Sephiroth vs dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ZeroX
my very first thread

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! big grin big grin wink

HonkyTonkMan
Sephiroth slices him to China.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
Sephiroth slices him to China.

I second that.

SIN Harvest

shin_gear
Ehh...this would be close...and I don't know who I'd bet on...

If I really had to bet though...Sephiroth. He's been holding back like a mother-f*cker and I think if he was to use his TRUE power, he'd pwn Dante but with effort nonetheless.

Edit: F*ck Quicksilver...oh wait...Stopga big grin

ZeroX
its not like he don't have a chance go to youtube and type in Dante Must Die (An AMV) and ignore the horrible song

shin_gear
I lol'd

Sol Valentine
Hey Exelien!

Sephiroth would pwn him fast if he dosen't feel like toying around.

Superboy Prime
Dante curbstomps his ass.

Sol Valentine
exelien had better do good.

shin_gear
Nah...curbstomp he won't. Sephiroth has a building-demolishing mind technique...313

He's most likely as fast as Dante, can fly like Dante and stop time like Dante, can slash things up and use some powerful magic at his disposal. Man I can't wait to see the complete Advent Children movie whenever that's coming out.

Violent2Dope
Dante kills Seph in a second.erm He is SO much faster it's not even funny.

Sol Valentine

Just kidding.

Superboy Prime
Sorry. Said curbtomp just to stress the point Dante wins since everyone else was riding Sephiroth's nutsack.

Sephiroth's problem is that his main weapon is the Masamune and Dante eats swords for breakfast. Now Sephiroth on the other hand can be pierced, hurt and even killed with a sword. Dante has swords as well and is very skilled with them.

This is a battle Sephiroth will not win.

Violent2Dope
This is a battle Seph fails at. He cannot hope to reach Dante's speed.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Sorry. Said curbtomp just to stress the point Dante wins since everyone else was riding Sephiroth's nutsack.

Sephiroth's problem is that his main weapon is the Masamune and Dante eats swords for breakfast. Now Sephiroth on the other hand can be pierced, hurt and even killed with a sword. Dante has swords as well and is very skilled with them.

This is a battle Sephiroth will not win. Cloud's Omnislash version 5 is not an ordinary technique, just so you know. It's very powerful.

Didn't Sephiroth take a buster sword through the stomache and survive?

Btw, Vincent as Chaos can take sword assaults like nothing...and his speed is phenomenal. I really don't see why Sephiroth can't pull off what he can. Like I said, Omnislash ver. 5 is Cloud's most powerful limit break which IMO, can affect Dante as much as it did Sephiroth. (note IMO)

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
This is a battle Seph fails at. He cannot hope to reach Dante's speed.

What gives Dante the most wins is his out of this world healing factor IMO. Dante is faster, true, but the real problem is Dante can just stand there eating strawberry icecream and let Sephiroth slice him all day long until Sephiroth gets tired and passes out.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by shin_gear
Cloud's Omnislash version 5 is not an ordinary technique, just so you know. It's very powerful.

Btw, Vincent as Chaos can take sword assaults like nothing...and his speed is phenomenal. I really don't see why Sephiroth can't pull off what he can. Like I said, Omnislash ver. 5 is Cloud's most powerful limit break which IMO, can affect Dante as much as it did Sephiroth. (note IMO)

Didn't he decide to throw himself into the lifestream after getting pierced by the Buster Sword? Did he not limp his way out of Jenova's room. Did not even manage to overpower Cloud when Cloud was impaled? Why did he not die? Because Cloud was foolish enough not to finish the job.

What are the actual properties of Cloud's Omsnislash? All he did was separate all his swords and slash Sephiroth several times with them while flashy blue lights make us drool and forget the fact Cloud is PISsing his way to victory once again.

Vincent/Chaos is not Sephiroth. You can't just say Sephiroth could take them because Vincent/Chaos can. Especially when it has been proven onscreen in different media that Sephiroth can actually be pierced by a sword.

shin_gear
LOL...anyway...I don't see this as a curbstomp in either character's favor.

Violent2Dope
Cloud's Omnislash version 5 is not an ordinary technique, just so you know. It's very powerful.

