MTV's VMA 2007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
MTV's VMA 2007

how fat was Britney? eek!

Scythe
Was she....ya know...showing skin.....?

Tattoo
I don't watch that crap channel.

Scythe
Somebody tell meh! Did she slur her words and let her blubber do all the talking??

S_D_J
she was in a bikini like getup, with boots I think

she was completely lost, couldn't dance for shit, lipsync worst than what Chris Brown did (at leats he danced his ass off)...

and she was fat vin

Punkyhermy
wow.

i feel so bad for her.erm

S_D_J
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
wow.

me 2.

At least she could have dance a little better... like actually moving and stuff

she was such a good dancer.

I hope she gets back in shape.

but: She was fat yes

Scythe
anti-boioioioioioioioing...

Röland
I just looked at the pics of her from tonight and she didn't look fat..... no expression

Tattoo
wow.

Why? She brought it on herself.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Tattoo
Why? She brought it on herself.

there's a point where stuff isn't funny anymore.

she needs help. serious help and put herself back together or i fear for her. erm

Lana

Scythe

Röland
Originally posted by Lana
Well, we all know that if you weigh more than 100 pounds, you're fat roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just looked at some pics to see what people were talking about and yeah, not fat. Normal, more like. Frankly, it's a bit of a nice change to see someone that's NOT a walking toothpick.

Agreed.

http://www.mtv.com/content/ontv/vma/2007/photo/flipbooks/performances/14765570-sh.jpg

If you think that is "FAT" then you have some serious body image issues.

Röland
Originally posted by Scythe
So which is it?

In my opinion, not even close to being fat and super hot.

Punkyhermy

Scythe

Tattoo

Scythe
Yay, train wrecks!

Lana
i agree.

people need to leave the woman alone. i really fear for her. she's like wayy over the edge now.

poor thing.sad

Why do you care? She caused her own problems. It's not effecting you.

I don't understand this whole "care about celebs" thing.

DigiMark007

I care about Tony Romo. But he just won me a game in fantasy football...which leads to money if I do well this season.

If I got $50 every time Britney has a baby, maybe I'd care (a "baby pool", btw, would make an insanely fun way to bet).

srug

Tattoo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I care about Tony Romo. But he just won me a game in fantasy football...which leads to money if I do well this season.

If I got $50 every time Britney has a baby, maybe I'd care (a "baby pool", btw, would make an insanely fun way to bet).

srug

I'd rather take part in a Celebrity Death Pool, it would entertain me to no end, I'm morbid like that.

DigiMark007
I'd rather take part in a Celebrity Death Pool, it would entertain me to no end, I'm morbid like that.

I had a friend whose family did something like that (they have extended family living close). Bob Denver, the Lamb Chops creator-lady, and the Pope all won it for somebody in its various iterations.

ermm

Lana

That'd make me laugh.

I remember when Anna Nicole Smith died, my first few thoughts were "who's surprised?" and "oh **** those shallow celeb-worshippers are never going to shut up".

Rogue Jedi
has MTV done a celebrity death match with her versus Christina Aguilera?

Leo.M
She's not fat.

But I don't think she should have worn what she did. She's not a an 18 year old girl anymore. If she would have covered herself up. she would have looked sexy.

InnerRise

I don't understand this whole "care about celebs" thing. Well why do you care about what somebody else cares about?

It's called COMPASSION. It's not something you can learn, either you have it or you don't.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

InnerRise
I felt so embarrassed for Chris Brown. First of all, he came out there LIP SYNCING............and then wasn't even good at it.............his performance was BORING and SLOPPY.

And Sarah Silverman..................man............I chuckled at some of the stuff...............but she just bombed with that crowd....................I'm still not sure if that's the very reaction she was going for though.

At the end when she said she was done there was a hint of something in her voice. It could have been "Well this sucked" or "Hahaha, I really went there and I'm proud/satisifed of/with my performance."

Hard to tell with her.

I mean, she didn't even get anything with the Paris Hilton Joke.

Tattoo
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well why do you care about what somebody else cares about?

