Captain America: The Chosen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Double you tee eff?

Please tell me that someone else read this so that they can explain it to me. I'm so friggin confused. It was like Captain America (_A_ Captain America? Someone dressed as Captain America?) was laying on a hospital bed telepathically emboldening soldiers of war?

Or something?

The ****?

NiņoAraņa
wrong forum there Soljer Boy. 131

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
well sounds effed up. i'll check for it next time i go to my CBS.

pr1983
moved

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Soljer
Double you tee eff?

Please tell me that someone else read this so that they can explain it to me. I'm so friggin confused. It was like Captain America (_A_ Captain America? Someone dressed as Captain America?) was laying on a hospital bed telepathically emboldening soldiers of war?

Or something?

The ****? sad

Soljer
*dance*

Thanks for the move...

Now, where was I;

What the ****?

SnazzySmurph
That's clearly Reed there... my guess is that they're either trying to find a new Cap (them being Reed and co.), or this has something to do with the upcoming Captain America: Return arc.

What felt strange to me was the Army Captain's comment about Cap having better things to do than help those soldiers... has Steve's death not his earth 616, do they not know because they're out at war, or is this taking place before the death?

Soljer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
That's clearly Reed there... my guess is that they're either trying to find a new Cap (them being Reed and co.), or this has something to do with the upcoming Captain America: Return arc.

What felt strange to me was the Army Captain's comment about Cap having better things to do than help those soldiers... has Steve's death not his earth 616, do they not know because they're out at war, or is this taking place before the death?

I thought that it looked like Reed, but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

But who the hell was that 'Captain America?' It couldn't be steve - he actually SPOKE.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
I thought that it looked like Reed, but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

But who the hell was that 'Captain America?' It couldn't be steve - he actually SPOKE. Watch me jump and be amazed! It even looks like it could be the F4 uniform beneath the whitecoat. I could be wrong, but that's improbable.

The first thing I think of is Cap on his death bed, or some point before that. Like I said, it seems like this might have been something that isn't taking place right now in 616.

Me no know.

batdude123
laughing

I knew Marvel didn't have the balls to keep Steve dead.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing

I knew Marvel didn't have the balls to keep Steve dead. They've confirmed normal Steve's staying dead for the period of time in which the 40's Steve is in current 616... so I wouldn't call this a return just yet.

batdude123
shock

Deathstroke
I read it and was confused too, but one of my friends told me that this story takes place during Cap's last days or on his death bed or something.

tjcoady
I don't think this in continuity. they've been advertising it like "in the tradition of Spiderman: Reign and Silver Surfer: Requim comes a whole new series.."

plus, the real army captain insuinuitated Captain America is still alive in the reality The Chosen is set in.

lando005
my guess is that cap was newman, i think they are mentally conditioning him to be the new cap

Citizen V
This is like a Captain America - The End story, so it's pretty much got nothing to do with 616 or the whole Invaders Cap coming back.

I just interpreted that the soldier was under such stress that he imagined Captain America by his side, which gave him the courage to keep fighting on when he would have given up. He wasn't actually there except for in his mind, nobody else could see him or knew he was there.

That bit I got, but the next bit I didn't really; I think Reed and whoever might have been showing Cap that he wasn't obsolete, that even in death he wouldn't be forgotten about and he still inspires bravery in people all around the world.

erm... I think.

Black Adam
I was really enjoying this issue....until I got to the end.

could have done without the whole psychic projection thing.

Soljer
Meh, a glorified what-if.

Got it.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Black Adam
I was really enjoying this issue....until I got to the end.

could have done without the whole psychic projection thing.

I agree. Im curious as t whats going on but this issue couldve been better as a stand alone issue without the last page.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.