Btw, Vincent as Chaos can take sword assaults like nothing...and his speed is phenomenal. I really don't see why Sephiroth can't pull off what he can. Like I said, Omnislash ver. 5 is Cloud's most powerful limit break which IMO, can affect Dante as much as it did Sephiroth. (note IMO) Because Seph can't take a weaker Cloud ramming the buster sword thru him without being wounded badly. Seph can ignore pain, but it won't matter, do you know how much faster Dante is? He and Vergil were having a sword duel in rain, and they were so fast not one raindrop touched them til they stopped to lock swords.

shin_gear
Well, I want to see what Sephiroth's abilities are in Crisis Core and Advent Children Complete where I hope to see some true Sephiroth action.

Violent2Dope
What's AC Complete?

Superboy Prime
That will not happen.

I mean...they portray Sephiroth to be this kick ass Legendary SOLDIER that is so good he just toys around and ****s everyone without trying.

For us to see Sephiroth actually putting effort it would mean the writters coming up with a character/monster/situation that warrants Sephiroth's might. But since Sephiroth is God by default in their minds they will not do it.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
What's AC Complete? http://www.ffsky.com/ff/news/200609/cbs9/acc/1.jpg

Violent2Dope
Hmmm this is bad...With Seph at full power ESB will have new material to debate Seph>Ganon...I must prepare.

Superboy Prime
LoL.

Thats probably Sephiroth imagining Cloud's death....then we have a white screen for a second and we find out he just got OmniPAWNED.

Violent2Dope
LoL.

Thats probably Sephiroth imagining Cloud's death....then we have a white screen for a second and we find out he just got OmniPAWNED. Yeah lol. Seriously tho, the next Zelda game better come out soon, I need to have more material if I wanna debate against the full might of Seph(whatever it is).

shin_gear
Man, it'd be awesome if we saw Supernova in CG action. dd

But of course make it not hit Earth for the sake of the plot. stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Man, it'd be awesome if we saw Supernova in CG action. dd

But of course make it not hit Earth for the sake of the plot. stick out tongue Won't happen.

shin_gear
LOL POOP

I'd say not because he'd have to be Seifer Sephiroth to do it...

Charlotte DeBel
Normal Sephirot loses that and loses badly.

Violent2Dope
LOL POOP

I'd say not because he'd have to be Seifer Sephiroth to do it... It is either noncanon or is highly exaggerrated.

Sol Valentine
I wanna see a FFX Advent Children.

ESB -1138
What gives Dante the most wins is his out of this world healing factor IMO. Dante is faster, true, but the real problem is Dante can just stand there eating strawberry icecream and let Sephiroth slice him all day long until Sephiroth gets tired and passes out.

You make it sound like Sephiroth only has his sword. Sephiroth has Fallen Angel (auto kill move in FF7), Supernova, and a bunch of other powerful magical attacks.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Normal Sephirot loses that and loses badly. no expression

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
You make it sound like Sephiroth only has his sword. Sephiroth has Fallen Angel (auto kill move in FF7), Supernova, and a bunch of other powerful magical attacks.

True, but do realize I also made it sound like Dante only has swords to back him up.

Rascaduanok
Dante + Just Release + Devil Trigger Explosion = Sephiroth dead.

ESB -1138
Sephiroth + Swift Kick to the Balls = Dante dead

Violent2Dope
Here's how I picture the fight:

Sephiroth rises in the air, and says,"Sin Harv-"*BANG*! Dante grins as Sephiroths brain matter splashes on the floor.

shin_gear
Stopga 313

Burning thought
are there any logical or any stats at all on sin harvest, what does it actually do? i mean in-game instant kill moves and all are nice but if theres no reason why they die its suspect of its power

also whats Stopga, i mean has Sephiroth got anything to counter Dantes quicksilver

Sol Valentine
Stopaga stops the enemy's movement for a while.

Burning thought
hmm intrieging....

a step up from Quicksilver in a way...at least against one opponent unless it can affect more than one

however is it one of sephiroths spells where he takes ages to cast, sort of like half his spells take a good amount of time before he casts, few are instant as far as ime aware

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Burning thought
are there any logical or any stats at all on sin harvest, what does it actually do? i mean in-game instant kill moves and all are nice but if theres no reason why they die its suspect of its power

also whats Stopga, i mean has Sephiroth got anything to counter Dantes quicksilver

A Halo appears over the person's head and it kills them.

Burning thought
A Halo appears over the person's head and it kills them.

hmmm weird, very strange, see its moves like this that make gameplay debates difficult, sometimes games are so devoid of answers

ESB -1138
It also happens the same in Kingdom Hearts and that game Sora is allowed to move about.

