Why hasn't Reed, Banner, _____ (insert comic genius)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
found cures for all diseases ie cancer, AIDS, etc?

ExodusCloak
Black Panther apparently has the cure for Cancer...shifty but Wakanda doesn't share. So people like Betty Ross die in the MU.
Oooh Hulk has a reason to smash Black Panther now...I mean he smashed the mansion for absolutely no reason this is at least a partial reason.

masterbruce
why hasn't Reed been able to find a cure?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by masterbruce
why hasn't Reed been able to find a cure?

It kind of takes away the human aspect from the MU if you rid the entire Earth of disease. So I'm going to be annoying and say, the same reason why every genius(Good and Evil) in the Marvel universe failed to figure out a solution to M-day. stick out tongue

Black Panther was probably lying. He does that a lot.

batdude123
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Black Panther apparently has the cure for Cancer...shifty but Wakanda doesn't share.

Black Panther is a c*nt.

Rufus T Firefly
Originally posted by batdude123
Black Panther is a c*nt.

Hate Crime no expression

grey fox
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
It kind of takes away the human aspect from the MU if you rid the entire Earth of disease. So I'm going to be annoying and say, the same reason why every genius(Good and Evil) in the Marvel universe failed to figure out a solution to M-day. stick out tongue

Black Panther was probably lying. He does that a lot.

He was dead serious.

Endless Mike
They have, but they're keeping it a secret.

Symmetric Chaos
found cures for all diseases ie cancer, AIDS, etc?

Because:

1) That would remove such stories from existing in the comics
2) It would extend human life to an extent that they couldn't deal with
3) It would eventually be reverse engineered into a disease that kills everything
4) Reed is a complete dick

janus77
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Hate Crime no expression
love the criminal?
confused

batdude123
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Hate Crime no expression

I don't care if he's black, white, red, green, blue, or yellow.

If he has a cure for cancer in Wakanda and doesn't share it with the world, then he's a c*nt for sure.

pr1983

If he has a cure for cancer in Wakanda and doesn't share it with the world, then he's a c*nt for sure.

pretty much...

Citizen V

Don't forget them Irish.

Scum of the Earth shifty.

batdude123
Originally posted by Citizen V
Don't forget them Irish.

How could I have left out the Irish? oh

pr1983
Don't forget them Irish.

no expression

TricksterPriest
Don't forget them Irish.

No, that would be the French. big grin Frog-faced bastards. stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
Don't forget them Irish.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, that would be the French. big grin Frog-faced bastards. stick out tongue

Canada...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Canada...

Not dangerous though.

SnazzySmurph
Canada... no expression

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
no expression

It's part French. mad

SnazzySmurph
It's part French. mad Yeah, but nobody likes Quebec anyways.

It really shouldn't count.

tjcoady
because it takes away from the realism of the stories. and comic books have so little of that, it's kinda necessary to keep it there somehow.

Dr. Strange found a cure for cancer once.

batdude123
Originally posted by tjcoady
because it takes away from the realism of the stories. and comic books have so little of that, it's kinda necessary to keep it there somehow.

Dr. Strange found a cure for cancer once.

Funny then, how he let Wong die.

Dr. Strange: The Oath = funniest shit ever. no expression

Symmetric Chaos

Agreed. The prodding at pharmaceutical companies was hysterical.

tjcoady

what are you talking about? He used the remains of the cure to cure Wong... Wong lives at the end of the Oath. did you read it?

boriquaking55
Dude, Wakanda has a cure for cancer and isn't sharing it with other countries? Is that actually in the comics?

If so, **** Wakanda and the BP, that's just too cold-blooded.

grey fox
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Dude, Wakanda has a cure for cancer and isn't sharing it with other countries? Is that actually in the comics?

If so, **** Wakanda and the BP, that's just too cold-blooded.

Yes, no joking.

Wakanda wont share with the 'uncivilised white people'...

Darth Vicious
Agreed, it would take realism. I think the closest thing to AIDS/Cancer in the M.U was the Legacy Virus and they cured it.

Blight
I wish I had Aids.

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Agreed, it would take realism. I think the closest thing to AIDS/Cancer in the M.U was the Legacy Virus and they cured it.

No , Marvel has AIDS , the filthy mutants are just immune to it.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by grey fox
Yes, no joking.

Wakanda wont share with the 'uncivilised white people'...

They wont share with the rest of Africa either. no expression

Alfheim
Originally posted by Apolloknight
They wont share with the rest of Africa either. no expression

....I dunno man thats sounds ****ed up. How the hell is that justified?

Superherovandal
Because Wakandans are the only ones who deserve to be illness-free by the standards of the writer.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Because Wakandans are the only ones who deserve to be illness-free by the standards of the writer.

Im not impressed.

don't shiv
Black Panthers Cancer Cure only works on Wakandan bloodlines.

There are cures for some diseases which will only work on the INHUMANS / ATLANTEANS / SAVAGE LAND TRIBES and so on.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by don't shiv
Black Panthers Cancer Cure only works on Wakandan bloodlines.

There are cures for some diseases which will only work on the INHUMANS / ATLANTEANS / SAVAGE LAND TRIBES and so on.

