoober
No. But then again, DB, you continue to obsess on the bullet, while completely ignoring the creditials of the shooter. Floyd's timing, sight, accuracy, and own reflexes/reaction time has allowed him to hit much faster opponents than Steve with bullets. Do you want me to sit here and name how many Floyd has hit with bullets or another projectile that have been shown on-panel reacting to and evading them? They react to bullets. Floyd reacts to/follows their movements, times his shots, and lands them. He's hit and killed a super-speedster in mid-stride with a bullet after deflecting projectiles she had thrown with gunfire. He locked on to another super-speedster in mid-blitz whom he was literal inches away from, putting his gun to his chin before the guy could go through with his super-fast attack. He attributes showing like these to his sight and timing.

I don't know what it is. Either you must admit to ignoring those showings or not acknowledging them as invalid due to your apparent stance that no one can be hit with bullets that have the neccesary speed to react to and evade them. What's apparent to me is that Cap, and others who have this ability have been tagged before with bullets and other projectiles, but you seem to think that Steve could never be unless he was somehow distracted, etc according to your posts. Weird.

Deathstroke's been tagged by bullets, Spiderman's been tagged by bullets, Quicksilver's been tagged by bullets, Hell Flash has been tagged by bullets. If the character in question can legitimately react to/dodge bullets then DS hitting them is PIS, nothing more. Why? Because unless the bullets being controlled while it's in flight the moment it leaves the gun it's no longer up to DS whether or not the bullet hits it's target. If all he's doing is aiming at a particular point in space all bullet dodgers should have to do is move somewhere else. He may very well be able to do some kind of ricochette set up and hit them from behind, but his exceptional aim doesn't cap the speed his opponents operate at.

Deadline
If the character in question can legitimately react to/dodge bullets then DS hitting them is PIS,

I have to say I disagree with that somewhat.

Punisher shoots a speedster.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5332/punshootsspeedster.th.jpg

darthgoober
I have to say I disagree with that somewhat.

Punisher shoots a speedster.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5332/punshootsspeedster.th.jpg
What else would you call a character "forgetting" that they don't have to run into the bullet? I know there are characters that are exceptional at anticipating their opponents moves and setting up their opponents with stuff like trick shots, and depending on the cicumstances of the incident in question that kind of thing can lend some legitimacy to a bullet dodger getting hit. But anytime one of them would be able to stand there and just watch the bullet approach there's really no excusing it.

Deadline
But anytime one of them would be able to stand there and just watch the bullet approach there's really no excusing it.

If they're that first yes I agree, but when Cap says he can see bullets that doesn't mean he has all day to dodge them. It could be compared to us watching a tennis match.

Anyway looks like we agree really.

darthgoober
If they're that first yes I agree, but when Cap says he can see bullets that doesn't mean he has all day to dodge them. It could be compared to us watching a tennis match.

Anyway looks like we agree really.
Oh I don't think he could count to ten or anything like that while he was waiting on them to reach him, but he's taken deliberate responsive actions after bullets have been fired too many times for me to think they're in anyway difficult for him to dodge when he's written in top form. I mean it'd be one thing if he just jerked himself out of the way, but if he can turn around to block shots after hearing them fired...

Deadline
Oh I don't think he could count to ten or anything like that while he was waiting on them to reach him, but he's taken deliberate responsive actions after bullets have been fired too many times for me to think they're in anyway difficult for him to dodge when he's written in top form. I mean it'd be one thing if he just jerked himself out of the way, but if he can turn around to block shots after hearing them fired...

Ok but you can imagine how a highly skillful gunman could shoot Cap or give him a hard time?

darthgoober
Ok but you can imagine how a highly skillful gunman could shoot Cap or give him a hard time?
It would depend on a lot of factors, but sure.

namorsubby
Deathstroke's been tagged by bullets, Spiderman's been tagged by bullets, Quicksilver's been tagged by bullets, Hell Flash has been tagged by bullets. If the character in question can legitimately react to/dodge bullets then DS hitting them is PIS, nothing more. Why? Because unless the bullets being controlled while it's in flight the moment it leaves the gun it's no longer up to DS whether or not the bullet hits it's target. If all he's doing is aiming at a particular point in space all bullet dodgers should have to do is move somewhere else. He may very well be able to do some kind of ricochette set up and hit them from behind, but his exceptional aim doesn't cap the speed his opponents operate at.

