Sylar!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
http://heroeswiki.com/images/3/38/Sylar_shards_levitation.jpg

The villain himself! The one man that just wants to be special, but has gone about it in a completely horrid way, killing innocents just to acquire the abilities that make them special. He wants to be more special, after all, than the undeserving idiots who have their powers...

...and yet he's so awesome.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Captain REX

The villain himself! The one man that just wants to be special, but has gone about it in a completely horrid way, killing innocents just to acquire the abilities that make them special. He wants to be more special, after all, than the undeserving idiots who have their powers...

I want to know how he does it! But on the other hand I don't. sad

Mairuzu
I want to know all the abilities he has, and how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut Because the writers need to keep him alive for story interest! stick out tongue

Tattoo
I want to know all the abilities he has, and how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut

Well, technically he never died so he couldn't "come back to life". He was shanked in the gut and left for dead, he was either dragged down into the sewer or crawled down there with severe injuries...but he never died.

Blue_Hefner

Yes, he makes Palpy look like an angel

Gideon
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Yes, he makes Palpy look like an angel

Not really.

If we're talking Star Wars, he seems to be a hybrid of Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Malak, and General Grievous -- three villains distinctly known for their brutality and aggression. Emperor Palpatine is, at the very least, as evil as Sylar is. He's just not as open. He's more for psychological domination and manipulation rather than "let's kill the ****ing world!!1!"

Sylar is one of my very favorite TV villains (or any genre for that matter), on up there with Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Sylar is the best tv screen villain to come along in the long time. I can't wait to see him in action again in two weeks.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Tattoo
Well, technically he never died so he couldn't "come back to life". He was shanked in the gut and left for dead, he was either dragged down into the sewer or crawled down there with severe injuries...but he never died.

Yea i didnt mean die, i dont know why i said that...

i meant why he couldnt die

but anyways, i also wanna know which power he has to run up walls like friggin spider man... when he attempted to get the little girl at the police station

Tattoo
Yea i didnt mean die, i dont know why i said that...

i meant why he couldnt die

but anyways, i also wanna know which power he has to run up walls like friggin spider man... when he attempted to get the little girl at the police station

A sword to the stomach isn't going to necessarily kill a man. shrug

Strangelove
Still Sylar's survived a considerable amount of damage with no explanation how.

From Wiki:

He has also demonstrated superhuman durability on a number of occasions. He catches Hiro Nakamura's katana bare-handed in "The Hard Part", is shot numerous times to no ill-effect (aside from small bruises), walks away from a fall that kills Peter in "Homecoming", and recovers from being hit with a parking meter and a severe beating by Peter (using Niki Sanders' enhanced strength) rather quickly in "How to Stop an Exploding Man".

Gideon
A sword to the stomach isn't going to necessarily kill a man. shrug

This is true.

But let's not forget that he took a physical beating at Peter's hands before the sword-inflicted injury was delivered and even after, he is presumed to have escaped.

That's impressive.

Bespin Bart
My vote is that all that is instinctual telekinesis, unless there is some sort of durability power that he stole from one of his unknown victims.

He could use his telekinesis to slow Hiro's sword and catch it, to stop the bullets just as they hit him hard enough to leave bruises, to slow his descent, etcetera.

Captain REX
Something like that.

I still want to know what else he's stolen. We know about the telekinesis, cryokinesis, eidetic memory, enhanced hearing, and radiation. What else do you think he's nabbed?

exanda kane
I was always underwhelmed by Sylar; the hype was great, very well done, the execution was always going to fall short, but this short?

Guy looks exactly like me and half the other blokes walking around my university.

Captain REX
I feel that's rather the theme with the people in Heroes. They look very average, for the most part.

In Sylar's case, I think it suits him. He can have his moments when he looks a bit deranged, but for the most part? He's seemingly normal on first glance and wants to change that.

exanda kane
True, true. Perhaps an older Sylar would be a little scarier though. I always imagined Terence Stamp emerging and giving some Hannibal Lector-esque grin.