It's called COMPASSION. It's not something you can learn, either you have it or you don't.

Compassion for celebrity, who she would not give 2 shits about if they weren't famous.

InnerRise
Compassion for celebrity, who she would not give 2 shits about if they weren't famous. Wasn't specifically talking about any one celebrity.

Compassion in general and the understanding of it.

And no, she probably wouldn't b/c she wouldn't know about it b/c the problems wouldn't be Front Page News for the whole world to see.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

DARKLORDCAEDUS

People will always care about celebs. Also I found Barit to be hot. Naturally she has to lose a fdew more pounds, but she was looking good.

S_D_J
Ok, she wasn't that fat, but her performance was a train wreck. she wasn't in the best shape to wear the outfit she wore, I mean look a Rihanna, she's hot, but she wasn't showing skin everywhere.

Britney on the other hand was like wearing lingerie which wasn't flattering at all. and I could swear she stumble once or twice with one her dancers. and the lipsync... bad.

Chris Brown was terrible at lip syncing as well, Rihanna put him to shame singing live, but god that boy can dance, and least that was good

Sarah Silverman bombed, but at least I laughed at her jokes at Britney erm

anyone else bored with the HIP HOP battle (publicity stunt) btwn Kanye and 50... I like Kanye, he samples just like Puffy, but 50... no expression

and what happen with Tommy and Kidrock... that was so pathetic it was really funny

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
has MTV done a celebrity death match with her versus Christina Aguilera?
yep, along time ago, I think Christina won, or they both died, don't remember
Originally posted by Leo.M
She's not fat.

But I don't think she should have worn what she did. She's not a an 18 year old girl anymore. If she would have covered herself up. she would have looked sexy.
exactly

Originally posted by Röland
Agreed.

http://www.mtv.com/content/ontv/vma/2007/photo/flipbooks/performances/14765570-sh.jpg

If you think that is "FAT" then you have some serious body image issues.

what about her hair extensions? vin

Oh, boy! ... iSuck

I'm fat, and have no problems with it, my health its ok and I'm not obese, but believe me, you won't see me in front of Inter"national" TV wearing nothing but underwear

Punkyhermy

I don't understand this perpectual state of apathy that seems to plague every person i meet these days. and it scares me to be honest. everyone is so caught up with selfishness that at the mere display of teeny affection for another living breathing being is taken as an extraordinary, abnormal occurance.

I mean...like...wtf?!

What the f**k?

You realize that its destroying individuals? Brit obviously lacked care and love from those closest to her. Where is her mom? her sister? her husband's a frikkin *******. roll eyes (sarcastic) erm

so excuse me if i want to extend a hand of sympathy. sad

Punkyhermy
Well why do you care about what somebody else cares about?

exactly.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

i don't know to deal with these "why do you care?!" outbursts frankly. it is so disturbing when you have to explain and defend yourself for caring for another individual.

I am just..beyond words.

no expression

Punkyhermy
Compassion for celebrity, who she would not give 2 shits about if they weren't famous.

not true.

i care about anyone i know something about.

regardless of how some people seem to lack even an "emotional range of a teaspoon" no expression stick out tongue

Lana
I don't understand this perpectual state of apathy that seems to plague every person i meet these days. and it scares me to be honest. everyone is so caught up with selfishness that at the mere display of teeny affection for another living breathing being is taken as an extraordinary, abnormal occurance.

I mean...like...wtf?!

What the f**k?

You realize that its destroying individuals? Brit obviously lacked care and love from those closest to her. Where is her mom? her sister? her husband's a frikkin *******. roll eyes (sarcastic) erm

so excuse me if i want to extend a hand of sympathy. sad

However, your 'caring' about her isn't going to do anything. Celebs don't know who you are. They don't care about you.

And I find it rather hard to feel sorry for people who cause their own trainwrecks, and even more so when they blow off any attempts to fix problems.

I'll save my compassion for people I know (as in, actually know. Not just read about in tabloids and see on TV) who deserve it.

The world's too big a place to care about everyone and everything that happens. It's not being selfish, it's having some sense.

