Who can defeat Superman inside the Sun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Without destroying the Sun?

Must be sub-skyfather.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1807/49875-superman_400.jpg

Akuki
Z, Dark Schneider,most transcendant beings.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Akuki
Z, Dark Schneider,most transcendant beings.

they must be sub-skyfather

Akuki
Originally posted by masterbruce
they must be sub-skyfather
i was under the impression that transcendent beings were one class below skyfathers.
Either way, non-majin dark schneider could take out Superman in the sun, and he's not transcendent level.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk

Scratch that under skyfather . . . I got nothing.

Supermanluv
Hal Jordan
Kyle Ryner
Alan Scott
Silver Surfer
Gennis Vehl/Photon

masterbruce
Originally posted by Supermanluv
Hal Jordan
Kyle Ryner
Alan Scott
Silver Surfer
Gennis Vehl/Photon

you think those guys can handle Superman inside the sun? Some of those guys would expend alot of energy just to survive inside the sun.

lando005
i was under the impression that transcendent beings were one class below skyfathers.
Either way, non-majin dark schneider could take out Superman in the sun, and he's not transcendent level. all good picks.... you got any comic book picks? smile

as for me doc strange ftw

Supermanluv
you think those guys can handle Superman inside the sun? Some of those guys would expend alot of energy just to survive inside the sun.

And most of them have virtually limitlesss energy sources, or can actually feed off the sun themselves.

vlaaad12345
Hal Jordan
Kyle Ryner
Alan Scott
Silver Surfer
Gennis Vehl/Photon
I fail to see how thats true,superman can take majorities over every regular gl except alan outside the sun they dont stand a chance against a supes taking a sunbath in the sun.

Akuki
Originally posted by lando005
all good picks.... you got any comic book picks? smile

as for me doc strange ftw
Classic Doc Strange is too high for this fight. He's easily in the transcendent category.

TheSentry
No.

GL's can take Superman. They are power houses when using their potential.

lando005
Classic Doc Strange is too high for this fight. He's easily in the transcendent category. he's still a mortal man (kinda) he qualifies by technicality shifty

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by TheSentry
No.

GL's can take Superman. They are power houses when using their potential.
So is superman,he can take nearly every regular gl in a majority he always has,sunbathed superman would destroy them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sadam Yot would beat the shit out of Superman in a sun.

Endless Mike
This has been done before

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Sadam Yot would beat the shit out of Superman in a sun.
Does he even have any real feats?

carver9
Proteus; Im not sure if the sun could hurt him. It has always been stated that metal (even though that weakness is gone) was his only weakness. If thats the case he would get a easy victory over superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Does he even have any real feats?

He's a daxamite. Feats aren't needed. Superman would be fighting someone with the same powers and energy absorbtion. And with a GL ring.

Blair Wind
I fail to see how thats true,superman can take majorities over every regular gl except alan outside the sun they dont stand a chance against a supes taking a sunbath in the sun.

This statement fails.

Kyle, Hal, Alan, Killowog (sp?), AND Mogo all can take Supes. Mogo might have mobility issues though, but if he is small enough to enter the sun then its all good.

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are other good potential picks (magic)
Black Alice (Spectre anyone?)
Zatanna (....can she turn the sun into a red sun by saying it backwards? She got that kinda power?)

Silver Surfer
Keeper (SS with Quantum Bands)
Quasar (sucking all the energy out of the sun/him)
I would say Flash IF he could get some kind of protection from the sun itself. Stealing all his speed ftw.

Endless Mike
Why couldn't Mogo go into a sun?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Blair Wind
This statement fails.

Kyle, Hal, Alan, Killowog (sp?), AND Mogo all can take Supes. All but Mogo can go inside a sun.

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are other good potential picks (magic)
Black Alice (Spectre anyone?)
Zatanna (....can she turn the sun into a red sun by saying it backwards? She got that kinda power?)

Silver Surfer
Keeper (SS with Quantum Bands)
Quasar (sucking all the energy out of the sun/him)
I would say Flash IF he could get some kind of protection from the sun itself. Stealing all his speed ftw.
Really thats why nearly everytime gl constructs go up against a serious superman they get torn through like paper,and no regular gl is fighting a sun amped superman buddy its not happening,its not just going into the sun its going into the sun and fighting a guy who by the second has skyrocketing power in the sun.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Why couldn't Mogo go into a sun?

