Join The AAA (no, not acoholics anonymous or american auto)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sabrea
Okie...Who wants to join the AAA? First off, it means:
Anti-Avril (Lavigne) Association
Website soon to come. Oh, btw, even though she doesn't come here anymore, this was Lari_Crai's idea, and the pic. was made by her too..and she says she might come back.(this is wat happens when both of us get together and have sugar and get hy[er..last time it was a story called "Life As McGregors" **dont ask**) Here is the AAA add: (sponsored by CannibalisticKitty creations) Happy Dance remember..this is opinion based, so dont sue us or anything..

LanceWindu
What do you have against Avril Lavigne???

You're probably mad at her because she's making big money and she's only 17.

Or maybe it's because she writes her own lyrics.

Sabrea
uhhhh....this may be a long explanation..ill let lari write it.........

ok, this is Lari crai.... and WATCH OUT! You ASKED For it!!!!!!!!!!
(No offence Lance, don't take this seriously...I'm nto mad at you.)

A) 1:

HER OWN LYRICS?!?!?!?!?!?! HA!!!!!

Take out the little paper/lyrics thing that coms with the CD. Look at the lyrics by. As you will see, she CO-WROTE barly any of them....and she dosen't write them.....

A) 2: She said once (roughly quoting): "I sit down at the end of the day, and I write about what ever I'm fellign about that day."

on another, she said: "I sit down with my guitar player and write."

note: I'm not applying that it's wrong to have help writing your stuff, but it IS when you claim to write it ALL or almost ALL by YOURSELF and don't give THEM any credit.....

B) 1: She thinks she's so punk. Well, I don't like labling in the first place, but if you MUST lable yourself, than Avril, dear, I have a note for you. You say your punk, that your anything BUT dreaded Pop *scream* (quote: "I'm NOT pop, I'm new country." ......how is that better?) Than, why may i ask, are half your songs in a pop-based style?

B) 2: wearing cloths from Hot Topic does not make you a punk. Sorry, btu when i go into the mall, and see a bunch of preps going crazy over Arvil look alike cloths....there's somethign wrong. I'm not in any group, and I liek Hot Topic.... and they can buy what ever they want... but keep the squels down....PLEASE??!??!

wooo hoooo you through on a little more guitar than usual.....WHICH leads me to point C.

C) WHEN (minus S8ter Boi's few secs. of strumming....which, may I add it was most likely pre recorded.) have you seen her play her guitar?????
I read a anti-Arvil article that shocked me seeing I had been sayign the same things about her as that did for a while. Well, my point. The author went to a Arvil concert seeing she owned a music mag. and she said that the ONLY time she 'played' was a few cords on one song...

Which is kinda connected to point D.

D) Why the HEC does the media always compair her with Michelle Branch?!?!?! They are NOTHING allike. Yes. Michelle does right fictionous love songs, I'll sigh to that....but she got up, on a stage, opened for a band with ONLY her guitar and her voice, and got a record deal. That's called RAW talent....

You say that "well, Michelle has a band to...." download "Leap of Faith" Her alone...from her DEMO.... ((which means she most likely didn't have the money to pay someone to completely change her voice and have someone play for her....)) Now THAT is pure talent in my eyes.

E)..... Download Poe's "Angry Johnny". Listen to the lines after: "I wanna kill you." ((it's not all THAT morbid... just think of it metaphorically)) now, take Avril's "Things I'll Never Say" listen to after... "If I could say what I wanted to say, I'd say I wanna...."

tell me if you hear any similarities....... and DON'T say 'that happens all the time in music.' ....... well, dearies,,.... NOT when she copies two poses of the SAME artist......

F) summary: She pretends to be everything she's not. She is a poser. She needs to figure out and realize WHAT her is. Her words are ruining her music for me.

I Liked Complicted. I admit it. I was the one who mad her popular here... (I let a prep hear Complicated and yeah...) and I kinda like "THings I'll Never Say".... but I can't listen to something when I know a liar is singing them..... think of it...

"Who listens to the words of fools?" I'm not saying she's a fool. I don't know her. I can't judge her like that. BUT I can speak up against faulty messages.

I wish all luck to her.... but she HAS to stop. She pretends to be what she is because it's 'popular'...... Ok, she likes skating..... so? that dosen't make you one thing.....

ok, I'm shutting up now...

LanceWindu
What's popular? The music style or just her being a punk?

Sabrea
umm...music being punk..supposebly...

yerssot
pfff, there are a lot of artists doing this, not only her
and I mean almost every point
sorry, I don't have a problem with her ... yet, though the song gets a bit annoying now

Ushgarak
Well, that's certainly a motivated argument...

Raz
I'm sure it is. If only I could be bothered to read it all!