Scythe
None of this makes sense to me.

Mr. Bacon
However, your 'caring' about her isn't going to do anything. Celebs don't know who you are. They don't care about you.

And I find it rather hard to feel sorry for people who cause their own trainwrecks, and even more so when they blow off any attempts to fix problems.

I'll save my compassion for people I know (as in, actually know. Not just read about in tabloids and see on TV) who deserve it.

The world's too big a place to care about everyone and everything that happens. It's not being selfish, it's having some sense.
so in that sense one could argue that just because you cant do anything single handedlyto help the environment, you dont care about it?

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
so in that sense one could argue that just because you cant do anything single handedlyto help the environment, you dont care about it?

meh...don't bother.

her sense of sense is actually very nonsense. erm

Lana

Um, that argument makes no sense.

What does that have to do with not caring about someone who ****s up their own life, won't fix it, and only gives a damn about their fans because they're the ones that make them money?

It's funny. For every rich idiot like Britney, there's hundreds of people in much worse situations who are able to still keep things under control. Yet who do people care more about?

Tattoo

Not in the slightest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can singlehandedly help the environment. Help is the keyword here.

What can you do to help Britney Spears? Say "Oh poor girl, I feel so bad for her." on an internet message board? It's just more celebrity obsessing.

Lana
meh...don't bother.

her sense of sense is actually very nonsense. erm

No, I just have a more realistic view of the world and don't see everything through rose-colored glasses.

Reality isn't pretty.

Reverend Axel
Brittany....srug

I'd still hit it.

Mr. Bacon

What can you do to help Britney Spears? Say "Oh poor girl, I feel so bad for her." on an internet message board? It's just more celebrity obsessing.
you can, i agree there, but will your contribution alone make a visible difference? no.

i dont really care about britney, never have, but is it wrong for someone else to? despite not being able to help them?

Tattoo
you can, i agree there, but will your contribution alone make a visible difference? no.

i dont really care about britney, never have, but is it wrong for someone else to? despite not being able to help them?

Yes, it can and will make a visible difference. roll eyes (sarcastic) Pick up 1 piece of garbage, there...you just made that part of the environment look better.

Talk about Britney on the interwebs...nada.

Mr. Bacon
Yes, it can and will make a visible difference. roll eyes (sarcastic) Pick up 1 piece of garbage, there...you just made that part of the environment look better.

Talk about Britney on the interwebs...nada.
i mean in the big picture, granted i could go outside and pick up a can and recycle it and i would be helping, but is my doing that going to reduce emissions or reduce deforestation, probably not erm

shrug

off subject but i like your sig stick out tongue

Röland
Originally posted by S_D_J
what about her hair extensions? vin

Oh, boy! ... iSuck

I'm fat, and have no problems with it, my health its ok and I'm not obese, but believe me, you won't see me in front of Inter"national" TV wearing nothing but underwear

laughing

I see your point, and the whole "body image issues" statement I made wasn't intended towards anyone. But I just kind of get sick on how some people look at body image as if it's what makes a person.

Tattoo
i mean in the big picture, granted i could go outside and pick up a can and recycle it and i would be helping, but is my doing that going to reduce emissions or reduce deforestation, probably not erm

shrug

Ok, how about this analogy?

In the big picture, if everyone picked up garbage, drove hybrid vehicles, used low flow toilets, etc. etc. The environment would be affected in a beautiful way.

In the big picture, if everyone logged onto the information super highway and blogged about how they feel sorry for Britney, it would still make no difference.

stick out tongue

Ordained
Who produced her new CD? I heard that it was Timberland. If so, that should bring her back. He has the rep of bringing artists back to their glory days.

Lana

shrug

It's actually pretty easy to make an effect on stuff like that. Reduce emissions? Make sure you get your car checked and keep it in working order, or take public transportation or walk or use a bike. Prevent deforestation? Use recycled products.

Sure, from one person it's not going to really be any huge effect, but it still is one and it builds up. It's not hard.

But Britney Spears isn't going to care less if some random person on the internet feels sorry for her.