Rascaduanok

shin_gear
Dante grows out his hair and gets a cloak and some boots, and a long ass katana and chases Cloud around...313

Rascaduanok
Anyway, I think Sephiroth vs Vergil would make a better matchup smile

Sol Valentine
Dante grows out his hair and gets a cloak and some boots, and a long ass Katana and chases Cloud around...313

Dantephiroth.

shin_gear
Sephidante.

ZeroX
CAN WE STAY ON POINT HERE BEFORE MY FIRST THREAD GETS CLOSED!

shin_gear
Dude, we're discussing Dante and Sephiroth, rofl.

This is a tie in my opeeniawn.

Sol Valentine
Yeah, don't get bent.

ZeroX
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Anyway, I think Sephiroth vs Vergil would make a better matchup smile

im talking about Rascaduanok

shin_gear
Oh, lol, s0rry tighthug

ZeroX
anyway I think Sephiroth will win after a long bloody gruesome fight with dante

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by ZeroX
im talking about Rascaduanok

That's not off topic ZeroX, if said characters have a relation with the characters that are fighting, it's not off topic.

shin_gear
Some people just like to believe that Sephiroth can't do anything more that what he's shown to do in AC, and think just some sword slashes would screw him up only because Omnislash version 5 did. Note it didn't even cut him srsly. It was the power and magnitude of the attack that put him down. I'm positive that that attack would even defeat Chaos, who has shown durability/damage soak on par with Dante. I'm positive Sephiroth has been stated to be THE most powerful villain in the FF7 verse by Nomura himself...he's very capable of defeating Dante. Not even Omega Weapon is as powerful as Sephiroth people.

ZeroX
he totally ignored the subject and said what would be better and may i add that you stole his idea

shin_gear
ok let's just forget about it and be good buddies.

ZeroX
good idea

Rascaduanok

Sol Valentine
Damn I love that Dante sig.

Rascaduanok
Original.

Sol Valentine
Just a badass.

shin_gear
Original. I just see a LOT of text.

Sol Valentine
I don't see any text.

shin_gear
Yeah...idk

ZeroX
yeah what text!

Sol Valentine
Listen Marius, don't yell at me.

ZeroX
im not yeling

Superboy Prime
Some people just like to believe that Sephiroth can't do anything more that what he's shown to do in AC, and think just some sword slashes would screw him up only because Omnislash version 5 did. Note it didn't even cut him srsly. It was the power and magnitude of the attack that put him down. I'm positive that that attack would even defeat Chaos, who has shown durability/damage soak on par with Dante. I'm positive Sephiroth has been stated to be THE most powerful villain in the FF7 verse by Nomura himself...he's very capable of defeating Dante. Not even Omega Weapon is as powerful as Sephiroth people.

Nice bullshit fella.

It was the power and maginute of the attack that ****ed Sephiroth?

Can you actually explain to me how powerful it was? What it really did? That is right...you cannot.

Please. Nomura is riding Sephiroth's nutsack. He realized after Chaos was introduced Sephiroth looked like a chump.

shin_gear
Hehe, that's simply obvious dude. It didn't overcome him by making gashes on him, considering it didn't. What do you think it was? stick out tongue

And after that he just changed back into Kadaj. LOL

And Nomura can say whatever he wants. He can say Sephiroth can take multiple planets out of existence at once with his mind. He'd then have that ability.

ZeroX
lol

Superboy Prime
Hehe, that's simply obvious dude. It didn't overcome him by making gashes on him, considering it didn't. What do you think it was? stick out tongue

And after that he just changed back into Kadaj. LOL

And Nomura can say whatever he wants. He can say Sephiroth can take multiple planets out of existence at once with only his mind. He'd then have that ability.

I know Nomura can say anything he wants. That does mean what he says is not bullshit. Take George Lucas for an example and you will see how stupid creators can get.

What do I think it was? I don't care. But to claim the sheer power and magniute of the power would mess Dante up is a stupid claim. Especially when you don't know what it is or how it works. For all we know Cloud simply severed ties with Sephiroth in his mind. Besides Cloud and Sephiroth get thrown through building without getting a single scratch.

You're starting to sound like that stupid Sephiroth fanboy you hated so much.