Mogo is much more powerful than a sun. He wouldn't need to would he?

spidey-dude
gladiator and surfer

nvrbeenwthagirl
Really thats why nearly everytime gl constructs go up against a serious superman they get torn through like paper,and no regular gl is fighting a sun amped superman buddy its not happening,its not just going into the sun its going into the sun and fighting a guy who by the second has skyrocketing power in the sun.

A good GL would suck the solar energy right out of superman much like triumph was doing and was about to kill Superman in the process. Almost any thing triumph could do, a Gl can do better.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by spidey-dude
gladiator and surfer

Fail on the Gladiator and the surfer. Surfer goes out of his mind when he absorbs too much power and glads isn't in superman's league when he's taking a sun bath for an entire fight.

Blair Wind

Ultraman=Superman yes?

-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA (which has SUPERMAN), Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p336gb.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p348nw.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p359ov.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

Also, Kyle CAN create totally independent constructs. He once created a speed force user, a daxamite and a few other regular GL's. He once also subconsciously created a Jokerized version of himself.

Through some energy stealing and any other attack they can manage to think of a GL SHOULD beat Superman 7/10

spidey-dude
Fail on the Gladiator and the surfer. Surfer goes out of his mind when he absorbs too much power and glads isn't in superman's league when he's taking a sun bath for an entire fight. gladiator is above supes level. if supes can fly into the sun than galds has no problem with it. also glads has more experience with issues in space more than supes of course

vlaaad12345
Ultraman=Superman yes?

-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA (which has SUPERMAN), Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p336gb.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p348nw.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p359ov.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

Also, Kyle CAN create totally independent constructs. He once created a speed force user, a daxamite and a few other regular GL's. He once also subconsciously created a Jokerized version of himself.

Through some energy stealing and any other attack they can manage to think of a GL SHOULD beat Superman 7/10 They arent draining superman in the sun what is he just going to sit there and take it,and I can show you scans of superman breaking john stewart and kyles constructs,hal im not so sure about never really followed him.

Endless Mike
I have a question, is it allowed to forcibly remove him from the sun, like to teleport him somewhere else? If so, I saw Lawbringer Qztr could do it.

Blair Wind
They arent draining superman in the sun what is he just going to sit there and take it?

The GL's can teleport him away. Both Kyle and Hal have done that before (Kyle specifically teleporting Superman)

OR they can just absorb him into the rings. 10/10 win once that happens.

Superman wanking aside (and the fact that Kyle was not expecting superman to hit him when his shield broke, meaning he could have reienforced it for that if he HAD known), GLs should always beat him. But being that he IS superman, he would win somehow a few times.

The other people can win through various other methods as well.

TricksterPriest
Gladiator isn't in his league normally.....stick out tongue

vlaaad12345
The GL's can teleport him away. Both Kyle and Hal have done that before (Kyle specifically teleporting Superman)

OR they can just absorb him into the rings. 10/10 win once that happens.

The other people can win through various other methods as well.
And this is supposed to be who can beat superman in the sun not who can teleport him away from it,absorb him into the rings...are smoking crack now or something no just no thats not happening.

Blair Wind
And this is supposed to be who can beat superman in the sun not who can teleport him away from it,absorb him into the rings...are smoking crack now or something no just no thats not happening.

He can be inside the sun for all I care. They can either teleport him out, or beat him by absorbing him into the ring

Or stealing speed, messing with his molecules/dna, absorbing his energy, or giving themselves additional superpowers *Kyle has done this before giving himself TK ( they could also change their DNA into kryptonian DNA so they can be just as powerful + the ring)

I could go on all day with ways to beat a physical force that is Superman.

masterbruce
first, no BFR as they have to fight him inside the Sun

second, they can't suck the Sun's energy since they have to make sure not to damage or alter the Sun

nvrbeenwthagirl
And this is supposed to be who can beat superman in the sun not who can teleport him away from it,absorb him into the rings...are smoking crack now or something no just no thats not happening. you do realize a GL ring can convert matter into energy and vice versa? Just turn the sun into kryptonite and it's good night.

masterbruce
you do realize a GL ring can convert matter into energy and vice versa? Just turn the sun into kryptonite and it's good night.

except for that one little condition of not harming the sun...you turn the Sun to kryptonite for even a few minutes and you create solar devastation that will wipe out mankind

vlaaad12345
you do realize a GL ring can convert matter into energy and vice versa? Just turn the sun into kryptonite and it's good night.
And you do realize thats far from the norm of what gls do right?im assuming this is supposed to somewhat be in character because if its isnt then a sun diped supes would rip any regular gl in half.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And you do realize thats far from the norm of what gls do right?im assuming this is supposed to somewhat be in character because if its isnt then a sun diped supes would rip any regular gl in half.