If it was as cut and dry as you're making it, then Deadshot would be virtually obselete as an opponent to anyone, seeing as nearly everyone dodges bullets these days. I honestly think there's much more to consider than the one aspect you are set on. Floyd has referenced his sight and timing before as reason for doing those things I mentioned. Floyd's own reflexes, along the time and area in which he places a shot should be considered. Just because someone possesses the neccesary speed to evade something, doesn't mean they could never be hit by it. I could probably always move out of the way of someone throwing a paper ball at a certain speed if I'm ready for it. But let's say that the person sends several after one another in my relative area(like multiple gunfire), timing his throwing based on the movement of my reaction to the projectiles, or even placing them where he thinks I'll be next. I'll almost certainly be hit.

If you don't believe that someone who can dodge bullets could ever be hit by them due to other variables, then you're pretty much discrediting Floyd and his showings altogether.

Deadline
It would depend on a lot of factors, but sure.

For me its usually two things. You can technically make the bullet travel faster in the sense that you would pull the trigger faster, and if you know where they're going to be they can't dodge the bullet because they could literially walk into it.

darthgoober
If it was as cut and dry as you're making it, then Deadshot would be virtually obselete as an opponent to anyone, seeing as nearly everyone dodges bullets these days. I honestly think there's much more to consider than the one aspect you are set on. Floyd has referenced his sight and timing before as reason for doing those things I mentioned. Floyd's own reflexes, along the time and area in which he places a shot should be considered. Just because someone possesses the neccesary speed to evade something, doesn't mean they could never be hit by it. I could probably always move out of the way of someone throwing a paper ball at a certain speed if I'm ready for it. But let's say that the person sends several after one another in my relative area(like multiple gunfire), timing his throwing based on the movement of my reaction to the projectiles, or even placing them where he thinks I'll be next. I'll almost certainly be hit.

If you don't believe that someone who can dodge bullets could ever be hit by them due to other variables, then you're pretty much discrediting Floyd and his showings altogether.
Reletavely few street characters actually dodge bullets, most of them just dodge the shooters aim. And against a character like DS or Bullseye an aim dodger is screwed.

And I know that Cap being fast enough to dodge bullets doesn't mean it's impossible to shoot him, but his being fast enough to dodge them, having a shield and the ability to block them, and having armor that can stop them means that it's pretty freakin tough to take Cap out with a gun in a forum fight. That's something that you don't seem to be getting, it's not just Cap's speed that DS has to deal with.

Deadline
That's something that you don't seem to be getting, it's not just Cap's speed that DS has to deal with.

Cap has a big shield! durhulk

namorsubby
Reletavely few street characters actually dodge bullets, most of them just dodge the shooters aim. And against a character like DS or Bullseye an aim dodger is screwed.

And I know that Cap being fast enough to dodge bullets doesn't mean it's impossible to shoot him, but his being fast enough to dodge them, having a shield and the ability to block them, and armor that can stop them, means that it's pretty freakin tough to take Cap out with a gun in a forum fight. That's something that you don't seem to be getting, it's not just Cap's speed that DS has to deal with.

He's hit faster. He's penetrated many an armor with his bullets(which can be substituted for fire, explosives, etc), and Cap's armor isn't even always bulletproof or completely bulletproof. I know cap has a shield, but does it matter when he's already faced characters fast enough to deflect gunfire with swords, or move faster than gunfire? I don't think it does.

Cap and Deadshot start this match in a featureless environment 500 meters away from each other. If you don't think he could tag cap in a scenario like this then you haven't considered his feats. I honestly don't think you ever did, really, but more or less are just coming to your conclusion based on Cap and his attributes which you've mentioned without ever addressing anything else.

Deadline
He's hit faster. He's penetrated many an armor with his bullets(which can be substituted for fire, explosives, etc), and Cap's armor isn't even always bulletproof or completely bulletproof. I know cap has a shield, but does it matter when he's already faced characters fast enough to deflect gunfire with swords, or move faster than gunfire? I don't think it does.

Cap and Deadshot start this match in a featureless environment 500 meters away from each other. If you don't think he could tag cap in a scenario like this then you haven't considered his his feats. I honestly don't think you ever did, really, but more or less are just coming to your conclusion based on Cap and his attributes which you've mentioned without ever addressing anything else.