Funny.

shin_gear
That's because they don't want to show smudges and shit on their skin. Sephiroth's sword cut Cloud and that was seen. It would've happened to Sephiroth if he could get cut, but it didn't.

And no, I'm not, thank you very much. Also I never hated the guy. He's just so damn biased and irrational that it becomes a pain debating with him.

ZeroX
debating with who??

Superboy Prime
That's because they don't want to show smudges and shit on their skin. Sephiroth's sword cut Cloud and that was seen. It would've happened to Sephiroth if he could get cut, but it didn't.

And no, I'm not, thank you very much. Also I never hated the guy. He's just so damn biased and irrational that it becomes a pain debating with him.

True. That attack would not **** Dante though. You need to realize the BS in that statement.

ZeroX
okay I'm official lost i have no idea what you guys are arguing about

Superboy Prime
Gears said he was positive that version of Omnislash would **** Chaos who has shown durability in Dante's league.

Which means he says that would **** Dante.

Dante's durability is not out of this world...what is out of this world is his healing factor.

ZeroX
oh okay his healing factor just makes you wanna do this jawdrop

Sol Valentine
alot of VG characters have enhanced healing factor. there's no point in doing that.

Superboy Prime
Not a lot of VG characters have enhanced Healing Factors. And escpecially not as good as Dante's.

Sol Valentine
It dosen't really matter, at least they have a healing factor to help them.

ZeroX
Not a lot of VG characters have enhanced Healing Factors. And escpecially not as good as Dante's.

you took the words right out of my mouth

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
It dosen't really matter, at least they have a healing factor to help them.

Right.

Care to name these VG heroes with healing factors?

Sol Valentine
Shit, I know that there are some heroes with healing factors, I just forgot who.

Gene's godhand?

ZeroX
sure ya did Sol

Superboy Prime
dur

ZeroX
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sol Valentine
sure ya did Sol

Hey Zero, STFU.

Oh yeah, Alicia has a great heling factor since she's a witch.

Superboy Prime
Ok...that is 2 out of several thousand video game characters.

Go on.

Sol Valentine
Hayabusa?

Superboy Prime
Nope.

ZeroX
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Hey Zero, STFU.

Oh yeah, Alicia has a great heling factor since she's a witch.

right back at cha!!!!!!!!!

Sol Valentine
Right back at cha to!!!!!!!!!! smile

shin_gear
debating with who?? Chaotic, who's this guy

http://myspace-621.vo.llnwd.net/01130/12/61/1130721621_l.jpg

LOL
Gears said he was positive that version of Omnislash would **** Chaos who has shown durability in Dante's league.

Which means he says that would **** Dante.

Dante's durability is not out of this world...what is out of this world is his healing factor. Chaos and Weiss also have healing factors_i0CmFGW1DoThey're not in Sephiroth's league as Nomura implied himself. This is why Omnislash ver. 5 is so much more than an ordinary attack. It's a Limit Break.

Superboy Prime
So now you're telling me it is much more than an ordinary attack because it is a limit break, and yet you fail to explain what exactly it does.

Face it, Gear.

Sephiroth won't win this. Perhaps in Nomura's world where Sephiroth reigns supreme. But not here. Not on KMC and especially not against Dante. And by the way I did not see any healing in that video. All I saw was Chaos soaking damage like there is no tomorrow--which is cool.

Do you want me to post a simple example of Dante's healing factor?

RJ6168DoxHY

Do notice that once he takes the axes out of his body the wound cannot even be visible. He regeneration is almost instant. Heck with such an amazing healing factor it is hard to say if Dante can actually be dismembered.

ZeroX
well i would say the same thing but i dont want it to end up like last time

shin_gear
So now you're telling me it is much more than an ordinary attack because it is a limit break, and yet you fail to explain what exactly it does.

Face it, Gear.

Sephiroth won't win this. Perhaps in Nomura's world where Sephiroth reigns supreme. But not here. Not on KMC and especially not against Dante. And by the way I did not see any healing in that video. All I saw was Chaos soaking damage like there is no tomorrow--which is cool.

RJ6168DoxHY

Do notice that once he takes the axes out of his body the wound cannot even be visible. He regeneration is almost instant. Heck with such an amazing healing factor it is hard to say if Dante can actually be dismembered. It's more than an ordinary attack considering the following things:

1. The swords are being levitated by a mysterious power.

2. The same power is levitating Cloud without him falling to the ground.

3. The swords and himself are being surrounded by a blue/yellow aura.

4. It overcomes Sephiroth despite not making a gash on his body. That's all the proof I need that it's more than an ordinary attack. I wasn't planning on to tell you what it actually does. My point was that it isn't just some basic slashes from a sword.

