Gargant vs Gogondantess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Longinus
This is a duel between the two most powerful demons in the Onimusha series (excluding Nobunaga and Fortinbras). They both served as primary enemies to both Onimusha heroes, Samanosuke and Jubei...but the question has always lingered, in a fight to the death which of these badasses would win? Battle takes place in a large arena like phantom realm, no shield for Gogondantess, but then again since Gargant is an Oni that joined the demons couldn't he just play the sacred flute to break his shield? Anyway, fight on!

lightness
gogandantess, the greatest swordsman of all demons.

blade warriors screwed up his line and made him say the greatest swordsman of the demon world

Longinus
you know Gargant may not be the best swordsman, which is proably crap anyway considering he was beating Samanosuke until he went Oni but he is the most powerful demon besides Fortinbras and Nobunaga.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Longinus
you know Gargant may not be the best swordsman, which is proably crap anyway considering he was beating Samanosuke until he went Oni but he is the most powerful demon besides Fortinbras and Nobunaga.

Garganto isn't a demon. He was an Oni warrior who went turncoat. As for who would win, I got my money on Garganto. He looks cooler and that sword he has is badass.

That and Donnie Yen did the choreography for the Onimusha 3 intro.

lightness
gargant can't really hurt gogandantess unless he gets his hands on the flute. or he might but it's near impossible to get past the shield and do any damage. gogan can also use a danteish stinger and jump away from the lightning magic attack.

Longinus
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Garganto isn't a demon. He was an Oni warrior who went turncoat. As for who would win, I got my money on Garganto. He looks cooler and that sword he has is badass.

That and Donnie Yen did the choreography for the Onimusha 3 intro.

Yea I stated that Gargant is an Oni that switched sides but it still doesn't change the fact he is now considered a demon as is Marcellus who was once an Oni warrior and is canonically stated as being the most powerful demon. Also he can play the sacred flute because of his Oni blood but that doesn't matter because Gogandantess shield isn't in the fight. I think Gargant takes this 10/10 imo.

Longinus
Originally posted by lightness
gargant can't really hurt gogandantess unless he gets his hands on the flute. or he might but it's near impossible to get past the shield and do any damage. gogan can also use a danteish stinger and jump away from the lightning magic attack.

C'mon man, you are seriously underestimating the agility of Gargant, the guy was putting Samanosuke on the defensive and was unrelenting in his attacks. Samanosuke had to transform into his Oni form to defeat Gargant, that wasn't the case with Gogondantess and Jubei. Flipping and jumping won't save him.

lightness
Yea I stated that Gargant is an Oni that switched sides but it still doesn't change the fact he is now considered a demon as is Marcellus who was once an Oni warrior and is canonically stated as being the most powerful demon. Also he can play the sacred flute because of his Oni blood but that doesn't matter because Gogandantess shield isn't in the fight. I think Gargant takes this 10/10 imo.

marcellus was that sceintists genma's creation.

you are seriously underestimating dantess, overestimating gargant

gogandantess actually defeated jubei multiple times and killed off the entire oni race on the ship. being able to push around sam's regular form isn't exactly that impressive compared to what dantess did. nobunaga killed him in that form.

Longinus
1. You don't know anything about Onimusha, Marcellus was the original Oni warrior but was killed in a trap hatched by Guildenstern and he then twisted him into a genma. So you're wrong there. Read the scrolls in Oni 2 and 3 and you will find that you are very wrong.

2. Jubei was getting beat around by Dantess because he had his shield and Jubei had not yet acquired the Sacred Flute and when he did Dantesss was killed.

3. Gargant is stated as the MOST POWERFUL GENMA by CAPCOM, your points are invalid. Samanosuke defeated Fortinbras in human form and killed him in his oni state, that shows Sam's ability. The guy killed Genma as his job and demons wondered could any demon kill him. Nobunaga also killed an alternate time Samanosuke but was himself defeated by the actual Sam. Saying Sam isn't impressive in his normal state is just dumb, Samanosuke has killed any demon he has faced. Fortinbras, Marcellus, Guildenstern, Gargant, Nobunaga, Hecuba and Ranmaru have all fallen to Sam's blade.

lightness
1. You don't know anything about Onimusha, Marcellus was the original Oni warrior but was killed in a trap hatched by Guildenstern and he then twisted him into a genma. So you're wrong there. Read the scrolls in Oni 2 and 3 and you will find that you are very wrong.