He didn't hit DS, DS doesn't have a shield. I'm referring to villains united.

namorsubby
He didn't hit DS, DS doesn't have a shield. I'm referring to villains united. They had a shoutout in that series in which he hit Slade several times with bullets and was hit several times himself in return. So, yeah, he did in Villians united.

Deadline
They had a shoutout in that series in which he hit Slade several times with bullets and was hit several times himself in return. So, yeah, he did in Villians united.

It was a stand-off. Prior to that when Deadshot tried to shot DS and DS was attempting to dodge Deadshot missed. no expression

They both got fed up and decided to have a Mexican stand-off. Thats why Lawton asked DS wether he still had his HF they were going to shoot at each other and stand their ground.

namorsubby
It was a stand-off. Prior to that when Deadshot tried to shot DS and DS was attempting to dodge Deadshot missed. no expression

They both got fed up and decided to have a Mexican stand-off. Thats why Lawton asked DS wether he still had his HF they were going to shoot at each other and stand their ground. Villains United #6, I know.

You forgot to mention that they were both trying to shoot each. Slade missed too. All that happened before they both came out for a showdown is they shot at one another while jumping for cover. That's like 2 seconds. Deadshot gets a look a Cap 500 meters away right in his line of sight at the beginning of this match. Cap has the misfortune of trying to avoid or block every bullet on his way to attack. The 2 scenarios are completely different. This one is in Floyd's favor.

Deadline
Villains United #6, I know.

You forgot to mentioned that they were both trying to shoot each. Slade missed too.

Irrelevent the point is in the stand-off at the end they were not attempting to dodge. When Deadshot tried to shot DS he missed. We are trying to determine wether Cap can dodge bullets not Lawton.

All that happened before they both came out for a showdown is they shot at one another while jumping for cover. That's like 2 seconds.

Completely incorrect it was alot more than 2 seconds. If it was 2 seconds they both wouldn't have got fed up. They both got fed up because they were both tired of playing cat and mouse, so they decided to end it.

darthgoober
He's hit faster. He's penetrated many an armor with his bullets(which can be substituted for fire, explosives, etc), and Cap's armor isn't even always bulletproof. I know cap has a shield, but does it matter when he's already faced characters fast enough to deflect gunfire with swords, or move faster than gunfire? I don't think it does.

Cap and Deadshot start this match in a featureless environment 500 meters away from each other. I you don't think he could tag cap in a scenario like this then you haven't considered his his feats. I honestly don't think you ever did, really, but more or less are just coming to your conclusion based on Cap and his attributes which you've mentioned without ever addressing anything else.
Ok first of all, the characters function at peak capacity so his armor's always pretty much bulletproof on the forum. Second, yes it matters when Cap's shield normally covers most of his torso but can damn near cover his whole body. Third, as I said before if he's shooting legitimate bullet dodgers without extenuating circumstances it's PIS, nothing more. His aim doesn't make them slower.

I think the 500 meters gives Cap LOTS of time to dodge/block the bullets and that the featureless enviornment means that there's nothing for DS to "trick shot" off of so he won't even be able to catch Cap by suprise... so basically DS has NO advantage in the opening seconds. I know that Cap is fast enough to block DS's shots with his shield or even get out of the way completely, and I know his armor's pretty much bulletproof so there's little chance of Cap being taken down with gunfire in a forum fight. And if you don't think Cap can take DS in a scenereo like this then you haven't considered his feats.

namorsubby
Irrelevent the point is in the stand-off at the end they were not attempting to dodge. When Deadshot tried to shot DS he missed.

Completely incorrect it was alot more than 2 seconds. If it was 2 seconds they both wouldn't have got fed up. They both got fed up because they were both tired of playing cat and mouse, so they decided to end it.

1. He has tried and succeeded before.

2. lol, do you think I don't know about their encounter or something?Here's what consists of all the shooting that took place before the stand-off. I think I actually overstated it by saying 2 seconds

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg

They both shoot while jumping for cover. That's it.

namorsubby
Ok first of all, the characters function at peak capacity so his armor's always pretty much bulletproof on the forum. Second, yes it matters when Cap's shield normally covers most of his torso but can damn near cover his whole body. Third, as I said before if he's shooting legitimate bullet dodgers without extenuating circumstances it's PIS, nothing more. His aim doesn't make them slower.