I said that it was my opinion that Sephiroth can score wins as much as Dante can. He's always been stated to be holding back.

Watch it again. Weiss gets shot through by Vincent's gun. Chaos gets stabbed by Weiss's katanas. They are both completely fine afterwards. You would see a big hole in Weiss's chest and two chasms in Chaos's body, but you see none.

Rascaduanok

shin_gear
...the pool ball didn't shatter because it was traveling fast...and the bullet was fired a few inches behind it...the most it could do in that situation is push in through the air.

ESB -1138

Face it, Gear.

RJ6168DoxHY

Do notice that once he takes the axes out of his body the wound cannot even be visible. He regeneration is almost instant. Heck with such an amazing healing factor it is hard to say if Dante can actually be dismembered.

somOxYBf07U
And yet Dante still fells the pain of those swords Vergil stabbed him with. Even after all that Dante still passes out for who knows how long before finally being able to stand.

Hmm...Vergil managed to put Dante to the ground with just three stabs...well two and a cut in the hand. And yet even after Vergil leaves you can still see blood around Dante as he laid there motionless.

shin_gear
...Not to mention Sephiroth's sword is an enchanted one.

Also, I didn't see where Dante and Vergil clashed swords before a rain drop could fall on them. Sephiroth can match Dante's speed.

ThoraxeRMG
Sephiroth takes this!

Burning thought
i dont like dante that much, hes fairly cool to play as but as a character hes just some cocky kid who gets slightly overhyped

although i hate sephroth more, also most of sephiroths big hits take ages to cast, most of em anyway

ESB -1138
His biggest move; Fallen Angel only takes 3 seconds to use and that's an instant kill.

Burning thought
well instant kill to FF characters, the reason why it instantly kills people seems to be unknown so its not a fair debatable skill since its like gameplay not to menstion hows he going to stop quicksilver

Remindme
Wow, dante look cool ^^ Never played a dante game before

As an outsider, i'd say either way this is a mismatch:

- On the One hand, if Dante can't be killed like that, then there's no way sephiroth can win

- On the other, i'd say Sephiroth is one a whole other skill level, with more powers, strength and speedm but this only comes into play if Dante isn't immortal ^^

Thats my two cents and if i'm wrong oh well ignore my crazy post ^^'

Burning thought
its going to be like the kain vs pyron fight, sephiroth wont be able to do anything because all his heavey hits would take too long and dante has limited time control, to the extent he would just slow time to a crawl and then cut off sephiroths head

ESB -1138
well instant kill to FF characters, the reason why it instantly kills people seems to be unknown so its not a fair debatable skill since its like gameplay not to menstion hows he going to stop quicksilver

It also works in Kingdom Hearts

its going to be like the kain vs pyron fight, sephiroth wont be able to do anything because all his heavey hits would take too long and dante has limited time control, to the extent he would just slow time to a crawl and then cut off sephiroths head

No. It doesn't take long to do Shadow Flare or Comet or just a quick slash of his marasume across the neck. The only attack that actually takes a long time is Supernova. The rest of his moves are very fast.

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope
Speedblitz ftw.

Rascaduanok

ZeroX
continue the conversation i just wanted to say i cant believe superboy prime got my princess peach thread closed

shin_gear
LOLZORZ, that was me. You know...dancebunny

Anyway, I think people just like to ignore me, or just happen to miss what I said earlier. Quicksilver = Stopga, K? Great.

Speed, Sephiroth's speed in Advent Children is fast. He's going at at least 90 mph when he rushes Cloud and launches him into a building. He's either as fast or faster than Dante.

IceJaw
It also works in Kingdom Hearts

No. It doesn't take long to do Shadow Flare or Comet or just a quick slash of his marasume across the neck. The only attack that actually takes a long time is Supernova. The rest of his moves are very fast.
Didn't we go through this like a thousand times? KH = Not canon.

lightness
LOLZORZ, that was me. You know...dancebunny

Speed, Sephiroth's speed in Advent Children is fast. He's going at at least 90 mph when he rushes Cloud and launches him into a building. He's either as fast or faster than Dante.

no dante has teleporting speed. and he must have that to be able to keep up with vergil.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by lightness
no dante has teleporting speed. and he must have that to be able to keep up with vergil.