Strangelove
Originally posted by exanda kane
True, true. Perhaps an older Sylar would be a little scarier though. I always imagined Terence Stamp emerging and giving some Hannibal Lector-esque grin. Bennet suggested that the quantity of foreign DNA he's assimilated drove him insane. It's quite possible that his physical appearance will change with more of this power-acquiring. I like that idea, his one desire (to be "special"wink is degenerating him as a human being.

exanda kane
Yeah, it's full of idea's Heroes, but it always falls short of my expectations. I'm sure that is just me, but jeez, sometimes I wish they would deliver (and I hope the Art Department hire some people that know what they are doing next season!!!)

Mairuzu
Something like that.

I still want to know what else he's stolen. We know about the telekinesis, cryokinesis, eidetic memory, enhanced hearing, and radiation. What else do you think he's nabbed?

I dont think he has the memory, because he kills that girl but then hiro goes back in time to save her and she just ended up dying by cancer right? so sylar doesnt have the memory thing anymore

Captain REX
He's been listed as possessing it, not to mention that Sylar uses it in one of the graphic novels to learn truck-driving in under a minute.

Charlie had a brain clot and was going to die of it, but Sylar still killed her as Hiro did not save her.

Quincy
Sylar is an on again off again favorite for me. He's a really great villain, and we can all agree he was great in "The Hard Part" when he meets with his mother.

And on the discussion about his looks, originally Sylar was going to be a seriously deranged character, with long nails and hair, and fanged teeth. He was described as a "nosferatu" type villain. You can look that up on Heroes Wiki. And they actually offered Christopher Eccleston the role.

But I like how he is a younger guy than he was originally made out to be. It contrasts well with Peter.

exanda kane
Yeah, lovely, another European villain, Christopher Eccleston as Sylar, way to go writing staff. Think, then it would have been yet another case of stereotyping those of different cultures simply out of ignorance, would have made my effin day.

Given though, Eccleston would have pulled it off well considering that that Quinto bloke doesn't have much to offer in the acting department, nor is he convincing as a villain. Should have kept Sylar bathed in shadow.

Quincy
Woah woah woah!

Sylar isn't a convincing villain?

exanda kane
Not after he is revealed to be a ham actor, no.

chickenlover98
i think sylar is a great villian. i think the actor they chose for his role is perfect. i cant think of a better villian. i wanna see how that "new evil" sums up as a villian. if he can beat sylar holy shit

exanda kane
Then I would recommend you read/watch around a lot more. There isn't actually a lot of villainy stored in his little old mind, not exactly unexplored veins of cruelty to be tapped and fed, his motivation for killing others can only last so long. I don't think there's much more to be had rom Sylar being a villain.

Just read the signposts; Sylar will have a change of heart and decide that giving people headache's is not a good way to use ones occult powers, and that helping people is.

chickenlover98
whatever. i believe he uses telekinesis as a shield wrapped around his body. thats how i think he stopped the bullets at the police station

exanda kane
Whatever. I think he asked the bullets to stop diplomatically, first a petition, then a conference, ending on a vote. Yeah. Whatever. All that stuff. confused

Captain REX
And that was Exanda Kane with another one of his depressing, let's-destroy-everything-that-everyone-else-likes speeches. He does it for Star Wars, he'll do it for Heroes...

So...Sylar technically has the power of illusions, now...but...does he have the Virus?

chickenlover98
he doesnt have the power. i think the person he killed was an illusiory cover up. i think the real candice is alive. didnt u realize that one was some random fat chick?

Gideon
He strikes me as a cynic. The cynic that other cynics think is cynical. It's weird and annoying after a while. He likes to live in a dark, dark place.

Anyways, Exanda, Sylar's the shizzle. Quinto is intimidating. You're a loon.

The second I saw that Candice was with Sylar, I knew he was going to kill her. It was only a matter of time...

no expression

chickenlover98
HERRO IT MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN CANDICE. SHE HAS ILLUSIONS.. THE WHOLE THING COULDA BEEN AN ILLUSION

Captain REX
It was Candice. You may not have read the graphic novel regarding Candice's background, but she was originally a rather large punker-goth thing that discovered she could create illusions and so used it to create chaos and make people think they were exploding, melting, etc.

It was Candice. She even said she was Candice. And they stayed consistent, having her dead body be Betty's bloated form...good for them.

Likewise, Gideon. I thought "Damn, you're an idiot, Candice."