2. Jubei was getting beat around by Dantess because he had his shield and Jubei had not yet acquired the Sacred Flute and when he did Dantesss was killed.

3. Gargant is stated as the MOST POWERFUL GENMA by CAPCOM, your points are invalid. Samanosuke defeated Fortinbras in human form and killed him in his oni state, that shows Sam's ability. The guy killed Genma as his job and demons wondered could any demon kill him. Nobunaga also killed an alternate time Samanosuke but was himself defeated by the actual Sam. Saying Sam isn't impressive in his normal state is just dumb, Samanosuke has killed any demon he has faced. Fortinbras, Marcellus, Guildenstern, Gargant, Nobunaga, Hecuba and Ranmaru have all fallen to Sam's blade.

1. maybe since i dont remember everything but it seems like you don't know everything or twists things your own way.

2.it's possible to beat him without a sacred flute if you are real good or spam a lot of magic attacks with lots of items. you just automatically trigger the cut scene of him getting defeated. which is pretty good yourself. and dantess is still a ***** with the shield down.

3.I never said sam was unimpressive, i just said that he's not the god you make him out to be and his feats are comparable with jubei.

fortinbra was the most powerful genma, play dod and you'll know nothing compares to him. sam defeated fortinbra a tremendously weakened form. he helped defeat him in dod by giving soki the gauntlet and helping team up on his human form.
sam never killed ramaru, he just defeated him a bunch of times but he was still alive and jacque finished him off after he attacked his son.
sam was pretty much defenseless against nobunaga in his regular form untill his alternate timeline sams fused. if it wasn't for gildernstern's timemachine teleporting him around he would have died the first time. and his oni form is not regular form
sam was also captured or defeated at one point in every game he was in.

Longinus
How am I twisting stuff, you're just wrong. I just replayed all the Onimusha this past 2 weeks. Regardless Samanosuke is the only person who beat Fortinbras and Nobunaga. Even if Fortinbras was in his weakened form he still lost and was killed until he was reborn. Ranmaru was beaten multiple times by Sam, wasn't he killed in their first encounter and later revived demonized by Guildenstern. Any person who knows about Onimusha will tell everything I'm saying is true. Also Samanosuke is above Jubei reputataion and feat wise... Jubei managed to defeat Nobunaga not kill him and ran and HID from the genma while Samanosuke traveld Japan waging his own war against the genma, killing any he encountered hence there being a document in Oni 3 asking was there any genma that could survive an encounter with him as it said many demons had fallen to his blade.

Your number 2 is pointless as you can't beat Dantess in the first 2 encounters against him, and it helps my argument because all you're saying is that Gargant can still break his shield even without the flute meaning the shield is as impregnable as you think

Also what has Jubei done to compare to Samanosuke? I know he's great too but Sam has done the following, sorry to go off topic but Sam is the genma's most feared threat, Jubei ran off into hiding

-Defeated Ozric
-Defeated Marcellus
-Defeated Hecuba
-Defeated Doppleganger
-Defeated Fortinbras
-Destroyed Genma Tank
-Defeated Gargant
-Defeated Nobunaga
-Defeated Guildenstern
-Defeated Ranmaru
-Defeated Mitsunari/Claudius
-Traveled Japan waging war against the genma

lightness
i meant you twisted things in your preference by the gargant wins 10/10 statement you made. i never said the shield was impenetrable at all, i just said that he's a ***** to kill even without the shield.

your statement of how sam's the only one who killed fortinbra proves that you don't know much about onimusha or played dod

and jubei killed nobunaga and the evil golden statue. he just revived himself.