Trickster style includes teleportation move (Air Trick).

shin_gear
Originally posted by IceJaw
Didn't we go through this like a thousand times? KH = Canon to only itself. Fixed that for ya big grin

It's canonical, though FF characters in it are not the same as the ones in FF games. They share similar abilities, however, and Sin Harvest is an ability that both FF7 Sephiroth and KH Sephiroth share. Said attack does the same exact thing in both games, and is more realistic in Kingdom Hearts for KH is a real-time action game, as opposed to a confusing turn-based system of Final Fantasy.

Terryc250
If this is Sephiroth with full materia, dante has no chance unless its immortal dante

IceJaw
Fixed that for ya big grin

It's canonical, though FF characters in it are not the same as the ones in FF games. They share similar abilities, however, and Sin Harvest is an ability that both FF7 Sephiroth and KH Sephiroth share. Said attack does the same exact thing in both games, and is more realistic in Kingdom Hearts for KH is a real-time action game, as opposed to a confusing turn-based system of Final Fantasy. If you say so.
Originally posted by Terryc250
If this is Sephiroth with full materia, dante has no chance unless its immortal dante
Did Seph actually have full materia at some point? Hasn't Dante always been immortal?
somOxYBf07U
And yet Dante still fells the pain of those swords Vergil stabbed him with. Even after all that Dante still passes out for who knows how long before finally being able to stand.

Hmm...Vergil managed to put Dante to the ground with just three stabs...well two and a cut in the hand. And yet even after Vergil leaves you can still see blood around Dante as he laid there motionless.
Oh, but that was different, notice that Vergil also took Dante's medallion which triggered, well, his devil trigger and that was probably Dante's first experience of the devil trigger. Not mention they both got pretty worn out fighting eachother since they're both pretty equall and same thing happened in their second fight.

EDIT: I ****ing love my new sig. 131

ESB -1138
Didn't we go through this like a thousand times? KH = Not canon.

It is considering Sephiroth has used Fallen Angel in both FF7 and KH and since KH is real time and FF7 is just time based KH shows what Fallen Angel can do in a real time battle.

Oh, but that was different, notice that Vergil also took Dante's medallion which triggered, well, his devil trigger and that was probably Dante's first experience of the devil trigger. Not mention they both got pretty worn out fighting eachother since they're both pretty equall and same thing happened in their second fight.

EDIT: I ****ing love my new sig. 131

Vergil didn't take his medallion during the first two implements when Dante felt that horrible, horrible pain. It seems that Vergil managed to inflict massive damage on Dante just with his and Dante's swords.

Charlotte DeBel
Also Vergil is Dante's twin, he has basically the same anathomy as Dante, so he knows HOW to inflict major pain to his brother. I doubt Sephirot is that adept at the halfdemonic anathomy.

ThoraxeRMG
So? Sephiroth still wins.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
So? Sephiroth still wins.

Why?

shin_gear
Because!

No srsly, I think this would be close.

ESB -1138
Also Vergil is Dante's twin, he has basically the same anathomy as Dante, so he knows HOW to inflict major pain to his brother. I doubt Sephirot is that adept at the halfdemonic anathomy.

Yeah cause you know; you really have to know a guy to stab him in the chest.

Rascaduanok
OK, folks:

Undeniable Proof That Dante Beats Sephiroth.

Remindme
heheh. nice, but that how many hits on google they have, or yahoo...it uses a search engine

i think 1 is god there, if i remember right

(edit)

1 has 0 zeros, so i guess they corrected, anyways, at the moment "because" is the god of google fight ;p

Charlotte DeBel

Stabbing in the chest can be different depending where exactly and how you strike. Dante got stabbed through his heart and spine with Alastor sword and literally pulled it through himself. He was fine in a couple of seconds.
So that's not just "stabbing in the chest" any Joe Nobody can replicate.

shin_gear
OK, folks:

Undeniable Proof That Dante Beats Sephiroth. Hehe...

ESB -1138
Stabbing in the chest can be different depending where exactly and how you strike. Dante got stabbed through his heart and spine with Alastor sword and literally pulled it through himself. He was fine in a couple of seconds.
So that's not just "stabbing in the chest" any Joe Nobody can replicate.