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
he doesnt have the power. i think the person he killed was an illusiory cover up. i think the real candice is alive. didnt u realize that one was some random fat chick?

Wow, remind me to never come to you for Heroes theories. no expression

Mairuzu
This is what i know so far....

Sylars powers - Telekinesis / Great Memory / Turning things into liquid / Enhanced hearing / and Illusions / and Freezing abilities

theres most likely more but what...

He had a conversation with Dale, the woman he got the enhanced hearing from...

Dale: Funny, I didn't hear your footsteps.

Sylar: That's because there weren't any.

What does this mean? Did he lift himself up with his telekinesis? Or is this another power he has?

If im missing any then please add to the list

Tattoo
This is what i know so far....

Sylars powers - Telekinesis / Great Memory / Turning things into liquid / Enhanced hearing / and Illusions / and Freezing abilities

theres most likely more but what...

He had a conversation with Dale, the woman he got the enhanced hearing from...

Dale: Funny, I didn't hear your footsteps.

Sylar: That's because there weren't any.

What does this mean? Did he lift himself up with his telekinesis? Or is this another power he has?

If im missing any then please add to the list

He used telekinesis to float, and don't forget his ability to cut open someones head with his finger like it's a buzz saw.

Mairuzu
I forgot about Isaac and Ted...

so precognition and explosives or radiation manipulation

Mairuzu
He used telekinesis to float, and don't forget his ability to cut open someones head with his finger like it's a buzz saw.

Lol, for some reason i never thought of that to be a power...

maybe it is? is it possible it might just be telekinesis?

Mairuzu
He also survived all the test they did on him, but then died and came back to life...

Maybe a power that gives you a strong immune system?

Captain REX
Sylar's known powers:

Intuitive Aptitude - his original ability, allows him to figure out how things work, likely involved with how he steals powers, associated with ticking...
Telekinesis - his most commonly observed stolen ability (from Brian)
Cryokinesis (from unknown victim)
Enhanced memory (from Charlie)
Liquefaction (from Zane)
Enhanced hearing (from Dale)
Precognition (from Isaac)
Radioactivity (from Ted)
Illusions (from Candice)

Mohinder mentions that six people (prior to Zane Taylor) have been murdered by Sylar, including Charlie and Brian Davis and whomever he stole Cryokinesis from. So add another three unknown powers in there...

Mairuzu
12 friggin powers...

You think Molly's father had a power? or mother (i didnt see if her head was cut off)

S_D_J
12 friggin powers...

You think Molly's father had a power? or mother (i didnt see if her head was cut off)

I think it's same to assume her father had a power (maybe Cryokinesis or whatever freezing it's called))... he doesn't cut people's head open randomly.... but the mother... maybe he killed her out of chance, didnt mean to kill her, just maybe....

And I also thought his ability to cut heads off (with his finger) was due to telekinesis... but now Im starting to think it's a new power altogether

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
I think it's same to assume her father had a power (maybe Cryokinesis or whatever freezing it's called))... he doesn't cut people's head open randomly.... but the mother... maybe he killed her out of chance, didnt mean to kill her, just maybe....

And I also thought his ability to cut heads off (with his finger) was due to telekinesis... but now Im starting to think it's a new power altogether

I think he concentrates his Telekinesis to do the cutting of the heads.. but we'll find out eventually i hope.

Well, her father was frozen.. so how could it have been that power... unless he wanted to test it after killing him lol...

Captain REX
Sylar uses telekinesis to rip open skulls.

I don't think cryokinesis was the power of Molly's father; he was frozen in mid-bite before his brain was removed.

Mairuzu
So sylar has 3 abilities we dont really know about

Captain REX
Unless those victims did not have powers, then yes.

Two unnamed characters are shown in photographs in one of the episodes, de-brained.

Mairuzu
You think its possible that he opened their brain to see if it was the one he was looking for? which is mollys power

Captain REX
Molly doesn't quite look for brains, more people. stick out tongue

S_D_J
two de-brained characters means two powers... I don't think there's need for him to cut normal people heads open... he just kill them if has to... like that other cheerleader from last season

Captain REX
He meant to de-brain her, but realized that Claire was the one he wanted, not Jackie. He went for Jackie because of her bragging that she had saved the man from the fire.