Superman wouldn't rip any of the better ones in half. The Gl's can become trans at a given notice. All it takes is the right adrenaline pumping situation and Superman is done. And on this forum, characters fight to the best of thier abilities. the sun is turned into kryptonite and his suit is turned into red sun radiation. smile

CaptainStoic
No one.

vlaaad12345
Superman wouldn't rip any of the better ones in half. The Gl's can become trans at a given notice. All it takes is the right adrenaline pumping situation and Superman is done. And on this forum, characters fight to the best of thier abilities. the sun is turned into kryptonite and his suit is turned into red sun radiation. smile
Blitzes faster then gls can react, gls get ripped in half with far superior physical strength.

KMC_Drifter
Blitzes faster then gls can react, gls get ripped in half with far superior physical strength.

exactly....if any character is going all out to the best of their abilities, then, Supes bum rushes every damn Green Lantern at sub-light speeds. What's the GL gonna do except get KO'd or killed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
exactly....if any character is going all out to the best of their abilities, then, Supes bum rushes every damn Green Lantern at sub-light speeds. What's the GL gonna do except get KO'd or killed.

The rings will prevent that. Especially since this fight they are ready. And Um, Superman wouldn't blitz the higher ups even at his full potential.

vlaaad12345
The rings will prevent that. Especially since this fight they are ready. And Um, Superman wouldn't blitz the higher ups even at his full potential.
So the gls are allowed to pull out all the stops but supes isnt that a bit bias.

h1a8
Man people are very much underrating a sun dipped Superman.
Do you know how powerful he is?
He can overpower thousands of galaxies of power. No being that's below a skyfather is this powerful.
Yes thousands of galaxies of power. Merely by sundipping for a few moments. There is no way in hell any GL can win against this Superman.
Hell, an angry determined Superman outside the sun can bust through any Gl's constructs like tissue paper. And sorry I don't use low showings that contradict high ones (forum rules) Speed is increased astronomically as well. He knocks surfer out in picoseconds. For he would be astronomically stronger than Thor with his hammer. And Thor koed SS with his hammer. Superman's durability to kryptonite and magic are increased astronomically too. Please read my post and two others below it on page 57 of Superman's respect thread about Superman's resistance to magic. You will learn some amazing things.

I don't see anyone lower than a skyfather getting any wins out of 10 against this Superman.

lordboo
Originally posted by h1a8
He can overpower thousands of galaxies of power. No being that's below a skyfather is this powerful.
Yes thousands of galaxies of power. Merely by sundipping for a few moments. There is no way in hell any GL can win against this Superman.
Hell, an angry determined Superman outside the sun can bust through any Gl's constructs like tissue paper. And sorry I don't use low showings that contradict high ones (forum rules) Speed is increased astronomically as well. He knocks surfer out in picoseconds. For he would be astronomically stronger than Thor with his hammer. And Thor koed SS with his hammer. Superman's durability to kryptonite and magic are increased astronomically too. Please read my post and two others below it on page 57 of Superman's respect thread about Superman's resistance to magic. You will learn some amazing things.

I don't see anyone lower than a skyfather getting any wins out of 10 against this Superman.

depowered tyrant would beat superman sundipped or not.

h1a8
Originally posted by lordboo
depowered tyrant would beat superman sundipped or not.

he's skyfather level or higher.
I said no one below skyfather can.
As in agreement to the rules of the OP.

lordboo
he's skyfather level or higher.
I said no one below skyfather can.
As in agreement to the rules of the OP.
i also think he sky father or above but according to the tier system he sub skyfather.so technically hes allowed stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by lordboo
i also think he sky father or above but according to the tier system he sub skyfather.so technically hes allowed stick out tongue

That's a BS tier system.
Who made it up?

lordboo
That's a BS tier system.
Who made it up?

members and a voting system

Supermanluv

How exactly would he have Galaxies worth of power ? Do you something I dont ?

quanchi112
The rings will prevent that. Especially since this fight they are ready. And Um, Superman wouldn't blitz the higher ups even at his full potential. superman not holding back beats any gl. end of discussion.

