Title is Official: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
So what do we think about the title?

Whisper
Bit pissed at first as I'm hoping the plot revolves around the Ark but as far as titles go only an Indy movie could have a title like this and get away with it. Yep, a perfect title! thumb up

Ahnold
Hey guys. Huh - surprised more people aren't on here discussing the big revelation ...

I personally quite like the title for "Indy IV" (though I share Whisper's concern that this means that the rumour about the story revolving around the Ark once again - an idea which I loved - is ultimately not true); obviously not everyone's going to like it, but people have to remember that, with the other 3 films now so ingrained in our collective consciousness, the title of this film (much like the controversial titles of the Star Wars Prequels) was never going to have that nice "ring" to it which the other ones have (mainly due to familiarity).

I must admit, though - I am a bit surprised that the title has been revealed at this stage. The IMDB page for "Indy IV" was suggesting late Autumn time ... not that I mind, of course stick out tongue !

And so then - roll on the Teaser big grin !

Ahnold
P.S. For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the OFFICIAL logo for the next Indy film big grin ! Check it out:

Whisper
I wonder if LeBouf was given permission to leak the title. Might have a bit of explaining to do to Spielberg.

Whisper
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hey guys. Huh - surprised more people aren't on here discussing the big revelation ...

I too am surprised and deafened by the silence at the new title. When the photo of Ford in his Indy clothes was released I swear I heard the internet skidding to a halt as bzillions of people stopped what they were doing and checked it out. Roll on "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Or "KOCS" for short!
When I hear LeBouf announce the title I crapped myself coz I was sure he said "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal School".
That would have sucked.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Ahnold
P.S. For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the OFFICIAL logo for the next Indy film big grin ! Check it out:

Oops embarrasment ! Guess the logo didn't upload properly in my last post. Let's try it again ...

Ahnold
Originally posted by Whisper
I wonder if LeBeouf was given permission to leak the title. Might have a bit of explaining to do to Spielberg.

I'm sure he was. And if not ... then I'm pretty sure that they'll be scraping "the beef" off the walls of the Indy set tomorrow. After all - only Ford is non-expendable stick out tongue .

Soljer
I'm, for one, quite glad it wasn't about the Ark again.

Too sequel-ish and not series-ish enough.

You know?

WrathfulDwarf
Not bad....

Devil King
I just assumed it was going to be Attack of the Clones.

Whisper
Originally posted by Soljer
I'm, for one, quite glad it wasn't about the Ark again.

Too sequel-ish and not series-ish enough.

You know? Nah, The Ark is the biggest thing in Indys life. I wanted the Ark stories to be "bookends" to the movies. I'm now hoping that the Ark is the centre of the "opening mini adventure".

Devil King
I don't understand. Wasn't the "Ark adventure" the entire first movie? What is there left to be done with the Ark?

and isn't Raiders the second movie, chronologically speaking? So the Ark arc wouldn't be the book ends anyway.

History Buff
Raiders is the 1st movie, Temple of Doom 2nd.

I'd say that the Indy movies are more as seperate episodes/adventures rather than sequels.

Devil King
Yes, Temple was the second movie made, but chronologically I believe it takes place before the events in Raiders.

Whisper
Originally posted by Devil King
Yes, Temple was the second movie made, but chronologically I believe it takes place before the events in Raiders. Yep, Temple takes place before Raiders.

sithsaber408
Don't like it.

It'll be more like TOD with him chasing after an artifact that isn't Judeo-Christian in nature, but rather about some pagan diety.

Still will be a good film, I'm there... but it seems a waste of all that "faith" that Indy got in the last one.. all that "Do you believe" stuff, etc... to have him now chasing after some alien or pagan thing.

(methinks it starts with aliens in the 50's)

Kazenji
I've read something about this, Shia LeBouf may have said that this is the official title but Mr Lucas has also registered 4 other titles.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Sounds... interesting.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've read something about this, Shia LeBouf may have said that this is the official title but Mr Lucas has also registered 4 other titles.

Yeah, those were all speculation titles. This one is official. Go check it out on the main site.

vintageSW77
I like its retro and fits with the others
so what if a bunch of back slapping celeb hungry pop and rap stars didnt go ape over the announcement at the mtv awards
**** em

PiruBlood
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Don't like it.

It'll be more like TOD with him chasing after an artifact that isn't Judeo-Christian in nature, but rather about some pagan diety.

Still will be a good film, I'm there... but it seems a waste of all that "faith" that Indy got in the last one.. all that "Do you believe" stuff, etc... to have him now chasing after some alien or pagan thing.

i like the alien idea but also i dont i got mix feelings for this. personaly it should revolve around the myans.

exanda kane
At this point, I still feel like a complete arse when I say "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", but I'll roll with it and hope it becomes easier.

SlayerOfJedi13
this Flick is going to sell at least the sae amount, if not, more than the SW prequals

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by exanda kane
At this point, I still feel like a complete arse when I say "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", but I'll roll with it and hope it becomes easier.

Makes me feel like an arse too. The name sounds like a rated G movie, but hey if the movie is good then it won't matter will it.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Don't like it.

Well I'd actually prefer that it wasn't a cross between a wicked action movie and bible studies this time, and as long as the artifact in question is powerful, feasible enough as a macguffin to be pursued, then Im fine.

Don't get me wrong, 'Raiders' and 'Last Crusade' were based heavily on Judeo-christian concepts, and these movies are two of my fav movies of all time, but to limit him to searching only for bible related stuff not only would come across as repetitive, but would also put off folks who don't roll like that.

And also, lets not forget that in Raiders and T.O.D, it is established that a big part of Jone's character is the pursuit of "Fortune and Glory"- no matter where it lies - is a big motivating force for the character.

When Indy was running from that massive rolling ball of stone in Raiders, it wasn't on the account of a christian artifact....
Now did that harm that sequence for you...? Hopefully not.
It certainly didn't for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.