So he just stopped and let her die.

Mairuzu
Molly doesn't quite look for brains, more people. stick out tongue

Lol i didnt say that was Molly's power...

i was saying do you think Sylar opened her parents brains thinking it was the power (Which is Molly's) belonged to them...

S_D_J

i was saying do you think Sylar opened her parents brains thinking it was the power (Which is Molly's) belonged to them...

I personally, don't think so... she is a young kid, kids were not listed in the original list... grown ups however, were. So I think he killed them to obtain their power, and realized afterwards that Molly had a power too

Mairuzu
Makes sense, what oh what could it have been

Tattoo

The list had names, he would know which of the people in the house had the power (besides Molly because her parents probably didn't let Dr. Suresh get a sample from her), it's not like he just got an address and then went sniffing around like a bloodhound to find which had that special scent of a Hero.

chickenlover98
who knows, their power would be interesting

*SPOILER* (sorry dunno how to change to spoiler font color)

why the hell can he use his powers?

Tattoo
who knows, their power would be interesting

*SPOILER* (sorry dunno how to change to spoiler font color)

why the hell can he use his powers?

Oh for ****s sake...read this.

chickenlover98
damn it

chickenlover98
does this work damn it yay i forgot the /

Mairuzu
The list had names, he would know which of the people in the house had the power (besides Molly because her parents probably didn't let Dr. Suresh get a sample from her), it's not like he just got an address and then went sniffing around like a bloodhound to find which had that special scent of a Hero. Sylar doesnt have the list

Tattoo
Sylar doesnt have the list

Ah, you're forgetting about the original list of possible Heroes. Go back to Season 1, first few episodes. Mohinder found Sylar's little living area with a map of potential Heroes that he stole from Dr. Suresh after he killed him.

Mairuzu
Oh, the one he stole from Chandra thats right

Tattoo
Oh, the one he stole from Chandra thats right

yes

That's how he knew of some of the people, like Claire. He ran out of names and that's when he crossed paths with Mohinder and pretended to be Zane.

Mairuzu
So can he levitate himself, hence there being no footsteps according to Dale

Tattoo
So can he levitate himself, hence there being no footsteps according to Dale

Yeah, which I'm guessing is all apart of his telekinesis.

Captain REX
Which also includes how he is able to survive being shot so many times...

Mairuzu
And when Parkman first met him face to face.. after shooting him he somehow managed to, i dont know... crawl up a wall? levitate up the wall?

Mairuzu
Still as evil as ever smile

chickenlover98
i am startin he is the best live action villian EVER. the guy who does him has his role down man. props to that guy

DARKLORDCAEDUS
i am startin he is the best live action villian EVER. the guy who does him has his role down man. props to that guy

I would have to agree with you. Zach Quinto is very very talented.

superkronick92
I can't wait to see him play Spock

Entity
Originally posted by superkronick92
I can't wait to see him play Spock Yea he's definitely got that cold emotionless persona down.

Right now he's about the only person I could see taking on Leonard Nemoy's Spock.

Also I'm was so wanting Maya's brother to just beat Sylar's ass down last night. How much would that mess with his ego? To have a, more or less considering his power, human just beat his ass old school! eek!
Oh and Maya is quickly starting to get on my nerves as well. Why are so many of the majority of women on this show so damn crappy?

Really I've been thinking about it and Claire, Simone and Monica are the only female characters I care for so far. I feel like I'm being sexist or something but I honestly have no problems with women in general just the majority of women on this show I think.

starlock
Sylar great villian for the first season

i am getting disinterested in him, i think his role would have been legendary had they killed him off, i am not liking his role or his general involment this season, maybe its beacause i dont think the formula for the first season is working for this season

stickman618
i just want to know what he does with the brains

he obviously studies them using his inherent power of knowing how things work... but then what??

they're not found at the crime scene

nmensfinest
I agree with starlock, Sylar's role this season has been that of a chump.

stickman618
yeah,

a has-been super-villain

Strangelove
Originally posted by nmensfinest
I agree with starlock, Sylar's role this season has been that of a chump. so far......evil face

ragesRemorse
I know why he lost his powers. It had something to do with Hiro's sword. Now that Hiro f*cked up and changed history. The boogeyman will gain acess to his powers.