I think the 500 meters gives Cap LOTS of time to dodge/block the bullets and that the featureless enviornment means that there's nothing for DS to "trick shot" off of so he won't even be able to catch Cap by suprise... so basically DS has NO advantage in the opening seconds. I know that Cap is fast enough to block DS's shots with his shield or even get out of the way completely, and I know his armor's pretty much bulletproof so there's little chance of Cap being taken down with gunfire in a forum fight. And if you don't think Cap can take DS in a scenereo like this then you haven't considered his feats.

Like I said, you're calling anytime Floyd has ever hit a bullet-dodger PIS because you believe that the only thing that matters is if they're fast enough to react, which is discounting his feats altogether.

Like I said, his bullets penetrate armor and he has the options of explosives or fire, etc. I've also mention that a shield isn't a big advantage if Deadshot has already tagged those fast enough to deflect gunfire with much smaller objects or that can move faster than gunfire itself. You're not considering anything he's done, just restating the same three points, which are irrelevant according to Floyd's feats

Speed/reflexes to dodge bullets doesn't mean much to a character who has already overcome that in showings several times. Almost bulletproof, inconsistent armor means even less when he has bullets to penetrate it and can switch to bullets which can destroy a manhunter.

darthgoober
Like I said, you're calling anytime Floyd has ever hit a bullet-dodger PIS because you believe that the only thing that matters is if they're fast enough to react, which is discounting his feats altogether.

Like I said, his bullets penetrate armor and he has the options of explosives or fire, etc. I've also mention that a shield isn't a big advantage if Deadshot has already tagged those fast enough to deflect gunfire with much smaller objects or that can move faster than gunfire itself. You're not considering anything he's done, just restating the same three points, which are irrelevant according to Floyd's feats

Speed/reflexes to dodge bullets doesn't mean much to a character who has already overcome that in showings several times. Almost bulletproof, inconsistent armor means even less when he has bullets to penetrate it and can switch to bullets which can destroy a manhunter.
Aren't you the one who says that anytime Cap's ko'd someone with superhuman strength/durability h2h or tagged someone with speed like Spiderman's it's PIS? Would you like to compare the number of instances of each?

The shields a plenty big advantage because it covers damn near half his body. When Cap wades into gunfire he has an advantage over someone without a shield because they have to worry about their whole body being vulnerable while Cap has to worry about something like a third of his. Cap doesn't have to do any fancy moves when he see's a bullet coming for him, he just has to put his shield in the way.

Bullets don't mean much to a character who has already overcome them in showings several times. Not inconsistant on the forum, his armors working at full effect.

namorsubby
Aren't you the one who says that anytime Cap's ko'd someone with superhuman strength/durability h2h or tagged someone with speed like Spiderman's it's PIS? Would you like to compare the number of instances of each?

The shields a plenty big advantage because it covers damn near half his body. When Cap wades into gunfire he has an advantage over someone without a shield because they have to worry about their whole body being vulnerable while Cap has to worry about something like a third of his. Cap doesn't have to do any fancy moves when he see's a bullet coming for him, he just has to put his shield in the way.

Bullets don't mean much to a character who has already overcome them in showings several times. Not inconsistant on the forum, his armors working at full effect.

1. No, because that's irrelevant. Your problem to begin with is labeling something that isn't PIS as PIS though. You're thinking of one dimension of a circumstance that has many when it comes to dodging or evading bullets.

2. lol, half is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Either way he can't cover it all, and Floyd isn't limited to sending a bullet for every time Steve deflects in a relative area. He can send several in different places right after one another. I doubt Cap, even with a shield, can protect/evade against a bullet going for his head, while anothers going for the leg, and another at a different place, etc.

3. Your problem is, you keep mentioning bullets, but haven't saiid a word about Deadshot. You're not even taking into account what he himself has already done with bullets, and only basing your argument on the sheer fact that cap can dodge and deflect bullets. It's as if Floyd's not even his adversary, just the bullets. Consider his attributes and showings first, not his weaponry.

Daredevil1
Cap wins this 10/10.

BuckCap 7/10

Deadline
1. He has tried and succeeded before.

and hes failed before. DS isn't as fast as Captain Boomerang and DeadS still missed.

2. lol, do you think I don't know about their encounter or something?Here's what consists of all the shooting that took place before the stand-off. I think I actually overstated it by saying 2 seconds

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/deadshot/Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg

They both shoot while jumping for cover. That's it.

So what happened between that and the stand-off, they were obvoulsy shooting at each other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.