RUNMAN
Might Mouse ftw

hulkcpbifiussjf
is sentry beloe skyfather cause if he is then he def has a chance since they draw power from the same exact source n sentry can fly at masssively superspeeds

Superherovandal
Originally posted by quanchi112
superman not holding back beats any gl. end of discussion. not really the GL's have about at thousand different things they can do... I mean redently in a SC war issue a GL who isn't even a Earth one transformed himself into Anti-matter to survive an antimatter explosion..So Supes wouldn't be able to touch him.

Sarutobi700
Goku can

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Goku can
Dream on not going to happen.

Photon009
Genis
Hal Jordan
Sentry
Current Thor
Annihilation Surfer
Firelord

just to name a few...

batdude123
*****, Hal Jordan would get ****ed up.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
*****, Hal Jordan would get ****ed up.

Out of that list, you pick Hal Jordan to get ****ed up?

But not...Thor?

Or Firelord?

But Hal?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Out of that list, you pick Hal Jordan to get ****ed up?

But not...Thor?

Or Firelord?

But Hal?

vin

h1a8
How exactly would he have Galaxies worth of power ? Do you something I dont ?

John Byrne himself has confirmed that Superman's strength also comes from a psionic ability to enhance his strength. The amount of solar energy he's converted determines the amount of strength his psionic potential provides. You must don't know about the greatest feat of strength in comics do you? If not then I will be glad to tell you about it.

hulkcpbifiussjf
i don't know what the greatest feat of strength is in the comics

Soljer
Storm can!

Endless Mike
The greatest feat of strength in comics, wasn't that Lobo picking up and throwing a box with the weight of the entire universe?

spetznaz
Originally posted by quanchi112
superman not holding back beats any gl. end of discussion.

'Any' is a very powerful word. One of the most powerful words in normal English usage, and in most languages (unless you want to get into Sanskrit).

Superman cannot defeat ANY GL, even when he is not holding back (and Kal appears to almost always be holding back ....it is rare to see him let lose, but when he does it is always spectacular).

Let me quickly name one GL that would defeat Superman EASY ....Sodam Yat.

Greatest GL of all, and a Daxamite on top of that. Daxamites are essentially Kryptonians who left Krypton ages ago, and have same physiology and abilities apart from divergent weaknesses.

Sodam Yat inside the sun, as a Daxamite, would have all of his abilities amped to the zenith (just like Kal's would), BUT on top of that he would have his abilities as the greatest GL of all.

Kal would have no chance whatsoever.

But ...let me at least say I get the point you were driving at. A Kryptonian (or Daxamite for that matter) going all out with no holding back would be a veritable juggernaut .....really hard to stop since they would be pushing forth at a level seldom seen (even in comics). For one speedwise the Kryptonian would appear to be everywhere, he would be using his sensory perception to know nearly everything within a certain radii (e.g. tendons flexing, increased blood flow in certain regions of the brain in anticipation of x and y, etc), and with a wide variety of powers (e.g. solar level heat, zero kelvin level cold, hgih decibel sound, supreme density fists backed by sub-luminal speed, etc) would be able to decimate most opponents.

And this is before a sun-dip (which is why you might understand i was totally against your Black Adam vs Sun-dipped Superman thread ....especially per KMC rules which would negate the MAIN advanatge Adam has - that he doesn't hold back -, plus the fact Superman would be out for a kill, that he has ranged attacks, and that the sun would amp ALL of his abilities, including resistance to magic).

Anyways, on this thread i concur with you that Superman, unleashed and unabated, would bring down many characters.

And even GLs would find it hard ....but a GL like Sodam Yat would devastate Superman (even inside the sun) since he would have all of Kal's abilities, PLUS a GL ring.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by spetznaz
'Any' is a very powerful word. One of the most powerful words in normal English usage, and in most languages (unless you want to get into Sanskrit).

Superman cannot defeat ANY GL, even when he is not holding back (and Kal appears to almost always be holding back ....it is rare to see him let lose, but when he does it is always spectacular).

Let me quickly name one GL that would defeat Superman EASY ....Sodam Yat.

Greatest GL of all, and a Daxamite on top of that. Daxamites are essentially Kryptonians who left Krypton ages ago, and have same physiology and abilities apart from divergent weaknesses.

Sodam Yat inside the sun, as a Daxamite, would have all of his abilities amped to the zenith (just like Kal's would), BUT on top of that he would have his abilities as the greatest GL of all.

Kal would have no chance whatsoever.