Punkyhermy

Talk about things you know something about.

I have never in my whole life "obsessed" about britney spears.

expressing compassion is NOT obsession and is NOT worthless.

wow. this is just incredibile. is the concept so alien to everyone now?confused

a.the flow of empathy is not controlled by its potential impact on a situation. its a very human component, exclusive to the Homo sapien being, and we are a better, more civilzed creatures because of it.

b. it IS helpful in this situation. if people adapt a more forgiving attitude towards these people they themself raise to the pedestal of a celebrity but then oh so conviniently mock and taunt themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic) its a horrid, cruel unjust cycle. the least i can do as an individual thrust with the burdon of acknowledging it, is afford a few moments of empathy. erm

and i'm done with this.

*rubs aching head*

Mr. Bacon
Ok, how about this analogy?

In the big picture, if everyone picked up garbage, drove hybrid vehicles, used low flow toilets, etc. etc. The environment would be affected in a beautiful way.

In the big picture, if everyone logged onto the information super highway and blogged about how they feel sorry for Britney, it would still make no difference.

stick out tongue
ideally yes.

but will it happen? prbly not. people are too stubborn.

and no odds are it wouldnt help at all. but so what if it doesnt? its someones opinion or interest or feeling. if you agree fine, if you dont oh well to each there own.

Lana
if people adapt a more forgiving attitude towards these people they themself raise to the pedestal of a celebrity but then oh so conviniently mock and taunt themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic) its a horrid, cruel unjust cycle.

Just a note.

Most of the people who couldn't care less about celebs are NOT the ones who 'raise them on a pedestal', as you put it.

The world could do without talentless idiots like Britney Spears and survive fine.

And yes, it's cruel. So's everything else in this world. That's reality.

Bardock42
Well, we all know that if you weigh more than 100 pounds, you're fat roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just looked at some pics to see what people were talking about and yeah, not fat. Normal, more like. Frankly, it's a bit of a nice change to see someone that's NOT a walking toothpick. Lets be fair here though....except for being extremely skinny she really doesn't have anything to offer.

Ordained
She used to. And that brings us back to my question: who produced her new CD?

Tattoo
Originally posted by Ordained
She used to. And that brings us back to my question: who produced her new CD?

Dunno, don't care.

That song of hers sucked ass. 2 words, over and over and over.

Mr. Bacon
all her songs suck erm

Punkyhermy
all her songs suck erm

Ordained
Dunno, don't care.

That song of hers sucked ass. 2 words, over and over and over.

all her songs suck erm lol1

Lana
She only became famous to begin with because she was young and blond.

She stayed famous because she was fairly attractive and dressed provocatively.

She's only still famous now because she keeps ****ing everything up.

Really, there's no reason at all for her to be famous at all. And yet people worship her ermm

Mr. Bacon

Really, there's no reason at all for her to be famous at all. And yet people worship her ermm
i think there might be a few 13 year olds blondes who listen to her "music" out there somewhere

Tattoo

She only became famous because her first major video was aimed to horny teenage boys and horny pedophiles.

She stayed famous because of obsessive teeny bopper bitches with no taste in music or class.

She's only famous now because it's funny to see her **** her life up. Then whine about it.

Lana
She only became famous because her first major video was aimed to horny teenage boys and horny pedophiles.

She stayed famous because of obsessive teeny bopper bitches with no taste in music or class.

She's only famous now because it's funny to see her **** her life up. Then whine about it.

Pretty much.

Punkyhermy
its not funny anymore.

she's a wreck of a mess. erm

Tattoo
its not funny anymore.

Still funny to me, because I'm an assh*le.

*starts humming the Denis Leary song*

Punkyhermy
Still funny to me, because I'm an assh*le.

*starts humming the Denis Leary song*

no questioning that. thumb up

Tattoo
no questioning that. thumb up

Thank you. smile

Bardock42
its not funny anymore.

Not really funny. Just ... grotesque. That she'd even perform in such a state.

InnerRise
meh...don't bother.

her sense of sense is actually very nonsense. erm More like ignorance. It's DISGUSTING.