And yet Vergil just stabbed him dead in the center and Dante is out cold. Yeah it takes a lot to be capable on stabbing someone.

IceJaw
And yet Vergil just stabbed him dead in the center and Dante is out cold. Yeah it takes a lot to be capable on stabbing someone.
Stomach area = dead center?
Dude, read!

I'm pretty sure Charlotte was talking about demon anatomy (*COUGH* KEY WORD*COUGH*) rather than knowing someone. haermm

ESB -1138

And Sephiroth has stabbed someone in the stomach before (Cloud). You make it seem like Dante can't be hurt and yet we see that even Vergil blocking Dante's punch that ends up hurting his hand causes him pain. What's your excuse there?

Charlotte DeBel
Also Vergil doesn't make any "control wounding" like decapitating his brother. So why do you think that the goal was to kill rather than leave him uncapable to pursuit him? If you want to kill someone, you're going to do that FOR SURE.

Dude, read!

I'm pretty sure Charlotte was talking about demon anatomy (*COUGH* KEY WORD*COUGH*) rather than knowing someone. haermm

You're right, I was talking about knowing the specific traits of demonic anatomy.

Charlotte DeBel
Also stabbing wildly in the stomach doesn't seems the answer. Probably you have to hit some specific point in the body for such effect. I'm not oing to enter the whole pressure points debate- it's late and I'm tired and want to sleep.

ESB -1138
So why do you think that the goal was to kill rather than leave him uncapable to pursuit him?

And yet when Dante was on the ground unable to stand for who knows how long Vergil just left. Sounds more like Vergil got what he wanted and saw no threat in Dante.

Also stabbing wildly in the stomach doesn't seems the answer. Probably you have to hit some specific point in the body for such effect. I'm not oing to enter the whole pressure points debate- it's late and I'm tired and want to sleep.

Sephiroth is a first class SOLDIER who fought in a war. I'm sure he knows where some pressure points are if that's what you're driving at.

Rascaduanok

ESB -1138
And the fact that Dante gets impaled like by seven scythes and stabbed in like in every game and yet one stab from Vergil and he's down on the ground. DMC doesn't make sense sometimes.

Charlotte DeBel
And yet when Dante was on the ground unable to stand for who knows how long Vergil just left. Sounds more like Vergil got what he wanted and saw no threat in Dante.

Sephiroth is a first class SOLDIER who fought in a war. I'm sure he knows where some pressure points are if that's what you're driving at.

He fights HUMANS, darling. Dante is a half demon and why the hell Sephiroth would aim for stomach in the first place (specifically if you need to hit some specific area and not just stab wildly)? To kill regular human for sure he'll aim for his heart.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_1kETIVweo

Here Dante drags sword through his very own heart, practicaly ripping it in parts. And he's OK in a few seconds (though in those seconds he's weakened since the damage was rather severe and demonic regeneration needed some seconds to cope with a loss of blood).

Remindme

Terryc250
Dante doesnt seem so fast that Sephiroth wouldn't beable to hit him, he seems to be as fast as Loz from advent children

IceJaw

Remindme
Aww...i thought i did good sad so whats my ignorance?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Remindme
Aww...i thought i did good sad so whats my ignorance?

Just hack-n-slash...darling, you're opinion on Dante's skills is so low? He's not limited to just swords, he has a varieny of enchanted weapons in his disposal and was skilled with them even as teenager (19years old Dante from DMC3). Their mystical properties can at least couner some stuff Sephiroth does with his materia.
And if you doubt that Dante survives Sephiroth's Supernova... well, I'm going to show you something.
The description of Dante's high demonic form (Super Sparda form) which is your "super desperate move" in DMC2 game (you enter it by Devil Triggering when you health is low).
Originally posted by Estacado
That's cool but it's useless against someone who is completly invincible.

Some of his powers:
Can't be hurt, totally invulnerable, not even the bosses can hurt him.Has 2 red energy swords coming out from his upper arm just like Baraka's.Can shoot huge energy balls repeatedly, has an aura attack similar to Vegeta's, can fly, has a chest blast which instantly kills anyone including the bosses.

Lovely, huh?

C. C. Cowgirl
Sephiroth because he looks better flirt

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl
Sephiroth because he looks better flirt

I'm not going to agree with you on that one.

Terryc250

Rascaduanok

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>