Yoda versus Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janus Marius
Interesting fight, methinks. Yoda and the others as of RotS; Qui-Gon obviously as of TPM. Neutral arena, no handicaps or PIS. Who wins?

Darth_Glentract
Wow. Really a hard call. I'm kinda leaning towards Yoda though.

Janus Marius
Either way, I think it would be really fun to watch.

Shin_Nikkolas
A "flick of the wrist" (novelization) and in the movie
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2531/obigetspwnedme3.gif

was sufficient to KO Kenobi.

No offense to the good Count, he is remarkable and high up and all but he's no Yoda most definitely. It should take Yoda at least as much effort as it took Dooku to remove Kenobi as a factor via Force powers.

Is there anything to say Qui-Gon is stronger in the Force than ROTS Kenobi? I highly doubt it as Kenobi went one-on-one with ROTS Anakin....can't see Darth Maul or Qui-Gon doing that.

So, the biggest factor here is ol' Anakin. If it's pre-Vader Anakin who lets go of his restraint and taps into the Dark Side, he has a bigger chance. If he doesn't, he has no chance.

Overall, Yoda gets the nod for the majority, IMO.

Janus Marius
I'll be honest- I don't see Yoda Force Choking Obi-Wan.

Shin_Nikkolas
Details, details.

He could just ya know...Force Push him somewhere? The Choke was just to hold Kenobi. It was the push...or is really a push? Looked like a toss. Whatever. The push and impact was what knocked him out.

Count Makashi
I don't think Yoda can defeat these 3 highly skilled Jedi at the same time, especially with Anakin there.

Darth Sexy
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Yoda able to dodge 3 jedi masters without even the use of a blade?

Count Makashi
None of them good as Obi-Wan and Anakin.

tulakhordpwns
Yeah, but I doubt they were trying there hardest to kill him.

I don't see yoda doing that. Do we ever see yoda using the force offensively? Qui-gon and Obi-wan know how to fight well together, and Obi-wan and Anakin know how to fight well together, so that will help them. I think that the 3 attacking would wear out yoda a bit, then yoda might use the force to take out Jinn or Kenobi. Eventually Anakin would start using his fury, and I think yoda would lose after a long battle.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I'll be honest- I don't see Yoda Force Choking Obi-Wan.

True.

But I could see Yoda Force Asskicking Obi-Wan across the arena. He's too quick for them and he's stronger in the Force.

vader11
I'm not so sure about this one, but I'm kinda leaning towards team 2.

darthsith19
Yeah, the trio win. Anakin pwnd Dooku, true he was using the forum that is most efficient against Makashi, and Dooku was tired, but still. Also in the novel, Mace says that Anakin might be the strongest Jedi ever, which puts him alone close to Yoda.

Qui-Gon is quite strong, and Kenobi is a beast. Together, Kenobi and Anakin beat Dooku - add in a third Jedi, and Yoda is going down. If he should manage to take out Kenobi and Jinn both, he will be far to tired to deal with Anakin.

Jack of Storms
Dooku wasn't choking Obi-Wan; it was more of a grasp. I'm sure Yoda, who obviously has a higher mastery of the Force than Dooku, could just lift his body and throw him against a wall, assuming there is one. The rest of the fight will have Yoda and Qui-Gon flipping around like monkeys, and Anakin beating at him from elsewhere. Yoda would probably be able to take down Qui-Gon before Anakin overwhelms the preoccupied master, then tear apart Skywalker.

Gideon
I see several flaws with this line-of-thought.

1.) Count Dooku was not tired as our departed Advent (may she return to exact vengeance on us mere mortals) has proven; the RotS novelization states explicitly that he revitalized himself using the Force.

2.) Anakin didn't overcome Count Dooku specifically because he wielded a form that is "most efficient against Makashi", as that would imply that anyone using Anakin's form could overcome the Count -- which is obviously false. Anakin overcame Count Dooku because he literally became a whirlwind of destruction; he was simply too 'powerful' -- physically and emotionally -- for Dooku's defenses to fend off.

3.) ...The "but still" part of your statement makes absolutely no sense. If your logic was correct (which I believe it isn't), it would be foolish to credit Anakin alone with the victory.

Mace Windu's statements regarding Anakin do indeed hold some weight; especially since he isn't particularly fond of Skywalker. But what does power mean in this instance? Strength in the Force? Most assuredly. But in Force mastery and control? No. Anakin doesn't measure up to Dooku himself in that particular department, let alone Yoda himself.

Janus Marius
The most aggressively Yoda has ever used the Force included pushing a Sith Lord over a desk and slowly rotate a pod before chucking it back at him. He doesn't rank high in the category of "throwing Jedi around like rag dolls." He certainly is more apt to use his lightsaber abilities to win this match then just Force pwn everything.

Lightsnake
Other point to Yoda's aggressive Force abilities:

Lifting up Mace Windu, deflecting a blaster bolt and hurling a Yinchorri warrior back into a wall with bone crushing force in "Acts of War"

darthsith19
The script says he was tired. The novel says he was running out of Force Reserves. So yes, he was tired.

I know. But if Anakin had used a different forum the duel would have been closer, and Dooku may have won.

But still, Anakin pwnd him, is what I meant. Anakin alone didn't win, but seeing how badly he won once he was alone, I'm certain that alone he could have defeated Dooku all along.

Most powerful I think refers to Anakin's fighting ability, saber skills, Force Skills, ect.

Gideon
I know what the script says, Darthsith. And I know what the novelization said. As the fight progresses, Obi-Wan and Count Dooku grow more fatigued whereas Anakin simply gets angrier and stronger.

Originally posted by Gideon:

...Obviously, he wouldn't need to revitalize himself if he weren't tired. The point is that he removed his fatigue by calling upon the Force. So, no, during the last half of the fight? He was not tired, which was the point.

darthsith19
Actually, if he were running out of Force reserve before even getting rid of Kenobi, by the time he got Anakin on his own he'd have no Force Reserve left to use for the fatigue, so yes, he would be tired then.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, if he were running out of Force reserve before even getting rid of Kenobi, by the time he got Anakin on his own he'd have no Force Reserve left to use for the fatigue, so yes, he would be tired then.

You're theorizing; speculation does not hold weight when in defiance with previously-established canon. The novelization says that Dooku revitalized himself with the Force when he was getting too fatigued. Ergo, he was not tired.

darthsith19
Except it is not a theory - if he were running out early in the duel how could he not be totally out by the time he isolated Obi-Wan and Anakin?

Darth Sexy
No DS he can't, because he uses the force to constantly replenish his strength.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
No DS he can't, because he uses the force to constantly replenish his strength.
And explain how he can replenish his strength when his Force Reserve is gone,

Darth Sexy
I guess that all depends on a certain level of force mastery. Then again, Anakin's force reserves were damn near unlimited.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.