Longinus
I said Sam is the ONLY person to defeat Forinbras AND Nobunaga, I know Soki beat Fortinbras with the aid of Samanosuke's Oni gauntlet...yea reading comprehension man. So yea..you're still wrong lol. Him killing Nobunaga and going into hiding is cowardice on his part when people are dying and Samanosuke is basically waging a ONE man war against the genma. Your point is invalid. But yea I own all PS2 Onimusha games. You don't know anything concerning Onimusha

lightness
you just admitted i was right by saying that soki beat fortinbra with or without aid.

i don't think he went into hiding since he respawned yagyu village. the only thing i remembered mentioned in scrolls was that he travelled away from japan. Nobunaga's activity stopped for awhile when he was away. why would someone of his character bother going into hiding. he pretty much went knocking on the genma's door and destroyed everything including the evil golden statue.

Longinus
you're an idiot as I capitalized AND meaning both you idiot. Sam beat Fortinbras and Nobunaga, Soki only beat Forinbras and with the aid of everyone else. And Jubei did go into hiding to escape the genma. Go play Oni3 and learn something. Yea after he beat Nobunaga and the statue, worst boss in the series, he went into hiding while innocents were being slaughtered and served as food and while Sam was raising a one man war. So nice try guy but you fail.

brainchild81
Dantess wins

Longinus
what? another misguided one lol, j/k but care to explain why?

brainchild81
laughing He's the greatest swordsman of all the demons. Gargs was only doing so well against Sam 'cuz Sam had just fought like 80 people & those 2 pig dudes.

Longinus
Originally posted by brainchild81
laughing He's the greatest swordsman of all the demons. Gargs was only doing so well against Sam 'cuz Sam had just fought like 80 people & those 2 pig dudes.

But Gargant is THE STRONGEST/Most POWERFUL OF ALL THE DEMONS, I'd place someone who was more powerful higher in rank than someone who calls HIMSELF (noone else says this, so it's not canonically proven, however there were scrolls in Oni 3 stating Gargant as the most powerful demon) the greatest swordsmen of all the demons. Also Samanosuke ran away from the majority of the demons, using Enryuu to kill a few and then he fought the other demons to a draw when Gargant arrived. Gargant would tear Gogondantess apart.

lightness
oni3 nobunaga was the most powerful when gargant was alive.

a scroll is just something written by someone. and dantess was already dead after the oni2 period. so gargant can be just the 2nd strongest at that time

Longinus
Gargant was alive the whole time as Sam fought him right after On1, which is before Oni2. Man don't come back here unless you educate yourself with the proper knowledge and also Nobunaga is no demon, he's the demon king. He's in a class all his own so why would he even be mentioned in the same sentence as Gargant when it concerns power? Use logic you're wrong and Gargant wins.

lightness
demon king=demon. i did use my knowlege and gogandantess wins. your logic is so flawed you won't accept others

Longinus
How is my logic flawed? Like I said, why would anyone even compare Gargant and Nobunaga. Capcom has stated this (Gargant is the most powerful demon, he's not classed as a demon king), as have scrolls in the game. What more proof do you want? What you're saying is idiotic. Did Fortinbras have the title of demon, no, he was titled as Demon King meaning he's above the other demons much as Nobunaga was. Please explain how Dantess wins. For all your talking you haven't stated any valid reasons why'd he win. A person saying something themselves doesn't make a statement true and neither does someone else saying a statement make it true but I be much more inclined to believe scrolls in the game which detail characters and advance the plot than the ramblings of an arrogant demon who calls HIMSELF the greatest swordsman of all the demons (noone else states this). Your logic is so flawed you can't accept others when you've been proven wrong on multiple occassions.

lightness
nobunaga and fortinbra were still demons. and fortinbra was a demon god, not king. that was nobunaga's rank. the only thing that comes close was the description of how they had respect/friendship with each other in blade warriors.

i already explained that dantess won't neccessarily win. i just said that it would probably be a good fight. the scrolls were written by fictional characters, and there were no mentions of gargrant in oni1 as far as i'm concerned. dantess was quite possibly considered the strongest untill he died in oni2, or it can be the person's opinion.

either way dantess has more feats and coolness going for him, and gargrant wasn't even a boss untill oni4, where soki killed him without even using his oni awakening.