Nah, im sure it was the virus, but i like pulling stuff out me bum smile

stickman618
Mohinder won't cure him tho,

but maybe he'll just drink some of his blood and then be cured

chickenlover98
Originally posted by stickman618
i just want to know what he does with the brains

he obviously studies them using his inherent power of knowing how things work... but then what??

they're not found at the crime scene

um he eats them DUH. havent it crossed ur mind that he does that? even hiro says he eats brains

stickman618
of course it's crossed my mind

i just can't understand why he still needs to eat them after studying them

maxcarnage1011
i know how he does it... he takes the tops of peoples heads off and eats there brain and digests there powerfearfear

chickenlover98
exactly max

stickman618
sure is a clean eater,

there's never any blood around his moutheat

grey fox
Sylar's such a great character.

He has some of the best one-liners on the show, was incredibly intimidating from the get-go (more-so when he was shadowed, but unshaded he has the whole 'creepy-bug-eyed thing' going for him) and has more powers then you could shake several sticks at.

Plus he's the most realistic. Who wouldn't want to be special ? That's all Grey wants, yet it's overtaken him to the point where his whole life revolves around his 'Evolutionary Imperative'.

RS3dEFX1Zuk

Mairuzu
hes just badass

Neo Darkhalen
Pure badass, the best character on the show, you have to respect Sylar, not only can he kill you in a cool way, with a laser like finger, but he looks like a young Spock too!

chickenlover98
i hope to god he heads up the villains. i dont want him to be dwarfed by someone else. question, does anyone think the nightmare man thing had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to big a build up, and a really gay finish?

Captain REX
Yes, quite a bit, though he did live up to the name.

Sylar has the capability to be in charge, but I don't think anyone would trust him with their brains...

stickman618
i still don't think he eats brains

otherwise he could have gotten Eve's powers even if she did blow her head off

InnerRise
Tim said that when what Sylar does with the Brains is revealed, we'll be grossed out.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

chickenlover98
Yes, quite a bit, though he did live up to the name.

Sylar has the capability to be in charge, but I don't think anyone would trust him with their brains...

even if he wasnt in charge he could eat their brains. so thats irrelevant

stickman618
Originally posted by InnerRise
Tim said that when what Sylar does with the Brains is revealed, we'll be grossed out.

hopefully we'll find out soon,
and i can put my mind to rest

Neo Darkhalen

Does he eat them, just a guess...... confused

stickman618
at first i thought he eats them

then i found out that his real power is to know how things work, so then i thought he just studies them

and he couldn't take Eve's power because her brain was destroyed

and when he tried to take Candice's power, there was blood all over his hands, but none around his mouth

Neo Darkhalen
Does he have to touch the brain?

Or eat a certain part?

grey fox

then i found out that his real power is to know how things work, so then i thought he just studies them

and when he tried to take Candice's power, there was blood all over his hands, but none around his mouth

He could of easily wiped it away from his mouth. Also I dont think brain is very 'bloody'.

InnerRise
He puts it in a blender and slurps it through a straw.

herbsmile

Neo Darkhalen
That's some good energy smoothie.

stickman618
He puts it in a blender and slurps it through a straw.

herbsmile

sick

you didn't have to say it like that sick

stickman618

i just remembered,

her name is Eden not Eve

my bad

Mairuzu
I think he just observes the brain and sees how it works and just... knows how to unlock it...

ihavenoname
when he injected himself with claires blood did he get her power 2?

Mairuzu
i doubt it, i dont think his power works that way

stickman618
I think he just observes the brain and sees how it works and just... knows how to unlock it...

i agree,

but then we still have the mystery of the missing brain confused

chickenlover98
exactly. i am just betting u he eats them. hiro basically confirmed it

Mairuzu
I Hope we get confirmation soon sad

chickenlover98
I Hope we get confirmation soon sad

for sure

InnerRise
Just studying the brain and knowing how it works? NO.

Tim said we'd be grossed out. That doesn't gross me out. You?

stickman618
just the fact that he takes the brain out of the skull grosses me out

Mairuzu
Just studying the brain and knowing how it works? NO.

