Super Adaptoid vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
They fight in space.
SA isn't allowed to copy Supes's powers.

Who takes it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Adaptoid.

Scoobless
Originally posted by darthgoober
They fight in space.
SA isn't allowed to copy Supes's powers.

Who takes it?

What powers does SA have here then?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Scoobless
What powers does SA have here then?
All of his "standard" powers.

Symmetric Chaos
All of his "standard" powers.

Doesn't he currently have the standard powerset of Chamelon?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't he currently have the standard powerset of Chamelon?
At this point I've seen him use the powers of Mar-Vell and the Nega Bands, Hercules, Quicksilver, Ironman, and I'm not sure who all else. He's currently supposed to be able to use the powers of anyone he's adapted too, but I'm not sure which heroes Marvel will "forget" about.

golem370
He could also use Superman powers against him

Soljer
Originally posted by golem370
He could also use Superman powers against him

He was restricted from that in the first post.

darthgoober
Bump

golem370
Well the most recent book I saw him in he had the combined power of 100 heros.

S-A- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Adaptoid

darthgoober
Originally posted by golem370
Well the most recent book I saw him in he had the combined power of 100 heros.

S-A- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Adaptoid
That list is actually a little inaccurate. It may be theoretically possible that he'd have all those powers but he's never been shown to have actually adapted the powers of half the people on that list. Who ever is updating that thing is just listing everyone who ever appeared in a book with him, he's not actually checking to see whether or not SA actually adapted their powers.

Sirius77
Didnt phyla-vell defeat this version?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sirius77
Didnt phyla-vell defeat this version?
Yeah she did. But then again it WAS in her first solo miniseries, and unless I'm mistaken he'd already beat her and Moondragon at the same time twice in the series before she actually managed to to pull a win against him.

Not to mention the fact that there was more than a little PIS going on in that fight IMO considering the fact that she used the whole "conflicting logic" thing to somehow mess with his head so she could get close enough to take him out. I'm sorry but a super computer with the combined intellect of guys like Reed Richards and Hank Pym and the Cosmic Awareness of Mar-Vell should NOT lose his mental faculties due to a logic problem...

Sirius77
Does he always seem that... obsolete? Not to downplay the character, but it seemed to me like he was only using machine logic and not anything else. Also, if he couldnt use his imagination, then how would he be capable of tapping into such an abstract, non machinelike concept as cosmic awareness? I dont know alot about the character, just asking.

darthgoober
Does he always seem that... obsolete? Not to downplay the character, but it seemed to me like he was only using machine logic and not anything else. Also, if he couldnt use his imagination, then how would he be capable of tapping into such an abstract, non machinelike concept as cosmic awareness? I dont know alot about the character, just asking.
Don't ask me for the specifics, the guys that built him are a lot smarter than I am laughing . But I CAN say that despite his lack of imagination, he's used Mar-Vell's cosmic awareness on at least three occasions now. And his strictly using machine logic is part of the PIS I was talking about. SA has the ability to mimic AT LEAST three different characters at a time, but when Quasar took him down at the end he'd stopped using pretty much everything but her own powers and his own natural abilities. "Forgetting" to use powers and abilities during the big fight at the end is damn near the definition of PIS...

Sirius77
Hmmm... I see your point.

Personally, Ive never seen why all power mimicers are not higher on the list than they are.

Amazo, sa, all of them. Its really pis that they can be beat in the first place. Because the way I see it, if something can copy anythings abilities by being near it, then technically, shouldnt it be more powerful than anything that it faces?

Anyway, what abilities is sa fighting superman with?

darthgoober
Hmmm... I see your point.

Personally, Ive never seen why all power mimicers are not higher on the list than they are.

Amazo, sa, all of them. Its really pis that they can be beat in the first place. Because the way I see it, if something can copy anythings abilities by being near it, then technically, shouldnt it be more powerful than anything that it faces?

Anyway, what abilities is sa fighting superman with?
Well like I said, to my knowledge he can use three templates at a time and to date I've personally seen him copy...

Captain America
Edwin Jarvis
Mar-Vell
Thor's natural abilities(He also copied SOME of the power of Thor's hammer, but not all of it)
Hercules
Doctor Druid
Black Knight
Wasp
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Quicksilver
Beast
Giant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Fixer
Mentallo
Machine Man
Mister Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Captain Marvel(Monica)
Hulk
Vision
Iron Fist
Baron Zemo
MACH-IV
Songbird
Atlas
Moonstone
Jolt
Shang-Chi
Luke Cage
Quasar (Phyla-Vell)

janus77
SA for the win.
on his way to the fight he bumped into Hal, who introduced him to his good friend Norrin Rad and then they had a piss-up with Kyle and The Hulk.

big grin

Sirius77
Well like I said, to my knowledge he can use three templates at a time and to date I've personally seen him copy...

Captain America
Edwin Jarvis
Mar-Vell
Thor's natural abilities(He also copied SOME of the power of Thor's hammer, but not all of it)
Hercules
Doctor Druid
Black Knight
Wasp
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Quicksilver
Beast
Giant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Fixer
Mentallo
Machine Man
Mister Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Captain Marvel(Monica)
Hulk
Vision
Iron Fist
Baron Zemo
MACH-IV
Songbird
Atlas
Moonstone
Jolt
Shang-Chi
Luke Cage
Quasar (Phyla-Vell)

Is this moonstone zemo?

darthgoober
Is this moonstone zemo?
No moonstone. And it's classic Scarlet Witch that he copied, not the uber version.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No moonstone. And it's classic Scarlet Witch that he copied, not the uber version.
Even Classic Scarlet witch could make Superman fly into a red sun or an asteriod of kryptonite could fall out of the sky. The only reason she would lose to superman would be speed blitz. SuperAdaptiod wont' have that problem if he's using say, Monica Rambeau's powers, and Thors at the same time.

Sirius77
But really, none of these characters are as fast as superman...

But I think that it would probably go to sa... 6/10 maybe.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Even Classic Scarlet witch could make Superman fly into a red sun or an asteriod of kryptonite could fall out of the sky. The only reason she would lose to superman would be speed blitz. SuperAdaptiod wont' have that problem if he's using say, Monica Rambeau's powers, and Thors at the same time.
Oh I know that classic SW's powers are a b*tch to deal with, I was just pointing that before anyone got it into their head that SA wins via "No more Supermen".

hellknight
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.