Jacen Solo Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
All-out fights.Current Jacen.

First 3, no rest.

1. 4 MagnaGuards
2. TPM Darth Maul
3. AOTC Obi-Wan and Anakin

10 hours of rest.

4. ROTS Dooku
5. Ulic Qel-Droma
6. Exar Kun
7. ROTS Yoda
8. DE Palpatine

darthsith19
Hard to say, Jacen seems to inconsistent. 1 he can do, 2 I think he can do but not easily, same with 3. Now he rests. Dooku will be hard - not sure if he can win. if he does, I say Ulic takes him, and he definitely isn't getting past Exar and Yoda. (unless something happened in Inferno that makes him stronger than I know of).

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by darthsith19
Hard to say, Jacen seems to inconsistent. 1 he can do, 2 I think he can do but not easily, same with 3. Now he rests. Dooku will be hard - not sure if he can win. if he does, I say Ulic takes him, and he definitely isn't getting past Exar and Yoda. (unless something happened in Inferno that makes him stronger than I know of).
Like put up a good fight against an enraged Luke?

darthsith19
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Like put up a good fight against an enraged Luke?
Did he? If he did that, he could make it to DE Sidious for sure, and might even win.

Gideon
Yes, he put up a decent fight against Luke. Though, it should be noted that in the Force, they're not even close.

Faunus
For those of us who haven't read the book; do you think you could give us a brief summary of the battle?

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
For those of us who haven't read the book; do you think you could give us a brief summary of the battle?

Certainly.

The premise is that Jacen has captured Ben Skywalker on board his flagship, and is torturing him via a Yuuzhan Vong device called the 'Embrace of Pain'. Luke -- who has had a major falling out with Jacen by this point -- fakes his death in the ensuing space battle outside. He sneaks into Jacen's flagship and immediately attempts to kill him. Jacen narrowly avoids getting struck down and they duel; the fight is very aggressive and very violent (it's not just your regular 'swing the saber' fight, it easily outclasses anything in the movies and most of the duels in the EU). They are said to swing their sabers faster than the eye can see. Jacen is on the losing end; Luke ends up delivering a palm-sized hole through Jacen's skull, he's stabbed in the abdomen, and is literally getting the shit kicked out of him. But to Jacen's credit, he takes advantage of Luke's recklessness to dislocate his knee and -- later will inflict two black eyes and numerous bruises -- but he's losing. He eventually gets the upper hand and begins to choke Luke with some poisoned-Vong vine. Luke manages to break out of it and is about to continue the fight when Ben releases himself from the Embrace of Pain and hurls a vibrodagger into Jacen's back.

Jacen later says that Ben doing this actually saved his life; it snapped Luke out of his 'kill-mode' and they allow Jacen to escape.

Edit:

Earlier in the novelization, Luke confronts Jacen about the death of Cal Omas (who was inadvertantly killed by Ben, who was 'sent' by Jacen to Omas under the deception that Omas arranged for Mara's death). Luke threatens to withdraw Jedi support from the Alliance and demands that Jacen admit the truth to Luke; Jacen denies that he had anything to do with Omas's death.

So Luke yanks him -- and his command chair -- into the air and keeps him suspended without any effort. Jacen, despite trying all his might, can't break out.

Luke says that the Jedi will not support Jacen, and Jacen implies that he will exact vengeance on Jedi younglings (who are being monitored by GAG troops). Luke essentially dares Jacen to make the threat, saying: "You really don't want to see me angry. And I think you're smart enough to know it."

Jacen laments that "the only thing standing between him and a quick death was Luke Skywalker's much-strained sense of decency."

Darth Sexy
Yea, I was thrilled to have that part in the book. It erases any doubts and inconsistencies of Jacen's and Luke's power. Luke should have wtfpwned him in their second duel but he was more concerned with Ben falling towards the dark side. I highly HIGHLY doubt Jacen is anywhere near DE Sidious' level btw..

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Yea, I was thrilled to have that part in the book. It erases any doubts and inconsistencies of Jacen's and Luke's power. Luke should have wtfpwned him in their second duel but he was more concerned with Ben falling towards the dark side. I highly HIGHLY doubt Jacen is anywhere near DE Sidious' level btw..

That isn't necessarily true. While Jacen isn't close to either Luke or the Emperor in Force control and prowess; he seems to be on par with either of them in saber combat.

Jacen was losing, but he did inflict damage on Luke as well.

Lightsnake
However, a nice note on Jacen's force abilities: He's able to sever-and reconnect- people from the Force without any apparent effort

Gideon
Originally posted by Lightsnake
However, a nice note on Jacen's force abilities: He's able to sever-and reconnect- people from the Force without any apparent effort

This is true.

Blue_Hefner
Caedus makes it at least to 5.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake

He severed Ben from the Force. Not exactly a capable Force User as of yet.

BTW, Gideon, Luke didn't send Jacen and his chair into the air, he smashed the chair into the hull of the ship, which was by the way so dense that after Luke had left Jacen was still unable to remove it, yet Luke smashed it in with no visible effort WHILE Force Pinning Jacen.

Darth Sexy
Which means Luke still wtfpwns Jacen with the force

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Which means Luke still wtfpwns Jacen with the force

I never argued against that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.