Tim said we'd be grossed out. That doesn't gross me out. You?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... taking out and digging through someones brain is pretty gross... yes

InnerRise
taking out and digging through someones brain is pretty gross... yes Didn't say it wasn't....no.

And that's not as gross as Tim made it out to be. Seen worse on Grey's Anatomy. ('_' )

Mairuzu
Didn't say it wasn't....no.

And that's not as gross as Tim made it out to be. Seen worse on Grey's Anatomy. ('_' )

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... never accused you of thinking it wasn't, just simply answering your question smile

Captain REX
Digging through someone's brain is gross, but I don't think that's the kind of gross that Tim is referring to. I would probably take the 'sick to your stomach because it's so bizarre and immoral and horribly wrong' gross.

Mairuzu
he rubs it on his peepers?

JackieCD
What does Sylar do?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by JackieCD
What does Sylar do? meaning? hes pretty much the main villain, he kill you by opening your head, doing something with your brain cause the victems never have their brain when they are discovered.. and by doing this he takes your power, he mostly only kills people with powers cause he wants to be special and have as many powers as possible

You'll see in an episode "FIve years gone" What he wants to do from there

starlock
Originally posted by JackieCD
What does Sylar do?

Sylars power is to find out how things work,how they fit together to make a whole,it was his original power

It is thru this power he saw how peoples powers worked, and he bashed in the head of his first victim and did somthing to the brain...what he does is only hinted at, but it allows him to take their powers. to this date sylar has at least 7 powers or more(probably forgot some)

Intuitive knowledge-original power-how things work
Telekinesis
Cryokinesis-cold control-frezing
Enhanced hearing
Radiactivity-heat and possibly emp bursts
Precongnition-paints the future
Molecular control-liquifying metals and plastics,,so far

Possibly has
Leviatation
Photographic memory-only the online comic displays this power
Illusion-was depowerd when he took her brain

And the possibilty of others

Mairuzu
he should have at least 4 or 5 unknown ones

starlock
he should have at least 4 or 5 unknown ones

Yeah the show eluded to him killing more specials....but i dont think they revealed what powers he got

Captain REX
It is generally assumed that, if Sylar takes a power, he takes every aspect of the power. Radioactivity, for example, has EMP blasts that Ted performed. Sylar can most likely do it too.

But yes: Intuitive aptitude, telekinesis, cryokinesis, enhanced memory, enhanced hearing, radioactivity, precognition, and liquefaction are all powers that he has exhibited after stealing from his victims. Candice's power of illusions might possibly be in his inventory. Mohinder mentions more, which would bring his current total to ten (not including illusions). That leaves a possible three unknown powers.

stickman618
did he get the enhanced memory

i thought Charlie ended up dying from a brain tumor because of Hiro's time tampering

GahLakTus
Is there anything to indicate that he ate brains? Because if he can gain powers by eating brains, i don't see why others can't do the same.

If its part of the brain he eats, where is the other portion of the brain?

Or maybe he absorbs it or reconfigures his brain structure after analyzing his victims brains, i'm just speculating.

starlock
did he get the enhanced memory

i thought Charlie ended up dying from a brain tumor because of Hiro's time tampering

It is only shown in the online comics that he has charlies power....and its debatable if the comic came out before hiro changed the past......on the TV show sylar has not used this power or referenced it in any way

Captain REX
Hiro's efforts to save Charlie, sadly, had no effect on the outcome things. He changed certain past details about the months leading up to her death, but not the culmination. She was still murdered by Sylar and her power stolen.

stickman618
that would mean Sylar has "the list" in his head

'cos Mohinder unlocked it and then Sylar must've looked at it

Captain REX
I don't think Sylar got the chance. He tortured Mohinder until Peter came in, and then that little confrontation happened...

starlock
Hiro's efforts to save Charlie, sadly, had no effect on the outcome things. He changed certain past details about the months leading up to her death, but not the culmination. She was still murdered by Sylar and her power stolen.

According to an article by the shows creators and writers, it is not definet he got the power,.....so i will have to see him use it

Mairuzu
graphic novels are pretty canon aren't they? so im sure he does

Captain REX
What article?

starlock
What article?