But ...let me at least say I get the point you were driving at. A Kryptonian (or Daxamite for that matter) going all out with no holding back would be a veritable juggernaut .....really hard to stop since they would be pushing forth at a level seldom seen (even in comics). For one speedwise the Kryptonian would appear to be everywhere, he would be using his sensory perception to know nearly everything within a certain radii (e.g. tendons flexing, increased blood flow in certain regions of the brain in anticipation of x and y, etc), and with a wide variety of powers (e.g. solar level heat, zero kelvin level cold, hgih decibel sound, supreme density fists backed by sub-luminal speed, etc) would be able to decimate most opponents.

And this is before a sun-dip (which is why you might understand i was totally against your Black Adam vs Sun-dipped Superman thread ....especially per KMC rules which would negate the MAIN advanatge Adam has - that he doesn't hold back -, plus the fact Superman would be out for a kill, that he has ranged attacks, and that the sun would amp ALL of his abilities, including resistance to magic).

Anyways, on this thread i concur with you that Superman, unleashed and unabated, would bring down many characters.

And even GLs would find it hard ....but a GL like Sodam Yat would devastate Superman (even inside the sun) since he would have all of Kal's abilities, PLUS a GL ring.

Correct me if I'm wrong Spetz, but weren't you the one who questioned what feats we were using to put Sodam on his pedastal as greatest GL of them all? stick out tongue

spetznaz
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Correct me if I'm wrong Spetz, but weren't you the one who questioned what feats we were using to put Sodam on his pedastal as greatest GL of them all? stick out tongue

Questioning? May not have been me (although I post so sporadically that it might have been, though I cannot recall it). Maybe doing a search with my name for past posts may show, but I highly doubt it was me.

Although as far as I know Sodam is mostly allusion as the greatest GL of them all (in more or less the same way that Superman Prime doesn't have a trunkload of feats).

Although however one takes it, in this particular situation it is a given that Sodam will win. Why? Because he is a Daxamite in the heart of a yellow sun fighting against a Kryptonian at the heart of a yellow sun ....that makes them equal in terms of feats and ampage .....then give Sodam a GL ring.

Now, even if one was to assume he was not 'the greatest' (let's assume he is number 1,000 in terms of ability), that would still make him powerful enough to wipe the floor with Kal. Because both of them are amped, but one of them has a weapon and great skill.

And if Sodam IS infact the greatest, as is stated, then it makes the job all the easier.

The way i look at it is like having a fight between a lion and a tiger ....there is a lot of debate as to which would win (with the demarcation lines being based on where the naturalist stems from ....those who focus on Africa will claim that all male lions do is eat, mate, and fight other lions trying to take over the pride, and thus they would have a fighting advantage. Those specializing in India would claim that on the average tigers tend to be slightly larger than lions. Then you would have a lot of 'junk' science, e.g. the Indian experts would claim that Indian lions - there is a small population in the Gir forest - cannot defeat tigers, but they ignore the fact that African lions are quite larger than Gir lions. African experts will state that the mane of a lion can act as some sort of 'armored scarf,' but the fact is that even though it can be helpful it is more a way to make the lion look more intimidating ....like a cobra's hood. And there are all sorts of tapes made decades ago on fights between lions and tigers, and there is generally a 50/50 win amongst them ....and anyways those fights were stupid, inhumane and worthless ....because at times one animal would be smaller/sicker/weaker/frightened than the other).

Anyways, the two are more or less equal. The Kryptonian and the Daxamite ....the lion and the tiger.

However, the Daxamite has a GL ring and the greatest (?) skill in using it .....the tiger is given adamantium claws and Wolverine level healing factor.

The Daxamite will win ....the tiger with claws and factor will win.

TricksterPriest
Oh I'm not disputing that he can beat Superman. And btw, those analogies you do rock. thumb up I was just sayiing he has no feats. stick out tongue

On-topic: The Asgardian Destroyer. And current Henshaw. stick out tongue

Gecko4lif
nobody could do it without the battle destroying the su im pretty sure

Soljer
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
nobody could do it without the battle destroying the su im pretty sure

The Greatest Green Lantern ever certainly could. no expression.

Sarutobi700
Goku
GOhan
Goten
Future Trunks
Chibi Trunks
Vegeta
Krillin
Tien
Piccolo
Every DBZ Villian from Raditz upwards
Only Yamucha would lose

Soljer
No one you named can even survive in space, much less survive in the sun.

Much much much less beat Superman in the sun.

Sarutobi700
Freeza, Cell, Buu can survive in space

Soljer
Freeza, Cell, Buu can survive in space

You didn't name them.

rico777
Many DBZ characters have been killed by being thrown into the sun.