Really, there's no reason at all for her to be famous at all. And yet people worship her ermm You seem to have a lot to say on the matter. You seem really riled up.

One could amost mistake it for CARING.

Lana
That's your idea of riled up?

God, you're a laugh.

InnerRise
As are you.

Melcórë

She still had more to offer than the Whore....what's her name? She was recently disinherited? stick out tongue

Lana

Melcórë
laughing out loud

True, though. At least Britney Spears isn't famous simply for being rich. THAT I do not understand in the least.

Word.
Spears was actually attractive - and to a certain degree still is - as opposed to the Whore, but she's certainly far past anything that she may have once been.

Ordained
Did she do the whole VMAs?

no expression

That must have been torture.

InnerRise
Did she do the whole VMAs?

no expression

That must have been torture. Um no. erm

How the heck would that work? no expression

Ordained
Oh. I heard that she was supposed to be the MC.

sweat That was close.

Sol Valentine
Was Chris lip-syncing?

Ordained
Of course. But he did the damn thang with his dance moves.

dance

Go Chris.

Sol Valentine
He's starting to lose it.

Rihanna won best song of the year.

What about Amy Winehouse?

RogerRamjet
that ***** still wearin' a wig?

InnerRise
Of course. But he did the damn thang with his dance moves.

dance

Go Chris. Of course?????

As far as I know, he's never lip synced before and always sings his songs live..........although he dances throughout most of that as well instead of singing, but never lip syncing.

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
He's starting to lose it.

Rihanna won best song of the year.

What about Amy Winehouse?

What about her? She lost...................Sarah Silverman did say she has a Jew Face if that's any consolation. erm

Melcórë
I've never found Sarah Silverman all that funny. :/

Sol Valentine
**** Silverman if she talks about Amy like that!!!!!

And Chris Brown is really freaking annoying.

Grinning Goku
It ****ing sucked. Rhianna should not have gotten video of the year. I mean, my God. What the f**k? And Sarah Silverman bombed, big time. I'd still fuc.k her senseless though.

InnerRise
Umm....Rihanna should have gotten Video of the Year and rightly so.

Grinning Goku

I'm sorry. But you're wrong. It was pretty good. But not the year's best. But it is a matter of opinion, I suppose.

S_D_J

I agree. she looks great in that video

and as much as anybody would hate that song, they can deny it was, and is, everywhere, whether you like it or not. I chose to like it so it doesn't bother me at all

who produce britney's song, don't know, I also heard it was Timbaland, and Justin was going to be in one of her songs, but I dont really care

it was funny though, she appeared, I thought: "damn she's fat"
then she opened her mouth and I was like "here we go again"
and then she tried to dance and I said "damn, she must be stoned!"

and the song? I dont even remember what it was about, or at least one word of it...

all I remembered its: It's Britney bitches!!! laughing

InnerRise
Originally posted by S_D_J
I agree. she looks great in that video

and as much as anybody would hate that song, they can deny it was, and is, everywhere, whether you like it or not. I chose to like it so it doesn't bother me at all

who produce britney's song, don't know, I also heard it was Timbaland, and Justin was going to be in one of her songs, but I dont really care

it was funny though, she appeared, I thought: "damn she's fat"
then she opened her mouth and I was like "here we go again"
and then she tried to dance and I said "damn, she must be stoned!"

and the song? I dont even remember what it was about, or at least one word of it...

all I remembered its: It's Britney bitches!!! laughing When she opened her mouth..................NOTHING CAME OUT...................so yeah................

And she said "It's Britney B@tch."

Vanity
Didn't like the song, didn't like her outfit. don't like her but if you call her fat in that vid, well then i must be fat also because i weigh a little more than her

Punkyhermy
More like ignorance. It's DISGUSTING.

oh i'm well aware.:erm

InnerRise
EDIT

Tattoo
oh i'm well aware.:erm

*coughHYPOCRITEcough*

Lana
Not caring about celebrities and finding it silly to do so makes one ignorant?

Okay, whatever you say then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.