I will look for it

it came out right about the time the show aired with hiro going back in time to save charlie...it had to do with the creators/writers talking about the comics and that they did not want to hamper the stories they told, and that they would let them write as they saw fit....they also said it was a mystery as to the fact if sylar had the power

They talked about the fact that the comics are different in certain ways then the shows, even when they directly reference the actual tv show, they are not concerned with whats canon(or did not at the time)

They talked about the claire crashing her car to hurt her boyfriend and how the comic has it different

I would definetly say the comics are not canon, as their are too many differences...are we to choose which are and which are not?

I will stick with the show for what is and is not...but thats just me

I love the comics and think they flesh out the heroes universe, but i will not hold them to anything

stickman618
graphic novels are pretty canon aren't they? so im sure he does

supposedly, that happened before Hiro went back

Mairuzu
I guess we'll see it when we'll see it

Endrict Nuul
I wonder is Sylar reallythe 3rd brother to Nate and Peter.

And how long will he stay a good guy for?

Entity
What makes you think that? Because he didn't kill Claire? According to his own words he couldn't if he wanted to. No one can. Which says to me! No one can kill Peter either! big grin

But also I think Sylar's just really back to his original goal of just becoming as special as possible. Not really wanting or caring about killing everyone. Just doing what he needs to keep becoming as special as he can be.

He didn't need to kill Claire to gain her powers, so he didn't!

As for the "normal" people he kills. Its similar to Hannabal Lecter, They get in his way. Stay outta his way and you'll be fine. IMO

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Entity
What makes you think that? Because he didn't kill Claire? According to his own words he couldn't if he wanted to. No one can. Which says to me! No one can kill Peter either! big grin

But also I think Sylar's just really back to his original goal of just becoming as special as possible. Not really wanting or caring about killing everyone. Just doing what he needs to keep becoming as special as he can be.

He didn't need to kill Claire to gain her powers, so he didn't!

As for the "normal" people he kills. Its similar to Hannabal Lecter, They get in his way. Stay outta his way and you'll be fine. IMO

Who are you talking too?

Entity
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Who are you talking too? You when you said, And how long will he stay a good guy for?

And as for the first part of that post. GOD I HOPE NOT! Surely she's just trying to manipulate him as she does practically everyone else.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Entity
You when you said,

And as for the first part of that post. GOD I HOPE NOT! Surely she's just trying to manipulate him as she does practically everyone else. He was trying to say, how long will sylar cooperate with the company till he goes back to killing people

They sure changed sylar, hes not as bad as he used to be.. or was suppose to be

Endrict Nuul
Maybe he is there as a good guy just to fight the villains from level 5 or maybe he stays good or he will change back to villain later later on.....

And is Sylar really the 3rd borther.... of course we wont know until we find out....but still we can talk about it.

Mairuzu
I think Momma Petrelli is using Sylar (obviously) and Sylar is using Momma Petrelli

and im not sure if i'd like the fact that hes really a patrelli

maybe they dont have the same father as the two brothers?

maybe momma patrelli is only telling him that to use him?

she is.. in fact.. known to do this

Endrict Nuul
I think Momma Petrelli is using Sylar (obviously) and Sylar is using Momma Petrelli

and im not sure if i'd like the fact that hes really a patrelli

maybe they dont have the same father as the two brothers?

maybe momma patrelli is only telling him that to use him?

she is.. in fact.. known to do this

There is always that that they are both using each other.

Mairuzu
Most likely

stickman618
so Sylar doesn't eat brains... interesting

(i've been saying this all along)

wiley123
The show is my all time Fav.In episode i am sylar Sylar and his struggle to cope with his newly acquired shape-shifting ability. The episode exploited a much more vulnerable and lost side to Sylar.

gobstakid777
personally, Sylar's the main reason I still watched the show instead of droppin out in that god-awful season 3 and i'm glad he's back to bein evil ol sylar again.I'm really itchin to see this Nylar biz in season 4 but i don't think it'll last and i actually have an in-universe xplaination why
Sylar had Regenration
Memory erasing leaves scars or whatever
Heal those scars and you get your memory back
He Heals the scars and BAM sylar's back
even though that will mean Nate will really be dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.