Most notable ones have been Koola, freeza's brother. Who btw is much stronger than freeza.

Brolli has died in the sun as well, who is arguably greater than cell.

Babi(if i'm not mistaken) who is much much stronger than buu died from being sent to the sun.

Sarutobi700
^^And all of them are NON-CANON

Endless Mike
Buu was reduced to dust just by being on the surface of an exploding planet. He would be atomized and die if he entered the sun.

vlaaad12345
Goku
GOhan
Goten
Future Trunks
Chibi Trunks
Vegeta
Krillin
Tien
Piccolo
Every DBZ Villian from Raditz upwards
Only Yamucha would lose
None of those characters can take a majority against a regular superman let alone a sundipped one troll,supes survives planet busters with ease and chills in black holes.

Sarutobi700
Goku survives planet busters aswell. He takes em on a daily basis

Gecko4lif
The troll has a point

every punch kick and energy blast since the freeiza saga could blow up a planet easily

That being said the dbz chars have amazing durability but pis prevents them from wining even in there own universe

PIS off i think they actually have a chance at beating supes out of sun

but they cant survive in the sun and as such are incapable of fighting

Sarutobi700
Gecko4life on on here 2. Im a fan of urs

Shin_Nikkolas
Broly was hit by 3 Kamehameha's and pushed from the atmosphere of EARTH to the Sun in short order and came out on the other side....

The Buu's all seem to have less durability because of their regen, in my view.

Besides, that's Kid Buu. Super Buu is stronger.

Gecko4lif
Gecko4life on on here 2. Im a fan of urs

Wow you are? Im flattered cool

1.3k post dont go to waist i guess lol

Endless Mike
Every punch and kick past the Frieza saga was planet destroying?

Please, what a joke.

Is that why Cell's strongest punch at Gohan only knocked him through a few dozen meters of rock?

Sarutobi700
It knocked him 20miles away. In DBZ they always hold back because there is a fear of destroying the planet

ragesRemorse
silver surfer smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

every punch kick and energy blast since the freeiza saga could blow up a planet easily

You WOULD have a point...you know, if what you said wasn't completely unsubstantiated.

You see, all the way to the end of the Buu saga, people punched, kicked, and blasted the Earth, leaving no more than a small crater.

The only time 'planet destroying' attacks were unleashed - they were called such.

Goku charged a Kamehameha that could destroy earth, and then teleported so as to not actually harm the planet.

Vegeta did similarly, but pulled the blast so it wouldn't be as strong (against an android).

Cell had to charge up to unleash a planet destroying blast. Even Buu took a little while, and everyone COMMENTED on the planet destroying nature of the blast.

Indicating that it was very uncommon.

It's not as if the average nameless ki-ball-blast-whatever was a planet cracker.

And NONE of the characters in the series ever demonstrated the kind of strength needed to bust a planet with physical attacks.

Ever.

Soljer
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
silver surfer smile

Not a chance.

And I'm a big surfer fan.

Endless Mike
20 miles? It was more like 20 meters.

DBZ characters are barely class 100 in strength, and whenever they fire a blast that can destroy a planet they have to spend time charging it up and then everyone freaks out and specifically announces it. No DBZ character has ever shown the durability to survive in the sun.

Symmetric Chaos
Another Superman.

King_Mungi
Batman with an umbrella

gogogadgetgo
20 miles? It was more like 20 meters.

DBZ characters are barely class 100 in strength, and whenever they fire a blast that can destroy a planet they have to spend time charging it up and then everyone freaks out and specifically announces it. No DBZ character has ever shown the durability to survive in the sun.

i think they make class 100 fairly easily. but has anyone noticed that every saga they get really stronger and powered up but then, nothing seems to have actually changed? i mean, they go ssj and they can make a nasty crater, then they go ssj2 and its said that they are now a whole lota more powerful but the crater that they can make seems the same then ssj3, same crater size blah blah blah....

and they'd all burn in the sun. crispy and smokin

nimbus006
I have to disagee with most of the people saying that most GL's can beat a sundipped Superman. Most GL's cant even beat an out of the Sun pissed off Superman (save Kyle, Hal, and Alan). Their best chance would be to take him out as quick as possible b/c the longer they leave him in there the more screwed they are. The simple trip to the sun would already be increasing his power exponentially.