Tex
I think Shirley Manson of Garbage fame puts it best when she says:

Avril Lavigne is a nice change from Britney as a pop star but please! I've had enough of the media ramming here down my throat as a bone fide agitator!!!! Em......no I don't think I'm buying that one! And here's a little tip for the stylists behind the "diva".For god's sake,take off the tie........enough already!!
For those of you,like me,who never bought into the so called,patriarchally orchestrated "girl power' of the SPice Girls....or the join the dots,colouring book " rock rebellion" of Avril lavigne; Get your eyes fixed on Karen O from the "Yeah yeah yeahs" because let there be no mistake......no misunderstanding......she really is the annointed one!

Amen!

mah
I like Avril

LariCrai_Kenobi
O.o.....is that a few people....agreeing with me???

Yes...it's sad...too many do it! *sigh, frown* Avril just sticks in me the most because it seems to be that she's the most ovious to me and it's gone so far :-(

as I have staed. I don't have a problem with her music.....and I can't jusdge her....it's the thought that somethign can be so eaten up... and yeah....

LariCrai_Kenobi
>.< sorry mah....but it's opion.... >.< *read that right after she posted.*

yerssot
go get them tiger!

finti
Like fellow newcomers Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton, Avril Lavigne both plays and writes her own music. Unlike any of the pop princesses that have gone before her.

If you had an anti Eminem i sign in a second.

yerssot
oh, but according to Lari Crai the credits on her lyrics says she doesn't!

finti
well the ones I saw credited Avril together with producer Clif Magnessther so....

mah
yup, she writes most. the music isn't fantastic, but its better than much else on the charts so I like her.

yerssot
uhoh! Someone is twisting the truth here wink

mechmoggy
I'd nail Avril, but wouldn't buy her album.

Thats my thoughts on the whole subject.

mah
smile
I DO find her more attractive than Britney and Christina though, I must say.

Corran
I think I'd nail her but I would not rule out buying her album.

yerssot
people people! language please!
it's not buying! it's stealing!

mechmoggy
laughing out loud
You really scare me sometimes Yerss.

Tex
"He was a skater boy, I said see you later boy"

Oh!! Genius lyrics!!!!!!roll eyes (sarcastic)
And to think she needed help writing that craproll eyes (sarcastic)

The little Britney worshiping tots have reached puberity. Now their bodies are changing and their mad and grouchy and "in your face". Manufactured Avril is an updated Britney.

Sabrea
-.- there is no such thing as anti Eminem because everyone LOVES Eminem..but im not gonna go into that..

LariCrai_Kenobi
LOL Tex!!!!

about the song writing thing: I have been told by two peeps what I said about her music being co-written/ other wirtten..... on from one of my best friends who takes music more seriously than me..... ((I don't have her CD oviously, but have heard half her 'work'))..... so I only know that.......

-.- and AGAIN with the compairing to Michelle...... *throws her hands up into the air sighing.*

Sabrea
i like michelle's music..

finti
hmm strange casue I dont know any who does, and I know a lot of people

yerssot
loves is such a strong word for him...
like, perhaps, yes

finti
no one I knows likes him either, I know a lot of people who cant stand him though

Tex
Those viking types like to listen to Enya.
"Sail away, sail away, sail away......."wink

finti
At least Enya is soothing

Tex
Yup.
She also extremely rich!
She's sold like over 200,000,000 albums worldwide, and most people here in the US have never heard of her!
Go figureroll eyes (sarcastic)

Sabrea
hey! im from the US and i have heard of enya! i like her songs! they even play her in the movie theatre here before they play the movie...

LariCrai_Kenobi
EXCUSE ME! I'm an American! And I *heart* Enya's muisic! It's a pain in the butt to find her earlier CDs!!!!!!
I begged and BEGGED my aunt to get "A Day without Rain" after I had heard some of her stuff.... You wanna know the closest place she found it? Out side New York! AND we had to special order sheet music -.-..

"heeheehheehee(etc) Here am I, yet another goodbye, he says adios, says adios , and do you knwo why, she won't break down and cry? She says adios, says adios, goodbye. One by one my leaves fall. One by one my tales are told....."

.....I evebn have a character named "Fallen Ember"

Oh Sab!! WE were in the theater to see Ep. 2 actually, and they start playing music, I went...

....."Is that Enya?" and me and Sab got in this huge convo. aout it...it was amusing... than the guy came around to check tickets and he had a thing that looked like a saber ;-)

Tex
Enya's good stuck in traffic type music.

yerssot
I'm not an American big grin
pleased to meet you *shakes hands*

finti
Enyas kin (sister, brothers and cousins) have a band called Clannad, go check it out, if you think Enya is nice then you will love Clannad.
As a matter of fact Enya was a part of that band her self once.

mah
and Clannad is also a japanese dating-sim for the PS2!