Bingo. Many of wakandas cures, and treatments only work on wakandans. You see, Wakanda is the oldest, and purest empire ever to exist on earth. They have never been conquered, thus their heritage, culture, but most importantly their blood lines have never been influenced by outside sources.

Its also why the heart shaped herb only works on wakandans, namely those with royal wakandan blood. I will admit however, when they were discussing the cure for cancer, they said it would be a "small trinket" or something like that (been awhile since I read the issue). I get the feeling they have had it for awhile, as well as many other cures and stuff.

What can I say, Wakanda likes keeping everything it has on the hush.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=position275sn.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Bingo. Many of wakandas cures, and treatments only work on wakandans. You see, Wakanda is the oldest, and purest empire ever to exist on earth. They have never been conquered, thus their heritage, culture, but most importantly their blood lines have never been influenced by outside sources.

Fascinating. Incredibly disturbing. But, fascinating.

So do terrorists O_o

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Fascinating. Incredibly disturbing. But, fascinating.

So do terrorists O_o

Um, every country has its military/medical/political/biological etc, secrets in which it will not open to the rest of the world about.

Its just that wakanda is so advanced, it has much more, and spies in every other countries intelligence bureaus effectively having theirs too. no expression

masterbruce
I don't see anything wrong with Wakanda keeping its cancer cure a secret.

as Apocalypse says, only the fit survive

Symmetric Chaos
I don't see anything wrong with Wakanda keeping its cancer cure a secret.

as Apocalypse says, only the fit survive

By that logic no one should have tried to stop Hitler no expression

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
By that logic no one should have tried to stop Hitler no expression

there's a big difference between

a) attacking you for no reason (Hitler)

b) not giving away my scientific secrets for your benefit (Wakanda)

I'm not saying it's not a heartless act, but I'm saying...oh I don't know, nm.

Symmetric Chaos

I'm not saying it's not a heartless act, but I'm saying...oh I don't know, nm.

laughing out loud I'm just pointing out that the survival of the fittest argument can rationalize plenty of evil things.

K3VIL
masterbruce got a point here.I mean, they can built portals to other dimensions, weapons able to rip apart cities, devices which can absorb energy from cosmic beings and they cannot cure cancer and AIDS?Sounds kinda crap.

Endless Mike
In "The Death of Captain Mar-Vell" it was mentioned several times that they could have cured his cancer if it had not been for the weird energy effects of the Nega - Bands that were thwarting their efforts

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endless Mike
In "The Death of Captain Mar-Vell" it was mentioned several times that they could have cured his cancer if it had not been for the weird energy effects of the Nega - Bands that were thwarting their efforts

shocklaugh

don't shiv
ALSO it would count as an act of Supreme sabotage to share a gene-specific cancer cure which clever scientists working for Wakanda's enemies or certainly governments who do not have Her best interests at Heart can reverse engineer into an airbourne Carrier for a virus /disease to committ Genocide against the Wakandan race .

Alfheim

Its also why the heart shaped herb only works on wakandans, namely those with royal wakandan blood. I will admit however, when they were discussing the cure for cancer, they said it would be a "small trinket" or something like that (been awhile since I read the issue). I get the feeling they have had it for awhile, as well as many other cures and stuff.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=position275sn.jpg

Fair enough but if their cures did work on other people it wouldnt be fair to keep it to themselves. Dr Doom does stuff like that. no expression

Um, every country has its military/medical/political/biological etc, secrets in which it will not open to the rest of the world about.

Its just that wakanda is so advanced, it has much more, and spies in every other countries intelligence bureaus effectively having theirs too. no expression

Fair enough.

Creshosk
Bingo. Many of wakandas cures, and treatments only work on wakandans. You see, Wakanda is the oldest, and purest empire ever to exist on earth. They have never been conquered, thus their heritage, culture, but most importantly their blood lines have never been influenced by outside sources. They gotta do a hell of alot of gene tampering on their own people to keep the effects of inbreeding dormant... it'd be a wonder if they'd even be genetically compatible with outsiders then if this is true...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike

The bands were the only thing keeping him alive after a certain point. Plus, The Kree considered him a traitor, so they refused to help cure him.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Creshosk
They gotta do a hell of alot of gene tampering on their own people to keep the effects of inbreeding dormant... it'd be a wonder if they'd even be genetically compatible with outsiders then if this is true...

Aye, but again, its a comic, what can you do?

Creshosk
Aye, but again, its a comic, what can you do? Just accept it as a suspension of disbelief? It's not totally implausible that this advanced society would know how to combat the effects of inbreeding that usually plauges isolationist countries.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Creshosk
Just accept it as a suspension of disbelief? It's not totally implausible that this advanced society would know how to combat the effects of inbreeding that usually plauges isolationist countries.

Very true, I hate speculating, however this could be true. During BP and his advisers conversation about the cure for cancer, they referred to it as a "small trinket". It could be believed that their medical field is many more times beyond that, they might have a cure for every disease or faulty family trait in the world, so what you say could hold true. But then again, it is still just speculation.

Although suspension of disbelief is often an annoying and sometimes unacceptable answer, it is sometimes the only answer that makes sense.

Creshosk
I'm interested to see what ties Night Trasher has to Wakanda Corp...

Blight

I'm not saying it's not a heartless act, but I'm saying...oh I don't know, nm. But hitler DID have a reason... it just wasn't a good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.