Sun dipped Superman beats any GL 10/10. (Except i guess that Sodam Yat guy)

Soljer
Originally posted by nimbus006
I have to disagee with most of the people saying that most GL's can beat a sundipped Superman. Most GL's cant even beat an out of the Sun pissed off Superman (save Kyle, Hal, and Alan). Their best chance would be to take him out as quick as possible b/c the longer they leave him in there the more screwed they are. The simple trip to the sun would already be increasing his power exponentially.

Sun dipped Superman beats any GL 10/10. (Except i guess that Sodam Yat guy)

I don't think ANY Green Lantern could beat a Sundipped Superman.

Hal and Kyle are probably his only peers that have a good shot at it, though.

nimbus006
I don't think ANY Green Lantern could beat a Sundipped Superman.

Hal and Kyle are probably his only peers that have a good shot at it, though.

I wasnt saying you specifically, just in general.

I agree Hal and Kyle are definately formidable matches and more for a non sundipped Superman.

Hitman911
Fail on the Gladiator and the surfer. Surfer goes out of his mind when he absorbs too much power and glads isn't in superman's league when he's taking a sun bath for an entire fight. laughing
you think our sun is too much for SS??

UniOmni
Hal would stand the best chance at defeating him outside the sun.

Kyle?

I love Kyle, but he's not that fight oriented.

His best feats are almost always outside of battle.

Same with Surfer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
As I said first many post ago, Sodom Yat

ragesRemorse
Not a chance.

And I'm a big surfer fan.

why? Surfer would be uneffected by the sun, He would be just as powefull in teh sun as anywhere. If there were ever anyone who could take superman easily it would be he surfer. I'm sure he could topple superman quick enough before Supes absorbs to much energy.

Violent2Dope
Without destroying the Sun?

Must be sub-skyfather.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1807/49875-superman_400.jpg Comic Pyron.

RUNMAN
Pyron at his largest dwarfs the size of the Andromeda Galaxy... Phenomenal! He definitely takes out Supes...

don't shiv
JOHNNY SORROW evil face

Terryc250
Silver Surfer would absorb the sun, then turn supermans head into kryptonite

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Terryc250
Silver Surfer would absorb the sun, then turn supermans head into kryptonite
Silver surfer would be ripped in half before he ever got close to doing that.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by RUNMAN
Pyron at his largest dwarfs the size of the Andromeda Galaxy... Phenomenal! He definitely takes out Supes... True. He would crush him like an ant.

Endless Mike
Also possibly Quasar, he could just funnel all of the extra energy Superman was absorbing to somewhere else

don't shiv
The Doctor

horrorwolf
rofl@ Superman in the sun....

Please.

Quasar would pwn here...
The Silver Surfer
Most Lanterns would take him down.
Sadam Yot
Dr. Strange

...just to pick a few.

Soljer
Quasar, the Surfer, and most Lanterns most certainly could NOT beat Superman inside a yellow star.

Phenomenol
Quasar would waste Supes in the Sun.

MAGNETO would do it!

Endless Mike
How would Magneto do it?

don't shiv
DEADMAN devil zorro smokin'

boriquaking55
Morg /w WOL

Soljer
I still maintain that Storm is the only person that can reasonably do it.

Blair Wind
Quasar....most certainly could NOT beat Superman inside a yellow star.

He can draw just as much power from the Sun as superman can, as well as draw the energy from Superman (ala surfer) erm

vlaaad12345
He can draw just as much power from the Sun as superman can, as well as draw the energy from Superman (ala surfer) erm
That after hes unconcious from a punch to the face?

Endless Mike
That after hes unconcious from a punch to the face?

Shields

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/quasardurability.jpg

vlaaad12345
Shields

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/quasardurability.jpg
And im preety sure iv seen quasars shields fail to less then a sunbathed superman.

Endless Mike
That was a nova explosion in that scan I just posted IIRC.

And he set up a shield that resisted continued attacks by about 15 top tiers at once.

Magee
None of which had superman sun dipped strength.

UniOmni
Surfer turns the sun red on his way into the heart of it, and he absorbs Superman into his board.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
Surfer turns the sun red on his way into the heart of it, and he absorbs Superman into his board.

Superman punches him really really hard.

Phenomenol
How would Magneto do it?

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01816tn3.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01817rd4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01818ee7.jpg

thumb up

Violent2Dope
Demitri Maximov could do it, so could Jedah Dohma.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Superman punches him really really hard.

Surfer deals with it the same way he deals with an enraged Hulks punches......with patience.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
Surfer deals with it the same way he deals with an enraged Hulks punches......with patience.