Tex
Where is Enya from anyways?

mah
Ireland

yerssot
nothing ever goods comes from France!

Corran
That's a filthy lie, there's errmm...............just wait I'll remember soon...........it's errm..........you know that good thing..........ermmm............Ok maybe nothing, no I've just remembered, it's no it's gone again..........got it Happy Dance banana's, there you go, it's bananas. smile

yerssot
and you get wild lions in Germany roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
I know that's one reason I'm uncomfortable with visisting Germany. sad

BackFire349
avil is just as fake as everyone else in the music industry, she is not a rebel. and her little "punk" friends look like a group of sissies.

mah
matters nought. the music is still pretty OK, and avril might stil be a nice girl

BackFire349
her music is nothing more then typical.

yerssot
I suggest you try to sing then

BackFire349
oh wow, she can sing better then me, that means she should have a musical career. she's a lousy singer if you compare her to some of the other female musicians out there. and as far as her lyrics go, thats something i could easily do better then her.

Tex
Yeah, and she's totally rude!
When they presented her the MTV VMA for best new artistroll eyes (sarcastic), she grabbed the award and pushed the presentor out of the way!
Total *****!

mah
hey! avril is a cute enough lass!

mechmoggy
Yup, she can push me around as much as she likes. wink

mah
exactly!

LariCrai_Kenobi
OH dear.... here we go.....

.. ....lets put it this way.... My best friend is making her demo. WHen she gets out into the open (it WILL happen!!) , you'll all probly be complaining about her.. so I should probly shut up....

But she follows in Poe's footsteps...

Finti: Thanks for the tip! *huggle, runs to find thier music*

Sabrea
you've gone crazy lari....and whos making a demo, mel?....and and and and and avril has a song..and everyone says that she wrote it on the piano when she was depressed..i doubt she can even play the piano..and don't ask me the name of the song cause i didnt catch it..

finti
Poes footstep, as in Edgar Allan big grinbig grin

LariCrai_Kenobi
LoL... nwope, the singer Poe.... a complete genius when it comes to music in my mind... but, that's just my thoughts....

Sabrea
lari!! whos maing a demo?????

LariCrai_Kenobi
Lissa's making the demo....at least she was last time I checked....

Sabrea
ohhh..okie....i was lost for a minuet...

finti
for a minute??????? eek! NAH

Sabrea
okie..more like for a couple hours..

Corran
I got the Avril Lavigne CD just to see if she's as bad as y'all make out, I quite like it.

BackFire349
sorry.

Corran
It's not your fault.

mechmoggy
Mrs.MM has also bought it, not listened to it yet though.

I've got her the JJ72 album for xmas and I keep listening to it when she's out. Its kewl.

finti
I aint gonna get it.

mechmoggy
JJ72 or Avril?

BTW did that Ocean Colour Scene ever turn up, or did you look for the Hundred Reasons CD?

finti
Avril the canadian snot faced punkroll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
not gonna get her cd, but the music is decent enough.

finti
actualy I think it is crap, nothing to it wanna be Alanis stuff and there can only be one ALANIS

mah
so what if it isn't alanis..its still not bad

finti
she is trying to be Alanis sooooo bad it gets stupid, even lyric wise she is an Alanis copy.

BackFire349
thats what i thought when i first heard her.

Sabrea
alanis morissette?..because everyone keeps saying that she semi-sounds like her, which i think avril is a messed of version of her..and she also has a song where she does the same thing as Poe ((lari pointed that out to me))..

LariCrai_Kenobi
(sigh* we know this.... and as I said *chough*poser*cough*

Sabrea
LoL Happy Dance ((sorry..im hyper)) **sarcastically** Avril a poser?? no way!!! LoL..

mah
been eating sugar?

Sabrea
sugar?!?!?! where?!?!?! more sugar!!!! i...need....more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Happy Dance but ill settle for hayden or eminem instead..lol..Happy Dance sugar..hyperness..Happy Dance

MGF
I've read an article from an anti-Avril Lavigne website which showed how Lavigne contradicted herself and other stuff. I found it kind of made sense.
My favourite singer is Michelle Branch, but I like CERTAIN of Lavigne's songs.

deadly_force
me too she good looking but well she cant sing at all (not saying i can but i dont make loads of money from it)

KidRock
Wow..dumbest..thread..ever..

as much as I hate avril I must say.. get off her nuts Sabrea

Imaginary
She can sing better than us normals. I don't like her but i dont not like her either... I hate her music though it's not my style.

IndieKid
I'm in, I hate that whiney biatch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.