Longinus
Gargant was stated as being the most powerful demon in scrolls, scrolls act as story fillers in the game moron, have you no played the game? Developers put them into explain things and so far all scrolls have been true, the fact that they're written by fictional characters makes no difference when in fact the majority of Onimusha isn't REAL genius. Gogondantess was never considered the most powerful because Gargant was always around. Fortinbras was never considered a god until Oni DoD in Oni1 he was simply demon king because he didn't have the level of power he had in DoD. Understand now? Dantess how many feats? Didn't Jubei kill him without going Oni, yes he did. Now your argument is starting to fall apart so he can't be this great you're making him out to be. The fact that Samanosuke had to go Oni to beat him shows his power. Also the fact that Soki beat him without going Oni just shows how good Soki is and not to mention he possesses the power of the Oni God of Darkness. Yea man wheres your logic. Just give up, you're fighting a losing battle. Cut your loses and bail the phuck out...

lightness
gogantess destroyed a whole oni base with the help of 2 regular demons.

gargant doesn't have any feats that measure up.

oni3=after oni2 idiot. the guy wrote that he was the strongest at the time he was already dead. believing gargant has an advantage is one thing(which noone else really agrees on except you) and believing that he wins everytime is just stupit

capcom already stated tht they had mutual respect for each other, meaning that they admire each other's skills, but i guess you forgot that. or didn't play buraiden/blade warriors

Longinus
Ok they did have mutal respect for one another, but that doesn't change the fact Gargant was around right after On1 as stated Buraiden/Blade Warriors idiot. So it doesn't change the fact that Gargant is the most powerful, documentation has stated this. There is no document stating the same concerning Dantess, only Dantess makes those bold claims about himself and that didn't save his ass with Jubei. I like how avoided all my other arguments ass, way to dodge. This same discussion was over at Gamefaqs when Oni3 was released and the general opinion was Gargant would spank his ass. Also are you referring to the Oni Sacred Place, you mean that was the fortress that Dantess destroyed? If so thats a lie, the Oni were destroyed eons ago by the demons as stated by Guildenstern and the Oni themselves. The fortress was destroyed after Dantess' death ass, Tokichiro blew it up I believe AFTER stealing the Oni Tortoise. Anyway this is deteriorating into a bitching match... BUT if you want to keep going I won't stop. Funny that on an equal playing field (no shield) Jubei spanked Dantess but Samanosuke would've died had he not went Oni... still can't over your avoidance of the other points I made...nice job

lightness
the only one really bitching is you.

if you don't want to accept that dantess killed every oni on the ship, that's fine with you.

samansuke was also having trouble with the two pig demons in the gameplay.

jubei vs gogandantess was a gameplay battle where you can use your regular oni awakening, but i guess it doesn't count now, because you don't get it.

anyways i guesss there's no way to convince your thick head. arguments on gamefaqs are dumb anyways. people just tend to agree with whoever gets the most votes. or whoever gets the most fanboys. the whole being unbeatable just because you claim someone is stronger is stupit too. sam got his ass kicked by claudius a few times before he killed him, it shows that either is capable of kicking each other's ass.

Longinus
Well obviously you're a fanboy of Dantess and I Gargant which is why you defend him so fiercely, albeit poorly but hey whatev. and this has degenerated into a bitching match...you scream idiot, I scream assfart. So whatever, people have probably avoided this topic because of the dumbass back and forth going on here, maybe you don't see that. But OT, was it stated or shown that Dantess killed any Oni on the Sacred Place? No, why? Because they were already dead. Simple.

lightness
so you completely ignore that i said it would be a good match.

if i was a true fanboy, i'd just say dantess wins easily, which is as easy to say as the other way around. capcom never made them fight each other or made any real way to compare, and dantess was a better boss.

blame capcom for plot holes which are weird. and inconsistant stuff(i guess they forget about many things like the gba rpg which is uncannon since it interferes with oni3)

atleast you admitted to being a fanboy which takes guts.

Longinus
I don't care to admit I'm a fanboy of some characters, some characters are just too cool to not have your attachment to no matter how pathetic it may sound. For future reference characters I like are, Dante, Samanosuke, Ryu Hayabusa, Kratos, Nariko and War.

Muck101
Gogandantes ftw

Longinus
Not another one lol, hte it when people just say ftw with no type of explanation... it's such a great argument

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.