Superman does the same thing. Stalemate.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Phenomenol
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01816tn3.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01817rd4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01818ee7.jpg

thumb up

So he beat a rookie Jean who could barely channel the Pheonix Force, but he was losing anyway and only won because she ran out of power at the crucial moment? Superman is not going to run out of power in the sun.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Magee
None of which had superman sun dipped strength.

Combined they did

Magee
Don't think so but even if they did it wasnt all condensed to an area the size of a fist.

Endless Mike
They included Wolverine, Hercules, Colossus, Rogue, Human Torch, Professor X, Wonder Man, She - Hulk, Hulk, Havok, Cyclops, Iceman, Thing, Thunderstrike, and more. And he wasn't even visibly exerting himself.

vlaaad12345
They included Wolverine, Hercules, Colossus, Rogue, Human Torch, Professor X, Wonder Man, She - Hulk, Hulk, Havok, Cyclops, Iceman, Thing, Thunderstrike, and more. And he wasn't even visibly exerting himself.
Hulk is the only one on that last that is even coming close to a regular supermans strength,let alone one who has been bathing in the sun.

Magee
They included Wolverine, Hercules, Colossus, Rogue, Human Torch, Professor X, Wonder Man, She - Hulk, Hulk, Havok, Cyclops, Iceman, Thing, Thunderstrike, and more. And he wasn't even visibly exerting himself. Yes and out of that list Hulk is the only one who could dream of becoming as strong as Superman never mind a sun dipped Supes. Quasar doesn't need to exert himself, once his construct is made he doesn't need to focus to keep it up.

Endless Mike
But if he did focus he could increase its strength

batdude123
Quasar would get his ass stomped if he were fighting Superman in the middle of a sun.

Stomped.

Endless Mike
Quasar fought Maelstrom in the middle of a black hole

CaptainStoic
Hmmm...... Count Nefaria was dragging Quasar around when he was trapped in his bubble and he was jumping. Superman in the sun while he is at his strongest is superior to Nefaria, it could even be argued that while on earth Superman is stronger than Nefaria as well. Therefore Superman will pop the bubble without a doubt, and choke the mess out of Wendel while orbittng the sun.

batdude123
Quasar fought Maelstrom in the middle of a black hole

And Quasar would get his shit rocked against Superman in the middle of the sun. Without question.

Endless Mike
The black hole was bigger than a galaxy and eating the universe

don't shiv
Darwin
Sue Richards
Kang
Proteus
Black Bolt

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by don't shiv
Darwin
Sue Richards
Kang
Proteus
Black Bolt
Sue and blackbolt lol,regular superman can take them.

qqqqqqq
batman with krytonite sniper

don't shiv
Sue and blackbolt lol,regular superman can take them.

Sum say "SueBeast" kin bent teh EM spectrum roun' ha. + widda force bubble Supes B eek! eek! ty is for te taking

an an sinse all matta is enerjy in its most basik form it is sed Sue ken bendt an Energy rich Superman lyk da rubber band ja?

Vvendeta
Son Goku 10 years after Trianing waiting for Buu reincarnation, and have equal strenght in his normal form with Ubb, transform in SSJ 3 in here has a Kamehame ha that will disintegrate anything, taking in Consideration that Goku disintegrate robots of the red Ribbon army at his 12.

Not Gt, non canon and way power down of what DBZ should be after Buu.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Vvendeta
Son Goku 10 years after Trianing waiting for Buu reincarnation, and have equal strenght in his normal form with Ubb, transform in SSJ 3 in here has a Kamehame ha that will disintegrate anything, taking in Consideration that Goku disintegrate robots of the red Ribbon army at his 12.

And then he dies because his lungs fill up with million - degree plasma and he can't breathe.

Violent2Dope
Mr. Popo punches Superman, and in turn his punch would create a dimensional rift that would eat the galaxy. Mr. Popo is an omnipotent god.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/oicangi/MrPopoWatering.jpg

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Vvendeta

Still wont do anything,dbz characters are physically weaksauce compared to superman,sunbathing superman would wreck any dbz character.

don't shiv
Baron Zemo with Moonstones

Erik-Lensherr
Since somebody brought this up , it'd be nice to see Goku fight Superman inside the sun big grin

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Since somebody brought this up , it'd be nice to see Goku fight Superman inside the sun big grin
If by nice you mean see goku get instantly vaporized just from being in the sun then sure.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>